PDA

View Full Version : Who's Flying Now? (360)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 4:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/360.jpgWho's Flying Now?

Finally in Fortree City, Ash & Co. find that they have arrived in time for their annual feather carnival. Ash & Co. enjoy the festivities however Team Rocket are in and trying to capture all the Flying Pokémon. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/360.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
26th October 2004, 12:00 AM
This was such a cool episode, Skarmory's Sky Attack was awesome!!
I wonder why Winona never used it in the Gym Battle, it would have been a great opponent for Ash.

Hales
26th October 2004, 8:40 AM
Since I haven't seen this episode... I'm going by the pictures... I'm just stunned that Swellow managed to hang on after being zapped with electricity about three times... brave little guy!

Tate+Liza
21st November 2004, 7:35 PM
They ALWAYS succeed. I HATE Liza. She always makes bad comments about me.

wobbanut
13th December 2004, 7:53 PM
I'm counting down the days to Chimecho's debut. I can't wait until we finally get to see this episode!!! :D :D :D Chimecho is so adorable, and I'm glad that James got to fulfill a childhood dream by capturing one. Plus, at least we get to see the magickarp salesman again. :D

We still have 22 episodes to go before we get here. :p I don't know how I can wait till spring to see this episode.

Torkoal Stu
17th December 2004, 9:58 AM
who has notice that in hoenn the gym leader always appears one ep before the battle or appears once after the battle. so gym leaders always appear twice.
-Roxanne- gonna rule the school and the battle
-brawly -ash losing and ash wining
-wattson- watt's with wattson and the rematch
-flannery- going going yawn and Poetry Commotion
-norman- ash losing ash wining and a few others.
winona- this one and the battle in the next ep.

It also happens with liza and tate. ;358;

and i thought of a dub name

-listening to a chimecho- (pun on the words listening to a chime) ;358;
-listen to the chimecho- (pun on the words listen to the echo) ;358;

Avegaille
17th December 2004, 10:12 AM
Oh, I wish I could see this episode... it would be so cool to watch... not just this episode, all of the other episodes of the Pokemon Series from season 7 with May on it... well, that's all for now, and if you're wondering why, Pokemon is not aired in our country...

rallen
25th June 2005, 4:35 PM
Well, Chimecho is another pokemon I mispronounced. The best part was that dub music while the pokemon were on the rides and all Chimecho appearances. Dang Team Rocket ALWAYS mess up Gym battles!!

CyberCubed
25th June 2005, 5:57 PM
Today's episode was a basic set-up episode for Ash's 6th GYM match.

I was surprised to hear one of the pikachu Jukebox songs during the episode, they haven't played those in YEARS.

James must have really traveled around the world as a kid, he's been to Johto, Hoenn, everywhere. And seeing the Magikarp salesman trick James again makes it all the more amusing.

And wow, May really enjoyed her ride with Winona on the Skarmory, that was....arousing.

I still never expected James to get a Chimecho though, how can that cute thing blast off with TR's other Pokemon?

Gravy
25th June 2005, 6:35 PM
How did Chimecho sound, may I ask? I'm hoping that, if they did dub over its voice, its voice sounds like a ringing windchime~

jolteonjak
25th June 2005, 6:43 PM
For a filler I really enjoyed this episode. I was so happy for James to get his Chimecho. I was hoping it would be pronounced with a "k" sound not with a soft "ch" (like in chop).

Though it did annoy me about how complacent TR became whenever Chimecho used Heal Bell.

"We're blasting off again! Oh well, at least Chimecho is using Heal Bell." That'll get annoying fast.

CyberCubed
25th June 2005, 6:48 PM
How did Chimecho sound, may I ask? I'm hoping that, if they did dub over its voice, its voice sounds like a ringing windchime~

Well it's a very cutesy voice, it's a bit different from any other dubbed pokemon voice so that's good. (It doesn't sound like Whismur or Jigglypuff for example)

It did say "Chime chime!" so I assume that's a dub voice. I think they did pretty good with Chimecho myself.

Torkoal Stu
25th June 2005, 6:51 PM
For a filler .

Lean what Filler means :rolleyes:

Brocksketchum
25th June 2005, 6:54 PM
I was also surprised to see them play "You & Me & Pokemon" (correct me). Makes sense though if the original version had a song in there.

Chimecho's voice didn't disappoint me. It sounds like... well I'm not good at describing Pokemon's voices but it's filled with charm and echos.

Did that Hoppip sound like a Skiploom when it was flying away?

And did that Dusclops said Duskull or something? My ears are definitely getting bad. :(

Ash pulled Brock's ear away; but that didn't last long as Max "steals the glory" with Winona.

Did anybody beside me enjoy Winona's voice? I thought it sounded quite right.

Ah, enough nitpicking. I enjoyed this episode just as any other set-up episode. :)

Fujiwara-Kazuma
25th June 2005, 7:18 PM
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and I thought that this episode flowed nicely into next week's gym battle. But I have some nitpicks, good and bad, about this episode. Overall, though, it was quite a joy to watch. /\ _ /\

Also, has anyone noticed that the announcer on the Pokemon commericial called Winona WHY-no-na? I was like, "WTF?!?" but then, they said WIN-no-na in the episode, so it calmed me down. i know, there is not much difference, but WHY-no-na? Good thing the episode said WIN-no-na. Phew.

-GOOD NITPICK: Chimecho's voice was cute. Nice. Calm. Cutesy. Different. Very unique.

-BAD NITPICK: Winona's voice. It sounded to teenage girly for me. I expected Winona's voice to be deep, mature, and elegant, sort of like Roxanne's voice with even more elegance and calmness. Well, at least the voice was different (I had high hopes for Flannery's voice, which sounded awfully like Shawna...)

-BAD NITPICK: Have you noticed that the Hoppip in the Chimecho "costume" didn't say a thing. I expected a peep or a voice, but nothing. Silence. Utter silence.

-GOOD NITPICK: The music when Pika and his pals scouraged the park. I never wouldv'e seen a PokeJukebox song to be played. Surprised, yet pleased.

-BAD NITPICK: It's not that major, but the Trainer's Choice. I thought that Solrock would be a more logical answer. Not that Lombre was right, but I was thinking a little differently, but you could all say that Lombre was right, too.

It was a good episode. Nice transition to the gym battle, and we got to know more about WIN-no-na.

And praise to Ash for the ear thing. Now, everyone in the gang has done it (except for Pikachu and all the other Pokemon)

S.Suikun
25th June 2005, 7:42 PM
Crap. Slept through the first half.

What I saw was good. Chimecho and Winona both had fine dub voices (I'm glad they didn't give her Clair's VA). Trainer's Choice...eh, Solrock would've been better. Lombre is part grass, canceling out its fire resistance.

As for the Magikarp salesman, he wasn't very funny this time. Except when he said Chimechos can predict winning lottery tickets. LOL.

Geki
25th June 2005, 7:47 PM
This was a great episode. I really enjoyed it, I needed a good episode. Chimecho was cool, I glad James got it after his touching story. Winona looks like a good gym leader, she will promise a good gym battle. I can't wait until next Saturday, the gym battle.

9/10

Addydo
25th June 2005, 7:50 PM
This was such a cool episode, Skarmory's Sky Attack was awesome!!
I wonder why Winona never used it in the Gym Battle, it would have been a great opponent for Ash.

It wasn't Sky Attack, It was Steel Wing. :D
Also I'm glad she didn't use her Giant Skarmory in their Gym Battle with Ash, because it would've been unfair, because her Giant Skarmory would've wiped out all of Ash's Pokemon with one swipe.

Pika Hikari KT
25th June 2005, 7:55 PM
I was very pleased with Chimecho's voice--sounds almost exactly like Chirean(there's a small difference in the voices, but it's there)! Gotta be one of the best Pokémon dub voices ever.:) 'You and Me and Pokémon' playing...haven't heard that in a while(I have a strange urge to get my 'Totally Pokémon' CD out and play the karaoke version.^_^; )! Skarmory gets spotlight--yayness! Though I'm very sure that was Sky Attack and not Steel Wing it used... I highly anticipate the dogfight next week...where you see why Swellow are so awesome(hey, they are)!:p

Robert
25th June 2005, 8:18 PM
Not a bad episode, but nothing hugely original. Again, we see the gym leader introduced an episode early. Again, we see the crew have a good time until TR screws it up. Again, we see the salesman trick James. Again, the gym leader shows how powerful they are by defeating TR. Again, James has a Pokemon that likes to annoy him in one way or another. I liked the flash back involving James. Again, I didn't hate it, but I wasn't completely satisfied...

PDL
25th June 2005, 8:47 PM
well, I thought it was a pretty good episode... I found it amusing when James was reminicsing about the past, only to find that Jesse and Meowth already left

Chimecho was good... it was only now that I figured out where the name came from @_@

the music from Pikachu's Jukebox was a very nice change of pace from the original music...

all in all, I can't think of anything really bad though :\

I can't wait til they show the gym battle... which will be a few months from now ;_;

~RaikouRider243~
25th June 2005, 8:58 PM
In comparison with "The Flame Pokémon-athon", "Spell of the Unown", and "Voice of the Forest", I have been noticing that the speed of very fast Pokémon is not accurately represented. The background when May was flying full-speed on Skarmory wasn't moving fast enough to show the metal bird's 190-mph flight. They have done this with every fast Pokémon. Anyone ever notice that?

jolteonjak
26th June 2005, 2:33 AM
Lean what Filler means :rolleyes:

Assuming you meant "learn..." I know how all of you define a filler. I just have stricter guidlines (meaning I define a filler as an episode that isn't a gym battle or contest and their prospective championships).

Relax...it was still a great episode.

Medea
26th June 2005, 3:39 AM
Swoosh...I should have said something earlier!

Anyways, this was a pretty decent episode. Can't wait to see the gym battle (even though I'm not a fan of gym battles)

Dragon
26th June 2005, 3:54 AM
i liked it enough. That skarmory, was huge. Wow.

Cant wait for the next episode.

pokekight364
26th June 2005, 4:57 AM
The episode was great and i loved when they did the jukebok song (i though it was called "one world"?)all in all it was a good episode.

Kthleen
26th June 2005, 6:34 AM
I loved when they did the jukebox song (I though it was called "One World"?)It's called "You and Me and Pokémon". The 3rd movie soundtrack version (what they played) is ok, but I really love the Pkmn Live! version. I was rather surprised when they played it. I wasn't expecting it, so when I heard these weird sounds, I was wondering just what in the world the Japanese music people were thinking.

Anyways....

Where I am, the episode did something strange. It came back from commercial, did TC, showed Pikachu, Swellow and Skitty being greeted by hitodama and frightened with a few Ghost-types, them being a bit embarrassed/exhausted/happy, then... it went back to commercial. After a couple of commercials, it came back... to the very end of the episode, with the happy song and Winona riding Skarmory in the night sky and "will Ash get his badge from such a commanding opponent". It went off 11 minutes early. What the hell.

What I did see was ok enough. 8.3/10. I almost cried when James did (because I sometimes have an incredibly strong sense of empathy), but that scene was really cute anyway. Poor James, at least he finally got his Chimecho. I didn't particularly like Chimecho's voice (I didn't hate it, it just sounded a bit funny. I think I was expecting it to be higher), and James' sounded rather odd. Also, going by what Argy said at Bulbagarden, that was some incredibly dark "strawberry milk" he had there. Did he fill the glass 2/5 of the way with syrup/powder or something? Eww.... The pronunciation of Chimecho was weird to me because they used to do this "Take the Challenge" PokéRap-type thing during the credits, and they pronounced it "chi-MEE-ko". I also kept thinking "CHIME-cho" for some reason, even though I knew/know it's chime+echo. (It looks like "CHIME-cho," that's why! @_<) I wonder why they changed it, or why it was "chi-MEE-ko" in the first place.

CyberCubed
26th June 2005, 6:42 AM
I am saddened by the fact that this episode focused on yet another carnival as oppossed to showing us those tree houses.

They didn't go into detail about it at all. It's a shame, since a whole episode of a tree-top village would have been cool, but instead we get a generic festival again.

Torkoal Stu
26th June 2005, 7:54 AM
Assuming you meant "learn..." I know how all of you define a filler. I just have stricter guidlines (meaning I define a filler as an episode that isn't a gym battle or contest and their prospective championships).

Relax...it was still a great episode.

Yeah I meant that one. Okay but I just count a non-filler when someone catches a pokemon.

One thing how did they prenounce Chimecho?

Revolutionary Destiny
26th June 2005, 8:04 AM
Yeah I meant that one. Okay but I just count a non-filler when someone catches a pokemon.

One thing how did they prenounce Chimecho?

They pronounced it Chime-echo.

This episode was a good for a filler. I was also surprised when "You & Me & Pokemon" started playing. It was weird how they pronounced Chimecho since in the PokeRap (the one shown as commercials) they said it differently. I give this episode an 8/10.

Rachael
26th June 2005, 12:01 PM
In comparison with "The Flame Pokémon-athon", "Spell of the Unown", and "Voice of the Forest", I have been noticing that the speed of very fast Pokémon is not accurately represented. The background when May was flying full-speed on Skarmory wasn't moving fast enough to show the metal bird's 190-mph flight. They have done this with every fast Pokémon. Anyone ever notice that?

I think the reason is that otherwise poor May would have flown off. :D Maybe by "full speed," she meant the highest speed you could go without breaking any safety rules. After all, there are speed limits for cars--why not Pokemon?

I loved this episode. Chimeco's voice was great, and I always love James' flashbacks. But for some reason, James' and Brock's voices were really starting to get on my nerves.

AscendingLatios
26th June 2005, 5:25 PM
It's called "You and Me and Pokémon". The 3rd movie soundtrack version (what they played) is ok, but I really love the Pkmn Live! version.Um, where is it on the 3rd movie? AFAIK, it's from the 5th movie, not the 3rd. I just checked the credits to the 3rd movie and the only songs listed are the "Pokemon Johto" theme and "To Know the Unknown". Plus, the version from the end of the 5th movie is different from the version they played here. (I like the 5th movie version better.)

I liked this episode, especially since TR got to add another new Pokemon to their collection. Gee, James reaction to Chimecho is downright shippy! :D

Juputoru
26th June 2005, 6:15 PM
Um, where is it on the 3rd movie? AFAIK, it's from the 5th movie, not the 3rd. I just checked the credits to the 3rd movie and the only songs listed are the "Pokemon Johto" theme and "To Know the Unknown". Plus, the version from the end of the 5th movie is different from the version they played here. (I like the 5th movie version better.)

Well, the 3rd movie has that song on the CD songtrack(it's not really a soundtrack unless it actually has a lot music FROM THE MOVIE :P Actually, most of it seemed to be Pikachu's Jukebox stuff O_o), although it's not in the movie itself.

-I said it at Bulbagarden and I'll say it here: The only way James will learn is to get a card with the Magikarp salesman's picture on it, along with the text of "THIS MAN IS A SWINDLER. STOP BUYING STUFF FROM HIM. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING HE SAYS.", and read it whenever he sees said salesman.
-Chimecho's voice does the soothing thing very well, although I'll miss the "cute" element in its voice.
-Winona's gym needs an elevator or something. Unless the battle requirements are "Challenger must either be willing to walk up several hundred stairs just to get to the gym, or have a Pokemon to ride up to the gym".
-James backstory. Yay. Kind of rips open a plot hole, though(James knew of Johot and Houen Pokemon despite living in Kanto?)

jolteonjak
26th June 2005, 8:08 PM
Yah..I was hoping Chimecho would be pronounced "Kime-eko" (hmm...then you're entering Xiaolin Showdown territory...)

Kthleen
26th June 2005, 10:05 PM
Um, where is it on the 3rd movie? AFAIK, it's from the 5th movie, not the 3rd. I just checked the credits to the 3rd movie and the only songs listed are the "Pokemon Johto" theme and "To Know the Unknown". Plus, the version from the end of the 5th movie is different from the version they played here. (I like the 5th movie version better.)"It Was You", "Lullaby", "Makin' My Way (Any Way That I Can)" and "(Have Some) Fun With The Funk" weren't in the first movie. Yet there they are, on the first movie soundtrack and the [paper inside the] case that I'm reading right now.

Does Pokemon Heroes even have a released CD soundtrack? Anyway, the one from the 5th movie is the Pokémon Live! version. The credits say it was released on some CD, but I remember someone saying that such a CD doesn't exist.

Here's what the 3rd movie one says. Look at #6.

Front:

PoKéMoN 3
THE ULTIMATE SOUNDTRACK

FEATURING NEW MUSIC FROM THE HIT MOVIE AND PoKéMoN THE JOHTO JOURNEYS TV SERIES

Back:

(A bunch of copyright crap that I'm not gonna type out)

1. POKÉMON JOHTO - MOVIE VERSION 2. TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN INNOSENSE 3. PIKACHU 4. ALL WE WANNA DO
5. HE DRIVES ME CRAZY 6. YOU & ME & POKÉMON 7. SONG OF JIGGLYPUFF
8. POKÉRAP GS 9. TWO PERFECT GIRLS 10. POKÉMON JOHTO - TV VERSION 11. BIGGEST PART OF MY LIFE
12. MEDLEY FROM "SPELL OF THE UNOWN"
KARAOKE TRACKS! 1. PIKACHU 2. SONG OF JIGGLYPUFF 3. YOU & ME & POKÉMON
BONUS VIDEOS! 1. POKÉRAP 2.SCENE FROM POKÉMON 3: THE MOVIE

PoKéMoN 3
THE ULTIMATE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring NEW Music from Innosense!

(Something about system requirements)

Kamex
26th June 2005, 10:38 PM
I am saddened by the fact that this episode focused on yet another carnival as oppossed to showing us those tree houses.

They didn't go into detail about it at all. It's a shame, since a whole episode of a tree-top village would have been cool, but instead we get a generic festival again.
Yeah, and they just had a carnival not too many episodes (not to mention the infamous swindler was also there). I always thought the tree houses in the games were interesting, making Fortree City a very unique one. Meh.

Anyway, nice episode. So, are they showing a new episode next week or not? It says they are on the main site, but I've heard frequently that they're entering the summer rerun phase starting next Saturday.

Max and the other kid before him were both very young, and they rode on Skarmory with Winona, so something about that made me feel as though May was a little to old to be riding on that Skarmory with Winona.

The pronunciation of Chimecho was weird to me because they used to do this "Take the Challenge" PokéRap-type thing during the credits, and they pronounced it "chi-MEE-ko". I also kept thinking "CHIME-cho" for some reason, even though I knew/know it's chime+echo. (It looks like "CHIME-cho," that's why! @_<) I wonder why they changed it, or why it was "chi-MEE-ko" in the first place.
Yeah, it was the same for me, too.

I'll give this a 7/10.

Kthleen
27th June 2005, 5:21 AM
Anyway, nice episode. So, are they showing a new episode next week or not? It says they are on the main site, but I've heard frequently that they're entering the summer rerun phase starting next Saturday.Nope. According to the TV guide, they're showing True Blue Swablu.

Infinite Master Sceptile
27th June 2005, 9:53 AM
But if you look on the main page on Serebii, apparently Sky High Battle will be aired July 2. Then that episode would be the last of the summer. Oh well. Now my Saturdays are free.

wobbanut
27th June 2005, 7:06 PM
LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode!!! :D Of course I've only been looking forward to it the past... oh, six months or so, but it was well worth it. :) This episode had me stuck in a "aww, it's so cute" loop for a good half hour. :D Chimecho! I love it so much. :D It took me a bit to get used to the pronunciation (I thought it was "chime-cho" (long o)), but I figured out the "echo" part. At least it was better than the Hoenn "Take the Challenge" "chih-mee-cho". :p

There are so many good things to say about this episode. It was great to see things finally go right for James for a change. :) Team Rocket gets so many bad breaks, it was wonderful to see things work out. It was nice that Chimecho was caught "Ash-style" too (i.e. voluntarily join, like Charmander, Squirtle, Lapras, Heracross, Chikorita, etc.). Both of James's Hoenn pokemon were caught "Ash-style", it's pretty neat. I liked everyone's surprised reactions to Chimecho too, especially Pikachu and Swellow. LOL I'm glad Chimecho didn't get the same treatment joining the motto as Wobbuffet did way back when (well, from Meowth).

And Winona! GREAT guest character, I really enjoyed her. :) I liked Brock getting ear-grabbed by both Ash and Max in this episode too. LOL That has to be a first.

10/10 for me. :D

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
27th June 2005, 10:18 PM
First off, Chimecho's voice. Honestly, I thought it was totally pathetic. It sounded like some little girl breathing through her nose T-T. It's such an awful voice for such an awesome Pokémon. I can't believe you all LIKED. This has to be one of the worst dub voices in history.
I was definitely thinking WTF? along with the rest of the viewers when they said it WHY-noe-nuh. I'm glad the episode handled it correctly.
The TC was decent, to say the least. At least it made sense.
Skarmory was definitely overlarge. When one kidnapped May, it had to be at least half this one's size.
James story was great....but confusing. Back then, no one knew anything about any Pokémon other than the original 151. James should've been scared of a Pokémon that 'supposedly' didn't even exist back then....Another sign of incontinuity from the writers.....

Overall rating:
6.5 out of 10!!
Really kind of bad for an introduction/capture episode. I expected a lot more out of it. I would've preferred seeing Sky High Gym Battle instead.

~*CB*~

AscendingLatios
28th June 2005, 8:06 AM
Does Pokemon Heroes even have a released CD soundtrack?I know there is Japanese soundtrack CD and it contains most of the background music along with the Japanese opening and closing credits music. But I don't know if there's an English soundtrack CD and whether it has Y&M&P on it or not.

Anyway, the one from the 5th movie is the Pokémon Live! version.Ah, okay. Yeah, that's the good version of the song. :)

The credits say it was released on some CD, but I remember someone saying that such a CD doesn't exist.It definitely exists because I bought it and have it in my hands as I type. :)

YOU & ME & POKÉMONI see! So the song was on the CD and not the movie. That explains why this version they played during this episode is one I had never heard it before. :)

Kthleen
28th June 2005, 7:24 PM
I know there is Japanese soundtrack CD and it contains most of the background music along with the Japanese opening and closing credits music. But I don't know if there's an English soundtrack CD and whether it has Y&M&P on it or not.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that's the good version of the song. :)

It definitely exists because I bought it and have it in my hands as I type. :)

I see! So the song was on the CD and not the movie. That explains why this version they played during this episode is one I had never heard it before. :)I can't find anything on a Pokémon Heroes soundtrack. Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Latias to Latios has one. Didn't PH keep the original music (excluding the credit music), though?

Isn't it? http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_heart.gif

I see what happened. It says that the song "Secret Garden" is on "The Pokémon 2002 Music Collection" (whose title I keep seeing is really "Pokemon Music Collection 2002") but some interpreted that to mean that the other songs were, too. And since it was never released in the U.S. or U.K. (and a Japanese soundtrack wouldn't be likely to have English dub [or theatrical play] songs on it), they figured that it must not exist.

Yes. And the Pokémon Live!(/5th movie) version is best. However, sadly, the Pokémon Live! soundtrack is incredibly rare. Thankfully, I know a place where one can get that version the song in its entirety (if you don't already have it).

Addydo
30th June 2005, 11:55 PM
I was very pleased with Chimecho's voice--sounds almost exactly like Chirean(there's a small difference in the voices, but it's there)! Gotta be one of the best Pokémon dub voices ever.:) 'You and Me and Pokémon' playing...haven't heard that in a while(I have a strange urge to get my 'Totally Pokémon' CD out and play the karaoke version.^_^; )! Skarmory gets spotlight--yayness! Though I'm very sure that was Sky Attack and not Steel Wing it used... I highly anticipate the dogfight next week...where you see why Swellow are so awesome(hey, they are)!:p

She said "Skarmory Steel Wing Attack"!
Unless they said the wrong attack, because if Skarmory used Steel Wing its Wings should have glowed, not its whole body. O.o So my guess is that we are both right, She did say Steel Wing, but it showed Skarmory using Sky Attack! :D

Wind Waker
12th July 2005, 10:45 AM
I now know that winoa doesn't use skaromy in her gym battle, and her best pokémon? not altaria, a shiny swellow, i'm sorry for posting on the wrng episode, but i don't get this at all.

back on this episode i am SOOO happy that james caught a chimecho, he needed to catch a pokémon and he caught a good one, imagine, a chicmecho, a cute chimecho, on the side of evil *maniacal laughter*

Monster
15th July 2005, 3:38 PM
This was a great episode. Chimecho is so cool, and it was awesome when Winona's Skarmory used Drill Peck through the machine. I can't wait for the gym battle!

.Bambi.
17th July 2005, 8:10 AM
She said "Skarmory Steel Wing Attack"!
Unless they said the wrong attack, because if Skarmory used Steel Wing its Wings should have glowed, not its whole body. O.o So my guess is that we are both right, She did say Steel Wing, but it showed Skarmory using Sky Attack! :D
It was obviously a dub error.
I don't know why the hell 4Kids would think Skarmory's entire body glowing and smashing into something [its wings made NO contact with the TR machine] would be a Steel Wing Attack. Then again, these are the same people who think Arbok evolves into Seviper >.>

Anywhays, I LOVED this episode!
Yes, Winona is my favourite Gym Leader but Mid Hoenn is the best part of the entire Hoenn Arc ****ust me -.-o]. And I classify mid-Hoenn starting when Ash's Taillow evolved to the Picifidlog Contest.

I know a Festival is cliché in Pokemon, but it was a Feather Festival!
Not just some random "lolz! wii luv Pokaymahnz!" Festivals.
Winona even led a Flying Pokemon formation [like Snow Birds]

Chimecho is awesome. Best. Team Rocket. Pokemon. EVUR!!! [too bad it never will do anything...well...maybe a little something in Lilycove *cough* but that's it].
Too bad it had a shitty dub voice. Honestly, how can you all love it? It was HORRIBLE! It sounded like a pubescent chipmunk trying to exhale every ounce of air from its lungs O.o To put it nicely :p

Overall, this episode was excellent. The best Gym Leader introduction episode we'll see in Hoenn IMO.

9.99999/10 - No episode can be perfect, huh?
CANNOT wait for the Gym Battle.

Oh, wait...I almost forgot. Best quote of this episode:

Jessie: Prepare for Trouble, we are Team Rocket.
James: Make it double, if it flies, we shock it.

^ I laughed at that...HARD! XD

One more thing. I can't believe no one pointed it out, but the most stupid dub sentence was IN THIS EPISODE!!!

Max: Whoa! I never knew the Sky was so big!

...just WTF.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
17th July 2005, 9:12 AM
Too bad it had a shitty dub voice. Honestly, how can you all love it? It was HORRIBLE! It sounded like a pubescent chipmunk trying to exhale every ounce of air from its lungs O.o To put it nicely :p
YES. Chimecho has one of the worst dub voices in history, but everyone's infatuated with it:confused:. WTF moment of SPP. Heck, I would've prefered Ludicolo/Shiftry/Exploud/the like's voice on Chimecho more than this constipated version.

~*CB*~

WindyNight
17th July 2005, 11:14 PM
YTV aired this episode yesterday noon...I must say this is a quite funny episode..I actually saw Ash pulling Brock's ear...^^ The voice of that Chimecho is nice and soft...It's attack Heal Bell is awesome...Too bad that they still blasted off like always...Winona looks cute and is great to see her riding on a Skarmory...I wish I can do that..Overall, I give a rating 7.5/10 for the episode..:D

Gravy
17th July 2005, 11:56 PM
Chimecho'a voice is ok. Hell, I'm glad it only says a single part of its name as opposed to constantly blurting out something along the lines of 'Chimecho Chime! Chime Chimecho Chime chime!'. But I'm not really fond of the fact that it sounds like a complete and utter drone. I mean, there's about 0% emotion in its voice judging by the episodes I've seen since its capture. Blah, I'm sure it'll get better come Lilycove.

"Chime chime chime. |__|"

Sharpshooter
24th July 2005, 10:02 AM
I'm not found of either of any of Chimecho's voices in either version, but I don't think the dub's done a horrible job of it.

The Magikarp salesman is back! After only been gone for about 5 episodes! Yeah! This time though, I was supirsed James didn't go after him like last time, only for a real Chimecho to turn up and join them (worst mistake of it's life).

Another festival?! There's always festivals, I wanted them to walk around the tree-top houses and chat to people rather than watching kids fly around on Skarmories.

On a final note I am really impressed with the Gym field itslef, one of the best gym battlefields I've seen.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
24th July 2005, 10:55 AM
the actual fortree gym looks amazing, with the huge charizard and Skarmory statues

that skarmory was HUGE!

and I loved that James got a chimecho in the end!

I hate it's voice and pronounciation tho... I thought it was chime-cho not chime-echo

do you see two 'e's? I dont!

Batdude
30th July 2005, 2:17 PM
The different music in this one was nice I thought. I officially LOVE Chimecho, INCLUDING it's 'shitty' dub voice. *to the dub version* Don't worry, I'll stand up for you... *back on course* Did no-one else notice that once James copped who the Salesman was he said 'You're the one who sold me that fake Magikarp and then that fake Feebas!'? What was fake about the Magikarp? It may have been a useless lump, but it wasn't fake by any means. Probably the most talented Magikarp out there...

*remembers*
James: C'mon Magikarp, let's escape!
Jessie: Don't tell me this fish can't swim?!
Meowth: Forget swim, it can barely splash.

Anyway, I LOVED this episode.

Blaziken master
2nd August 2005, 12:45 PM
Just saw this episode.Its better than I thought it was!I liked the part where you saw all the pokemon playing

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th August 2005, 3:21 PM
I liked it, but a few 'kinda mistakes'. James mentioned something about the Chimecho that he'd seen it a bit earlier, but he wasn't with Jessie and Meowth when Chimecho passed. And I think a Skiploom said 'hoppip' or 'Mudkip'. Anyways, a good episode, my favourite bit was the ghost flight, where all of the pokemon popped up, and Pikachu, Skitty and Swellow went 'arghh'. And also when the Magikarp Salesman said Chimecho picks winning lottery tickets.

Sebok
11th August 2005, 3:27 PM
James is way too protective of Chimecho. Like Jessie was with her Wurmple. I don't think he'll ever battle with it because he loves it too much.

Ashy Boy
15th April 2006, 7:11 PM
Did anybody beside me enjoy Winona's voice? I thought it sounded quite right.
I surely did. It was great and I think the voice actor who voiced Winona is the same one who voiced Max (in other words Amy Birnbaum). Of course, I might be wrong.
The only thing I did not like about the episode was when Winona was scared of Brock's "flirty" habits.

winona122
16th May 2006, 7:16 PM
Does anyone know if this episode will be on again? I missed it and am really sad.

Ashy Boy
17th May 2006, 8:19 AM
Does anyone know if this episode will be on again? I missed it and am really sad.
I'm not sure, but in the mean time you can look at some screenshots from the ep

Judai Yuki
14th July 2006, 11:20 PM
I love seeing Jame's past.But,he should just kill that Salesman. :P

-Judai

Igottapoo
13th January 2009, 1:26 AM
I like this episode. It would have been funny if James kept the Hoppip. But he got a Chimeco and that's really cool ^_^

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 2:58 PM
it has been a while ago, if i'm not mistaken this was the episode where there was story about james's past with his chimeco i thought, it was a fun episode.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:46 PM
Oh shiny swellow was so cool ^_^
i love it =3

the1stpkmnfan
14th March 2009, 4:39 PM
Very swell episode to watch, and Winoa was like awesome. And yeah, I liked it when James got a Chimeco, I presume.

defno
10th October 2009, 7:04 AM
XD
I just watched this episode and loved how they included the Magikarp salesman.
He has got to be the greatest recurring character ever.
It's great how James falls for the trick everytime.

Lorde
20th November 2009, 9:00 AM
So Ash and friends arrived in Fortree City. I disliked that the city wasn't protrayed much, at least not it's unique treehouses. We got to meet Winona at the festival and she looked awesome riding on a Skarmory. The highlight of this episode was James buying that fake Chimecho from the Magikarp Salesman and then finally getting the real one near the end. Anyway, I was a tad disappointed that we had to have this episode right before the battle though. 2-part episodes make me lose interest. 6/10.

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 1:12 PM
Great, i loved how Skarmory beat TR with his powefull moves.

And I loved to see all the flying pokemon.

Willow's Tara
10th May 2010, 7:27 AM
I like Winona because I like flying Pokemon too (Pity she didn't have a Pidgeot, or aleast I think anyway since Gym leaders seem to have tons more Pokemon we see or are mentioned). Nice to see James catch Chimecho.

saar
6th July 2010, 1:15 PM
Winona should have used her Swellow so it will get two appearances...
Loved how the the Magikarp man has appeared again and James' fake Chimecho. It's funny as usuall...

KGB13
9th August 2010, 8:16 AM
MAGIKARP SALESMAN FTW!!!

But I really liked Winona and I'm glad James got a Chimecho.

Good episode.

G50
5th March 2011, 7:15 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Gym Leader Wyonna for the 1st time. Skarmory's Sky Attack was really cool. It was funny to see the Magikarp Salesman once again tricking James into buying a Chimecho when it really was a Hoppip. It was great to see James catch a real Chimecho. It was interesting to see TR have Chimecho use Heal Bell after blasting off.

31/100

Vernikova
19th July 2012, 8:46 PM
Oh Magikarp Salesman. There isn't a single episode that you are in that I don't find funny. Winona was a pretty interesting Gym Leader I suppose. It's around this time where I forget things about AG so I'll hopefully enjoy a few episodes before Thunder Armor Pikachu arrives.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
27th September 2012, 7:53 PM
I've always wondered if Winona had any relatives who were in any Air Force anywhere like the Hoenn Air Force for example.

A great episode, would have been even greater with references to a Hoenn Air Force

7threst
3rd October 2012, 10:40 AM
Magikarp Salesman appears again! If anything, he's probably one of my favorite minor recurring characters. I also loved Winona and how Brock - as always- fluttered all over her. The other thing I find quite surprising was James capturing a Chimecho - I saw that Pokémon rarely unfortunately ;(

Painkiller2001
7th November 2014, 7:40 AM
The Magikarp salesman appeared again! It must be my birthday!
Neat to see some backstory on how James has always wanted a Chimecho.
Glad he finally got one in the end. :)

Lorde
28th November 2014, 11:32 PM
I loved the carnival setting here, especially seeing Meowth and Jessie eating corndogs and hamburgers and such. I liked that James's sob story about missing out on getting a Chimecho as a child was good foreshadowing for him catching Chimecho here, although I wish that the disguised Hoppip had been kept by James. Alas, it was an average episode.