PDA

View Full Version : Fight For The Meteorite (330)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 2:20 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/330.jpgFight For The Meteorite!

Out at Mt. Chimney, Ash meets up with Professor Cozmo to find that Teams Magma & Aqua are at the Mountain searching for Groudon...and to make matters worse they stole a Meteorite. Will Ash get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/330.shtml)

Discuss

luckyharison
25th October 2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/330.jpgOnce More, Team Aqua VS Team Magma! Mt. Chimney Battle!

Out at Mt. Chimney, Ash meets up with Professor Cozmo to find that Teams Magma & Aqua are at the Mountain searching for Groudon...and to make matters worse they stole a Meteorite. Will Ash get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/330.shtml)

Discuss
Yes I think ash will get it back because for as long as I known him he always did it right

PDL
13th November 2004, 3:33 PM
NOOOO!! the metorite fell into the lava D:

plus I think they messed up the names of the Aqua and Magma commanders... I think...

CyberCubed
13th November 2004, 3:40 PM
Did the two commanders get name changes? The guy is suppost to be called Harlen, what was his name in this ep? Shelly was a different name for her as well.

Overall good episode, but a bit anticlimatic. Also we got a Walerin debut!

It was nice to see Magma members actually trying to do some fighting themselves, I'm glad they don't just let their pokemon fight.

I also liked the space stuff, was this a semi-preview to the 7th movie? Especially the way they explained the meteorites.

V Faction
13th November 2004, 3:42 PM
I have to say, for a Non-Filler Episode, this eppy was pretty tame.

-My biggest concern: Did... did they change the Commander's names? I heard Shelly for Team Aqua and what sounded like Tabitha for Team Magma. Anyone with "A Three Team Scheme" handy, could you check what was originally used for their Titles? I swear I remember it as "Harland" for our Magma Male.
EDIT: Cyber got to it first!

-That whole talk about Meteors and Asteroids.. I don't know too much, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the same. The way the dialogue went, it sounded as if Cosmo was explicitly saying that Meteorites are from burned up Asteroids. I wonder how much research was done.

-Near the end, Cosmo says "Follow this bumpy path..." Err, that's the Jagged Pass guys, let's just say it.

-Glad to see Air Cutter.

-Walrein's got an average voice. Sealeo's is more comical and appealing.

Heracross
13th November 2004, 3:44 PM
I thought I noticed them messing up the names too. Anyway, I thought this was a very good episode. The plot was exciting and very original. I liked how Ash had to stop Team Magma by himself while the others were trapped in the cable car. Truly suspenseful stuff. TR's tour guide routine was really funny too.

Jessie: And if you look over here you'll see.... a helicopter painted red.
Max: I didn't need a tour guide to figure that out.
Jessie: rotten kid... Now lets take a look at these rocks over here!

PDL
13th November 2004, 3:48 PM
if I remember correctly, in "A three Team Scheme" they were named "Harland" and "Isabelle" while in this episode, they were named "Tabatha" (isn't that a girl's name?) and Shelly

odd...

Lindsay
13th November 2004, 3:48 PM
Soooo this episode was obviously based on the happenings at Mt. Chimney in the games and it brought the much needed return of some REAL villians! Magma stole the show despite Aqua also being there.

The story was abit changed though since in the games ya visit Meteor Falls before this but that's okay. Prof. Cosmo was much cool and not a nerd like other professors. He had a great little speech about outer space, tackled the Magma team leader, and pushed the machine into the lava. Much cool.

Also it was cute how Ash was curious about the meteorite and space to. Usually he just has POKéMON on his mind so this was a refreshing difference.

A downside would have to be May & the others getting the shaft. Missing out on the adventure stuck in the gondola bites. :(

An upside is that for once Team Idiot didn't interfere with A & M.

4 / 5

Good stuff!

Tamer Zack
13th November 2004, 3:52 PM
Harland is the Team Magma field commander name not Tabitha. As for Shelly her name is Isabel don't know why they mess up there names.

PDL
13th November 2004, 3:55 PM
actually, if I also remember correctly, he was called "Tabatha" in the games as well... even though I still think it doesn't suit him...

CyberCubed
13th November 2004, 3:57 PM
In "A three team scheme" their names were Harlen and Isabel. Maybe in this episode they used nicknames, as only the commanders called each other by name?

V Faction
13th November 2004, 3:59 PM
Alright, thanks. Simple solution? Combine them! "Field Commander Tabitha Harland" and "Tactical Officer Isabel Shelly"!

Railith
13th November 2004, 4:03 PM
I've always like the episodes that actually show stuff that happens in the game. I've always kinda had a problem that Team Magma dosen't use fire pokemon as often as they should but it's understandable when your enemys use water pokemon. Ash is alot more likable when he acutally has a good idea like in this episode good stuff.

Indigo
13th November 2004, 4:32 PM
I think Tabitha might be a pet name...

Personally I think Shelly works better than Isabelle...but they are screwing up the names. Did you even SEE the Hoenn rap before the ep? They called Solrock "Solrocks" and Anorith "Anoth"!

Anyway...

I'm glad we got an all-Ash adventure. Once in a blue moon, those are pretty nice to have. But had they not cut back to the comic relief, I'd have been unimpressed.

My God, Jessie was impressed at Ash's rope-climbing skills! Is it just me, or do the dubbers like to sneak in shippy hints like they used to? This episode wasn't the only slightly shippy one...

I liked Cozmo. He was brave, not a trait we see very often in a professor, no? The look on his face when he dropped that mechanism into the lava was just perfect.

I laughed at the "rotten kid" comment made by Jessie. I'm really starting to get comfortable with the chemistry on the show now, to the point where I'm almost happy they got rid of Misty.

If they keep this up, they've got one happy viewer!

8/10 for this nicely comedic, yet kinda screwy episode.

Kyo Sohma
13th November 2004, 4:37 PM
I liked this episode.It was funny.I also liked it when Meowth said "Do you have any bad guy pride." and Team Rocket said "No,not a thread."I lalso liked Team Magma and Team Aqua.I lik that there real villains.Oh, and is it just me or does Commmander Shelly sound like the new Mai voice?Anyways,I give it a 8/10.

Raize
13th November 2004, 4:37 PM
Good Episode I liked it a lot Walrein was good but the Air Cutter got them down and we got to see Mightyena and Crawdaunt again It was funny too I liked meeting that Cosmo guy or whatever his name was I liked this episode a lot very good!

Jessie,James and Mewoth looking at sandwiches Brock brought
Max:I guess we could share?"
Mewoth:whaa we are the bad guys we don't need your food Hey Jessie James don't you have any bad guy pride
Jessie and James:Nope not a shred *eats*

That was very funny but I mainly forgot what they said something like that is all I know..

Darn Dragonite got to it first ^^

Achamo-chan
13th November 2004, 4:42 PM
Great episode. Having just Ash in Mount Chimney was nice, and always cutting back over to the comic relief in the cable car was ok... as for the names, Tabitha and Shelly are actually the game names for Harland and Isabel, so I guess they were correcting that. The 'rotten kid' line was funny... That's all I have to say right now. 9/10.

Indigo
13th November 2004, 5:27 PM
I think you guys might be interested to know that Tabitha cannot be a boy's name. I looked it up, and there is no boy name in existence that is Tabitha. It is a girl's name, yes, but not a boy's.

I'll go what I said before; it might be a pet name, but can anyone get us clarification on this?

PDL
13th November 2004, 6:29 PM
I really liked how each Team Magma and Team Aqua have their own theme music scores :D

Yellow
13th November 2004, 6:33 PM
I liked this episode. Team Aqua and Team Magma were cool, but weren't Shelly and the Magma commander's name different from in the episode A Three Team Scheme?

slysunshine
13th November 2004, 6:58 PM
This was a surprisingly great episode. (Surprising only because I had no idea what it was about and it's only been a week since the amazing contest episode.)

As much as I don't care for Team Aqua and Magma, it was great to see them return. I'm starting to think Harland (I'm still calling him that) is pretty cool.

I LOVED how they had the group and Team Rocket trapped in the cable car together. It's great when they're stuck in situations together and they don't battle. Also the May and Max hug was very sweet!

Pretty exciting episode I think. :D

I'll give it...8.9/10.

Dogasu
13th November 2004, 7:34 PM
Here's what happened:

In Japan, the field commanders are known as Homura (the Team Magma guy) and Izumi (the Team Aqua girl). They are known by these names in both the video games and the anime.

In the American video games (Ruby/Sapphire), Homura's name was changed to Tabitha, while Izumi's name was changed to Shelly.

In the American anime episode "A Three Team Scheme," Homura was changed to Harland while Izumi was changed to Isabelle.

So, as you see, it's the same sort of thing that happened with Prima/Lorelei in the Orange Islands.

So, in regards to "Fight for the Meteorite," it looks like 4Kids went back and decided to call them by the names they were called in the American video games to keep them consistent. I guess that, when they dubbed "A Three Team Scheme," they didn't know that the two field commanders had been given names in the video games, so they came up with their own. I guess that between then and now, they realized their mistake, so they're trying to make up for it by changing their names back.

Personally, I think it's too little too late, but whatever. What's done is done, and it seems that these will be the names that they'll be known as for the rest of the series.

^^NICK^^
13th November 2004, 8:21 PM
I thought it was okay. It was the first [alsmot] full episode I've seen in a very long while, and the first one from this season. I fell asleep on some parts though.

Space Skitty
13th November 2004, 8:37 PM
This was a nice episode. Prof Cosmo was pretty cool for just A professor. I found his talk about space interesting. I thought TR ating like guides was also funny. And who couldn't think it was sweet when May & Max hugged? I sure thought it was! ^^

CyberCubed
14th November 2004, 12:21 AM
Here's what happened:

In Japan, the field commanders are known as Homura (the Team Magma guy) and Izumi (the Team Aqua girl). They are known by these names in both the video games and the anime.

In the American video games (Ruby/Sapphire), Homura's name was changed to Tabitha, while Izumi's name was changed to Shelly.

In the American anime episode "A Three Team Scheme," Homura was changed to Harland while Izumi was changed to Isabelle.

So, as you see, it's the same sort of thing that happened with Prima/Lorelei in the Orange Islands.

So, in regards to "Fight for the Meteorite," it looks like 4Kids went back and decided to call them by the names they were called in the American video games to keep them consistent. I guess that, when they dubbed "A Three Team Scheme," they didn't know that the two field commanders had been given names in the video games, so they came up with their own. I guess that between then and now, they realized their mistake, so they're trying to make up for it by changing their names back.

Personally, I think it's too little too late, but whatever. What's done is done, and it seems that these will be the names that they'll be known as for the rest of the series.

Thanks for the info. I'd actually prefer it if they kept their own dub names now. Harlen is a much better name than Tabitha, as is Isabel really.

Kamex
14th November 2004, 12:46 AM
I liked this episode.It was funny.I also liked it when Meowth said "Do you have any bad guy pride." and Team Rocket said "No,not a thread."I lalso liked Team Magma and Team Aqua.I lik that there real villains.Oh, and is it just me or does Commmander Shelly sound like the new Mai voice?Anyways,I give it a 8/10.
I noticed that voice thing, too.

Why would they name that guy Tabitha?

I liked this episode quite a bit. It was really interesting.

Team Rocket in the cable car as tour guides was funny. I always like seeing Teams Aqua and Magma and their rivalry. It'll be great when we get to see the team leaders in the dub.

Professor Cozmo, Walrein, Air Cutter, and the meteorite were all cool, too.
It was also funny at the end of the show to see Teams Aqua and Magma happy that they at least foiled eachothers plan. :D

Edit: Oops, forgot to rate it... 9/10.

Swellow
14th November 2004, 12:57 AM
Doesn't air here until Tommorrow at 8 but I'll just deal with It, Things could be worse off

Indigo
14th November 2004, 1:14 AM
Here's what happened:

Thanks for the clarification, Dogasu.

But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...

Heracross
14th November 2004, 1:22 AM
Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.

V Faction
14th November 2004, 1:26 AM
Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.

I checked a GameFAQs guide to make sure and it's true. See for yourself.

Heracross
14th November 2004, 1:38 AM
I guess I stand corrected. Still, I find it odd that they would name a serious Team Magma agent Tabitha of all things. -_-; Anyway, I think 4Kids should have just stuck with the original dub names they gave them. Sure, some people would have been confused that they changed them from the game, but it's not like that hasn't happened before. And besides, changing their names randomly during the show caused more confusion that the initial change ever did.

Swellow
14th November 2004, 1:40 AM
Only Ones I know of Are Maxie and Archie lol

PDL
14th November 2004, 1:41 AM
I suppose they could be last names or nicknames... though Tabitha's still an odd name... I suppose that it was a goof-up of the game names... the male Team Magma Admin does look a little female...

Gravy
14th November 2004, 1:42 AM
But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...
Well, I'd assume so anyways. I do remember there being a few name screw-ups here and there in the Pokémon Contests, one of which being an (evil, evil) Kirlia that went by the name of 'Shedja' (clearly a nickname for a Shedinja). So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more little mess-ups here and there.

Personally, I prefer their dub names anyway. And they do seem to be similar to the originals eg. Izumi ~ Issabelle.

V Faction
14th November 2004, 1:51 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. The names Harland and Isabel just sound so much more... imposing. Shelly sounds more suited for a young girl as a name when "Isabel" is clearly mature. And we've already gone through the Tabitha Male/Female thing.

A thing I honestly would like to see, but know would never happen, is a re-dubbing of "A Three Team Scheme" to use the now Official commander names.

Hales
14th November 2004, 1:54 AM
So what was the reaction of Prof. Cosmo when he collided into Ash?

CyberCubed
14th November 2004, 3:01 AM
Let's hope they get Maxies and Archies names right the first time. :p

Pika Hikari KT
14th November 2004, 3:23 AM
I had a feeling I wouldn't be liking this eppie...I was SO right!>_<; The only highlight for me was Prof. Cosmo. He was pretty cool, unlike the 2 previous science nerds(Seymore, and the guy obsessed with UFOs and aliens). As much as I hate Science; I love anything space-related, so I liked the meteor->meteorite lesson. Other than that, this eppie was pretty boring...Not even the Aqua vs. Magma battles saved this one: 4/10

Dogasu
14th November 2004, 3:51 AM
I guess I stand corrected. Still, I find it odd that they would name a serious Team Magma agent Tabitha of all things. -_-;

Hey, "Maxie" and "Archie" aren't exactly intimidating names either...

PDL
14th November 2004, 3:57 AM
maybe Tabitha was named that out of cruelty of his dad or mom... much like that song "A boy named Sue" or something... no wonder he joined up with an evil team

Robert
14th November 2004, 2:38 PM
It was a good episode. There was some action, and the humor was good. Also, it was great to see May and Max holding each other for support. :) I found it unrealistic that Ash would actually try to climb the rope, but hey, he's him.

Psychic Venusaur
15th November 2004, 12:42 AM
I liked this episode, like I do most episode's involving Team Magma and/or Aqua

The two Magma administrators are Tabitha & Courtney. I always thought that they were both girls, because Tabitha didn't look too much like a guy or a girl to me, but was named Tabitha, clearly a female name. They name the male Aqua admin. Matt and the male Magma admin. Tabitha? At leat now I know there's a male Magma Administrator, instead of two females (By the way, I just beat Tabitha a few hours ago in Ruby, now that I know he's a guy, he looks more like one to me)

Sean Schemmel (Goku from DBZ) voiced three people in this episode (Cozmo, and one Team Aqua and Team Magma grunt) Whatever happened with him and FUNimation? He's been doing quite a lot for 4kids (Ryu from Shaman King, Robert from Pokemon [Win, Loss, Drew], and the aforementioned)

8.5/10

At least Teams Aqua and Magma both considered the mission successful in the sense that they both foiled the other's plot

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
15th November 2004, 1:59 AM
Quite a good episode. Professor Cozmo was cool, which was unexpected. "Tabitha" looks(and sounds) like a girl in the game, but in the anime he is %100 Male. Weird. I prefer the names "Harland" and "Isabelle", but oh well.

Overall rating:
9.2 out of 10!!!
Awesome episode. Hoenn's been doing really good lately!!!!

SC~ out

wobbanut
15th November 2004, 8:16 PM
I loved this episode! Great action, great drama, and a Team Rocket-positive episode to boot (they didn't even technically get blasted off, just blasted down). That makes for a winning episode in my book. :D My favorite part had to be Meowth refusing to eat the sandwiches out of pride, but then Jessie and James take their share anyway. LOL

Unfortunately, due to Chicago's screwed-up Pokemon-on-Sunday schedule, they had the time change too and I didn't get to see "Game Winning Assist". :( I have no idea when the first show is on yet. Why can't we have Pokemon on Saturday mornings like the rest of the nation?!?!

EDIT: I found out it's now on Sundays at 8:00 AM and 10 AM. Grr, that means now I have to watch my tapes for first shows. I don't get up that early!

Geodude
16th November 2004, 4:34 PM
Meowth: "What's wrong wit' you guys, don't ya have any bad-guy pride anymore?"
J&J: "No, not a shred!"
Meowth: "...Come ta tink of it, I don't either!"

~*Aurora Wish*~
23rd November 2004, 12:24 AM
This was kinda good. Team Magma and Team Aqua were good as characters.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th December 2004, 6:06 PM
can't wait to see this ep tommorow! after ages of calling Aidan a walrus on his birthday and ep with WALREIN will make him laugh

Sharpshooter
7th December 2004, 4:30 PM
The battle between Team Aqua and Team Magma could have been better, other than that it's great episode - I wish we could see them more often.

Even though I'm a fan of Team Rocket - I must admit, in comparison to Team Aqua and Magma, they were pretty much useless in this episode.

The only other bad thing was that my tape ran out three minutes from the end *curses".

Alakazam
7th December 2004, 4:47 PM
I must say, this was quite an impressive episode. Although Prof. Cozmo seemed to have an extraordinary long nose o_o. Anyway, good stuff in this episode. Although there is the fact that it was really only Ash and Cozmo on the good side... I'd say this episode deserves 90% out of 100%.

Geki
30th August 2005, 10:48 PM
Great filler episode. I enjoyed ever minute of it. I was wondering though, when Brock asked if Jessie and James had a Cell Phone, was that in the original version, because it seems to american..

WaterDragon trainer
1st September 2005, 4:31 PM
In this episode Team Magma uses Golbat and Mightyena in battle.If Team Aqua uses only water types(their specialty) such as Walrein,Carvanha,and Crawdaunt and Team Magma uses their specialty(fire types and possibly ground), then why did Team Magma use Mightyena and Golbat? They aren't fire types!

Blaziken master
2nd September 2005, 3:30 PM
Its because their enemies pokemon are water,that they chose non fire types for that fight.Or something to that effect..

tactlessdarckcloud
10th October 2005, 9:08 PM
eeehh...Blaziken master is right...

´bout the ep....COOL!!TM VS TA!!
and besides...COMMANDERSHIPPING!!has somebody find some hint??

Myuuvuirocon
30th January 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, the two admins names are changed.....

Harland-> Tabitha (a girl name?!)

Isabelle->Shelly

Personally, I like Harland and Isabelle better than Tabitha (for a boy) and Shelly.... Though Shelly makes more sense for an Aqua member but Harland makes more sense for a Magma member...... but seriously, TABITHA for a BOY? Whoever heard a dat..... >:( I like Harland better......

ShinyManafi
27th January 2007, 6:25 AM
Pretty good episode, some parts were funny, especially that rope part =D

starliteevee
15th November 2008, 9:17 PM
I loved this episode. Harlan (I'm still gonna call him that) is really cool, and I'm happy hit team got a lot closer to winning that Shelly's. Yep, I like most episodes with either team, and this episode was a great episode, also the only time besides the final two-parter that Team Magma had failed, at least as far as I can recall.

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 7:12 PM
-My biggest concern: Did... did they change the Commander's names? I heard Shelly for Team Aqua and what sounded like Tabitha for Team Magma. Anyone with "A Three Team Scheme" handy, could you check what was originally used for their Titles? I swear I remember it as "Harland" for our Magma Male.
EDIT: Cyber got to it first!

I coulda sworn the same thing O_O

Not the best episode... it was great that Magma & Aqua fought each other, but it wasn't so great how everyone but Ash were stuck in the skyline ride.

Fairly tame and somewhat boring, I'd have to say =\

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 1:18 AM
Good episode. A great depiction of Team Magma. It's great.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 12:24 PM
it was a good episode i must say that, there's alot of magma in this one:P

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 2:02 AM
Its a nice episode, i really did like it

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 12:28 PM
Good team Magma episode.

I loved how Ash saved the Meteorite, it was cool.

And how they got the funicular.

8/10

Lorde
30th December 2009, 12:02 AM
Hmm, Prof. Cozmo reminded me of Prof. Elm from Johto for some reason so it was nostalgic.

I didn't like it much. Only Ash and the evil teams seemed to get any attention. Anyway I loved Team Magma and Team Aqua, but I expected a fierce fight like in the games.

A disappointment without the action, 6/10

Willow's Tara
7th May 2010, 12:21 AM
I liked this episode, it was nice to see Team Magma/Aqua. Jessie really hates heights lol and you think they would have realized using their Pokemon on a cable would cause it to fall.

saar
5th July 2010, 9:35 AM
The best part in this episode is that Cozmo has throwed the machine of TM.
Team Aqua wasn't so important in this episode, acually I think they didn't appear right?

KGB13
11th August 2010, 2:42 AM
I didn't really care too much for this one, the only parts I enjoyed were the ones with Brock, May, Max, and TR stuck in the cable car.

OK episode.

G50
2nd March 2011, 10:51 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Team Magma and Team Aqua again. It was great to have the Meteorite plot in the Anime. It was odd how the Meteorite eventually fell into the lava for the Anime. It was great to see a Walrein for the 1st time. The Meteorite and Asteroid references were definitely an odd part of the episode. Cozmo is definitely an odd name.

53/100

TheEpicGoomba
1st July 2011, 3:56 PM
This was a cool episode. Mainly because Team Magma and Team Aqua were in it. Seeing Walrein was really cool.

Vernikova
28th June 2012, 8:13 PM
The Team Aqua and Team Magma interaction in this episode was pretty weak. They had one battle, which we didn't even get to see, and then that's all for that. I enjoyed seeing how the rope magically got long enough for Ash to climb down safely. It was a really "meh" episode looking back at it.

7threst
28th September 2012, 5:58 PM
I enjoy seeing Team Magma and Team Aqua both in the same episode and I really was intrigued by the suspense in this episode. They did a lot of stuff right in order to make it really interesting and mysterious with the meteorite and that made this episode quite favorable for me.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 1:25 AM
This episode was kinda forgettable for me. I liked seeing Walrein, but that's it. I liked the cable car part, but that's it. Meowth's disguise was pretty damn awesome. I don't have much to say here, this episode just felt kinda "meh" to me. 4/10.

PokemontrainerY
30th November 2013, 6:46 AM
This was an OK episode, but not that good. Team Aqua and Team Magma's interactions were'nt that good in this episode. They fought only once in this episode, but sadly we don't get to see the battle. It was good to see up the meteorite plot from the R/S/E games in this episode, I like it when the anime tries to bring events from the games. It's about time 4kids decided to change the two commanders Harland and Isabelle to their game names.... Tabitha and Shelly, but the name "Tabitha" dosen't sounds like a boy's name to me. It's weird how Game Freak choose the name "Tabitha" for the male Magma commander's name, they should've came up with a better name.

Even though Team Aqua and Team Magma appeared in this episode, I didn't enjoy it. It seemed that there's something lacking in this episode.....maybe more intense battles could have made it more interesting.