PDA

View Full Version : Go Go Ludicolo! (343)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:41 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/343.jpgDancing Battle! Ludicolo!

After having his Treecko evolve into Grovyle, Ash & Co. decide to take a break. Shocked to see his buddy has evolved, Corphish gets jealous of Grovyles strength. Ash gets challenged to a battle against a Ludicolo and uses Corphish. Will Corphish prove himself?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/343.shtml)

Discuss

King Shuckle
4th December 2004, 1:56 AM
Predicted Titles:
Dance, Dance, Revolation!
Corphishy Business
Rotten to the Corphish

These are my guesses. I think the first one is the best.

Raize
1st January 2005, 7:12 PM
Seems like a good eppy I want to see this one this kinda goes to show how much determination Corphish has to get stronger and doesn't need to evolve to prove itself. Good thing this episode isn't too far away though.

frednmethod
2nd January 2005, 3:58 PM
hmm. i wonder who won the battle at the end with ludicolo vs torkoal.

too bad we never get to know the results. (as well as the grovyle vs exploud battle)

ChaosMage
16th January 2005, 9:40 AM
And the battle with Nicolai in the Zangoose episode was never finished!

Dub Title time!: Livin' La Vida Ludicolo!

Space Skitty
17th January 2005, 12:41 AM
A great episode for Corphish! I've always liked the little guy so it's great to see him try and prove himself. We haven't seen any jealousy between Pokemon since Chikorita & Pikachu so it's good to see Corphish get jealous in Grovyle. I like how Corphish tries to prove himself without resorting to evolution.

Factory Head Noland
17th January 2005, 12:50 AM
Dub Title time!: Livin' La Vida Ludicolo!

I really like that title but you know 4Kids...it will be the weirdest sounding title ever....
I really liked the guessed title for "Takin' The Lombre Home" which was "All's Well That Ends In A Well". They should come on here and look at some of the great titles!

I felt sorry for Corphish kinda in this episode. It was a good debut for Ludicolo though ^_^

ChaosMage
17th January 2005, 7:53 PM
Hmm... it's a bit disappointing when a pokemon evolves and we've already seen the new form. If Grovyle, Swellow, Combusken, Beautifly and Ludicolo had not already appeared, it would have been better.

frednmethod
27th January 2005, 3:36 PM
Yeah.

But I've heard somewhere that the reasonings behind the pre-appearances was to know how much the fans appreciated those pokemon. For example, there might be some pokemon that fans wouldn't want evolved, because it looks too ugly or something.

Torkoal Stu
10th February 2005, 5:45 PM
NO!NO!NO!NO! They gave this ep a sh*t dub title it is! Wait be prepared!

Go, Go, Ludicolo! I put it in spoilers to build up supense! But screamed when I heard this!

Thriller
10th February 2005, 5:48 PM
Just like when someone catches a Pokemon -_-'

When we finnaly get a title that isnt a pun people whine about it.

Torkoal Stu
10th February 2005, 5:52 PM
Just like when someone catches a Pokemon -_-'

When we finnaly get a title that isnt a pun people whine about it.

But it sounds so....Weird! Go Go Ludicolo! also I like pun Titles and stop naging on me! I can hate something if I want to; who are you to say "It is not a pun; you must like it!" or whatever!

Almighty Zard
11th February 2005, 12:01 AM
But it sounds so....Weird! Go Go Ludicolo! also I like pun Titles and stop naging on me! I can hate something if I want to; who are you to say "It is not a pun; you must like it!" or whatever!
let me guess why...
Go Go Ludicolo=Go Go Power Rangers.

Thats hy your freaked isn't it.

Torkoal Stu
11th February 2005, 8:53 AM
let me guess why...
Go Go Ludicolo=Go Go Power Rangers.

Thats hy your freaked isn't it.

Yeah Baseicly! Wait so it a sort of pun! but a low rate one! and 4Kids are ruining the titles!

Robert
9th March 2005, 9:52 PM
Ludicolo's voice wasn't very good, but the rest of the episode wasn't bad. The battles were good. I wish they'd stop ending episodes mid-battle, though...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
9th March 2005, 10:38 PM
Gah! My post was deleted ;.;.........
I thought this was an excellent episode. Corphish got some spotlight, which is ALWAYS welcome with me. Jealousity is a rarity on Pokémon, so that's great to see it.
Pancho......Dear goodness, that name is OU. Call the guy André, or Antonio, or something. We've had a Pancho already, anyway! The Diglett Rancher, I believe it was. Other than that, I really have no complaints with this episode(I've learned to just accept the fact that we're not supposed to see battles >.>).

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10!
Excellent filler! It didn't look interesting at fisrt glance, but meh, shows what I know!

SC~ out

Kamex
12th March 2005, 12:29 AM
Oh, my post was deleted, too. No wonder why I thought I already made a review on this episode...

Well anyway, all I basically said was that Ludicolo's voice could have been more creative.

And some other stuff...

7/10.

Medea
12th March 2005, 12:41 AM
There goes my original post...(sighs) Oh well!
I actually liked this episode! Pancho and Ludicolo were cool (don't ask me why) Ludicolo's voice was kind of disturbing though.

Hales
12th March 2005, 3:09 AM
There goes my original post...(sighs) Oh well!
I actually liked this episode! Pancho and Ludicolo were cool (don't ask me why) Ludicolo's voice was kind of disturbing though.
Disturbing on a scale of one to ten? ten being very disturbing :)

Medea
12th March 2005, 3:17 AM
Disturbing on a scale of one to ten? ten being very disturbing :)
Somewhere around the ten area ;)

Jesse GS the II
12th March 2005, 3:19 AM
The gist of my deleted post: Ludicolo's voice blows, Pancho sounds like Cheech Marin (but I like that), not enough original Japanese music kept, Corphish isn't as funny in the dub, animation seemed a little off, overall average episode.

Heracross
12th March 2005, 3:20 AM
Well, Ludicolo's dub voice sounds exactly like Butch. You can be the judge of how disturbing that is. >_>

This episode was pretty useless. The only good thing was that we got to see Heigani and Kootasu in battle, which is good because they tend to be neglected a lot recently. It also had some funny parts in it, like Heigani wanting a re-match from Poncho. I just love Heigani, he's great.XD

And when I first saw Nyasu's boss sequence it looked like Runpapa was giving Sakaki a headache.XD

Hales
12th March 2005, 3:27 AM
No not Butch - I hate his voice its very grating :(, and ten doesn't sound very promising!

Always wanted to ask, how cute is Corphish when he's jealous? :)

Medea
12th March 2005, 3:27 AM
The gist of my deleted post: Ludicolo's voice blows, Pancho sounds like Cheech Marin (but I like that), not enough original Japanese music kept, Corphish isn't as funny in the dub, animation seemed a little off, overall average episode.
Hey Pancho does sound like Cheech Marin, now that you think about it! Hehe!

Professor Ivy
13th March 2005, 5:07 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/343.jpgDancing Battle! Ludicolo!

After having his Treecko evolve into Grovyle, Ash & Co. decide to take a break. Shocked to see his buddy has evolved, Corphish gets jealous of Grovyles strength. Ash gets challenged to a battle against a Ludicolo and uses Corphish. Will Corphish prove himself?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/343.shtml)

Discuss Oh my, I don't know what to said but this but it suck, I hated it. I suck, very bad.

Factory Head Noland
30th March 2005, 12:31 PM
I watched this episode this morning (having missed it yesterday...) and I really really like it, it is so funny and I really like Ludicolo.
I realised that Ludicolo sounds like Butch and Wartortle, I always thought it's dub voice would be kinda like it's Japanese voice (higher and more jolly).
I liked the storyline and there was quite a lot of comedy in here.

Overall 8.3/10

Andrew
30th March 2005, 12:41 PM
I'd love to know how you came to the score of 8.3 Particularly that .3.

MaskedManAbsolkid
30th March 2005, 12:43 PM
I saw it this morning, and it was funny, but a bit annoying.

7/10

DANdotW
30th March 2005, 4:16 PM
Hmm, somehow I always thought Ludicolo's voice would be higher than that. High and upbeat. Ah well. Anyways, overall, this was an alright episode. I didn't like how the group were treating Corphish at first, but I didn't like the way Corphish handled itself either, so... XD. But apart from that, Focus Punch, Hyper Beam, Protect, Double Team. My only question is where was Bullet Seed or Hydro Pump (Or at least Water Gun), tehy would've been good to see.

HG

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
30th March 2005, 8:36 PM
Ludicolo does definatly sound like Butch!

but a good ep anyway
Pancho was the perfect trainer for a Ludicolo

vulpix
31st March 2005, 8:38 PM
i think Poncho was really funny!

Torkoal Stu
4th April 2005, 7:44 PM
Well I liked this ep. Ludicolo voice was deeper than I thought. I felt sorry for Corphish it was so left out. The first battle was good and Poncho had a very good stratigy he won a very good fight. But on a VERY good note this ep was a VERY Torkoal pro ep.

Torkoal had a very good battle at the end it did way better than Corphish. It had its part with the crying TWICE. Yay a Torkoal friendly ep.

9.5/10 An almost perfect ep but I didn't see the end of Torkoal's fight because they ended the ep when Torkoal was fighting. ;324;

Geki
30th August 2005, 11:45 PM
I liked Go, Go, Ludicolo quite a bit. The battle between Corphish and Ludicolo had great animation, and the whole episode was full of life. Poncho was cool too.

9/10

wobbanut
27th September 2005, 6:40 PM
I don't like that Pancho beat the twerps and got their sandwiches, but I am glad that he ended up feeling guilty later. Despite that, I did like him as a guest star. I don't know if it was his voice or his overall personality, but he and ludicolo made me smile. I definitely can't wait for Lombre to evolve. Corphish was a real treat in this episode too, with its jealousy of Grovyle and its determination to battle again. :) I love Corphish, he's my favorite of Ash's Hoenn pokemon. He just has such a funny personality, whether he's happy or angry.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 6:09 AM
i loved ludicolo and how it danced!!! it was a pretty good episode in my opinion. 8/10

TotodileCharizard
21st June 2006, 11:26 PM
I just watched it again, listening more since I'm a Grovyle fan now! WHOO! There were so many coolio compliments about Grovyle, including Torkoal crying around him xD He was so awesomeness yo! "Grovyle is the best Pokemon ever!" quote of May, SO TRUE! xD this was awesome cause Team Rocket was impressed with him(until they saw Ludicolo that is.....) I also liked it when Corphish went and chased Pancho and Ludicolo down xD getting angry and stuff. Then Corphish's heroic moment when he saved Pancho and Ludicolo!

Charizard Lord
22nd June 2006, 4:05 AM
I thought this was a great ep. I loved Corphishs jealosly especially in the beginning when he was giving Grovyle the "stink eye." I felt kinda bad for corphish when it ran off and it was so mad. I also feel bad for him and torkoal too cuz they had to fight Ludicolo. It must have been annoying hearing him saying his name especially when it used doubleteam. I no it would have annoyed me beng surrounded by 14 big,green,dancing,pokemon going "Ludicolo! Ludicolo!"

◘Ins0mnIac◘
22nd June 2006, 6:22 AM
The gist of my deleted post: Pancho sounds like Cheech Marin (but I like that),
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. lol.
So-so epi. I was hoping Lombre would evolve just so I would see an evolution lol. I don't think he does for a while no idea though. Grovyle is such a pimp lol.

Ashy Boy
22nd June 2006, 11:06 AM
Team Rocket is so predictable. Trying to use a net to capture pokemon only to have them escape.

ZTcrazy
23rd June 2006, 11:43 PM
Hmm, somehow I always thought Ludicolo's voice would be higher than that. High and upbeat. Ah well. Anyways, overall, this was an alright episode. I didn't like how the group were treating Corphish at first, but I didn't like the way Corphish handled itself either, so... XD. But apart from that, Focus Punch, Hyper Beam, Protect, Double Team. My only question is where was Bullet Seed or Hydro Pump (Or at least Water Gun), tehy would've been good to see.

HG

I think Brock's Lombre is a special case as it knows Water gun. This was an okay episode, although I didn't like the unlimited protect attack.

Anaya
26th June 2006, 7:19 AM
Haha i watched rgis episode not to long ago. Like 3 days ago maybe? I thought it was cool, especiallu because it had a Mexican guy in it :]. Because I'm Mexican duh! Lol

DarkPersian479
22nd July 2006, 6:50 PM
Pancho reminds me of Pedro the South of the Border guy.

South of the Border is a tacky Mexican-themed tourist trap just south of the NC/SC state line in Dillon, SC. I went there once. Half the rides were down, the motel looks like a time warp to 1972, and the 12 or so stores all sell the same overpriced souvenirs. They have huge billboards every 2 miles or so all up and down Interstate 95 in North and South Carolina, most featuring pictures of Mexican mascot Pedro and some corny pun..

Pokemonger49777
23rd October 2006, 11:15 PM
I like Ludicolo. I like that episode too.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 9:46 AM
Ludicolo had a very weird voice. But yay for mexicans appearing in the anime. lol Fun episode.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 3:20 PM
Ludicolo had a very weird voice. But yay for mexicans appearing in the anime. lol Fun episode.

lol, ludicolo indeed has a strange voice:P
i liked this episode as well i give this ep a 8/10.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:37 PM
Ludicolo is so funny XD
and its fun how to see a Jealous Corpish

Ash-kid
4th December 2009, 1:56 PM
Ludicolo was great in the battle vs Corphish.
i loved how Poncho gave the food to Ash and the friends, it was very nice.

Lorde
5th December 2009, 5:24 PM
Not my favorite episode because of stereotypes.

At least there was a battle in this one. 2/10

NES
25th February 2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah some stereotypes (some of them wrong but yeah it's not that important), but they weren't evil i guess, in fact they tried to make that character fun.

KGB13
7th September 2010, 11:46 AM
This episode was OK.

The battle between Ludicolo and Corphish was enjoyable, but there wasn't much going on in this one.

G50
4th March 2011, 6:37 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Ludicolo for the 1st time. It was interesting to see that Corphish was getting jealous of Grovyle. It was cool to see Corphish trying to prove itself. It was cool to see an episode centering around Corphish. Ludicolo is very strong with good attacks. It was cool to see Torkoal battle Ludicolo, even though the end is unknown... Corphish vs Ludicolo was also cool to see.

20/100

OnceUponATime
19th December 2011, 12:25 AM
I enjoyed the scene where Team Rocket stole Torkoal, Corphish, Tailow, and Pikachu, especially since we don't have any of those scenes in BW. It's kind of nostalgic. :)

Vernikova
8th July 2012, 2:16 AM
Yeah, Pancho. Pretty cool guy right there. I didn't really care for Corphish's jealousy to Grovyle's new found popularity within the group. I sort of enjoyed the beating Corphish received at the hands of Ludicolo.

7threst
29th September 2012, 6:47 PM
Hmm, I think this episode had some things that were enjoyable to watch, but it wasn't anything interesting that could be called exceptional. I did like the Mexican stereotype in a way and seeing Corphish and Grovyle in this episode - those two are hilarious together.

Painkiller2001
5th November 2014, 5:53 AM
I did like the Mexican guy the best in this episode. :)

Lorde
28th November 2014, 5:46 AM
I wasn't a fan of Poncho since they him a Ludicolo of all things. Seeing Ash's Corphish struggle and eventually lose to Ludicolo made me cackle and I also liked that we got an explanation of how Lombre evolves into a Ludicolo. I screamed when Ludicolo and Poncho acted so casually about being trapped by TR and I liked seeing Torkoal vs. Ludicolo at the end.