PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Pressure! (328)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 2:17 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/328.jpgCheer Pressure!

Meeting up with their old friend and his Plusle & Minun, Ash & Co. find a Pokémon Dojo and they decide to take part in it. However Max senses that things are not quite how they should be...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/328.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2004, 9:27 PM
I saw a lil bit of the Japanese version of this episode and it was great!

It was unfair when the Pokemon in the barrels kept on healing Jessie's Seviper when they used Aromatheropy and Helping Hand.

ZTcrazy
23rd October 2004, 10:06 PM
Cheering Pressure? O.o what a weird dub name...anyway, looks like a cool episode, can't wait to see Plusle and Minun!

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2004, 10:09 PM
Why don't many people like this title? It's a great title! (it's a genius title!!)

ZTcrazy
23rd October 2004, 10:11 PM
Well, I'll probably have to watch the episode to understand the title, I guess.

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2004, 11:07 PM
It's got loads of cheering in it and Pokemon use Aromatheropy and Helping Hand to cheat, its the perfect title.

spacefissure
24th October 2004, 3:37 AM
Well, this seems a little bit bad, but I'll still watch it. You know, I keep imagining myself beating Jessie and James even with the Aromatheropy and Helping Hand, using Manectirc and Mawile.

King Shuckle
24th October 2004, 4:03 AM
Cheer Pressure is a pun for Peer Pressure by the way if anyone coundn't figure it out.

I think this eppy will be cool.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 2:37 PM
This episode and "A Different Kind Of Misty" aren't really that far appart, it's not like the writers to have someone appear in an episode again after such a short time.
Like Duplica was in the 1st series and then appeared again in the 4th (Johto Champions).

Chris
24th October 2004, 3:48 PM
Why don't many people like this title? It's a great title! (it's a genius title!!)
Nobody likes the amount of puns 4Kids keeps dishing out. This title makes sense, but it's a little too corny for my tastes. How I wish that they simply translate episodes like they did back in the first portion of Kanto. :\

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 3:54 PM
I think the pun titles are funny, there are some titles which I don't understand like "I Feel Skitty!" what does it mean?
But titles like "Let Bagons Be Bagons" and "What You Seed Is What You Get" are really creative I think.

Chris
24th October 2004, 3:57 PM
I Feel Skitty! can either be "I Feel Giddy" or "I Feel Pretty." A letter change or two in those particular episodes you mentioned are far from creative. o_o Replace the A's with Y's in the Bagon title and remove the D in Seed and you've got the exact meaning. Not exactly what I'd call creative. :\

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 4:01 PM
I think it is, it's obvious what it's pun is and it's about the episode ("Seed" - Bullet Seed, "Bagons" - Bagon).

ŁańkaŃ
24th October 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, i'm not really convinced about this ep..i really don't care if i see it or not...

Thriller
4th November 2004, 3:48 PM
after seeing "A different Kind of Misty" I can't say Im excited about this episode hearing Plusle and Minuns stupid dub voices. "Purray" "Miymiy"

V Faction
6th November 2004, 3:46 PM
I think I'll like this Episode, if only for a Reoccuring character (2nd one this so far) and the Aromatherapy/Helping Hand tactics.

CyberCubed
6th November 2004, 4:35 PM
I don't see why people need to review an episode before they actually see it. After all that's what this thread is for isn't it? Why are some people going to the episode pictures and saying "This episode was great" in this and many other threads. If you haven't seen the episode yet, I don't know why you're posting comments based on episode pictures and summaries. It gets annoying.

Chris
6th November 2004, 4:51 PM
Oh god..they had Torkoal as a Trainer Choice Pokémon and it sounded HORRIBLE. T__T They made it sound like Barney the Dinosaur!

V Faction
6th November 2004, 4:55 PM
Oh god..they had Torkoal as a Trainer Choice Pokémon and it sounded HORRIBLE. T__T They made it sound like Barney the Dinosaur!

It sounded PERFECT you dunce! Oh man, I'm so glad they gave it a dopey voice. It's great for a slow Pokemon like Torkoal. It even had the nasally sound to it!

slysunshine
6th November 2004, 5:06 PM
Too bad I missed Torkoal's voice. I hope Ash's sounds better. Not that I can complain, I'm just taking your word for it.

Since I had to miss this episode, I just finished reading the episode guide and looking at the pics. Looks like I didn't miss anything that interesting except May with her ribbon, Plusle & Minun, Roselia & Vileplume, and Max and TR appearing to have pretty good roles. I'm probably wrong though.

What did Jessie and James say their names were? (Assuming that they gave fake names in the dub too.)

Bulba the Great!
6th November 2004, 5:08 PM
I dunno, Torkoal's voice... wasn't what I expected. I'm not complaining though, because at least they're getting more creative with dub voices.

I give the episode 7/10, just because it wasn't the best filler episode, especially right after Come What May. The animations wasn't the best, either.

V Faction
What did Jessie and James say their names were? (Assuming that they gave fake names in the dub too.)

Jamester and Jessica.

Chris
Torkoal's not supposed to sound like a dunce. :\ Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"

Musashi gave the name Musashino (in the dub, Jessica). Missed what Kojiro/James named themselves.

V Faction
6th November 2004, 5:11 PM
Torkoal's not supposed to sound like a dunce. :\ Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"

Who cares? This is the perfect voice for an English Torkoal. It's slow, comical, and nasally. Definitely better than "Ko!"

Tamer Zack
6th November 2004, 5:11 PM
As always I miss the Trainer Choice maybe Ash's Torkoal will have that voice and Flannery's Torkoal will have something different?

V Faction
6th November 2004, 5:12 PM
As always I miss the Trainer Choice maybe Ash's Torkoal will have that voice and Flannery's Torkoal will have something different?

One sound clip isn't much to go on, but I doubt they'll be too different.

Space Skitty
6th November 2004, 5:13 PM
This episode was pretty good. TR actually had important roles in this one. Pikachu was also feisty in the battle against Seviper. Max continuing to be sneaky. XD!

And Jessie just used "Jessica" as her name in "Come What May." I don't believe the gang STILL feel for it. But I guess if they didn't, it wouldn't be an episode.

slysunshine
6th November 2004, 5:13 PM
Oh, ok. Jessica can be expected, but Jamester? XD

Houndoom Master
6th November 2004, 5:23 PM
Yeah, Jamester is weird. Jessie basically stomped his foot when he was about to say "James" and 'ster' was the first thing that popped into his head. Now, back on topic. I liked this episode a lot! TR almost won, and if it weren't for Plusle and Minun, would've. The name actually made sense instead of being some stupid pun that bareley related to the episode. The Trainer's Choice was stupid, because Tailow and Torkoal could both win against Shiftry, and Torkoal would do no better than Tailow. Although the end was overly-moralish for me, I still liked it. I give it 7/10!

Heracross
6th November 2004, 5:26 PM
Well this episodw was pretty good. I was surprised to see Thatcher again. I guess if I had been paying attention I could'va guessed he'd be in it because of Plusle and Minun, but oh well. Pretty original plot, and this is already the second time they brought back a filler character in another episode. Very good sign. I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry. The music was pretty good in this episode, 4Kids seems to be getting better about it. Let's just hope they keep that trend going. I also thought Brock was pretty funny, he seems to be even more humorous than usual lately, although I don't know why. Not much else to say I guess, pretty solid filler ep.

CyberCubed
6th November 2004, 5:32 PM
"Cheer Pressure" was pretty average, nothing too exciting. The best part was seeing Brock battling again with Foretress, he needs to battle more often.

So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.

Overall not much to say on the second episode, a filler that didn't introduce any new pokemon either.

V Faction
6th November 2004, 5:34 PM
I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry.

The TC always asks for the best choice. In this case, Torkoal is a lot more beneficial to use because of its insane power. Taillow could have a decent chance, but in this situation Torkoal is completely prefered. It's the same deal with the TC that happened a while ago, that chose Dewgong.

V Faction
6th November 2004, 5:36 PM
So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.

It's probably just her stage name for Contests. I suppose it reflects a more professional state. Another good example would be if someone wanted to be called "William" instead of maybe "Billy".

Togemon
6th November 2004, 5:40 PM
Was this just in my area, or did they show the "Who's that Pokemon!" again?

I really didn't like this episode too much, I know Ash & Co aren't the smartest, but come on! And I have to agree with what Jessie said, I wanted to smack Ash for that "Friendship" line. I give it a 5/10. And Torkaol's voice sounds like it should be the voice of Yurtle the Turtle from Dr. Suess. I just... don't like it.

CyberCubed
6th November 2004, 5:46 PM
Torkoals voice sounds great to me. I agree with V faction.

Then again Ash's may sound different, so you never know...

PDL
6th November 2004, 5:51 PM
Torkoal did sound a little different from what I was expecting... but it wasn't too far of, I was expecting it to sound like Shuckle...

but what do you guys think of the actual episode?

well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...

Sharpshooter
6th November 2004, 5:51 PM
Nobody likes the amount of puns 4Kids keeps dishing out. This title makes sense, but it's a little too corny for my tastes. How I wish that they simply translate episodes like they did back in the first portion of Kanto. :\

Correct, for example "Showdown in Pewter City" "The Challange of The Samurai" "Water Flowers of Cerulean City", simple but yet effective titles, they're much more striking to the common viewer :P

Radical Edward
6th November 2004, 5:55 PM
Hey, Im watching this episode right now!mystic<_< >_>

Pika Hikari KT
6th November 2004, 6:01 PM
Maybe it has to do with the old episodes being shown this past week...Oh well. Plusle, Minun, and Pikachu were SO CUTE in their scenes together!(Why didn't they show Pichu more often in Johto?!:p) No attack mixups this time around--Max actually got the info right!(Vileplume and Roselia are the only Pokémon to learn Aromatherapy naturally. The effect of the move was right on as well; as it erased the Paralysis that Pikachu's Thunderbolt caused on Seviper every time!) Makuhita and Shroomish with Helping Hand was a nice twist; as most people probably assumed Plusle and Minun to be using it.;) I noticed that Jesse's being called Jessica more often now...Makes you think of that moment in 'Pokémon Shipwreck'; doesn't it?:p Overall; an alright filler, 7/10.

V Faction
6th November 2004, 6:04 PM
well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...

They sure can. That was one of the points of this episode, to show that these helpful attacks can be branched to Pokemon other than just the signature learners. Shroomish may seem a little weird with it, but when you look at Breloom it makes sense.

Gravy
6th November 2004, 6:05 PM
Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"
I thought it did? Although I haven't actually seen Ash's Torkoal yet, just Flannery's, and that had a somewhat low sounding voice from what I can remember.
Meh, I wouldn't expect them to keep too many of the japanese voices anyways, considering the likes of Zangoose and Nosepass don't retain theirs~

Definitely better than "Ko!"
Meh, well, you can't really compare until you've listened to both. Which is what I plan on doing...just 3 or so weeks until I can do so as all. *folds arms and waits*

V Faction
6th November 2004, 6:08 PM
Meh, well, you can't really compare until you've listened to both. Which is what I plan on doing...just 3 or so weeks until I can do so as all. *folds arms and waits*

True true. I was more or less just taking a shot at the naysayers (or naysayer).

Togemon
6th November 2004, 6:10 PM
I doubt it happened, so I'm just checkin, did James really say he was a cheerleader in the original?

Chris
6th November 2004, 6:24 PM
For those totally unaware, Musashi/Jessie are using stage names to avoid anyone recognizing their real identities.

pokeplayer984
6th November 2004, 6:51 PM
I myself found it a bit strange when the so called "Cheering Teacher" said that his cheering would makes it and so that NO ONE loses. I had a feeling something was up.

I can understand the names that Jessie and James picked. They had to come up with something off the top of their heads, and you don't do too well with that sometimes. :)

We also got to see the Amroatherapy attack. Intresting how it's a pink-like Sleep powder.

This was a decent ep in the end.

7/10! I would take time to watch it again. :)

Also, I kinda like Torkoal's new voice. It does suit the dub version. :)

slysunshine
6th November 2004, 7:31 PM

Well, James called her Jessica back in season 1 I think. :D

And I think Jamester is a cute and funny name. That probably would've been one of my favorite parts. ^_^

Silver Ryu
6th November 2004, 7:37 PM
We also got to see the Amroatherapy attack. Intresting how it's a pink-like Sleep powder.

Are you colorblind or something? The Aromatherapy attack was GREEN! G-R-E-E-N!

Nice episode, but did those people really think that cheering could restore a Pokemon's health? Gosh, they're gullable! Torkoal's voice was AWFUL! It sounded like Mr. Crocker from Fairly Odd Parents! 0_o

7/10.

NOW FOR DA SMILIE PICTURE! (gee, I should do these more often!)
.........................__________
....................... ;045; ;315;
.........................__________

pokeplayer984
6th November 2004, 10:34 PM
Are you colorblind or something? The Aromatherapy attack was GREEN! G-R-E-E-N!

Really? Hmm... I'm gonna have to watch it again. I sometimes get mixed up with these different powder like attacks. :(

I'll check back later. :)

Kamex
6th November 2004, 11:24 PM
after seeing "A different Kind of Misty" I can't say Im excited about this episode hearing Plusle and Minuns stupid dub voices. "Purray" "Miymiy"
Those aren't dub voices, they kept the originals.

All this fuss about Jessie's name is kinda weird to me, because all this time I thought Jessie's real full name was Jessica. I heard that named used by James in "Pokemon Shipwreck", and other times, too. Also, in the beggining of that same episode, when Officer Jenny was on that boat, she was saying a goodbye to, I believe, "Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessica, and James".

The trainers' choice was kinda weird, too. If you were only going by type, you could say Taillow was as good a choice as Torkoal.

That guy that led the cheering squad was funny, especially when he quickly said "aromatherapy", and "helping hand" to keep reviving Seviper. But when he ran away after his scheme was ruined, I didn't expect everyone to let him go without returning the money.

Also liked the return of Thatcher and his Plusle and Minun, although it was rather quick.

By the way, WaterMaster#1, I noticed the "Who's that Pokemon?" thing, too. If they're going to start that up again, they should make them new.

I give this episode an 8/10.

Chris
6th November 2004, 11:52 PM
Blame 4Kids for not coming up with a different name for Jessie to use for her competitions. All Musashi had to do was add 'no' at the end of her name. It's somewhat the same in the dub, but they don't remember the things they do more than a few months ago.

El Ludicolo, Plusle and Minun BOTH kept their original voices. o_O

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th November 2004, 11:59 PM
This was a pretty good episode. I thought they'd've remembered Jessica from the contest. And, besides, don't they recognize Team Rocket's Poke'mon? It would've been one thing if ONE of them had a TR Poke'mon, but both of them?!? OMG..............

Overall rating:
6.3 out of 10!
Not one of the better fillers, but still above Johto quality!!

Thriller
7th November 2004, 12:21 AM
A coolio show. Plusle and Minun did a much better job then their last appearance. Yay, we saw Foretress today! Seviper kept making its stupid purr sound again. SNAKES DONT PURR! Since I missed the first half of Come What May, the Jigglypuff WTP was a suprise. I hope KWB doesnt go back to that junk. Torkoals voice in the trainers choice made me sad. I hope it will sound different when we see it again.

The Big Al
7th November 2004, 12:32 AM
Today's lesson, if it sounds too good to be true, it frickin' is.

James a cheerleader, bad thoughts, dirty thoughts, get out of my head.

I think the who's that Pokemon was a fluke. I can't imagine they did that on purpose.

Robert
7th November 2004, 1:53 AM
This episode can't hold a candle to "Come What May!" (which was remarkable). There wasn't much in the way of action or humor (except James being a cheerleader XD). Someone with blue hair named Jamester uses a Cacnea and someone with purple hair named Jessica (as in the last episode) uses a Seviper... It's never been more obvious than that as far as TR's disguises go. Also, it seemed very obvious that attacks were coming out of the drums. There wasn't too much wrong with the episode, but nothing really right.

(Note: Torkal's voice sounded good to me)

flixerblixer
7th November 2004, 4:01 AM
I liked this episode, mainly because of the fact that Max is actually doing something other than examine a battle or contest.

Anyhow, I liked this episode even though there were flaws. The disguises were really stupid and how obvious they were. Oh, and Jessie's hair is red.

Pokemon Fan
7th November 2004, 5:57 PM
A coolio show. Plusle and Minun did a much better job then their last appearance. Yay, we saw Foretress today! Seviper kept making its stupid purr sound again. SNAKES DONT PURR!
Oh come on, Seviper's cute "blooping purrs" are one of the best things about it. There aren't many pokemon that have two distinct ways of using their voices, while Seviper does in both the original and the dub.

Oh, and yes real snakes don't purr. But real snakes don't have venonous blades on their tails or can hear airborn sounds either, so Seviper's voice is fine. ^_^

Yellow
8th November 2004, 3:01 AM
I didn't like this episode. There was really no story line and it was very boring. It reminded me of a Johto Filler. Torkoal's dub voice was very bad too. I really hope Ash's doesn't sound stupid.

wobbanut
8th November 2004, 9:21 PM
What really ticks me off about this episode, even though it was good in so many ways (especially James beating Brock!!!), is when I compare the cheering teacher to Anthony from "You Said a Mouthful". After thinking about the episode for the last 24 hours (Chicago runs new episodes on Sundays), I still can't get what on earth the guy was doing that was so wrong. I mean, sure, Seviper kept getting revived more often than it should have (I'm not getting into Cacnea, since she only needed one revive), but don't trainers do something similar with potions? Seviper wasn't even technically knocked out until the very end, when the scheme was uncovered. I just don't get what it was that was so wrong. Sure, Pikachu could have used the boost too, and then it would have been fair, but what's so wrong about getting in some added experience?

Now, when I compare this guy to Anthony, the guy with the "multi-talented" pelliper from last season, I still say Anthony was the bigger jerk and cheater, and should have been the one to pay for his cheating, not this guy.

Psychic Venusaur
9th November 2004, 2:01 AM
What really ticks me off about this episode, even though it was good in so many ways (especially James beating Brock!!!), is when I compare the cheering teacher to Anthony from "You Said a Mouthful". After thinking about the episode for the last 24 hours (Chicago runs new episodes on Sundays), I still can't get what on earth the guy was doing that was so wrong. I mean, sure, Seviper kept getting revived more often than it should have (I'm not getting into Cacnea, since she only needed one revive), but don't trainers do something similar with potions? Seviper wasn't even technically knocked out until the very end, when the scheme was uncovered. I just don't get what it was that was so wrong. Sure, Pikachu could have used the boost too, and then it would have been fair, but what's so wrong about getting in some added experience?

Now, when I compare this guy to Anthony, the guy with the "multi-talented" pelliper from last season, I still say Anthony was the bigger jerk and cheater, and should have been the one to pay for his cheating, not this guy.

What makes you think Cacnea is female? Anyway, it seemed a lot like cheating to me. And people don't use potions in the middle of a battle in the anime. I also think that Anthony was a much better person than this swindler. He didn't run off with other people's money like this guy did, and he actually admitted that what he was doing was wrong. He seemed like a pretty decent guy to me.

I thought this episode was o.k., but I didn't enjoy it as much as other fillers. I liked "Come What May" more than this episode. 7/10

Cyclone
9th November 2004, 3:28 AM
Was this just in my area, or did they show the "Who's that Pokemon!" again?

Yes, i noticed that too!!

As soon as the theme song ended, it went "Whos that Pokemon?" And it showed the silhouette of a Jigglypuff, and the odd thing was...it was the old version of "Who's that Pokemon", like in the first season! It had the red background and everything.

Not only that, but right before the episode started, KidsWB played the Pokerap! But instead of rapping the names of Kanto Pokemon, the names of Hoenn Pokemon were featured! It was the EXACT SAME melody and instruments, just different lyrics!

Isn't that weird? Both of these happenings made me feel very nostalgic. O.o

Tamer Zack
11th November 2004, 5:56 AM
I didn't like this episode. There was really no story line and it was very boring. It reminded me of a Johto Filler. Torkoal's dub voice was very bad too. I really hope Ash's doesn't sound stupid.

Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.

Geodude
11th November 2004, 7:17 AM

Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.

Pokemon Fan
12th November 2004, 6:48 PM
Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.
That doesn't change much, since Ash's Pokemon almost always have different (and better) voices than previously introduced members of their species. Though I for one thought Torkoal's vocie was fairly fitting, I'll have to see how well it is used in turns of differing tones and as a battle cry etc.

PDL
12th November 2004, 9:42 PM
Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.

to true... I was thinking about the anatomy of a pokemon battle through out the episode... to have a legal pokemon battle, there needs to be certain number of participants

usually, there needs to be 2 trainers facing each other, though in double battles, there can be up to 4.

the number of pokemon to trainer can vary with what sort of battle your having, but it's usually one pokemon verses one pokemon, though in double battles, it's 2 on 2...

and there needs to be a referee to determine who can no longer battle and declare a winner.

however, outside interferce that gives one side an unfair advantage is against the rules.

Phantom_Bugsy
13th November 2004, 1:03 AM
Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita. :D

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>

Jonouchi
13th November 2004, 1:55 AM
Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita. :D

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>

yeah, but he lied to them. he kept it secret so he can get their money and said that cheering can easily help Pokemon without Helping Hand or Aromatherapy

The Big Al
13th November 2004, 2:56 AM
You got to admit, it was underhanded on Sheridians part.

However, neither Helping Hand nor Aeromatherapy heal physical damages to the Pokemon. Seviper would have been fried after at least three bolts even with the cheating. The Pokemon in the drums would have certainly been wore out.

~*Aurora Wish*~
21st November 2004, 7:19 AM
This episode rocks!!! I especially like the part where Pikachu kept attacking Seviper, and then the Helping Hands and the Aromatherapy...I mean, it was so funny!

Sharpshooter
22nd November 2004, 4:26 PM
I enjoyed Team Rockets antics, shame Max had to bugger it up but Team Rocket never win I guess so *shrugs*. It still was enjoyable despite that, just goes to show how powerful Ash's Pikachu has become over the years.

Torkoal Stu
27th November 2004, 11:37 AM
i loved this ep because pluse and minun ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! minun is one of my favorite pokemon. ;352;

Factory Head Noland
28th November 2004, 12:24 AM
I was very VERY annoyed that when Plusle and Minun use Helping Hand on Pikachu the Advanced Adventure tune didn't come on! Even though it did in the Japanese ep!
It just.....SUX!!

Jesse GS the II
5th May 2005, 9:53 PM
This is one of those episodes that starts out kinda slow, then picks up a little in the end. Sheridan's reaction when Max reveals his scam was priceless. However, aside from that, the episode just felt kind of...meh. I mean, it's pretty much set entirely in one place, nearly the entire episode is spent on the slow execution of Jessie and James' plan, which isn't particularly clever to begin with, and the animation wasn't all that great most of the time. Plus, there were quite a few plot holes - don't you think someone would have noticed the attacks coming from the drums? And I don't know about Ash, but I would have gotten suspicious of trainers named Jamester and Jessica who are respectively armed with a Cacnea and a Seviper. I haven't seen "A Different Kind of Misty", but I hope it was better than this episode - just a lot of mediocrity all around.

xyzman123
6th May 2005, 2:55 AM
I like this episode. I like episodes where people make second appearances.

Kanadian Kyuubi
6th May 2005, 12:48 PM
Somebody made an avatar of the strange disquise Max wore yet? He looked so cute in it you know. Episode was good, they even kept Plusle and Minun's original voices (pura?! Mimey!).

Geki
30th August 2005, 10:39 PM
Pretty cool filler, I liked seeing that kid from ''A Different Kind of Misty'' again. Plusle and Minun were cool in this episode, they were better portrayed then in Destiny Deoxys.

7/10

ShinyManafi
25th December 2006, 3:55 AM
Kind of a boring filler, the cheering was a bad way of cheating-_-

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 7:52 AM
I do not like the character with his Plusle and Minun. But this episode wasn't that bad.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 2:28 PM
oh yeah plusle and minum i remember those two, those are the most brilliant couple in the series if you ask me:P

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 4:32 PM
It was a great episode,
Plusle and minum are so cute together

shadowkami
11th March 2009, 4:33 PM
It was Ugh. I was rather confused by who Thatcher was for a second. I didn't care for the cheering concept but it was nice nonetheless.

danparker
5th August 2009, 3:47 AM
I remember this episode from 4 years ago. It was really cool. I liked the cheerleaders in this episode. And Thacher was really good, too.

Ash-kid
7th December 2009, 6:05 PM
Great episode, i loved that Thacher returned.
And the battle with Seviper was great, although it was little fake.

Lorde
25th January 2010, 5:31 AM
Title is a pun on Peer Pressure apparently, and it works. I don't know why a random COTD returned to be the star though.

Though I'm glad that Plusle and Minun got a good chance to redeem themselves after their last horrible episode. I loved that Jessie and Seviper got the action and screentime they deserved and that the battle was, for the most part, enjoyable.

It was too bad that the whole thing was a set up and that Seviper was receiving aid from a Makuhita and Roselia.....cheaters, the lot of them! 3/10

saar
6th July 2010, 12:34 PM
Thacher- loved his style, but he shouldn't have joined to the cheering group. I'm happy Max discovered the deception.:)

KGB13
9th August 2010, 6:49 AM
Ugh...I didn't like the first episode Thatcher, Plusle, and Minun were in, and I didn't very much care for this one either. The terrible animation only made it worse.

Bad episode...

G50
2nd March 2011, 10:39 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool having Plusle and Minun back. There was definitely alot of cheating going on in the TR vs the gang battles, reviving their Pokemon when that's illegal in that way. I'm glad they figured out the truth and ended the scam, even though it was easy to tell within the 1st couple minutes what was going on. It was cool to see how Aromatherapy and Helping Hand attacks work.

37/100

TheEpicGoomba
26th June 2011, 12:08 PM
This episode wasn't that bad. It was cool to see Plusle and Minun again. Don't really remeber much else.

CliveKoopa
10th September 2011, 12:14 PM
It was weird how Jessie assumed that Ash would use Pikachu against Seviper during her fantasy. What if Ash had instead used a different pokemon?

Vernikova
27th June 2012, 1:57 PM
Another bad episode. Thatcher isn't interesting at all. In fact, his sister, who received less screen time in their debut episode is more interesting than him. Max has already become the annoying character that I remembered him being when I last watched AG years ago and now I can see why: he's an annoying little kid. Even more so than the other protagonists. I really wasn't interested in this episode due to the characters really. Everyone was just pretty dull.

7threst
28th September 2012, 1:30 PM
This episode was alright in a way. It was nice to see Plusle and Minun again and Thatcher too, but otherwise, this episode was one of those Team Rocket plans that took a entire episode and invetiably ended up with them being blasted away by Pikachu.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 1:35 AM
Not much to say here... Plusle and Minun were kinda cute, but that's pretty much it for me... And I didn't mind Brock's flirtiness. And I liked seeing attacks like Helping Hand too. It was nice how Max revealed the betrayal, the idea of that kind of unfair way to win felt funny. 6/10.

PokemontrainerY
29th November 2013, 9:16 AM
This was an OK episode, but nothing spacial. It's good to see Thatcher again, his Plusle and Minun appearance were much better in this episode than they were in their debut episode.

I didn't like how Sheridan was cheating by cheering......no, not by cheering, but by commanding his Pokémon for help Jessie win her battle against Ash. Max did a good job by revealing Sherdian's Roselia and Vileplume, but I think it'd be better if Brock revealed the Pokémon instead of Max. Team Rocket, as usual, got blasted off in this episode too.

I didn't like this episode's dub title, I don't get why 4kids likes make the English dub titles full of puns instead of making simple dub titles like they did in the early Kanto episodes.