PDA

View Full Version : The Garden of Eatin'! (364)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 4:15 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/364.jpgThe Garden of Eatin'!

Ash & Co. find a Pokémon Park which has loads of Bananas and Slakoths in, however a Snorlax has recently arrived and is eating all the fruit. Ash & Co. are recruited into stopping him. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/364.shtml)

Discuss

Torkoal Stu
18th December 2004, 8:02 AM
snorlax is so cool but i though (i don't know why) ash's snorlax would come.also it looks like a filler. i came up with another dub title

-better to be safe than slakoth- (better to be safe than sorry)
-stop snorlax-ing- (pun on the words stop snoring because it has snorlax in it)
-time to snorlax- (pun on the words time to relax because it has a snorlax)

vulpix
3rd April 2005, 12:20 AM
snorlax is so cool but i though (i don't know why) ash's snorlax would come.also it looks like a filler. i came up with another dub title

-better to be safe than slakoth- (better to be safe than sorry)
-stop snorlax-ing- (pun on the words stop snoring because it has snorlax in it)
-time to snorlax- (pun on the words time to relax because it has a snorlax)
i like "better to be safe than slakoth" the best.

DarkWobbuffet
4th April 2005, 5:44 AM
i like "better to be safe than slakoth" the best.

Agreed. The title would state the plot of the episode, that it's better to be safe and evolve it into a Vigoroth then for it to stay a Slakoth.

Well, I read the episode guide, and I'm highly confused that a single Slakoth could faint Pikachu, Torkoal and Grovyle, the very three who defeated the entire Slakoth family back in the Norman episode. I'm going to have to see this episode for myself to be sure.

Torkoal Stu
4th April 2005, 7:37 PM
Agreed. The title would state the plot of the episode, that it's better to be safe and evolve it into a Vigoroth then for it to stay a Slakoth..

Yay two people like my guess title. Thanks. No one usually likes my guesses.

Sushi
3rd May 2005, 9:42 PM
Well, the drawing-style in this episode wasn't that good, but the hilarity quite made up for it in my opinion^^ My favorite moment was when May said "Son'na banana" instead of "Son'na bakana", that was very funny.

Nice to see a comeback of Slakoth, Vigoroth and Snorlax. And that cool BGM from AG 91 that is played so rarely was in there too (For some strange reason, I saw AG 91 before this one)!

One minus point was that Slakoth's battle-and-evolution-scene, it was too rushed and a bit unrealistic generally. On the other hand I can understand that the the writers hadn't had the time to make it any longer, especially since the battling was not the focus of this ep.

So, overall I think this episode was quite good.

NeoAlphaGenesis
31st May 2005, 12:24 AM
I'm really looking forward to this episode. Snorlax is one of my favorite pokemon, and it'll be great to see it in action again even if it's the "bad guy" this time around!

I always felt that Ash should've used Snorlax more often in his gym battles in Johto, and later in Hoenn. During the Silver Conference, Snorlax won more battles than any of Ash's other pokemon, so it's clear Snorlax is one of Ash's strongest pokemon. In fact, I'd rank Snorlax right up there with Charizard and Pikachu!

dubbi
12th June 2005, 1:03 AM
this might be my favorite episode ever there was a episode like this before where snorlax was eating all the fruit and that was my favorite episode can someone please give me the name

Electrode Destroyer
26th July 2005, 10:46 AM
This episode was pretty good. I still can't believe that Marseille (the owner of the garden) manages to catch a Snorlax with a pokeball, though to Juptile, Ash let the Slakoth-which has a cool hairdo- faint his pokemon so it could evolve. Overall, this episode was good, but not as good as "Crazy as a Lunatone" which is my fave Hoenn episode. And Geki, Ash does not get his Snorlax back, Prof. Oak just demonstrates a new Pokeblock for Snorlax and other big pokemon.

Geodude
30th July 2005, 6:50 PM
Well, I read the episode guide, and I'm highly confused that a single Slakoth could faint Pikachu, Torkoal and Grovyle, the very three who defeated the entire Slakoth family back in the Norman episode. I'm going to have to see this episode for myself to be sure.
The point of the battles wasn't for Ash to win, it was for Slakoth to evolve. Remember "The Problem with Paras" back in Kanto? Same thing.

.Bambi.
14th August 2005, 11:50 PM
Well, this episode aired yesterday in Canada...so here's my review!

Overall it was a pretty decent episode. Not as boring as the recent fillers *cough*last2episodes*cough* How they had to get rid of Snorlax by training Slakoth...it was quite good.

Interesting/Horrible Facts:

- The Garden is called "Banana Slakoth Garden", just like the Japanese title.

- Makino/Marcelle has...a French accent -.-o He even includes French words such as aurevoir, finni, mes amies, and ze instead of the. All because he has a French-looking moustache. Looks like Adan's Fate is Sealed >.>

- Snorlax has a new voice [random one and Ash's]. It's rough and gruff-sounding...kind of like Gengar's D:

- A Thunder and Iron Tail attack from a Lv 1047 Pikachu [Ash's] doesn't even phase Snorlax, but a Scratch from a newly evolved Vigoroth does? That makes sense :rolleyes:

- When Pikachu's Attacks don't hurt Snorlax, May says "This is Bananas!"
...First "The More the Morier" now this? I seriously hope May's recent cheesy one liners has nothing to do with the estimated IQ 4Kids seems to have for her...and from these lines, it seems that it's set VERY low...e.e

Quotes:

- Meowth: We're in the Valley of the Jolly Green Snorax! [Hehehe... (http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6955/greensnorlax0mm.png)]

- Meowth [after clothing fantasy]: I'm just happy because I'll finally be wearing some clothes!

- Meowth: Lowering! [may not be funny now, but he says it in an incredibly gay tone which makes it hi-larious].

More Proof of 4Kids' Attempt to makes James Gay...

- Jessie: If we're going to get promoted, we really should think about getting new uniforms and a new look.

James: Good point. These uniforms are a bit dated [they have been wearing them through 3 regions now :p]

Jessie: Something with a long coat, high collar, cool graphics, and all black!

James: And tight pants! [Oh 4Kids...WHY?!]

- James: Get a good grip!

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

TR Motto...

Jessie: Prepare for trouble as we respresent.

James: We're making it double with a fashion statement!

Jessie: To protect the world from taste gone bad.

James: To unite all people with a trendy fad!

Jessie: To denounce the evils of things bourgeois

James: To extend our reach to a fashion faux pas.

Jessie! James!

Jessie: Team Rocket is blasting off at the Speed of light!

James: So surrender now now cause we're looking so outa sight!

Overall: 7.5/10 - Not horrible, but not too interesting.

Eternal Eievui
16th August 2005, 10:30 PM
Good lord, what did they do to Snorlax's voice? ~_~ It's name is actually audible now.

Momoko Lover
16th August 2005, 10:34 PM
The episode does look cool. I can't wait till it airs in the U.S.

Geodude
16th August 2005, 10:56 PM
- When Pikachu's Attacks don't hurt Snorlax, May says "This is Bananas!"
...First "The More the Morier" now this? I seriously hope May's recent cheesy one liners has nothing to do with the estimated IQ 4Kids seems to have for her...and from these lines, it seems that it's set VERY low...e.e
What the heck made you blame that quote on 4Kids? The other one I can understand, but the others facefaulted in reaction to this one, so obviously there was something similar in the original.

Sweet May
27th August 2005, 5:19 PM
the episode was ok.......... the battle with Vigoroth and Snorlax was kool....... i'd give it a 8/10

Medea
27th August 2005, 5:45 PM
This was an okay episode...that's all I gotta say on that behalf. Another appearance by Professor Oak is always good. Plus Slakoth was pretty cool in battle. However, is it just me or does Snorlax's voice seem different...Oh well, maybe it's just me!

jolteonjak
27th August 2005, 5:52 PM
Yah...I was kinda bored with this episode.

Lil Brother
27th August 2005, 5:56 PM
I wonder why they didn't just call up Norman and ask to use his Vigoroth. Max had just metnioned Norman before they came up with the evolution idea.

Snorlax's new voice was horrible! O.o

Yay for the cameos of Ash's Snorlax and Professor Sammy.

The "that's bannanas" thing was funny, not because of May, but because of everyone's reaction to it. You'd think with the dub versions of the characters would be used to it after years of 4Kids puns. ;)

Meh... this episode was pretty bland. 8/10.

DarkWobbuffet
27th August 2005, 6:46 PM
Ash let the Slakoth faint his pokemon so it could evolve.

I understand that now, still, it was a bit of a letdown to see two of my favorite Pokemon get treated like punching bags, even if it was for training. If I were the writers I would have done that segment differently, maybe just have one Pokemon spar against the Namakero until it evolved.

And if you guys are planning to click the reply button and tell me to get over it, don't bother. :P

S.Suikun
27th August 2005, 7:21 PM
This was a painfully average filler. Glad Ash's Snorlax at least got a brief cameo, but having a Snorlax vs. Snorlax battle would have made the episode ten times better. I don't know why they decided to give Marcel a German accent when he looks much more Hispanic.

And if you guys are planning to click the reply button and tell me to get over it, don't bother. :P
Get over it. ^_^

DarkWobbuffet
27th August 2005, 7:52 PM
Get over it. ^_^

*whacks Suicune with a paper fan*

Hey! What'd I just say?!? :O

On another note, that guy sounded more French then German to me. o_O

Geki
27th August 2005, 8:47 PM
I liked this episode, it was a great filler. The best thing was the man that owned the garden's voice, it was unique unlike other dub voices we have heard over and over again. Overall, a good filler, and it made me want a Banana Split after! XD

8/10

Kanadian Kyuubi
28th August 2005, 12:38 AM
Yep, another filler to put in the pile, so what did I think?
2 words and 7 letters:
It's Bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

May's line "This is Bananas!" proves that 4Kids has been listening to "Hollaback Girl" too much! Marcelle was a pretty quirky French guy, and the return of Snorlax also got me happy!

I'm wondering what berries Oak used in that Snorlax Pokeblock. But enough about Berries, I noticed Snorlax's new voice, but it just sounded like a variation of the old Snorlax voice. The only other good line I remember (because Chronicles has brainwashed me) was TR's little line:

"It's the valley of the Jolly Green Snorlax!"

Overall, just another wacky filler....
10/20

(for info about the 20 thing, look at my LOT review)

The Big Al
28th August 2005, 1:00 AM
Actually a really good filler. Marcel was an okay character and at last breaks the annoying french guy stereotype American cartoon companies shove down our throats.

The Vigoroth/Snorlax battle kicked ***. It even came with the E4 music.

All in all, a decent episode.

Kamex
28th August 2005, 3:35 AM
I rather enjoyed this episode. 4Kids included a lot of info that showed they actually payed some attention to how things work, like about Vital Spirit, the cube of food being a Pokeblock, and the fact that Norman also had Slakoth.

Nice Paras-to-Parasect style training they gave Slakoth. Although it was a bit TOO easy, how they had it evolve so quick. o_o

Snorlax's new voice isn't that great, IMO. It might have been okay if I hadn't gotten used to the old one, which was a lot deeper, rather than gruff and raspy. Plus-and I'm not sure about this-but if the person who plays as Snorlax's voice plays Blastoise's, 'cause they sound alike, then my favorite Pokemon might have a changed voice! X/

Well, overall, it was a pretty good filler. 7/10.

The Big Al
28th August 2005, 3:44 AM
That Slakoth was probably the strongest. It might have been on the verge of evolving and realized this.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th August 2005, 3:47 AM
May's line "This is Bananas!" proves that 4Kids has been listening to "Hollaback Girl" too much!

Wouldn't she have said "this (stuff) is bananas" then?

Batdude
28th August 2005, 3:32 PM
Wouldn't she have said "this (stuff) is bananas" then?Ha! We wish. Pokémon is probably one of the only shows that's getting more immature the longer it goes on.

Anyway, I liked this ep. Snorlax was always a favourite of mine. I would have liked a bit of Snorlax versus Snorlax action though. Them trying to hurt Snorlax reminded me of when they tried to wake it up for the Orange League match, blasting the crap out of it. Ah, the good old days...

The Vigoroth versus Snorlax thing was a bit of a sham to be honest. As K.C said, it's very funny how Pikachu (who's thunder does a hell of a lot of damage) didn't even phase the thing, and yet a newly evolved Vigoroth kicked it round the shop. Ah well, still a good ep. Nice to see Yawn and Rest acknowledged together.

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 1:58 AM
I think this episode would have been a lot better if it wasn't for Marcel. He really got on my nerves during this episode and he was a big distraction. The episode otherwise was great, with a cameo by Ash's Snorlax and the fight between Vigoroth and Snorlax, but I wish Marcel hadn't been such a drag on the episode.

I also liked the final scene, with Team Rocket doing the motto in their sleep, and wearing great new clothes. That was awesome. :D

6/10

Sharpshooter
30th August 2005, 6:53 AM
This episode reminded me a lot of the Orange Islands episode "Snack Attack!". Pretty much the same concept, other than this time pokemon were being affected by the food shortage.

The idea of Slakoth to evolve was pretty predictable I suppose given the nature of what needed to happen in order to stop Snorlax, but I liked the idea of trying to involve some battling into it anyway.

The Snorlax is now used in a health spa, but has anyone worked out how are they going to feed it?

Blaziken master
12th September 2005, 7:46 PM
Just saw this ep.The battles were pretty good and I'm glad just a little bit of torkoal was in it.

Riva
21st July 2006, 5:11 PM
That fanged Slakoth with the large tuff didn't seem like your typical Slakoth. I wonder if that's how they'd all look and act when they're close to evolving...

C.J. Ray
25th July 2006, 7:04 AM
They feed Snorlax that Pokeblock Oak made, the one that will be used by May to feed Munchlax much later.

Great episode, and I liked how that Slakoth with the weird hair wanted to evolve and kicked Ash's butt even though Norman(who has a lot more battle experience with his Slakoth) lost his Slakoth to Torkoal's flames.

BTW, why doesn't Slakoth and Slaking in the anime show off the Truant trait(where the Slak@@@ only attacks once in a while and loafs off every other time)? I know that would give the Slak@@@ a big disadvantage anime-wise, but come on! It's not like they were going to lose.

Ashy Boy
3rd September 2006, 10:51 AM
I didn't like TR's "new" oufits in the end, even though it was a dream. In fact, they merely wore those outfits over their old ones.

CyberCubed
17th November 2006, 6:43 AM
I liked this episode a lot, May's, "This is bananas!" line was delivered perfectly that it was hilarious.

Man, it's times like this I miss Veronica Taylor. :/

penngrade6
23rd April 2007, 3:19 PM
I was kind of hoping for Ash's Snorlax to come and battle the other Snorlax, but it never happened. It's nice to see Proffesor Oak and Ash's Snorlax having a cameo anyway.

I thought it was okay, I loved those Slakoths though. The battle between Vigoroth and Snorlax was pretty good as well.

Igottapoo
11th January 2009, 7:52 AM
An okay episode. Pretty good Slakoth and Snorlax battle.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 11:30 AM
lol i know somebody who looks exact the like a snorlax, anyway it was a good episode and it had a nice battle as well.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 5:21 PM
Slakoth is a really cute and funny Pokemon, i loved this episode

ryodragonite
22nd September 2009, 2:25 AM
slakoth is one of the best pokemon ever im glad they got their garden back

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 10:33 AM
It was great to see Ash's Snorlax again.

And i loved all those Slakoths, they were funny...

7/10

saar
9th July 2010, 3:30 PM
Well I was surprised Ash's Grovyle and Torkoal lost to Slakoth.
Ash's Snorlax should have appeared with Ash, who should have returned it.

KGB13
2nd August 2010, 12:08 AM
This episode was OK.

The only thing that saved it from being completely bad was the Vigoroth vs Snorlax battle, that was good.

But what would have been better is if Ash used his Snorlax to battle the other one, that could have made for an awesome sumo match.

Lorde
9th November 2010, 10:49 PM
Well this episode was unexpected. Ash and friends just so happened to find the Slakoth Banana Garden on their way to Lilycove City? How convenient. Anyway, I disliked that Ash and friends had to, once again, help a random trainer solve an issue since that's been done to death. What made things in this episode so much worse was the fact that, once again, Ash and friends had to stop a Snorlax from eating everything in sight! Wasn't that done in the Orange Islands already? Anyway, Marcel was an interesting character though since he was actually pretty good in battle with his Vigoroth. I was glad that he was able to finally capture Snorlax and put it to good use. It was nice that he was able to put an end to the issue himself. Pretty decent. 5/10.

G50
5th March 2011, 7:53 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see a Slakoth again. It was cool to see Vigoroth's Vital Spirit ability explained and used for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Slakoth evolution into Vigoroth even though it really was rushed. I'm Glad Mariselle was able to catch the Snorlax after Vigoroth defeated it.

32/100

Archangel Armada
21st July 2012, 1:02 AM
Well this episode was.. good. Not a fan of Slakoth nor Vigoroth as well as Snorlax, but I got a good laugh when May says, "Well this is bananas!" and the group is like, "Oh May!' ~_~
I like how that dude (forgot his name XP) Speaks. French ^_^
Good Episode ^_^

Vernikova
22nd July 2012, 3:19 AM
Snorlax's battle with Vigoroth was pretty cool. But that's pretty much all that this episode had going for it. It was an above-average episode but nothing much happened about it.

7threst
5th October 2012, 1:06 PM
These episode was also quite reminiscent of previous episodes back in Kanto and the Orange Islands. The Giovanni fantasy was one of the most hilarious I've seen in a while and for the most part, the plot was alright but not to noteworthy.

Painkiller2001
8th November 2014, 1:45 AM
Well I was surprised Ash's Grovyle and Torkoal lost to Slakoth.

Well, it was just supposed to be a battle to help Slakoth evolve...

Well, I have to say, there's more interesting episodes than this one, since it was just a rehash of "Snack Attack" from the OI saga.