PDA

View Full Version : Disaster of Disguise! (337)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:32 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/337.jpgDisaster of Disguise

After getting some Contest tips, May & Co. arrive in Verdanturf Town and meet up with a Masked-trainer and his Dusclops. He intends to participate in the contest, but his mom wont let him. Will he be able to participate?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/337.shtml)

Discuss

Yellow
28th November 2004, 4:43 AM
His mom is retarded if she won't let him compete. I hop he kicks May's A*s. [I HATE May]

ŁańkaŃ
29th November 2004, 1:13 PM
Well, this should be intresting since i can't wait to see how funny it will be for the part of the Mom yelling alot at her son...and i'd like to here her speech on hating pokemon.

Torkoal Stu
1st December 2004, 9:54 AM
This episode looks great. I mean contest episodes are usually a good standard, is Drew is this episode by any chance?

Chris
1st December 2004, 10:40 AM
Yes, Shuu (Drew) is in this episode. And he gets WHOOPED badly. :x Not a bad debut for Dusclops, either.

Alfonso
9th December 2004, 5:49 PM
Yes, Shuu (Drew) is in this episode. And he gets WHOOPED badly. :x Not a bad debut for Dusclops, either.

Just a little more info: Shuu gets beaten by The Phantom Coordinator at the start of this Contest Two Parter. He's then seen in the crowd when May is battling said Coordinator.

The Big Al
9th December 2004, 6:27 PM
Is it just me or is this a guy a knock off on Tuxedo Mask?

Alfonso
9th December 2004, 6:33 PM
Is it just me or is this a guy a knock off on Tuxedo Mask?

...If he is, he's certainly cooler than Tuxedo Mask. But I hate Tuxedo Mask, so... yeah. Regardless, he looks... cool? (And Slashable. But all good looking guys on Pokemon are slashable in my opinion.)

Anyway, we know he has one fan... *points to Brawly's bathroom, where a certain fangirl is most likely watching him take a shower* ^_~

The Big Al
9th December 2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the Dusclops Mask makes him look more menacing and mysterious than the whatever TM wore. Still, Top Hat, cape, I think he even had the cane. He looks like he's ready for a night on the town more than a contest.

The Big Al
11th December 2004, 2:41 PM
Man Team Rocket's motto sequence was a real rip on Sailor Moon (especially Wobbafett blating through the moon.)

What happened to that woman? It's like she just grew wider and not any taller.

Grim is the perfect name for the family considering the father and son train Ghost types.

THey had to make Ash a moron again. He knows that normal attacks don't work on Ghost's but what does he do? -_-

CyberCubed
11th December 2004, 2:41 PM
Ah, this was a great ep. What a way to start it off with Drew being utterly beaten by Dusclops.

I also liked Dusclops battle with Pikachu, too bad it was interrupted. For some reason this episode reminded me of a Kanto episode, which of course is a good thing. We got a nice backstory on Timmy's problem, along with seeing Duskull for pretty much the first non-cameo time.

The ending was hilarious with Brock as the phantom, especially when TR were trying to pull it off, and Jessie's line "What did he glue it to his head?" was great. :D

And the Trainers Choice was actually right this time! Could this be finally a nice start? Can't wait to see the contest, the ending fiery theme has me ready.

The Big Al
11th December 2004, 2:45 PM
Yeah, this was a great episode in terms of the depth. It's better than some of the psuedo-Johtos we got early in the season.

That Dusclops had some mad skills. Judging by Timmy's (I mean the Phantom's) way of battling, I think he'd make a better battler than a co-ordinator.

I'm glad Drew got put in his place once again.

V Faction
11th December 2004, 2:55 PM
-I liked the constant abuse of Ash by Mrs. Grim. A real "Corphish Moment" for Ash XP

-Hey, they kept Dusclops's voice from Wish Maker. Very nice.

-Pikachu vs. Dusclops was great, for as short as it was. I always love greatly animated battles.

-Jessie's dream sequence was... very nice, indeed.

-I loved Thomas's voice. He sounded half-asleep, half-bored all the time. Does he need to take some medication?

-Mrs. Grim is SCARY.

-I too noticed the TR Sailor Moon mockery. Wobbuffet through moon = Priceless.

-I wish we could've seen more of The Phantom Brock Coordinator :(

Th' Duck
11th December 2004, 3:03 PM
it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia *groans* is it just me, or do all of the dub episode titles have bad puns in them? e.g. Exploud and Clear (loud and clear), Gulpin it down (gulping it down) *groans*

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
11th December 2004, 3:10 PM
Oh well. At least there's originality. Look at Kanto. "Ash catches a Pokémon!", "Abra and the Psychic Pokémon". Need I go on? OK< I thought this was a good episode. Drew was beaten to a pulp, and the Duskull and Timmy story was very touching. Skitty was loavable as always, and it looks as though we'll be seeing Dustox again!!! Wobuffet was funny with the moon thing. I didn't know it was a rip-off, but I don't care as long as it's funny!!

Overall rating:
8.8 out of 10!!!
A superior precontest episode(as opposed to "Delcatty got your Tongue?"). Hoenn officially rocks:D!!

SC~ out

CyberCubed
11th December 2004, 3:24 PM
it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia *groans* is it just me, or do all of the dub episode titles have bad puns in them? e.g. Exploud and Clear (loud and clear), Gulpin it down (gulping it down) *groans*

Considering the pun titles started around the 8th KANTO GYM, I don't know why you're complaining about it 7 years later. Get over it. :/

Robert
11th December 2004, 4:55 PM
This episode was pretty good, there was some humor and more depth than usual. There were some moments that seemed prolonged, but I still approve of this.

PDL
11th December 2004, 5:21 PM
the only thing I didn't like about the episode is that Meowth said "Bling Bling"

what the hell

other then that, it was a very good episode :D

Heracross
11th December 2004, 5:34 PM
Meowth said Bling Bling? That's just wrong... I really wish I had been able to see the dub version of this, I slept straight through it.:p Even though 4kids ruins the music and such it is at least in a language that I understand. Oh well, this was really a good episode, I thought it was hilarious how Timmy's mother kept shaking Ash and he got all dizzy.XD The plot was original, and it was a pretty good story, it really makes you want to see what happens in the next episode.

Space Skitty
11th December 2004, 5:35 PM
I thought it was a funny (and a violent) episode! Mrs. Grim sorta reminded me of some fat girls at my school! XP The Ash abuse was funny; as was Wobbuffet flying threw the moon! XD I'm surprised Mrs. Grim feel for the gang's trick. You could just hear it in their voices that they were faking it! X) I really liked this episode! Brock was also funny!

The Big Al
11th December 2004, 10:07 PM
Mrs. Grim reminds me of my Grandparents. It's a long story an kind of off topic.

Medea
11th December 2004, 11:41 PM
Meowth said Bling Bling? That's just wrong... I really wish I had been able to see the dub version of this, I slept straight through it. Even though 4kids ruins the music and such it is at least in a language that I understand.
You know that is true. But even more so, it is kind of weird to hear the words Bling Bling come out of Meowth.

Psychic Venusaur
12th December 2004, 12:20 AM
Timmy's mom was annoying. Timmy's dad was cool.

Phantom sort of reminded me of one episode of Medabots with Phantom Renegade. Renegade had an injury on his forehead, which could have been used to find his identity. It's kind of like Timmy's cut. They're both masked "phantoms" as well.

Too bad Drew got rejected by Dusclops. Nice way to start the episode.

I wasn't sure that Meowth said "bling bling". I thought he did, but I thought that maybe I heard wrong. I guess I heard right. I'm not that surprised Meowth would say something like that.

8.9/10

Chris
12th December 2004, 12:25 AM
Anyone notice that when the Rocket Gangs did their motto in the first part of the Phantom episodes, they dressed EXACTLY like Tuxedo Kamen (Tuxedo Mask) from Sailor Moon? Even Sonansu busting through the moon was indication enough. XD

Geodude
12th December 2004, 1:21 AM
THey had to make Ash a moron again. He knows that normal attacks don't work on Ghost's but what does he do? -_-

I thought the implication was pretty clear that Ash simply didn't know at the time that Dusclops was a Ghost type.

Meowth: "Some major bling-bling goin' on!"

Yep, he did say that word.

The Big Al
12th December 2004, 1:28 AM
Anyone notice that when the Rocket Gangs did their motto in the first part of the Phantom episodes, they dressed EXACTLY like Tuxedo Kamen (Tuxedo Mask) from Sailor Moon? Even Sonansu busting through the moon was indication enough. XD

I think I mentioned that earilier. Yes, they ripped on Sailor Moon bad. (Card Captor Sakura AND Sailor Moon, it looks like Pokemon has decided to declare war on Shoujo.)

Kamex
12th December 2004, 1:31 AM
I didn't notice Meowth say "Bling-bling". Whatever, I guess I just didn't notice.

Drew didn't get to try to hog the spotlight in this contest, because Dusclops put his Roselia in bad condition. I like Drew, but seeing him lose was kinda fulfilling, in a way.

I liked "The Phantom". I especially liked his costume. His Dusclops mask reminded me of that skull mask Ash once wore to scare Misty and Brock close to the beginning of the episode, "The Tower of Terror".

Timmy's mom was too strict. And she somehow got very chubby after all these years. His dad was cool, he used to be The Phantom. And then he helped his son out. Did anybody else notice that his hairstyle was exactly like Max's? Except the gray hair, of course.

Brock disguising himself as The Phantom was hilarious. And he wouldn't let James fish his mask off. Jessie said something like, "What did he do, glue that thing to his head?"

Yeah, this episode was nice. 8/10.

Geodude
12th December 2004, 3:15 AM
The group's bad acting during their little scheme was hilarious. Bet the VAs had fun with that. :D

http://members.shaw.ca/shinygeodude/screens/teamrocket/ag61tuxedos.jpg

Yep, definitely a Sailor Moon parody. :D

Cloud Strife
12th December 2004, 8:04 AM
What is this, a good episode again, I forgot what these were like (and would forget again once the next epi airred) it had been 3 weeks since a good episode had been on. This was funny, and charming, good music, good battles, nice story, just a good episode.
8.3/10

CyberCubed
12th December 2004, 4:57 PM
I find it funny that you hate half of Hoenn yet keep watching.

The Big Al
12th December 2004, 5:24 PM
Hope springs eternal. Not to mention there are real gems of episodes (like this one) just as there are some duds.

Yellow
12th December 2004, 7:27 PM
I really loved this episode. It was the best episode I've seen in a long time. Timmy was pretty cool and his Dusclops owned Pikachu in that battle. His mom was kind of mean and ''over'' strict.

Pokemon Fan
13th December 2004, 12:03 AM
it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia
Well it makes sense considering how it works in the games too. It is a bunch of dark energy that inflicts the Burn status. As I recall it would go like this in the games.

Dusclops used Will-O-Wisp!

Roselia was Burned!

Roselia was hurt by Burn! *HP falls*

They just went right ahead and had Roselia immediately suffer damage since turns don't really occur in the anime. ^_^

I was disappointed by how short the battle between Dusclops and Pikachu was, but overall it was a okay episode. I wondered how they would do Normal attacks not effecting Dusclops as it seems so solid. It's certainly different from the Gastly line, where they've always had the Pokemon just pass through them. Brock's and the group's little farce really made the episode though!

*Seviper wraps Phantom Brock*
Phantom Brock: "Get this thing off of me!"

*Ash tells Pikachu to attacks but stops as he realizes he could hurt Brock, May then orders her Pokemon to attack and Brock blasts off*
May: "Oh no! Brock I'm sorry!"

Brock had some funny and clever lines, it was nice to see his goofiness concerning something other than girls.

Indigo
13th December 2004, 12:35 AM
Hmmm...

--First thing's first. The Ash abuse was HILARIOUS! I laughed my aching butt off(had a nasty fall on my tush the other day ^^()). I wish they do this more often.
--God, this episode was so KANTO! I'm lovin' it! :D
--I thought Meowth's "bling bling" comment was funny. First it's that, then "Disguise Da Limit"...4Kids is going ghetto! :p
--Timmy...was...spectacular. What a great character. This is the creativity we want in one-shot characters! This is like...Gizelle material! Maybe even up to A.J.'s standards.

This episode was just great. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME filler. Big, fat, 8.5/10

Cloud Strife
13th December 2004, 3:16 AM
I find it funny that you hate half of Hoenn yet keep watching.

I watch only because of the other half, it is worth it to watch all of it to watch the ones I enjoy. Crap like the next episode and the Torkoal capture episode just happens to be thrown in there. But few episodes are as bad as those 2 were.

Chris
13th December 2004, 3:49 AM
How in the world was the Torkoal capture episode in any way bad? e_e

Geodude
13th December 2004, 6:30 AM
Indeed. If you think the Torkoal capture episode was crap, there can be only one of two scenarios:

-your standards for good episodes are either way too high or seriously twisted

-you didn't even see it

Hales
13th December 2004, 6:16 PM
So what was the Ash bashing all about? I mean I don't like Ash bashing but I'm game to hear about it!

Tamer Zack
13th December 2004, 11:01 PM
What was ther TC for this episode because I fell a sleep and won't be able to watch the encore this Friday.

Geodude
13th December 2004, 11:34 PM
So what was the Ash bashing all about? I mean I don't like Ash bashing but I'm game to hear about it!

This kind of Ash bashing was physical, and it was dealt by Mrs. Grim. :p

Cloud Strife
14th December 2004, 1:51 AM
Indeed. If you think the Torkoal capture episode was crap, there can be only one of two scenarios:

-your standards for good episodes are either way too high or seriously twisted

-you didn't even see it

You saw all my things on "All Torkoal No Play" so clearly I saw the episode.
I had many things against it. I saw the thing, I just did not find it good at all, I actually saw it as the worst Hoenn period, worst capture episode period, and probably bottom 5 for the whole series. I can't think of one redeemable element of that episode. It is my opinion, even if it is "twisted" I saw it.

Hales
14th December 2004, 4:17 AM
This kind of Ash bashing was physical, and it was dealt by Mrs. Grim. :p
Actually now that you mention it when I read the summary to that he was being bashed... okay so on that note... hee... wish I'd seen it, I'm in America now so I could have watched it :(

meggirl63
14th December 2004, 1:50 PM
This was a good episode, especially for the Phantom part. If he was real, I'd go out with him. hehehehehehe Oh, I can see that deep beneath Timmy's costume he's still a good boy. I like that!

Gravy
14th December 2004, 2:47 PM
Eh, the worst capture episodes were easily the Noctowl and Phanpy (if you can consider that a capture) ones. Those two were 'put-someone-to-sleep' material in the purest form~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/masatotofuture.jpg

Why wasn't this episode entitled 'Max to the future!' or something along those lines?! Pfft, talk about missed opportunities, ne? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the Phantom's father could easily pass a a future Masato. They look so similar its scary 0.o;

That Scary Clefairy
14th December 2004, 2:58 PM
now that you mention it, you're right! It scary! LOL.

Akane
18th December 2004, 7:37 PM
I taped this epsiode(I didn't want to get up). It was so great. I loved it. Drew got beat big time. I felt sorry for him. His Rosella had no chance of beating Timmy's Dusclops. I liked it when Brock dressed up as the Phantom. He was funny. And when Mewoth said "Bling, Bling"-Soo great. Timmy's mom was mean, but his father was so cool. I can't believe Mrs. Grim shook Ash. He got dizzy. May had to open her big mouth. Luckly Mrs Grim didn't found out that Timmy was the Phantom. They acted it prefectly. Yep I enjoyed this epsiode very much. Looking forward of May and Timmy compete each other.

Pokemon Fan
19th December 2004, 10:42 PM
Not to go too far off topic but...

You saw all my things on "All Torkoal No Play" so clearly I saw the episode.
I had many things against it. I saw the thing, I just did not find it good at all, I actually saw it as the worst Hoenn period, worst capture episode period, and probably bottom 5 for the whole series. I can't think of one redeemable element of that episode. It is my opinion, even if it is "twisted" I saw it.
But you never gave any discernable reasons, you simply kept remarking how awful it was without saying why. That's the main reason people take issue with those words. The episode had a nice plot, Steelix had an actual character, the animation and battle were quite well done, not to mention Skarmory and Steelix got to keep their Japanese voices. Team Rocket didn't have their usual cliched role either, they just got bashed around for most of the episode.

Eh, the worst capture episodes were easily the Noctowl and Phanpy (if you can consider that a capture) ones. Those two were 'put-someone-to-sleep' material in the purest form~
But you got to love Noctowl hypnotizing Ash into thinking a big rock was Pikachu. ^_^

Eileen
19th December 2004, 10:53 PM
Very exciting episode, but why would a parent wouldn't allow a child to play with a pokemon? isn't that cruel.. ~_~

anyways, it was a very good episode. and interesting...

slysunshine
25th December 2004, 4:48 AM
I saw the second half of this episode, and from what I saw it was great. I loved how Brock dressed up as the Phantom. ^_^ May was cute, and I was sad to hear how Drew got beat. lol I wish I could remember more of this episode.

Super Gullwing
16th January 2005, 3:38 AM
Yay! It was on today! Before I missed it.
*wahhhhhh*

Factory Head Noland
23rd January 2005, 3:35 PM
I saw this ep this morning! It was actually quite a good episode....
It was so funny when Mrs. Grim was shaking Ash and Pikachu! And it was great seeing May doing some training with Skitty (it will get better at juggling! ^_^).
I can't wait for "Disguise Da Limit" next Sunday!!

Moonlight
23rd January 2005, 5:30 PM
A good episode. Nice storyline, and another fat cheeky mother oO. I like the Phantom Coordinator title. 8/10.

Blaziken's Emberz
23rd January 2005, 5:32 PM
This episode was great. It had some faults here and there, but nonetheless, a good epi. Who knew a Dusclops would be that strong?

: PMD :

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd January 2005, 5:43 PM
It was so funny when Mrs. Grim was shaking Ash and Pikachu! And it was great seeing May doing some training with Skitty (it will get better at juggling! ^_^).
Don't. It's the worst Hoenn episode yet, if not the worst overall. Don't get your hopes up.

SC~ out

Torkoal Stu
23rd January 2005, 6:02 PM
Great ep! i liked brock being the phantom! also Drew lost the Phantom is one heck of an coordinator.

Blaziken Trainer
23rd January 2005, 6:05 PM
I liked this episode,but they have aired it at LEAST 5x.IT seems to come on every week,but It was a good Episode.

Torkoal Stu
24th January 2005, 8:23 PM

You watch the eps in the uk right well i check the tv guide and looked at skyone for next sundays episode and it said the ep was "What you seed is what you get! and I was like "WTF!!!!!!" it was either wrong or they are not showing it!

Super Gullwing
29th January 2005, 11:38 PM
Hey, I watched the eppisode again and noticed that the regi music played during Ash and Timmy's battle.

Mysty
30th March 2005, 1:43 AM
YOu guys all think this is a knockoff of Tuxedo Mask, but htre episode is somewhat spoofing the Phantom of the Opera. Timmy isn't deformed, Timmy isn't dropping chandeliers on anyone, but he is rather based off good old Erik. I love seeing the pics from this episode. I'm a crazy Phantom Phan, so this naturally makes my good list.

Emma Iveli
31st March 2005, 2:08 AM
Well otgher than Tuxido Mask, Phantom spoofed Kodachi from a Ranma 1/2 a little (the gust with the black rose petals). Then again an anime I like spoofing another anime I like is pretty funny.

vulpix
31st March 2005, 8:29 PM
i can tell you one thing... it sounds so funny when Meowth say "bling bling"

Torkoal Stu
31st March 2005, 8:32 PM
i can tell you one thing... it sounds so funny when Meowth say "bling bling"

Yeah ir does! But Vulpix you suddenly appearing on every episode! Its cool but I was wondering that younhave suddenly started to post everywhere.

zim
20th May 2005, 4:38 PM
Its tommrow its come to Denmark and i hope its a good EP

Geki
16th August 2005, 2:47 AM
I liked the episode. Timmy and Dusclops were cool, it would have been cool if the battle between Dusclops and Pikachu was extended a bit though. Timmy's Mother was such a control freak, like my Dad but she's not as bad.

7/10

wobbanut
27th September 2005, 6:36 PM
I liked Timmy, he was one of the better guest stars they've had on the show, and he had a great backstory. :) I liked both parts of this contest episode, because it had a really compelling story with the mom who didn't want her son to be involved with pokemon, and the dad and the twerps trying to make things work out for Timmy. Brock disguising himself as the Phantom was funny (especially when he stumbled as he made his getaway), and it's interesting how Team Rocket nearly unmasked him. It was also great to see Drew again. :D

8/10

ShinyManafi
25th December 2006, 6:03 AM
Very good episode, it was very interesting and Brock dressing up as the "Phantom" was funny :D. Still, it was awesome to see a Dusclops

Super Gullwing
26th December 2006, 12:12 AM
Hmmm. This still one of my favourite episodes. I wish I had it on DVD. It helped me overcome my fear of Dusclops... cuz when I heard it's voice in the Jirachi movie, I was scared of it...XD
Yeah, and whenever I see a black rose I squeal. XD

Battra
4th June 2007, 5:44 PM
A good episode nice to see May using her new Pokemon in order to try to win her 2nd ribbon. Duskull & Dusclops are 2 of my favorite Pokemon nice to see they made more than just a cameo appearance in the series, as for Timmy to bad he has such a overbearing mother that doesn't allow him to participate in what he wants to do. It's nice to see Ash and the gang put on a little show in order to fool Timmy's mom in to thinking he's not the Phantom, Brock looked funny in the Phantom Disguise I got a laugh out of it. As for Timmy's mom see looked good when she was younger to bad she let herself go.

HelloKitty17
18th July 2007, 6:45 AM
Must have sucked for Drew to get a taste of his own medicine like that. He's usually the one calling the shots, owning the battles, and doing the name-calling. It's funny to see the tables turned. I also love how when they talk about the Phantom beating Drew, Ash is 100% confident that he could beat him no problem. xD

zeno48
18th July 2007, 6:47 AM
I didn't enjoy this episode but it was okay.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 7:40 AM
That is rather silly. Not being aloud to be in a contest because his mom won't let him? I didn't like the mom very much for being silly like that.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 11:40 AM
dominating moms, meh it's so annoying-_-
it was a decent episode for the rest.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:17 PM
Dusclops is so cool, i love this episode

Ash-kid
13th January 2010, 11:53 AM
It was a great episode.

Dusclops was very strong, I really like it.

7/10

Lorde
23rd February 2010, 11:24 PM
Wow, seeing Drew and Roselia getting beat by Timmy in his phantom suit was really sad to watch. Drew always seemed so unbeatable in the past. I thought it was very cute that May was worried about him and Roselia at the Pokemon Center.

I was glad that Skitty was getting better at perfecting it's newest move, Blizzard. It seems like a lot for such a little Pokemon though. And that juggling routine they practiced was so cute, but then Timmy arrived with his Dusclops literally out of nowhere just to ruin the moment! Nice to see Shadow Punch for the first time, even Pikachu got hit, which isn't a good sign seeing as Pikachu is usually quick at dodging.

Timmy's mom sure was a slave-driver, she only wanted him to study and not have fun. Kinda sad that he lived in such a beautiful mansion but that he couldn't really appreciate it too much. I'm glad this Coordinator got a backstory at least, unlike the previous rival May faced in Fallarbor :S 5/10

Willow's Tara
7th May 2010, 1:04 PM
The episode was interesting. I didn't like the Mum that much though, those types are so annoying. Aleast the father understands, it's interesting those types of Mothers are usually followed by the understanding (And quiet) fathers.

KGB13
16th August 2010, 11:52 AM
I liked Timmy and his Dusclops, they seemed like a great team.

His mom was really annoying though, but his dad was pretty cool.

I also liked how they tried to trick her by having Brock pretend to be the Phantom, that was a great favor.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode.

G50
3rd March 2011, 6:02 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Dusclops for the 1st time. The Phantom's Dusclops mask looked very cool, plus the cape he wore. It was cool to see Dusclops defearing Drew in this episode. Dusclops is a very strong Pokemon. Mrs. Grim was really harsh to her son when it comes to Pokemon. She's really scary! It was funny to see Mrs. Grim shaking Ash and and him becoming very dizzy.

40/100

Vernikova
4th July 2012, 7:54 PM
Timmy's design was awful. Wow, I don't remember the last time I saw a design that bad on this show. Ash using Quick Attack on Dusclops? The heat of the first move of the match must have gotten to him. Actually, Timmy's whole family was designed pretty badly.

7threst
29th September 2012, 12:45 PM
I just lol'd so hard when Brock dressed himself as the Phantom. I think the whole backstory with Timmy was really well-done and it was a perfect filler/prequel for the next episode were the contest is. I love the whole personality surrounding the Phantom lol.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 1:47 AM
I'd say this was one of the more interesting contest plots in AG. It was interesting to see: would Timmy's mother eventually accept Pokemon or not? It was clear that he trained a lot off-screen secretly, otherwise he and Dusclops wouldn't be that strong. He even defeated Drew! I wish his mom would be like his dad... In real life, m And Brock dressing up was fun too, 7/10.

PokemontrainerY
3rd December 2013, 1:16 PM
"Disaster of Disguise"? Hmm....I think this is a suitable dub title for this episode. It's much better than titles like "Delcatty Got Your Tongue" or "Claydol, Big And Tall".

Anyways, this episode was boring to me. Most of the episode was centered around COTD Timmy, who was disguising as the "Phantom" only because his mom hates Pokémon. The battle between Ash and Timmy wasn't good at all, how in the world Ash forgot that Normal-type moves dosen't work on Ghost-type Pokémon?

The only things I liked about this episode are....

- Brock disguising as the "Phantom".

- Timmy beating Drew in the Contest battle. I was getting sick of Drew winning all the time, so it's good see him getting owned by someone for a change.

Painkiller2001
4th November 2014, 4:11 AM
It's good to see Drew get beaten from time to time, because it seems that he's so unbeatable when he's shown to be battling.