PDA

View Full Version : A Togepi Mirage! (321)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:07 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/321.jpgA Togepi Mirage!

After their battle with General Hansen, Misty's Togepi takes them to the Mirage Kingdom to try and protect them. However General Hansen is still trying to get in and get the Togepi. Can he be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/321.shtml)

Discuss

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2004, 7:06 PM
I thought it was 'Colonel' Hansen. This episode was really touching. I nearly cried when Misty and Togetic parted. Did anyone else notice Hansen crying as he was being watched by the Rockets while being taken to jail?
Overall rating:
10 out of 10!!!!!!!!
Probably the best AG episode yet!!! Keep up the good work Nintendo!!!

Pokémon Master Josh
27th October 2004, 10:10 AM
It was Colonel Hanson,
Togetic DEFINITELY kept it's Japanese voice "Chikku-Toge-cikku!"
It was touching with Misty's Togetic leaving, but Misty's Gyarados with Flamethrower was COOL!
And then Princess Sarah got her Togepi... aah!
The whole space/time/barrier/mirage kingdom thing was a bit confusing, and I don't think 2 Ninjasks and a Shedinja could break the barriers of space and time...

Sharpshooter
27th October 2004, 10:16 AM
Just finished seeing it for the first time on Sky one there.

Awww, very sad epi' indeed. I couldn't agree more with you Sheer Cold, both "The Princess and Togepi" and "The Togepi Mirage!" were easily the BEST episodes of the Hoenn region. I have it up to here with all these other people giving so many freakin 10/10's for all these other Hoenn episodes prior to these two, if that's the case then these two would rank at about 1000/10.

Respect to Colonel Hanson, he was a REAL villian. That's I was trying to say to people earlier, if you stop it with the arse kissing between gym leaders and other trainers that Ash fights, you might actually achieve a decent episode for once! I mean if Colonel Hanson was a gym leader, he would rock! Forgot people like Roxanne, I mean ugh....

Wait a minute, no Team Rocket motto this time?! I was waiting for that all episode, meh no time I guess, it was too action-packed for anything other than solarbeam's and safeguards.

Yeah I think the highlight must be the Gyarados using flamethrower. You see that Shedinja, that was a frying alright.

Ah well, just gotta hope more of the same for the rest of the Hoenn region.

Silver Fusion
27th October 2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah I noticed togetic was saying togechikku aswell but i did like misty's gyarados it was cool and I think misty will be back for the hoenn league.

Sharpshooter
27th October 2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah I noticed togetic was saying togechikku aswell but i did like misty's gyarados it was cool and I think misty will be back for the hoenn league.

Heh, lets not get too carried away that she's due to make another appearance in the Hoenn region. Those Misty haters will start accusing us of bashing May and Max otherwise :P

Alakazam
27th October 2004, 10:34 AM
Nice Episode. Bit Sombre near the end, but then Togepi appeared, happy ending, blablablah :/. Nice filler though, but I wish Shedinja actually used ANYTHING other than Solarbeam, but maybe it picked up a Choice Band XD. Togetic's voice was rather squeaky, but the storyline was good.

8/10.

ZTcrazy
27th October 2004, 2:02 PM
I'm gonna be so lazy, and not bore you with one of my long reviews!

It was a great episodes, by far one of the best so far. I would have probably cried at the end but I was eating egg on toast, and I missed Togepi evolving. But hey, at least I got to see Togetic. His voice was cool, it was kinda clicky as well. Ash's face was priceless when he saw Misty's Gyarados. Also, it was really sad when I saw all the Togepi hurt in their paradise.

10/10 for me!

Cyndaquil
27th October 2004, 2:59 PM
Easily the best Hoenn ep so far! Togetic had a different pronunciation to what i thought

Toge-tic

I thought it would be Tog-etic!

Gravy
27th October 2004, 3:19 PM
Shedinja and Ninjask are such awesome pokémon I have to say. They just really seemed to suit Hanzou and seemed like pretty villainous pokémon thanks to their cunning techniques and strong attacks. I love to see that sort of thing in the series, because it really is somewhat lacking from time to time. Would be nice if there was a Hoso based around the Mirage Kingdom, would be cool to see Hanzou and his pokémon again.

The whole plot was pretty good, but I usually get the feeling of it being rushed at some parts. Can't really pin-point why I'm afraid ^^; But, none-the-less, it was still an awesome episode and it rolled along quite well. Decent characters, decent plot and decent pokémon. Although Togetic just dissapointed me. It didn't really seem to do anything except create a huge safegaurd.

I especially liked the animation in this episode, the Gyarados scene standing out the most (thank god they kept the music there).
Guess it was nice to see Misty again...*shrugs* 0.o

ChaosMage
27th October 2004, 5:45 PM
I just saw this episode and I loved it (like all 2-parters) Togetic was so cute. Have you noticed that this was almost identical to Pidgeotto's evolution and departure. I never thought Togepi would leave (I knew it would evolve sooner or later) And now, Porygon2 is the only unshown Johto pkmn (that I know of) I wish they'd explained how that egg got all the way to Grampa Canyon in Kanto. Oh well. Ninjask and Shedinja were a bit repetitve, and Solarbeam didn't take as long as it should. Same with Hyperbeam (maybe they've practised a lot) I felt bad when Shedinja was just lying there, all burned up. I almost wish someone had adopted it as their own.

Katsuya
27th October 2004, 7:35 PM
I definetely had a tear in my eye when Misty and Togetic parted.

Hanson = Teh 3vil d00d! But honestly, he's one of the best villains in Pokemon for a while.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
27th October 2004, 8:04 PM
Shedinja has a funny voice! best eps ever! 20000000000000/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Factory Head Noland
27th October 2004, 10:30 PM
This episode was great! I really don't like Hanson!!
It was so cool when Togepi evolved and Gyarados' Flamthrower was so cool! It was funny when it hit Shedinja and it just fell slowly to the ground, lol.
It was really sad when Togetic went!! And then Misty went!
Torchic done great when it Embered one of the Shedinja!! Go Torchic!!

Neo Kuja
28th October 2004, 8:48 AM
I don't USUALLY watch the anime, but this one definately caught my eye. Without doubt the best in the series so far, and I'm not sure if it's ever going to be matched. There was a very creepy thing that Shedinja had going on there... I need to raise me one. However, the whole Togetic thing was a bit of a 'been-there-done-that' experience, but Togetic rocked nonetheless. Awesome ep! ;292;

Lupin
30th October 2004, 7:53 PM
What are the chances that this episode will repeat on Sky.I missed it due to the fact I was going to the cinema with my mates to see Alein vs Predator,.

Heracross
20th November 2004, 8:01 PM
Good God did 4Kids ruin this episode. I can't watch the dub version without yelling at my TV, it's just that bad. I had the extreme good fortune to be able to see this episode in the original Japanese and it was very good, one of the best episodes I've seen. There was so much suspense and emotion, and the part where Togetic left was truly touching. In the Japanese version, when Togetic is about to leave, they have very emtional music playing, whereas is the dub the background music just keeps going as if nothing important was happening. It's really unfortunate 4Kids had to ruin such a touching moment like that. Taking such a good episode and making it so bad is just wrong. Most of the time the music changes are just annoying, but in this case it really disgusts me.

~*Aurora Wish*~
21st November 2004, 5:14 PM
I especially liked the part where Misty sent out Gyrados to battle Hansen. I didn't know it could learn Flamethrower!

Mistystar89
8th December 2004, 3:14 AM
I thought this episode was awesome! Her Gyarados kicked butt with Flamethrower! Go dragon, go! I was crying when Togetic and Misty left, really! But I really hope we see her again soon! 10/10!

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 8:46 PM
It was great to see Togepi evolve but sad to see her leave. I liked this episode but think that it could have been done better.

Torkoal Stu
24th December 2004, 2:55 PM
;292; i loved this ep. it was so sad! garados's flamethower was so cool! and togepi finally evolved!(i thought it would evolve in johto!) ;291;

Medea
3rd January 2005, 5:12 AM
I am happy that Togepi finally evolved. But I swear, I was in tears when Misty and Togetic went their seperate ways. Honest, first episode to make me cry!

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 3:45 PM
I love this episode because we can see Kasumi again! :) And Togepi evolved :) The end of episode is really cute when Kasumi is holding Togetic's hands and she is crying It's so beautifule! It;s one of my favourite episodes :)

vulpix
31st March 2005, 8:43 PM
aww togepi evolved to save Mirage Kingdom.

Hales
18th April 2005, 8:16 AM
Australia finally got to see this episode and I'm still trying not to choke up over the ending... I had to tell myself that I wasn't going to cry *sniffles*

I love Togetic... so loving, plus I thought it took a long time for Togepi to evolve... so I'm happy.

Transducer
20th April 2005, 1:36 AM
This episode was really cool. It was really sad to see Misty saying bye to Togetic, I almost shed a tear there as I saw that scene :( Misty's Gyrados (sp?) was wicked. I totally loved the look on Hanson's face as Gyrados shot out a Flametrower to incinerate Shedinja and also seeing Hanson get burned =D

I give this ep an 8/10

Shadowcat
8th August 2005, 4:35 PM
Awesome Awesome! This ep and the previous one was the best eps in Pokemon! I say when Misty is not around, nobody stops Brock teh way she does. I hope they make a new style for her to make Brock stop. Like toss him into the air Misty. May and Max can't beat her standard. Her pokemon can easily KO May's Pokemon. Her pokemon are extra cool. I hope to see a return of Togetic and they coem back together to fight colonel what so ever. That Shedinja did keep using the same attacks. Maybe it was at a low level. I just love the ep! The DVD or VCD of this ep is out soon and I must buy it to watch it again and forever!

I give 1 Million Stars for this ep.

Geki
16th August 2005, 12:08 AM
This was one of the worst Advanced Challenge episodes to date. It had poor animation and was really short and boring. Oh well, at least I got to see Misty again, and her Togetic. At the end, Misty said to Ash ''Make Sure you take first place in the Hoenn League''. She should have said ''Make Sure you take Eighth Place in the Hoenn League''. XD

WaterDragon trainer
31st August 2005, 12:15 AM
Just one thing was wrong in the first part of this episode that I noticed. When Misty
went with May and Max, she had Corsola use Spike Cannon on Shedinja! Then, Max
said that Shedinja had a really strong defense. Shouldn't Max already know that Shedinja is a ghost type and that Spike Cannon should't have affected Shedinja at all?

Momoko Lover
31st August 2005, 1:09 AM
That's probably what he was talking about. Overall this was a really good episode. The part were Misty use Gyarados was kinda weird seeing as she used to hate them.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
7th September 2005, 5:42 AM
I loved That Episode 10/10

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 5:22 AM
She used to hate them. She's seen the light. This is a good episode! Love the Togepi and Togetic descriptions. Mirage Kingdom and all, I think it was a preview for Mirage Island.

wobbanut
26th September 2005, 7:16 PM
Again, I really loved this two-parter. I like that Team Rocket got to help out by betraying Hanson by telling where the king and queen were. :D All the little togepis were cute, and it's amazing how powerful Togetic was after it evolved. Too bad that Togetic left the show, but I can only imagine the people at a certain website were dancing in the streets. LOL ;) That scene with Misty saying goodbye to Togetic was so touching. I also liked the part when Misty sent out gyarados, and Ash's reaction. It was funny how Misty did the Gary-esque "kiss the pokeball" bit before she sent it out too. I can't wait to see the Chronicles, because I'm dying to see about her and gyarados.

thed3
27th October 2005, 7:56 PM
This episode was actually pretty good. Although the battling was kinda short just seeing Ninjask and Shedinja was good enough for me. Shedinjas dub voice I thought was kinda weird...for a dead pokemon I thought it would've had a lower toned voice, but whatevers. Ninjasks dub voice was perfect. Misty finally showcasing Gyarados was cool even if it was for a couple of seconds. It was kinda sad seeing Misty and Togetic part, but it was nowhere close to how sad it was to see Ash and Butterfree part... that was a tearjerker. Overall a good episode and two-parter.

Blaziken master
27th October 2005, 9:03 PM
I always thought shedinja sounded like stitch from Lilo and Stitch

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 4:29 AM
i loved this episode! finally togepi has a use for something besides looking cute and making random explosions.

Mr. Mime
31st May 2006, 8:07 AM
I missed this episode :( But I seen scense from Tubetv, and I had a tear in my eyes when Misty and Togetic parted :( Togepi was my FAV! How could he/she leave?!? :( I will miss him/her so much, same with Misty, I miss her a lot.

Anaya
26th June 2006, 7:25 AM
Aww this episode was SO sad =(. It was so sad when Togetic had to leave Misty!!! Waaa! They were such great pals! I hope they see eachother again!

Captain Bones
18th July 2006, 12:21 AM
Togetic was very cute. I was sad when Misty & Togetic had parted. I was also sad when Misty lefted Hoenn. I hope to see her again soon.

Ash's Pika Pal
17th September 2006, 6:49 PM
Aww it was sad to see Togepi/Togetic go. Yeah your right PokemonMaster216 hopefully they will see each other again someday.

poke poke
23rd October 2006, 7:19 PM
;383; yes, i finally saw it. igot a dvd with some of the episodes.
togetic sounds a lot cuter than togepi

it was sooo sad when togetic left misty. i almost cried

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 9:58 AM
This was a very good episode. I'm really going to miss Togepi :(

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 3:17 PM
this episode was very touching, i give this a 8/10.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:38 PM
It was a great episode, Togepi who evolves...but sad that it leave after all =(

the1stpkmnfan
14th March 2009, 4:36 PM
This episode probably has one of the most saddest seasons ever. I enjoyed Togepi for the whole time it was on the screen, and now it's in another world. :(

I ALWAYS cry when I watch this ending. I get full of tears and I have to wipe them down.

milenadrg
19th April 2009, 10:36 AM
Great episode! Misty finnaly uses her Boring Egg in action and it FINNALY evoloved(I waited for that moment soo long). But it was sad when Togetic was leaving...

Slowking[George]
20th April 2009, 4:45 PM
I'm too sad to watch Togetic leave Misty, I hope someday those two will unite again.

Touching ending, I almost cried the first time I watched it. 10/10

firestar319
29th July 2009, 6:58 PM
It was so sad to see Togetic leave Misty, after all the time they've been together. Hopefully we'll see Togetic again.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:15 PM
Togetic was really powerfull. and i loved to see the general arrested.

Too bad that Togetic left....

6/10

Willow's Tara
4th May 2010, 6:54 AM
Both episodes were quite good, it's nice to see Misty again (It's interesting that when a previous girl member comes and meets the current one it's about 2-3 episodes, Dawn?May were 3 episodes).

It's sad that Togetic had to go (It's about time that it evolved). That villain was quite evil really (And seems forgotten when people discuss the most evil ones).

KGB13
16th August 2010, 12:00 PM
It was great to see Togepi evolve, but it was sad to see it go, especially since it's been with Misty since Kanto.

I really didn't like the first episode of this story, but this one was good.

Sayho1234
25th September 2010, 8:49 AM
BEST.EPISODE.EVER :D!

Although I wish that more of Togetic's moveset were shown.

Lorde
8th January 2011, 4:12 AM
Well it looks like this was the final episode of the Togepi arc. I liked it, sort of. Things in the beginning got really weird once Misty's Togepi transported them to that weird dimension (the Togepi Paradise). I loved all of the Togepi that were seen there; even if they were injured. I was upset that the General guy managed to get his hands on Misty's Togepi halfway through the episode. Thankfully, Ash and friends found the guy and they confronted him. Seeing the Togepi enter the real world was neat, but seeing Misty's Togepi evolve into Togetic was the best part! I almost cried when Misty had to leave her Togetic behind. I was just starting to like Togetic, but it just disappeared. It was a sad ending, but it was a great episode in its own right. This one gets a 8/10.

G50
27th February 2011, 1:48 PM
This episode was cool. It was great to see Togepi evolve into Togetic. Togetic is a much better Pokemon to me. It was sad to see Misty and Togetic having to part ways at the end. It was great to find out that Misty had a Gyrados and that it learned Flamethrower. It was definitely useful against the Shedinja.

69/100

hever
2nd March 2011, 7:11 AM
I was surprise to see how small Togetics are. Wow. Sucks that Togepi evolved. She's so much cuter than Togetic. But overall I like it. Saying goodbyes are not the best episodes, but I really like them.

9/10

TheEpicGoomba
26th June 2011, 12:52 PM
This episode was awsome. Glad to see Togepi evolve. Sad to see it be let go. Togetic is so small. Sad episode.

Jnmisty
27th January 2012, 6:58 PM
I like the part when Misty grabs a pokeball and chosing Gradyos. It is like Misty had a secret weapon all this time that really surprised Ash in a big way.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 12:16 AM
ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES :) Misty battled with her gyarados it was so epic & I loved how surprised Ash was at her controlling one Ash now learned never to underestimate her & LOL May "Wow with just one attack?"

AquaMilotic
25th February 2012, 1:04 PM
This episode traumatized me. Togepi evolved into a Togetic and was released. I like Togetic better than Togepi, but Misty's Togepi should've never evolved, Togepi fits Misty so well! And even more horrible is the fact that it's released... Misty should have kept it forever. I love Togepi/Togetic so much... I've grown attached to it in my youth, and then this happens... Brock was still awesome, and May's and Max's reactions when Misty pulled Brock by the ear were funny. And all those Togepi from the Paradise were so cute, while using Metronome! And Togepi/Togetic using Safeguard was really impressive! And Misty's Gyarados was also very impressive. This episode is horrible for me. It's not even that bad on it's own, but Togetic being released means I'll give this episode 1/10, it's so sad and traumatic to me... I'm thinking about this episode and I'm crying now. Not only teary eyes, but a rain of tears is coming out of me... Togetic should come back to Misty and be Misty's Pokemon for ever! When I saw this episode and the one before it for the first time, I hoped Misty would be a main character again. I didn't expect it, but I hoped it... Unfortunately, my negative expectations became reality...

Blessed
25th February 2012, 11:58 PM
It's good that Misty had 2 hoenn eps to herself.

This episode traumatized me. Togepi evolved into a Togetic and was released. I like Togetic better than Togepi, but Misty's Togepi should've never evolved, Togepi fits Misty so well! And even more horrible is the fact that it's released... Misty should have kept it forever. I love Togepi/Togetic so much... I've grown attached to it in my youth, and then this happens... Brock was still awesome, and May's and Max's reactions when Misty pulled Brock by the ear were funny. And all those Togepi from the Paradise were so cute, while using Metronome! And Togepi/Togetic using Safeguard was really impressive! And Misty's Gyarados was also very impressive. This episode is horrible for me. It's not even that bad on it's own, but Togetic being released means I'll give this episode 1/10, it's so sad and traumatic to me... I'm thinking about this episode and I'm crying now. Not only teary eyes, but a rain of tears is coming out of me... Togetic should come back to Misty and be Misty's Pokemon for ever! When I saw this episode and the one before it for the first time, I hoped Misty would be a main character again. I didn't expect it, but I hoped it... Unfortunately, my negative expectations became reality...

I love her togetic because now it can finally battle because SOME people happen to complain how it didn't do anything in the entire span of johto. May is one of Misty's biggest fans!

Caseydia
27th February 2012, 9:10 PM

You rather her carry around the sunny side up egg, then for it to be able to fly? You are right that it would have been nice for Misty to keep it but I rather it to be independent than to be dependent on Misty second after second. That was just boring.

I just wished they hadn't trolled us with the whole, (Finally when Togepi evolves, she'll release it.) Trolls!

AquaMilotic
28th February 2012, 7:49 PM
It's good that Misty had 2 hoenn eps to herself.

I love her togetic because now it can finally battle because SOME people happen to complain how it didn't do anything in the entire span of johto. May is one of Misty's biggest fans!

Maybe the perfect solution would have been: Misty staying for ever, Togepi evolving in Hoenn and being a Togetic for ever, outside of the Poke Ball. Then it would have gotten plenty of screen time as a Togetic!

You rather her carry around the sunny side up egg, then for it to be able to fly? You are right that it would have been nice for Misty to keep it but I rather it to be independent than to be dependent on Misty second after second. That was just boring.

Sorry, but I really enjoy that naughty baby Pokemon who doesn't see danger. Togepi is so much fun to watch! I think Togepi fits Misty better than Togetic. I like the Pokemon Togetic better than the Pokemon Togepi, but Misty and Togepi are like an unbreakable couple for me (like Ash and Pikachu), they should be together (as trainer/Pokemon, and as friends, not in a shipping, of course!) without evolution and departure.

I just wished they hadn't trolled us with the whole, (Finally when Togepi evolves, she'll release it.) Trolls!

You are right about that! It would have been nice to see it as a Togetic for some more time. And it's just horrible in general, Togepi has been on the show for so long, and just gets dumped in two episodes... Misty should have kept Togetic forever!

Caseydia
28th February 2012, 9:28 PM
Sorry, but I really enjoy that naughty baby Pokemon who doesn't see danger. Togepi is so much fun to watch! I think Togepi fits Misty better than Togetic. I like the Pokemon Togetic better than the Pokemon Togepi, but Misty and Togepi are like an unbreakable couple for me (like Ash and Pikachu), they should be together (as trainer/Pokemon, and as friends, not in a shipping, of course!) without evolution and departure

And what about the Azurill that she had? I know Togepi has been in the pan for the longest, but either two things had to happen. She would actually use Togepi or have it evolve. But to me Azurill was more of a match for her. They both are babies so I don't get the point. I just don't see how not using it helps her or Togepi.

AquaMilotic
28th February 2012, 9:36 PM
And what about the Azurill that she had? I know Togepi has been in the pan for the longest, but either two things had to happen. She would actually use Togepi or have it evolve. But to me Azurill was more of a match for her. They both are babies so I don't get the point. I just don't see how not using it helps her or Togepi.

Sorry, I just think Togepi is cute and that it's funny, even though it didn't do much in battles, except for beating Pikachu in the battle against Ash for Totodile, and using Metronome a few times. But I still like Togepi! Azurill fits Misty as well, but not as much as Togepi... Togepi is just a classic, like Ash's Pikachu... I admit nostalgia plays a big role here... Sure, Azurill is a baby as well, but Togepi is Misty's anime signature Pokemon, like Ash having Pikachu as his outside-of-the-PokeBall signature Pokemon. That Pokemon shouldn't evolve or get released.

Vernikova
22nd June 2012, 2:26 PM
Finally, Togepi is gone and it will never return again. It was Misty's most annoying Pokemon and it's the sole cause of why I disliked Misty for a good stretch of her run. There was nothing redeemable for an egg that did nothing but get in the way. Anyway, Misty using Gyarados was really cool to see and I'm glad that Togepi finally did something useful by evolving.

Arvis
1st August 2012, 5:32 AM
i really enjoyed this episode but it was sad to see misty release her togetic.

7threst
27th September 2012, 10:23 PM
This episode was great. The dramatic and emotional ending with Togetic saying goodbye to Misty and seeing Misty's Gyarados and all the action. This episode was in so many ways interesting and great that this certainly was memorable for me. Truly a masterpiece in my opinion.

zhixun
20th May 2014, 10:03 AM
It is nice to see the deep relationship between Kasumi and Togechick. Generally nice episode in my opinion. Just hope that Kasumi will visit here someday, even in the side stories.

minerswhocraft
6th July 2014, 3:21 PM
Gosh darn it Pokemon! Trying to make a grown man cry again! Nearly did it this time, though you only got watery eyes!

Like everyone else seems to be saying, this was the best episode of the Advanced Generation series so far. (wonder why that is? Couldn't be Misty could it? hmm...)

My biggest problem however was... WHAT THE HELL WRITERS?!? It's bad enough that we feel bad about Misty being stuck at a gym! Now we know she is stuck at the gym WITHOUT her beloved Togepi! Togepi was one of the funniest characters in the show and his voice work was always fantastic! So once again we have to say goodbye to Misty knowing that she is returning to the gym even MORE ALONE than before!

Well Misty, wherever you are today, I certainly hope you get the chance to reunite with your Togepi/Togetic and get to set back out on your quest to become a Water Pokemon Master. We know it's not fair that you're stuck in your gym.

Painkiller2001
3rd November 2014, 12:19 AM
Sad to see Misty let go a Pokemon that she had for such along time. :(