PDA

View Full Version : Whiscash and Ash (351)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:53 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/351.jpgWhiscash and Ash

While relaxing near a lake, Ash is shocked when a Giant Whiscash eats his badge case. Determined to get it back, he asks for help from the local Fishing Master. Will he be able to get his badges back?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/351.shtml)

Discuss

Torkoal Stu
18th December 2004, 8:08 AM
is it me or do ashs badges always get stolen! but this is the masterballs debut because the fishing master throws it at wishcash but wishcash eats it. ;340; ;340; i think someone should catch wishcash someone like brock. and some more dub title ideas are

-whiscash you were here- (wish you were here)
-whiscash upon a star- (wish apon a star)
-whats your whiscash?- (whats your wish?)
;340;

King Shuckle
3rd January 2005, 5:49 AM
Nah, I got some of my own Dubbies
~Whiscash in Your Chips! (Cash In Your Chips)
~Cold Hard Whiscash (Cold Hard Cash)
~Take It or Leave It! (Phrase)

ChaosMage
16th January 2005, 9:39 AM
I agree with Whiscash upon a Star and Cold Hard Whishcash. It could be either.

Sushi
9th April 2005, 12:07 AM
I've just seen this ep and... I guess I'll never forget its hilarity. The fishing master was very funny, and there were many priceless expressions of all the other characters included too.
I think my favorite scene was when something bit into the fishing master's lure, the background music changed, signalizing danger, and I already thought it was the giant Whiscash and then.. it was just a Magikarp^^
Ash's idea with Corphish hitting him with crabhammer was pretty smart.
And Team Rocket was also really good this time. Their motto performance was hilarious xD
I really liked this episode!

jolteonjak
10th April 2005, 5:13 AM
Does it have a name yet?

Rex Kamex
23rd April 2005, 4:12 PM
I'm watching this dub episode as I type this, and so far, the badge case still has the red rectangle on it. Also, the master fisherman guy calls himself a "god" in this episode, which was unexpected. I really like this episode, though. Well, I'd better continue watching this.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd April 2005, 4:34 PM
This episode was great!
Sullivan was awesome, both character(egocentric guy, that's not very common in the animé, at least as far as I know) and voice. I love how Max just kept putting him in hsi place XD. The facial expressions in this episode were great. And, "Nero." Didn't see that coming. I'm surprised he named him.
TR is stupid. they caught the rarest Pokémon in Hoenn three times, and they just throw it away.
Feebas was pronounced oddly. I always said, "Feeb-us." But the animé pronounces it "Fee-bass." Weird.
Hannah was freaky. Its eyes glowed red when it used Dynamicpunch o.o. It looked pretty evil whenever it used the other attacks, too.

Overall rating:
9.8 out of 10!!!!!
This was an excellent filler. Great debut for Whiscash too.

SC~ out

CyberCubed
23rd April 2005, 4:38 PM
It only took 300+ episodes but they've finally shown the Masterball in the anime! LMAO, at Wishcash swallowing the thing instead of being captured by it, that was a great twist.

I really like the animation team for this episode, everything looked pretty good. The episode was just average overall, but it was nice seeing Feebas chomping on Jessie's hair and Flaffy finally getting decent screentime.

Ash WTF moment #1: Diving underwater and drowning.
Ash WTF moment #2: Telling Corphish to use Crabhammer on him to knock him to the other side of the lake.
Ash WTF moment #3: Ash somehow lifting the giant Wishcash in the air, when the Wishcash probably weighs like 200 pounds or something.

Decent episode, much better than the horrible Murkrrow episode from Johto.

Jesse GS the II
23rd April 2005, 4:40 PM
I don't know the name of the animation studio that did this episode (they also did "Poetry Commotion" and "Exploud and Clear"), but it seems like their every episode turns out to be a classic, and not just in the hysterically expressive animation either. I admit, the premise of Ash getting his badges stolen has been done before ("All That Glitters", "Why? Wynaut"), but this time, the new character Sullivan brought a new angle (no pun intended) to the issue. I was surprised that he called himself a "fishing god" - that's fair game, but Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have to be called "titans"?

For their brief screen time, Jessie and James were classic again (although I wish 4Kids would come up with a consistent translation for their promotion chant). I found it funny that Jessie was actually angry to keep getting a Feebas attacking her hair, considering how stupidly rare those things are.

Hey, we finally get a Flaaffy on the show. And boy, did this animation studio make it a badass or what? But the pinnacle of genius in this episode had to be Nero swallowing Sullivan's Master Ball - I laughed myself silly at that one - then balancing it on his tongue against the sunset during the final scene. Altogether, this was a great episode that took a recycled idea and made it look innovative anyway.

P.S. Was I the only one hoping that Max would pick a Jirachi lure?

onix lord
23rd April 2005, 4:54 PM
I didn't think this episode was the greatest, but it also wasn't that bad. I liked all the different lures they used. Lotad was especially cool. And Sullivan was a pretty cool character. I liked his Flaffy alot. I was also really suprised when he didn't catch Whiscash with the masterball, but atleast now he can keep searching for it.

Dogasu
23rd April 2005, 5:15 PM
I don't know the name of the animation studio that did this episode

According to the Japanese credits, it's animated by Team Ota.

Anyway, here's the Gym Leader picture from this episode:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/075_gym_leaders.jpg

Pika Hikari KT
23rd April 2005, 5:34 PM
What a great filler! Even though Ash loses his badges again, Sullivan makes up for it big time! I was hoping he would sound like Pegasus as an inside joke, but I like the voice he was given. 3 Pokémon debut: Whiscash, Feebas and Flaafy...sort of. Flaafy didn't really get a proper debut in the 3rd movie. "Fishing God"...Does this means he's an equal to JBL?:p(Lightning: Probably; and in more ways than one!:D) I'm surprised the Whiscash was given a name...Nero...wasn't that the name of a character in 'Moby Dick'? If so, nice reference! Sullivan, as I said before, was hilarious; and Max teasing him added to the hilarity.^_^ We also get the Master Ball's debut...too bad Nero swallowed it. That feat would later be repeated by Munchlax, but who really cares, May caught it anyways!;) 9/10 for this episode!

Medea
23rd April 2005, 5:38 PM
This episode wasn't the greatest, but it had some good parts. Like when the Master Ball ended up in Whiscash. Haw Haw!

Sweet May
23rd April 2005, 5:47 PM
i like this episode because it was funny. I liked it when Max threw the fishing rod and it landed between the trees and everyone was surprised.... including Max......... this episode was funny:D

Jesse GS the II
23rd April 2005, 5:48 PM

Thank you! I can finally put a name to my favorite outsourced studio.

Professor Ivy
23rd April 2005, 6:35 PM

Anyway, here's the Gym Leader picture from this episode:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/075_gym_leaders.jpg

It was oh okay
I was upset about the guy called himself a god, and I was shock to see a master ball pokéball because, i though it was so rare that they would not make tem in the show. Team Rocket's Motto was oh okay, but the animetion was a just to creep for me. They look evil or something. ANd what happan to Meowth' voice turn one of his speak it was very high. Maddie what happan there?

And TR, well jessy catch a feebas, why didn't mewoth or james know they it evoele into the pretty pokemon.

Emma Iveli
23rd April 2005, 6:58 PM
It was really funny episode. I laughed so hard when Nero ate the Master Ball. It was also great when Feebas grabbed on to Jessie's hair. I also think that Ash should really take of his badges, each one these epsioes makes Ash look stupid, the first time: it was just bad luck Second time: A little ignorace third time: Vergreing on on stupidty. My geuss the 4th time Ash will be offically stupid.

Samayowa
23rd April 2005, 7:02 PM
i dont like when they make little side episodes like that i mean it was funny but it was kinda pointless IMO ;156;

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd April 2005, 7:34 PM
Heh, wait till you see what happens when TR finds out about Milotic a few episodes from now.

I always called it Fee-bus....

Oh, and was the Whiscash named in the original, I do know the Flaffy was indeed Hana in the original.

Torkoal Stu
23rd April 2005, 7:39 PM
I always said fee-bass! Also how was feebass' and wishcash's dub voices?

Cap D. Blue
23rd April 2005, 7:41 PM
I noticed they abused the "large mouths" animations.

Yes, and I can't wait for the expression in TR's face when they find out that Milotic evolves from Feebas. ;371;

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd April 2005, 7:42 PM
I think Feebas kept its japanese voice, not sure though.

Whiscash said its name, and it sounded kinda like Forretress.

Flaffy sounded like a drugged up Taillow to me.

And Sullivan, I didn't recognize his voice, TV Tome says Dan Green, but.....

The Big Al
23rd April 2005, 7:45 PM
I would have fallen over laughing if the Master Ball captured Niro from the inside out. THough I doubt would be a pretty picture when he comes out. :o

"Fishing God" yet it takes him 50+ years to catch one fish.

Puffs
23rd April 2005, 7:48 PM
This was a funny episode, even though Flaaffy's animation sucked.

"Go Masterball!" *Wiscash eats it* SO FUNNY!! XD

MayAsh1987
23rd April 2005, 7:51 PM
I liked this episode, it was funny. I like episodes where people act stupid like Ash losing his badges again. In a way, I could of sworn I seen something similiar, I don't remember, but how Whiscash taunting Ash, reminded something I seen. Its not MOby Dick story.

I love all the different expressions used in this episode, all the panicking, faliure, happy, sad, laughing, mad, so many feelings! I like Flaffy, the aminators made it cute and fierce which to me was surprising. Then the Master Ball gettin' eatin' by Nero. That was funny. Jesse hair gettin' eaten by a Feebas was funny too.

Sullivan was a great side character. I like when AMM&B called Sullivan legend. Made me laugh, and how Max put him down.

Overall, good episode, voices was actually fantastic for once, like Sullivan voice, and Ash's voice was aggressive in this one which me like! Plus all the others!

I rate this 8.9 out of 10! Great filler!

Puffs
23rd April 2005, 7:59 PM
it was scary when Ash almost died (that would've been the 3rd time!). Overall, it was a really good episode, I give it 8/10.

Revolutionary Destiny
23rd April 2005, 8:07 PM
Ah, Ash's stupidity returns once again. I like the new mature Ash but seeing Kanto Ash is always nice.

I noticed that the word 'God' is popping up in the anime more often (in the Solrock episode, in "Love, Petalburg Style!" when Caroline says "Good God"). Maybe they couldn't say the word 'God' in the early days because Pokemon was more popular and parents would be having a fit about Pokemon teaching religion or some other stuff like that.

One moment I thought was funny was when Max got his fishing rod in between the two stumps on the first try and Sullivan got depressed over that. Everyone's facial expressions were funny.

Very funny episode: 9/10

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd April 2005, 8:21 PM
She said good lord, and in the Lombre episode I think he was the Lord of the Water or something.......

Lord is not as bad as god, apparently, but still hearing god said like 3 times is amazing!

Pokemon Fan
23rd April 2005, 8:46 PM
I can't believe some of the criticism that has been voiced here on this episode (not the below quote but others). How can anyone be upset that they included a Master Ball? Of course, they're rare, that's why Sullivan said it took him fifty years to get his hands on one. Some people are hard to please here...

Ash WTF moment #3: Ash somehow lifting the giant Wishcash in the air, when the Wishcash probably weighs like 200 pounds or something.
It actually made a lot of sense. by getting in front of Nero, Ash was able to use its forward momentum against it, like pulling something toward you that is already coming toward you.

This episode was so full of energy! It almost felt like I was watching a different show altogether. Lots of great expressions and great voice acting, I loved Mr. Sullivan, the fishing god! ^_^

And what about that incredible Flaaffy? I didn't think it was possible to make that thing look vicious but sheesh, it looked homicidal at times! :scared: I guess it was angry after being denied an anime appearence as a non-illusion Pokemon for so long.

Other great scenes:

*Max unintentionally destroying Sullivan's pride time and again*

*The whole "drowning Ash and the Pikachu lure" thing*

*Jessie's hair being attacked again, and again, and again*

*A huge eruption of water reveals! ... a tiny Magikarp!*

Meowth: "A Whiscash? Those things are near impossible to find."
*a small Whiscash leaps by him*

*Ash going nuts again and again, we haven't seen him lose his cool like that in a while, it's always fun to see him so full of passion*

*Ash's action-hero moves to get Whiscash on land*

The Big Al
23rd April 2005, 10:57 PM
Yes, this was definately Kanto busting into Hoenn (It's especially nice after the crap Johto like filler we got last week.)

A guest character who was face faulting funny. Sullivan, the self proclaimed fishing god. I can't what for the Claydol episode which will have a similar guy.

Facial expressions you can't help but laugh at.

Good humor all around (and no I'm not talking about ice cream).

The characters actually fishing (something that is common in the games but rarely scene, even while Misty was around).

A episode based on fishing (unprecedented).

The flaafinator. XD

And of course the Master Ball eating. (I still think it would have been great if the Master Ball just caught him but poor Sullivan would be without purpose.)

The Big Al's rating
8.7 out 10

Kanto Trio
24th April 2005, 1:54 AM
I thought this was a good episode. It was also pretty funny. I thought it was funny when Sullivan kept on catching small Pokemon. It was also funny when Feebas kept on biting Jessie's hair. That scene where they showed all the Hoenn gym leaders was also good. The only thing I didn't like was Sullivan's voice. I think they could of done better.

Rating - 9/10

Kanadian Kyuubi
24th April 2005, 3:27 PM
Everything was very cute, the whiscash had a neat voice. Reminds me of Slowpoke kinda. That feebas that kept biting on to Jessie's hair was funny, maybe the Magikarp guy should sell Feebas one day. He does appear again in the Chimecho ep and Pearls are a Spoink's best friend.

Robert
24th April 2005, 5:21 PM
This was one my favorite fillers ever... The animation was some of the best ever, and there were all sorts of funny moments, from Jessie getting her hair eaten to Sullivan being so easy flattered into doing favors. I liked the battles near the end, and I think it was funny to see a Flaaffy act so savage... I loved seeing a Master Ball, and I thought it was great that it got eaten; mostly because it was funny. Also because Ash and Co. always seem to run into someone who have been trying to do something for years and then the one day they visit just happens to be the one the person accomplishes the goal... Great twist. The only thing I disliked about the episode was the scene where Ash almost drowned... Seemed odd. Still an awesome episode, though.

PDL
24th April 2005, 7:51 PM
I've been looking forward to this episode since it first aired in Japan, and it's excellent :D

all the good points have been mentioned already, so I don't need to repeat them

however, I was a little surprized that Sullavin proclaimed himself to be a "fishing god", but it's was quite good

Kamex
24th April 2005, 10:36 PM
Nice episode.

Meh, I don't feeling like listing out the good points, right now. They were already mentioned anyway. But it was a funny episode, Sullivan really spiced it up with his humor. And the Masterball thing. Yup, good stuff.

And I guess Sullivan has to spend more exciting years finding Nemo...er, Nero. ^^

I'll give this episode an 8/10.

Silver Ryu
25th April 2005, 4:07 AM
I loved this episode, it was so funny! Sullivan doing things because they called him a legend, Ash tripping over the bucket, Nero eating the Master Ball, Hannah the scary Flaafy...XD! Stupid Jessie! She shooed off one of the rarest Pokemon in Hoenn! That must have been torture to the people who have yet to catch a Feebas! Sure, this episode was a filler, but the humor more than makes up for it! I give it a 9/10.

(o) ;340;

(o) >;340;

;340;

wobbanut
26th April 2005, 1:13 AM
LOL, Sullivan was absolutely hilarious in this episode. I loved the exaggerated faces and his smarmy voice. It was great. :D I also liked Jessie accidentally catching the feebas with her hair three times. :D Overall, very funny episode. It was a little distressing to see Ash drown, though. That's unusually serious for the show (even the dewgong bit in "The Joy of Pokemon" and the fantasy in "Pokemon Shipwreck" had cutaways).

8/10

Jesse GS the II
26th April 2005, 1:17 AM
It was a little distressing to see Ash drown, though. That's unusually serious for the show (even the dewgong bit in "The Joy of Pokemon" and the fantasy in "Pokemon Shipwreck" had cutaways).

You think that's bad, just wait until 4Kids releases the first Misty HoSo.

Geodude
26th April 2005, 3:39 AM
So Sullivan had been hunting that Whiscash for 50 years, yet didn't know that it was part Ground type? XD

ŁańkaŃ
26th April 2005, 5:15 AM
So Sullivan had been hunting that Whiscash for 50 years, yet didn't know that it was part Ground type? XD

yea...i kno that's kinda FUNNY...OH GREAT MASTER...isn't he...LOL

but the funny thing was Max putting the guy down LOW LOW...with his HONEST WORDS...:P LOL

TooCoolScyther
26th April 2005, 11:42 AM
Great episode. But one thing I just wanna say.

Imagine being Ash. Wouldn't it totally suck to get your badges stolen... then you dive underwater for it... only to drown to death? That would have been a sad way to end your journey towards being a Pokemon Master.

Anyhoo, great episode like everyone said. I was expecting your typical filler, but didn't expect THIS many humor. Usually the humor we get are lines made by James. But in this episode, more of the funny things were definitely from Sullivan.

Heracross
27th April 2005, 3:58 AM
I've gotta say, this is one of the best episodes of Advanced Generation I've ever seen, and there are only about 20 I haven't viewed in one language or another.:P The animation was simply excellent and really brought out the humor of the episode, and the fishing master was easily one of the funniest one-shots since the guy in charge of building the Giva Dam.

I really wish the animation would be this good every week, the use of thick lines to accentuate action is always cool, and everyone's outrageous expressions throughout the whole episode were absolutely hilarious.

ŁańkaŃ
29th April 2005, 3:06 AM
I agree with you Heracross...even though it wasn't a IMPORTANT ep...it was a good noo noo...and EXCELLENT filler

Space Skitty
2nd May 2005, 12:31 AM
I thought this was a hilarious episode. Sullivan was a great character; I wouldn't mind the gang meeting him again someday. It's not everyday you see a filler character with a unique (and hilarious) personality. I also thought it was funny how Max kept shaming Sullivan so easily! XD Overall, one funny episode!

Ashfan17
3rd May 2005, 4:14 AM
Ok Ash has lost his badges tons of times but still a hoot. It was a very funny episode and to see Ash almost die again like that is just heart breaking, though I knew he wouldn’t die from the images on Serebii's site lol so I knew before hand. I was hoping the fisherman guy was in the Hoeon league and was going to be one of Ash's competitions but oh well. I liked the episode very well done; animation has defiantly improved over the years. How many times has Ash almost died? Very sad.

Jesse GS the II
3rd May 2005, 4:58 AM
How many times has Ash almost died? Very sad.

Well, let's see...

- "Pokémon! I Choose You": Almost mauled by a flock of Spearow; nearly drowns in river
- "Pokémon Shipwreck": Stranded in the sunken St. Anne; attacked by five Gyarados
- "Abra and the Psychic Showdown": Almost falls off a cliff
- "The Tower of Terror": Crushed under a fallen chandeleir
- "Pokémon Scent-Sation": Risks own life by running into the burning Celadon Gym to save Gloom
- "The Ninja-Poké Showdown": Almost falls through a trick wall in the Fuschia City Gym
- "The Legend of Dratini": Nearly drowns trying to retrieve dynamite from the bottom of a lake
- "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon": Trapped in a cave-in in Grandpa Canyon after an explosion
- "Holiday Hi-Jynx": Nearly drowns again trying to swim to the North Pole while towing a raft
- "Snow Way Out": Trapped in an ice cave by an avalanche
- "The Pi-Kahuna": Nearly drowns again after being knocked unconscious while surfing
- "Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back": Nearly drowns again in the ocean after boat capsizes; turned to stone by Mewtwo and Mew's attacks
- "A Scare in the Air": Miraculously survives crash landing on rickety, dilapidated blimp
- "The Joy of Pokémon": Nearly drowns again while smothered with hugs by a Dewgong
- "Pokémon Food Fight": Almost eaten by his own Snorlax while disguised as an apple
- "The Stun Spore Detour": Stricken with paralysis after a Vileplume attack

There's undoubtedly more, but they're likely in that "I-quit-watching" gap between "The Light Fantastic" and "Exploud and Clear". Anyone care to add on?

Kanadian Kyuubi
3rd May 2005, 1:55 PM
Yeah, the AshApple one was pretty funny you know. Best, Gag, Ever!

xyzman123
5th May 2005, 1:16 AM
I was wondering when the MB would show up in the anime.

Flame The Blaziken
6th May 2005, 11:07 PM
Oh my god. That episode was just simply -hilarious-. I felt like smacking the crap outta Jessie for letting a FEEBAS go. XD Also, it was just.. XD man when the whiscash ate the masterball. This proves that 'god' is stupid, seriously. XD

Over all, I think it a great episode... XD

Solar Crimson
9th May 2005, 10:35 PM
IMO, this was one of the best recent Pokémon episodes. I laughed my *** off throughout the entire episode. Especially during the gang's expressions when Whiscash ate the Master Ball.

I was also surprised to hear the word "god" being used in the cartoon. 4kids must be lightening up the editing.

Jessie tossing out all of those Feebas... she should be arrested for that.

Overall, it was a great episode, and probably qualifies for the funniest Pokémon episode ever.

9/10

P.S.: Hannah the Flaaffy was scary.

Sasuke.
22nd May 2005, 9:41 AM
This just aires in the UK so ...
Great wasn't it XD I don't normally laugh out loud at pokémon but this was hilarious, seeing the master ball was :cool: Max putting Sullivan down and some great kawaii looks on their faces to follow, Meowth with his "Wiscash are near impossible to find" *one hops by followed by a huge one*, a big build up to Sullivans big catch and ... Magikarp?! And though normally repetitive jokes get ... well repetitive, I thought "Legend!" was great XD

One thing though I thought Wiscash were bigger then that, the "normal" sized ones were teeny, what kind of evo is that how big must Barboach be?
Oh and seen as Meowth tends to know a lot about pokémon the little bookworm, why didn't he know what Feebas was XD

Unfortunately I cut my finger half was through this ep so that kind of distracted me, I'll have to watch it again later, back to bed for me now though :D

pokeking
22nd May 2005, 11:03 AM
Absolutly hilarious!!
By the way whats the next episode out???

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
22nd May 2005, 11:10 AM
the next ep is me,myself and time

It was a good ep!

they way Max was always putting Sullivan down and they only got their own way when they called him a legend!

wtf did Jesse throw away the feebas? She's dumb

REALY FUNNY EP
10/10

best filler ever!

Torkoal Stu
22nd May 2005, 11:13 AM
Good Points:
*Max constantly putting Sulivan down.
*Feebas and Jessies hair was hilarious.
*Johto Pokemon. Flaffy and Remoraid.
*Some Hoenn pokemon. Carhanva.
*Master Ball.
*Wishcash eating the Master Ball. I shouted Phailed!
*The sence with all the gym leaders and their main pokemon. Torkoal was nice.
*Their faces after stuff happend. Master Ball being eaten, Max getting a perfect thing etc.

Bad Points:
*Ash losing his badges. Damm thats annoying.
*Just like the Murkrow, Wishcash are attracted to shiny things.
*The Wishcash were way too small. Also Juan/Adan Wishcash isn't that small.

Anyone notice that Grovlye fired Bullet Seed downwards to burst the balloon when the balloon was above them?

10/10 Hilarious! :) :cool:

♥Princess Ketchum♥
22nd May 2005, 11:14 AM
i think wishcash and ash was funny and i liked ash was all hot and strong

i give it 10/10

pokeking
22nd May 2005, 11:15 AM
I thought Grovlye wasn't able to fire Bullet Seed, but was determined to learn???
Wouldn't it be in a prominant place in an episode as it's quite a big deal to him???

Sushi
22nd May 2005, 11:21 AM
I thought Grovlye wasn't able to fire Bullet Seed, but was determined to learn???
Wouldn't it be in a prominant place in an episode as it's quite a big deal to him???

Grovyle had learned Bullet Seed even before it evolved, in "What You Seed Is What You Get". You can see it using the attack in "Going, Going, Yawn" and some other eps before this one.

pokeking
22nd May 2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm from the UK and the episodes are quite mxed up in order, i don't even know when its a new or old episode anymore!!

22nd May 2005, 11:30 AM
Im from the UK to but check on the Sky TV guide or the main site

Torkoal Stu
22nd May 2005, 12:15 PM
Wait the pokemon dex says

Wishcash-0.9m Height
Barbroach-0.4m Height

But from the Barbroach episode preview pics that Joe posted Babroach was bigger than that and so is Adans Wishcash. So how does that work? So in thi episode there the right size in every other epsiode there not.

22nd May 2005, 12:16 PM
o.9 metres HEIGHT AS IN TALL? DONT YOU MEAN LONG? either way whiscash is A VERY BIG CATFISH

Torkoal Stu
22nd May 2005, 1:07 PM
o.9 metres HEIGHT AS IN TALL? DONT YOU MEAN LONG? either way whiscash is A VERY BIG CATFISH

0.9 isn't big. Long I meant, that isn't big your thinking of 9.0., I think. Either way it is small.

vicfred
22nd May 2005, 8:48 PM
hey what's up i'm new mmm yo know where can i download the pokemon episodies for bittorrent or direct? ;151;

Torkoal Stu
22nd May 2005, 8:49 PM
Your not allowed to ask that. Sorry its ilegal.

WindyNight
22nd May 2005, 8:56 PM
YTV aired that episode last week. It was an okay episode. It was really funny at the end when the Whiscash ate the Master Ball...lol
I give a rating: 6.5/10 for the episode...^^

Geki
16th August 2005, 2:45 AM
One of my favorite AG episodes. It inspired me to go fishing!! Giant Whiscash was awesome, it would have been cool if it used Earthquake and Hydro Pump against the Fishing Legend's Flaafy. Ash used Grovyle too, which was pretty cool.

8/10

Little_Munkki
17th September 2005, 5:50 AM
I read the summary before it actually came out and was like "Eh. This episode seems boring. I'm not going to watch it."

But I saw it today and my opinion has totally changed. I found it very funny. During TR's motto, when they were saying it in the direction opposite of Ash & Co, I seriously thought they brain dead. I was just waiting for Ash or somebody to say "Uh...guys...we're over here", up until the point they turned around when they said their names.

Sullivan was very funny. Especially when he gets all sorry for himself. Kinda sad that this guy has devoted 50 years of his life to catch Nero (the giant Whiscash), though.

There were some awesome battles in this ep, too. Ash & Co vs. Team Rocket, Grovyle vs. Nero, and Nero vs. Hana (Sullivan's Flaafy). Hana was very cute and it had some awesome attacks.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 5:02 AM
i loved this episode! funny and fun to watch, especially when whiscash swallowed the master ball. never wouldve thought a pokemon could dodge a master ball.

RedJirachi
9th November 2005, 9:12 AM
It was really funny episode. I laughed so hard when Nero ate the Master Ball. It was also great when Feebas grabbed on to Jessie's hair. I also think that Ash should really take of his badges, each one these epsioes makes Ash look stupid, the first time: it was just bad luck Second time: A little ignorace third time: Vergreing on on stupidty. My geuss the 4th time Ash will be offically stupid.
I agree.I loved it when the masterball had an appearance and got eated.I hope the MasterBall makes more apperances.

FREEZER
10th April 2006, 7:13 PM
Today it was firstly aired in Germany, so my first possibility to see it.And what was mostly "stupid" is the fact that ;340; ate the Masterball. Can you say unbelievabale? Is that possible anyway. I thought when he eat it, it will catch it from inside because when a pkmn is hit by a ball it is dematrialized and absorbed. So anyway what the heck is going on here.Sorry if this was already said or so. I was just wondering what your opinion is on it.
Cya Freezer

Reece
4th July 2006, 10:11 AM
That was an awesome episode. First of all I love to fish and it was cool to see it in the anime, and the appearence of the Master Ball was awesome, its too bad it was eaten.

Ashy Boy
4th July 2006, 10:51 AM
Hilarious episode ever. Shame that Ash nearly lost his badges twice first by Whiscash and then Team Rocket (inadvertely)

Riva
4th July 2006, 10:32 PM
How big was the Whiscash TR saw before the giant one? I thought it looked barely bigger than Meowth.

Judai Yuki
5th July 2006, 7:16 AM
That sucks,how the heck does the Master Ball get eaten?!

ShinyManafi
30th January 2007, 2:05 AM
o_O Big Whiscash, kind of wierd too....
I LOLed at the part when the Master Ball got eaten out of nowhere.

Roeno
7th March 2007, 5:04 PM
It has finally been aired here in Belgium, and I love the episode! Hilarious, just hilarious!

cjoey97
12th March 2007, 9:08 AM
I was wondering how did that fisherman get a Master ball

PokemonTrainerLisa
10th April 2007, 12:16 PM
Ash WTF moment #1: Diving underwater and drowning.
Ash WTF moment #2: Telling Corphish to use Crabhammer on him to knock him to the other side of the lake.

Yeah, I have a word for moments like those, in episodes where the writers like to make Ash get hurt a lot (and almost make him die):

Main Character Abuse

Imagine being Ash. Wouldn't it totally suck to get your badges stolen... then you dive underwater for it... only to drown to death? That would have been a sad way to end your journey towards being a Pokemon Master.

Yes, unforunately, being the main character of Pokemon has its downsides. And one of those downsides happens to be that, in almost every episode you can expect that the writers will either make you get hurt, knocked unconscious, or nearly get killed (by various methods - the most common method for the writers trying to kill Ash would be drowning).

And that's why, whenever I see Ash get hurt in the anime, I always say, "Poor Ash". I just feel so sorry for him, because he gets hurt so much. It also doesn't help that he's had so many near-death experiences either, lol.

But anyway, who knows why, but the writers of the anime sure love to make Ash get hurt and have bad things happen to him (like having his badges taken away from him). The only reason I can figure out for why they do this is because the writers like to keep fans of the anime in suspense and they like to keep us "worried" about the fate of the main character. But I can't think of any other reason why the writers would give Ash that *much* main character abuse.

Seriously, if they're not careful, then one of these days the writers really will kill the poor guy (come on writers! enough with the drowning scenes already! I think we get the message now, that Ash either can't swim very well or he can't swim at all in deep water). LOL. XD

Luigi-the-Breloom
26th July 2008, 10:47 PM
Concerning the Master Ball, what makes anyone think that someone in the anime could make a ball that could catch even Godly Pokemon without effort? It works in the games, but that kind of defies logic in something (marginally relatively) more realistic.

Nonetheless, maybe the Master Ball was a flawed model, and that's why Whiscash swallowed it like nothing.

Loved the craziness of the old man, and May and Max's reactions to him.

pokeguru
5th January 2009, 11:30 PM
Now we can see that everything really has a weakness. Even the Master Ball!

Igottapoo
10th January 2009, 11:46 AM
Pikachu actually isn't effective against ground types? That's blasphemy.
But srsly, the Master Ball should have caught it anyway. As soon as it touched even it's tongue.

Adeku
10th January 2009, 11:58 AM
Pikachu actually isn't effective against ground types? That's blasphemy.
But srsly, the Master Ball should have caught it anyway. As soon as it touched even it's tongue.

It probably bounced off its' tounge and didn't open correctly.

TurtwigFan1
10th January 2009, 12:00 PM
But it should have opened correctly. That's the thing that bugged me about this episode, the Master Ball should have caught it. When it swallowed the ball, it should have caught it from the inside out.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 2:07 PM
hm, it was a good episode but it was strange how that masterball could still miss, i thought they never missed?

Rommath
21st February 2009, 8:43 PM
Really bizarre how the Masterball didn't catch Whiscash when it swallowed it as a ordinary Pokeball did when Munchlax swallowed it. But oh well. This episode was fairly good, Ash sure wanted his badges back.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 2:46 AM
It was a nice episode, but odd that the Masterball failed <_<

AzulTheCerulean20
25th October 2009, 9:05 AM
Loved this episode. When me and my friend first saw it we joked about how Sullivan is so alike to Sephiroth from FF. They both have same hair, facial features & Build, They both consider themselves GODS & Sullivan's Fishing rod could double as Sephiroth's Katana. Overall Rating: 10/10

Ash-kid
26th October 2009, 11:51 AM
Good episode. i loved Ash's strategy with Corphish, it was nice.

Lorde
11th December 2009, 4:42 PM
One of the best Hoenn episodes since this one was actually funny/good in my opinion. I laughed for the first time in a while watching a Pokemon episode. The fisherman who was after Whiscash was crazy in a good way haha. The only part that was disappointing was the whole "Whiscash swallowing a Master Ball" thing since it was inaccurate; eating a Poke Ball of any kind still captures the Pokemon. Great episode though. 9/10.

No. 1 Machop Fan
3rd January 2010, 10:15 AM
Is it really THAT hard to break free when your foot is stuck in kelp?

Willow's Tara
9th May 2010, 5:48 AM
it was an okay episiode but I liked seeing the Gym leaders again even it was for a moment (Although it would have been nice to see it after the 8 gyms and have flashbacks like Johto and Kanto. I wonder if there will be any in Sinnoh?). Yeah the Master ball should have caught it.

Weird thing I think I got gotten the Crystal Episode with Zapdos and this episode mixed up, maybe it was a dream but I thought there was an episode (With the same old man) where a Whishcash stole his Master ball and then they had to get it back. Eventually he did and Zapdos appeared but he decided not to catch it afterall. Must have been a dream though

saar
5th July 2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, seeing the gym leaders as Ash remembers his badges was pretty cool.:)
Wiscash- I wonder how it ate the Master Ball? I always thought it is impossible to do that...

KGB13
9th August 2010, 8:24 AM
Hahaha! I felt so bad for that weird old guy, after all that time trying to capture Whiscash he throws a Master ball and it eats it!

Good episode.

G50
5th March 2011, 6:13 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Whiscash, and Feebas for the 1st time. It was cool to have Flaafy back in an episode. It was funny how the old fishing man threw the Master Ball and then the Whiscash ate it. Ash forgot that Whiscash was ground-type and still had Pikachu use Thunderbolt on it... Ash again lost his badge case... The fishing master was a very odd character...

30/100

Bulba the Great!
8th April 2012, 4:10 AM
I have to say, for someone who's spent fifty years looking for this behemoth, Sullivan didn't plan very well...a Flaaffy? How do you obsess over a Pokemon that long without realizing its typing?

I also think this is at least the third time Corphish helps Ash...by attacking him. I think Ash secretly enjoys being hit by Crabhammer.

Nice to see James' bottlecap collection again, and the Feebas bit was a riot. The motto was funny too. This animation team really knows visual comedy.

One thing I noticed - when Sullivan is going through catches rapidfire, he doesn't throw them back in the water - you don't hear another splash. He beaches those poor fish :/

Vernikova
13th July 2012, 8:45 PM
This was a hilarious episode. Old man Solomon teaching the kids how to fish was pretty funny and I actually laughed when they continually called him "legend." My taste in humor must be getting worst. Whicash eating the Master Ball was hilarious. Never again will a failed Pokemon capture ever be so good.

TheSirPeras
3rd August 2012, 1:49 PM
This episode was so funny XD
It was so funny when Whiscash ate the master ball, and when max was a fishing expert and all the tmes sullivan became depressed xD
Great episode!

7threst
30th September 2012, 10:16 AM
I don't know why, but this episode remains very memorable for me - especially the part with Whiscash slicking that Master Ball! That was golden. This episode truly excelled in many ways, but definitely in comedy it was a blast to watch.

Shayminslicker
1st March 2013, 6:29 AM
I loved the part where Wishcash ate the Masterball. That was hilarious!

*~Silver*~
14th March 2013, 12:46 PM
Master Ball -
In the games it is 100% guaranteed to catch any Pokemon without a single hit to weaken it ahead of time.
In the anime it's supposed to be that way, but is prone to getting eaten by Wishcash therefore defeating the purpose of this otherwise amazing Pokeball.

I thought that Sulivan guy was so creepy at first...
When the episode went on I still thought he was a creepy creeper, but he came to be more entertaining and funny. xD

TheMewster
1st November 2013, 2:07 PM
One of the best fillers in the AG series! Freakin' loved the hilarity here...
Sulivan wasted that Master Ball though lol

PokemontrainerY
15th November 2013, 2:45 PM
"Whiscash and Ash!"? Wow, 4kids actually gave this episode a decent dub title instead of giving it a cringe-worthy stupid and punny dub title. This episode is memorable to me, because It's one of those rare AG episode with a decent dub title.

As for the episode....I think this was one of the best AG episodes since this one was actually both funny and good at same time.
It all started when a wild Whiscash stole Ash's badge case. Ash tried to follow Whiscash to get his badge case back, but his legs got caught in some reeds.

It's funny when the old man Sullivan called himself "legend" and "fishing god", but got disappointed when Max asked why he hasn't captured Whiscash yet. xD

Sullivan teaching Ash and co. about fishing was intersting, I liked how Ash decided use the Pikachu lure. Honestly I think the Pikachu lure suits him, and also it looks way better than the "you-know-who" lure. It's awesome how Ash told Corphise to use Crabhammer on him and used the momentum to pull Whicash out of the water. I wanted Ash Grovyle to teach that annoying Whiscash a lesson, but sadly Team Rocket inturpted the battle.......Geez, I hate it when inturupt battles like this! At least Ash got his badge case back after TR got blasted off.

The only part that I found weird was Whiscash swallowing Sullivan's Master Ball like that and not getting captured. If I remember correctly, Munchlax got captured from inside out after swalloing a Poké ball, so why didn't Whiscash got captured in the same way ? Isn't a Master Ball supposed to capture any Pokémon ? Oh well, I guess it's one of those weird "anime logic".

Painkiller2001
6th November 2014, 8:17 AM
Sullivan's Flaffy was pretty badass, I have to say. :cool:
Also, now that I've thought about it, I'm not surprised that Sullivan's MB failed. Remember, this is the anime. It doesn't have to necessarily follow game mechanics right down to a T.

It was funny when Whiscash ate it, though. :D

Lorde
2nd December 2014, 6:21 AM
I screamed when Whiscash beat Corphish after swallowing Ash's badge case. Ash almost drowning and being saved by Sullivan made me yelp, and I loved all his various lures. Seeing Ash and friends fish was pretty refreshing and I wish Jessie had kept that wild Feebas. Anyway, Sullivan battling Whiscash with Flaaffy was such a rookie mistake tbh.