PDA

View Full Version : Candid Camerupt! (322)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 2:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/322.jpgCandid Camerupt!

On his travels towards Lavaridge City, Ash & Co. meet up with the Winstrate family and they all decide to battle one another. However each battle is tough for each of our gang. Will they be triumphant?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/322.shtml)

Discuss

ZTcrazy
23rd October 2004, 6:13 PM
I haven't seen this episode but, does anyone agree with me that this would have been a better dub for 'The film's riding on Camerupt!'

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2004, 6:15 PM
Oh yes, I agree with you. This episode was kinda bland, but I like the reference from the game. Camerupt's voice was good, and I didn't mind Swellows. Hopefully, Ash's will be better.
Overall rating:
5.2 out of 10!
This was a standard filler, nothing of intrigue, and barely better than Johto's.

Phantom_Bugsy
23rd October 2004, 6:19 PM
I'd vote it better than that. XD But Vito is a serious BABE, so he made me wanna watch it. <3

It was good, but it could have done with less battling. O_o 9/10 because of Vito's hotness. <3

.Bambi.
23rd October 2004, 10:12 PM
This episode was okay. Camerupt ands Swellow's dub voices were atrocious! Camerupt sounded like an ogre and Swellows.....it was just horrible x.x I REALLY hope Ash's doesn't sound like that! Okay I was confused about the Trainers Choice. It said which would be the best to battle a Camerupt and the answer was Nuzleaf?!?!?! wHAT?!?!?! Nuzleaf is weak to Fire!!! Oh and how did James know Vito's name when he didn't even introduce himself? The battling was nice though. I wanted to see Max in action but Corphish just pummled that Marill into a oblivion. Did anyone relise how big the grandma's boobs (http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/322/0150.JPG) were? I'm not trying to be a perve but seriously! It was awesome when May totally owned that Roselia out of Spite...she really is a good trainer (when she has some modivation, a.k.a hating Drew! ^.^o) Oh and at the beginning of the episode when TR was in the desert what Meowth said was Hi-Larious! "I'm sweatin' like a Snorlax in leather pants!" lol! I laughed SO hard! Overall this episode was decent. 7.5/10!

Bayleef
23rd October 2004, 10:45 PM
Okay I was confused about the Trainers Choice. It said which would be the best to battle a Camerupt and the answer was Nuzleaf?!?!?! wHAT?!?!?! Nuzleaf is weak to Fire!!!

That part really confused me too. I even thought about its moves, but it never added up. *Waves WTF flag* I thought that alot of the dub voices in this episode were horrible. especially Swellow's. If that's is how Ash's sounds like, I will puke. I did think that Ash's battle and May's battle with the Winstrates were very good. I liked May's fury to beat the Roselia, she battling very well. I also really enjoyed Ash's battle with Camerupt (Hence my sig pics) though I didn't like the end of the battle. They spoiled it in my opinion with Camerupt going beserk. I would have liked to see the final victor at the end seeing as Camerupt was so powerful. Overall I give the episode an 8/10. ^^

Pokémon Master Josh
28th October 2004, 9:06 AM
I noticed the Grandma's big saggy udders too..!

Camerupt was cool, I made a new shipping- Vivi and Max!

ZTcrazy
28th October 2004, 9:14 AM
This was a very good ep. It was funny and it had lots of battles in it. Good storyline, too. Cool debut for Camerupt, but I thought that the battles were a bit short.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
28th October 2004, 10:35 AM
battles short
swellow sounded drugged up

not as good as the last 2 eps

6/10

Alakazam
28th October 2004, 11:10 AM
Sky Mix isn't showing Pokemon today, *Sigh*.

Well it sounds like a good episode. Hopefully I'll get to see it.

Nara_Shikamaru
28th October 2004, 11:18 AM
heh, I liked Swellow's dub voice, I also like Camerupt's dub voice. I really don't care about the dub voices anyways, its about the content of the episode :O~

Poor Max, getting his heart crushed because of Corphish pummelling Marill till it fainted.

When Pikachu iron-tailed Camerupt's head...man, that thing was ****** o.o;

As for the trainer choices, if you looked at the other choices, which was Magcargo and something else (I can't remember). Anyways, Magcargo has a 4x weakness to Camerupt's part ground type, making Nuzleaf a better choice to battle Camerupt with.

Geodude
28th October 2004, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen this episode but, does anyone agree with me that this would have been a better dub for 'The film's riding on Camerupt!'

Nah, that one'll probably be called "Lights, Camerupt, Action!", especially because of what the episode is all about.

MaskedManAbsolkid
28th October 2004, 1:13 PM
Corphish ruined Max's chances of love, and I think the trainer choice meant that Grass is good against ground.

Factory Head Noland
29th October 2004, 2:16 PM
This episode was cool! That Camerupt was totally awesome when it was chasing everyone, lol. I felt sorry for Pikachu being chased though.
Brock's battle ended too quickly. May's battle was good against Roselia and Max's battle was fast aswell.
Ash battle was going alright until Pikachu Iron Tailed Camerupt in the face and it used Eruption.
Swellow's voice was WEIRD!
The Trainer's Choice was wrong!! Magcargo should have been chosen NOT Nuzleaf!

Cyndaquil
29th October 2004, 2:36 PM
Magcargo shouldn't of as Rock is weak to Ground.

Swellows voice was bad! good ep though Corphish was funny!

Katsuya
29th October 2004, 2:40 PM
I thought the competition woman said "To-GAFF-I".

Max's face when Corphish demolished Marill was priceless.

MayShuufan
29th October 2004, 9:47 PM
The episode was okay and it was really funny when Vivi said to Max "I don't like you anymore" or something like that then a big pink heart appeared in front of Max and broke I burst out laughing.
Ovaral rating
6/10

Solid Kirby
29th October 2004, 9:55 PM
7 outta 10. There were some funny parts, but Also an equal number of flaws. James Knowing Vito's name, The trainer's coice, etc. o.o

Other than that, It's an okay filler. Not the best in the world, but... not the worst.

Abhorsen
29th October 2004, 10:17 PM
8 out of ten....I haven't seen that many episodes....but I've seen worse.

Alakazam
31st October 2004, 1:06 AM
I got to see it! ^_^

Not too bad, I liked this episode. First and only sign of Winstrateshipping, although that didn't last long thanks to Corphish XD. I agree that Swellow's voice was TERRIBLE. I was expecting Vito with green hair, but I sorta imagined him like a 3-D Cooltrainer Sprite in R/S O0.

flixerblixer
1st November 2004, 10:16 PM
Max is so cute when he blushes ... heheh.

marilldude
6th January 2005, 11:19 PM
Ok, this episode wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I don't get why Max chose Corphish when he knew it was violent and he always says how he wants a Treecko. If you haven't figured it out yet, I like Marills, Swellows, and Camerupts aren't that bad either. Overall it was 7/10. Max and the girl w/ the Marill (I forget her name) make a great couple

Geki
30th August 2005, 10:47 PM
I liked this episode, as a filler. I have nothing else to say..

6/10

wobbanut
26th September 2005, 7:29 PM
Too bad things ended so badly for Max and Vivi, they made such a cute little couple. :( I do like Max with the girl from "Gonna Rule the School" better, but Vivi was still cute for him. Too bad she freaked out about her poor little marill getting beaten up.

I liked James in this episode too, it was great how he really wanted to set things straight with Vino and his grandmother. Too bad things went south later, but I always like when Team Rocket is shown in a more positive light. :) The battling in this episode was pretty awesome too.

8/10

ShinyManafi
25th December 2006, 5:02 AM
Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it, the ending was random though was Camerupt using Eruption out of nowhere

Magmarashi
11th January 2007, 9:53 PM
I thought it was funny that there was an episode about that Family from the R/S/E Games.

They did introduce a new Family Member, or, at least let us know who he was. Y'Know? The Son. He was new.

Overall, this episode was pretty boring.

Shift
11th January 2007, 10:09 PM
I liked the episode okay from what I remember. But as for the title, isn't it sad that they had use Camerupt's name as a camera pun in both its episodes? It worked better for the second ep, but not so much for this one. Oh well.

zen_master_dude
11th June 2008, 10:32 AM
LOLZ May flat out destroyed that Roselia's butt! LOL

Nice episode/filler. 7/10

PikaHeart
14th June 2008, 12:28 AM
I like this episode is somewhat funny and cool

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 6:19 AM
Pretty good episode. There were some funny parts and it was a good intro to the family.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 10:51 AM
i enjoyed watching this one it had alot of funny moments, i finally saw the winstrate family outside the R/S/E games.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 2:20 AM
I really like this epi. mainly because you can battle them in game too

Ash-kid
13th January 2010, 11:02 AM
All the battles were just amazing. especially the battle with Camerupt.

And Max with Corphish was very funny...

8/10

Lorde
25th January 2010, 2:05 AM
The Winstrate family actually appearing in the anime took me by surprise. I never thought much of them and I had no idea that they had a soon who was a skilled trainer.

It was funny to see Ash and Co. burning up in the hot sun despite the fact that there are no deserts in Japan and Hoenn was modeled after one of it's islands. Not very consistent. Though of course the Winstrate family takes them into their home. Holding a battle tournament was a little much though :S

I liked that the father's Zigzagoon knew a TM move (Thunderbolt) and that the Granny's Camerupt was the strongest Pokemon. Vito saves the day and all is good :) 7/10

Willow's Tara
4th May 2010, 6:39 AM
I thought it was funny that there was an episode about that Family from the R/S/E Games.

They did introduce a new Family Member, or, at least let us know who he was. Y'Know? The Son. He was new.

Overall, this episode was pretty boring.

Actually alot of people say there's a trainer in Victory road who is their son. I think he had a Swellow too not sure about Alakazam.

Not a bad episode, poor Max someone telling him she hated him.

saar
30th June 2010, 7:50 PM
It was a good tournament. We need some more like these in the show.
Zigzagoon with a ThunderBolt attack was pretty suprising. I haven't seen that before.

Too bad Ash didn't beat Camerupt, and seeing a Swellow here was nice.

KGB13
13th August 2010, 11:14 PM
I liked the way the Winstrate family was portrayed and I enjoyed the battles too.

This was a good episode.

G50
2nd March 2011, 6:30 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Camerupt for the 1st time. It was interesting to see how mad and confused it gets when hit in the head. It was cool to see Max get a chance at battling. Ash, Brock and May's battles with the Winstrates were really cool. Camerupt's Eruption attack looks great. Vivi was very funny when she reacted to her loss to Max. It was cool to see a Zigzagoon with a Thunderbolt attack.

43/100

SuperNintendoMaster64
21st May 2011, 2:20 AM
The episode was good. I didn't feel that it had enough closure though. Especially with Max and Vivi. Way to screw up something perfectly good Corphish >.>. I knew he should have went with Treecko

SuperNintendoMaster64
21st May 2011, 2:35 AM
Ok, this episode wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I don't get why Max chose Corphish when he knew it was violent and he always says how he wants a Treecko. If you haven't figured it out yet, I like Marills, Swellows, and Camerupts aren't that bad either. Overall it was 7/10. Max and the girl w/ the Marill (I forget her name) make a great couple

Her name is Vivi. And yes, I think they're cute too. Too bad 4Kids Entertaiment had to screw it up >.>. Hopefully, we'll see them together in a spin-off episode or something. But one can only dream I'm afraid =(.

Vernikova
22nd June 2012, 1:41 PM
This was an okay episode. I enjoyed seeing the Winstrate family battle Ash & co. for the hell of it. You would think that they would have stronger Pokemon but I guess it's still pretty early on in the series for that kind of stuff. I wish team rocket didn't have to get sent flying at the end of the episode but, predictably, the writers couldn't help themselves. It's a shame really.

7threst
27th September 2012, 9:48 PM
I think they did a really solid job of getting something from in the games and implement it very well in the anime. I loved the whole family and how Vito was secretly still there around. I also enjoyed how that little girl flirted with Max lol. That was hilarious.

AquaMilotic
5th October 2012, 5:25 PM
I think Max x that little girl would be a cute shipping, even though I can't call myself a real supporter of it. And it was nice to see the battles. Aside from that, not much special, 5/10.