PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Weather Friends (359)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:06 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/359.jpgUnfair Weather Friends!

Heading Towards Fortree City, Ash & Co. get caught in several bits of freak weather. They spot that its a Castform and are taken to the Weather Center where they find that Team Aqua is looking for specific bits of data about Kyogre. Will they get it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/359.shtml)

Discuss

The Big Al
30th October 2004, 6:35 PM
One of the best episodes so far. Not to mention is has some real weight on what happens in a later episode. They definately but so real thinking into making this one. I for one was caught off guard by the surprise ending. I can't wait for this one to make it to the states.

Crystal Latios
31st October 2004, 11:16 AM
One of the best episodes so far. Not to mention is has some real weight on what happens in a later episode. They definately but so real thinking into making this one. I for one was caught off guard by the surprise ending. I can't wait for this one to make it to the states.

I agree with you like never. Its a one of the best episodes ever.
This ending was really cool. I was like: "huh? ... o.O " Hehehe.
Bannai is soooo handsome and hot ^_^ What a pity, he is only in one episode.
I like Izumi. She is a hot woman LOL

Torkoal Stu
18th December 2004, 3:21 PM
i can't wait for this ep because castform is so cute i can guess a few dub titles(i am trying to make some up no offence to anyone else who does it)

-feeling under the weather-(you know castform change in weather)
-predicting the castform-(pun on the words predicting the forcast)

i think they could happen. ;351;

Regi♪Castform
26th May 2005, 6:58 PM
I seriously CAN'T WAIT for the episode!!!
Castform is the best Pokemon EVER!!!
When the episodes air, I'm going to lock myself in my room and watch.
;351; ;351-i; ;351-r; ;351-s; ;351;

Intimidator
29th May 2005, 2:02 AM
The title is one of 4Kids' repitition problems: Foul Weather Friends (Johto)

Faerie
4th June 2005, 11:23 PM
I can't wait for this one to air! It sounds like a really cool episode to me. I like seeing Izumi and the other admins in the episodes, even if they aren't really that good villans. However...Team Magma crossdressers=Priceless. X3

Bulba the Great!
16th June 2005, 9:07 PM
I can't wait to see this episode when it hits the states! I predict Bannai's dub name will be Benedict. Don't ask why...it just sorta suits him, in my opinion.

I hope Castform is given more than the average "cutesy Pokemon" voice.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

PDL
18th June 2005, 1:05 AM
I'm also looking forward to what Bannai's dub name will be...

Kanadian Kyuubi
18th June 2005, 3:18 PM
Halfway Report:
Castform's voice, not the usual Cute Pokemon voice, it is cute though!
That Millie girl which I suspect is Bannai, cause (s)he has a Ditto is good, but his Ditto has just stood there, doing nothing so far.

Trainers Choice:
Which of these Pokemon evolves into Weezing?
Koffing-Cascoon-Muk

edit: Final Half Report:
Bannai=Brodie
That is an intresting name, can't wait to see him in "The Mysterious Theif Rhodie and the Ribbon Cup"

Final Report and review coming later today!

Dogasu
18th June 2005, 3:34 PM
It's Brody, actually.

Kijuna
18th June 2005, 3:37 PM
I'm in denial at the moment because Brody is such a stupid name.

Did anyone else twitch at the beginning when Ash said "Dextette"?

Rhodi has the WORST. DUB VOICE. EVER. It is honestly the only one I've ever been totally intolerant of.

Also, at the end, Ash was just like, "Oh, a team hell-bent on the corruption of the land and destruction of the seas just got away with vital data they could potentially use to take over and/ordestroy the world. Oh well, they probably won't. On to the next badge!" That bugged me.

On the plus side, Ash remembered Ditto, proving he's not as much as an idiot as once thought.

Torkoal Stu
18th June 2005, 3:39 PM
It's Brody, actually.

Even worst 0_o Well it still kinda sucks worst than Juan

Puffs
18th June 2005, 3:40 PM
Unfair-Weather Friends:
Castform: They did good with that pokemon, nice dub voice.

Story: Pretty good, you don't see them focus on a plot like this much.

Trainer's Choice: Perfect (this time)

Rhodie: Good villain role, but kind of a dull character,

Overall: 9/10

;351; ;351-s; ;351-r; ;351-i;

Chosen of Mana
18th June 2005, 3:43 PM
An OK episode where we, once again, explore Brock's ability to sense men disguised as women. Castform's voice obvoisly exploits it's cuteness. Weather Ball was a blob of water or fire (we didn't get to see normal or ice). I, being versed in Animé Spoilers, immeadatly knew Milly was Brody, so I wasn't so suprized. Nice to see Ditto back, even when it's playing for the bad guys.

Next episode is: Who's Flying Now?

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th June 2005, 3:45 PM
I'm in denial at the moment because Brody is such a stupid name.

Rhodi has the WORST. DUB VOICE. EVER. It is honestly the only one I've ever been totally intolerant of.

Does "Bannai" have any meaning? I haven't been able to find that out.

Isn't Dextette what it's actually called?

And admittedly I haven't heard the voice yet, but it couldn't possibly be worse than Butch's.

Jonouchi
18th June 2005, 3:51 PM

And admittedly I haven't heard the voice yet, but it couldn't possibly be worse than Butch's.

He sounds like Johnson from Yu-Gi-Oh. Think of Brodi having his voice. That's what he sounds like

Shining Mew
18th June 2005, 3:53 PM
I thought this one was lame o.o Every time they talked it was something obvious that didnt need pointing out. And sending out Torkoal to use Smokescreen to stop Aqua... are you telling me they cant just 1. walk down a flipping hallway or 2. Hear ash and co and follow them? Stupid things like that all over the place. The ending was random.... yet another instance of crossdressing on Pokemon...

Akutare
18th June 2005, 3:54 PM
Not a bad episode in my opinon.

Bannai's appearce as pretty cool and his hair color also. Nice to see Ditto also.

Kijuna
18th June 2005, 3:57 PM

Hell if I know. =/ Does anything?

Yeah. But it sounds really stupid to actually say.

Can't recall. It was SO BAD I actually blocked it out of my memory. Butch's, however, I can remember quite clearly.

I can even make it say stuff.

Kanadian Kyuubi
18th June 2005, 4:09 PM
9.5/10

This was a really great episode, Castform was VERY VERY Cute! Now let's see if Chimecho's voice is just as good.

Brodie (or however you spell it) was pretty good.

And OMG, we got to see Ditto again! ;132; ;132; ;132;
He didn't do much for most of the episode but when he did do something, it brought back memories to Kanto and that Johto filler, both with Duplica!

Ash slipping on the floor, that was SO FUNNY!! :)
Also kudos to the animation team, they made that snow look good!

The Big Al
18th June 2005, 4:10 PM
What was Ash doing while Ditto was away from Brody (yuck to the nome)? Not what he was supposed to do. Swellow could have easily gotten the disk away from him or better yet cause him to fall off the weather control dish.

Other than that a great episode.

Not the voice I expected for Castform (sounds like Horsea's a little).

I also loved the music dissolving as the rain started in the beginning.

The Big Al's rating 9.9/10
Ash falling asleep on the sleep on the job is the only thing keeping it from a perfect 10.

CyberCubed
18th June 2005, 4:11 PM
It was a good episode, mainly Team Aqua shows their more menacing side. I would have rather seen the scientists get shocked with lightning besides TR. It actually looked like something that could kill, but since TR is invincible they don't seem to get hurt by it.

I've always been annoyed by how in the games when you battle Magma/Aqua after you defeat their pokemon they just stand aside and let you continue. At least in the show, the humans attack too, it was nice to see Ash have Pikachu use Thunderbolt on not only Crawdaunt, but the two Aqua grunts as well.

Brody was a nice twist but I was already spoiled online that Milly was a guy, so it didn't really surprise me.

Otherwise a good episode but the writers really should have had Team Magma and Aqua appear more often. Sadly, at the end they go out with a whimper rather than a bang.

Oh, and May was really cute in this episode, guess due to the nice animation.

MayAsh1987
18th June 2005, 4:18 PM
I can't give this rating to this episode yet since I seen only half of it thanks to my parents. They were kicking me off the TV since they wanted to watch my graduation party I had yesterday. So I had to record somewhere else.

The look of the things I seen, it looked pretty good to me. The scientist, Bart, his name made my laugh, they named it off from the Simpsons.

Geki
18th June 2005, 4:28 PM
What kind of HORRIBLE dub name is Brody? Why couldn't they call him some other name that started with a B instead of Brody? The episode was boring throughout the whole episode, and I expected them to say a bit more on Groudon and Kyogre then they actually did. This episode really sucked, more then any other AG episode so far, even worse then Me, Myself, and Time.

Super Gullwing
18th June 2005, 4:35 PM
Hmm..I wonder if they got the title from Happy tree friends..Happy tree friends - Unfair weather friends...:D
Anyways, I liked this eppisode! Castform was cute!! And they finally found out who groudon and kyogre was. Heh. And we got to see ditto again, whee!!

pokeking
18th June 2005, 4:40 PM
hah happy tree friends:D

Medea
18th June 2005, 4:43 PM
OMG, that dub name is horrible *yuck*...Brody...*twitches*

...Other than that, this episode was pretty good. I some how knew that Castform would sound like that. And I got to see Ditto again (so I'm happy)

Sweet May
18th June 2005, 4:43 PM
the episode was kool with Castform....... it's so cute^ ^............. and so is ditto ............ although i think Bannai is a better name than Brody

Chris
18th June 2005, 5:05 PM
I actually don't mind the name Brody. Doesn't bother me since I'll still call him Bannai. What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

PDL
18th June 2005, 5:14 PM
I actually don't mind the name Brody. Doesn't bother me since I'll still call him Bannai. What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

quoted because this is what I was going to say... but Ed already said it :\

I don't mind Brody, even his dub voice wasn't annoying (technically, I didn't find his dub voice annoying at all) as "Dexette"... seriously... WTF...

oh well... It's 4Kids' choice if they want to personify machines... meh...

Swellow
18th June 2005, 5:16 PM
Brody sounds better well to be Bannai no sterotyping is 100% a Japanese name next interesting thing not for this topic Masanume's Name

Neo Flygon
18th June 2005, 5:33 PM
I haven't read the summarys for this for a while, so when Team Aqua members took out guns I was like "Yes!" then when the guns just fired rings I was like "No!" The scientists should of been shocked, you don't have to be invincible to survive being struck by lightning.

I knew Millie was part of Team Magma from the start(seemed kinda obvious) but I did not remember the Brody(better put this on my "stick to the Japanese name" list) thing so when it happened I was like 0_o.

Kanadian Kyuubi
18th June 2005, 5:39 PM
What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

Well, the Pokedex has called himself something before, when he showed it to Nurse Joy in the 2nd episode, it said:

I am the Pokedex Dexter, I belong to Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town
Or something to that effect.

S.Suikun
18th June 2005, 5:52 PM
You know, the thing I like about Team Aqua and Magma is actually make DECENT villains. It's episodes like this that make me think how much better Hoenn would be if they just dumped TR and replaced them with one of the two other teams, or at least used them more often than they do now. Knowing who Milly (I'm glad they kept her original name, BTW) really was in the first place actually increased the hilarity of Brock's first encounter with her. Brody is a fine dub name. No matter what they named him, you people would still be b****ing about it. His voice, on the other hand, uggggh...

Overall: 9.5/10
You don't see me giving out ratings above a 9 very often, I assure you.

Chosen of Mana
18th June 2005, 6:03 PM
Quote:
What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

Well, the Pokedex has called himself something before, when he showed it to Nurse Joy in the 2nd episode, it said:

Quote:
I am the Pokedex Dexter, I belong to Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town

Or something to that effect.

This is beacause 'Dexette' has a much more feminine voice than 'Dexter' (Kinda obvious)

SuperSonic
18th June 2005, 6:07 PM
Its called Dextette? I thought he said Dex-tech.

V Faction
18th June 2005, 6:07 PM
I wish I had seen the episode. Silly me, forgot to set the VCR. However, seems like the standard fair showed up, so what am I actually missing.

Brody is a fine dub name. No matter what they named him, you people would still be b****ing about it.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a Winnaaar.

Alastor DMc
18th June 2005, 6:10 PM
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but now that he's been spoken of in English, how did they pronounce Kyogre? (I missed the episode)

S.Suikun
18th June 2005, 6:23 PM
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but now that he's been spoken of in English, how did they pronounce Kyogre? (I missed the episode)
KY-OH-GUR. Just like how I've always pronounced it.

The Big Al
18th June 2005, 6:38 PM
Dexette is what they were calling the PokeDex? Oh brother they've gotten pathetic. I always think of it as PokeDex or PokePedia. (Like the latter because it reminds me of the UFOPedia from X-Com.) I'm with Ed. Why name it?

rallen
18th June 2005, 6:50 PM
CRAP! I 've been pronouncing Groudon and Kyogre wrong, too! Same with that Illumise one. I wish they release the show then the games. Well, this episode was alright in my book, Brody's hair was cool. The best part was his CORNY laugh while flying away. LMAO. and Ditto's back! With an evil glare! Beware the Glare. I give this one a 8/10 for using that awful voice on the Head Aqua girl.

AJW73
18th June 2005, 7:02 PM
I've always known it was called Dexette because they say it in the closed captioning. I also don't see what's the big deal with giving the pokedex a nickname. That's just like naming your iPod or computer. I know that it didn't have a name in the original, but I thought it was neat that they give it a nickname, though I think they should be more original than Dexette.

I also don't see what is so bad about the name "Brody". I mean, it could be worse, they could have called him Barney.

As for the pronounciation of Kyogre, I think it sounds better the way I say it, KEE-OGRE.

Puffs
18th June 2005, 7:21 PM
Yay! I've been pronouncing Kyogre right the whole time! But I used to pronouce Groudon like 'GROO-don' -_-

;351; ;383; ;382;

Kamex
18th June 2005, 7:23 PM
They just name the Pokedex's because they seem so lifelike, with the voice and all. But I understand, seeing how it's not a good translation from the original version to name them like that.

Anyway, someone said earlier that they didn't like Brody's voice. I actually liked it quite a bit, it was a very new voice for Pokemon. And it fit him well.

It's always nice to see Team Aqua or Magma make an appearance, so that alone boosted my liking of this episode.

When the real Millie came back, and introduced herself, it reminded me of back in in Johto where Team Rocket impersonated a couple of-forgot what they do-, in the Radio Tower. At the end of the episode with DJ Mary, when the real two people came with their Meowth Puppet.

Cool episode. Although, Team Magma trumped Team Aqua (Team Aqua are my favorites out of the two of them). :/ But still, nice episode. 9/10.

Togemon
18th June 2005, 7:47 PM
I liked the episode, pretty enjoyable.

For some reason, I didn't look through spoilers for this episode, so when Brock wouldn't gush about Milly, I thought it was only because she was evil and a Magma member. But then she turns out to be Brody, and I was like o_O

Though it was an excellent plot twist! xp

But speaking of Brock, he really annoyed me in this episode, I dislike his wacky sixth sence, but it would have been hilarious if Brock was in love with 'Milly' for the whole episode xp

Team Rocket also had my interest in the beginning, they were pretty decent, though I was a little mad when they blasted off.

May also showed a little bit of her brain power when she figured out Castform would eventually come into the room they were in. And Max was pretty much under the radar.

Ash was good I guess, I really wasn't paying attention to him too much for some reason xp

And Castform had a pretty good voice! Really nice to see Ditto again! And Crawdaunt too.

I give it a 8/10, I wouldn't mind watching it again.

Swellow
18th June 2005, 11:46 PM
so there is a silent E, heck i pronounced Groudon's name wrong since Jirachi Wish Maker

Solar Crimson
19th June 2005, 12:26 AM
It was a nice episode, and I kinda liked the return of Ditto. Castform, one of my favorite Normal-types, was in it, so it gains points. And the twist at the end was nice. It shocked me because I don't read the summaries (but I still had stuff spoiled for me thanks to 4Kids airing the new intro too early and people posting pictures in their sigs here).

I give it a 8/10. Better than most of the other fillers.

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th June 2005, 1:25 AM
Who hear thinks Crawdaunt has one of the best dubbed voices in a while. It sounds so creepy, with the echo.

Also creep how Bart fell in love with a girl who was a boy and then fell in love with the real girl. I would of been scarred for life.

Ralts Master
19th June 2005, 1:52 AM
No matter what they named him, you people would still be b****ing about it.
And if they kept the JApanese name, people would be *****ing about them mispronouncing it...

Pika Hikari KT
19th June 2005, 2:00 AM
Bwahaha--Fear teh Evil Ditto! And it's voice hasn't changed a bit, which is good. Koffing's new voice is just about as terrible as Weezing's new one--Pokémopolis is gonna have a hissy fit!:p Castform's voice is pretty cute, though not as adorable as Ditto's. BTW, who said Brody/Bannai's voice sounded like Johnson(of Yu-Gi-Oh's Big 5..he was Judge Man in the Noah Arc if you can't remember), cause you're absolutely right--it does! IMO, I kinda like Brody. And is it my imagination, or did Isabel have yet another different name...I didn't quite catch it. Also, she sounds like Mai now. Ugh... 8.5 here, most of the points for Brody and Evil Ditto.:)

purple_drake
19th June 2005, 2:16 AM
I also don't see what is so bad about the name "Brody". I mean, it could be worse, they could have called him Barney.

True. I rather like the name 'Brody'; but it's not the name, it's the fact the name doesn't suit the character.

Jonouchi
19th June 2005, 2:31 AM
Bwahaha--Fear teh Evil Ditto! And it's voice hasn't changed a bit, which is good. Koffing's new voice is just about as terrible as Weezing's new one--Pokémopolis is gonna have a hissy fit!:p Castform's voice is pretty cute, though not as adorable as Ditto's. BTW, who said Brody/Bannai's voice sounded like Johnson(of Yu-Gi-Oh's Big 5..he was Judge Man in the Noah Arc if you can't remember), cause you're absolutely right--it does! IMO, I kinda like Brody. And is it my imagination, or did Isabel have yet another different name...I didn't quite catch it. Also, she sounds like Mai now. Ugh... 8.5 here, most of the points for Brody and Evil Ditto.:)

1: I said that he sounded like Johnson

2: She was named Shelly. She had her name changed in "Fight for the Meteorite", so it was the same as before.

Faerie
19th June 2005, 4:21 AM
W00t! This episode was really good! I only wished they had kept the japanese names...Not only for Bannai-kun (Yes, I call him -kun. And I'm 10. Deal with it.), but for the others also. Here's a guide...

Shelly | Izumi
Brody | Bannai
Max | Mataso
Ash | Satoshi
Brock | Takeshi
May | Haruka

That's all I know.
I think Bannai-kun is a good character (Except for the laughter. X__x), and the episode is really good. They did a good job with the plot and the two teams (Izumi talks about killing TR! OMG!!). But...I still think they could have made them a little more evil, you know? The only one I'm content with is Groudon VS Kyogre!! Part I&II.
And...I know that they're by different people, but it would have been SO cool if they had brought in the rest of the Fireheads and the ThreeS trios. *hugs Hokage*X33

Randomness:
They should make a ThreeB trio! Bashou, Buson, and Bannai...XD

pokekight364
19th June 2005, 5:31 AM
i loved it.i sleeped tough 1/2 of the show but thanks to looking at the preview on this site i knew exaly what part it was on.

Puffs
19th June 2005, 5:39 AM
What was with that "Push all the air out of your bodies" thing TR did to escape? That was freaky!

Chris
19th June 2005, 5:45 AM
They just name the Pokedex's because they seem so lifelike, with the voice and all. But I understand, seeing how it's not a good translation from the original version to name them like that.
Actually, the dub chooses to make them lifelike for some reason as if it's an AI computer. The Zukan are basically digital encylopedias of Pokémon information. There's really nothing lifelike about them in the original. It's pointless to give a little machine a soul when it's purpose is just to look up information.

Puffs
19th June 2005, 5:58 AM
Actually, the dub chooses to make them lifelike for some reason as if it's an AI computer. The Zukan are basically digital encylopedias of Pokémon information. There's really nothing lifelike about them in the original. It's pointless to give a little machine a soul when it's purpose is just to look up information.

What about R2-D2? XP

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th June 2005, 6:29 AM

It sure seemed to have AI in the first episode...

Besides, that's hardly a bad thing to name your computer. Mine's named Behemoth.

The Big Al
19th June 2005, 1:25 PM
I had a computer teacher who named his printer Ernest Hemingway.

purple_drake
19th June 2005, 2:06 PM
I've named my laptop Warg, my friend named hers Barry, and one of my brother's friends named his computer after me! @.@

So the whole 'dextette' thing doesn't even make me bat an eyelash. Maybe it's weird, but hey, there are weird people out there. *cough*

The Big Al
19th June 2005, 2:16 PM
They could have at least been a little more creative. I remember someone in a fn fiction named a female voiced Pokedex Alexa. Certainly better than Dexette.

Irene
19th June 2005, 2:42 PM
But speaking of Brock, he really annoyed me in this episode, I dislike his wacky sixth sence, but it would have been hilarious if Brock was in love with 'Milly' for the whole episode xp

How can't I quote this! Without his sixth sense, the episode would have been MUCH better. With a final "Oh no, Milly's a GUY! I'm depressed now ;_;". That would have been so hilarious that... that... I don't know. I would have just loved it.

I had already seen the Japanese version of this so meh... no news for me :/
I still have to watch the dub so I can't judge Bannai's/Brody's voice yet (though I admit I personally don't really like his voice in the original Japanese. I would have preferred something more... ambiguous. Not really a feminine voice, but maybe a bit more bewitching... I don't know, either. It just sounded too "masculine" for him).

Ash acted really stupid in the end not doing nothing but stare. At least May tried to do something!

edit: oh, and a last thing. I don't really like the name Brody, but it's WAY better than turning him into a WOMAN like they did to someone else... o.o ;132;

Robert
19th June 2005, 4:25 PM
This was a good episode with some great action scenes. Team Rocket was a bit annoying, but it was good to see an episode that moves the bigger plot ahead. I liked it.

MayAsh1987
19th June 2005, 4:39 PM
I liked this episode, it had so many unexpected things that happened. I agreed with some of you guys about Team Aqua and Team Magma making better villians. That usually the time when AMM&B don't always win.

Milli disguise was genius, looks liked Brock knew it was a guy. So Brody is it's name, weird name, but hey it's his name.

I really don't have any complaints of this episode, so I'm giving it 9.1 out 10. I still liked last week's episode better.

Freedom
20th June 2005, 1:26 AM
how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?

Irene
20th June 2005, 4:15 AM
how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?

At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.

English Avatarman
20th June 2005, 6:52 AM
1. Meowth's the leader of the gang, right? so why can't he have a decent nap?
2. How does Brodi discise himself when he is bigger than his costume
3. Why does Brodi help Ash and co. if they're "rivals"?
4. How does Brock know that Brodi is not a woman?
5. How do TR end up in the snow at the end?

Pinky the Mew
20th June 2005, 4:28 PM
I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" he'll do anything to make another woman pleased or happy (as long as she's pretty). So there for he has this Divine-Natrual-Pretty-Woman-Radar to search for his perfect woman. Which seems to be all of them.

pokeking
20th June 2005, 5:06 PM
I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" .
Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
I'm not being picky but that's what it is.

Anyway I found the part where Jessie James and mewoth sucked the air out of them to get free quite hilariously funny/stupid. But i didn't see the point as they didn't do anything but stand still in the same area???

wobbanut
20th June 2005, 5:34 PM
Pretty interesting episode. I'm glad they've had a second appearance by Brody since, because it was so long since I saw the episode pictures here. If it hadn't been for that ditto I remember seeing from the ribbon cup pics, I would have been floored when he revealed himself. Man, that disguise was disturbingly convincing. :o It was the most convincing drag since James as a hula girl in "Abra and the Psychic Showdown". Well, unless you count Ash before he turns around in "Love at First Flight". :D I did like Brock being confused about his charisma being off, and before that Max being resigned to pulling Brock's ear again. LOL

I know I have to rewatch the episode again later this week. I was a little confused when Ash said he normally knows when Team Rocket's here, after they get blasted off. I'll have to double-check to see if he saw them on the monitor or not. It was nice to have Team Rocket end the episode for a change too. It's so rare now. :(

Basically, it was a pretty good episode overall. At least it was a bit different from the norm. Good action, great to see Team Aqua, and Brody was... interesting. 8/10 for me.

I know I can't wait for next week! :D Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho!!! :D :D :D

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th June 2005, 8:12 PM
Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
I'm not being picky but that's what it is.

No that is NOT what a feminist is. A feminist--a REAL one--is one who thinks that women should have EQUAL rights. Sadly, there's a lot of FAKE feminists out there who believe what you said, but they twist the cause and shoot it in the foot.

Pinky the Mew
21st June 2005, 12:47 AM
Well in a book that I was reading a "femenist" was described as a man liking all kinds of women and willing to help them out in a gentleman-like manner. Not so far from the meanig already explained though.

Anyway, on with W&F Fan's question #1 Meowth used to be the leader but nobody gives him that authority anymore because they're all shelfish and greedy each one wants all the credit. So therefore the "team" doesn't assert itself in place most of the time.

Encyclopika
21st June 2005, 1:48 AM
The episode was entertaining. Brody...for some reason I didn't expect him in this episode...kinda got confused when i saw the pics here a SPP. Anyway, I believe that the episode was good...Castform wasso cute! It's voice was perfect. It was funny when Brock was just standing there, although awkward. ^^; Anyway, I give it 10/10 because if I could, I'd go and watch it again. I love Team Aqua! ^^

Faerie
22nd June 2005, 5:38 PM
At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.

OH yeah, he was just plain creepy in the dubbed version. Seriously, their voices sounded nothing alike...That would be creepy in a show with real people. They would have to do some serious plastic surgery on his vocal chords...O_o;;;

WindyNight
9th July 2005, 9:37 PM
YTV aired this episode today at noon..
Let's just say that it's an entertaining episode with some unpected scenes...
Castform is really cute...The Ditto is also cute, but evil..:@
Anway, I think it's a good episode...
Overall, I give a rating 8/10 for the episode..^^

.Bambi.
9th July 2005, 10:17 PM
I don't know why people are saying they liked this episode. It was horrible.

I mean, why the HELL would a Weather Station have information on Ancient Pokemon? WTF? Wait...is that the reason why they did it in the games? Still...WTF.

The plot could have been A LOT better. I love how in the anime Ash and Co always gets there BEFORE the Evil Team. Guh.

It would have been much better if Ash and Co met up with the scientists [as they did in the beginning] and Team Aqua had already taken over the Weather Station. Castform is too weak to fight them off, so they ask for Ash's help. Team Rocket find their way there and argue with Team Aqua. Team Rocket and the group work together to get to the main control room [or whatever it was] before Team Aqua successfully downloaded the information with Ash and Team Rocket battling the TA Trainers so that May, Max, Brock, and 'Millie' could get by unnoticed. This would also be a nice way for Team Rocket to battle and actually WIN [as they're not up against Ash].
When May, Max, Brock and Millie reach the control room, Team Aqua has just finished downloading the data. A battle ensues with May using her new Combusken, and Millie, Ditto. The Crawdaunts are too much for Millie and May to handle but in the nick of time, Ash and TR arrive and kick their asses.
When outside, Millie turns into Brody and the regular ending of this episode happens. I know it's not that much better, but I wanted to see some Team Aqua taking down-ness in this epi. Blech.

Overall: 6.5/10
One word: Snoring.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
16th July 2005, 3:59 PM
this ep is airing on sky one tommorowmorning!

cant wait!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
21st July 2005, 10:21 AM
I think this was a good episode and it was nice to see castform in it too

10/10

Sharpshooter
24th July 2005, 8:48 AM
I liked Brody, his laugh was a bit gay though.

I didn't know the fake Milly was Brody in disguise, so it was a great suprise for me! It's like that girl in the 4th dark world dungeon of The Legend Of Zelda on the snes who tricks you into thinking she was the sage when she was actually the boss. But instead here I like the way it was done with the Brock love detector thing he usually does not working properly, like the fake Nurse Joy back in Kanto during the Indigo League.

Nice appearance from Team Aqua, we should see more of them, although Team Magma are much better, and cooler.

Torkoal Stu
24th July 2005, 8:59 AM
I knew I forget somthing last Sunday, review this epsiode!!!!

Good:
*Brody's voice was nice. Alot like Johnson's voice from Yu-gi-oh, that suited him.
*Well I was about to got o sleep until Ash shouted "Go Torkoal" I suddenly woke up and fell off the sofa with suprise. lol. So yeah Torkoal always good.
*Me aswell never knew Milly was a fake and then the real Milly came nice twist.
*Bart and real Milly have a nice couple thing going.
*Seeing a Ditto was good and Castform had a ncie voice.
*Also Team Aqua and Magma are cool.

Bad:
Not much actually well Crawdaunt are getting old with Team Aqua.
Ok "Key-ro-ger" and "Gru-don" sound wierd, thats nto how there meant to be said right?
Oh last thing Dexette wierd.

tactlessdarckcloud
10th October 2005, 9:04 PM
I agree with you like never. Its a one of the best episodes ever.
This ending was really cool. I was like: "huh? ... o.O " Hehehe.
Bannai is soooo handsome and hot ^_^ What a pity, he is only in one episode.
I like Izumi. She is a hot woman LOL

I totally agree with you...BOTH....(yes,I´m bi)

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 3:31 AM
great episode and i loved how that scientist girl was a team magma member (i bet no one expected that, i know i didnt) castform was cool and looked like a really interesting pokemon to have in the anime 10/10

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
2nd January 2006, 12:06 PM
It's a pretty good episode, it's amazing how a non-legendary Pokemon can relate to the weather, heck I wouldn't be surprised if The Weather Channel got special permission from Kids WB to re-air this episode.
10/10

Regi♪Castform
4th February 2006, 7:41 PM
I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!

CASTFORM ROCKS!!!

they need to make another Castform episode!

lightspeed
28th February 2006, 5:18 PM
I've really enjoyed this episode, I was quite surprised to find out that the female scientist was a Team Magma member; most importantly, what made the episode so good was the presence of Team Aqua, I'm quite obsessed with Team Aqua. I really hoped that team aqua had gotten the disk instead of team magma.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
13th July 2006, 11:11 PM
Heh, first time in a long time that I've heard the Challenger theme; very cool, really. Advanced Battle is nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to Challenger D=

Castform had such an adorable voice =D Very fitting, very cool. Ditto's voice was nice as well; shame Crawdaunt had a rather odd one D=

If anyone ever had any doubts, this episode is proof that TR is invincible. Being hit by actual lightning, not just Pikachu's attacks, is really quite a feat. Twice, even. And then, as if that weren't enough, at the end of the episode, all evidence points to them freezing to death and there they are in the next episode =O

Speaking of that, quite liked Jessie's line about Mother Nature and James' about Father Winter. Amusing :)

And wtf at their escape of the rings xD That looked pretty bloody insane, with their entire bodies contracting so impossibly.

And lastly, Meowth's interruption in the motto made me laugh as well; he did have a point, and look what happened as a result of Jessie and Hames ignoring him xD

Brock's girl sense turning off on Brody was funny xD

Speaking of which, Brody was quite good at keeping his disguise throughout the episode. There were a lot of moments when I thought he'd unmask himself; I haven't ever seen this episode before, after all, nor have I read the guide or seen the pictures.

And I quite liked the overall plot of this episode; I dunno what it is, but there's something that appeals to me about the good guys escaping from a building swarming with bad guys D8 Coupled in with the fact that Brody actually wins in this episode, it kept me quite entertained.

....Eh, despite the concept of weather control, I still find the idea of a machine that alters weather a bit farfetch'd. But oh well =/

Overall rating:
9.1 out of 10

Not sure if this counts as filler or an episode that contributes to the plot, but either way, I liked it; quality AG, IMO.

≈*V Tsun*≈
The 8th Champion

Judai Yuki
14th July 2006, 1:36 AM
I liking Brody,but he really serves no purpose at all. <_<

-Judai

Ashy Boy
14th July 2006, 10:18 AM
I didn't like the episode probably because of Team Aqua who were too no-nonsense

penngrade6
1st April 2007, 3:43 PM
It's rare that we find a filler episode this good. I like Castforms voice, I liked how they gave Brock the ability to sense men in disguise, and it was a good Aqua vs. Magma showdown. The part where Milly is actually Brody caught me by surprise, and I liked his nickname of a thousand faces.

pokeguru
21st October 2008, 4:27 AM
millie was very pretty (the real one)

Tadashi
23rd October 2008, 8:24 PM

YES. BADLY.

Decent episode, I guess. I don't remember f**k all about Castform, but I do remember Bannai/Brody ^____^ Good villain, I wish we could've seen more!

HoennMaster
24th October 2008, 5:14 AM
What was wrong with the way he said it.

starliteevee
25th October 2008, 2:28 AM
The thing that makes Brody a good villain is that he's part of Team Magma, which are the coolest evil team I can currently think of. One of the greatest things about this episode was that the evil people finally get away with something! For once, evil triumphs over good! I was so ticked at Ash at the end. All he wanted to do was get his next badge. That really irritated me.

Aw well whatever. Castform was cute, but for some reason I hated the Brody/Milly at the start but at the end I liked her! Bart was kinda cool, and filler eps like this usually don't come at such a good quality, so I give the writers credit.

HoennMaster
21st November 2008, 5:38 AM
I don't remember, did we see all of Castform's forms in this episode?

starliteevee
22nd November 2008, 8:40 PM
I don't remember, did we see all of Castform's forms in this episode?

Yeah, we did, Ice form when he met Ash, Rain form when Team Aqua turned on the weather machine, Sun form when he was fighting Crawdaunt and went into the air vent. And, of course, he was Normal form for the remainder of the episode.

HoennMaster
24th November 2008, 6:45 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure of the sun form.

starliteevee
25th November 2008, 1:05 PM
No problem. I liked Castforms rain form the most, it was so cute throughout the entire episode but I thought it looked best like a water droplet.

pokeguru
25th November 2008, 5:47 PM
It bugged me when "Millie" was a fraud.

The real Millie was cuter, though.

milenadrg
25th November 2008, 5:49 PM
Castform is soooooo cute...
I want to get one;)

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 1:26 AM
This was a pretty good episode. I liked that Brody and Castform. He was a slick guy.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 12:06 PM
it was a good episode, it apperared that the lady scientist was a magma member as well, what a turn of events.

Rommath
2nd February 2009, 1:02 PM
Great episode. Liked the Castform and all the Team Aqua grunts with Shelly. It was a bit of a give-away when Brock's flirt-radar didn't go off that something might be up. Brody and Ditto were good thieves, the Crawdaunts couldn't do much against Ditto.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 1:52 AM
Its a great episode, Castform is soo cute in the anime ^_^

ccangelopearl1362
18th March 2009, 2:07 AM
So, Team Aqua attacks Hoenn's Weather Institute -- only to be upstaged by a Team Magma operative who disguised himself as that facility's main female scientist. It's a good thing the real female scientist showed up toward the end of the episode, thereby causing Brock's "pretty girl" alarm to go off normally. Castform's various forms I can remember, and in retrospect, I may not be too surprised if somebody gets the idea to use this episode as part of a special program about weather patterns. Overall, a pretty good episode to my recollection.

milenadrg
10th April 2009, 12:31 PM
Man, this guy was masked into a girl?:o That was weird...
Episode was great much like Team Aqua and weird guy with Ditto...

Ash-kid
13th December 2009, 3:18 PM
I loved this episode.
And Castform was very cute....

Lorde
15th December 2009, 6:26 PM
I loved Brody and Ditto since they were a fresh addition to the Team Magma organization. This episode was actually pretty good. The Weather Institute is so boring in the games but in the anime, it was really something else. I loved Team Aqua's appearance in this one as well, since they hadn't appeared in a while. I liked Castform's debut, it was cuter in the anime than in the games and it was helpful here. 8/10.

leilukin
22nd January 2010, 4:37 PM
Initially, I watched this episode just because I love Castform. Therefore, I am glad that they make the Castform itself and its voice really cute.

I did not read any spoilers before watching this, so I was surprised by the twist that happened in this episode.

Willow's Tara
10th May 2010, 5:49 AM
Not bad, nice to see this was more Aqua centered. Of course Brock always seem to know if someone's a girl or not, (Especially if they aren't really Nurse Joy).

KGB13
15th August 2010, 8:54 AM
This was a good episode.

I liked Brody, Castform, and Team Aqua.

The story all came together pretty well in this one.

G50
5th March 2011, 6:10 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Castform and its many Weather Forms for the 1st time. Castform is a really cool Pokemon. I was glad Ash remembered what a Ditto was for a change. The scheme involving Ditto Transforming into a 2nd Castform was a very smart move to fool the good guys. It was cool to see Team Aqua again.

30/100

IcyArticuno6789
18th May 2011, 5:16 AM
I did like this episode, but like many I was caught off guard by the ending, which, after I thought about it, was just funny. It was nice to see Ditto make a return, because Ditto is pretty cute.

Vernikova
19th July 2012, 7:43 PM
A pretty good episode. Brody posing as the female scientist was something that was pretty clever. It's nice to see the bad guys win for once even if it was at the expense of another group of bad guys.

7threst
2nd October 2012, 5:33 PM
This episode was amazing and I love the twist at the end which was slightly spoiled by Brock's response that he wasn't crazy as he used to be when they met Brody in disguise. I loved how Team Aqua appeared in this episode too and how this was a sort of build-up for the showdown to come later on. What makes me excited for that show-down is that I never saw those two episodes before, so that definitely makes it the more interesting.

Flareakairu
18th May 2013, 3:24 PM
Yeah, this episode is one of my favourites. Brodie and evil ditto are so cool!
... Apart from his dub voice...urgh...
Nevertheless I loved this episode. Would have been funnier if Brock fell for 'Millie' though XD
At least team Magma won against Aqua this time, magma's much better than Aqua.

ashiemore
6th June 2013, 2:26 AM
I like Brock's charisma gauge.. it didn't work perfectly. It did in another episode.

~ashiemore