PDA

View Full Version : Crazy As A Lunatone! (363)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 4:14 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/363.jpgCrazy As A Lunatone!

Ash & Co. find a Lunatone that has crashed and take it to the Pokémon Center to heal it. However the PMC have other plans for the Lunatone and intend to capture it. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/363.shtml)

Discuss...

Torkoal Stu
19th December 2004, 7:54 AM
this ep looks cool but it is a bit pointless because not much happens but i thought of a dub title

-lunatone eclipes- (pun on the words luna eclipes)

i thought of one more

-searching for lunatone- (pun on the words searching for stone)

Ninetalesuk
20th May 2005, 2:34 PM
Can anyone guess that this Nurse Joy ws hypnotized...? It is obvious as her eyes were different and Lunarock knows Hypnosis...

MasterJedi
17th July 2005, 9:21 PM
Well this will be the next new episode shown and IIRC it will be shown 7/30.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that this one will be better than last weeks.

Alfonso
17th July 2005, 10:44 PM
PMC are awesome. They make this episode worth watching.

Electrode Destroyer
25th July 2005, 4:15 AM
Okay, this is weird. This morning, Australia viewed this episode on a public channel. Shouldn't Australia view it at least a week after America?
BTW, this ep is cool, and PMC think that Lombre is an extraterrestrial pokemon near the start.

CyberCubed
25th July 2005, 4:16 AM
KidsWb is in reruns for awhile, maybe that's why.

Electrode Destroyer
25th July 2005, 4:18 AM
KidsWb is in reruns for awhile, maybe that's why.
What do you mean by that? I know it wasn't a rerun, the ep had the same title and everything. Lunatone's voice sounds like Chimecho's.

Hales
25th July 2005, 8:00 AM
Australia has overtaken you because we're now airing them five days a week rather than three, so we finish the series next Monday :)

I thought this episode was okay not the greatest but it was okay... PMC are dull though, to the point that when they get blasted off its actually funny :)

Electrode Destroyer
25th July 2005, 8:18 AM
Australia has overtaken you because we're now airing them five days a week rather than three, so we finish the series next Monday :)

I thought this episode was okay not the greatest but it was okay... PMC are dull though, to the point that when they get blasted off its actually funny :)
Yeah, the PMC are total idiots in this ep. I can't believe they got fooled by Ash and Co. when they said they were hauling a big wagon up to Camerupt Point to have a moon party XD

.Bambi.
7th August 2005, 10:54 PM
Well, Canada got this episode yesterday! HA!
[And we're not cheap and airing a new episode everyday *cough*]

3 Words: It. Was. Pointless.

SOOO effing boring. Honestly. I cannot believe they made a half an hour show about Ash and co trying to expose Lunatone to moonlight.

And the PMC [though I never liked them in the first place] were horrible in this ep. They did nothing. They fell for Ash's 'Moon Party' thing. THEY'RE THE PMC! They should be able to see through a transparent lie like that. Geezzz...
And they really didn’t do as much as they could to catch Lunatone. They had one of their machines they built by hand in 3 seconds, yet it was partially taken down by Mudkip’s Water Gun. Nuff said.

Interesting Things:

- Brock says "I've heard theories that say Clefairy and Starmie are from outer space."

- PMC has a PokeDex that they call Dexter! It sounds like Dexter too!

- [I don't remember the original PMC episode so...] Ken has Duke Devlin's VA.

- The infamous "Ghost Camerupt" is actually because the group is taking Lunatone to Camerupt Point to expose it to moonlight. It's called Camerupt Point because of the 2 Mountains on it that look like the humps of a Camerupt. A transparent-ish Camerupt is shown to prove the point.

Bad Things:

- Lunatone sounds like a female robot. Oy.
Even worse is Lunatone constantly saying "Lune" in monotone [which it does for pretty much the entire episode] sounds like the most ANNOYING alarm clock imaginable waking you up at 4 in the morning. It's a real ear breaker.

- Both times Team Rocket blasts off; Chimecho can be heard though he's not in sight.

- Trainers Choice: Who will beat Illumise? Parasect, Gulpin, or Lanturn?
Answer: Gulpin [they still don't know that Poison lost its advantage to Bug in G/S/C -.-o]

Quotes:

- James falls over which causes him to drop his flashlight.
"James: That is just great; I lost my Team Rocket Flashlight! Where could my flashlight have gone?" He eventually finds it.

"Jessie: Prepare for trouble, true words were never spoken!
James: Double that, my flashlight isn't broken!"

James' add ins to the Rocket motto are getting pretty funny these days...heh.

- "Jessie [to PMC]: Hey, aren't you those Cleffa chasing weirdo’s?"

- "Mary of PMC [Blasting Off]: But this isn't OUR thing!"

Overall, meh-ish. Next Week is "The Garden of Eatin'!"...ugghhh...hopefully it'll be good *knows it wont be*

ShoOCha0tic
10th August 2005, 7:53 AM
this was one of my favorite episodes XD team rocket got beaten by those wierd sci fi pplz!! XD

Torkoal Stu
10th August 2005, 7:56 AM
- [I don't remember the original PMC episode so...] Ken has Duke Devlin's VA.
That was the same in "Wishing On A Star Shape"

Momoko Lover
10th August 2005, 3:18 PM
How come this episode didn't air in the U.S. yet?

Alfonso
10th August 2005, 7:03 PM
Anybody got any decent PMC (PMC = Alfonso and Phantom_Bugsy, I swear. XD) quotes?

Kanadian Kyuubi
20th August 2005, 3:16 PM
Okay, I couldn't see this episode because I was on vacation, and shopping made me miss it, but it airs on KidsWB today so I finally get to see it.

Now, one of the cuts I was predicting was this:
http://www.filb.de/extras/ag87/AG87_093.jpg

Okay, the look of that Pokedex is very familar, it looks alot like the Game Boy Advance SP, and since you can't show real products on air, I bet this got cut, right?

V Faction
20th August 2005, 4:21 PM
Okay, the look of that Pokedex is very familar, it looks alot like the Game Boy Advance SP, and since you can't show real products on air, I bet this got cut, right?
What? No. Hell, I didn't even recognize it as a SP.

I'm glad it stayed it and got that 'cameo' from the old Dexter voice.

Geki
20th August 2005, 4:41 PM
I liked this episode, it was a good filler unlike Lights, Camerupt, Action! I didn't like Lunatone's voice though, it sounded to much like Chimecho. Nurse Joy was funny when she was hypnotized. PMC was also awesome, but I wish they episode showed a flashback of Cleffa riding on Phanpy's back, that was awesome in Johto.

8/10

PDL
20th August 2005, 5:07 PM
I liked this episode quite a bit, the return of the PMC is quite refreshing as opposed to just Team Rocket...

and I thought Lunatone's voice suited it fine... it's a floating moon rock, of course it's going to sound monotone

now if only I can see the camerupt movie episode... then it'd be perfect...

Medea
20th August 2005, 5:37 PM
Dexter's old voice was kind of a shock...But other than that this episode was okay!

Robert
20th August 2005, 6:28 PM
I had just watched my recorded Wish Upon A Starshape! yesterday... Strange... Anyway, this was a decent episode. I wasn't fond of PMC's voices, and some scenes seemed to drag on for a while. However, the plotline was pretty good, so I liked this episode.

Sweet May
20th August 2005, 6:37 PM
the episode was ok............ it didn't interest me alot but it was ok ^^;

Chosen of Mana
20th August 2005, 6:56 PM
It's strange... the PMC's Dexter sounded as if it was fed sugar so to make it hyper, making it talklikethis. O_o;

This episode gets a Meh rating for typical Hoenn filler. Not good, Not bad.

Next episode: The Garden of Eatin'.

Geodude
20th August 2005, 8:54 PM
I thought the argument between TR and the PMC about weirdness was funny. :D

jolteonjak
20th August 2005, 9:09 PM
I thought the argument between TR and the PMC about weirdness was funny. :D

That was about the only good part about it.

meh...that's all I say about the rest.

Kamex
20th August 2005, 9:10 PM
I liked the argument, too. Except it got old fast near the end of it.

It's strange... the PMC's Dexter sounded as if it was fed sugar so to make it hyper, making it talklikethis. O_o;
Actually, I remember it sounding exactly like the way it sounded in today's episode back in Johto. It was a good feeling to hear, nostalgically.

Okay, nice to finally see another new episode. If I'm not mistaken, that was a dub voice they gave Lunatone? If it was, that's kind of disappointing; they let Solrock keep its interesting Japanese voice. :/

Nice to see the PMC again. Apparently the female half of the group had a voice change (maybe because her last VA was Megan Hollingshead?).

There's something I didn't quite get. What happened to all the townspeople? Did Lunatone hide them somewhere, or what?

Lol, Camerupt Point. Nice that they added that landmark in the episode, although it wasn't in the games.

I'll rate this episode 7/10. Okay filler, really.

wobbanut
20th August 2005, 9:16 PM
Yay, I love the PMC. :D It's too bad they didn't team up with Team Rocket again like they did at the end of "Wish Upon a Star Shape", but it was great to see them again.

My two cents:

-- I loved the splitscreen fight between Ken and Jessie over who's weird. :D I always love splitscreen/popup fights, they are HILARIOUS. I can't remember how many episodes have them, but I know "Hello Pummelo", "The Totodile Duel", and "The Bicker the Better" do.
-- And speaking of Orange Island episodes, just HOW does Brock have a picture of "The Joy of Pokemon" Nurse Joy, when he was with Professor Ivy at the time? Unless he got it from her sister in "The Ice Cave", maybe.
-- Oo, Dextette *and* Dexter in the same episode. Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart really got the voice work with this episode.
-- ROFLOL at the PMC trying to pick up Lombre. :D Also at the twerps mistaking Team Rocket fighting for a space pokemon. :D
-- It's so nice to have a scene with Team Rocket and Team Twerp not sniping at each other. :)

Overall, 9/10. It was a great way to get back to new episodes.

TPMX
20th August 2005, 9:19 PM
That was about the only good part about it.

meh...that's all I say about the rest.

True, true. But I only saw, like, a little more than half. I had an emergency (not bathroom, something else).

Kamex
20th August 2005, 9:35 PM
Lol, it was funny when Team Rocket asked Ash & co. about Lunatone (or about the meteor, anyway), and they didn't know what they were talking about. Then Meowth said (by the way, this may not be the exact quote):
Meowth: Who said what?

The way Meowth emphasized "Who" made the quote hilarious.

Pika Hikari KT
21st August 2005, 12:24 AM
Personally, I thought this was a great filler. Great to see Ken and Mary again--their argument with TR was awesome.^_^ And nostalgia with the Cleffa episode in Johto; thank you 4Kids for remembering what they attempted to steal!:D

Lunatone's voice wasn't that bad IMO; if it is dubbed(sounded original to me; but then 4Kids have been known to sometimes do Pokémon voices that have the same name in Japan), this is one of their better ones.:) 8/10 for Crazy As A Lunatone.

Puffs
21st August 2005, 6:20 AM
yeah, Brock had a pic of the tan, buff Nurse Joy from "The Joy of Pokemon". He wasn't around in the Orange Islands, so how does that work?

-Funny PMC.
-Good voice for Lunatone.
-Funny PMC-TR interaction.
-Funny part with PMC & Lombre.
-Dexter's voice returns.
-Better filler.

I give it 8/10.

Kanadian Kyuubi
21st August 2005, 3:30 PM
Okay, interesting episode we had here. We have now gotten a preview of Tate and Liza's Pokemon team now that we have seen Lunatone (which had a very strange voice, kinda sounds like Chimecho, chime chime!).

The flashlight motto was very funny, and the PMC dudes were just as good! We also got a revue of the original Dexter Pokedex (the one they have looks alot like a GBA SP, they should have cut it, like they painted over dolls and cut trading cards, and changed onigirl into a sandwich!

7/10

Nah, just another filler, next week on my pair of reviews, "The Garden of Eatin'" and "Pokeblock, Stock and Berry"!

Akane
24th August 2005, 6:35 AM
I thought this was a good filler. PMC and Team Rocket was soo funny in this one. I thought I won't see the PMC again. I was shocked when I did see them. Totally funny. Also how Ash and everyone try to get Luntone some moonlight. It was great. ^^ 8/10.

Pokemon Fan
26th August 2005, 1:28 AM
[color=lightblue]- Brock says "I've heard theories that say Clefairy and Starmie are from outer space."
It has precedent. In "Will the real Oak please stand up" a couple of remarks are made about speculation that Starmie (or Staryu, or both, can't remember) are related to aliens, communicating with them etc.

yeah, Brock had a pic of the tan, buff Nurse Joy from "The Joy of Pokemon". He wasn't around in the Orange Islands, so how does that work?
Brock was in the Orange Islands, just with Ivy and not Ash's group. He could very well have encountered the buff Nurse Joy. However, knowing Brock I would suspect he has "methods" of collecting info and pictures of the Nurse Joys in every region. For all we know there could be a book called "Nurse Joys of the World." ^_^

<><><>

The PMC's voice were way too boring and robotic for most of the episode, but they improved toward the end.

V Faction
26th August 2005, 2:06 AM
^_^

DAI

[/tencharacterlimitfoo]

Torkoal Stu
27th August 2005, 11:28 AM
Ok o_O Wierd episode.

Good Points:
*The PMC have a Pokedex and it was funny when they had Lombre though.
*Lunatone has a fitting voice.
*Atleast Ash and Brock remembered the PMC and why they meet them when Brock said "You were after the Cleffa" which I didn't expect the writers to remember.
*The fight about wierdness was funny. Also "I'm not wierd" "Chime chime" "Am i?" That bit was just wierd lol.
*Also it was good that the PMC and Team Rocket remembered each other.
*Beautifly!!!!!!!!!! First time in ages!

Bad Points:
*The PMC were all like "Ashockwave" all in a robotic voices. Gah they should sound more human like they did last time. But they were ok at the end.
*Nurse Joy colone?
*"Not so Quick!" XD Gah that annoyed me.

Pretty good but PMC never come back that we know of so :(

Blaziken master
11th September 2005, 6:52 PM
Dis anyone besides me think that the japanese title was referring to Deoxys?It was after a while till I thought of lunatone.Silly me
I just saw this ep.I actually thought it was okay,nothing spectacluar.Lunatone's voice was pretty weird,the female PMC had an annoying voice.I liked the pokedex voice:It was like a speeded up version of the old one.

Chris
27th September 2005, 12:03 AM
I find it hilarious how 4Kids decides to edit the time on the watch to a ridiculous hour, rather than converting it to the standard 12-hour time, and KEEPING the design of the watch despite them editing anything related to "Pokémon merchandise." Oh how the inconsistancies are rising.

http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/comparisons/houen/ep087_watchj.jpg http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/comparisons/houen/ep087_watchu.jpg

After that episode, they decide to go back to editing stuff that isn't even accurate to the real things, like so:
http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/comparisons/houen/ep093_cards01j.jpg http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/comparisons/houen/ep093_cards01e.jpg

Dogasu
27th September 2005, 12:06 AM
Dis anyone besides me think that the japanese title was referring to Deoxys?

Nope. The little Kimori box on the official TV-Tokyo site (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/3_back_num/0729.html) mentions the fact that Lunatone comes from space, just like Deoxys.

Blaziken master
27th September 2005, 5:13 PM
Nope. The little Kimori box on the official TV-Tokyo site (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/3_back_num/0729.html) mentions the fact that Lunatone comes from space, just like Deoxys.

I would have realised this if I came to serebii forums earlier then I wouldn't have made that mistake

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
5th October 2005, 9:22 PM
I like the part where Nurse Joy was hypnotized, revisited memories of Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 6:08 AM
wow lunatone is a powerful pokemon if it can hipnotize an entire town. it was only an ok episode for me. 6/10

Riva
19th July 2006, 9:23 PM
PMC are just two dumb kids who actually make Jessie and James decent adversaries for Ash and co., anyone with me on that?

Also, I think the reason they only have two members is that they're full of baloney.

Ashy Boy
21st July 2006, 2:29 PM
I agree. Those guys are just as pathetic as they were in that Johto filler ep

Riva
21st July 2006, 5:06 PM
And their crackpot theories; Snorlax create crop circles....

Igottapoo
13th January 2009, 12:12 AM
I like this episode. The PMC is refreshing compared to Team Rocket. But the idea of stealing Pokemon, however, is not.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 3:00 PM
it was a good episode but i will never understand the logic about lunatones in the world of pokemon._.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 10:18 PM
a nice episode, Lunatone is kinda scary ^_^;

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:32 PM
Hmm, i loved to see Lunatone, a pokemon from the space.

And the new team, they were returned, great.

too bad they had no pokemon.

7/10

Armaldo48
5th January 2010, 9:00 PM
Those PMC guys kept calling team rocket crazy. I guess they never looked in a mirror eh?

7.5/10

Lorde
9th January 2010, 11:14 AM
The PMC were refreshing, though like Team Rocket, their ideas are fishy.

Lunatone really was scary and I thought it was kinda crazy as the title refers. I mean, hypnotizing people? Sounds like something a villian would do.

Not my favorite, but it gets the job done, 3/10

Willow's Tara
10th May 2010, 8:13 AM
PMC are quite idiots (Where did that get that pokedex?) it was funny how they thought Lombre was an alien. I twas nice to see Lunatone again, I wonder of Lunatone and Solrock are actually space Pokemon, they could probably survive in space.

Nurse Joy really looked like a zombie, it was funny when Ash and co was following TR. You know what I think why PMC have never appeared again? Maybe this blast off actually killed them, surely not everyone is immortal.

I could have sworn I posted in this thread before

saar
6th July 2010, 5:35 PM
Lunatone's look was strange when it was sick.
Although the team(doesn't remember their name)returned to their second appearance, I didn't like this one so much.

KGB13
2nd August 2010, 7:19 PM
This episode was pretty 'meh'.

I was impressed that Lunatone was able to hypnotize all those people at once, but this episode was very boring.

G50
5th March 2011, 7:46 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Lunatone for the 1st time. I like Lunatone better than Solrock. The plot wasn't very exciting... All they were trying to do was expose Lunatone to the moonlight to regain its energy. The PMC was definitely very weird, their capture attempts were bad. Plus they fell for the Moon Party lie from Ash. Nurse Joy was funny when she was hypnotized.

14/100

Vernikova
22nd July 2012, 3:14 AM
The PMC, just like the Marikarp Salesman, make any episode their in watchable. Including this one. They're a refreshing change of pace from Team Rocket and they're usually in interesting episodes such as this one. Good job writers.

7threst
5th October 2012, 12:10 PM
Seeing the PMC again after such a while was great for the overall synopsis of this episode. As Terra said, minor recurring characters like the PMC make it more watchable and enjoyable to see. Lunastone was pretty cool. Episodes like this tend to be humorous and the whole episode did that with the PMC for the most part.

Painkiller2001
8th November 2014, 1:32 AM
Genuinely surprised that the PMC appeared in this episode. :)
Lunatone's voice is...a mix of mesmerizing and disturbing. 0_o

Lorde
29th November 2014, 12:11 AM
Seeing Ken and Mary arrive at Lunatone's crash site in a giant mecha was so Team Rocket-esque imo. Anyway, I adored the old western feel of the town here, and I cackled when Brock took out his book with pictures of various Nurse Joy's. I liked how Ash and friends tried sneaking Lunatone out of the town, as well as Joy's Pokewalker-esque watch.