PDA

View Full Version : Let Bagons Be Bagons! (319)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:05 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/319.jpgLet Bagons Be Bagons!

In their travels, Ash & Co. meet a trainer who has a Bagon that is trying to learn to fly. However to do this it must evolve so Ash decides to help it get stronger. However Team Rocket want to steal the Bagon. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/319.shtml)

Discuss

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2004, 6:48 PM
:(. I missed this episode............Was it worth seeing, or didn't I miss anything?

Jade Mage
23rd October 2004, 7:08 PM
Run of the mill filler really. :| You didn't miss much, except some DREADFUL voice acting in the forest scene. :|

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2004, 7:12 PM
Oh, good. I'd still like to see it, but at least now I'm comforted that I haven't missed anything major. Thanks.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 12:26 PM
I saw the Japanese version of this ep (English version tomorrow!! Can't wait!)
It was not a run of the mill filler! It's a great episode!
I really like the battle between Pikachu and Bagon also when Bagon and Treecko fly up to Team Rocket's helicopter and save Pikachu.

Katsuya
24th October 2004, 12:28 PM
Can't wait for this. Mainly because we get Princess & Togepi on Tuesday!

I prob. won't watch it, or I'll tape it. New computer comes tommorow, so I'll be hooking it up probably.

Shining Mew
24th October 2004, 4:02 PM
Meh, cute episode. I only liked it cause there was the Bagon in it :D Battle was a little stupid tho.

Bayleef
24th October 2004, 4:32 PM
I only liked it because Bagon was in it as well. ^^ The ending at the end where Pikachu jumped off the jet pack, and attacked the helicopter was sort of cool. But it seemed like Bagon was smashing his head into the helicopter for no reason. :/ It was prettymuch a standard filler. Rating: 6/10

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 4:57 PM
I really liked the battle, it was a very on-going battle (I like those kind of battles) I think it's good when Bagon is going to Headbutt Pikachu and Pikachu uses Iron Tail on it's head.
Also it's hilarious when Pikachu headbutts Bagon's head!

ZTcrazy
25th October 2004, 10:30 AM
I've seen this episode in the UK and here is my review:

Voices: Excellent. Michelle's and Bagon's voices were brilliant. Bagon's voice was exactly the way I thought it sound like. Same goes for Shellgon.

Pokemon: All pretty good. No new attacks here, so not much to say.

Characters: Michelle is an excellent character and I'm not suprised she made good friends with Ash, with her powerful and determined nature.

Content: By far one of the best fillers I've ever seen. As always, there are some funny bits dotted here and there in the episode. I loved the battle between Pika and Bagon, Pikachu's Matrix duck rocks! The battle was shown brilliantly and Michelle's glasses really gave her the advantage, but she can't come over Ash's strategy!

Overall, a very good filler. 9.5/10.

Alakazam
25th October 2004, 11:09 AM
;-; I missed it! I thought it was on Sky Mix but it wasn't! ;_;. Can someone tell me when Pokemon is on Normal Sky One in the U.K?

Silver Fusion
25th October 2004, 11:50 AM
;-; I missed it! I thought it was on Sky Mix but it wasn't! ;_;. Can someone tell me when Pokemon is on Normal Sky One in the U.K?

Do not worry Aerodactyl its on at 8.30 in the mornings and on sky one mix it is on at 11.40 on weekdays and on week ends about 10.30 I hope I helped.

Alakazam
25th October 2004, 11:51 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I CAN WATCH IT! Thanks for telling me :D:D:D:D

Pokémon Master Josh
25th October 2004, 12:53 PM
ANOTHER STUPID PRONOUNCIATION!

Grovyle- Grow-vile
Illumise- Il-oo-mee-sey
Bagon- Bey-gon

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

ZTcrazy
25th October 2004, 1:21 PM

Grovyle- Grow-vile
Illumise- Il-oo-mee-sey
Bagon- Bey-gon

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

How do you think Bagon was going to be pronounced? Baa-gone?

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 1:46 PM
I saw this episode this morning and I love it! It's so cool! The battle between Pikachu and Bagon is just brilliant and I love it when Treecko and Bagon go and save Pikachu from Team Rocket's helicopter. It's so funny when Jessie's Seviper hits its head off the ceiling of the helicopter, lol!
I love to see Pikachu use Iron Tail and it did in this episode! I taped it so I'm going to watch it again later....

Sharpshooter
25th October 2004, 1:55 PM
I Heard a lot of Americans were playing it down as an ordinary episode before hand anyway, so I wasn't expecting too much, although it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Team Rocket were great, easily the stars of the episode in my opinion.

Once again somebody has to kiss Ash's arse in a middle of a battle, "wow that Iron tail was really great" STOP IT!! I HATE it when they do that, no wonder Ash is in desperate need of rival!! Somebody needs to beat him good and then start a fist fight with him, that'll create good TV! It's sooooooooo annoying when they keep constantly complimenting each other!!

What's with the voice actor who does Richie's voice?! That's the second time I've distinguished it in the past three episodes! She already covered the girl(can't remember her name) who was in "What you seed is what you get!" and now in "Let Bagons be Bagons" Are 4kids really that cheap in that they have to play the same voice actors over and over again?! It's gets to repetitive otherwise.

Cyndaquil
25th October 2004, 2:37 PM
That was a cool ep! although tomorrows will be better :D

Chris
25th October 2004, 3:13 PM

Grovyle- Grow-vile
Illumise- Il-oo-mee-sey
Bagon- Bey-gon

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
...Illumise is pronounced EXACTLY as it should. They pronounced it as Il-oo-me-seh, not sey. That's how it SHOULD be since it's the same name in Japan.

ChaosMage
25th October 2004, 3:18 PM
Meh. Nuff said, it's good that Bagon evolved. I hope Ash fights it as a Salamance in the Hoenn League. HOPING SO MUCH...

Trillian
25th October 2004, 9:27 PM
Hm, pretty standard filler. Michelle's little speech in the forest was slightly cheesy, and I would've thought she'd have known that determination in the trainer means more determination in the pokémon. But hey, it's the dubber's fault. I thought Bagon was pronounced like 'by-gone', from the pun. I liked the way it was fond of the jetpack, and the way team rocket took a shine to it aswell. Out of 10, I'd give it an 8.5.

Alakazam
26th October 2004, 1:18 PM
Watched it yesterday lol. Well let me see, I have to say I really enjoyed this episode, Team Rocket is why. They were really funny, especially when Jessie sent out Seviper IN THE HELICOPTER and James shouted "LUNCH WILL NOW BE SERVED!". :D. How to say Bagon was strange as well. I always thought it was Bag-on, but according to the show it's Baé-gon. So which one is real :confused:

ChaosMage
26th October 2004, 8:10 PM
Baby-Dragon which means... it's pronounced Ba(y)-Gon. Just imagine Time Wizard beeing in that episode...

Crystal Latios
31st October 2004, 12:23 PM
It was a nice episode. I have seen only japanese version =/
BTW, I have feelings, Michelle is a Team Magma Member. She looks quite like TM girls etc. :rolleyes:

Hales
12th April 2005, 1:34 PM
Okay after taking a while to find the thread, bumping it up for any Aussies who want to comment.

I really enjoyed this episode, I happen to think that Bagon was pretty cute, plus it was nice seeing Treecko again since I missed What You Seed Is What You Get, and loved the bullet seed!

I didn't miss Meowth and his wacky dreams of what Giovanni thinks about Pokemon, because its just irritating :)

vulpix
17th April 2005, 3:03 AM
man,that was one crazy Bagon,you know when it kept jumping off the cliff..but hey Bagon is so adorable.

skater dude
28th July 2005, 2:03 AM
i didnt find dis ep instresting it was a waste of a half an hour

JoHn_C
13th August 2005, 8:10 AM
This episode was pretty cool. Well finally Team Rocket did something right. Now that Bagon evolved into Shelgon it's this close to be learning how to fly. and yes I agree the part where Pikachu jumped from the Rocket thing was pretty cool.

Geki
16th August 2005, 12:04 AM
I didn't like this episode much, but at least I got to see Shelgon, one of my favorite Pokemon. The Pikachu VS Bagon battle was cool too.

4/10

grovile
3rd September 2005, 10:44 AM
A really great episode a good fight and Team rocket close this battle.
8/10.

wobbanut
25th September 2005, 10:08 PM
I have a little problem with the radar glasses, which seemed to give bagon more of an unfair advantage, even though the girl was using them to help bagon improve his battling. Apart from that, though, the episode was pretty good. I like the way they characterized bagon, and we got to see Meowth willing to help bagon fulfill his dreams. I wish they would have had a sequel to this episode, though. It would have been interesting to see if shelgon evolved yet.

Pokemonger49777
5th November 2006, 4:55 PM
I don't think ash fought any Salamences in the hoenn league.

CyberCubed
17th November 2006, 6:39 AM
He never battled a Salamence.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 9:13 AM
Good episode. It was a nice story of a Bagon. Not much else but oh well.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 3:25 PM
this episode was quite enjoyable, bagons are kinda cute if you take a good look^^

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:35 PM
I feld sorry for Bagon, but it was cute when he evolved into Shellgon..he's one step closer to his dream

Vycksta
3rd April 2009, 2:09 AM
Well if you know me then you should know that this episode is my favourite one. Ever.

Michelle is the best character of the day ever to grace the anime. She had determination but was not out of touch with reality, craved the best for her Pokemon, is happy either being by herself or with others, a good battler and tactician in her own right... and yeah, Hella sexy to boot. She had so much potential she would have fitted in with Ash and co and travelled around with them for a bit... at the very least till Shelgon evolved into Salamence.

Ash and Michelle's battle was one of the better "filler" scraps and it was nice to see Meowth trying to help Bagon to fly. The speech of Michelle's in the forest however was the only gripe; bad dubbing. Michelle's not thick dammit.

Naturally I rate this 10/10. Biased? Obsessed? Ha, i'm BOTH.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:20 PM
Bagon was strong, i loved the battle between it and Pikachu.

And i loved to see a Shelgon, it was great.

6/10

Lorde
3rd January 2010, 10:55 AM
Someone said this was Filler, though this was Bagon's anime debut so it ain't Filler.

Yes, I found the story to be bland. Bagon's attempts at flying were good, but that was it. It's evolution caught me by surprise, but now it should be hardy for it to move about.

Not very good, but not bad. I loved the COTD's glasses. 4/10

Willow's Tara
4th May 2010, 6:42 AM
He never battled a Salamence.

About two years later and that is now not true, he has tried battling Hunter's J's Salamence I am sure of it. Speaking of which doesn't anyone else think Michelle's clothes look alot like Hunter J's? Same with the glasses maybe she is related to her lol. Hunter J's daughter! (Plus she has a Shelgon!). She returns this time as a villain.

Anyways not a bad episode, I wonder if Shelgon evolved yet (Unless J's Salamence is really Michelle's Shelgon because it evolved and they are related lol)

KGB13
28th June 2010, 7:55 PM
This episode was alright. I liked Bagon and I really didn't expect for it to evolve, so it was a surprise. The COTD was totally cheating with those shades, but whatever.

G50
27th February 2011, 1:34 PM
This episode was ok... it was cool seeing Bagon for the 1st time. It was really cool to see the battle between Pikachu and Bagon. I'm glad Pikachu was eventually able to win the battle. It was very cool to see Bagon in a jetpack and it, Treecko flying up to attack TR to save Pikachu.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba
26th June 2011, 12:49 PM
Not a bad episode. Cool to see Bagon for the first time.Glad it evolved into Shellgon. Apart from that it was just a standerd filler.

Vernikova
21st June 2012, 9:28 PM
I liked this episode. I especially liked Michelle's design. Bagon's dream to fly was pretty cute and I enjoyed the battle that Ash and Michelle had in the beginning though. It's too bad she never appeared again since I would've liked to see her battle with a Salamence.

7threst
27th September 2012, 9:20 PM
I think this episode was alright and I did enjoy Michelle and her Bagon. This episode reminded me in some way of the episode when the Oddish wanted to learn fly and I think the whole flying concept was still alright to use (whereas other concepts like episodes that are centered around Nurse Joy were overused) Good episode in my opinion and it was enjoyable to watch.

AquaMilotic
5th October 2012, 6:21 PM
I think this is a nice filler. The idea of Bagon wanting to fly was cool to see, the writers portrayed that well. Ash and Michelle had a great battle too! 8/10.

Nekagi
16th August 2014, 11:50 PM
At first, I thought that Michelle was one of the baddie characters because she wore those shades. It's good that she's a friend. Where did she get those shades? Is it ever explained?

Royal_Qeca
17th August 2014, 4:14 AM
This episode was indeed a classic one. I still remember this one with quite a passion and it did let me learn how interesting Bagon is as a Pokémon.

Painkiller2001
2nd November 2014, 11:18 PM
Neat how the COTD had some glasses that let her analyze situations in the battle like that. :)
With those kinds of high-tech glasses, I'm surprised she wasn't a villain of some sort.

Lorde
28th November 2014, 2:49 AM
Michelle was so pretty and Bagon was adorable as well, even if his attempts to fly were hysterically sad. Meowth's boss fantasy about Bagon using its head to break coconuts for Giovanni made me cackle wildly, and Pikachu's battle with Bagon was interesting to watch until Meowth arrived on his jet pack, which ironically helped Bagon accomplish his dream.