PDA

View Full Version : Take This House And Shuppet (357)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 4:03 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/357.jpgTake This House and Shuppet!

In their travels, Ash & Co. take refuge in a house which they thought was abandoned. But it seems to have a Shuppet in it causing trouble. Will they stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/357.shtml)

Discuss

Torkoal Stu
19th December 2004, 2:48 PM
i like shuppet but he isn't my fav hoenn pokemon but i thought up sone dub names (whats in the bracets is the pun)

-time to shuppet- (time to shut it)
-playing with a shuppet- (playing with a puppet)
-a shuppet show- (a puppet show)
-watching a shuppet- (watching a puppet)

vulpix
3rd April 2005, 12:27 AM
is it me or dous the play room in this episode looks almost exacly like the play room in The Tower Of Terror episode?

BlueEyesUltamiteDragon204
2nd June 2005, 3:35 PM
This episode is on this Saturday so get your VCRs ready for recording!

Jesse GS the II
4th June 2005, 12:26 PM
Holy crap, I think this episode's dub title beats "Take the Lombre Home" as the best dub title in the show's history. I love these musical references that nobody else gets except me!

Puffs
4th June 2005, 4:29 PM
This was pretty much a rip off of "The Tower of Terror", except Max didn't die.

Good points:
-Shuppet's dub voice
-Shuppet's cute
-Thing with the hair was funny.

Bad points:
-kinda spontaneous
-what happened to Mudkip?
-"Tower of Terror" rip off

Professor Ivy
4th June 2005, 4:30 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/357.jpgTake This House and Shuppet!

In their travels, Ash & Co. take refuge in a house which they thought was abandoned. But it seems to have a Shuppet in it causing trouble. Will they stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/357.shtml)

Discuss

They nothin' great about is Episode, maybe May and Max flighting. I guess that was cute. and TR's motto they way they said it. But what up with TR's hair when they blast off?

V Faction
4th June 2005, 4:31 PM
This episode was meh before and it's meh now. This is the start of seeing Swellow more though, and that makes me happy.

Okay, the TC has Sealeo, Shiftry, and Exploud against Tyrogue, right? All are weak against Fighting. However, I guess since Tyrogue is a baby, the best choice would be to go with the strongest there: Exploud. I think it has a higher defense compared to Shiftry. Heh, maybe these are starting to make sense after all...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
4th June 2005, 4:33 PM
May officially scares me now O.o. In that flashback, her eyes were green, but in the present, they're blue O.O.........
The poofy hair was odd looking, especially with Seviper, Cacnea, and Wobuffet.
Shuppet had a good voice, and so did Seviper, I noticed. Really brutal sounding.
Emily was a pretty dull character, Just popped up out of nowhere and claimed Shuppet. One of the worse Trainer-of-the-Days.

Overall rating:
8.5 out of 10!!
Not too impressive of a filler. I'm glad they used Shuppet's feeding off of hatred ability though. That was a great touch to the episode.

SC~ out

CyberCubed
4th June 2005, 4:34 PM
A good thing about this episode is that they played on the sibling rivalry between May and Max again. In a lot of episodes they don't even acknowledge that they're siblings, so it's nice to see another episode like that.

The May and Max scenes were cute, and Jessie's "Oh I may throw up" line was perfect at that scene. Great delivery.

I see Torchic got some last screentime in this episode, as we're not going to see it around much longer.

And dear god, did May just pull Brock by the ear? PLEASE NO, don't tell me May will start pulling Brock by the ear in every episode now. This is one of Misty's worst habits that I DON'T want to see May start doing that.

Anyway, I'm really loving the way Veronica Taylor has evolved May's voice, she does a wide range of emotions with her which is great.

The Big Al
4th June 2005, 4:35 PM
Leave it to Veronica to screw up the perfect Title. Oh well. -_-

Not all that impressive of an episode. I have to agree with many that it's a "Tower of Terror" ripoff. (Except ToT was a lot funnier.)

Talk about timing. The Pokemon cast decided to show their support of the Pistons by sporting their Wallace 'fros. Come Pistons, it do or die tonight.

EDIT: Trainer's Choice. DUSTOX IS THE BEST CHOICE FRAK IT!

Sweet May
4th June 2005, 4:35 PM
it was good.. although i saw 2 mistakes........... one was in da trainer choice. where sealeo was. itz name on da bottom said Nuzleaf........ and the other mistake was when Max was thinking of May talking to Max while he was in bed and May's eyes were green instead of blue...... but i still loved the episode ^ ^

Puffs
4th June 2005, 4:41 PM
Eye color can change as you get older.

The choices for TC were Sealeo, Exploud, or Dustox vs Tyrouge. They chose Exploud but Dustox was a better choice. 4x resistance and knows Psychic attacks.

CyberCubed
4th June 2005, 4:42 PM
and the other mistake was when Max was thinking of May talking to Max while he was in bed and May's eyes were green instead of blue...... but i still loved the episode ^ ^

Maybe May uses contacts?

Alfonso
4th June 2005, 4:46 PM
And dear god, did May just pull Brock by the ear? PLEASE NO, don't tell me May will start pulling Brock by the ear in every episode now. This is one of Misty's worst habits that I DON'T want to see May start doing that.

...You did NOT just say that, CC. You know very well that May doesn't go around pulling Brock's ear like Misty did. I mean, you watch all the new Japanese episodes, too, right? o_o

Sweet May
4th June 2005, 4:49 PM
Cybercubed lives in New York.... not Japan.....i think

Geki
4th June 2005, 4:52 PM
Pretty good filler. It reminded me of the Kanto episode where Ash caught Haunter since they had the merry-go-round and slide Pokemon themed. It also was in a haunted mansion like the haunted tower! But overall it was pretty good, but the stupid part was the intro where Team Rocket was shown in space and then landed near the Mansion. It was very stupid especiallyt dubbed.

6/10

Alfonso
4th June 2005, 4:52 PM
Cybercubed lives in New York.... not Japan.....i think

...So? o_o

Do you really think all the people here who've seen the Japanese episodes live in Japan? XD We obtain the episodes via 'other' means.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th June 2005, 5:09 PM
Yes, Dustox makes sense since it can learn Gust, Wing Attack, Psy Beam, Confusion....

and doesn't Poison have a resistance to fighting?

I personally thought the playroom reminded me of Molly hale's room in the third movie because of the Donphan slide.

Miss Torchic
4th June 2005, 5:19 PM
yea the playroom did remind me of that haunter episode back in the Kanto region. although i forgot wut was the name........

V Faction
4th June 2005, 5:21 PM
Ah, I see. I don't know why I thought it was Shiftry. Maybe because of the stupid Nuzleaf title that keeps popping up.

CyberCubed
4th June 2005, 5:28 PM
...You did NOT just say that, CC. You know very well that May doesn't go around pulling Brock's ear like Misty did. I mean, you watch all the new Japanese episodes, too, right? o_o

Not really, I don't like spoiling myself a whole episode in Japanese. I watch most episodes for the first time from 4kids.

Medea
4th June 2005, 5:48 PM
This episode was okay...I mean it wasn't the greatest. And like what most of y'all said before this episode was sort of a Tower of Terror rip-off. And I would love to ***** about the TC again...but I won't! And as a final thought, I still don't like Max (but he seemed less of a brat then he usually is in other episodes)

Robert
4th June 2005, 6:27 PM
As stated, this episode was a lot like the Tower of Terror, except not even remotely as funny or entertaining. There did not seem to be much to the plot except Max and May's fight, which, their emotional scenes went a bit overboard in trying to be dramatic. Also, what was up with the opening about the universe and all that? Seemed totally random...

Not all that much to this episode, didn't like it too much.

MayAsh1987
4th June 2005, 6:31 PM
I liked it, it wasn't all that bad to me. It was nice they try to bring some Kanto in this episode since it did remind me alot of the Tower of Terror episode. It was nice to see Mudkip and Torchic, that's a plus.

Of course May and MAx have to fight, which is always nice touch. Team Rocket was the comedy. First time I ever heard the phrase from Jessie "You got to be kidding me." (Favorite phrase)

My favorite part in this episode was when Max used Shuppet to scare Brock, Ash, and MAy. That was funny to me. I started to laugh that they were using the wind as an excuse. For once in a while they need a scare!

The part I didn't like:
I didn't like Emily too much. She just sort of messed this whole episode up to me.

For Emily being the ruiner, I give this 7.8 of 10. It would of been better if there was more scary stuff in this episode.

AscendingLatios
4th June 2005, 6:35 PM
the stupid part was the intro where Team Rocket was shown in space and then landed near the Mansion.Hmm, I thought the different feel to the intro made for a refreshing change. I liked the tongue-in-cheek attitude of the narrator.

Shuppet looks a lot cuter in the anime than it does in the game.

Heh, everyone sporting afros was funny. :) Someone should turn them into avatars.

Sweet May
4th June 2005, 6:35 PM
i guess i was wrong about the japan thing.. sry.............

Bionickai001
4th June 2005, 6:48 PM
Man...... That trainer's choice is getting worse and worse every week. First they say Arbok evolves into seviper and know they say that Exploud can beat a tyrogue....... Thtey were almost right there. This is a pretty boring episode just like all the other fillers. Can someone count all of the episodes that actually added to the story like evolutions, beginning episode, gym battles, contests, tournaments?

Alfonso
4th June 2005, 6:51 PM
Man...... That trainer's choice is getting worse and worse every week. First they say Arbok evolves into seviper and know they say that Exploud can beat a tyrogue....... Thtey were almost right there. This is a pretty boring episode just like all the other fillers. Can someone count all of the episodes that actually added to the story like evolutions, beginning episode, gym battles, contests, tournaments?

Of course a damned Exploud is going to be able to beat a Tyrouge. In both the games and the anime, it should be obvious who would come out of top, and that's the FULLY EVOLVED Exploud, and not the weak-as-hell Tyrogue. -.-;

One attack from one could knock out Tyrogue, in fact. o_o Type doesn't matter if you're as strong as hell compared to the enemy.

Bionickai001
4th June 2005, 6:55 PM
A lvel 50 Tyrogue could beat a lvl 50 Exploud if it actually knew a fighting attack. But it doesn't without TMs/HMs.

Emma Iveli
4th June 2005, 7:00 PM
I loved when they had afros too funny, epscally when Brock liked his. 4kids showed stupidy again not only did they mess up a name but they got the wrong Pokemon. It was an okay episode.

CyberCubed
4th June 2005, 7:06 PM
A lvel 50 Tyrogue could beat a lvl 50 Exploud if it actually knew a fighting attack. But it doesn't without TMs/HMs.

Who cares? An Exploud would still have a very good chance of beating a Tyrogue.

Now maybe if that Tyrogue was an evolved Hitmonlee or so then it would be a different story, but Exploud was still a decent choice.

Trainer Choices like these are bearable, as even if they don't pick the best choice based on type advantages, it's still very plausible that Exploud would win. I mean seriously, it's a friggin Tyrogue.

Alfonso
4th June 2005, 7:21 PM

No it couldn't. You obviously have no idea about how the Pokemon game works- A Pokemon like Tyrouge cannot beat a Pokemon like Exploud, even *with* a STABed, Super Effective hit. Why?

Okay, let's pretend we have a Exploud and a Tyrogue. This is without Items, btw, so we don't have any cheap a*s Quick Claws, or Focus Bands.

At Lv. 50, as you say, a Tyrouge's MAX (With Nature and 252 Attack EVs.) is 95. Now, what do you do next? Pump the rest into Speed for a quick move? Or Defense to hope you survive the Attack? It's HP is also a crappy 110.

Speed: 87
Defense: 87 (Max, without Nature, because it's Adamant to be able to actually beat something.)

Now, with Exploud, it's Max Attack at Lv. 50 is 157 with Max EVs and Nature and it's Defense is 115 with Max EVs. And guess what it's Speed is? 88. That's one point higher than Tyrouge's Max Speed, and that's without ANY EVs or Stat Upping Nature. So it's faster, has more Attack power and can survive a hit, too.

And what about a Special Attacking Exploud? HP Psychic= OHKO.

Failed. Get to know what you're talking about before you start going on about how Exploud would lose. -_-

PDL
4th June 2005, 7:23 PM
I liked this episode, plenty of clever diolouge throughout... even from the narrator at the beginning

and the TC was beleiveable... but I thought the third choice was Dustox... I'll have to check that again...

Lady Barbara
4th June 2005, 7:51 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed May's eye color change. I noticed that Brock, while still putting the moves on Emily, didn't seem as desperate as he usually does. And May and Max's fighting was pretty much true to life.

Kanadian Kyuubi
4th June 2005, 10:10 PM
Good episode, everything about it was so funny.
9.5/10
Pros:
Torchic! Enjoy him once more, she evolves next week!
Shuppet's voice made sense (and she was cute too)
Afro TR and Twerps! That is so funny! (make it an avatar)
Cons:
Tower of Terror ripoff.
Tower of Terror ripoff.
TC problems again (Why does every time they do that, Nuzleaf's name gets involved?)
May's Eyes, maybe she wore those contacts that day that changes your eye color.

.:Tremolo:.
4th June 2005, 10:59 PM
The TC for this episode? God... they called a Sealeo a Nuzleaf....

The Big Al
4th June 2005, 11:42 PM
No way Tyrogue would beat either three of those Pokemon. However, type and moveset wise, Dustox is still a better choice. Botched up choice and and a name screw up. 4Kids brought the double threat today.

nekusagi
4th June 2005, 11:48 PM
This was pretty much a rip off of "The Tower of Terror", except Max didn't die.

Ash didn't so much die in that one as he had an out of body experience.

Pokemon Fan
5th June 2005, 1:24 AM
Probably the worst episode all season, rivaling even Johto's worst fillers for extreme mediocrity. We've already gone through the May/Max thing various times before. The episode was extremely slow-paced, with the climax being a typical TR outing lasting no more than 5 seconds. Also, it was like they tried to mimic "The Tower of Terror". The secret playroom, the levitating dishes, etc. Only good thing were the 'fros. All in all, a real snoozefest. Fortunately, the next four episodes all look great.

3/10.
Doesn't the clever dialogue and fairly good voice acting count for anything?

And how is it a rip-off of Tower of Terror? To me it's just inspired by it. I think it's great that the anime has a theme of lonely Ghost types living in houses and playing with children's toys. ^_^

May's eyes being green was just a coloring error, since they are blue earlier in the same flashback. They happen sometimes (like with Oak's eyebrow's), so let's just get over it. To me it looked neat, freaky but neat.

CyberCubed
5th June 2005, 1:34 AM
Geez, is Nuzleaf that hard of a Pokemon to rmember? This is the second time they've mixed him up with another Poke in Trainer's Choice. I think I want Who's That Pokemon? back now, and that's sad.

It's not that they mix up the names of the Pokemon, it's just that 4kids made the text for "Nuzleaf" and are too lazy to switch it.

4kids knows what a Nuzleaf looks like, they're just too lazy to change the text for all these Trainer choices.

Puffs
5th June 2005, 6:41 AM
Ash didn't so much die in that one as he had an out of body experience.

The chandilier(sp?) in "Tower of Terror" fell on Ash and Pikachu, thus killing them (he was only 10, so it could've). Haunter removed their spirits from their bodies temporarily.

lewdon12no2
5th June 2005, 7:02 AM
For the U.S, they've probably whached it yesterday (Saturday 4th june AUS time) but for us Australians, we're watching Exploud and Clear tomorrow, know where near the episode yet.

Miss Torchic
5th June 2005, 7:12 AM
yea the U.S. did watch it yesterday
but don't worry the episode will get to Austrailia^ ^

TooCoolScyther
5th June 2005, 8:27 AM

You probably didn't pay any attention to what May was saying when she pulled Brock's ear. She clearly said, "it's just like it's fate that ordained me to take over for Max!". Meaning, she only pulled his ear because Max wasn't there to do it. So assuming she'll start pulling Brock's ear in every episode is wrong.

I'm also surprised no one mentioned how funny it was to see TR yelling at each other and then have Shuppet use his powers on them. Then TR started saying nice stuff like, "Isn't life grand?" or something like that.

Good entertaining episode, but I was annoyed at how stupid the writers/drawers were for this. I mean... come on... we got this during Kanto. Did they not expect the old fans to still be watching it? That this would be "new" to everyone? They should be ashamed. There are plenty of things you can do with ghost Pokemon, so it shouldn't always have to revolve around an "abandoned/haunted house".

Another note: Totally surprised at how small Swellow was. Which is probably why they had Taillow evolve if you think about it. Swellow is too small for Ash to ride, which is perfect. They reason they ditched Pidgeot was because Ash could fly on it... and you don't want Ash flying all over the place reaching the destination faster right? ;) So that's probably why Ash gets to keep the Swellow.

Puffs
5th June 2005, 4:11 PM
He could've flown on Charizard. He probably wouldn't've thought of riding on Pidgeot if he kept it, just like Charizard.

BTW, that is how big a Swellow is, check the Pokedex.

Rudoku
5th June 2005, 6:32 PM
Eye color can change as you get older.

The choices for TC were Sealeo, Exploud, or Dustox vs Tyrouge. They chose Exploud but Dustox was a better choice. 4x resistance and knows Psychic attacks.
I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.

TooCoolScyther
5th June 2005, 10:40 PM
I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.

Ya, probably because it belongs to TeamRocket... so 4kids didn't bat an eye on Dustox.

Encyclopika
5th June 2005, 11:56 PM
This episode, IMO, had two main purposes and besides them it could have been completely forgotten about. ONE - introduce Shuppet and TWO - give Torchic its last screen times and Swellow more screen time so that we don't forget it evolved last episode.

The trainer choice, again, disappointed me. I voted for Dustox to win that one because since Tyrogue is a Fighting type, Dustox learns, on its own, Psychic moves. But they went with Normal type Exploud, which confused me greatly. Oh well, I guess what someone said about it having more defense power to counter is a good idea, but Distox still learns attacks that counter Tyrogue's whole element.

This episode was uniquely funny - the poofy hair, and James' line "Blaming a man for wanting something to eat is hitting below the belt" (or something like that) made me laugh real hard.

Besides that, this episode was like Tower of Terror and that early Shroomish episode (where the Shroomish were attacking workers out of a house for it was their home) mixed together. It was good and I loved Shuppet. It's voice matched up perfectly. So, overall - a 8.9 out of 10. Pretty good for a filler I say.

jolteonjak
6th June 2005, 12:39 AM
I'm sick of all these Ghost Pokemon using nothing but Psychic. At least Dusclops had 3 moves, 2 unique. The Nuzleaf thing is a bit troubling..makes you wonder who is making the calls. The episode kinda sucked.

Pika Hikari KT
6th June 2005, 2:54 AM
Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week.:( BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through.:) I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE.;) 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th June 2005, 3:48 AM
Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week.:( BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through.:) I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE.;) 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...
Twenty dollars says they use Ludicolo/Shiftry/Exploud's voice for Combusken.

SC~ out

Ethereal
6th June 2005, 7:49 AM
This ep was "meh" at best....There was nothing bad with it, it was just not THE best of the fillers...Late Johto-ish filler quality at best.

Good Point:
-Swellow....Yes.

Bad Point:
-I wanted some Banette action, but I've already seen the doll in action already, so whatever. *wink*

OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.

Edit: SC, why would they use Blaziken's voice for that dancing turkey, Combusken? o_O; Since Blaziken has Exploud, Shiftry, and Ludicolo's (kinda) voice.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th June 2005, 3:19 PM
Because it's the only voice 4Kids uses for a Pokémon they have never see before/don't care about. Having never heard of Porygon2, they'd probably use a computer beeping and shove in the words "Porygon2" >>. Or just use that deep voice they give everything.
BTW, that was a joke(which insulted 4Kids at the same time >=D). I wasn't serious(although I can see it happening >>). IMO, they'll probably use Swellow's voice for it, as it's rather fitting for Combusken.

SC~ out

V Faction
8th June 2005, 4:57 AM
Combusken already has a voice.

See "Having a Wailord of a Time" and Destiny Deoxys.

OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.
Temper Jynxie. It's not that they don't care, it's just that they're stupid.

wobbanut
8th June 2005, 4:58 PM
This episode was definitely... different. I didn't like the May/Max fight very much. Fighting with humor is very very good ("The Bicker the Better", Totodile's first episode). Fighting seriously is very very bad. Any fighting that leaves you with a knot in your stomach just doesn't help an episode. On the other hand, I did love how lovey-dovey Team Rocket got each time they were cured. :D

Also, ROFLOL with the afros. :D I also thought it was an interesting throwback to see the ponyta carousel. It reminded me so much of "The Tower of Terror".

6/10 for me.

Kamex
11th June 2005, 10:41 PM
Meh, I don't have the patience to read the three pages before this right now, so excuse me if I say something ignorent to the previous posts.

Anyway, I was taking the SAT last Saturday morning, so I had to tape this episode. :/

The beginning was rather strange; first talking about the universe, then everybody's hear was curled by a beam from some kind of raygun or something?

Shuppet was interesting.

Personally, The Tower of Terror tops this episode. Pokemon Tower is just like this place, except a hundred times spookier. For one thing, it was very dark. O_o

I give this episode a 7/10.

MidnightScott
11th June 2005, 10:46 PM
I thought this episode was pretty good. But Ash shouldn't be afraid of Ghost Pokémon, he once had a Haunter remember?

It was neat how that house was sort of like the one in The Tower of Terror - with the toys and stuff. If yall noticed Shuppet kinda sounded like Mudkip in a way.

I give this ep 8/10

-Scott-;229;

Heracross
14th June 2005, 6:42 AM
This was a good episode. For some reason I really like when it rains, so the beginning was cool, and enormous old mansions are always good too, especially when there's a thunderstorm outside. ^_^

The similarities between this episode and "Tower of Terror" were kinda funny - I knew as soon as they walked into the room with the tables all set with dishes and stuff that they were going to start flying around the room. XD I'm actually rather surprised Satoshi and Takeshi didn't mention anything about their similar experience with ghosts back in Kanto, but whatever.

I liked how they played "Challenger" during the fight with the Rocket-dan, and the ending music from Kanto is always nice... for me anyways. XP

Gryphon Turboclaw
14th June 2005, 11:33 PM
No it couldn't. You obviously have no idea about how the Pokemon game works- A Pokemon like Tyrouge cannot beat a Pokemon like Exploud, even *with* a STABed, Super Effective hit. Why?

Okay, let's pretend we have a Exploud and a Tyrogue. This is without Items, btw, so we don't have any cheap a*s Quick Claws, or Focus Bands.

At Lv. 50, as you say, a Tyrouge's MAX (With Nature and 252 Attack EVs.) is 95. Now, what do you do next? Pump the rest into Speed for a quick move? Or Defense to hope you survive the Attack? It's HP is also a crappy 110.

Speed: 87
Defense: 87 (Max, without Nature, because it's Adamant to be able to actually beat something.)

Now, with Exploud, it's Max Attack at Lv. 50 is 157 with Max EVs and Nature and it's Defense is 115 with Max EVs. And guess what it's Speed is? 88. That's one point higher than Tyrouge's Max Speed, and that's without ANY EVs or Stat Upping Nature. So it's faster, has more Attack power and can survive a hit, too.

And what about a Special Attacking Exploud? HP Psychic= OHKO.

Failed. Get to know what you're talking about before you start going on about how Exploud would lose. -_-

Not to mention Extrasensory(slightly stronger and with twice the PP in comparison to HP Psychic, with flinching abilities to boot); in fact, I have a dream of someday toting a Common Killer Exploud with Extrasensory(Fighters), Flamethrower(Steels), Hyper Voice(STAB), and Shadow Ball(Ghosts).

I thought the mini-feuding between Max and May was well-handled(though I'll bet that Brock was reminded of the rows between Ash and Misty), as was the way that they eventually resolved it. Shuppet was a lot cuter than some might think(why no one on the staff ever thought to let Jessie have another shot at one, or a Banette for that matter, is beyond me).

May pulling ears? No thanks, though thankfully she's still dead last in that category(behind Ash, in fact).

WindyNight
25th June 2005, 8:06 PM
YTV aired this episode today at noon...
It's not one of my favourite episodes, but it's okay, I guess...
I like how May took Max's place and pulled Brock's ear...lol
The fight between May and Max are okay...It could be better though...
Overall, I give a rating 6/10 for the episode...^^

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
3rd July 2005, 9:36 AM
Sky one aired this ep today

how come at the beginning they had weird hair and they mentioned team rocket with some sort of device and how it made their hair go like that but it never shown anything of that sort or even mentioned it

It was an OK ep though

7/10

Batdude
3rd July 2005, 3:12 PM
I thought this episode was grand. I'm not the greatest fan of the whole Max/May bit, but this episode was grand. I liked the way the Advanced Generation had to rip off yet another idea from Kanto with the whole ghost Pokémon and it's playground. :D

I see the Trainer's Choice matter has been discussed...

Type doesn't matter if you're as strong as hell compared to the enemy.The true secret of Pokémon battles.

Champion Jared 14
2nd September 2005, 8:57 PM
Nice episode. I really liked the part when May's Torchic was taking down both of TR's pokemon all by itself with no help.

Ashy Boy
19th July 2006, 3:31 PM
The only thing I didn't like was Torchic hogging most of the spotlight. That pokemon was really annoying.

megumi
13th September 2006, 5:02 AM
i think it was okay but my favorite part is when jessie says "how nice i may throw up"

GonbeTR
19th September 2006, 9:53 PM
I have just watched the episode. It is okay. I think "the lonely ghost who is bored" part is too similar to the "tower of terror" episode. The playing room is very similar to the one in the "tower of terror" episode too. I am surprised when ? saw May's GREEN eyes, how they do such a big mistake? I like the relation between Max and May , it is original. Over all I give this episode 7/10. Very good for a filler.

Pacman
11th January 2007, 6:17 PM
It was a OK episode.

Ash's Pika Pal
11th February 2007, 8:09 AM
It was a fine episode. It was nice Max got more spotlight and the Shuppet was cute. It was also nice how Max was worried about Torchic for May's sake.

Dax
11th February 2007, 10:03 PM
It was an ok episode. I guess I only watched it because I wanted to see Swellow.

flyboy1308
11th February 2007, 11:14 PM
It's a Tower of Terror showcasing Shuppet. Excitement.

penngrade6
16th April 2007, 7:54 PM
I thought the Shumpet was pretty cute. And I loved watching the sibling rivalry between Max and May. I was hoping Max could keep the Shumpet, but that never happened

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 7:56 AM
This was a pretty episode. Reminds me of the Gastly Haunter and Gengar episode. Good dub title, too.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 11:27 AM
hm seeing this episode it reminded me of the tower of terror as well, it was a good episode nontheless.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:23 PM
Nice episode Shuppet looked cute..remind me of the old epi from the ghost tower

Mr. Smile
19th June 2009, 1:13 PM
I would have to admit that this wasn't one of my favorite episodes. It was the usual "filler-episode". 7/10

Lorde
20th November 2009, 9:21 AM
Shuppet and Max were cute together in this episode. Sigh...another Pokemon that he should've captured as his first Pokemon, gone to nothing. So much wasted potential. Despite the fact that Max befriended another lonely Pokemon, there wasn't too much else going for this episode. I feel like it was created just to give Max some more screentime since the anime was focusing a lot on Ash and May at the time. 4/10.

Combusken-94
21st November 2009, 6:23 PM
I really liked this episode - lots of sweet May and Max sibling moments

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 11:25 AM
Shuppet and Max were good friends, how bad he didn't take it with him...
And i loved how they did a trick on Ash, Brock and May

KGB13
7th September 2010, 12:25 PM
This episode was cute.

I liked Shuppet's playfulness and it's chemistry with Max was really good.

It would have been nice if it became Max's pokemon.

Tyranitar Rules
10th December 2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome episode

G50
5th March 2011, 7:00 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Shuppet for the 1st time. I'm really glad Max was able to hang out and became friends with it. It was interesting to see May and Max fighting, but then made up as the episode went on. It was odd to see Emily just come out of nowhere and claim to be Shuppet's trainer. It was funny to see May pulling Brock by the ear instead of Max for a change.

35/100

CliveKoopa
12th September 2011, 8:05 PM
Originally Posted by Shining Espeon
Geez, is Nuzleaf that hard of a Pokemon to rmember? This is the second time they've mixed him up with another Poke in Trainer's Choice. I think I want Who's That Pokemon? back now, and that's sad
Weird. Most of the Advanced episodes I have have Who's That Pokemon near the start of the episode. Some of the episodes before this one even has Burning Battlefield for the credits for some reason and some have various different tracks.

Vernikova
18th July 2012, 8:29 PM
This was an okay episode. None of it was particularly interesting but I did like how they mis-colored May's eyes in the flashback during the episode. Turning a mansion into a hotel seems like a good plan to me.

7threst
1st October 2012, 8:24 PM
I thought this was a nice filler that served three important purposes of 1. Introducing Shuppet, 2. Giving Torchic his last appearance before he evolved in the next episode and 3. It showed some nice development with May and Max and I both enjoyed how they defended each other as the episode progressed. A really good filler that I unfortunately, also missed back in the day.

Painkiller2001
7th November 2014, 7:22 AM
Best line of the episode:
(Not sure if I'm getting it right...)

Brock: "I don't know, I think I look pretty stylin!"