PDA

View Full Version : Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:35 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/339.jpgTakin' The Lombre Home!

After an accidental evolution, Brock's Lombre is asked to help some villagers call for Rain as there is a Solrock going around causing nothing but Sunny Days. However there is opposition against the use of Rain. Will the Solrock end up going away?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/339.shtml)

Discuss

Torkoal Stu
17th December 2004, 5:52 PM
What is this ep title pun for this ep? ;271; Also this ep looks so cool ;271; also what is up with lotad just evolving because they mostly evolve in battle?;271;

Jesse GS the II
18th December 2004, 12:52 AM
This thread's title is erroneous - it's supposed to be "Take the Lombre Home", and it's a parody of a song by Supertramp called "Take the Long Way Home". A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.

Chris
18th December 2004, 1:01 AM
The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.

And Pokémon don't just HAVE to evolve from battle. They can evolve out of the blue or other reasons. o_O

Geodude
18th December 2004, 3:33 AM
Considering Lotad's goofy personality, the way it evolved seems appropriate enough. :p A goofy Pokemon deserves an unorthodox evolution.

PDL
18th December 2004, 3:42 AM
A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.

it's mostly because these children are too caught up with their Hilary Duff and Hoobastank to know anything about obscure bands from yesteryear

The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.

and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better

Puns may be the one of the lowest forms of humour, but I like'm just fine thank you :p

Chris
18th December 2004, 3:46 AM
and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better
Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :P

PDL
18th December 2004, 3:50 AM
Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :P

and the english episode titles don't somehow?

ah whatever, I'm not even going to argue anymore... it's pretty much pointless

Chris
18th December 2004, 3:53 AM
Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD

V Faction
18th December 2004, 5:45 AM
Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD

Having a Wailord of a Time: Bad. It was only in there for 3 minutes tops.

Take the Lombre Home: Good. Because Lotad frickkin' evolves. And a good part of the episode revolves around the villages wanting to use Lombre as a means of ridding themselves of the Solrock. So a title like this has a perfect meaning.

You want to talk bad ETR, you talk about HaWoaT, but not this.

"Petalburg Gym Battle! Five Badges!" Hurray, now I don't have to sit through a whole episode to know the outcome. Thank You Japanese Titles, you're the best! ~_n

Chris
18th December 2004, 8:40 AM
Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.

Yellow
18th December 2004, 10:02 PM
I can't wait to see this episode. I live in the US, and they didn't show any new episodes today. I hope Lombre's dub voice is cool!

Raize
1st January 2005, 7:07 PM
Well, I'm waiting for this eppy even from what I hear it's evolution was kinda strange or something O.o I wanna hear Lombre's dub voice It'll be a laugh most likely.

Factory Head Noland
1st January 2005, 8:24 PM
This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.

"Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

;155;

Raize
1st January 2005, 8:33 PM
This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

"Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

;155;
I was wondering if they showed it's voice I didn't get to hear it's voice so I will still be waiting.

I always called it Lombrey" anyway i'll be waiting to hear it's voice now...

Geodude
2nd January 2005, 7:07 AM
So the "bre" in "Lombre" rhymes with "grey" right? Of course it's pronounced that way. The name Lombre partially comes from the Spanish word "hombre", which means man.

Heracross
2nd January 2005, 7:12 AM
Heh, now I feel smart.:p I realized the pun on the word hombre the first time I saw its name.

Raize
2nd January 2005, 5:41 PM
Yeah, I know I know who to say Hombre(though I'm hispanic I tend to say it like with out the ey part)

I agree with what you said up there Geodude about a goofy Pokemon deserving a unorthodox evo :p

PDL
3rd January 2005, 4:31 AM
wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?

wobbanut
10th January 2005, 9:28 PM
I can't wait to see this episode, not only because I love the ex-Lotad, but also because I'll finally get to see the episode on a Saturday! At long last, the brain trusts at the networks in Chicago have moved Pokemon to its rightful slot on Saturday mornings, from Sunday mornings. Now I can watch Pokemon at the same time as the rest of the nation. :D Well, I'll probably be taping it and watching it later, but still, I can watch it at a normal time!

Raize
14th January 2005, 12:23 AM
wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?
No, It's airing like in the end of the month which kinda stinks though we shouldn't complain we got treated with 2 new eppys every saturday :)

Not more time to wait...

CyberCubed
29th January 2005, 4:38 PM
Well, that was the most random evolution ever. I guess Lotad was just too dim-witted to know that he had enough exp. to evolve before this, or whatever.

The trainers choice was right this time. Maybe 4kids finally learned something about battling? I also liked how they remembered that Solrock was both Rock AND Psychic, they showed it using traits of both, not to mention Solarbeam and a Fire attack.

The rest of the episode was rather standard, nothing too exciting.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
29th January 2005, 4:40 PM
This was a great episode. What really stood out to me were the voices. Solrock's was quite new, as was lombre's. Mary's wasn't too bad, either. And, Lotad was pretty funny. It just jumped on the well bucket, and sat there. An everyone else thought it was about to do some miracle:D. I laughed hard at that. Lotad's evolution was rather unorthodox, but it was kinda funny. I liked Solrock, voice and character, and the way it made rain. Scientific^^. Wobuffet's pop-up with the binoculars was pretty funny, IMO.

Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10!!!!
An excellent evolution episode, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.

SC~ out

V Faction
29th January 2005, 4:44 PM
Where's all the excitement needed for this Thread? This is the first new episode in what seems like forever (really only a couple of weeks).

-TC: Might as well get this out of the way. Yay, they kept it simple (Fire beats Grass) so no whining this time.

-There were some great quotes in this episode. I'd have to rewatch it to get them down exactly, but I'm sure ALL who watched heard that *** related one. Ah TR, we love your Adult Antics!

-Voices: Sounds like they went with Jessie's "Old Lady" voice for the Grandmother. I don't blame them. Mary's voice was quite nice. Lombre's was decent, but I'm sure people are going to go hog-wild over it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the Japanese Solrock voice used, yes? Such an odd sound.

-Plot: People have never seemed to appreciate the way Lotad evolved here. I think it fits nicely.

PDL
29th January 2005, 4:45 PM
I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!

Thriller
29th January 2005, 4:48 PM
Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10!!!!
An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.

Your right, I guess Lotad didnt evolve.

Why did the first blast off scene have Seviper in it? Seviper wasnt in the episode at all.

By my count, this episode is the first dubbed one to mention the word GOD! I'm glad 4Kids is smoothing down and trying to teach kids that God does exist.

V Faction
An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.
SC~ out
What, filler? We have an evolution, there are no fillers here!

....alright, I'll admit that if you took Lotad evolving out of the picture, it would constitute as a standard filler, but hey, isn't that true for most other Captures and Evos!

Torkoal Stu
I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!

Well lucky you for seeing it! because the uk stopped showing new eps for a whilie(not know how long but no new ep tomorow) so this has aired! what is Lombre's dub voice like?

Space Skitty
I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was hilarious how little Lotad evolved. Lombre & Mary's voices seemed fitting to me. I think Solrock kept its Japanese voice. And Skitty was adorable! ^^ Overall, a nice episode.

PDL
29th January 2005, 4:50 PM
what is Lombre's dub voice like?

croaky-ish... or something... Imaigine Corpish with a sore throat or something..

CyberCubed
29th January 2005, 4:51 PM
Next weeks episode looks a lot better than this one. Indeed this would have been a filler had Lotad not evolved. It reminded me of a mix of the Johto episode with Slowpoke in Azalea town, as well as "A Crowning Achievement" with Slowking. The town in a drought storyline is too overused, which is why the episode wasn't terribly interesting. Next weeks looks awesome though.

Torkoal Stu
29th January 2005, 4:52 PM
croaky-ish... or something... Imaigine Corpish with a sore throat or something..

lol that sounds funny! thanks!

The Big Al
29th January 2005, 4:55 PM
Assets XD

Skitty certainly seems to have a run of dumb lucky, and I mean DUMB. I wonder how long it will last?

V Faction
29th January 2005, 5:03 PM
Ash: I get it! That Lombre's not thinkin' any bad thoughts, right?
May: That's safe to assume...^_^
Max: Doubt Lombre's thinkin' any thoughts at all!

EDIT: So I'm not double posting...

More pronunciation slip-ups on my way of thinking.

Lombre:
My way - "Lohm - bray"
4Kids - "Lahm - bray"

Solrock:

My way - "Sawl - rock"
4Kids - "Sole - rock"

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th January 2005, 5:24 PM
Well, 4-Kids did pronounce Lombre right, because it is supposed to rhyme with Hombre. And Solrockshould be pronounced Sole, since that is also aspanish word meaning sun, and that how you say it.

Jesse GS the II
29th January 2005, 5:29 PM
So am I right in assuming that this episode was indeed called "Take the Lombre Home"?

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th January 2005, 5:31 PM
Yeah, it was Take, not Takin'.

Anybody understand that pun.

And this episode also sort of reminded me of that Johto Filler, where TR was bottling up water and found Omanyte.

Pika Hikari KT
29th January 2005, 5:34 PM
Well, Lombre's voice certainly was interesting. I was expecting it to be like Lotad's, only with the Spanish accent. Solrock kept its original voice, so I expect the same with Lunatone. The rain dance was very cute, and as close to the english name of a certain attack as we'll get since the Japanese name is 'Rain Prayer'! I caught the 'assets' quote as TR was blasting off; pretty funny. Overall; a cute little sub-filler featuring Lotad's evolution to Lombre: 8/10

Indigo
29th January 2005, 6:02 PM
Here goes the ol' pros and cons method again:

Pros:

--The voice acting in this one wasn't too bad. Especially Mary. She didn't sound like your ordinary Pokémon one-day-filler girl. Good job, 4Kids.
--Science in Pokémon?!?! A refreshing "WTF?" sort of thing, IMO. ^^
--Brock is the hero again today! And more Mudkip! Hooray!
--Again, there's that chemistry between the Hoenn group. Brock trying to break up Max and May while Ash looks on and thinks to himself, "I remember when I used to fight like that." XD
--Is it just me, or is Brock getting a little less stale? Maybe it's the hiatus that threw me off, but he seemed pretty interesting this time around. Go 4Kids!
--TR used their brains a bit more today. Reminded me of the Cascade Badge episode. Yay!

Cons:

--The drought concept is overused as hell. The first time it was used was all the way back in Kanto. That's a long-running filler plotline. They have to get a little more creative next time.
--I just can't say anything about Pikachu anymore...maybe he's the character that's going stale.
--Solrock sounded so strange...Yikes.

Overall, it was pretty damn good. 8/10 from me. And did anyone else catch this:

"And make it double, I'm a thirsty guy!"

Something tells me that had a really sickening double meaning...Oo

PDL
29th January 2005, 6:10 PM

no, I think you're thinking too much into it :\

Tamer Zack
29th January 2005, 6:12 PM
Not a bad episode both Solrock and Lombre had an interesting voice and the TC wasd good as well.

Blaziken Trainer
29th January 2005, 6:13 PM
This Episode was'nt as good as I expected.

Caseydia
29th January 2005, 6:14 PM
This episode was completely boring to me.

CyberCubed
29th January 2005, 6:28 PM
Overall, it was pretty damn good. 8/10 from me. And did anyone else catch this:

Lol, perhaps you're looking a little too into things there. Going by that, May said "I've never been so thirsty before in my whole life" in this ep....so..uh...yeah. Probably means nothing. :8)

Robert
29th January 2005, 7:13 PM
I'm glad Lotad evolved through something other than a heroic moment, but the rest of the episode was just boring and pointless. It was devoid of any humor and action at all... I can't help but feel the series is becoming Johto again... :(

Indigo
29th January 2005, 7:20 PM
Lol, perhaps you're looking a little too into things there. Going by that, May said "I've never been so thirsty before in my whole life" in this ep....so..uh...yeah. Probably means nothing. :8)

Yeah, but something about the way he said it gave me a weird feeling. Eric Stuart can do that sometimes. He can make something that sounds positively harmless seem positively dirty. He likes to do that with James.

I couldn't really picture James saying that. With May she whines a lot, so you expect it. But James...something about that quote just felt like it meant something else, without even trying to listen to it. =/

Heracross
29th January 2005, 7:53 PM
This Episode was'nt as good as I expected.

I'm guessing that's because you guys only had the dub version to go by? I quite enjoyed the original version, but when I watched the dub this morning I wondered why I bother anymore.-_- The music was absolutely horrible as predicted and the voice acting for the main characters is getting progressively annoying as well. I think Eric Stuart is doing the same thing to Brock that he did to James a while ago, which to say the least, is not a good thing. The old woman's voice was alright, but it was a bit inconsistant. Did anyone else notice it was Jessie's old woman voice from "Pokémon Paparazzi"?

Ok, now for the small list of things I liked about this episode.:P
-Mary's voice was good. I was so glad to see that it was original instead of sounding like half the other filler girls in the series.
-They kept Solrock's voice, which was somewhat surprising. The thing sounds absolutely hilarious.XD
-Lombre's voice was alright, I'm glad they didn't make it really annoying or anything.
-The cultural references were a nice touch. We don't get stuff like that very often anymore.

Jesse GS the II
29th January 2005, 8:08 PM
Yeah, it was Take, not Takin'.

Anybody understand that pun.

For the last time, the title is a play on a song called "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp. Apparently, I'm the only one on this entire board who's heard of them.

PDL
29th January 2005, 8:54 PM
that's not true... I've heard of Supertramp too :(

"Lonely days, and lonely nights, take a trip to the city lights, take the long way home..."

wobbanut
29th January 2005, 8:56 PM
It was great to finally see this episode today like the rest of the nation. Thanks, Chicago! :D It wasn't the best episode, but it was fun to watch. I loved Wobbuffet popping up with the binoculars, Lombre's evolution and dancing, and the odd townsfolk. Most of all, I think it was pretty interesting to see a veiled religious episode. Kind of interesting, considering how many episodes shy away from overt religious references (*cough*Enlighten Up*cough*).

PDL
29th January 2005, 9:02 PM
ah yes, The Great Lombre...

I'm now completely convinced that the lotad family are based on Kappas (as well as Lillypads and Mexicans)

Geodude
29th January 2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for that well-thought-out, detailed explanation of your opinion. -_-

The Big Al
29th January 2005, 10:57 PM
Didn't Team Rocket already pull off the bottle water scheme (a few times). They gotten so bad they're repeating their old schemes. (Though they've put more craters on the face of the earth that a meteor shower.)

Lotad just, evolved. No reason at all, just up and turned into Lombre.

Geodude
29th January 2005, 11:37 PM
Well, a wacky Pokemon like Lotad deserves a weird evolution, wouldn't you agree? It just kinda fits with its character.

Kamex
29th January 2005, 11:37 PM
Lotad's evolution was very unexpected, because I expected it to evolve later on in the episode. And it was for no reason at all. But I think that was actually a very clever way to make it evolve, it fits Lotad's character perfectly.

The voices of all the characters were nice, esspecially Mary's. I don't quite remember anyone else sounding like that at the moment.

And does anybody remember at the end of the episode, when Brock started talking about wanting to stay with Mary, and Mary was talking to her Grandmother, then she said (I'm paraphrasing), "Oh, I'm sorry Brock. Were you saying something important?" lol!

Edit: Oops, forgot to rate this episode. 7/10.

vulpix
29th January 2005, 11:41 PM
this episode is great in my opinion of course.i taped it this morning! ^_^

KreKitten
30th January 2005, 1:29 AM
i wish lotad didnt evolve...he was dippy and i could relate to that lol. he shall be missed. but i did like when meowth said go rise and shine elsewhere" or somethin like that to solrock lol. annnnd i used to hate solrock but now i think its alright, kinnda cute even. is that going out on a limb? hehe

PKMN Master Travis
30th January 2005, 1:51 AM
I thought this was a really good episode.It was weird how it evolved.Lombre is funny and so is Solrock's voice. It is the same as his japanese one. I liked the Rain Dancing part. It was funny when Max said this " Even the wild Pokemon are going wild.". Mary was cool. Those old people are weird. Skitty was in it too I liked that. I can't wait until next week.

CyberCubed
30th January 2005, 1:51 AM
Didn't Team Rocket already pull off the bottle water scheme (a few times). They gotten so bad they're repeating their old schemes.

Yep, see Fossil Fuels with Omanyte and Omastar.

Frost
30th January 2005, 6:55 AM
Lombre:
My way - "Lohm - bray"
4Kids - "Lahm - bray"

Well, 4-Kids did pronounce Lombre right, because it is supposed to rhyme with Hombre.

Well, 4Kids didn't say Lombre's right then. They're rhyming "Lombre" with "hambre" by pronouncing the name as "Lahm-bray." It may seem kind of anal, but the long O sound is how "hombre" is pronounced; it's not a big deal for a Pokemon name, but that one vowel pronunciation is the difference between saying "I have hunger" and "I have a man" in Spanish.

Anyway, besides Lotad's random evolution... the episode was just there. It didn't really lean toward good or bad either way. The Rain Dancing part was terrible, but Skitty's cuteness made up for that. The overused drought/bottled water plotlines were average, but James/Meowth's "assets," line really made up for that. Maybe a 7/10 for me.

Geodude
30th January 2005, 9:43 AM
Yep, see Fossil Fuels with Omanyte and Omastar.
LOL, you mean Fossil Fools. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th January 2005, 9:50 AM
My question--Ok, so TR drained the spring. That still doesn't explain why it STOPPED RAINING. So why did it seem like they got blamed for that too?

Another thing that sounded dirty in the episode...Meowth saying 'under his belt' in reference to the Boss.

Torkoal Stu
30th January 2005, 9:55 AM
Another thing that sounded dirty in the episode...Meowth saying 'under his belt' in reference to the Boss.

You didn't have to post that! it does sound dodgy!

Geodude
30th January 2005, 6:07 PM
My question--Ok, so TR drained the spring. That still doesn't explain why it STOPPED RAINING. So why did it seem like they got blamed for that too?
That was never clarified, so maybe it WAS Solrock's fault. Maybe it didn't realize what it was doing or something.

Psychic Venusaur
30th January 2005, 10:26 PM
I was wondering about the no raining thing, making me think it was Solrock who was actually causing the lack of water for most of the episode.

I didn't really like Lotad's evolution either. It wasn't grand enough for it, but sort of did suit it.

I liked Solrock's voice.

Yeah, the old lady did sound too much like Jessie, and Mary's voice was unique and new.

I'm not sure what I think about Lombre's voice. I didn't like it at first, it's better the more I think of it.

8/10

Chris
4th February 2005, 9:21 PM
Anyone else wondering where the hell Habunake came from when Solarock first blows the Rocket Gang away with Solar Beam? o_O; It just..blasted off with them, as if it had been called out earlier, but it wasn't. Not even in the Japanese version was Habunake called out.

Lindsay
4th February 2005, 9:25 PM
This episode had a good setup but sorta fell apart after revealing it was Team Idiot stealing the water. C'mon they build up to a nice big mysterious drought possibly caused by Solrock only to again have it be due to Team Idiot? Bleh! Also Lotads evolution seemed pretty random.

But there was lotsa goodness like the rain dance it was amusing and fun. Corphish digging up a pot and going into it instead of finding water was pretty funny! Plus Solrock was pretty cool so that make things about even.

3 / 5

A slightly above average episode even if the mystery was a letdown there was still cool stuffs here to make up for it.

Chris
4th February 2005, 9:30 PM
Hasubo really didn't need a flashy evolution. o_o It was, and still is, more of a background Pokémon and having a random evolution ain't really a problem at all since it fits its personality.

And I'm suprised 4Kids didn't decide to go with a hermit crab joke for Corphish when the lil' thing dug up a pot and stuck itself inside. XD

Sora
5th February 2005, 12:15 AM
This is the first episode I've seen in... 5 years. I just figured, "Eh, why the hell not?"

The evolution was a litte... spontaneous. But corphish makes me miss my pet crayfish that died T_T

Geodude
6th February 2005, 6:11 PM
The Japanese version of this episode is where this sound clip, originally recorded by Murgatroyd, came from. It's the scene with Corphish digging in the ground and coming up with that pot. It sounds hilarious in Japanese.

http://members.shaw.ca/geodudesounds/ash/heihei3.mp3

Geki
6th February 2005, 8:42 PM
This was a great episode. I liked Solrock's dub voice too, is sounded cool!!

Gravy
6th February 2005, 8:46 PM
This was a great episode. I liked Solrock's dub voice too, is sounded cool!!
Its voice wasn't dubbed over, just pointing out~
I still prefer this Solrock's voice compared to Tate's Solrock XP The weird slurping makes it sound much more unique compared to the oddly scottish-sounding one Tate owns...IMO of course ^^

Puffs
6th February 2005, 8:57 PM
I find it very strange that Solrock used Flame Wheel, a powerful one too.

And about Solrock causing the drought. It hit the earth as a meteorite, right? Meteorites, if they're big enough, pollute the atmosphere with debree for a period after they hit, so rain would've come eventually.

Chris
6th February 2005, 8:58 PM
Meh. >_> I still prefer's Fuu's Solarock more than this one. This Solarock sounds like someone was running the side of their finger in front of their lips like them ol' Looney Tunes characters would do when going crazy. XD

And that was Fire Spin Solarock used, not Flame Wheel. o_O

Puffs
6th February 2005, 9:22 PM
no, Fire Spin was when it saved ash & Co. from Team rockets hole. Flame wheel is an attack when the pokemon engulfs itself in fire and charge a head-on attack.

Chris
6th February 2005, 9:31 PM
That wasn't Flame Wheel. o_O Solarock CANNOT learn Flame Wheel. Just because it got caught on fire doesn't mean it used Flame Wheel.

After looking at the episode again, Solarock simply spun too fast and caught on fire. o_O

Puffs
6th February 2005, 9:55 PM
well, i'm confused. It caught itself on fire, then threw itself at the robot. But it wasn't a pokemon attack?

V Faction
6th February 2005, 10:01 PM
No, it wasn't a specified attack, Flygon. Not even in the Original Version was there an attack name given. It was just... creative thinking on Solrock's part.

If I had to classify the attack, I'd name it Flame Wheel, but like Ed said, Solly doesn't get it.

Geodude
7th February 2005, 5:57 AM
I originally thought it was using Cosmic Power when I first saw this ep in Japanese, but I was wrong. :p

Heracross
7th February 2005, 10:29 PM
Anyone else wondering where the hell Habunake came from when Solarock first blows the Rocket Gang away with Solar Beam? o_O; It just..blasted off with them, as if it had been called out earlier, but it wasn't. Not even in the Japanese version was Habunake called out.
Not only that, but Sabonea didn't blast off with them and it was called out.XD

Jesse GS the II
23rd February 2005, 9:41 PM
I noticed that too...my guess is either a cut scene or recycled footage.

Chris
23rd February 2005, 10:12 PM
Cut as in cut from the dub? Nah. Looked at the scene in Japanese. Same thing occured. Habunake was no where to be found until it blasted off. Doesn't seem recycled either. More like another brilliant animation error on their behalves, OR it could be they made two different kind of battle situations and forgot to change the blast off scene.

Jesse GS the II
23rd February 2005, 10:26 PM
I meant a scene cut from the Japanese version, perhaps for time, and they didn't reanimate the blastoff sequence by mistake. I was judging from the Japanese version myself.

Chris
23rd February 2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, as I said. :P Coulda been something that they were working on where they had two different versions where one coulda involved Habunake instead and forgot to change that blastoff scene.

Shiny May
20th March 2005, 4:46 PM
Well I've seen this eppie too and I thought it was quite boring in the beginning. I wasn't really interested in it at all!! But when the fighting started, it became more interested. Solrock really has some great attacks and Lombre looks cool too and a good voice.

Sharpshooter
26th March 2005, 9:51 AM
Yeah this episode was a fillerish enough filler, similar to the "Wake Up Snorlax!" one, just without the fat pokémon blocking the river this time, and instead a rather unique situation with Team Rocket draining the river, hmmm, who would have worked that one out? :P

More of a Brock episode than anything else, which is good, because he's not entirely useless, he and his pokémon both have their moments, and his Lombre did today, although I was just as equally insterested in Solrock to be honest. Good little battle in the end to finish it off as well.

MaskedManAbsolkid
26th March 2005, 12:01 PM
I thought the pokemon in this episode were funny
*imagines Lotad falling into the bucket again*
:d
The only thing is that Solrock's voice was like moving your finger up and down your lips and making a noise.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
26th March 2005, 12:03 PM
i hate lombre's dub voice! i blame 4Kids!!

but lombre is cool tho

and when they blasted off why the hell was seviper there?

cacnea was sent out not seviper!

Torkoal Stu
26th March 2005, 2:55 PM
I love Solorocks voice! But not Lombre! I hate 4kids I saw the Seviper thing!

9/10 It was funny and cool! But I still hate the Title.

DANdotW
26th March 2005, 4:24 PM
What a pathetic evolution. It fell down a well and was pulled up, then evolved. Seviper was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and both Solrock and Lombre had crap dub voices. This was one of my least favourite episodes ever.

HG

V Faction
26th March 2005, 4:31 PM
both Solrock and Lombre had crap dub voices.
Hey ****wad, Solrock didn't get a dub voice and Lombre's owns your pathetic soul. Stop blaming 4Kids! for your horrible life.

God, three 4Kids!-hating posts in a row... That's real originality.

Factory Head Noland
27th March 2005, 5:24 PM
I saw this episode this morning because I missed it yesterday.
This was a really good episode, Lotad evolved so randomly but I love Lombre! Solrock looked cool aswell and it's voice sounded nothing like Tate's Solrock does, it just makes a noise, lol.
I was really thirsty when watching this episode...I had such a craving for water.
I loved how Lombre just danced away and didn't have a care in the world, Lombre is so cool! It looks me a few minutes to get used to it's voice but I like it's voice now.

Overall: 8.1/10

Lil Brother
25th July 2005, 12:54 AM
Wer'e losing our assets!

Well, we better kiss ours goodbye!XD Not an exact quote, but whatever.

This was a pretty goofy episode. All the charatcers were pretty funny. For some reason, those villagers reminded me of the same overly-Christians that say Pokemon is a creation of Satan.

9/10.

Justineer
4th September 2005, 12:04 AM
Science? You can't be serious. lol! Two water Pokemon spray Solrock using Water Gun. Do you really believe they could have produced rain clouds that way? Rain clouds weigh tons! That would be impossible! And has anyone noticed the large resemblance this episode had with the movie, "The Village"? lol I'm not even going to begin to name the many ways it's similar to it and I have no doubt that is what this episode was based on. How ironic! This is the first Pokemon episode I've seen in 5 years as well. Darn WB became a cable station. Boo!! I saw this episode at the doctor's office. The waiting room was empty so I had the TV to myself.

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 5:32 AM
Funny dances they had. Especially the Lombre dance but spraying Water Gun and making rain is a bit too much. Solrock was featured well in this episode.

Anikin
27th November 2005, 7:24 PM
I loved this episode and not to mention the dancing Lombre.

ShinyManafi
25th December 2006, 6:13 AM
Lombre was awesome, but the episode wasn't that great. Solrock had kind of a bad voice

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 8:20 AM
This was a pretty good episode. Lombre was very entertaining for me. I'm glad Lotad evolved.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 11:11 AM
it was a good episode, finally lotad evolved into lombre.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:29 PM
It was a nice Episode, Lombre is so cute and funny

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 11:27 AM
Lombre was cute, i loved to see an episode focused on it,
And it was great how Solrock saved the town.

Willow's Tara
7th May 2010, 1:38 PM
It was an okay episode but not that good. I don't really like Lombre though not a favorite of mine.

Wait so TR was there for like several weeks stealing the water? So between the contest and this episode several weeks had passed? Wonder what they did in that time. Those old people were annoying blaming Solrock for it (They always blame the Pokemon, like Absol and Solrock when it's not their fault)

KGB13
16th August 2010, 11:55 AM
This episode was alright.

The only thing I really liked about it was the fact that Lotad evolved, but that's about it.

ZangooseLord
19th August 2010, 5:48 AM
There are only two things I feel I should note in this episode; both of them involve Solrock.

First is the obvious boss fantasy Ember error, of course.

Second; and this is just weird to me: Solrock's voice. You know that sound you make when you wiggle your finger across your lips? That seems like a very... odd choice for Solrock's voice; I really prefer the sound of Tate's Solrock (Brandon's sounds like Noctowl).

So... yeah. Besides that, the episode was okay.

Lorde
11th November 2010, 4:04 AM
This episode was a real treat despite my first impressions of it. Ash and friends getting saved by a Solrock as Team Rocket had trapped them in a hole was unexpected. I mean, how often do wild Pokemon save Ash and friends? Not too often. When they stopped at the local well for water and Brock's Lotad evolved into Lombre, I was stunned! Yeah the title hints that Lotad would evolve, but I didn't think it would evolve at the start of the episode. Kinda neat. It was funny to see Lombre getting the people and wild Pokemon to dance as well. It looked like Lombre and the villager's rain dance worked since it finally started to rain and Solrock was no longer a bother to the people in the end. Nice episode really. 7/10.

G50
3rd March 2011, 6:18 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Brock's Lotad evolve into Lombre, getting to see Lombre for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Solrock for the 1st time. It was a very odd way for Lotad to evolve. Another drought episode.... This has been a theme that's really been used a lot. The Rain Dance was really cool. It was great to see Solrock save the day.

30/100

Vernikova
5th July 2012, 3:40 AM
The strangest Pokemon to ever be owned by a protagonist has the weirdest evolution ever. How fitting. Well, this episode was rather strange. I mean Solrock seemed rather out of place here and it kind of took away the spotlight away from Lombre. I don't even know what to make of the villagers to be honest. It was just a strange episode overall but I suppose that it's fitting since Lombre evolved in it.

7threst
29th September 2012, 3:31 PM
Yeah, the evolution was quite unexpected. I did like it though. But for the rest was the episode alright, based on the whole concept behind it. It was unfortunately, nothing exceptional, but still quite enjoyable for me! :D

Blessed
2nd November 2012, 2:29 AM
A very boring episode, I didn't like it all. I don't even know what to say about those creepy villagers to be honest. The only thing I liked was when it rained in the end.

AquaMilotic
29th November 2013, 1:37 AM
Wow, it's a long time ago since I reviewed an episode here, and since I saw AG anyways... Oh well, time to review some episodes again... Anyways, it was cool to see Solrock, I always thought that Pokemon was cool. I don't like it as much as I used to, but it's still cool. Anyways, the episode didn't entertain me much, but Brock's Lotad evolving was a nice surprise. And of course Brock flirts again, which I like. 5/10, it just didn't entertain me.

PokemontrainerY
29th November 2013, 10:13 AM
Geez, Lotad's evolution was unexpected and weird, I mean seriously......how in the world Lotad evolved into Lombre after falling in the empty well ? Was that all Loted needed to evolve! That's odd.

The old woman's beleif was odd too, it's weird how she thought that Solrock is reason why there's water shortage in the village. The old woman's grandaughter Mary was kinda cute, it was nice to see her having a different opinion about Solrock. Brock falling in love with Mary was no surprise, I liked Mary's facial expressions when Brock grabed her hands and started hitting on her. xD

The rest of the episode was rather boring, it really bored me when Lombre and the other Pokémon dancing around for bringing rain. It's ironic how Mary also seemed frustated to see all the dancing Pokémon. She even told the villagers to investigate what might be stopping the water, but sadly her grandmother didn't let them do it because she thought it'd anger the water lord. Lol, seriously? -_-

It out that Team Rocket is the reason why there's water shortage in the village and then Ash and Co.(along with Solrock)blasts them off. When Solrock turns into a fireball, Mudkip and Lombre uses Water Gun on it to stop it. Soon all the streams being given off by the two makes clouds in the sky and soon it begins rain, solving the villagers water shortage. Later, the villagers praised Lombre(no love for Mudkip?)and made Solrock some kind of "Sacred Guardian" of the lake.

Overall, this was an OK episode, nothing spacial about it. Most of the episode were boring. If Brock's Lotad didn't evolved in this episode, it would be just a boring filler.

Also, the dub title "Take The Lombre Home!" is kinda misleading. When I first watched this episode, I thought the village was Lombre's home and Brock would leave it there......which didn't happen.

Painkiller2001
4th November 2014, 5:45 AM
Solrock's voice. You know that sound you make when you wiggle your finger across your lips?

I thought the exact same thing! :)

Solrock's voice was, to me, the best part of the episode.
Lotad evolving in to Lombre was sudden. And random.