PDA

View Full Version : Goin' For A Spinda! (333)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:26 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/333.jpgGoing For A Spinda!

After his Gym Battle against Flannery, Ash & Co. decide to head towards the next town. In doing so, they meet a trainer who is looking for a Spinda with specific markings. Brock immediately jumps to her rescue and helps look for the specific Spinda. However Team Rocket are also after the Spinda. Who will get there first?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/333.shtml)

Discuss

luckyharison
26th October 2004, 12:13 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/333.jpgLots of Spinda! Beyond the Mountain in Search of Happiness!

After his Gym Battle against Flannery, Ash & Co. decide to head towards the next town. In doing so, they meet a trainer who is looking for a Spinda with specific markings. Brock immediately jumps to her rescue and helps look for the specific Spinda. However Team Rocket are also after the Spinda. Who will get there first?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/333.shtml)

Discuss
Hey Team rocket never wins so I finally think Brock will win and if team rocket was to underesitimate my then I would be so shocked

ŁańkaŃ
20th November 2004, 7:26 PM
Well, this is next weeks first airing ep...it doesn't looks so good, but of course...that's what i always say...lol

Tamer Zack
27th November 2004, 2:57 PM
ACtually your right Kuthu the episode was'nt all that good. The episode was pretty boring they did'nt do WTP they'll probaly do that on Friday and the TC was just plain horrrible out of the 2 that can KO a Seedot they had to pick a Surskit.

The Big Al
27th November 2004, 2:58 PM
I just saw it. They named the female guest character after my pain in the rear sister. They didn't actually but it just turned out that way. At least they named the guy Cane and not Al or else I would toss my breakfast in more ways then one.

Once again, we have a TR mech. *Crushes worthless Spinda mech with a Gundam.*

I loved how the Spinda with the broken heart mark was all over Brock. Then he went into "Ivy" mode. XD

A filler through and through, in about an hour we get to see Torkoal's entrance.

Heracross
27th November 2004, 3:10 PM
This was a pretty good episode. They had a lot of humor in this one, I liked how Brock kept finding the Spinda with the broken heart shape on it's head, and then it was clinging to him.XD Brock was basically funny throughout the whole episode. I also liked James' line when Spinda was in their balloon "Hey what are you doing confusing us, we're already confused!" So overall, even though this was a filler, I thought it was pretty good. The music could have been better, but it didn't bother me that much in this particular episode.

V Faction
27th November 2004, 3:40 PM
Not much to say. I didn't like this episode when I first heard about it. The best parts all came from Brock.

EDIT: And now I'm convinced that they MUST be trying to do a "Worst Choice' scenario, only using the wrong choice of words. I mean, I don't even think 4Kids could screw up the TC here. It has to be some sort of speech error.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
27th November 2004, 3:47 PM
This was a bad one, huh? Well then, I guess I didn't miss much(I slept in. Why did stupid KidsWB have to change the schedule?!?!:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@).

SC~ out

Space Skitty
27th November 2004, 5:21 PM
I thought it was a decent episode. Brock was especially funny. I liked Spinda's voice; it sounded fitting. TR's idea with using Meowth & the Teddiursa to lure out the Spinda was funny. I also thought it was funny how Brock kept ending up with the Spinda with a broken-heart! XD

Revolutionary Destiny
27th November 2004, 5:57 PM
I thought this filler was pretty funny. I liked the running gag with Brock always getting the Spinda with the broken heart mark as other people have said. And I guess we have an idea of what Professor Ivy (Brock: "Don't say that name!") did to him since after he found out that the girl watching after the Spinda was getting engaged, he went in "Ivy" mode. Too bad for Brock...:(

Robert
27th November 2004, 6:08 PM
It was funny with the broken heart Brock stuff, I thought he'd catch that one... Otherwise, it was a pretty dull episode.

Juputoru
27th November 2004, 7:17 PM
EDIT: And now I'm convinced that they MUST be trying to do a "Worst Choice' scenario, only using the wrong choice of words. I mean, I don't even think 4Kids could screw up the TC here. It has to be some sort of speech error.
What was the Trainer's Choice for this one? *missed the ep. And doesn't really care since it looks boring*

Pika Hikari KT
27th November 2004, 7:29 PM
It was which one could defeat Seedot. They chose Surskit; which aside from learning Ice Beam and Blizzard, doesn't really have an advantage at all until it evolves! I think the other choices were Delibird and Torkoal...both of which could defeat Seedot in a matter of seconds.

Gravy
27th November 2004, 7:35 PM
They chose Surskit; which aside from learning Ice Beam and Blizzard, doesn't really have an advantage at all until it evolves! I think the other choices were Delibird and Torkoal...both of which could defeat Seedot in a matter of seconds.
...well, I'm now completly convinced that who ever is in charge of the 'Trainers Choice' segment has absolutly no idea what they're doing.

Judging by what many have said, this isn't going to be an episode I'll be getting up at 7:30am to watch. Were there any other humorous moments besides the heartbreak-Spinda and Brock winding up with each other all the time? And, umm...I'm betting Spinda sounded identical to Mudkip, ne?

Yellow
27th November 2004, 8:04 PM
This episode wasn't bad for a filler. Brock was funny in this episode, especially at the end when he used Mudkip, Lotad, and Forretress to battle Team Rocket. All in all, I've seen better fillers.

meggirl63
27th November 2004, 10:03 PM
This was a cute good episode with all those cute lil Spinda. Oh, that guy Cain was sooooooo sweet! :-)

Indigo
27th November 2004, 10:36 PM
Ugh...sickening. just sickening.

-There have been two Claire characters in the series now. The one in this ep. and of course, the Blackthorn Gym Leader. THINK OF MORE NAMES, 4KIDS!
-Claire and Kane...yuck. Just...yuck. WAY too mushy and corny.
-Can Team Rocket get any more stale than this? I don't think so.
-No character development, no exciting plot, not even a good pun. Can you say, "Johto"?
-The TC was wrong...again.

This episode barely kept my attention. The only thing I liked was Brock's little Spinda friend. But the rest...pure Johto. If they do this again, I don't even know what I'll do.

A dismal 3/10.

V Faction
27th November 2004, 10:40 PM

-There have been two Claire characters in the series now. The one in this ep. and of course, the Blackthorn Gym Leader. THINK OF MORE NAMES, 4KIDS!

Okay, that's it. PLEASE do some research. Clare was her name in the frickin' original version.

PDL
28th November 2004, 12:17 AM
well... this episode wasn't completely spectactular... Claire was kinda cute... somewhat...

I liked the Spinda with the broken heart... I think it should have been named "Lucky", out of irony or something

and as for the Trainer's Choice... no comment... I actually predicted they would choose Surskit -_-

Pokemon Fan
28th November 2004, 12:47 AM
I never really considered it before, but I like the comment noted earlier that this could very well explain how Brock acted after leaving Ivy. After all, he would be even more devestated than he was here if he had given up everything to stay with her (liek Ivy) only to find Ivy already had a love interest or fell in love with someone else. I say it's the best theory out there (much better than the "Ivy raped Brock" theory). ^_^

The episode was far from the greatest but it was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. It was an amusing episode, which is all it was designed to be so that's okay by me. Not every episode can incldue a life-changing event, and what would you expect from a Spinda episode except wacky hilarity?

And there are dozens of people with the exact same first AND last names in most large individual cities, let alone states and countries. It's hardly a crime that a few Pokemon characters have the same name as another character introduced earlier.

-Claire and Kane...yuck. Just...yuck. WAY too mushy and corny.
Not a romance fan I take it, though that makes you seem a bit biased considering very little fo the episode was at all mushy. It wasn't even until the end that the romantic plot was revealed.

-Can Team Rocket get any more stale than this? I don't think so.
To me they seemed a bit fun and original (for them at least) actually, what with the way they got effected by the Spinda attacks, Jessie's obsession with acting etc.

TR: "We're blasting off in shame!"

-The TC was wrong...again.
I think they must have thought Seedot was Grass/Dark like its evolutions. If it was then Surskit could be the right choice, since Bug would do 4x damage, rather than Ice doing 2x damage. Although the only Bug type move Surskit could get is Hidden Power Bug...

This episode barely kept my attention. The only thing I liked was Brock's little Spinda friend. But the rest...pure Johto. If they do this again, I don't even know what I'll do.
It had some things going for it:

1. Some clever dialogue (Butler: "He is a strange little man").
2. Newly showcased attacks (Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch had never been seen in the anime before).
3. Brock actually using his Pokemon, and actually using Forretress for something worthwhile.
4. Some good discussion foreshadowing the fifth gym battle and a few other episodes, a good recap for all those involved, especially those with short memories.

If I were to assign a number I'd give the episode a 6/10, mostly because I tend to like action-orientented episodes more. As a hilarity/goofy type episode, it was probably closer to a 7 or 8/10.

Psychic Venusaur
28th November 2004, 1:01 AM
For the Trainer's Choice, based on type, Delibird should have been the best choice, followed by Surskit, then Seel.

Brock was hilarious in this episode. I knew he wasn't going to catch the broken heart Spinda, but it seemed fitting if he did.

That comment about Team Rocket already being confused was funny too

Overall, this was a very funny episode, 7/10

The Big Al
28th November 2004, 1:03 AM
Saving grace of this epi. They didn't name the guy Alex. I was sitting there, in dread for them to call him Alex. At least they didn't. Because Alex and Claire are the names of me and my sister. (Me being Alex. Where do you think I came up with the name Al?)

Surskit doesn't know any bug attacks. Besides, Seedot is not a Dark type. Pokemon Fan, why do you justify their being stupid with them being stupid?

Poor Brock, he just doesn't get a break. However, he did do better against Team Rocket than Kane. Brock pwned, a nice surprise.

Team Rocket, annoying as always.

The heartbreak Spinda certainly liked Brock. It was funny that he liked it about as much as a zit.

You got it right V Faction, about as Johto as Hoenn gets. 3.5/10

Heracross
28th November 2004, 2:55 AM
2. Newly showcased attacks (Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch had never been seen in the anime before).

Actually, I believe one of the Kangaskhan used dizzy punch in "The Kangaskhan Kid".

ronster486
28th November 2004, 5:17 AM
I think this was a funny episode. Team Rocket and Brock were who made it funny...and Teeter Dance too. Forgot that was a attack. 6.8/10

Cloud Strife
28th November 2004, 7:29 AM
This was terrible, bad, disgusting (but a work of art compared to what followed)
The only good thing about this episode was Brock and the Brocken (I am going to use that) heart Spinda. And maybe some good TR moments.
Overall I give it a 2.7 out of 10.

TooCoolScyther
28th November 2004, 8:33 AM
It's a pretty decent episode, although quite the filler. They spent the whole episode looking for Spinda... and yet all it's doing is just going to the top of the mountain... Can I say, no brainer? Especially for Claire!

One thing I liked was Spinda though, it showed that it can be a pretty darn cute Pokemon. The one with the broken heart, I personally thought Brock should of caught it. He was already attached to it, no?

Team Rocket was really funny. I loved the Motto. It's so well done!

As usual, there's another couple that is way too young to be getting married. (Kane and Claire).

Episode Rating: 7/10

Geodude
28th November 2004, 8:57 AM
My favorite part of the ep was when Spinda used Teeter Dance on Team Rocket and they got confused and started imitating the dance. XD

The Big Al
28th November 2004, 6:37 PM
The mech TR used, they claimed it was ten times the size of normal Spinda but I think it had to be way bigger than that. It was still follow the tradition of utter absurdity with all the other Mechs used by Team Rocket. I mean come on, even with a giant robot they can't win, pathetic.

Indigo
28th November 2004, 6:49 PM
The rebellion against me begins...

Okay, that's it. PLEASE do some research. Clare was her name in the frickin' original version.

You act as if I've made one thousand mistakes. I only made one. So all I have to do is change the name: "THINK OF MORE NAMES, WRITERS!" There. Done.

The episode was far from the greatest but it was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. It was an amusing episode, which is all it was designed to be so that's okay by me. Not every episode can incldue a life-changing event, and what would you expect from a Spinda episode except wacky hilarity?

I wasn't expecting anything of the sort, I just didn't like the episode. It was pure Johto filler. Why does everyone have a problem with that?

And there are dozens of people with the exact same first AND last names in most large individual cities, let alone states and countries. It's hardly a crime that a few Pokemon characters have the same name as another character introduced earlier.

I'm aware of that, but when one of them is the name of a Gym Leader, I just think that the writers should use other names, because this one was pretty noticeable.

Not a romance fan I take it, though that makes you seem a bit biased considering very little fo the episode was at all mushy. It wasn't even until the end that the romantic plot was revealed.

Actually, I don't mind romance. It was just the clichéd lines like, "Oh Claire, you're the only one for me," that just broke it for me.

To me they seemed a bit fun and original (for them at least) actually, what with the way they got effected by the Spinda attacks, Jessie's obsession with acting etc.

TR: "We're blasting off in shame!"

I disagree. We've seen all this before. You may not think so, but I do. It's not a crime.

I think they must have thought Seedot was Grass/Dark like its evolutions. If it was then Surskit could be the right choice, since Bug would do 4x damage, rather than Ice doing 2x damage. Although the only Bug type move Surskit could get is Hidden Power Bug...

Anything could get Hidden Power Bug. They screwed it up, and it ticks me off that they did.

1. Some clever dialogue (Butler: "He is a strange little man").

Okay, one instance. But that really doesn't do it for me.

I believe Dizzy Punch was shown in "The Kangaskhan Kid"...

3. Brock actually using his Pokemon, and actually using Forretress for something worthwhile.

True, but Lotad and Mudkip were made out as weak as well, and that still doesn't do it.

4. Some good discussion foreshadowing the fifth gym battle and a few other episodes, a good recap for all those involved, especially those with short memories.

They do that sometimes, but it doesn't really affect the overall outcome of the episode.

I'm entitled to my opinion. There isn't anything you can really say is wrong, because it's totally opinionated. Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?

V Faction
28th November 2004, 6:55 PM
You act as if I've made one thousand mistakes. I only made one. So all I have to do is change the name: "THINK OF MORE NAMES, WRITERS!" There. Done.

It was your lambaste of 4Kids that ticked me off. The company gets harped on enough for stuff that IS there fault. So yes, that's all you'd have change in your statement, or simply drop the last part entirely.

The Big Al
28th November 2004, 6:59 PM
Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?

I know how you feel. Some people picked me apart when I didn't like "What You Seed is What You Get" and "What's Up With Wattson". I swear, it's like if you don't like an episode you're treated like dirt.

Back on topic. I seem to remember Jessie doing the same scheme as in this episode. I can't remember when but it seems familiar.

Pokemon Fan
28th November 2004, 7:32 PM
Surskit doesn't know any bug attacks. Besides, Seedot is not a Dark type. Pokemon Fan, why do you justify their being stupid with them being stupid?
As I recall I specifically said that they may have THOUGHT Seedot was a Grass/Dark type as both of its evolutions are. And I also stated Surskit can't learn any Bug attacks, EXCEPT Hidden Power Bug.

I will certainly agree it was most likely a stupid mistake, but most (or at least some) of the TC are quite deep, and so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was still follow the tradition of utter absurdity with all the other Mechs used by Team Rocket. I mean come on, even with a giant robot they can't win, pathetic.
How absurd is it for a robot to explode when you throw a super powered Bug/Steel type at it and have it use Explosion? It's not as though they are fighting normal creatures. Only a few mechas we've seen (usually not ones owned by the TR trio) are capable of standing up to strong Pokemon. Really, what does the size matter? As we've seen most of TR's mechas are as basically hollow inside and TR try to cut corners wherever they can to keep the price down.

I believe Dizzy Punch was shown in "The Kangaskhan Kid"...
I've heard others say this but if it was used it certainly wasn't named in the episode. The only fighting the Kangaskan did in that episode was a bunch of fancy tail swipes and bashes.

I'm entitled to my opinion. There isn't anything you can really say is wrong, because it's totally opinionated. Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?
I believe you've misunderstood. My post was not intended to be hateful, I was merely pointing out how some of your logic didn't make sense to me, and hoped you would respond clarifying your views. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so am I entitled to giving my opinion on your opinion, and you are entitled to give your opinion on my opinion of your opinion *gets dizzy and falls over*

Anyway, I simply like to respond to opinions that don't make sense to me or that I disagree with. I don't call people names, bash them or simply say they are wrong but try my best to explain why their statement doesn't seem to make sense to me. I certainly don't hate you for hating an episode. It is only a animated fantasy tale after all. ^_^

Indigo
28th November 2004, 7:56 PM
I believe you've misunderstood. My post was not intended to be hateful, I was merely pointing out how some of your logic didn't make sense to me, and hoped you would respond clarifying your views. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so am I entitled to giving my opinion on your opinion, and you are entitled to give your opinion on my opinion of your opinion *gets dizzy and falls over*

Anyway, I simply like to respond to opinions that don't make sense to me or that I disagree with. I don't call people names, bash them or simply say they are wrong but try my best to explain why their statement doesn't seem to make sense to me. I certainly don't hate you for hating an episode. It is only a animated fantasy tale after all. ^_^

Yeah, you're right. It was petty of me to say that anyway. Sorry Pokemon Fan. I would've done the same thing you did, had my post not made sense to me, but it had to have made sense because I have to make sense to myself, because if I don't, my whole being won't make sense. Does that make sense? *gets dizzy and falls over too.* XP

The Big Al
28th November 2004, 9:46 PM
As I recall I specifically said that they may have THOUGHT Seedot was a Grass/Dark type as both of its evolutions are. And I also stated Surskit can't learn any Bug attacks, EXCEPT Hidden Power Bug.
The fact is that it isn't. They should know the types and type mixes of every Pokemon especially if they are going to do something like trainer's choice.
AS for HP Buug, if you add that to the equation Wooper could be the best Pokemon.

I will certainly agree it was most likely a stupid mistake, but most (or at least some) of the TC are quite deep, and so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Deep, these aren't deep. They give us no movesets, or anything except their type which goes without saying. They've just gotten it wrong. Except it.

However, I will agree that Forretress was a Pokemon version of an anti-tank shell.

Kamex
30th November 2004, 3:16 AM
This episode was nice, it, um...had a lot of Spinda.

That scene with Team Rocket and Teddiursa was funny. Once again, a short tempered Ursaring quickly arrived and wasted no time in attacking.

That broken heart Spinda that took a liking to Brock could have went along with him, although I knew it wouldn't.

Yeah, that's all. This was an overall tame episode. 7/10.

wobbanut
30th November 2004, 7:03 PM
Geeearrrrgh, I felt like I was watching a season three episode while this was on (pre-Wobbuffet, the Johto Journies season pretty much stunk). It was very boring and very slow moving. On the positive, Team Rocket was very hilarious during this episode. :D I wish Brock would have caught the broken-heart spinda, though, it really seemed to like him. :( That was so cute how it kept popping up on him. :)

3/10 for me, which I believe is my lowest for any Hoenn episode so far.

Pokemon Fan
30th November 2004, 8:54 PM
I agree it would have been nice if he had caught the broken heart Spinda, but somehow I don't think Brock would like having a Pokemon that constantly reminded him of what an utter failure he is in love.

Shikamaru
30th November 2004, 9:38 PM
Now i thought this episode was FUNNY! Any episode that a angry Urasaring will make me laugh! I also liked this episode because it had a ton of spinda and spinda is one of my favorite pokemon in the hoen region. Although I thought teeter dance would have had spinda moving around in circles instead they did soemthing differnt which I forgot.

Anyways this was a great episode so I will give it a 8/10 mostly for the part with urasaring and just having spinda in it.

Indigo
30th November 2004, 11:44 PM
I agree it would have been nice if he had caught the broken heart Spinda, but somehow I don't think Brock would like having a Pokemon that constantly reminded him of what an utter failure he is in love.

True, but it was hilarious, and the writers will do anything to get better ratings. Hilarity=viewers=money=good. the perfect equation. :D

PDL
1st December 2004, 4:06 AM
too true... this episode was very Jothoish... which is a real shame... considering Spinda's a great pokemon D:

and the broken heart one should have been caught by Brock... oh well D:

The Big Al
2nd December 2004, 12:48 AM
I was wondering, do you think it ever occured to Brock that Forrestess using Explosion of the mech could've hurt the Spinda inside? Maybe the but more armor in the Pokemon holding compartment after the Numel episode. They did all make it out without a scratch. Too bad for Team Rocket they couldn't say the same.

Tips for Team Rocket: Stop saying that moronic motto and buy better Mechs.

Pokemon Fan
3rd December 2004, 6:43 PM
I was wondering, do you think it ever occured to Brock that Forrestess using Explosion of the mech could've hurt the Spinda inside? Maybe the but more armor in the Pokemon holding compartment after the Numel episode. They did all make it out without a scratch. Too bad for Team Rocket they couldn't say the same.
I think he threw it at the Spinda mech's head (though I may be wrong), not the body where the Spinda were kept.

Lindsay
3rd December 2004, 10:23 PM
Thank goodness for friday repeats! But sadly this episode wasn't to great. It's filler with a Brock focus - the worst combination I can think of.

Spinda looked much cuter in the game then they did here which sucks cause there were tons of 'em to be seen here. Claire looked pretty hm....okay. It's good random filler characters are looking alot like the in-game trainer types.

The plot of the episode took advantage of Spinda's unique feature of their spots all being different but the whole chasing a POKéMON around for an entire episodes been overdone at this point.

And it sure didn't help that Team Idiot wasted mega time by appearing and getting blasted off like 5 times. Why couldn't they have just stayed away after the first? Their last appearance though is what truly made this filler. Yet another giant robot outta nowhere. SIGH!

A good point was Brock and the broken hearted Spinda. I understood the symbolism it meant the first time. But then they re-did the gag another two or three times. C'mon we're not stupid. Brock did have one good moment at least. Asking Forretress to use Explosion. That's a pretty harsh move so it was real nice of him to ask for it to be used.

2 / 5

Dizzyness provided most of the fun on this episode...... @_@ But otherwise it was blah.

The Big Al
3rd December 2004, 10:26 PM
Two funny things I didn't pick up the first time through.

One of the Spinda has a butt print on its forehead. I'm serious, one of first ones we see. Two spots come together and look like a butt print.

Brock: At least we have each other.
Brokenheart Spinda: Spinda

Torkoal Stu
26th December 2004, 9:00 AM
i liked this ep and it was so funny when brock kept picking up the broken heart spinda!!!!!!!! and they show a tediursa. tediursa is so cute and they disgused him as a spinda!!!!

Pokémon Master Josh
26th December 2004, 11:34 AM
DIZZY PUNCH!!! LOL WHAT A DUMB NAME!!!

I wish Brock caught that broken heart Spinda... and why doesn't Caine have a character profile on the main site?

El Georgio
26th December 2004, 11:48 AM
I saw this fifteen minutes ago on Sky One Mix and the thing where there is a REALLY close closeup of Brocks 'eyes' was freaky. -o-

Torkoal Stu
26th December 2004, 6:26 PM
DIZZY PUNCH!!! LOL WHAT A DUMB NAME!!!

I wish Brock caught that broken heart Spinda... and why doesn't Caine have a character profile on the main site?

Good point, maybe he never caught it? and he was just it's friend (or check for his japenese name)

Factory Head Noland
26th December 2004, 10:13 PM
I saw this episode this morning and it was better than I thought it would be. It was so funny when Brock kept picking up the broken hearted Spinda, lol.
After this episode I actually like Spinda!
It was great to see Forretress, Lotad and Mudkip again! We haven't seen all 3 of them together in a LONG time!

Shiny May
23rd April 2005, 1:26 PM
I've just seen the jap version of this one and I like the Torchic that were spinning around Team ROcket's head but overall I can't say I was deeply intrigued by the episode. It was nice but in the end I wasn't really interested in watching it anymore. But the animations and all was good.

ŁańkaŃ
6th July 2005, 4:00 PM
Hah...just watch it YESTERDAY...i think Brock should have got that Spinda...with the BROKEN HEART...lol...it'd be funny if it always came out when Brock was with a girl...as a sign of FAILURE...lol

MagicBox
6th July 2005, 8:21 PM
I love this episode. The only Brock filler in all of Hoenn was a memorable one for me. I loved how he just got so fed up with Team Rocket that he sent all of his Pokemon out on an assault on them. I was also glad to see that Forretress used an attack other than rapid spin. He really should have caught that Spinda; they could have done so much more with that idea. C'mon, that broken heart thing would've stayed funny for at least four more episodes. I would have liked to see how Brock would've handled that thing in battle also.

Togechic
8th July 2005, 5:23 AM
I found mecha-Spinda amusing because it sounds nothing like the real thing.

ITA on the TR seeing running Torchic thing.

Kanadian Kyuubi
10th July 2005, 7:24 PM
About the Torchic's, some (even me) think it was a pun of the spinning cartoon stars when someone gets hurt, this is actually a representation of the japanese name for Dizzy Punch, Chirp-Chirp Punch. Chrips are the Japanese symbol of Confusion.

Geki
16th August 2005, 12:11 AM
This was a pretty good episode, I liked Spinda. It was funny when Brock found the Spinda with the Broken Heart shape. XD

6/10

RedJirachi
8th November 2005, 7:40 AM
I thought it was a decent episode. Brock was especially funny. I liked Spinda's voice; it sounded fitting. TR's idea with using Meowth & the Teddiursa to lure out the Spinda was funny. I also thought it was funny how Brock kept ending up with the Spinda with a broken-heart! XD
I also thought that Brock keep finding the same heart-broken pattern Spinda was funny

feldt
22nd July 2006, 8:59 PM
I loved it, but its sad that Brock didnt get the spinda with a broken heart on it.

feldt
22nd July 2006, 9:02 PM
;327; I loved it, but its sad that Brock didnt get the spinda with a broken heart on it.;327;

hapani11
22nd July 2006, 9:31 PM
i liked this episode because it made me laugh that high that i didnt even laugh more that day.

CyberCubed
17th April 2007, 4:27 PM
If there was one example of Brock's Foretress being awesome, this was the episode. The way he chucked the thing like a megaton bomb toward the Spinda mecha was amazing.

It's a real shame they never do this again. I would have liked seeing Brock use Foretress as a living explosive more often.

uber gon
4th December 2008, 3:58 AM
Wonder if trainers get scolded if their pokémon uses Explosion?

HoennMaster
4th December 2008, 6:41 AM
I really wish Brock would have caught that Spinda. They are good together.

Heracross
4th December 2008, 7:06 AM
I agree. That would have made for a much better running gag than the ear pulling. Of course not all the animation directors could have pulled off such humorous reactions from Takeshi.

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 8:17 PM
Aw, I liked this episode. The Spinda were very cute, and I kinda liked the search for the heart-shaped marked Spinda. Very fluffy and fillery, but it at least kept my interest.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 2:13 AM
A boring filler. Looking for a Spinda with a specific pattern? Yeah that's a real exciting plot. /sarcasm

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 1:27 PM
what an idea actually, searching for a spinda with a certain pattern, everybody knows thatr they never have the same patterns, it was a good episode for the rest though.

Rommath
20th February 2009, 1:33 PM
Alright episode. A fair bit of filler, but it was funny to watch Brock's antics throughout the episode. Teeter Dance was interesting as well.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 2:48 AM
It was a good episode, Spinda was cute trough

Ash-kid
7th December 2009, 11:38 AM
I loved Spinda, it was very cute.
The Spinda with the heart shape was very fast.
And Brock was amazing, how bad he was so sad in the end.

Lorde
8th December 2009, 11:46 AM
Sigh, I wish someone like Brock, had caught a Spinda.

So much potential but it didn't happen. This episode was far too cute for my taste. I would have prefered something more non Filler-y.

AG wasn't my favorite, 3/10

KGB13
7th September 2010, 12:30 PM
The premise for this episode was kinda dumb.

Looking for a Spinda with a special pattern? Come on writers...

G50
3rd March 2011, 5:33 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Spinda and its Teeter Dance for the 1st time. It was interesting to see a lot of different-patterned Spindas in this episode. It was hilarious when they were looking for the Heart Spinda, and all Brock was able to keep finding was the Broken-Heart Spinda. It was funny to see the "Ivy-Mode" Brock back again.

20/100

hever
4th March 2011, 12:12 AM
Spinda is not cute, at all. I am disappointed.

6/10

Vernikova
30th June 2012, 3:57 PM
A cute episode is all that I can say about this one. Thinking about it, I agree that Brock should've been allowed to catch that Spinda. It would've made a great addition to his team and it probably would've kept Max out of the position of becoming a rehash Misty. Spinda was pretty damn cute though I agree that the premise of "searching for a Spinda" was predictable.

Archangel Armada
4th July 2012, 8:49 AM
Saw it and it was pretty fun to watch. ^_^ I enjoyed that Brock got the broken Hearted Spinda that I couldn't stop giggling XD. A very cute episode overall ^_^

TheSirPeras
5th July 2012, 3:24 AM
The anime really made me like Spinda, it's cute! The heart broken Spinda gag was funny, especially with Brock XD
8/10 I really liked this filler!

7threst
28th September 2012, 7:46 PM
This episode may be a mandatory filler, but it did had some hilarious things in it. The whole thing with Brock and the Spinda and also seeing Team Rocket disguising as Teddiursa, only to be blasted away by the angry Ursaring was very humorous to watch.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 2:04 AM
I've never been a Spinda fan, and this episode felt like a lame filler to me. However, I did like Brock's role in this episode, he should've caught Spinda. And Brock getting flirty wasn't bad. And Teeter Dance always got a laugh of me in the games (while it also annoys me), and in the anime, the same applied. 6/10.

PokemontrainerY
8th December 2013, 4:51 PM
This episode starts with Ash deciding to head towards Petalburg City for his next Gym battle. On their way, the Ash and the others runs into a Spinda with a heart-shaped mark on it's head. The Spinda gets scared after seeing the group and runs off. Later they meets a pretty girl named Claire and his butler Royce. Claire tells the group that she's looking for her lucky Spinda which was given to her by a close friend for safekeeping. Brock gets attracted to Claire and quickly grabs her hands, promising to do anything to find the missing Spinda. Then the whole "searching for a Spinda" plot begins.

Overall, I thought this was an OK episode. The COTD girl Claire was very pretty, no wonder why Brock fell in love with her. Too bad Claire was already engaged the Spinda's owner Kain. Because of that, Brock got his heart broken Again!

Team Rocket were really annoying in this episode, this time they tried to steal the Spinda. the Spinda-mecha was one of their most lame mechas in my opinion. Oh well, at least Brock got to blast Team Rocket off in this episode.

Painkiller2001
4th November 2014, 12:15 AM
Usually I'm not one to say this, but Even I think Brock should have caught that one Spinda with the broken heart mark on it. It suits him perfectly! :)