PDA

View Full Version : What You Seed Is What You Get! (317)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:02 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/317.jpgWhat You Seed Is What You Get!

While Travelling through a Watermelon Field, Ash & Co. are confronted by someone who thinks they're stealing Watermelons so she challenges them to a battle. Her Grovyle knows an attack called Bullet Seed which is what Ash is trying to teach Treecko. Will Treecko Learn it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/317.shtml)

Discuss

Blazing Charmander
23rd October 2004, 6:44 PM
Saw this episode today on Sky One and i was really impressed. I am really liking the Advanced eps at the moment. Even the fillery episodes are brilliant. A massive improvement from Johto. Oh yeah. i sorta liked the addition of Trainers Choice. A nice touch.

My favourite part was definitely the double battle. It's quite a change to see Ash lose to a trainer on the road. It was the repetition of the same strategy that let him down. I didn't think much of the Grovyle trainer. She was quite annoying.

It was great at the end when Ash was trying to cheer up Treecko, spat the seeds at him and Treecko succeeded with Bullet seed.

Overall Rating: 9/10

ZTcrazy
23rd October 2004, 7:04 PM
Another big winner. I also saw it today on sky one and the double battle was done brilliantly. I also liked Treecko's success with Bullet Seed. The trainer with the Grovyle and Slugma was irritating. Her voice was just...ugh! Grovyle's dub voice was unexpected, yet it suits it well. Some funny events, like with the Electrode Watermelon and TR. Oh, and the Trainers choice was a nice change from 'Who's that Pokemon?'

Overall, great start to Pokemon Advanced Challenge! Also, I give this episode 9/10.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2004, 7:11 PM
Grovyle and its trainers voice annoyed me!!! The episode was cool, though, even though they recycled the scene where Treecko hid behind Corphish. The double battle was cool(especially Slugma), and the guard Electrode was funny!!
Overall rating:
7.4 out of 10!!
We've had better fillers(although Treecko's Bullet Seed kinda makes it nonfiller), and we've had worse.

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2004, 10:18 PM
I saw this ep this morning on Sky One (then I watched it again on Mix) I love this episode! It's officially one of my favourite eps! I love Bullet Seed and Treecko!!

(Is this forum new?!)

EDIT: Woops, did realise we were scoring out of 10 o_0;;

10/10! This ep has everything that a good ep needs! A battle, Team Rocket and loads of things.

BUT!! I did realise that when Treecko used Bullet Seed against the Cacnea Machine, the Advanced music didn't come into the background (like in the Japanese version) which was disappointing...(I LOVE that tune)

Tate+Liza
21st November 2004, 7:36 PM
Of course, it will learn. EVERYONE knows that. Mommy, be quiet and go away!

Yellow
30th November 2004, 2:39 AM
This episode was the best Hoenn episode so far. It had great a great story line and the double battle was good.

Waterstar Misty
11th December 2004, 8:56 PM
It was a pretty good episode, i like getting to see Grovlye, TR isn't going to give up stealing stuff lol. I think that my fav part of this episode was near the end, when Treecko learned to use bullet seed by attacking Ash. I think I would it an 8/10.

Silver Fusion
30th January 2005, 9:09 AM
Did any one notice ash said "treeko harden,corphish bubblebeam" treeko cant learn harden legally and treeko used pound not harden.

Torkoal Stu
30th January 2005, 9:31 AM
Did any one notice ash said "treeko harden,corphish bubblebeam" treeko cant learn harden legally and treeko used pound not harden.

It is a mistake! but ash is very slow and stupid!

Moonlight
30th January 2005, 11:46 AM

I thought it was just me, guess he did say that.

Good episode, just watched it this morning since I forgot it was on before x_X. Nice Bullet Seed, the Watermelon Electrode was cool, and it was a all round excellent episode. 100/100.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
30th January 2005, 1:45 PM
Does anyone actually know why they bloody repeated this episode this morning?

Gravy
30th January 2005, 1:53 PM
Does anyone actually know why they bloody repeated this episode this morning?
I assume they're saving as many new episodes as they can, so they'll be able to show a whole string of them during the half term. Thats how Sky usually tend to operate around this time anyway.

Alfonso
30th January 2005, 2:05 PM
I assume they're saving as many new episodes as they can, so they'll be able to show a whole string of them during the half term. Thats how Sky usually tend to operate around this time anyway.

You know, that would be great except for the fact that I don't have Sky. Or Half-Term, considering that my college decided that a week of Mock Exams was better than letting us go for a week. XD

Meh. I actually agree with them. I'd only be wallowing around this place, anyway.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
30th January 2005, 3:11 PM
Yeah but we are already one episode behind the states, and even if they carried on showing the episodes as normal all the way up to half term, we would only be around three episodes ahead of America, which has happened several times before, us being ahead I mean. Bleh, I'm just ****** that I had to get up that early for nothing...

Sharpshooter
30th January 2005, 3:37 PM
IMPERIAL DRAGON - You best get used to it as well, new episodes aren't being shown till the 21st of march, sorry about that lol.

Moonlight
30th January 2005, 3:50 PM
Yep, get ready for a load of repeats o_O. At least they're showing them on weekdays for at least one week from March 21st.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
30th January 2005, 4:23 PM
You say it like its a bad thing, at least now I get some bloody sleep... seriously even showing it on Sky Mix at 10 is too early. It's still daft though, because even after that week we will still be around 5 episode behind, assuming that they don't show two a day, or at the weekends making 9 episodes in 9 days.

DarkWobbuffet
31st March 2005, 3:33 AM
Ah, Grovyle's premire episode. Ya know I would like this one. ;)

Treecko finally gets a grass attack to his moveset, this attack would've really helped him in earlier episodes. The double battle was really great overall. , Despite the fact he lost, Treecko did surprisingly well against his evolved form in battle. Corphish showed off his great defensive strength by being able to take some head on Solarbeams (I know he was using Harden to protect himself and Treecko, but that still had to hurt to a degree). I gotta say though, that was one freakishly powerful Slugma. O.o;

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the watermelectrode. XD

vulpix
31st March 2005, 8:22 PM
i liked that there was a Electrode camofagued as a watermelon.

JazzJazz
6th April 2005, 6:41 AM
Well, series 7 finally kicked off in Australia and it started rather well... it was good to see treecko master bullet seed, though I think the overall content of this episode was a little thin.

Hales
6th April 2005, 10:47 AM
I can't believe I've missed it... I didn't know it was on, and now I'm kicking myself... what time is it on? 8.00?

*hits her head against the wall*

JazzJazz
6th April 2005, 11:36 AM
I can't believe I've missed it... I didn't know it was on, and now I'm kicking myself... what time is it on? 8.00?

*hits her head against the wall*

Yep, 8:00 AM on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Jesse's Alleged Silcoon
6th April 2005, 5:54 PM
Well, series 7 finally kicked off in Australia and it started rather well... it was good to see treecko master bullet seed, though I think the overall content of this episode was a little thin.
I agree - the content was definitely lacking. The watermelon Electrode was cute...but I was waiting for an explanation as to how it got that way. Not even Jesse and James were particularly funny.

Now we have to wait until Monday for the next one.

Torkoal Stu
6th April 2005, 6:58 PM
I just realized I never reviewed this ep. Anyway

Good Points.
*Grovlye appeared.
*Treecko used Bullet Seed.
*Electrode was a watermellon.(lol)
*Ash lost a battle because he usually wins.
*Treecko and Corphish battled together but later they have a rivalary which is wierd.
*The new Intro ROCKS!

Bad Points.
*A few Dubbing Errors.
*Trainer Challenges suck.
*Slugma? The people could of given her any better pokemon than Slugma.
*Ash using the same attacks over and over again.
*Team Rockets Cacnea machine.(Anything else would of worked I thought Cacnea machine looked ugly)

But It was good 8/10!

Hales
10th April 2005, 8:55 AM
Thanks JazzJazz, I owe you one... I don't know how but somehow I'll figure it out :)

So what did Grovyle sound like? I really wanted to see this episode and hear how he sounded.

GreenKirby
20th May 2005, 2:21 AM
This episode is awesome. Natasha was really funny and the battle was very impressive.

Geki
16th August 2005, 2:48 AM
I lost the tape I had this episode recorded on, it sucks, I wanted to watch it. Great episode, I loved the Double Battle. It was a great introduction to Advanced Challenge too. GO WATERMELON ELECTRODE!!

9/10

grovile
3rd September 2005, 10:10 AM
Tomorrow can I see the episode GREAT.
I live in Sweden.

PokeTrainer7783
8th September 2005, 8:31 PM
Okay I know the point of this was to get Ash's Treecko to learn bullet seed but seeing Ash spit out seeds for half the show like ewww!!! I agree with May learn some manners!

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 5:28 AM
Ash has no manners. Same for Pikachu. Well, I love that Kawaii Watermelon Electrode. Overall, a good episode I think. Treecko vs Grovyle. Well Treecko lost though. Overall, quite a good episode. And thos Watermelons look yummy.

wobbanut
25th September 2005, 10:01 PM
At least this episode was a pretty interesting way to start off the season, with an exciting double battle, the camoflauged electrode, Team Rocket's Cacnea machine :D , and Treecko learning bullet seed. I liked how he got mad and used it on Ash and Pikachu after they hit him in the head with seeds at the end. LOL And at least I've gotten used to Grovyle's voice since.

MondoTR
18th October 2005, 9:29 PM
Team Rocket's alterations to their motto were amusing. And I like the watermelon Electrode. Natasha seemed cool as well. Nice ep and the title was an alright pun.

ShinyManafi
25th December 2006, 6:05 AM
Nice! Treecko learns Bullet Seed. A grass attack finally >_>. Overall, a good episode

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 8:25 AM
This was a pretty good episode. I'm glad Treecko finally learned a grass attack. It needed to.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 3:29 PM
it was a good episode and it's about time treecko learned a grass type move.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:30 PM
I loved the end when Treecko got all mad at Ash and Pikachu when they where trowing Seeds at him....then he used the Bullet seed XD

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 10:56 AM
Too bad that Treecko lost, but it was worth it, because he learned a new move.
And i loved how Electrode was looks like a Watermelon, it was funny...

Lorde
1st February 2010, 8:21 AM
I loved how Team Rocket tried to steal those watermelons, only to realize that one of them was just an Electrode that had been painted to protect the field from robbers :p

Seeing Ash and Co. enjoy the watermelon was cute, especially when Ash was spitting seeds. Then the watermelon grower comes along and wants to battle. I thought Grovyle and Slugma were terrible Pokemon to use in sync. Ash used Corphish which was easily beat by Grovyle.

I loved that Treecko wanted to learn Bullet Seed, and it was funny to see it get hit in the head with bullets. 8/10

KGB13
28th June 2010, 7:29 PM
Electrode painted as a Watermelon? Brilliant. I really liked the double battle and I'm glad Treecko learned Bullet Seed because it needed it. Good episode.

G50
27th February 2011, 1:20 PM
This episode was ok... It was really cool seing a Grovyle for the 1st time. It was cool seeing a watermelon colored Electrode. It was great to see Treecko trying so hard to practice and learn Bullet Seed, 1st by practicing shooting watermelon seeds. The double battle against Slugma and Grovyle was really cool, even though Ash lost the battle.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba
26th June 2011, 12:46 PM
This episode was very cool. Mainly because we saw Grovyle for the first time. It's my favorite Pokemon. Glad Treecko learned Bullet Seed. Cool to see a Double battle.

Sneasel11
18th August 2011, 8:51 AM
Treeko spits out alot. That is gross!

Bulba the Great!
20th March 2012, 7:03 AM
The best quote from the entire episode, thanks to my dirty mind: "Wow, Natasha, you really ARE the melon master!"

But otherwise, I have a personal soft spot for the episode. I love Treecko's line and it was a good development episode for Ash's. I always love base forms going against their evolution, except the four million Pikachu vs. Raichu battles we've gotten.

Vernikova
20th June 2012, 4:40 PM
I was sort of relieved that Natasha won the battle since it looked like Ash was going to win after his Corphish somehow tanked a Solar Beam. Silly writers. The episode itself was pretty good for the most part. I wasn't really interested in Treeko trying to learn Bullet Seed but it wasn't anything that hindered the episode.

7threst
27th September 2012, 5:52 PM
This episode was pretty well-made. I loved the double battle with Ash and seeing his Treeko in action and learning Bullet Seed. Treeko may had some issues in power at the beginning, but this proves that how longer the series continues, how more of a powerhouse its getting.

AquaMilotic
5th October 2012, 6:16 PM
I really like this episode. The melon seeds were a nice way to do Bullet Punch, and Ash's battle was also great. 9/10.

Painkiller2001
2nd November 2014, 10:21 PM
Salt on watermelon? Well, to each their own. Doesn't sound to appetizing to me.
I thought I heard Ash tell Treecko to use harden? Then again, maybe I wasn't listening too well at that part.