PDA

View Full Version : Hokey Pokéballs! (350)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 2:52 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/350.jpgHokey Pokéballs!

After she caught her own Bulbasaur, Ash decides to retrieve his Bulbasaur to meet May's new one. However they find out that Pokéballs are getting lost in transit due to a Rocket Scheme so its up to Ash, May and their Bulbasaurs to find them

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/350.shtml)

Discuss

Yellow
9th November 2004, 2:26 AM
I can't wait to see this episode!! I loved Ash's Bulbasaur, especially in Kanto. It's neat that it actually came back for an episode.

The Big Al
9th November 2004, 2:35 AM
Yet another episode in which JJ&M prove their total incompatance. Do they ship off the Poke' Balls they've stolen immedately? No and they pay for it.

Shiny May
12th November 2004, 12:19 PM
a good episode. Nice to bring Ash's Bulbasaur back to the show. It was really sweet how those two could get along.
Also the way Ash's Bulbasaur protected May's Bulbasaur was sweet. It's really a touching episode !! :D

9/10

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th November 2004, 9:16 PM
i really think that episode sounds so cool and i wish would could see all of ash's old pokemon again

Gaiash
13th November 2004, 7:41 PM
trust me this episodes great, my two favorate characters both having my favorate Pokemon and using them both in one episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing the dub of this episode

Space Skitty
14th November 2004, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to seeing this episode dubbed. I like Bulbasaur a lot so its nice to see two. May's Bulbasaur could learn a thing or two from Ash's. The Bulbasaur are simlar to their trainers!

Gaiash
20th November 2004, 3:28 PM
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to seeing this episode dubbed. I like Bulbasaur a lot so its nice to see two. May's Bulbasaur could learn a thing or two from Ash's. The Bulbasaur are simlar to their trainers!
yeh you have a point there
Ash has become experianced over the past 5 series, as has Bulbasaur
May looks up to Ash, Mays Bulbasaur looks up to Ashs
Ash and May are alike, Both Bulbasaurs are Bulbasaur

As well as being cool AND cute the thing I like about Mays Bulbasaur is that it really looks like a Houen Pokemon with its heart shaped forhead markings

Princess May
20th November 2004, 8:54 PM
I cant wait for this episode!! I love May's Bulbasaur, it's so cute! Hopefully in the English dub, it'll have a more feminine voice like in Japan. I think it's gonna have chokorita's voice.

Pika Hikari KT
20th November 2004, 9:46 PM
Uh...Chikorita's voice wasn't dubbed. Both of them had the same voices in the Japanese.

Gaiash
21st November 2004, 11:24 AM
But Chikoritas NAME wasn't dubbed either.
It'll sound younger, quiter and more playfull, like the Japanese voice for Mays Bulbasaur compared to Ashs one

Shiny May
22nd November 2004, 8:54 PM
I thought May's Bulbasaur's voice was different from Ash's Bulbasaur. Like animeking said, it sounds younger and more playful and really different from Ash's. It's a good voice and I don't think 4KIDS or whoever dubs it, is going to ruin it.

Princess May
2nd December 2004, 3:20 AM
Uh...Chikorita's voice wasn't dubbed. Both of them had the same voices in the Japanese.
oh, well nevermind, that's just what i heard on another site

♥Princess Ketchum♥
8th December 2004, 6:51 PM
cool ash and may's bulbasaurs are cute i like mays with the heart shape on its head

Geodude
8th December 2004, 6:56 PM
I thought May's Bulbasaur's voice was different from Ash's Bulbasaur. Like animeking said, it sounds younger and more playful and really different from Ash's. It's a good voice and I don't think 4KIDS or whoever dubs it, is going to ruin it.

You're right, the two have very different voices.

Gaiash
8th December 2004, 7:12 PM
the same voice actor tho. S/he just sounded younger for this part

King Shuckle
1st January 2005, 6:18 AM
My Predicted Dub titles:
~A De-Vine Friendship
~Double Bulba-Trouble!
~Vine Whiplash

Raize
2nd January 2005, 5:17 AM
I haven't seen this eppy(Just like all the Japan ones) I bet it could be good we get to see Ash's bulbasaur again so that's very good also I wonder what May's Bulbasaur may be like well This episode isn't soo far away so I would like to see it soon :)

Gaiash
2nd January 2005, 9:32 AM
I haven't seen this eppy(Just like all the Japan ones) I bet it could be good we get to see Ash's bulbasaur again so that's very good also I wonder what May's Bulbasaur may be like well This episode isn't soo far away so I would like to see it soon :)
you know you could look at the SPP screenshots, you won't hear them but still they're the best screenshots across the net.

Omega 4
2nd January 2005, 9:53 PM
I like the idea of ash retrieving his bulbasaur but why must he return it again! Oh well May has a bulba anyway and I'll hope for better things from treecko.

On the other hand it sounds like a great episode.

Raize
3rd January 2005, 12:35 AM
you know you could look at the SPP screenshots, you won't hear them but still they're the best screenshots across the net.
I know I can I just don't want too spoil the episode for me. I want to wait for it to come here and I can see it in America. I like wondering what will happen in this eppy and stuff =\

Gaiash
3rd January 2005, 3:05 PM
I know I can I just don't want too spoil the episode for me. I want to wait for it to come here and I can see it in America. I like wondering what will happen in this eppy and stuff =\
I guess. I tried not knowing until I accully saw it once (with Harry Potter book 5) didn't work out so well.

jolteonjak
10th April 2005, 4:13 AM
Curious, does Grovyle meet Ash's Bulbasaur?

Professor Ivy
16th April 2005, 3:28 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/350.jpgBulbasaur & Bulbasaur! Regaining the Pokéballs!

After she caught her own Bulbasaur, Ash decides to retrieve his Bulbasaur to meet May's new one. However they find out that Pokéballs are getting lost in transit due to a Rocket Scheme so its up to Ash, May and their Bulbasaurs to find them

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/350.shtml)

Discuss ;382; So Far
Joi as a new voice,
The team rocket's motto, well it suck.
and it seem like a lot of advacneshipping ;245;

;384; Finsh Out, It was just a common eproides, to me. James, plans names were cute, buy long. Why was it call "Hokey Pokeball"

I just they for this epiodes.
Chibi Log Out ;386-a;

The Big Al
16th April 2005, 3:35 PM
I said this was a hokey episode and I was right. Between the stupid engines, the armored house with an open window, the hole in the bag cliche, and the stupid plan names, this added up to one thing. An episode that would have found itself right at home in Johto.

Again, instead sitting right outisde the Pokemon Center, why not go to the trouble of sending them straight to the boss. I read a fan fic about Team Rocket (the whole organization) doing this right and taking over Kanto. This was just plain stupid.

The Big Al's rating
5.7 out of 10

Jonouchi
16th April 2005, 3:36 PM
well, They said Pokeball as PO-KEE balls (If I remember correctly) (well, they said it as PO-KEE balls in the episode too). And in TC, They had Nuzleaf as a choice, yet the pic was a Beautifly. It's was a so-so episode IMO

6/10

No, Ash's Bulbasaur does not meet Grovyle in this episode

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
16th April 2005, 3:37 PM
Um, WTFH!?! Beautifly's picture in Nuzleaf's name........Weird. And Combusekn beating Meditite? Weirder.
I say this episode was pretty good. Bulbasaur was pretty funny in the beginning, and we see Ash's again! Plus, a reappearance from Nuzleaf and Shroomish, since it has been a while.
TR actually was pretty good in this episode. James got some spotlight for once, too.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10!!!
Great episode! I wasn't expecting much out of this episode, but I was wrong!

SC~ out

CyberCubed
16th April 2005, 3:38 PM
So, what's the shipping between Ash and May's Bulbasaur called again? Methinks they should leave the two in a daycare and let them breed for awhile.

A highlight of this episode was James, his plans were pretty funny. The big wall covering the house which stops TR from escaping, and then James at bat. :^O I found that incredibly amusing that James was hitting the pokeballs out the window to let Ash get hit by them. TR trying to fight off the vines "Touche, enguarde!" was pretty amusing.

The two Bulbasaur worked well together, and it's always a good thing to see Ash's Bulbasaur again.

And did Brock just admit he does very little anymore? "My part may be small, but I did it for love" - Brock. I guess even Brock is realizing he doesn't do much.

Jesse GS the II
16th April 2005, 3:38 PM
I know it was a filler, but I liked it - any excuse to see Ash's Bulbasaur again. Although I think this episode was better in Japanese, since hearing "Bulbasaur" isn't half as cute as hearing "Dane dane". Oh well.

This is another one of those episodes where Jessie, James, and Meowth are just dead-on throughout the whole thing. The unnecessarily long codenames that James kept giving his plans made me laugh, I'll admit it, but what really got me was the scene after the crash - hearing Eric Stuart, Rachel Lillis, and Addie Blaustein playing off each other like that was great. Usually I complain about the dub dialogue, but it was hilarious here, and elsewhere in the episode (James to Cacnea: "Do we need to have another talk?")

Trainer's Choice did it again this week - mislabeling Beautifly as Nuzleaf (interesting, since BOTH were in this episode) and claiming Combusken is best for a Meditite. Ah, what the hell, it's not like those things are important.

I notice Ash got punched by a Primeape...I half expected him to say "That hasn't happened in a while".

Altogether, better than the dub title led on. I predict many good scenes with May's innocent and naive little Bulbasaur in the future.

V Faction
16th April 2005, 3:51 PM
TR MADE this episode. Particularly James, who was off-and-on with his feminine side. They may be idiots, but they're funny idiots.

What is UP with the TC? Drinking iodine is not recommended people.

I'm glad Bulbasaur doesn't stick with the group. I couldn't take some 50+ episodes with both of them "bulba"-ing.

Robert
16th April 2005, 3:53 PM
This was a good episode. There were some very funny lines and some good battles. There was some good use of Vine Whip to show interactions between the Bulbasaurs. However, it was a bit odd that they had the house in armor so quickly. More importantly, not a lot of this episode was stuff that we haven't seen before. Still a solid episode nevertheless.

FlamingRuby
16th April 2005, 4:41 PM
I caught the tail beginning of it (my mom kicked me off the TV right when Max told Professor Oak that May got a Bulbasaur)...so I didn't get to hear May's Bulbasaur.

Medea
16th April 2005, 4:49 PM
This episode wasn't the greatest, but at least I got see Ash's Bulbasaur again, which kind of made up for this episode.

SuperSonic
16th April 2005, 8:39 PM
I liked it when James said to Cacnea, "Do we need to have another talk?" too.

Brocksketchum
16th April 2005, 9:56 PM
I was so caught up in the mistake of the Trainer's Choice that I didn't even answer the question!
(Actually, more like didn't see the third choice.)

James was rocking today! If all three thought that way, then they could almost succeed like that Arcanine episode.

But of course, bad luck always strikes them like Cupid's arrow. :(

I don't know about all of you, but I thought Ash's and May's Bulbasaur sounded the same throughout the episode.
All of you must have better ears than me.

"Game, set, and match!"

PDL
16th April 2005, 11:34 PM
well, James and TR did make this episode great... very kooky bunch :D

and it was somewhat interesting to see Ash and May's Bulbasaur interacting with one another

vulpix
17th April 2005, 1:58 AM
i loved this episode cause we finally see Ashes Bulbasaur after a very long time.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
17th April 2005, 2:38 AM
I noticed a mistake. TR seemed to have found that shack in the woods, Meowth even acknowledging this occurance. Yet, James puts up armor around the house as though he'd been meaning to come there all along. How is this possible? Unless the armor was already there......There had to be one heck of a hermit living there to install steel plating around a hosue in the mountains^^. And even then, how would James know of this armor? Meh, it's hardly noticable, so it doesn't matter much.
"Another talk"? I'd have loved to see the first one:D.

SC~ out

Kamex
17th April 2005, 9:31 PM
Seeing Bulbasaur was cool, I agree. Although, Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, with Squirtle and Wartortle coming in after, so it would have been an even bigger treat for me to see Ash's Squirtle come back, with Squirtle Squad shades and all. But whatever.

Nice to see Golbat and Primeape again. And they sounded exactly the same as they used to. Nice.

Team Rocket was pretty useless again, but that's their job. :P Actually, they were pretty funny. Besides James' voice which refuses to change back to the old one, I liked Team Rocket, as I usually do. From James' "plans" line, to his "Do we need to have another talk?" line. And don't forget Meowth: "Enguarde, touche! Go away!"

I'll give this episode a 7/10. I always seem to give that rating. >_>

Bulba the Great!
18th April 2005, 2:15 AM
I personally LOVED this episode! Two Bulbasaurs in one! Even though May's Bulby seemed to drop down to Ash's at certain points....but they were really cute!

I loved TR in this eppy, too! I'm really hyper right now!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Geodude
18th April 2005, 6:26 AM
This ep had some of the funniest dialogue in recent memory, I agree. :D

Meowth: "Ha! Unless it involves pain, we don't know da meanin' o' givin' up!" XD

wobbanut
18th April 2005, 8:52 PM
I don't really have a lot to say about the episode (it's got to be one of the few episodes I can barely remember two days later), but I did like the two bulbasaurs, and it was great seeing Ash's bulbasaur again (or ANY of the beloved pokemon left behind; now I can't wait for the Snorlax/slakoth episode or the Chronicles). The two bulbasaurs were really cute together, and it's interesting that May's bulbasaur had that same love for flowers that Torchic does.

Kanto Trio
20th April 2005, 1:44 AM
Well, this episode wasn't really as good as some of the other AG episodes. The plot was a bit too uniteresting for me. It wasn't totally boring though, just wasn't like the other AG episodes. Plus, I did kind of enjoy it. The fact that Ash's Bulbasour came back was kind of nice even though it was for only one episode. Sigh, I just wished they showed Ash's Bulbasour use Solarbeam on Team Rocket instead of Pikachu using Thunderbolt on Team Rocket. Still it wasn't totally bad.

Rating: 6/10

xyzman123
5th May 2005, 1:11 AM
I just got one question. How can you tell which Bulbasaur is which?

Jesse GS the II
5th May 2005, 6:37 AM
May's Bulbasaur has little heart patterns on its forehead, whereas Ash's Bulbasaur just has the traditional triangles. Also, their voices are different (much moreso in Japan).

Pika Hikari KT
5th May 2005, 8:22 PM
Jesse's right--it also tells us May's Bulbasaur is female(most of us probably knew Ash's Bulbasaur was male even before Bulba fell in love with Florinda's Gloom).

.MarioKart
6th May 2005, 4:57 PM
This episode was great, but not one of my favorites, but it had good action. Not to mention we get to see Ash's Bulbasaur again.

7/10

;196; FireVapor

Factory Head Noland
15th May 2005, 11:00 AM
Another great episode! The return of Ash's Bulbasaur even if was only for an episode.

This episode was just so funny, the things that Team Rocket came out with, lol.
It's a pity that Ash's Bulbasaur had to go back...stupid Grass and Water Pokemon arguing...
I'm still saying BBB!

Overall: 9.3/10
Excellent episode, "Advanced Adventure", 2 Bulbasaurs! It was an overall great episode.

Torkoal Stu
15th May 2005, 11:24 AM
A good episode overall. The two bulbasuars, Team Rocket were funny and I wish bublasaur could of stayed. Talliow finaly got an appearence after a while also who noticed, Beautifly had Nuzleaf's name and how can Combusken beat Meditite? Wierd. Shoormish and a Nuzleaf two ignored pokemon from the grass garden. (Thye should of been in the last epsiode)

I would say 8.5/10 overall.

~Torkoal Stu~

Sasuke.
15th May 2005, 11:29 AM
Can't believe people liked it :confused: What happened apart from plotholes and just plain stupid things everywhere? I mean Ash and Brock going "Chaaaarge!" and sprinting off to catch up with a truck? They should forget pokemon and enter the olympics, if they can't think of a proper way of getting Bulbasaur back don't make it get taken away in the first place
And I can't remember how exactly May Brock Max and 2 Bulbasaurs managed to climb a 10ft steel wall and get onto the roof, did they explain that and I missed it?

Anyway apart from Nuzleaf this episode was boring, no good battle, no shipping even, no nothing, 3/10 filler

Factory Head Noland
15th May 2005, 11:33 AM
...you're nice ^ It was a great episode!

The Trainer's Choice did confuse me though, Beautifly was the right Pokemon to go for:
Flying > Fighting
Bug > Psychic
A Combusken is part Fighting type therefore has a weakness to Meditite...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
15th May 2005, 3:13 PM
under beatifly's name it said nuzleaf 0.o

and how is combusken best to use againts meditite?
psychic pwnz fighting

It was an Ok ep but not a great ep 5/10

scotty2hotty
28th July 2005, 2:58 AM
It was an alright episode. Ash's Bulbasaur was pretty cool to see again.

The only thing in this episode that struck me as odd was the start of the episode. Team Rocket is 'fixing' the Pokeball Transporter. Didn't they have something to do with the Pokeball Trasport System in a banned episode before?

I would have thought that the creators of Pokemon would stay away from that area for fear of striking up the memories of the Porygon episode.

Batdude
29th July 2005, 10:52 AM
The con of this ep? May's Bulbasaur.

The pro of this ep? Ash's Bulbasaur.

I thought James was pretty cool in this one. He actually managed to seem like a slick operator for once, with his whole baseball maneuvers. And I'd say at least half of the viewers smiled when Ash got taken down by Golbat and walloped by Primeape. My single favourite moment was when Cacnea did it's projectile thing (I can't remember if it was pin missile or needle arm) towards Mayasaur, and then Ashasaur just leaps infront of it and uses it's vine whip to block all of them.

Geki
15th August 2005, 11:10 PM
One of my favorite Advanced Challenge episodes. Ash's Bulbasaur has always been one of my favorites, and seeing it in Hoenn was a treat. May's got along with Ash's so well.

8/10

grovile
26th August 2005, 7:07 PM
This episode has great music and a funny episode with Bulbasar.

Blizzard
20th March 2006, 5:19 PM
James (To Cacnea, who is hugging him again):"Do we have to have another talk?"
^I Lolled so hard when I heard that.^

skatervince
29th March 2006, 5:56 PM
i think its lame they have to give may other pokemon because now they are giving may most of ash old pokemon

SpongeBoblover
1st July 2006, 8:29 AM
I just saw the episode today at 5 PM & it was great how Ash & May's Bulbasaurs manage to get the pokeballs back from Team Rocket

He he funny how James & Meowth used a ski as a bat/hockey stick

No wonder they call this episode Hockey Pokeballs :D

8/10

Ashy Boy
1st July 2006, 11:24 AM
One of the best episodes ever. It was great to see Ash's Bulbasaur back in action even though it had to be returned to Oak's lab in the end.

raymundo
2nd July 2006, 11:45 PM
i thought that episode rocked, it was funny how in the beggining how may's bulbasaur kept running away

JJAB91
2nd July 2006, 11:48 PM
one thing still bothers me when team rocket run into the house they found how did James know to push the butten for the shields if they just found the house?

Golde
2nd July 2006, 11:54 PM
they probably made them while they were in there.

JJAB91
3rd July 2006, 2:28 AM
but they were in there for only like 2 seconds

Reece
3rd July 2006, 3:09 AM
I always like seeing old Pokemon return, so I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

Judai Yuki
7th July 2006, 4:13 PM
Too bad Bulbasaur couldn't stay. :/

ShinyManafi
2nd February 2007, 4:33 AM
Nice re-appearance of Ash's Bulbasaur. Overall nice episode, with TR being dumb as usual. ;)

cjoey97
12th March 2007, 8:11 AM
well i think that Ash should have kept the Bulbasaur because it is rare to most people.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 6:59 AM
It was cool to see Bulbasaur again. But it was nice that it didn't stay. I've seen enough of him since Johto. Grovyle wasn't there long enough yet anyway.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 10:21 AM
it was good to see bulbasaur again after such a long time, it was a good episode if you ask me.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 4:25 PM
The 2 Bulbasuar's together are so cute ^_^

Armaldo48
6th January 2010, 1:01 PM
It was nice to see Bulbasaur again.

7.5/10

Lorde
8th January 2010, 2:32 AM
A ridiculous reason to bring back Ash's Bulbasaur for just one episode.

Just so it could meet May's new Bulbasaur? Kind of a sorry excuse to showcase it again. Anyway the overall story was boring. The Bulbasaur were all I was paying much attention to.

Fake PokeBalls have been overdone. 1/10

Ash-kid
13th January 2010, 10:56 AM
I really loved to see Ash's Bulbasaur again. it was great to see it with May's Bulbasaur.

And the Golbat that Brock return to it's pokeball was big.

8/10

Willow's Tara
9th May 2010, 4:27 AM
I actually think it's a nice reason for them to bring Bulbasaur back.
It was a fine episode, I liked how they kept battling the pokeballs and threw it into the house where the Pokemon was released. The trainers in that town must be really like transferring their Pokemon alot if there was that many (And how can it take so long for them to realize that?). Now was it me or was James really cocky in this episode?

saar
7th July 2010, 10:15 AM
Bulbasaur really learned a lot from Ash's Bulbasaur in this episode. I think it very helped.:)
Team Rocket should have run from there...

KGB13
1st August 2010, 11:13 PM
This episode was kinda boring to me.

The only thing I really enjoyed was the fact that Ash's Bulbasaur came back, but that was about it.

G50
4th March 2011, 6:20 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see May's Bulbasaur and Ash's Bulbasaur come together, meet each other and get along. It was great to see Ash's Bulbasaur come back for this episode. It was cool to see Ash's Bulbasaur protect May's Bulbasaur. TR again wasn't very smart in this episode, instead of sending the Pokemon to the boss right away, they wait too long and pay the price.

40/100

hever
4th March 2011, 7:50 PM
Any episode with Bulbasaur is awesome.

7/10

Vernikova
12th July 2012, 7:53 PM
Oh dear. This was almost as bad as the last episode. Team Rocket was dreadful in this episode and it's worse than usual since they're actually what's driving the plot forward here. Nothing else to be said about this.

7threst
30th September 2012, 8:04 AM
It was great to see both May's and Ash's Bulbasaur again and I thought James was great in this episode. You can tell Eric Stuart had fun with this episode. But one of the cons was the whole plot of Team Rocket that was too long lol.