PDA

View Full Version : A Scare To Remember! (365)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:16 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/365.jpgA Scare To Remember

After hitting it's head, Pikachu loses all of it's memories. Wandering whats going on, it bumps into Meowth who takes advantage of the situation and recruits Pikachu into Team Rocket. Can Ash get Pikachu's memory restored?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/365.shtml)

Discuss

Crystal Latios
25th October 2004, 5:37 PM
I don`t like it ;( It was pretty boring for me. I can`t speak japanese so I didn`t understand that Meowth says. 70% of episode- Meowth`s dialogues, 20% of episode- TR has a fun with Pikachu, 10% of episode- a fight between Ash and Team Rocket.

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 5:48 PM
I don't really like talking episodes that much, I prefer action-packed episodes.
I was going to watch this one but if it's just talking I'll wait until the dubbed version (years away).

Geodude
12th December 2004, 6:57 PM
Predicted dub title:

Pikachu Re-Volts...Again?

The Big Al
13th December 2004, 2:14 AM
I was hoping for this to be a two parter. I think they could have done a lot more with the idea.

vulpix
22nd February 2005, 10:52 PM
didn't picachu join team rocket cause it gets amniea/loses it's memory?

xyzman123
5th May 2005, 1:13 AM
Woah!!! The title of this episode shocked me. It can't be true, is it?

Jesse GS the II
5th May 2005, 6:36 AM
My predicted dub title for this one is "The Pikachu-rian Candidate". And if 4Kids doesn't use this title, I'll be sorely disappointed, because it's absolutely perfect for this episode. For those who don't know, "The Manchurian Candidate" is a movie about kidnapped American soldiers who are brainwashed into attempting a Presidential assassination. Given that in this episode, Pikachu is essentially brainwashed into attempting to harm Ash, it's basically the ultimate dub title in this case.

PokeFan4Ever7783
18th May 2005, 12:47 AM
Oh goodie another Ash and Pikachu moment episode.

Ash XD
30th June 2005, 1:15 AM
Yeah but could someone create a new thread about the episode Catch Snorunt!! Please

P.S. SNORUNT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;361;

WindyNight
21st August 2005, 1:42 AM
YTV aired this episode today at noon..It was a pretty good episode...It's really cool for Pikachu to join Team Rocket, but I know Ash feels really sad at that moment...He and Pikachu are pals since a long time ago..I got touched at the part when Ash and Pikachu fell in the river and got swept away...*sniff* Anyways, it's good for Pikachu to regain its memory and become Ash's friend again...^^ Overall, I give a rating 8/10 for the episode...

Kanadian Kyuubi
21st August 2005, 2:18 PM
Okay, this might have been a filler, but this is one of those things when it is a very serious filler. Now, there were some funny parts (the whole Meowth's blue overlay running gag was a little funny), the TR peeling off the tree part was hilarious, and during the part after that, I was paying attention to half of what TR was saying..because of Wobbuffet's dancing!

Of course, the insert song almost made me cry, but I'm glad Ash got his best friend back.

This episode had elements from other episodes:
Gotta Dance!-Wobbuffet's Dancing
Whiscash and Ash-Ash being saved from drowning by a Pikachu (last time, Pikachu bait)
Pikachu's Goodbye-Insert Song, and Pikachu almost going away for good.

This episode wasn't as much of a tear-jerker as the Togepi Saga's ending but still, this was pretty seriously, the best Pokemon episode EVAR!!!

11/10

ShoOCha0tic
25th August 2005, 7:28 PM
ok this eposde was funny!! but not the pikachu and ash thing -.- EVERYONE noes there gonna be back together no matter wut. **wasnt there an episode like this a while back in season 1-2ish??**

Feity
30th August 2005, 2:27 PM
ok this eposde was funny!! but not the pikachu and ash thing -.- EVERYONE noes there gonna be back together no matter wut. **wasnt there an episode like this a while back in season 1-2ish??**
it was an episode in the Orange Islands arc, called Pikachu Re-Volts (http://serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/088.shtml) where Pikachu is mind controled by Cassidy and Butch's Drowzee (sp?)

Pika Hikari KT
3rd September 2005, 3:59 PM
I really liked this episode. The Pikachu and Meowth segments were too kawaii to not like.^_^ James controlling Pikachu...awesome to say the least. Too bad we didn't get more of a battle with Heel Pika.:( BTW, the insert song was NOT 'The Time Has Come'. It was something totally different, which sucks. The former would've really added to the flashback... Other than that, an original Pikachu-centered episode gets this a 8.5/10.

Geki
3rd September 2005, 4:08 PM
This was a pretty cool episode, it had great animation. Seeing Meowth and Pikachu be friends was rare, that only happens about once every two regions. The last part when Ash and Pikachu floated down the river was touching.

4/5

CyberCubed
3rd September 2005, 4:28 PM
It was alright. The best part of the episode was the end with TR using Pikachu against Ash.

Medea
3rd September 2005, 5:15 PM
Wow, this didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought. Even though throughout the episode I was referencing things from Bound for Trouble...But that's just me...Either way, it was a pretty good episode for the most part.

Lil Brother
3rd September 2005, 5:16 PM
Dude. This Episode is AWESOME.

*Wobbuffet followed by James followed by Jessie are all smashed into the same tree ontop of eachother*.

Jessie: You know James, I've never felt this close to you before.

*Jessie falls and peels away like paper*.

James: I feel the same about you... *Falls off* and Wobbuffet.

Jessie: Hold on, where's Meowth?

James Well, perhaps he got blown further away than you or I since he weighs abit less than we do.

Jessie: Are you calling me fat?! Oh well. Guess we should return to base then?

James: And just leave Meowth lost out here?

Jessie: Listen what's the point of us searching for Meowth and then all of us getting lost? It's smarter to wait back at base.

James: I think your logic hides the fact you don't care.

Jessie: Thank you doctor, shall we go now?

James: Go where? Go which way?

Jessie *Angry*: What? Are you trying to tell me that we're lost?

James: Now it's anger hiding how much you DO care.

The entire scene Wobbuffet is doing aerobics in the background XD.

Not so funny in text but the moment is priceless when you see it xD.I was laughing throughout that entire scene. At least Rocketshippers are happy... and James/Wobbuffet shippers. XD

Pikachu is such an idiot. XD

Meowth's personality reminded me of the Whirl Island episode with the fat Pidgeys.

Jessie is such a jerk. :D

I hated the flashback scene. 50% of it was from earlier that episode, and they only used clips from AG. And the dub music was horrible.

And... that's it, I guess. 8/10.

Sweet May
3rd September 2005, 5:19 PM
the episode was very kool.......... the Pikachu being nice to Meowth was sweet....... i loved the episode except the end since it didn't interest me that much........ XP..... so i'll give it a 8/10

Emma Iveli
3rd September 2005, 6:08 PM
I liked it, it was so touching. Plus I like Team Rocket's base, I was expecting something nice the way Jessie talked about it.

S.Suikun
3rd September 2005, 6:18 PM
This episode could have easily been renamed "'Bound for Trouble' that doesn't suck". And it had an original song that didn't suck, either! Wow! Otherwise, this was simply decent. Some really humorous moments here and there, including the first time I've actually laughed at Wobbuffet since Johto.

ArrEmmDee
3rd September 2005, 7:29 PM
Gah. I woke up late and missed the first 10 minutes or so, and then the channel started acting wierd a few minutes after the said the motto, going normal in the middle of that song. Now I have to wait for the rerun to get the full thing.

Eric Cartman
3rd September 2005, 7:37 PM
This episode was okay, but I didn't like all that mushy goosie ****, when Ash, and Pikachu were in the river, and when they fell he would've been crushed.

Geodude
3rd September 2005, 8:25 PM
and during the part after that, I was paying attention to half of what TR was saying..because of Wobbuffet's dancing!
I know, that scene was hilarious. Wobby hardly does anything useful, but you still gotta love the blue blob. :D

The Big Al
3rd September 2005, 11:27 PM
What a wasted plot device. I agree with most that they could have had Pikachu be with TR. They could have even had Pikahu enter the contest in Lilycove. Then Ash's training would be given a sense of urgancy. Alas, even the Japanese version of the show has been made so shallow that we'll never such a thing.

Kamex
3rd September 2005, 11:57 PM
Well, although this episode was very similar to others like "Bound for Trouble", it was okay.

I actually thought the song was kinda sweet. Sure, the whole scene, not to mention the whole episode is kind of unoriginal, but not considering that, it wasn't too bad.

I don't mean to bring up this old rant again, but seriously, James' voice cuts all of his jokes' funniness in half. It's just very, very hard for me to enjoy his silliness as it currently is and has been since the middle of Johto. I'm reminded of the terrible voice change he got every single episode of Hoenn. :/ But I don't see him changing back anytime soon, so that's it for my complaining for now. >_>

Anyway, I sort of expected more out of this episode. 7/10.

jolteonjak
4th September 2005, 12:36 AM
This episode was actually quite enjoyable. Though I wish Pikachu's amnesia lasted longer...

MayAsh1987
4th September 2005, 4:56 AM
I seen the Japanese episode first a month ago and I was happy it aired today. Some of the lines were crazy like.....

Jessie: YOu know JAmes, I never felt this close to you before.
JAmes: I feel the same about you....

Jessie: Are you calling me fat?

Ouch!!!!!

I was surprised 4 Kids would put the song in the flashback scene. I thought they would something bogus soothing scene which they do a lot what I heard of. Also they changed the clips for that part too, so they aren't the same clips you see and compare.

Another surprise part is they kept the part where they grab their lower eye lids and stick their tongue, don't know what you guys call it but they kept it.

That was crazy how Meowth try to brainwash Pikachu sayin, "You been a Team Rocket member since you were a baby!"

And Team Rocket got the chance to do their revenge. Poor Ash getting shocked by the electric attacks from his own PIkachu, felt sorry but hey once in a while you have to see how Team Rocket went through.

My favorite part was when Ash and Pikachu got back together, it felt so emotional. I started to cry. (I'm a crybaby.)

This episode gets 10/10. I don't have any complaints, but it reminded me of something important which I could relate too.

Oh by the way, don't ever say forever. Because something bad happens. Always!!!!!!

Faerie
4th September 2005, 5:00 AM
I've always loved the touching episodes of Pokemon. They used to do a lot of them in the old series, but they stopped up until now. It was a lot better than I expected, and I'm glad I didn't miss it!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th September 2005, 9:25 AM
it was a good episode. Pikachu joining Team Rocket was cool but the mushy bit with Ash and Pikachu in the river SUCKED!

I still can't belive that was water!

8/10

Joe
4th September 2005, 9:46 AM
It's been quite a while since I'm seen any episodes, the last one was 'Take this house and Shuppet!' but I decided to watch this one.

Just saw the episode about.....nearly 2 hours ago, and it was quite good. Good twist with Pikachu joining Team Rocket, and James' face when they were blasting of at the end was kawaii! :p

Mudkip got some screentime this ep, which is always good!

Sharpshooter
4th September 2005, 12:03 PM
It's a useful episode, although I didn't like the way Pikachu finally, out of nowhere remembered Ash just like that.

The reunion was a bit mushy alright, "Pikachu's goodbye" was much better at demonstrating this IMO, but seeing Team Rocket actually use Pikachu on Ash was quite funny/odd I suppose. They probably should have made Team Rocket do more than Pikachu though. Otherwise decent-ish episode.

Kanadian Kyuubi
4th September 2005, 1:33 PM
I forgot to mention; they actually kept the Bii-da thing that Team Rocket did! I thought 4Kids didn't like that!

MayAsh1987: I mentioned the name of that thing, they usually cut them but today was an exception.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
4th September 2005, 2:27 PM
it was a upsetting episode,i was worried when ash fell into the river

10/10

Opal Pikachu13
4th September 2005, 2:33 PM
It was a good episode, but sad. Pikachu being nice to Meowth and vise versa, good. Team Rocket using Pikachu against Ash, pretty awesome twist seeing Ash get beat by his own Pokemon, Ash and Pikachu drifting through the river, pretty sad, but when Pikachu remembered Ash right away, wasn't a good ending. Pikachu should've had his memory gone a little longer then after the river scene. 9/10

Faerie
4th September 2005, 9:04 PM
it was a upsetting episode,i was worried when ash fell into the river

10/10I don't think you need to worry about that. The writers are big fat chickens, and would never forgive themselves if they did anything to their little Satoshi-chan. X__x;; I'm not bashing Satoshi, I'm just saying that the writers should be less protective of their characters and do something diffferent than favor them for a change. *coughkilloffMasatocough*

Kazaana
4th September 2005, 10:45 PM
I didn't like this episode that much at all. I dislike Pikachu greatly, and this episode was pretty much centered around it, so that's probably why.

This was also one of the few episodes that I enjoyed TR more than Ash (which is saying something =P). I hate when they keep on talking about Ash and Pikachu's friendship. You can only hear something so many times before it gets annoying. >/

And I agree that Pikachu should have had amnesia for a bit longer than it did. It would have made for a very interesting couple of episodes afterwards. =3

PokeTrainer7783
5th September 2005, 9:14 PM
Oh for crying out loud all I gotta say is can we get over the "Ash and Pikachu" will always previal in the end episodes???? and I didn't care for the song much I thought it was just as cheesy as most of the songs they play are. Why they changed the flashbacks I'll never know. I will admit Pikachu attacking Ash was kind of sad but you knew it wouldn't last long. and why must their reunions get mushier and hugger??? ehh it's creepy sometimes!!! I mean I like Ash and Pikachu it's not that I can't stand them but their reunions and episodes are always the same. If your gonna make one completely on them find some way to twist it and surprise us once in a while.

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th September 2005, 10:35 AM
This was half-good, half bad. Team Rocket were funny in this episode, especially Wobbuffet, but the Ash/Pikachu reunion sucked. This could've been a 2-parter, with a less mushy ending.

6/10.

PokeTrainer7783
6th September 2005, 7:44 PM
I personally think Ash needs Pikachu then vice versa. He frigging has a cow anytime Pikachu is lost. By now I'd be like great now I gotta bale it out of trouble again.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
7th September 2005, 4:41 AM
that Epsiode was ok

8/10

wobbanut
7th September 2005, 7:48 PM
Oo, I LOVED this episode. :D It was great to see Meowth and Pikachu being buddies for an episode, even if Meowth was leading him on. They were great together. It was also nice seeing Meowth do the same apple thing that Pikachu did with him in "Bound for Trouble". I do think Team Rocket did a little overkill frying Ash three times, but hey, at least once was great. While I'm in the middle of season four, when Team Rocket was often getting fried when they didn't deserve it, it's a treat to see them get a little revenge. :D I also loved the montage, it and the song were really beautiful. :) I watched the episode again last night, and it moved me far more than the montage in "Pikachu's Goodbye" did. I just wish they'd had flashbacks from farther back than "Hoenn Alone".

I also loved the part when Jessie, James, and Wobbuffet were flattened against the tree and were talking about being so close to each other. :D LOL

10/10

Edited because I'm stupid. ;)

PokeTrainer7783
8th September 2005, 1:14 AM
I personally would have given this episode higher credit if it had not been for the whole flashback song thingy. I don't think they had to make the episode that big of a deal. Sure it was sad that Pikachu lost it's memory but it wasn't the end of the world. Also since they were showing flashbacks they could've shown a little something from each season that would've made more of an impact on me instead of just showing the ones they've done recently. But if I have to scare it 7/10.

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 4:29 AM
Funny and ok Episode. I love how Pikachu joined Team Rocket. Team Rocket finally strung up a good lie, but Ash broke their dreams as usual.

Hidden Mew
10th September 2005, 1:05 AM
I thought that this was a wonderful epsiode. I loved how Ash and Pikachu got back together at the end. I got so scared when they fell in the river and I wanted to cry when they played the song in that flashback moment. I think it was only the Hoenn flashback because doing all other five seasons would take a long time. By the way, Pikachu probably got it's memory back while they were in the river or when they both landed on the side of the river. Anyway, this was wonderful to watch and I want to hear that song again.
;025; ;310; ;126; :172bros: ;262; ;335;
I am hidden, yet I am in front of you.

Tifa
10th September 2005, 1:09 AM
Aww i really loved the ending to this, and the song

wobbanut
10th September 2005, 3:25 PM
I thought that this was a wonderful epsiode. I loved how Ash and Pikachu got back together at the end. I got so scared when they fell in the river and I wanted to cry when they played the song in that flashback moment. I think it was only the Hoenn flashback because doing all other five seasons would take a long time. By the way, Pikachu probably got it's memory back while they were in the river or when they both landed on the side of the river. Anyway, this was wonderful to watch and I want to hear that song again.

I wish they would have at least had a flashback to the first episode, since Ash and Pikachu were swept down a river then too. That would have been an excellent memory trigger.

Black Marauder
10th September 2005, 11:30 PM
I kinda liked this episode......even though it was a filler....

PokeTrainer7783
11th September 2005, 5:04 AM
Yeah we all like to see Ash squirm once in a while don't we? Okay actually he does that a lot.

ChaosMage
11th September 2005, 8:56 PM
I liked this episode more than I thought I would. Meowth and Pikachu have some great moments together and it was cool to see the Bound for Trouble references. And dancing Wobbuffet is THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!

10/10 for dancing Wobbuffet
9/10 for Meowth moments
2/10 for plot (maybe in Kanto, but we've had 300 episodes since the time that this would have been good)

Overall score- 7/10

Caseydia
14th September 2005, 4:17 PM
I thought this episode was pretty funyy when I saw it. But I really don't like the english title they putted for it.

grovile
1st October 2005, 1:41 PM
A good episode.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 4:55 PM
it was an ok episode. it was kind of obvious that pikachu would get its memory back though... too bad it got it back so quickly. i thought this episode was a little pointless. 7/10

PokeTrainer7783
13th November 2005, 1:02 AM
I just hope there aren't anymore like this (Ash and Pikachu episodes) in Advanced Battle.

munchlaxboy
2nd April 2006, 3:56 PM
This was my second favorite filler!!! It was just plain awesome.

Champion Jared 14
25th July 2006, 12:54 AM
Wow, I just saw this eppy for the first time, and I was impressed! The music was good, and pikachu sided with TR for a good long while, that's about the best time that they'll get with him for a long time really. Poor TR, they finally admitted what loosers they are. :D :D

Jiggly1701
25th July 2006, 5:07 AM
I certaintly hadn't seen this episode before now, and it was really enjoyable.

Whoa! Pikachu in Team Rocket! Running with them and in the motto in everything. And, also, Pikachu was well-characterized in this one--upbeat and trusting.

Meowth had a great role in this one, with the typically-great voice acting from Maddie Blaustein.

They surprised me by not playing "Together Forever," but instead another song during the musical sequence.

Not quite as good a standalone episode as say, "The Bicker, The Better" or "An Egg-Sighting Adventure," but fun nonetheless.

Ash's Pika Pal
17th August 2006, 12:02 AM
This was a pretty good episode. But,IMO if Pikachu and Meowth wouldn't of met up with Ash and company or TR again, they might of ended up being buddies.
Poor Ash kept getting zapped by memoryless Pikachu. But, he kept at it, because he loves Pikachu so much. How sweet
The ending with Ash and Pikachu was sweet to.

hapani11
31st August 2006, 2:32 PM
i agree to meowth who wants to steal pikachu oh wait thats meowth

Igottapoo
12th January 2009, 3:06 AM
This was a pretty good episode. It was interesting to see Pikachu taking the side of Team Rocket. I loved it.

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 2:06 PM
it was something different to see pikachu join the other side, i could say it was a filthy thing to do even for team rocket.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 4:43 PM
A good episode, and a diffrent side of Pikachu...the end was sad when Ash save's Pika

Mr. Smile
23rd June 2009, 3:35 PM
I was surprised that this episode didn't include any major events or Pokemon debuts, but it wasn't a bad episode. 7/10

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 4:03 PM
Poor Pikachu.

His memory erased, but it remember all only when Ash injured.

and i loved to see TR with Pikachu for so long time.

8/10

Armaldo48
9th January 2010, 3:02 PM
It was cool to Pikachu in team rocket's motto. Good thing he got his memory back at the end.

8.5/10

Lorde
9th January 2010, 10:07 PM
It gave me such a delightful chill when Pikachu joined Team Rocket after losing some of it's memories.

I loved it. It was something new that rarely happens. Team Rocket almost got away with it too, had it not been for those meddling kids.

Too bad it got it's memories back just in time to turn on Team Rocket, 10/10

NES
3rd March 2010, 9:02 AM
Poor Pikachu, it would been a sad turn of events if they stole him for good, of course it wouldn't happen!

Meowth was a at lying.

Willow's Tara
10th May 2010, 7:21 AM
I bet if they had just left to the boss they might have actually gotten away with it. It was an interesting and good episode, not a common one since Pikachu lost it's memories, pity they didn't make it go longer.

saar
5th July 2010, 9:38 AM
Pikachu and Team Rocket would have been a great team if they would have actually leaving the place there were in. Ash and Co would have never found them. But that is Team Rocket, and because of that they've never captured Pikachu.

KGB13
11th August 2010, 2:34 AM
It was actually pretty cool to see Pikachu on TR's side, definitely a rare event.

Good episode.

G50
5th March 2011, 6:59 AM
This episode was ok... A very odd scenario to say the least. Pikachu lost its memory and then was tricked into joining TR for the time being. This was a very bizarre idea for an episode. It was sad to see Ash's reaction when Pikachu left to join TR. I'm glad Pikachu regained its memory and returned on Ash's side, which I think everyone would've predicted would happen. It was great to see Ash save Pikachu.

11/100

kmyeakel
17th February 2012, 11:43 PM
This episodes was awesome. Another one of those episodes is where you get separated and come back near the ending. Meowth and Pikachu are so good together. Also funny as well. Ash in a tree struggling to find Pikachu even though he can't go anywhere. Jessie and James being idiots as usually. Pikachu also was with team rocket for a short while, it was awesome for him to be back with Ash. 10/10

Faker500
17th April 2012, 6:19 PM
Nice episode. I have a few pros and cons about it too.

Pros-

Pikachu was actually cute in this episode.
Meowth being nice for a change.
Team Rocket's lines were funny.
Seeing Ash being shocked on purpose.
It's good to be alive!

Cons-

Bad sad dub music.

9/10.

Vernikova
24th July 2012, 8:16 PM
Pikachu was really cute when it joined on Team Rocket's motto. And, that's it I suppose. I wouldn't have minded seeing Pikachu join Team Rocket for a few episodes.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
27th September 2012, 8:30 PM
This episode somewhat reminds me of MacGyver episodes where he loses his memory.

7threst
5th October 2012, 1:48 PM
I really liked this episode and Pikachu was amazing in this episode. This was like a better rendition of "Bound for Trouble" and I loved how Pikachu lost all its memories and believed temporarily what Meowth, Jessie and James said. A good filler episode in my opinion.

Cloud5001
18th October 2014, 4:41 PM
This was an awesome episode. Episodes focusing on Ash and Pikachu tend to be really awesome, any main character going through an emotional problem with their pokemon is going to be heartwarming and those episodes are usually pretty awesome as well. This episode really explains why I like Ash, no matter what happens when his pokemon are in danger he will do whatever he can to save them, heck when any pokemon in general is in danger he'll risk his life for them. Does he make mistakes that frustrate me, oh you bet but he's a pretty good trainer with a kind heart.