PDA

View Full Version : Cerulean Blue! (006)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:39 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S5.jpgCerulean Blue!

Returning Home after her Journey through Johto, Misty arrives at the gym to find it under attack from the Fighting brothers aswell as a Gyarados that her sisters left behind. And to make things worse, its time for the annual gym inspection. Can Misty sort things out in time?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/005.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 2:11 AM
I think this episode is awesome! When The Invincible Pokemon Brothers show up with their Tentacruel they are nasty to Misty and hurt her with their Poison Sting (lemme at 'em!) and then Gyarados saves her and Hydro Pump's those losers out of the Gym via the roof!

Shiny May
25th October 2004, 8:58 PM
yeah a good special. I like how she got Gyarados on her side and how she risked her own life to save the game. The match with those brothers wasn't fair and I'm sure Misty wished she didn't put Gyarados in a cage at that moment when she was in trouble.

I thought it was a good special. It was a nice way for Misty to prove herself good enough to lead the gym. It's not like she got it and now she's the gymleader. She's proven herself.

Good one !! 8/10

Heracross
13th November 2004, 4:25 PM
This was a very good special. We get to see how Misty got her Gyarados and how she bacame the gym leader. The three brothers were even nastier in this one than they were in GCYL, but it was awesome how Gyarados pulled through and tought them a lesson in fair play. Overall a very good episode, I'm very glad to have seen it.

Chris
16th November 2004, 7:24 PM
I really liked how Hitmonchan played dead and then caught Staryu off guard. This was a good Gym match that didn't involve Satoshi.

staticbear
10th December 2004, 10:33 AM
i want to see this episode and i know misty will crush them and ahve them cowering at her feet.

Chris
10th December 2004, 6:28 PM
She did. They sent out three Tentacruel at the same time and beat her Corsola and then started attack Gyarados. She dives underwater to stop the Tentacruel but they focus their Poison Stings on her. Gyarados goes nuts and breaks free of the cage it was in and pulls her out to safety. Then beats them with Hydro Pump by shooting them and their trainers out of the Gym ala Rocket Gang style.

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 2:33 PM
It's the best ep. of special. Joy in new wear looks grate and Kasumi in the end in green bathing costume looks wanderfull! :) It's grate that she was on top of Gayardos :)

Jesse GS the II
24th February 2005, 12:46 AM
Just saw this one (it's the first HoSo I've seen). If this is part of "Chronicles", it'll be interesting to see what happens after it airs - there's a lot of near drowning in it (Misty twice, plus the Hitmonchan that fakes out Staryu in the battle).

Chris
24th February 2005, 1:10 AM
We've seen characters nearly drown before. They're not going to change it. >_>

Jesse GS the II
24th February 2005, 1:41 AM
Yeah, good point...

Either way, it's a good special. It's nice to see Misty again, and I hope I can track down her other HoSos too.

CyberCubed
9th June 2005, 1:20 PM
We've seen characters nearly drown before. They're not going to change it. >_>

This is 4kids, logic goes completely out the window when it comes to them.

poke_girl
9th June 2005, 1:43 PM
I bet one thing... you say those brothers where in GCYL? Well.. I wonder if there names have changed :D

High Commander Solomon
11th June 2005, 5:45 AM
Should be amusing to see if it's even possible to botch this one. Aside from the names of the morons with the Hitmons - who should get all the credit for getting Gyarados under control through the power of idiocy, especially given all the witnesses who saw them be idiots - there doesn't seem to be anything of real importance here to foul up. What scene is anyone going to really miss here, anyway?

Sharpshooter
11th June 2005, 10:44 AM
Oh I'm looking foward to this one, I love the poaching brothers. But I don't want to get my hopes up too high, could be a scam (you know how it is) since I really liked the leader's voice and their stupidity as a whole. Please don't ruin it.

Chris
12th June 2005, 6:19 PM
$5 says they bungle up Hitmonchan's voice and give him Hitmontop's! >_>; Or maybe possibly call the Tentacruel by the name Tentacool. Or they could just forget the name they gave the Pokémon Strongest Brothers in the dub, or their individual names and give them entirely different voices.

Hell, watch them cut out Gyarados allowing itself to get captured by Kasumi. XD They already cut out important, character developing parts such as Kenta, Marina and Jun'ichi splitting up in Legend of Thunder and Takeshi giving his Pokémon to Jiroo.

CyberCubed
12th June 2005, 8:02 PM
I really hope they don't cut the scene where Misty strips into her green swimsuit at the very end of the episode, but they may do that for time, as it's really not an important scene (besides for those who want to see Misty scantily clad that is)

High Commander Solomon
13th June 2005, 4:17 AM
And they won't get enough from the whole mermaid sequence?

Now THAT would be a stroke of brilliance. They take that out and we have riots. RIOTS!

CyberCubed
13th June 2005, 4:36 AM
Indeed. The writers knew they couldn't make a Misty Hoso without putting her back in her scantily clad Mermaid outfit.

The outfit is so popular for a reason, obviously because it shows off a lot of skin. Too bad Misty's chest is so small though, otherwise we'd get lots of cleavage if she was more endowed.

High Commander Solomon
13th June 2005, 4:51 AM
I want riots. To hell with skin for now, riots are more fun!

poke_girl
15th June 2005, 4:56 PM
um, where those guys ever working for team rocket?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
15th June 2005, 4:58 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS A PUNCHING TYPE?

I know what fighting type but a punching type?

another 4kids screw up.........

This ep was not so good
having nurse joy as the agent sucked

Sasuke.
15th June 2005, 5:00 PM
I really hope they don't cut the scene where Misty strips into her green swimsuit at the very end of the episode, but they may do that for time, as it's really not an important scene (besides for those who want to see Misty scantily clad that is)
They didn't cut it, but it wasn't very revealing ..

Anyway, question: At one point Misty told us that as a baby she crawled into the mouth of Gyarados which was the reason she was still afraid of it, but then later on said she had once performed an underwater ballet with it as a Magikarp before it had evolved - bad dubbing or just idiocy?

I thought an episode entirely based on Misty would suck, turns out it wasn't bad

Team Tentacruel's blasting off agaiiiiiiiiin .... ;073; ;073; ;073;

15th June 2005, 5:03 PM
it meant she done the ballet with the magikarp, she wasnt scared of magikarp only gyrados

but Misty getting hit with poisen sting was cool, cept she looked dead!

High Commander Solomon
15th June 2005, 5:03 PM
What was cut out, more to the point?

poke_girl
15th June 2005, 5:05 PM
They didn't cut it, but it wasn't very revealing ..

Anyway, question: At one point Misty told us that as a baby she crawled into the mouth of Gyarados which was the reason she was still afraid of it, but then later on said she had once performed an underwater ballet with it as a Magikarp before it had evolved - bad dubbing or just idiocy?

I thought an episode entirely based on Misty would suck, turns out it wasn't bad

Team Tentacruel's blasting off agaiiiiiiiiin .... ;073; ;073; ;073;
... it was a differnt Gyarados -_-

Batdude
15th June 2005, 5:09 PM
Oh my... How totally ignorant were those 'invincible' brothers? What were they called... Something like Kim, Kay and Kai? Oh dear...

Staryu went down like a sack of sand after one punch from 'chan, the fabulous 'punching type'.

The most entertaining part for me was watching Misty getting hammered by the three Tentacruel attacks. Should those three idiots not get like arrested for that?

Better than I thought. Hydro Pump was cool.

One thing bothered me...Did the bozo brothers work for Team Rocket? And another thing... Were Misty's sisters 'travelling' in the Japanese version too?

CyberCubed
15th June 2005, 5:11 PM
What was cut out, more to the point?

Indeed, Chaos the -...erm High Comander Solomon stated all we need to know.

15th June 2005, 5:12 PM
... it was a differnt Gyarados -_-
nah according to the dub it was the same

she said she done a water ballet with it when it was still a magikarp and that if she performed the dance infront of it, it may calm gyrados down

but it didnt!

High Commander Solomon
15th June 2005, 5:13 PM
*prays for so stupid an edit that 4Kids HQ must be burned*

CyberCubed
15th June 2005, 5:16 PM
Did Hitmonchan, Gyarados and the other pokemon still have the same dub voices?

Alfonso
15th June 2005, 5:16 PM
...Why does everyone think that the three brothers were part of Team Rocket? Bad =/= TR. >_>

The only connection they've had was when Jessie, James and Meowth paid them to go fight Misty/The Twerps in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. -_-

...'According to the dub' is a line that should never be spoken, ever. What the dub says is irellevant. Japanese Version = True. If the Original says it was a different Gyarados, then it's different.

Edit: ...Cybercubed? Dude? Gyarados doesn't *have* a Dub Voice, if I recall. ^^o

15th June 2005, 5:18 PM
well I dont have access to the origonal..............

If it was a different magikarp then why did Misty do the ballet thing? seems weird to me.........

CyberCubed
15th June 2005, 5:20 PM

Edit: ...Cybercubed? Dude? Gyarados doesn't *have* a Dub Voice, if I recall. ^^o

Seeing as how the persone editing this series has no idea what they're doing, I was afraid they'd actually made a dub voice for Gyrados and have it say "GY-ra-DOS!" instead of roaring.

Anyone know if any scenes were cut out like in the Brock special?

High Commander Solomon
15th June 2005, 5:22 PM
But really, this episode was some funny and bizarre stuff. Let's see...big mean Pokemon pummels everything. Too strong to put in the Poke ball, and it's planning to beat the crap out of everyone. So, forget pounding it, let's take off our shirts to calm it down!

Nope, not gonna work, in fact it's a lot like a near-death experience. So. drop the cage from overhead, the fact that that friggin thing can bust out of it in one shot nonwithstanding.

So then comes the random battle with Doofus Squad. Sure, they could recall their own Pokemon with that laser beam, but nope, Staryu can be suckered into an easy trap. Somehow outsmarting someone is a penalty. I didn't know.

Then the jerks cheat in front of hundreds of witnesses. Nobody would EVER declare them the victor, but why recall Corsola when you can go and almost die! Again! Heck, Gyarados getting hurt wouldn't be a bad thing - he nearly killed someone today.

Somehow, all of this qualifies Misty to be the gym leader. There are two explanations.

1) Nurse Joy has a mermaid fetish.
2) One must be stupid to be a gym leader.

A true victory for the little guy everywhere. Somehow I feel inspired.

poke_girl
15th June 2005, 5:40 PM
...Why does everyone think that the three brothers were part of Team Rocket? Bad =/= TR. >_>

The only connection they've had was when Jessie, James and Meowth paid them to go fight Misty/The Twerps in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. -_-
So they where Working for Jessie, James and Meowth.. who are team rocket?
I don't think they where wrong there or anything.

Alfonso
15th June 2005, 5:45 PM
So they where Working for Jessie, James and Meowth.. who are team rocket?
I don't think they where wrong there or anything.

...They were 'working' for Team Rocket/Jessie, James and Meowth for ONE EPISODE, and for a Minor Job. And that episode was 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. And this isn't GCYL, is it?

No, it isn't. So yes, they were wrong.

poke_girl
15th June 2005, 5:46 PM
...They were 'working' for Team Rocket/Jessie, James and Meowth for ONE EPISODE, and for a Minor Job. And that episode was 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. And this isn't GCYL, is it?

No, it isn't. So yes, they were wrong.
I still think that's working for them.. they where doing a job for them
edit: they said they used to work for them.. never said they still where >_>; so.. does it matter it's not GCYL (I'm confusing my self)

well I dont have access to the origonal..............

If it was a different magikarp then why did Misty do the ballet thing? seems weird to me.........
She is basicly scared of all Garyados, thats what I got from it, she also did that ballet thing in one of the eps, I don't remember what one.. I remember her going back there and she did some ballet

Alfonso
15th June 2005, 5:49 PM
I still think that's working for them.. they where doing a job for them

In a different f*cking episode. People were asking if the Brothers were working for Team Rocket in THIS episode. THIS episode is not 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'.

Batdude
15th June 2005, 5:52 PM
...'According to the dub' is a line that should never be spoken, ever. What the dub says is irellevant. Japanese Version = True. If the Original says it was a different Gyarados, then it's different.Unfortunately not everyone has access to the originals, nor would they have the lingual skills to understand what's happening. As much as people may not like it and moan about how the dub changes some things, the dub is the only thing a lot of us have to go on. And while it may not have all the same things as the Japanese version (like changing an obviously female looking male into a female) it is still, whether you like it or not, all we have to go on.

And for the record, it never said in the dub it was the same Gyarados. Misty was talking about how she was afraid of Gyarados. Not necessarily that Gyarados. She never once said that it was specifically that Gyarados. She said 'I've been afraid of it ever since', but unless she gave it a specific name I fail to see how it implied that it was the same Gyarados.

poke_girl
15th June 2005, 5:52 PM
In a different f*cking episode. People were asking if the Brothers were working for Team Rocket in THIS episode. THIS episode is not 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'.
gah, don't get moody, I made an edit.. they said WHEN they where... they didn't say they still where...

edit: right.. I might of missed people asking.. (was it me asking??? wow that is poor memory.. I just forgot what they did last time..)
miss understood what you was saying I think, I think.. (a couple of re-reads help)

Alfonso
15th June 2005, 5:57 PM
Unfortunately not everyone has access to the originals, nor would they have the lingual skills to understand what's happening. As much as people may not like it and moan about how the dub changes some things, the dub is the only thing a lot of us have to go on. And while it may not have all the same things as the Japanese version (like changing an obviously female looking male into a female) it is still, whether you like it or not, all we have to go on.

And for the record, it never said in the dub it was the same Gyarados. Misty was talking about how she was afraid of Gyarados. Not necessarily that Gyarados. She never once said that it was specifically that Gyarados. She said 'I've been afraid of it ever since', but unless she gave it a specific name I fail to see how it implied that it was the same Gyarados.

Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3

Batdude
15th June 2005, 6:03 PM
Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3And my point about Gyarados wasn't directed solely at you. But don't worry about it! *pats on head*

Since it's continuously being talked about the mistakes in the dub version, what exactly did the japanese version say when the three bozos showed up? Did it mention their affiliation with Team Rocket in the past? (this is actually a genuine question)

ChaosMage
15th June 2005, 8:33 PM
Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!

Alfonso
15th June 2005, 10:20 PM
Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!

I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.

Seriously, Misty didn't know who they were? o___o; Was this present in the Japanese version, I wonder.

CyberCubed
15th June 2005, 10:27 PM
Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.

Heracross
15th June 2005, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure she did recognise them in the original, she was just surprised to see them in the gym.

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th June 2005, 1:56 AM
I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.

Maybe it meant a lot to them. They *are* wannabe thugs, after all. And you remember the popularity of wannabe agents according to the woman with the Delibird.

poke_girl
16th June 2005, 2:07 AM
Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.
they only say they used to... and they sorta did.. not for long but... hey at least the continutiveity is there O_o;

Torkoal Stu
16th June 2005, 6:42 AM
No problems with this ep except

*Punching Type
*Those Brothers called Misty Ponytail
*Misty didn't remember who the brothers are
*The lamest line ever "We're not Team Rocket but we're blasting off!" *shudders*

Most other stuff was good.

Factory Head Noland
16th June 2005, 8:08 PM
Btw it's called "Cerulean Blues!"

An excellent episode, one of the best Chronicles episodes so far. It was great to see how Misty runs the Cerulean Gym.
I liked how they kept the title screen from Master Quest, my favourite title screen ^_^ but the globe in the background wasn't spinning...nice font also.
At least there weren't that many mistakes, the Brothers kept their names and all, the announcer did call Hitmonchan a "Punching" type though...

Overall 9.3/10
Excellent episode, music was changed at the end which sux0rz!

Waterlight
16th June 2005, 8:15 PM
When does Cerulean Blue repeat on Toonami? I missed it yesterday. >_>

From the comments I've read, it's better than most of the Chronicles so far...

Factory Head Noland
16th June 2005, 8:22 PM
I'm positive it repeats tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.

It is such a great episode, the best Chronicles so far. I'm definatly buying DVD 2.

Chris
16th June 2005, 9:18 PM
Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?

Alfonso
16th June 2005, 9:24 PM
Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?

And yet Ash, Misty and Brock have al been able to remember people they met ages ago, AND their names? Yet Misty can't remember three people she battled only a few days ago. Kinda dumb, if you ask me. :P

Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'. :D

Factory Head Noland
16th June 2005, 9:24 PM
Hitmonchan was referred to as a Punching type not the Punching Pokemon twice during the episode.

I think everyone knows about Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop...

poke_girl
17th June 2005, 4:29 PM
Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'. :D
when on earth was that?!

Also I noticed a few seconds from the end when she dives in are missing O_O

Sharpshooter
17th June 2005, 6:47 PM
This was a really good episode, I sooooo love the Pokémon brothers! Damn I wish they'd won.

The match itself was quite entertaining, Hitmonchan's faking of an illness should have been made legal, they screwed the pokémon brothers out of that one. *******s.

Nice touch towards the end as well with Misty getting up close and personal with the Gyarados, and hey I thought she said she already was a gym leader (ish) back in the "Water Flowers Of Cerulean City!", but being able to control a Gyarados I guess makes her now officially one.

All voices were well dubbed, apart from Politoed's which to be fair did sound a little messed up.

This episode probably beats Brock's one, for the fact that the Pokémon brothers were in it. :shifty:

17th June 2005, 7:52 PM
wouldnt hitmonchan's illegal move be called faint attack?

cant wait for were no angels

High Commander Solomon
15th August 2005, 1:05 AM
Upon watching this episode again I have produced a running commentary. Here goes:

- Gyarados needs some character development. In this episode, he pretty much does what I would have done in his position up until the very end. Actually, maybe even then, because if I could blow stuff up at will I think I'd do a lot of that.
- Here are the Blues Brothers ripoffs. *kicks the animators* DO NOT RIP OFF THE BLUES BROTHERS!
- Who are the guys in the white t-shirts, what are they doing there, and how do they magically teleport out of the water?
- Psyduck can jump like Super Mario. I must remember this if I write a fanfic.
- Karate Blues Brothers. This episode angers me.
- Lily’s socks-and-slip-ons look is bad. I think that’s Lily. Could be wrong. Doubt it.
- And NOW begins the drug-induced lunacy. Come forth mermaid costume, and let the sixties spirit take hold!
- How is she talking underwater?
- Underwater over a minute, mouth constantly open. No sign of drowning until halfway through getting beaten up? I suspect Misty has super powers.
- And there's Horsea, infamously groping her…and she’s watching it! This is beautiful! Oh, Pokemopolis is going to have a field day, man oh man.
- Colored haze. If that doesn't convey the inspiration for this, what does?
- How can these people rig up a pulley so fast? Or maybe Gyarados is stupid.
- His microphone is connected to what? And all those people showed up in seconds. They need lives. Badly.
- I hate those brothers. They annoy me. And why are they on the high-dive like that?
- Weird guys again. Why are they there?
- Staryu should never have won this. How is that cheating? But it does make a cool-*** nightlight.
- Togepi. I loathe thee.
- Once again Misty shows that she is stupid. No, fool, you WANT Gyarados to get hurt so that it can be captured. Alternately you should just use that little tractor beam to recall Corsola.
- So instead of being told to stay away from sharp objects, Misty is declared a gym leader for nearly dying twice. I think this proves that her sisters are not as stupid as some have presumed – would you want a job where THIS is expected of you?
- That’s Charizard in the closing! We love Charizard! Everyone loves Charizard! Except the writers, but screw them, we love Charizard!

The moral: Do not screw with Charizard.

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 4:44 AM
This episode was awesome and the invicible brothers routine seemed kind of stupid.

1) They lost to Ash, Misty and Brock in Viridian
2) They lose to Misty again.

Well taht was all but overall, quite an ok episode.

Kanadian Kyuubi
7th October 2005, 9:28 PM
I was only able to see the last half with the battle, but it was still good! The Invincible Brothers from "Gotta Catch ya' Later" are back, and they cheated in a battle?! Their whole reaction to being DQ'd was funny, but the Tentacruel got blasted off like TR was even funnier!

We're not Team Rocket, but we're blasting off!

7/10

grovile
9th November 2005, 7:39 PM
I love this mission Gyarados save Misty great music.

Magus
23rd December 2005, 4:55 PM
It's funny, but I don't remember there being a Magikarp in the mermaid play. Oh well, I'll accept a cheap excuse for Misty to wear the costume. :D

Medea
25th March 2006, 11:54 PM
Now that I saw all of the Tracey episodes, I can look at the others...

Now then, Cerulean Blues was an okay episode. I can rant and rave for hours about Misty's hair when it is down and so I'll save my rant for another day. Those three idiots (don't remember the names so they remain to be called the three idiots) from the GCYL episode still get on my nerves. And of course, Misty is one of my favorite characters and I just thought she looked so cute as a baby.

For the most part a good episode.

Captain Bones
21st April 2006, 10:44 PM
Arrrrrrrgh! I haven't seen the episode. Because it haven't aired in my home country the United States of America yet. By the way the names of the pokemon brothers were Chin, Rin ans San. I think in the episode GOTTA CATCH YA LATER Team Rocket was just using them to steal Ash's Pikachu mateys.

Dogasu
20th May 2006, 1:47 PM
I'm trying to upload the comparison for this episode, but the program I use to upload my website is acting up on me.

EDIT: I got it up now. And people say "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" had a bad dub...

It's funny, but I don't remember there being a Magikarp in the mermaid play. Oh well, I'll accept a cheap excuse for Misty to wear the costume. :D

The ballet we saw on-screen probably wasn't the first one she's done. It's possible that she danced with Magikarp off-screen, possibly before the series even started.

Jesse GS the II
24th May 2006, 6:27 PM
I'm trying to upload the comparison for this episode, but the program I use to upload my website is acting up on me.

EDIT: I got it up now. And people say "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" had a bad dub...

Odd, it seems to be gone again...

Dogasu
26th May 2006, 11:01 PM
Fixed it. It should be there by now.

And to keep this post from being so advertise-y...does anyone have the Master Quest DVD and is able to confirm the spelling of the three brothers' English names? The best I've seen online have been merely estimates.

Judai Yuki
25th June 2006, 12:40 AM
The big one of the Fighting Brothers sounds like Morrison.
*The small one*

Kabuto
25th June 2006, 12:54 AM
Chronicles episodes that are actually good this time. Despite many dubbing errors, the plot is interesting in both this and the Brock family episode. 5/5, stellar for pokemon episodes.

Staryu
25th June 2006, 12:58 AM
Not bad. Better than last week, those were awful.

What a surprise, Nurse Joy is everything! xD..she always shows up to save the day.

The Great Butler
25th June 2006, 1:04 AM
Great episode, nice to see Misty get a spotlight on her own. One would think after nearly drowning twice and being hit by about 100 Poison Sting attacks she'd have to be hospitalized......

"We're not Team Rocket, but we're BLASTING OOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!"

halloweenghost
25th June 2006, 1:07 AM
was a great episode indeed.. I don't know about you guys but I'm glad to finally see these after so long.

johnnyd2
25th June 2006, 1:09 AM
something i noticed that castlevania fans will get a kick out of, one of gyarados roars sounded EXACTLY like the death cry of the draghinazzo/malacoda/barbaricca enemies from castlevania dawn of sorrow, play it your self, kill one of those three enemies (Barbaricca is likely to be the first one of them you encounter), and wallah! its about the closest ill ever get to seeing my castlevania/pokemon/kingdom hearts/crossover become a reality (alucard/misty!! *gets shot*). Anyways just nitpicking ^_^.

asia_catdog_blue
25th June 2006, 1:35 AM
something i noticed that castlevania fans will get a kick out of, one of gyarados roars sounded EXACTLY like the death cry of the draghinazzo/malacoda/barbaricca enemies from castlevania dawn of sorrow, play it your self, kill one of those three enemies (Barbaricca is likely to be the first one of them you encounter), and wallah! its about the closest ill ever get to seeing my castlevania/pokemon/kingdom hearts/crossover become a reality (alucard/misty!! *gets shot*). Anyways just nitpicking ^_^.
In earlier pokemon episodes, Gyarados sounded like Bowser from SSBM.

CyberCubed
25th June 2006, 1:37 AM
The losers cut out some scenes of Mermaid Misty. Damn, the one time we get Misty fanservice and a lot of it was choped off. WTF.

Neko Godot
25th June 2006, 1:37 AM
Where were the bros from originally? I can't remember their episode. Oh well. And Misty in her mermaid suit is always googd!

The Great Butler
25th June 2006, 1:38 AM
Where were the bros from originally? I can't remember their episode. Oh well. And Misty in her mermaid suit is always googd!

"Gotta Catch Ya Later" was their first appearance.

Aqua_Maiden
25th June 2006, 2:30 AM
This episode made me cry because how she tried so hard to protect the water pokemon she loved.

High Commander Solomon
25th June 2006, 4:41 AM
Her "brilliant" plans verged on suicide. She was lucky twice not to get killed. Wouldn't that make what she did, I dunno, stupid?

halloweenghost
25th June 2006, 4:46 AM
I'm surprised the brothers were not arrested for what they did.. they almost killed misty.... ehh but who's to say they were not arrested later on...

OtterPops
25th June 2006, 4:52 AM
I wonder why only the bad guys get blasted off... I missed most of the episode so do any of you know when it will air again? I am a pretty big Misty fan...

-;179;

Ash's Pika Pal
25th June 2006, 2:59 PM
How can Misty just float there and talk, but not drown? I mean on all the other episodes when they are underwater/swimming they hold their breath, but it was most likely around 40 seconds to a minute before she starting holding her breath.

Judai Yuki
25th June 2006, 6:06 PM
I wonder why only the bad guys get blasted off... I missed most of the episode so do any of you know when it will air again? I am a pretty big Misty fan...

-;179;
Not for at least another 10 weeks.Misty should be dead though.Really like 50 Poison Stings then getting hit by a Tentacruel.

Champion Jared 14
25th June 2006, 8:32 PM
I loved this episode. It's always a pleasure to see misty with her hair down, I actually didn't think it was that long. She still looked good. So what if she got hit with all those poison stings and still lived, and got hit by tentacruel. I'm glad she was okay. Ash got hit with razor leafs, vine whips, and poison stings from TR's pokemon, and he lived, while TR have been mauled by pokemon attacks and still came back. Anyways, I always wanted to see how she got her gyarados. She controlled it very well, it makes a very good addition for her team indeed.

Dogasu
25th June 2006, 10:09 PM
Schedule Update:

Starting next week (July 1st), Toonami will only premiere one new episode a week. The show will still get two slots a week, but the first slot will be used to encore the previous week's episode. So, next week's schedule looks like this:

7:00 - "Cerulean Blues"
7:30 - "We're No Angels"

The Great Butler
25th June 2006, 10:11 PM
Are you certain that's not an error, Dogasu? It seems odd, as this would be the second change in the way Chronicles has been aired in the short time CN's been showing it.

High Commander Solomon
25th June 2006, 11:33 PM
I don't have so much a problem with the fact that she survived as I do that she got rewarded for getting herself into such a jam in the first place. When Ash gets in the way of attacks, yeah, maybe he's got a really hard head and all, but nobody claims what he did is responsible - which is what this episode is trying to claim Misty was. The first rule of dealing with an emergency is supposed to be to make sure you yourself are not killed, else nobody will be around to do so - and she clearly disregarded it twice. That's NOT responsibility, that's acting without thinking. Such is part of Ash's character, but we're supposed to see it as decidedly not part of Misty's.

I can see the cries of "it's just a show" a mile off, so let's make it clear that I will be able to sleep tonight knowing this episode aired. It doesn't bother me that much, really. But I see this episode and see one thing while everyone else sees another, and I guess in some sense I want to know why.

Dogasu
26th June 2006, 12:31 AM
Are you certain that's not an error, Dogasu? It seems odd, as this would be the second change in the way Chronicles has been aired in the short time CN's been showing it.

I'm sure. CN apparently aired a commercial advertising this change and everything.

The Great Butler
26th June 2006, 12:33 AM
I'm sure. CN apparently aired a commercial advertising this change and everything.

Odd......I did notice ever since they started airing two a week that the Toonami stinger between segments would say "Now: Pokémon Chronicles. Next: *NEW* Pokémon Chronicles."---even when both were new.

Judai Yuki
26th June 2006, 5:49 AM
The brothers were too stupid to be the bad guys.

wobbanut
26th June 2006, 11:22 PM
Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck!!!! :D :D

Okay, sorry, I just had to get that extreme excitement out of my system. I have SO missed the lovably idiotic duck (and no, the recent Psyduck episode didn't do much to help). Seeing Politoed, Corsola, and Horsea again was also a treat.

I liked this special, even though I'm not big on Misty. I'm glad I finally got the story of how Misty got her gyarados (and now I know why she did the Gary-esque pokeball kiss in ATM), and the backstory of her and gyarados in general was revealing. It was pretty good overall. My two cents:

-- Kam, Kay, and Khan are total jerks. I mean, they come off worse than Harley for me, which is saying something. In their first appearance at least they were funny (that scene with them and their pokemon yelling at Team Rocket was LOL hilarious), but here they deserved everything they got. I did like the line "We're not Team Rocket, but we're blasting off!", but otherwise I hated these guys. I am glad that the people behind the show remembered who these guys were after three years (even I forgot the trio's name until I remembered Misty's "invisible" joke in the previous episode).
-- Great Misty episode overall. It's nice how she managed to tame gyarados and overcome her fear at the same time.
-- Nice twist on Nurse Joy. I had the feeling the inspector(s) were already at the gym, but I hadn't counted on it being Nurse Joy. I guess the lack of a nurse's hat should have given it away.

Overall, 8/10.

WaterDragon trainer
30th June 2006, 12:30 AM
I thought this episode was good. At the end, I thought the Fighting Bros. were jerks, but it was good to see them get owned by Gyarados. I thought it was funny when they said, "We're not TR, but we're blasting off!" Misty and Gyarados were awesome in this episode.

SugarFairy
2nd July 2006, 12:32 AM
I love this epy ^_^ It was really good! Alsome battle ^^ I found it weird that Misty didn't die when Tentacrul used Posion Sting XDD

Riva
2nd July 2006, 2:08 AM
If the IPB's weren't actual members of TR, they should be. They seem like the exact kind of "evil" people the "evil" leader of the "evil" Team Rocket would like to add to their "evil" team. They treated their Tentacruel as weapons rather than actual creatures and attacked Gyarados when it couldn't defend itself, then Misty, because they didn't like the judgement.

I hope they were arressted for attempted murder.

Haruka's Swimsuit
2nd July 2006, 2:41 AM
The mention of Rocket-Dan seems to be another 4Kids invention. Chan, San, and Rin initially appear in the episode where Satoshi, Kasumi, and Takeshi split up... without any association to Rocket-Dan.
While they do use unfair and/or dishonest battling practices, I find it annoying that 4Kids would automatically attribute all bad in the world (of Pokemon) to Rocket-Dan.

Ampris
2nd July 2006, 3:27 PM
Schedule Update:

Starting next week (July 1st), Toonami will only premiere one new episode a week. The show will still get two slots a week, but the first slot will be used to encore the previous week's episode. So, next week's schedule looks like this:

7:00 - "Cerulean Blues"
7:30 - "We're No Angels"

-_-
Well, that bites. Dang, just when I got finished saying how great their schedule was and that it'll be no time at all before the one that I need to see airs, they go and do something like this. Figures>~>

On topic, I thought this episode was pretty good. Nice to see Misty doing something after so long, even if Gyrados didn't get the treatment it deserves. I was surprised by the huge amount of Misty fanservice, though. Bet her fanboys would love an avatar or two from this ep O_o

C.J. Ray
9th July 2006, 5:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of this episode since there was so much violence in it, and Misty got hurt really bad, but I guess that things had to go like that. One of the more dramatic episodes, I guess. I would have killed those damned Invincible Pokemon Brothers for what they did.

CyberCubed
9th July 2006, 5:10 AM
I liked the Japanese version, where Horsea tried to snuggle with Misty's boobs (or what there are of them) in order to wake her up while she's drowning. Damn 4kids cut that part out, ah well.

Kamex
9th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.

Interesting to see the Invincible Pokemon Bros. again. Although they're supposed to be the greatest trainers in Veridian City, not the gym leaders of the Cerulean Gym. XD

And of course I'm glad to see how Misty captured that Gyarados.

Misty always loved Tentacruel, too bad she didn't show any love for them in this episode.

Once again, we witness a Joy that does something other than being a nurse. I particularly liked the psychiatrist(sp?) Joy, with the glasses, in that Chikorita episode. ^^

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.

Judai Yuki
10th July 2006, 5:34 AM
Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.

Interesting to see the Invincible Pokemon Bros. again. Although they're supposed to be the greatest trainers in Veridian City, not the gym leaders of the Cerulean Gym. XD

Misty always loved Tentacruel, too bad she didn't show any love for them in this episode.

Once again, we witness a Joy that does something other than being a nurse. I particularly liked the psychiatrist(sp?) Joy, with the glasses, in that Chikorita episode. ^^

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.
Uhh it tried to kill her.I would'nt show affection towards something doing that.

GoldSilverCrys
14th October 2006, 3:10 AM

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.

True- but then again, seems that the theme in recent eps is for someone to take over one gym, then change it's speciality. Weird. What if they did it to other gyms- just thinking.

Chaos Emperor
28th October 2006, 12:56 PM
This episode seems to support this theory I've had about Misty for many years now: Misty is a REAL mermaid. Think about it; Misty was dancing and TALKING underwater. Anime time doesn't equal real time, but if I had to predict, about 2 minutes passed inbetween the time Misty dived in the water, and Gyarados created the whirlpool. When in the whirlpool, she was screaming as well, and I'd say about 25-30 seconds passed until Misty blacked out. Being around water all the time probably means she has better lung capacity than the average person, but no one could do what Misty did without having to surface 3 or 4 times.

Battra
15th November 2006, 12:09 AM
Really enjoyed this episode, Misty is really at her best when she's in her element, plus it's always nice to see Misty in her mermaid outfit.

ty_kwon_dork
15th November 2006, 12:12 AM
This episode seems to support this theory I've had about Misty for many years now: Misty is a REAL mermaid. Think about it; Misty was dancing and TALKING underwater. Anime time doesn't equal real time, but if I had to predict, about 2 minutes passed inbetween the time Misty dived in the water, and Gyarados created the whirlpool. When in the whirlpool, she was screaming as well, and I'd say about 25-30 seconds passed until Misty blacked out. Being around water all the time probably means she has better lung capacity than the average person, but no one could do what Misty did without having to surface 3 or 4 times.

yeah that kind of got on my nerves... u cant breathe or talk underwater... but it is a anime cartoon for u... i'm gonna laugh one day when they get sewed when a girl tries to talk underwater and she almost drowns

DarthBane2007
27th December 2006, 11:14 PM
yeah that kind of got on my nerves... u cant breathe or talk underwater... but it is a anime cartoon for u... i'm gonna laugh one day when they get sewed when a girl tries to talk underwater and she almost drowns

and the fact she got hit with at least 100 Poison Stings and not be injured.

Runty
9th July 2007, 4:32 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a Japanese version of this episode? (preferably subbed)

Misty Fanboi13
2nd April 2008, 6:01 AM
[QUOTE=Kamex;3657589]Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.QUOTE]

Actually it had something to do with the proper runninh of the Gyms themselves. Brock had Forrest and his parents to run the Gym, Misty had her older sisters who were off on a world tour, and even when they are there I can't imagine them doing any good or winning any battles. I'm pretty sure Misty would have liked to travel with Ash again, but her responsibilities come first.

uber gon
2nd April 2008, 7:02 AM
I liked the Japanese version, where Horsea tried to snuggle with Misty's boobs (or what there are of them) in order to wake her up while she's drowning. Damn 4kids cut that part out, ah well.

Yeah, 4Kids cut out/edited a majority of the Chronicles.

Anyone here think that if Misty had a Gyrados in the first place she'd a a FAR more interesting character. She was pretty cool when she showed it off in that one Togepi episode.

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 6:11 PM
I fought this episode was great! Misty is one of my favourite characters

HikariTajiri
1st June 2008, 4:57 PM
IMO, as the episode opened, and especially as the narrator mentioned Ash, Misty looked kind of wistfully sad... IMO this had lots of minor Pokéshippy moments, but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part. I like how Misty cared for her Pokémon, though, especially Gyarados.

Caelesti
9th June 2008, 10:02 PM
but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part.

I thought that too! This episode made me hate those stupid brothers. They almost ruined Misty's hopes of becoming a Gym Leader... and they almost killed her. I love that Misty faced her fears and got a Gyrados. It's also always great to see her in that mermaid costume. :D

Caelesti
9th June 2008, 10:02 PM
but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part.

I thought that too! This episode made me hate those stupid brothers. They almost ruined Misty's hopes of becoming a Gym Leader... and they almost killed her. I love that Misty faced her fears and got a Gyrados. It's also always great to see her in that mermaid costume. :D

J-boogie200
21st June 2008, 5:18 PM
Episode rocks! Love Misty and all her pokemon. Hope she becomes the world's greatest water pokemon trainer and to see another Ash vs Misty rematch with her new team would be so cool!

J-boogie200
21st June 2008, 5:22 PM
Episode rocks! Love Misty and all her pokemon. Hope she becomes the world's greatest water pokemon trainer and to see another Ash vs Misty rematch with her new team would be so cool!

Blue Snover
9th October 2008, 10:52 AM
This was a great Misty episode, because it showed how she had adjusted to becoming a gym leader.

milenadrg
2nd May 2009, 10:32 AM
Great episode. I was glad seeing Misty becaming a Gym Leader and Gyarados in this episode was great!
The funny part of episode was when Hitmonchan acted it don't knows how to swim...:D

Hibachi
18th August 2009, 3:09 AM
I thought this was great episode and Misty definantly deserved to be the gym leader of the Cerulean Gym. I was surprised that right when she got to the gym she already had problems to deal with. I thought it was very brave of her to try and save Gyrados even though she has a major fear of them (and I don't blame her after what happened). I was also surprised that the Invinsible Pokemon Brothers made a reappearence. They obviously cheated in the way they battled her, but I respected Misty for staying calm. Now, I thought things definantly got out of hand once the Tentacruel's kept using Poison Sting when Misty was taking the hits. I was glad Gyrados was able to break out of the cage and rescue her. It is good to see that Misty finally got over her fear of Gyrados. I think she will make a great gym leader. It is too bad she can't travel with Ash anymore, because she obviously misses him.

pokemon fan 132
18th November 2009, 1:34 PM
Ah yes the first episode focusing on Misty in chronicles.Thruth to be told this was a great episode,built with suspence and unpredictable scenes.Misty really showed how strong and independant can be,aswell her love for water types doing anything she can to protect them.It was nice that she passed the test,taking care of gym preventing it from being shut down.

Whole mermaid scene really brought memories from "Misty Mermaid" episode and she really looks beautiful with long hair down,expressing her beauty even more.Conflict with brothers was in least hand shocking,i didnt expected at all that she would be in such danger of being killed when Tentacruels attacked her(ones she always admired almost killed her,whan an irony),but thankfully Gyarados recognized that Misty was willing to do anything in her power to protect him saving her and allowing her to overcome her long time fear from it.

Great episode.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 3:52 PM
Misty is really a gym leader,
how bad she lost in her first battle - to Sakura.

but i loved this ep. it remainds me Brock's past as a gym leader.

9/10

adrenaline
12th January 2010, 2:23 AM
Tender moment when Gyrados saves her because she cares about her Pokemon and Gym. She did take a water tackle and a tri-poison sting attack. Ouch

NimhShambler
16th April 2010, 8:26 AM
This was a really good episode, I sooooo love the Pokémon brothers! Damn I wish they'd won.

The match itself was quite entertaining, Hitmonchan's faking of an illness should have been made legal, they screwed the pokémon brothers out of that one. *******s.

Nice touch towards the end as well with Misty getting up close and personal with the Gyarados, and hey I thought she said she already was a gym leader (ish) back in the "Water Flowers Of Cerulean City!", but being able to control a Gyarados I guess makes her now officially one.

All voices were well dubbed, apart from Politoed's which to be fair did sound a little messed up.

This episode probably beats Brock's one, for the fact that the Pokémon brothers were in it. :shifty:

Hey! Someone else who likes them! I though I was the 'Invincible' Brothers' only fan.

Meh. This episode was an alright one. First one I've watched in YEARS. Probably the last one I'll watch, too.

~Nemmeh ;107;

vipsoccermaster
16th April 2010, 8:31 AM
It's been so long since I last watched this. I'm glad that Misty conquered her fears of Gyarados.

Lorde
16th April 2010, 8:32 AM
So this episode takes place right after the events in Viridian City where Ash and Misty depart? Interesting. I thought it was interesting that there was a confirmed "force" in the anime that inspects Gym's to see that they are running smoothly. That Gyarados at her gym seemed too vicious though, not something I'd ever think she could tame. Loved that Starmie and Horsea were present at the gym still, though it's too bad Misty never travelled with them again. The ending was interesting, very similar to the Misty Mermaid episode with those three guys coming back and starting trouble underwater while a crowd watched. Reminded me of Team Rocket in a way. Glad Misty pasted the inspection and that Gyarados was moved by Misty and it started behaving itself. Decent special, 4/10.

Misty is really a gym leader,
how bad she lost in her first battle - to Sakura.

but i loved this ep. it remainds me Brock's past as a gym leader.

9/10

What? You didn't see the episode? Because Sakura didn't appear in this one.

Willow's Tara
25th June 2010, 7:24 AM
Good episode, it was nice to see where Misty's fear of Gyarados came from. Now all we need is where did her fear of bugs come from if there is a story behind it.

I wonder who's Gym that was in the beginning on the TV? It makes me think it kinda looked like a Grass type gym, maybe Erika got shut down? (Perhaps her girls kept banning male trainers or female for that matter battling just because they don't care about perfume and got it shut down).

Anyways good for Misty to tame Gyarados and for it to save her at the end. Although with what Hitmonchan did I am pretty sure some trainers including either Ash or a gym leader has done that before, so I am not sure if that should have been illegal.

G50
1st March 2011, 4:57 AM
This episode was good. I could tell as the episode went on, that Nurse Joy was actually a PIA agent. It was great to see Misty finally overcome her fear of Gyrados, and Gyrados saving her and helping her out. Those brothers are real jerks... breaking rules, purposely harming Pokemon and Misty.

60/100

AquaMilotic
27th February 2012, 6:28 PM
I really like this episode. It was good to see Misty overcome her fear of Gyarados, and how Nurse Joy was a referee against the thugs was nice, letting Misty get an easy and deserved win. Misty is an awesome character and this episode is awesome! I'm so happy the Internet exists, which allows me to watch Pokemon Chronicles episodes! 10/10!

EDIT 3 JUNE 2012, AFTER REWATCHING
- It was cute to see Misty as a mermaid again!
- When Misty let those Tentacruel hit her to protect Gyarados, I cried. Misty really loves Water Pokemon.
- Misty hugging Gyarados at the end was cute!

7threst
22nd September 2012, 6:53 PM
This episode was great and just that Misty was the point of this entire episode was great. I think it was really well done how Misty won the trust and her fear over Gyrados and how she used it against those three scums. I also enjoying seeing all of Misty's and the Cerulean city's Water-Pokemon. Good chronicle episode indeed.

Mr. Spock
28th May 2013, 5:04 AM
Great episode.
loved the backstory with gyrados, and come to think of it, that last battle would have been perfectly legal in pokemon black and white with the addition of triple battles. So that trio of brothers really shouldn't have been disqualified.