PDA

View Full Version : PokéBlock, Stock & Berry! (366)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:18 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/366.jpgPokéBlock, Stock & Berry!

Finally in Lilycove City, May meets up with one of the people who make Pokéblocks and decides to make some of her own to improve her Pokémon's contest stats. Meanwhile, Ash is trying to teach his Swellow Aerial Ace, the attack Winona used which never missed. Will he succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/366.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 12:18 AM
May's Pokémon didn't look too happy when she gave them some PokéBlocks, lol.
I'm glad that Ash's Swellow finally learned Aerial Ace, It's a great move!
I hope that May get's better at making PokéBlocks.

ŁańkaŃ
25th October 2004, 12:19 AM
YEA...the pokeblock...were like poison to them...Skitty's face was so cute...

i would have liked it if they had made Swellow's crash more cartoonish..i love those kind of scenes...

ChaosMage
12th March 2005, 10:59 PM
Well, to this day she still needs practise at them pokeblocks!

vulpix
2nd April 2005, 11:14 PM
i can tell that May isn't the best person on making pokeblock,her pokemon didn't like it very much..you can tell.

Sushi
13th May 2005, 9:51 PM
Very good introduction of Kanata, and her Grumpig was cute!
Many priceless expressions here, I think my favorite scene was when Brock screamed as he thought he was the one who got pulled by the ear although it was Max. That poor guy is getting mental problems from this whole dragging-away-thing I think..

I'm glad that May used Combusken in this Contest, it's one of the coolest Pokémon in the whole gang in my opinion. I liked it how it came out of its Pokéball^^
There was a nice cliffhanger at the end; I'm too stupid that I watched the actual Contest episode before this one >_<
Overall, a very good ep.

Infinite Master Sceptile
26th May 2005, 1:25 PM
Kanata is cute. Oh, and Grumpig too. They just go so well together. I hope this episode is dubbed well. From what I've seen of the Munchlax episode pictures, May apparently sucks at making Pokeblocks.

Blaziken master
14th August 2005, 8:13 PM
I just saw this episode.Its pretty good
Kelly's voice is pretty annoying,but grumpig's sounds a bit like camerupt at some points and numel in others.
The old man is called Flatmire the attacker{Well thats what he said he was called when he was younger}.
The trainer's choice was wrong again - which pokemon is best against spoink:swampert,makuhita or qwilfish.The answer..duh duh duh makuhita.Do they even know their games jeez
Funny quote
Jessie:Did you notice that grumpig pokemon James?
James:If you mean it looks like my ex fionce then yes
Yeah and the appeal at the end with May is so awesome when it spins into the air

Alfonso
14th August 2005, 8:18 PM
Funny quote
Jessie:Did you notice that grumpig pokemon James?
James:If you mean it looks like my ex fionce then yes
Yeah and the appeal at the end with May is so awesome when it spins into the air

Um.

UM.

W

T

F

!

OMFG. 4Kids actually remembers Jessibelle. Holy f*cking sh*t. o____o And if that ISN'T a 4Kids line, then it must be a scriptwriters line, which means they actually frikking REMEMBER stuff from Kanto.

Either bloody way, a Jessibelle reference is still pretty damn nifty. The Rumishippers must be crying out in pain though. XD

Geodude
16th August 2005, 1:47 AM
Jessie: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking about Grumpig?"
James: "If it's reminding you of my ex-fiancee, then yes."

That was the exact quote. I love how James said it with clenched teeth. :D

The old man is called Flatmire the attacker{Well thats what he said he was called when he was younger}.
Not Flatmire, Vladimir. It's Russian (and I think also Spanish, considering this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5737)).

So he used to be Vladimir the Attacker, but now he's just called Ralph? LOL

Kanadian Kyuubi
27th August 2005, 11:54 PM
Finally, we have reached Lillycove! The place for Pokemon Contests (literally in Emerald). A full blown Berry Market, a Pokeblock Shop, and a bad omelette resturant make this a prety great place.

New Pokemon: Grumpig

Okay, Grumpig should have had a voice kinda like Spoink's, but this is still fine!

Suprising Leave-ins:
Okay, I'm suprized 4Kids kept in the part where Kelly, May, and Grumpig "flirt" on the bench:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Mistylover17/AG90_068.jpg
And then...
http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/408.jpg
(ooops, can't find it! you know what it is)

Now, the ending brings one of the hugest clifhangers in Pokemon History, Combusken's Firespin is out of control! who knows what could happen!

16/20

Nice effort 4Kids, nice effort!

Pika Hikari KT
28th August 2005, 3:00 AM
OMG! They threw in a Jessebelle reference?! Gabbani didn't mention that!:p Oh, and Kanata's new name is Kelly. I for one hate it. It should've been April, dammit!>_<; Yep, you heard me: 4Kids just ruined a clever(at least with the Japanese version) pun.:(

Kanadian Kyuubi
28th August 2005, 2:11 PM
Things I forgot to mention:
If you mean it looks like my ex-Fiance yes

PlusleMinun
3rd September 2005, 4:08 PM
Well, I just saw this episode and it was okay. I didn't like the name Kelly though, I thought it would have been Katie or Katherine. Kelly's attitude was very odd and Ash and co. always find the weirdest friends. The only reason they put that ending in was to get you to watch the next episode. By looking at serebii's pics it looks like may doesn't burn and die but is saved by combusken. All in all it was an okay episode.

Geki
3rd September 2005, 4:11 PM
I liked the episode a lot. I think this episode is the best introduction to a contest that has happened so far in Hoenn!! I can't beleive Ash tried that berry, does he ever learn? It was also a bonus when Ash was teaching Swellow Aerial Ace.

5/5

CyberCubed
3rd September 2005, 4:18 PM
I liked the way this episode went right into the Contest at the end. Lots of the previous contest episodes waited for the second episode to start the actual contest, but this one started off right away.

- Nice introduction of Kelly. "I sure hope someone's looking where I'm walking because I'm not!" LOL

- The Pokeblock scenes were cute. I always like the fact that May is nervous in almost every contest she enters. One of the reasons why I think May is one of the best developed characters in the show, her interactions during the contests are really well done.

- Yay, Kelly snuggles with May on the bench. :: points to sig::

- Notice that Brock didn't flirt with Kelly? I guess the theory holds true, Brock doesn't flirt with girls younger than him who may also become Ash or May's potential love interests.

- May took out TR all by herself in this episode. Guess she's learned a thing or two from Ash.

- Ash actually training one of his Pokemon, a nice sub-plot to the episode.

- Jessie really scared the hell out of Chimecho, that poor cute thing. I also liked the continuity from the Poke-ringer episode.

- Brock really hung around Kelly and May a lot in this episode. He should have tried making his own Pokeblocks.

- Even though Ash left the Contest hall, I liked the fact that they still showed him watching May compete on the television screen.

- This episode should be proof that May will be staying around for a very long time. (As if we didn't all know that already). May stated that she still wants to travel and see the world, and doesn't want to get tied down yet.

Good episode, next week should be very good.

FlareonJupiter
3rd September 2005, 5:07 PM
Kelly's mom: she's a friendlier version of the Goldenrod Galeria employee from "A Goldenrod Opportunity" and the lady with the broom who wanted to hit the Smeargles from "The Art of Pokemon". Hmmm...

Medea
3rd September 2005, 5:13 PM
This was such a good episode and I cannot wait until next week to see the contest...I just thought it was funny how James compared Grumpig and Jessibell...*lmao*

...Now then...*clears throat*...*waves the WTF flag*...4Kids you've done it again! Wow, I did not know that Makuhita is the best choice to battle against Spoink! [/sarcasm]

Thriller
3rd September 2005, 5:44 PM
Jessie at Chimecho:Listen you floating piece of hand Towel!

I didn't want to lol at that but I did.

I forgot about Jesebelle and when James said something about his ex I thought "There 4kids goes again screwing up James' Past further."

Medea
3rd September 2005, 5:51 PM
OMG, I forgot!!!

...I feel sorry for poor Chimecho, having to deal with that wench Jessie. Yeah sorry, but that's Jessie for you.

S.Suikun
3rd September 2005, 6:12 PM
YAY! KANATA EPISODE! AT LAST! SQUEE!

Probably the best contest "set-up" episode so far, mainly because Ash/Swellow's sub-plot made things more interesting. I'm glad they left the Grumpig "rape" scene in. They also gave a nice nod to the Poke-Ringer episode.

Best quote:
Jessie: *to Chimecho* "Listen up, you floating hand towel!" XD

And Trainer's Choice failed. AGAIN.

Oh, and a photo of me whenever Kelly appeared on the screen:
http://mrbigjas.freeshell.org/pics/homer_drool.gif

Emma Iveli
3rd September 2005, 6:14 PM
4kids made yet another mistake. Note to self: Add new sections to the P.O.A. site. I also liked that they mwentioned Jessibelle.

Pika Hikari KT
3rd September 2005, 6:25 PM
-Yes, feel very sorry for the cute floating chime thingy.;_; James would kill her if he was as hot headed as his partner.;)

-*sweatdrops at the May rapage* And I thought Snitsky-kun was disturbing...

-Aw; Pidgeotto doesn't have its old voice anymore...:( Swellow was hilarious, though(the bowing down to Vladimir).:p

-"If it reminds you of my ex-fianceé, then yes.:@" SOLD~!

8.5/10...extra half point for the awesome cliffhanger.:D

Sweet May
3rd September 2005, 6:31 PM
the episode was kewl.................with Kelly........ and yes i feel bad for Chimecho....... and how May's Pokemon dislikeed the Pokeblocks... well except for Beautifly............ but the episode was kewl........... 7/10

TPMX
3rd September 2005, 7:10 PM
Great ep. I was suprised as well that they kept the flirt scene. I'm gonna find it on the internet with music, I bet, like I did with May.

Blenders working different suprised me though. Cliffhanger was pretty good.

Overall: 7.5/10

TV.com rating: Perfect. Seriously. The flirt scene REALLY helped.

CyberCubed
3rd September 2005, 7:16 PM
Great ep. I was suprised as well that they kept the flirt scene.

There's really nothing in that scene that would warrent it being cut. Teenage girls hug all the time in real life, it's the same in Pokemon. Kelly has her face near where May's breasts are, while her hands are underneath her shoulders. (You can see Kelly's right hand in the gif in my sig holding on to May's armpit as they're snuggling)

Although, we don't exactly know what the heck Grumpig was doing. Looks to me like Grumpig is trying to open her shirt. O_o

ArrEmmDee
3rd September 2005, 7:26 PM
Chimecho had better show the entire world who is boss in the Pokémon Contest next episode. And smash Jessie's skull for yelling at it like that. :(

TPMX
3rd September 2005, 7:29 PM
Although, we don't exactly know what the heck Grumpig was doing. Looks to me like Grumpig is trying to open her shirt. O_o

Okay. We've got a new shipping! Beastilityshipping XD.

And you're contradicting your sig.

Sindakwil
3rd September 2005, 7:30 PM
Oh wow. I guess you learn something everyday. I never knew Makuhita was an exception to the Psychic beats Fighting rule. [/sarcasm]

Eric Cartman
3rd September 2005, 7:35 PM
This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed seeing Pidgeotto again, but once again Ash NEVER mentions the fact he had one. The ex fiance quote James said was just perfect, and is it me, or has Kelly's mom been seen before?

TPMX
3rd September 2005, 7:37 PM
Oh wow. I guess you learn something everyday. I never knew Makuhita was an exception to the Psychic beats Fighting rule. [/sarcasm]

Yeah. NONE of them fit. Swampert kicks a** though.

Solar Crimson
3rd September 2005, 8:23 PM
But Swampert was the best choice, seeing how Spoink could beat both Makuhita and Qwilfish. IMO, this Trainer's Choice is almost on par with the Arbok>Seviper one.

Anyway, this was a good episode, one of the better ones in Hoenn. I was shocked that they made the reference to Jessibelle, and how Swellow crashed into the ground when it did Aerial Ace (the first time). May feeding the PokéBlocks to her Pokémon, and their reactions were hilarious (especially Combusken).

One of the few times I'm actually looking forward to the next episode (how is May gonna get out of this?).

Ryou_Bakura
3rd September 2005, 9:04 PM
I really liked this episode! the return of pidgeotto was great and i like the jessibell comment(i cant believe they had a kanto refrence! that might actually make this one of 4kids ONLY good dubbed episodes...) swellows training was nice and when james made the comment...he realized that jessibell looks just like jessie right?

Silver Ryu
3rd September 2005, 9:19 PM
Nice eppy. May phails at Pokeblocks. XD Kelly is OK. Jessie is so awful, treating poor Chimecho like that! ;_; LOL at Ash and the Nomel berries. Can't wait for the next one.

And the Trainer's Choice was just sad.

FlareonJupiter
4th September 2005, 12:08 AM
This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed seeing Pidgeotto again, but once again Ash NEVER mentions the fact he had one. The ex fiance quote James said was just perfect, and is it me, or has Kelly's mom been seen before?

I've mentioned it in this thread before, but yes, Kelly's mom (or possibly her look-alike relatives/sisters -- think Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny) has made two brief appearances in Johto League Champions...

"A Goldenrod Opportunity"

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3283/158397sz.jpg

"The Art of Pokemon"

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4036/197150gh.jpg

And here she is in this episode -- even when she smiles she STILL scares me... LOL

http://www.filb.de/extras/ag90/AG90_101.jpg

Kamex
4th September 2005, 12:17 AM
You guys are acting like that scene with May and Kelly was genuinely a "snuggling" scene. o_o

Nice episode. Jessibel reference, Pokeblock stuff, blah blah blah. You know, it was nice.

7/10.

Team Rocket Admin
4th September 2005, 12:19 AM
Seeing Pidgeotto again made me happy. He's one of my favorites, and James with the fiance bit was icing on the cake.

Alfonso
4th September 2005, 12:30 AM
Houen Characters in Johto is nothing new.

Tomono was in 'A Corsola Caper' too. ;D Well, someone that looked like him, at least. ._.

Heracross
4th September 2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, they've been borrowing minor characters for a while now. Like all the kids from "Hypno's Naptime". It's pretty cool when you recognize one of them.

MayAsh1987
4th September 2005, 4:32 AM
I liked this eppie, it was something refreshing from a long time. I didn't like the fact how they named the girl Kelly. For one thing, she doesn't act like a Kellly!!!!!

My favorite part in the episode was when Ash tried the Nomel berries and made a weird face. I started to laugh so hard.

The Nomel Berries remind me of those sourpatch candies like Warheads. Too bad we don't see those no more, I miss those candies.

And I'm truly proud of May how she handled Team Rocket. She was playin smart which I like.
And lets not forget the faces how May's POkemon reacted after eating the POkeblocks!!!!!

I give this episode 8.7 out 10.

Toyota Cressida
4th September 2005, 4:35 AM
Did anyone else like the fact Pidgeotto was in it? Anyway it was a good episode.

Eric Cartman
4th September 2005, 4:42 AM
I've mentioned it in this thread before, but yes, Kelly's mom (or possibly her look-alike relatives/sisters -- think Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny) has made two brief appearances in Johto League Champions...

"A Goldenrod Opportunity"

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3283/158397sz.jpg

"The Art of Pokemon"

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4036/197150gh.jpg

And here she is in this episode -- even when she smiles she STILL scares me... LOL

http://www.filb.de/extras/ag90/AG90_101.jpg
Thank You. The animators are getting cheap lol.

Faerie
4th September 2005, 5:04 AM
Um.

UM.

W

T

F

!

OMFG. 4Kids actually remembers Jessibelle. Holy f*cking sh*t. o____o And if that ISN'T a 4Kids line, then it must be a scriptwriters line, which means they actually frikking REMEMBER stuff from Kanto.

Either bloody way, a Jessibelle reference is still pretty damn nifty.Oy, I can't agree with you more! The second I heard the word 'ex-fiance', I practically fell off the couch laughing. I loved the Jessibelle episode, and now that you mention it, I am surprised that they remembered her. A good episode all in all, but wasn't Kelly a little...Um...Odd toward May? >__< I'm not saying that to be weird, it's just...Gah. *runs around in circles*

CyberCubed
4th September 2005, 5:15 AM
I knew Kelly's mom looked familiar. Hell, maybe in those Johto episodes that IS Kelly's mom. It's not like she was ever given a name or anything, and as far as I can tell, 4kids gave her the same voice in all 3 eps. XD

S.Suikun
4th September 2005, 5:20 AM
I thought I'd seen her before! It amazes me how such a fugly fatass could give birth to such a sexy daughter.

Porygandrew
4th September 2005, 5:34 AM
Not even with their moveset can I see how makuhita is greater than swampert.

Faerie
4th September 2005, 5:39 AM
Not even with their moveset can I see how makuhita is greater than swampert.O________O;; ...Where in the world did that come from? Please, don't spam.

FlareonJupiter
4th September 2005, 12:13 PM
O________O;; ...Where in the world did that come from? Please, don't spam.

Actually, the Trainer's Choice asked who was the best Pokemon to use against Spoink. The answer... Makuhita?!!

Um... okay... 4Kids goofed again! Next thing you know, they're gonna say something stupid like "Roselia is the best choice to battle Flareon" or "Volbeat evolves into Illumise".

The worst was the Arbok/Seviper thing...

Toyota Cressida
4th September 2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah that mom is a real ugly fat lady.

wobbanut
7th September 2005, 7:54 PM
This episode was pretty interesting, though I'm looking more forward to part two (I've been dying to see Chimecho's contest episode this whole year!). I liked the part when May fed her pokeblock to her pokemon. Combusken heaving (or whatever she was doing) into her bowl was LOL hilarious. :D I also enjoyed James's comment about Jessiebelle, and Jessie calling Chimecho a floating hand towel. LOL I wish Drew had been in the episode, though, I really missed him. :(

It should be interesting to see how part two goes with the contest, even though I know how May did. I can't wait for Jessie's part in the contest, either, ESPECIALLY when I know how she did. :D :D :D

Oh yes, and I LOVED the bit with May pulling Max's ear and Brock still reacting. ROFLOL :D Now THAT was a long-overdue moment.

Kris Bambii
9th September 2005, 1:40 AM
This was my favorite Hoenn episode! Mainly because Kelly acted almost EXACTLY like my friend Emily. I think she even glomped someone like Kelly did May once.

That pose when Ash ate the nomel(sp?) berry was hilarious. He looked like he had to go to the bathroom. lol. I couldn't help but remember the good ol' days of Warheads candy. lol

Kelly's mom appeared in the episode when they arrived in North Petalburg also. She was the one who told the town May and Max were back.

I loved the whole Jessebelle thing. I guess he forgot that she looked just like Jessie. I would want to forget such a violent person as well... It accually took me a minute to remember her, and once I did I almost fell out of my chair. lol

I wish the berry blender was a game type thing like on the games. It would be funny if they were all playing and May would get fed up with how fast it was going and would try to break it. We all know Ash would. lol

When May pulled Max's ear and Brock reacted instead was hilarious. "I guess I was feeling his pain..."

Okay, now for Kelly. She wasn't afraid of telling that salesman off and then yelling to everyone in the market not to buy anything from him. Imagine the Magikarp salesman trying to sell her something. lol. Then the line that reminded me of Emily: "You better watch where I'm going, 'cause I'm sure not!" XD And then she tripped anyway. lol. And the song she sung while she was making pokeblocks was funny and sorta cute. lol.

You guys took that glomping thing way out of porportion. Some girls their age (they're only about 10-11) do that to get information out of friends, like she was doing. And like someone else said, teenage girls always hug, like, if something good or bad happens. I try to avoid people doing that to me, though. lol. It freaks me out...

Oh, I also liked Kelly 'cause she had purple hair AND purple converse! XD Me loves converse! lol. No, I'm not some psycho poser punk! ...Anymore! lol *is hyper*

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 4:24 AM
Well this was a good episode. Well May's Pokemon seem to hate Light Blue Pokeblocks. Her Beautifly seemed to like it. Overall, a good episode.

WaterDragon trainer
11th September 2005, 10:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the scene where Kelly was talking to May about ribbons in the park, were Kelly and Grumpig tickling May on the park bench? Not really sure, but that is what it looked like to me.

Ookami-sama
11th September 2005, 10:58 PM
I thought I'd seen her before! It amazes me how such a fugly fatass could give birth to such a sexy daughter.

Huh... Must get her looks from her father...

...And a local NPC...

TPMX
11th September 2005, 10:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the scene where Kelly was talking to May about ribbons in the park, were Kelly and Grumpig tickling May on the park bench? Not really sure, but that is what it looked like to me.

No. They were trying to fish out May's ribbons. Some people think otherwise....

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
12th September 2005, 12:26 PM
it was an OK ep

Pidgeotto had a different voice and was HUGE

Kelly is HAWT!!!!

I dont think May's pokeblocks are tasty.....

poke_girl
14th May 2006, 8:46 AM
I saw this today, and learned I was totaly wrong about what to use agenst a spoink, thanks 4kids :) *Not serious..*

HoennMaster
15th May 2006, 4:48 AM
Spoink wasn't even in this episode

Ashy Boy
7th September 2006, 3:32 PM
Spoink wasn't even in this episode

True, but it was mentioned in the Pokedex.

BTW, does anyone notice that Kelly's mother looks quite similar to the shoplady in the Johto ep A Goldenrod Opportunity? I think I do

Igottapoo
12th January 2009, 3:04 AM
This was pretty good. I'm glad Swellow finally learned Aerial Ace.
And I like how her Pokemon looked when she fed them the Pokeblock :P

(s.i.e)
27th January 2009, 2:10 PM
oh those pokeblocks must have been awful:P it was a good episode i liked it.

Littlemyuu
11th March 2009, 4:42 PM
I love it XD but i always wonder how a Pokeblock taste

danparker
7th August 2009, 4:58 PM
I watched this episode almost 4 years ago. It was an interesting episode. And I got into liking Kelly in this episode and the next one. Poor James and Chimecho, though. Jessie sure gets hot headed alot.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 12:11 PM
May wasn't able to cook, although she is a female....

And i loved to see Ash training with Swellow.

5/10

Lorde
2nd March 2010, 11:51 PM
I can't tell you how long I had waited to see Lilycove City in the anime! It's really beautiful I'm just disappointed that we didn't get to stay longer. Right when Ash and Co. arrive, May notices a sign for the next Pokemon Contest despite everyone being tired. I did appreciate the lovely Lilycove Market though and all it's berries for sale. We met Kelly there in the market and her Grumpig that was slightly like her. Ash's reaction to tasting some of the berries was odd, you'd think he'd never tasted one before :/

Interesting to see Grumpig's Psychic able to stop the berries in Kelly's bag from falling on the ground, it was almost like a Contest appeal move. After some introductions and a little bragging courtasy of May, we got to go to the Berry House which looked a lot like a candy store with all the PokeBlock arranged in neat little glass containers. After a little meal, May and the others learned a little thing about Berry Blending which looked a lot like the game version with the blender spinning and whatnot.

Afterwards, seeing Ash and Swellow practice got me all excited since Swellow hadn't gotten much training after it evolved in tha PokeRinger contest. An old man approaches then and tries to teach Ash about Aerial Ace via example. That made an interesting situation as Ash usually doesn't train in May-based episodes. Seeing the Pokemon taste May's PokeBlock was sad since they didn't seem to like it much, at least not Skitty. Team Rocket tries to steal Grumpig this time but they're stopped by May and Co. The Contest began too late and it was exciting since Combusken appeared to be losing control of it's Fire Spin! 6/10

NES
3rd March 2010, 9:25 AM
^I agree, Lilycove was pretty, just like a city next to the sea, it was one of my favorite in the game after all. It was well done in the anime.

May meet Kelly, she is sort of fun.Grumpig seems so serious and helps her when she gets in trouble for being clumsy.

Oh now i remember that machine that was used for pokeblocks in advance lol, its nice to remember what was new back then :p because honestly i forgot about it.

LoL at Swellow's face. Oh glad the master of aerial ace came out of nowhere, yeah...

Haha Makuhita vs Spoink is the best choice ever!

Wow May's first pokeblocks were terrible, you can tell with just looking at her pokemon face. Oh no! her Combusken went crazy! dundundun...

saar
6th July 2010, 12:41 PM
I loved Grumpig, its moves and personality were amazing to watch.
The Pokablocks are probably very tasty....

KGB13
9th August 2010, 6:42 AM
I liked Grumpig and Kelly and how Ash was teaching Swellow Aerial Ace and it eventually learned it.

OK episode.

G50
5th March 2011, 7:10 AM
This episode was ok... It was funny when none of May's Pokemon liked the Pokeblock she made. It was great to see Swellow practicing and finally learning Aerial Ace. It was great to see Grumpig for the 1st time. Grumpig is so cool! It was odd seeing Kelly and snuggling with May on the bench. It was odd to see Combusken's Fire Spin is out of control, that's not good.

29/100

UnbelievableUrsula
6th March 2012, 6:56 PM
In the game, making Pokeblocks were just as hard. It's good to see May getting better at it. However, those Poffin things are much worse. Dawn makes it seem so simple.

Anywho, it was interesting seeing Kelly bond with May. There is no girls in the group so it was nice to see her catching up with her social life.

Bulba the Great!
22nd April 2012, 6:13 AM
I must say, I heartily enjoyed the TR motto, James' bit about bringing home the bacon. Those guys are the masters of puns.

Vladimir the Attacker/ Ralph = Best cameo character ever.

Combusken's reaction to the PokeBlock was hysterical. He's not shy of disliking something, obviously.

Vernikova
24th July 2012, 8:26 PM
Kelly was a pretty nice character for the most part. Grunpig is certainly a hideous Pokemon compared to the loveliness that is Spoink.

7threst
5th October 2012, 2:41 PM
Wow, that was such a nice cliffhanger ending for the next episode. This episode had two plots paralleled to each other - May, Kelly and the Pokéblock stuff, and Ash teaching his Swellow Aerial Ace (Which I thought was hilarious how they all reacted to when Ralph came) Its nice to see that even so late in the Advanced Series, new stuff gets introduced that later on gets much more importance (Pokéblock for example) Great episode and definitely a strong, solid ending for the next episode.