PDA

View Full Version : Delcatty Got Your Tongue? (336)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:30 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/336.jpgDelcatty Got Your Tongue?

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a trainer with a Delcatty. She is one of the legendary co-ordinators. May asks her for techniques on how to win with her Skitty. However Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Delcatty. Willt hey succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/336.shtml)

Discuss

Princess May
20th November 2004, 10:24 PM
Skitty and Delcatty are like my favorite pokemon. I love this episode!!!!!!!

Torkoal Stu
27th November 2004, 2:51 PM
i think this is wierd that a skitty can leard blizzard. it still looks cool :snowlax:

staticbear
4th December 2004, 11:44 AM
i like delcatty is cool especially with the move covet i get tons of free stuff from wild pokemon i missed this episode and im sad about it ;150; ;150;

CyberCubed
4th December 2004, 4:41 PM
Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated. I find it funny that 4kids has no problem with sexual innuendo implied, yet if anything is SHOWN they have to cut up and butcher the scenes.

Anyway it was a decent ep. I liked seeing what the Grand Festival trophy looked like, as well as the flashbacks (Kirlia and Flygon!). Also nice to see the Moon Stone mentioned.

The Delcatty was pretty strong, loved it's attacks. Skitty learning Blizzard was great, I'd love to see it learn Thudnerbolt some day as well.

Still an average episode though. Not really that much better than what we would have seen in Master Quest.

Heracross
4th December 2004, 4:44 PM
Well, this was a pretty good episode. It did kinda remind me of the aromatherapy ep though. Skitty is hurt, they take it to get healed at a clinic, etc. Oh well, it's not that similar so it doesn't really bother me, I just couldn't help noticing. It was cool to see Skitty learning blizzard, and the concept of Abby being a contest champion was cool too. I also thought the music in this episode was alright for a dub episode. Maybe 4Kids is putting a bit more effort into it lately. Then again, I seem to remember making a similar comment about it a while ago so maybe it's just a fluke. Did anyone else think TR was hilarious in this episode? I laughed out loud when Jessie said Meowth had been hurt in a bizarre yodeling accident.XD And then James said there must be something wrong with him because all he does is whine and complain.:p

V Faction
4th December 2004, 4:45 PM
What an exceptionally charming episode.

-That was an interesting title introduction by Ash. It was edgy, said pretty much the same way the original saying would've been said in a convo.

-A lot of Old School goodness from Team Rocket. Persian, the Eevees... And they all were contained in some funny dialogue!

-Who else loves all these battles? Seeing Torkoal was great, Delcatty was a beast, and Skitty must be something special with all the stuff its accomplishing.

*Cacnea Hugs*
"James: Ow! Yes, I love you too!"

-Delcatty got its Japanese voice. That's sure to make people happy.

-During Jonnie's flashback battles, you could hear the faint cry of the Pokemon it was battling (Kirlia, Zangoose, Swampert). And thankfully, they had all their specific grunts and sounds. Continuity is always good, remember that kids! *kicks Slugma*

-It was fun to see the Flygon trainer in motion finally. I never did get a clear picture of it on the site. That was too awesome.

-I believe 4Kids have become experts at interpreting the Japanese names into fairly appropriate English names. Ayane was Abby. I don't know if Dr. Moss was given a name in the original, but it was a nice one none the less.

The Big Al
4th December 2004, 4:46 PM
Welp, here's the proof. The best co-ordiantor in Hoenn and she got her head handed to her on a silver platter by the first trainer she met. Not to mention nearly got Jonny (WTF 0.o) killed. I believe that goes to prove the arguement that co-ordinators who only do contests are not trainers and not as good as trainers when it comes to battle.

V Faction
4th December 2004, 4:49 PM
Welp, here's the proof. The best co-ordiantor in Hoenn and she got her head handed to her on a silver platter by the first trainer she met. Not to mention nearly got Jonny (WTF 0.o) killed. I believe that goes to prove the arguement that co-ordinators who only do contests are not trainers and not as good as trainers when it comes to battle.

The only thing it proves is that this squabble between Trainer fans and Coodinator fans will never end!

CyberCubed
4th December 2004, 4:51 PM
Considering the writers treated that Flygon as a "almost legendary" (a la Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar and Absol) it's no surprise that it beat a Skitty.

Lindsay
4th December 2004, 4:52 PM
A serious battle with Team Idiot to start the episode? Not bad. But my favorite little Skitty got hurt!! :(

Anyway yay a filler town. And with a clinic instead of a PKMN Center was anyone else hoping for the return of Doctor Proctor? Oh well. Instead its run by legendary super trainer out of nowhere. And I didn't much care for this lady.

She seemed kinda cold to me. Now I'm no Brock fan but the flat uncaring way she said "That's nice." in response to him saying he wanted to be the best breeder was just wrong. And then she tried to train May's Skitty to use Blizzard! NO! That is just wrong. It should have been May telling Skitty to watch Delcatty. Ugh..what a rip.

Anyhow Team Idiot were amusing for once especially Meowth and their blasting off goofiness. Sadly though the daydream crap was brought back which ticked me off.

4 / 5

Despite the daydream and that nasty healer lady this episode was great. I mean when there's actually an episode that Team Idiot is bearable you know it has something good going for it.

V Faction
4th December 2004, 4:54 PM
Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated.

Ha Ha, I just listened to it again and he sounds like freaking Elvis! Brock's character rocks. He's on a roll!

Heracross
4th December 2004, 4:56 PM
Heh, I just thought Brock sounded funny when he said that, but now that I think about it, he did sound like Elvis.XD He cracks me up.

The Big Al
4th December 2004, 4:58 PM
The only thing it proves is that this squabble between Trainer fans and Coodinator fans will never end!

You have to admit, battling in nothing but contests halls doesn't help a co-ordinator in the sticks. Think of all the factors Co-ordinators are sheltered from in contest halls.

Things that aren't in Contest halls
-Weather (Very important facotr as it can affect Pokemon attacks)
-Terrain (Can also be a factor as it affects certain Pokemon skills)
-Unlimited time
-Wild Pokemon on the prawl
-Other Trainers
-Fight to Damage, not dazzle
And other stuff. Co-ordiantors battle in very sterile enviroments compared to trainers.

Gravy
4th December 2004, 5:11 PM
You have to admit, battling in nothing but contests halls doesn't help a co-ordinator in the sticks. Think of all the factors Co-ordinators are sheltered from in contest halls.

Things that aren't in Contest halls
-Weather (Very important facotr as it can affect Pokemon attacks)
-Terrain (Can also be a factor as it affects certain Pokemon skills)
-Unlimited time
-Wild Pokemon on the prawl
-Other Trainers
-Fight to Damage, not dazzle
And other stuff. Co-ordiantors battle in very sterile enviroments compared to trainers.
Don't coordinators have to travel around the world and in different environments on the way to each contest hall also? They go through the same sort of thing as pokémon trainers and aren't just stuck situated in the same place each and every day. They still have the factors of wild pokémon, other trainers (because technically they are trainers) and weather conditions to contend with.
Contest halls aren't that much different from Pokémon gyms really. The majority of the time, pokémon gym battles are held on a flat battlefield from what we've seen over the years. Thats not much different from how a contest works.
And they are expected to inflict as much damage as possible. It all whittles down to the percentage of health left at the end, and anything can change that percentage if your gaurd is let down. The time limit just makes it all the more desperate. And theres the fact that they have to be creative in the way they defeat the opposition~ ....*shrugs* ^.^

Bah, I wish these episodes would air sooner in the UK, its a pain not being able to contribute much to the discussion episode-wise ~.~;

Robert
4th December 2004, 5:27 PM
This was an okay episode, but not extremely good in any catagory. I am glad May's using Skitty in her next contest, though. :)

The Big Al
4th December 2004, 5:36 PM
Don't coordinators have to travel around the world and in different environments on the way to each contest hall also? They go through the same sort of thing as pokémon trainers and aren't just stuck situated in the same place each and every day. They still have the factors of wild pokémon, other trainers (because technically they are trainers) and weather conditions to contend with.
If May is any indication (and fear she is) most co-ordinators train by using props than actually fighting. Because you cannot mimic a contest battle, you'd be hard pressed to be able to train in that way. However, there are a few co-ordinators who battle like the Dusclops trainer. But I do fear they are in the minority.

Contest halls aren't that much different from Pokémon gyms really. The majority of the time, pokémon gym battles are held on a flat battlefield from what we've seen over the years. Thats not much different from how a contest works.
We've seen open gyms (like Falkner's and Winona's), gyms with water battle fields (like Misty's), gyms with terrain (like Brock's, Bugsy's, and Roxane's). then there are gym matches that were outisde or in some uncontroled enviroment (like Koga's, Blaine's, Whitney's, Brawly's, and Liza & Tate's). So that's half of the main stream gyms.

And they are expected to inflict as much damage as possible. It all whittles down to the percentage of health left at the end, and anything can change that percentage if your gaurd is let down. The time limit just makes it all the more desperate. And theres the fact that they have to be creative in the way they defeat the opposition~ ....*shrugs* ^.^
Beat them with style, *yawns*. Any trainer can go into the hurry up offense, however, it takes great trainers to battle for the duration. Contests remove the endurance factor from battles and that alone can seperate great trainers from the wanna-bes.

Lindsay
4th December 2004, 5:48 PM
Operating on a time limit can help a trainer think on their feet better and learn to operate more efficiently so that's +1 for co-ordinators.

Ditzy_Blonde
4th December 2004, 5:58 PM
If May is any indication (and fear she is) most co-ordinators train by using props than actually fighting. Because you cannot mimic a contest battle, you'd be hard pressed to be able to train in that way. However, there are a few co-ordinators who battle like the Dusclops trainer. But I do fear they are in the minority.

You seem to be basing all your information on Coordinators on what May does. You do realize she is a beginner, and therefore misguided in many of her decisions? It's foolish to assume that Coordinators don't paticipate in basic battles when part of the contests they participate in is an actual battle. I'd say that Coordinators participate in battles just like trainers do. We've seen May in many battles.

The "endurance factor" you speak of actually make contests battles more difficult, cuz they force the coordinators to think more and deliver more effect in a shorter time frame.

So basically, it's mere oppinion to say that battling to damage is superior to battling to dazzle. I for one am MUCH more interested in contests than battles. Anyone can just brutely battle. It takes more effort to dazzle, and THAT seperates the "wannabes" for me.

Heracross
4th December 2004, 6:10 PM
Just because a pokémon has to perform well in a contest hall doesn't mean that it is not also capable of proving itself in normal battles. And the same can also be said for coordinators. May I refer you back to "Flower Power" during the Johto Journies. That was way before the concept of contest halls, but you can still see that the moves the Belossom use to dazzle the crowd are the same ones they then use to pwn TR's pokémon (which admittedly isn't much of accomplishment, but you see what I mean). Even without the endurance factor, the time limit forces coordinators to think on their feet and make quick decisions, skills which are vital in any competative battling.

Pika Hikari KT
4th December 2004, 6:19 PM
Double the kitties, double the kawaiiness!-^_^- Skitty seems to grow cuter by the week: The way it was waving its TINY paws in an attempt to juggle was so cute! Delcatty's voice was kept...I wonder if they used a real cat?:p I'm serious, it sounded like a real adult cat! Giovanni hasn't been shown in quite a while, so it's good to see they remembered his Persian.;) OMG, has the unthinkable happened?! Brock ended the episode without flirting!:D ...Unfortunately, it doesn't last long.:( 9/10 from me; cat-lovers will worship this episode!:p

Yellow
4th December 2004, 6:20 PM
This episode was awesome! I really liked it, and Skitty learning Blizzard was needed for the contest next in Verdanturf Town.

Space Skitty
4th December 2004, 6:37 PM
^____^ Skitty & Delcatty kick... er, behind! Skitty was the cutest thing! It sounded so cute when it was losing its voice! The poor dear... Delcatty was awesome! It sounded really neat! It was also just great in battle! I'm glad to see Skitty learned Blizzard. That move should be useful in May's upcoming contest. Oh, and Brock... He's getting worse! XD At first I thought I was just thinking pervertively, but I'm not the only one who caught on to Brock's lines! XD Brock's really funny!

A great episode! Hehee... I even watched it with my Skitty plush! ^^ *Huggles the world's Skitties*

~*Aurora Wish*~
4th December 2004, 6:42 PM
I just saw it a while ago. 10/10!

Akane
4th December 2004, 6:48 PM
Yeah! This epsiode was so awesome. I loved it so much. Delcatty and Skitty were so great. Skitty is just so cute. Yay! Skitty learned Blizzard, wahoo. May will win her next contest with Skitty. I know she will. ^^ I liked at the end when May threw Skitty in the air she this pose in the air. Soo cute. Brock was funny in this epsiode. Max kept on dragging him away, lol. So yeah this epsiode was great!!!

Silver Ryu
4th December 2004, 6:57 PM
Skitty and Delcatty are so CUTE! ;300; ;301; :D

Well, this was a good episode! I thought that the Delcatty's nickname was weird! I just love seeing Skitty, it's just so adorable! ^^ I'm glad that May's going to use Skitty in a contest! And it was cool how it learned Blizzard.

Team Rocket was hilarious! What accent were they using? I couldn't tell. And Meowth in bandages was funny too! Delcatty did sound like a real cat! And I liked the tail juggling thing!

I give this episode an 8.5/10. At least the fillers aren't boring!

BTW, the guy with the Flygon looked a lot like Lance.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
4th December 2004, 7:06 PM
I thought Skitty sounded hilarious when it was first hit with poison tail, it sounded like it was really screaming XD. It was adorable, as always, especially with the juggling. Learning Blizzard was interesting, too.

Overall rating:
9.4 out of 10!!
Another excellent, high quality filler(well, Blizzard makes it a half filler)!!

SC~ out

Indigo
4th December 2004, 7:52 PM
Hmmm...

Pros:

-TR was SO FUNNY! Those voices...hilarious! Brings me back to the days of Mewtwo Strikes Back..."You vant to cross de river? Veal get you dere faster than you can zay farfignoogan!"--Jessie

-Brock was...inappropriate on so many different levels. But the Elvis thing was kind of interesting because this is a kids show...so I'm content. ^^

-Flygon...*drools.*

Cons:

-Johnny. WTF is up with that???? That Delcatty was obviously female!

-I didn't like May in this episode. I don't know why, I just didn't.

-So Johto...*yawns.*

Overall, 7/10. We've SEEN this before.

Pika Hikari KT
4th December 2004, 8:49 PM
Delcatty's nickname in the original was Joanie, BTW. They probably just mispronounced it.-_-;

Indigo
4th December 2004, 8:57 PM
Delcatty's nickname in the original was Joanie, BTW. They probably just mispronounced it.-_-;

Ah, yet another name screw-up made by 4Kids...

But I don't see how in the hell they could've thought that Delcatty was female! It practically screamed "Girl!" :p

Pinky the Mew
4th December 2004, 10:03 PM
Not every pokemon that looks "girly" should be a girl. That's just a stereotype! I mean look at Gardevior. It's not a female only species for some (strange) reason.

But yet another fabulous battle. Skitty is still a little weak on the edges of defense but oh, well. Delkatty's thunderbolt. Billirant just gorgeuos. I'm happy they didn't have a dub voice. It would have ruined it's image: "Del-katty katty katty kat" Sometimes 4kids just ruin things.

Since on the subject, what's a good level for Skitty to evolve

Gravy
4th December 2004, 10:52 PM
Not every pokemon that looks "girly" should be a girl.
Yes, but the animé usually tries to make it as obvious as possible when taking gender into account. And considering how people are surprised that its called 'Jonny' or whatever, I'm assuming it was portrayed as femenine. The animé is known for gender stereotypes when it comes to the pokémon themselves.

The Big Al
5th December 2004, 12:25 AM
A screw up is good enough once. Two was too much and they did it way more than once. Like I said Jonny WTF 0.o.

A lesson to all trainers, don't take on a Flygon you're first actual battle. Live and learn eh...though you need to LIVE to learn.

Indigo
5th December 2004, 12:27 AM
Yes, but the animé usually tries to make it as obvious as possible when taking gender into account. And considering how people are surprised that its called 'Jonny' or whatever, I'm assuming it was portrayed as femenine. The animé is known for gender stereotypes when it comes to the pokémon themselves.

Precisely my point. And even if it was a boy, you'd assume they'd make it more obvious. But I am almost convinced that it's a girl, just by the way it acts, talks, and yes, looks. I'm not saying that it isn't a boy, I'm just saying that the chances are very slim considering past episodes.

PDL
5th December 2004, 12:28 AM
that's just superb... my name is finally put into the anime and it's for a Delcatty D: D: D: *crys in shame*

The Big Al
5th December 2004, 1:14 AM
that's just superb... my name is finally put into the anime and it's for a Delcatty D: D: D: *crys in shame*

It's not all that bad man. The closest they've come to my name is Alexa and she was a woman.

Geodude
5th December 2004, 1:28 AM
It's not all that bad man. The closest they've come to my name is Alexa and she was a woman.

Apparently, the guy from the Shroomish ep was named Alex, although it wasn't mentioned in the show's actual dialogue. I've been told it showed up in the closed captioning.

Heracross
5th December 2004, 1:31 AM
I seem to remember his name being Alex too. Don't know where I heard it, but I remember it because Itsamike provided his voice.

The Big Al
5th December 2004, 1:37 AM
Okay, I stand corrected. Thanks guys.

Togemon
5th December 2004, 2:04 AM
Skitty officially creeps me out o_O I just thought of the devil when it learned Blizzard... I'm scared of that cat.
But did Brock actually mention being a Pokemon Breeder?? That's a good point he said something about it.
I give it a 6/10, it was ok, but not great.

PDL
5th December 2004, 2:06 AM
it doesn't help my situation though D:

Indigo
5th December 2004, 2:10 AM
it doesn't help my situation though D:

True, but at least your name showed up. I'm still awaiting my name debut(Rachel). Unless they've aired an episode with a character with that name and I'm unaware...I've heard Rochelle and I think there was a Raquel, but no Rachel. ;/

PDL
5th December 2004, 2:14 AM
maybe I'm just a little jealous because my sister's name has showed up in almost ever single episode since the second one D: (Jessie of Team Rocket D: )

Psychic Venusaur
5th December 2004, 4:55 AM
I was wondering why Delcatty was called Johnny. I thought it would be female, but ended up getting an impression of it being male.

Team Rocket was funny in this episode.

That fat lady with the Aron was scary. It's a good thing she wasn't the therapist.

It took Skitty two seconds to pull of a Blizzard, while it took episodes of intense training for Pikachu to master Iron Tail. I guess Skitty had a role model to look up with a free demonstration.

That guy eith Flygon looked kind of like Lance. Skitty versus Flygon. That makes for a heated battle...

This was a pretty good episode. 8/10

The Big Al
5th December 2004, 11:48 AM
Pikachu had Sentret. There goes your theory. They were just too cheap. Blizzard is a much stronger attack than Iron Tail too and Skitty has no where near the experience of Pikachu. This episode was just cheap. I mean, using a TM on the game takes longer.

Geodude
5th December 2004, 7:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with some Pokemon taking longer to learn certain attacks than others. It's just like us as humans: two people can have the same skill, but one may have needed to work much harder than the other to master it.

Indigo
5th December 2004, 8:05 PM
But Skitty's so playful and carefree...and then we have Pikachu who is willing to work his butt off for whatever Ash wants. It was a bit cheap, but hey. She needed to learn it before the contest in Verdanturf, which is what? Two episodes away? They had an excuse, but it was still pretty bad.

Geodude
5th December 2004, 8:11 PM
Being playful and carefree doesn't mean it can't also be a quick study.

Pinky the Mew
5th December 2004, 11:32 PM
Being playful and carefree doesn't mean it can't also be a quick study.

Yes, true, true Skitty And Pikachu have different personallities. But pay attention to this! Pikachu only had just a little while of personal tutoral from a pokemon (sentret). While Treeko and Skitty had more oppertunity to study. Plus, being a slow-minded and carefree person myself, I'm considered by my piers as very intellegent. Just because I don't look like it doesn't mean I don't pay attention to nothing at all.

Kamex
6th December 2004, 12:04 AM
Nevertheless, its weird to think about a Skitty learning Blizzard about 20 times as fast as Ash's Pikachu learning Iron Tail. And just about every other Pokemon with a tail that Ash and friends meet knows that attack all of a sudden.

This episode was nothing special, but it was interesting at times.

That fat lady in the beginning was freaking me out for a second, lucky she walked out a few seconds later.

Delcatty's name was Johnny, even though I thought it was a girl. But apparently it was supposed to be a girl, right?

I give this episode a 7/10.

Lindsay
6th December 2004, 12:32 AM
You can also take into a account that Pikachu isn't much of a physical fighter and Iron Tail is a pretty physical move. Skitty's used only physical attacks to besides the Assist Ember but even so she's a Normal type making it easier for her to go either way.

Pokemon Fan
6th December 2004, 2:24 AM
It's also concievable that Assist has something to do with the ease at which it learned Blizzard, as well as the great experience fo the Delcatty (Pokemon seem to learn faster when copying another Pokemon as they perform the move, especially if that Pokemon is very accomplished at that move), this was the legendary Coordinator after all. ^_^

But back to Assist, Skitty can concievably use any move when using it (provided another team member knows it). This would likely mean that Skitty in general can learn new attacks more easily and more quickly than most Pokemon. The same would go for Pokemon that naturally learn the move Mimic.

Having just won that battle with Ampharos, Skitty may have had a lot of experience energy it could burn learning a new move.

I wonder if that Flygon trainer WAS Lance? He gets around after all (though its hard to see him being that hard on someone so much weaker than him). ^_^

The variety of Delcatty's moves was great. I caught Iron Tail (attempted against Flygon), Safeguard, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Solarbeam and possibly Tackle (when its ramming the balloon basket).

It's too bad Delcatty are so weak in the games...

Geodude
6th December 2004, 2:48 AM
Now that I've seen the Flygon trainer again, there's no way it could have been Drake. He looks completely different.

Princess May
6th December 2004, 6:51 AM
It's also concievable that Assist has something to do with the ease at which it learned Blizzard, as well as the great experience fo the Delcatty (Pokemon seem to learn faster when copying another Pokemon as they perform the move, especially if that Pokemon is very accomplished at that move), this was the legendary Coordinator after all. ^_^

But back to Assist, Skitty can concievably use any move when using it (provided another team member knows it). This would likely mean that Skitty in general can learn new attacks more easily and more quickly than most Pokemon. The same would go for Pokemon that naturally learn the move Mimic.

i totally agree.

also, maybe Delcatty was a better teacher than Sentret. I mean it's probably easier for a Delcatty to teach a Skitty a move regardless, than a Sentret teaching a Pikachu a move. It's kinda like kittens seeing what their mother does and imitating it. Dont you think a cat can learn something faster from another cat than a mouse learning from a squirrel/furret(?).

Maybe Skitty could learn faster from a Delcatty because it is its breed or whatever and can somewhat relate.

Geodude
6th December 2004, 6:57 AM
Now that I've seen the dub ep, I agree with the hilarity of Jessie's line about the "bizarre yodelling accident". XD XD XD :D :D :D

The Big Al
6th December 2004, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry but learning a move you've never seen before until now in two seconds. Pikachu had seen Iron Tail before in Johto. He was also shown Iron Tail be Sentret. He technically knew about Iron Tail than Skitty even knew that Blizzard existed. Yet Pikachu had to to train to be able to use Iron Tail. Yet Skitty on her second try was able to do a perect Blizzard. :rolleyes: Is it just me are they making life WAY too easy on May. I bet Ash would have loved for things to have just fallen in place for him in Kanto.

EDIT: Yes the Yodeling accident was hilarious. You couldn't get much funnier than that. Wait, James in the dress and Jessie in the hiking outfit would be funnier.

Indigo
6th December 2004, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry but learning a move you've never seen before until now in two seconds. Pikachu had seen Iron Tail before in Johto. He was also shown Iron Tail be Sentret. He technically knew about Iron Tail than Skitty even knew that Blizzard existed. Yet Pikachu had to to train to be able to use Iron Tail. Yet Skitty on her second try was able to do a perect Blizzard. Is it just me are they making life WAY too easy on May. I bet Ash would have loved for things to have just fallen in place for him in Kanto.

I agree, but it's the animé. NOTHING makes sense.

But I have caught hints on them making life a bit too easy on May. Beating an Ampharos like that? Ash probably wouldn't have been able to with, say...Charmander. It would be around the same time. But he did "beat" Golem, so...

Sorry, I'm biased. I just am. I don't like May as much as Ash, and sometimes the things she does aren't too appealing to me. I want her to experience some of the things Ash did: having to make a life or death decision for the sake of your Pokémon(hell, Ash did that the first day, but they're different so a while from now, but I still want it), taking a Pokémon out a match early for concern for their welfare(Blaine battle...Pikachu...), and the parting with a friend. These are the things that May should experience in order to become a truly connected coordinator, and I think it'll help me and a few others like her a little more.

Geodude
8th December 2004, 5:24 AM
Beating an Ampharos like that? Ash probably wouldn't have been able to with, say...Charmander. It would be around the same time. But he did "beat" Golem, so...

A poorly trained Ampharos whose best Electric move was Thundershock? What exactly is the point of contention here?

Chris
10th December 2004, 9:55 PM
That would be correct. Mispronounciation. Because of that, they made it seem like they changed its gender. o_o

Heracross
11th December 2004, 5:02 AM
Yes, Joanie is a much better nickname, especially considering how feminine Delcatty acted. -_- And guys, if you think Skitty learned Blizzard too quickly just wait for the new dub episodes tomorrow. Skitty tries to use Blizzard at least once and fails, it's going to take time to perfect it to the point where she can use it on command, just like Pikachu and Treecko learning their attacks.

The Big Al
11th December 2004, 12:23 PM
Can someone answer this? How can massage cure smoke inhalation(sp?)?

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
11th December 2004, 3:11 PM
Well, I guess it forces it out, much like a Heimlich. Just a guess.

SC~ out

The Big Al
11th December 2004, 11:54 PM
You use the Heimlich to force out a solid. It can't cure smoke inhalation. I guess we'll never know how it works. *shrugs*

Chris
11th December 2004, 11:57 PM
It would be relaxing the muscles. Believe me, massages can cause your whole body to relax quite well and get rid of anything that's been building up inside of you. I've had one and trips to the bathroom were not pleasant. >_o

The Big Al
12th December 2004, 12:01 AM
What the heck are you talking about. I agree that the massage relaxed Skitty's muscles. However, that doesn't erase the fact that she was suffering from Smoke inhalation. Let out tensions won't get the soot out of her system.

Heracross
12th December 2004, 12:45 AM
Well, it could have helped her relax and dislodge some of the smoke particles that were stuck in her lungs. It also could have helped open up the air passages to help her breathe easier.

Chris
12th December 2004, 12:49 AM
What the heck are you talking about. I agree that the massage relaxed Skitty's muscles. However, that doesn't erase the fact that she was suffering from Smoke inhalation. Let out tensions won't get the soot out of her system.
It's not just your muscles. It relaxes the whole body and allows everything in your body to flow better and anything bad that's been in your body can come out.

wobbanut
3rd January 2005, 9:18 PM
Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated. I find it funny that 4kids has no problem with sexual innuendo implied, yet if anything is SHOWN they have to cut up and butcher the scenes.

I know, I watched the episode again just yesterday on my tape, and I can't believe I missed that line the first time around. I was like, WHOA, they let that get past the censors?!? Maybe not the heart practically pounding out of his chest, but that "rock and roll" line certainly got my attention. :o

Shiny May
6th January 2005, 1:44 PM
sweet how Delcatty teaches Skitty how to use blizzard and fails the first time and does it right the next time !! Delcatty also looks really cute!

Also a nice story she told about how once her Skitty got hurt and she learned those techniques and nice to see how Skitty evolved into Delcatty! A good ep imo

Blazing Charmander
16th January 2005, 2:57 PM
I saw this episode this morning and thought it was really good. I liked it when Skitty learned Blizzard. It was really powerful against TR.

And talking of Team Rocket, they really seemed to stay strong instead of blasting off straight away. Or maybe that was because Pikachu didn't blast them off straight away. Abbey's Skitty (Jonny) evolving into a Delcatty was really good too.

Flygon's cameo apperance was awesome, how it was kept in the shadows to put some mystery behind its identity. That attack it made was ultra-powerful.

Rating:9/10
There's always room for improvements in everything.

Torkoal Stu
16th January 2005, 7:36 PM
I saw this episode this morning and thought it was really good. I liked it when Skitty learned Blizzard. It was really powerful against TR.

And talking of Team Rocket, they really seemed to stay strong instead of blasting off straight away. Or maybe that was because Pikachu didn't blast them off straight away. Abbey's Skitty (Jonny) evolving into a Delcatty was really good too.

Flygon's cameo apperance was awesome, how it was kept in the shadows to put some mystery behind its identity. That attack it made was ultra-powerful.

Rating:9/10
There's always room for improvements in everything.

yep, i agree, but Skitty lernt a move too quickly because it took agges before pikachu could use iron tail and treeco could use bullet seed and swellow could use airial ace!

The Big Al
16th January 2005, 7:46 PM
I thought it was already brought up that learning a move in two seconds was unreasonable. Oh well, I guess you have to keep the thread alive.

Factory Head Noland
16th January 2005, 7:52 PM
I saw this episode this morning! It is a great episode!
I liked it when Jonny used Iron Tail, it looked so cool (I love Iron Tail).
Maybe Blizzard isn't as hard to master as Iron Tail, Bullet Seed or Aerial Ace...
I really like Delcatty! It's so kawaii! I liked the info on the Pokemon Contests that was given, only a little bit but still good. I hope May gets a Ribbon Cup someday...

Overall 8/10

The Big Al
16th January 2005, 7:57 PM
Blizzard is far more powerful and more complicated than any of those attacks. Anyway, that arguement is long dead.

Though, I'm waiting to see a Raichu use Iron Tail.

Factory Head Noland
16th January 2005, 8:01 PM
Okay....I thought it was funny that Jonny was teaching Skitty Blizzard in the middle of a battle with Team Rocket, lol ^_^
I thought it was so funny when Cacnea got hit with Solarbeam and it rolled backwards off the rock, lol. This episode was actually really good...

Sharpshooter
16th January 2005, 8:05 PM
I thought it was already brought up that learning a move in two seconds was unreasonable. Oh well, I guess you have to keep the thread alive.

That's cause it was aired in the UK today for the first time, so it's natural to have an influx of people coming in to talk about it, not everybody on this board is American you know :P

Screw I missed it, too busy having a lie in, get's repeated on saturday morning anyways.

Controller of Flames
16th January 2005, 8:07 PM
Really I think this episode Is making fun of obiese women (The fat women walking out of the clinic with an arron)

Also the guy with a flygon looked like Lance....

The Big Al
17th January 2005, 12:31 AM
Oh, yeah, duh. I thought it had been a little earilier.

Torkoal Stu
18th January 2005, 7:17 PM
i figered out the thing with the moves

pikachu-used iron tail and failed once then used it right then kept failing

the same with treeco and that is the same as skitty because skitty failed then used it then but fails in the next contest!

Squeaky Yugi
15th February 2005, 3:00 AM
Why did the doctor agree to let her Skitty evolve? Skitty is so much cuter, and it occurred to me that maybe Delcatty would take some time to get used to its new body. Personally, I'd rather have 2 Skittys than a Skitty and a Delcatty

Pokemon Fan
16th February 2005, 2:22 AM
Why did the doctor agree to let her Skitty evolve? Skitty is so much cuter, and it occurred to me that maybe Delcatty would take some time to get used to its new body. Personally, I'd rather have 2 Skittys than a Skitty and a Delcatty
The doctor gave her the Moonstone, and given how rare and valuable they are its not something you'd reject. And the Skitty had no problem with evolving so there you have it, Delcatty. Cuteness isn't everything after all.

And she only had one Skitty and then one Delcatty when it evolved, I;m not sure what you meant by "a Skitty and a Delcatty."

<><><>

And can't we just accept that it learned the move Blizzard easily because it was being taught by a Master Coordinator and copying an extremely experienced Delcatty. It's not as though it mastered the move, when it tries again later it fails.

grovile
26th August 2005, 8:16 PM
A Booring episode i no like this episode.
3/10

Geki
30th August 2005, 11:36 PM
I liked this episode. Dr. Abby was pretty cool, and I liked how her Delcatty had Thunder and Blizzard, you don't ever see that in the anime. Seeing how Abby's Skitty get defeated by Lance and his Flygon was priceless too.

7/10

Ashy Boy
16th July 2006, 2:05 PM
Jessie really messed up big time. She was smiling even when she was shocked by Pikachu's attack.

Nekagi
28th September 2008, 8:08 PM
( First post in 2 years )

This has to be one of the best Hoenn episodes I've ever watched.

However, I find Seviper to be SO annoying in that episode, considering that it was its fault for knocking Skitty into Torkoal, causing the Live Coal Pokemon to expel smoke in self-defense and getting said smoke into Skitty's lungs.

But the bright side is, we meet Dr. Abby, who happens to be a LEGENDARY Coordinator, and one of the coolest Pokemon belonging to a Character Of The Day ever, a Delcatty named Joanie ! I was so impressed by Joanie's moveset, that I always teach my Delcatty in Emerald Thunderbolt, Blizzard, and Assist.

The Doubleslap demonstration with Skitty flailing its forelegs was so cute. ^^

If I may repeat myself, This has to be one of the best Hoenn episodes I've ever watched.

HoennMaster
29th September 2008, 6:50 AM
( First post in 2 years )

Was it necessary to point out the obvious?

But the bright side is, we meet Dr. Abby, who happens to be a LEGENDARY Coordinator, and one of the coolest Pokemon belonging to a Character Of The Day ever, a Delcatty named Joanie ! I was so impressed by Joanie's moveset, that I always teach my Delcatty in Emerald Thunderbolt, Blizzard, and Assist.

Its name is Johnny

However, I find Seviper to be SO annoying in that episode, considering that it was its fault for knocking Skitty into Torkoal.

Your annoyed by it because of that? Yeah, that makes so much sense.

CyberCubed
29th September 2008, 7:16 AM
This episode always made me want to see May with a Delcatty. Sad that it never happened, and even when she came back for DP she still had Skitty.

May seems to have evolved all of her pokemon except for Munchlax and Skitty. She needs to find a Moonstone somewhere.

Tadashi
9th October 2008, 2:54 AM
-That was an interesting title introduction by Ash. It was edgy, said pretty much the same way the original saying would've been said in a convo.

-A lot of Old School goodness from Team Rocket. Persian, the Eevees... And they all were contained in some funny dialogue!

*Cacnea Hugs*
"James: Ow! Yes, I love you too!"

I agree with all these statements. Love those old school tidbits ^___^

I found it quite odd that Skitty can learn Blizzard... really I did. But now I've come to love that move ^_^ I wish I could say it's special, but now we have Buneary & Ice Beam... *sigh*

Ah well, a fair episode just the same.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 7:06 AM
Just another filler where Team Rocket tries to catch a Pokemon. Skitty is cute, though.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 12:45 PM
it's a filler but it was fun to watch, i'd say a 8/10 would do nice.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 3:14 AM
I like cat Pokemon, this episode was good...i liked Delcatty

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 5:43 PM
Great episode, i loved how Skitty managed to learn a new move.
And Delcatty was cute.

Lorde
11th December 2009, 4:41 PM
Glad we got to meet a famous Coordinator for once; all of the others were just beginners like May was at that point. I was also glad to see Drew and Flygon in that flashback scene, though they didn't appear together until late Hoenn I believe. I also like how they turned Delcatty's debut into a teaching experience for both May and her Skitty. 6/10, cool episode.

saar
6th July 2010, 1:29 PM
Delcatty had many moves. I wish they had it teached some more moves so Skitty would have gotten stronger. At least Snow, which is only one move.

Also, I wonder who was the Flygon trainer.

KGB13
9th August 2010, 7:53 AM
The only thing I liked about this episode was Johnny the Delcatty and Dr. Abby, that's about it.

OK episode.

G50
3rd March 2011, 5:56 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see Delcatty for the 1st time. It was great to see Skitty learning how to use Blizzard, a very powerful move. Covet is a really cool move that the Delcatty uses. It was cool to see Kirlia and Flygon in flashbacks, plus what the Grand Festival Trophy looks like. It was great to see A Moon Stone reference since it has been mention in a long time.

30/100

THa pkmn masta
3rd March 2011, 6:00 AM
i like it its kewl

Vernikova
3rd July 2012, 6:01 PM
Joanie was a pretty cool Pokemon. Certainly better than all of the other Pokemon on the main cast at this point. It's too bad that Abby couldn't show up again since she was a pretty interesting character.

7threst
29th September 2012, 9:14 AM
This episode was alright in some ways. I liked how the focus was laid on May and her Skitty and I thought Team Rocket disguising themselves in those Austrian clothes was hilarious. It was also cool to see a grand festival winner and her Delcatty and Skitty learning Blizzard.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 1:53 AM
I personally think this is one of AG's better fillers. Team Rocket started with a good old pitfall trap, always good. And Dr. Abby was really cool, it was fun to see Delcatty, I used to like that Pokemon a lot some years ago, and it was just cool to see Delcatty and Skitty work together later in the episode, and to see how Skitty learns Blizzard. 7/10 for an okay episode.

PokemontrainerY
2nd December 2013, 11:54 AM
"Delcatty Got Your Tongue"? Seriously? 4kids should've came with a better dub title for this episode.

Anyway, this was an OK episode. It's good to see May meeting Dr. Abby, who was Pokémon a doctor and also a coordinator that made it to the Master Rank in the past, she was kinda cute. As usual, Brock tried to flirt with her.... but Max pulled him away.

It's kind of random how Dr. Abby knew that May's Skitty could learn Blizzard just by seeing her Delcatty Johnny use the move. All May had to do was tell Skitty to use Blizzard and what you know? May's Skitty learned Blizzard! Skitty learning Blizzard like that reminds me of the episode where Brock's Lotad evolved all of sudden.

Team Rocket were annoying as always. This time they tried to steal both Skitty and Delcatty, but plan backfired and they got blasted off Again.

Nekagi
16th August 2014, 11:24 PM
This episode just made Skitty and Delcatty, a couple of Pokemon from the lower tiers, look awesome. If only Game Freak didn't make their stats so abysmal...

Painkiller2001
4th November 2014, 3:19 AM
It was funny how Brock could sense when someone was attractive just by their voice. :)