PDA

View Full Version : OakNapped! (010)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:51 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S10.jpgOakNapped!

In Pallet Town for a visit, Richie goes to see Professor Oak, however the Professor is meant to be off recording a TV Program. Richie and Tracey go to meet him there to discover that he has been kidnapped. It turns out Butch & Cassidy are behind it and are looking to find out about Pokérus. Can Richie & Tracey find Oak before its too late?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/010.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
1st January 2005, 3:46 PM
I just watched this episode and it was so great! It was good to see Richie again (I never used to like him but I do now) and Sparky is just cool!
The battle at the end was good and when Zippo's Flamethrower set Prof. Oak's hair on fire, it was just funny!
Rose is a good addition to Richie's team. Sableye and Mightyena were really strong! Butch and Cassidy have trained them well.
It's so funny in like every episode when Butch and Cassidy are in them when someone calls Butch "Botch", his face...hahaha!
I really like Pokemon Hoso, I've been watching a few episodes recently and I hope that Pokemon Chronicles is dubbed Hoso.

Shiny May
20th January 2005, 9:17 PM
just seen the ep and it's a cool one. And indeed, Zippo turning Oak's head on fire was really cool!
Mightyena, Sableye and Taillow are good Hoenn pokemon in this hoso and Taillow does indeed fit Richie.
Also very smart of B&C to dress up like Nidoqueen to get out of the building and in the building.

articuno_trumps_all
12th February 2005, 9:49 PM
Wow. the way Richie handled TR was really interesting. I’ve never seen Ash send them flying through a glass window. Kudos to Richie’s new mean-streak.

Batdude
13th July 2005, 4:58 PM
I thought the battling at the end of this was the best part. I'm gonna assume that the dub changed a few things in this. Appartently Richie has an Eevee. Was that in the original? He wanted to talk to Oak about how to evolve his Eevee. Butch had some pretty good facial expressions here too. I nearly felt like smacking Richie when Tracey mentioned that Ash had a Taillow and he said 'Yeah, we tend to catch alot of the same Pokémon' . Of course you do, clone. I tell ya, if Richie and May had a kid there is a very high chance that it just might BE Ash with all the obvious similarities. As hard as I try, I just can't really like Richie. There's just something about him that gets to me. And I just LOVED when Tracey was like 'Yeah, he beat Ash!'. Not.

Mary's cute enough, and in one shot Cassidy's 'assets' were much larger looking. The whole Pokérus thing was cool too, that they acknowledge it in the show.

DANdotW
13th July 2005, 4:59 PM
It was a great episode. Butch and Cassidy much more competent than Jessie and James, even thought I prefer the latter. Another appearence of Tracey's Scyther, which I was glad about. That old thing really can battle. Also, I like the comment made by Richie, about him and Ash usually actching the same types of Pokémon. He is the real Ash clone, not May.

One more thing, Richie has an Eevee o.0 I never knew that.

HG

CyberCubed
13th July 2005, 5:02 PM
Quick question, did Richie call his Pikachu "Sparky" like he did back in the main series?

I wonder if 4kids screwed up and forgot that Richie's Pokemon all have nicknames.

Torkoal Stu
13th July 2005, 5:04 PM
Hey wait a sec isn't Porf.Namba from the whirl islands episodes? Yeah, Butch and Cassidy worked for him then too.

The Butch name mistakes:

"Bob" and there was another one but Butch actually said these two lines. "Didn;t your mother teach you to learn other peoples names!" and "Why doesn't anyone ever forget your name?" (To Cassidy,)

Yep, it said Richie has an Eevee. Must be dub error I pressume?

Pokérus, was good and Syther can still battle well as Hunting Guard said. Also I prefer Butchs and Cassidys Hitmontop and Houndour(Houndoor as she said in the last special with them in O_O) which they used in the whirl islands in too.

Pretty good and Mary seemed cuter in this ep.

CC, Charmeleon was called Zippo, Pikachu Sparky and Talliow Rose which I think are all right.

Batdude
13th July 2005, 5:05 PM
Richie called his Pokémon Sparky, Zippo and Rose, Cybercubed. Sparky even had the same voice as he did way back when. The only thing they changed seems to be the introduction of his Eevee.

CyberCubed
13th July 2005, 5:07 PM
Cool, little errors in this one I guess.

Even if 4kids altered a line for Richie to have an Eevee, it doesn't really matter. Richie probably has a ton of Pokemon we don't know about.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
13th July 2005, 5:35 PM
in scenes cassidy's breasts went HUGE!

and richie was concerned about his [i]Eevee[/] but was there mention of an eevee in the japanese one?

and was pokérus in the jap version?

and richie's voice seemed different

and it proves that jessie and james arent always the 'bumbling morons'!

Butch and Cassidy have trained their pokemon well

7/10

Batdude
13th July 2005, 5:40 PM
I always expected C&B to be the smart ones though. I guess they still are, but they were a bit less professional at tims. Like when Butch's face went all wacky.

in scenes cassidy's breasts went HUGE!You KNOW it! *hi-fives*

Alfonso
13th July 2005, 5:41 PM
Pokerus was indeed in the Japanese version.

...wtf. Eevee? -_- Pretty sure there was no mention of one in the Japanese version. Certain of it, in fact.

Bob. lol. Just lol. That's actually pretty good, and... a nickname for my real name. wtf. I just realised. I'm Butch! I mean, people keep on getting my user name wrong... Alfanso, Alphonso, Aphonse, Alponso, Alfonzo... I'm Butch. o_o;

ARUFONSO DA! >o<

Oos is Cassidy. XD

Torkoal Stu
13th July 2005, 5:48 PM
Her breast were huge, weren't they? *hi fives shuckle and batdude*

Ha, Alfonso your Butch.

Well in the whole anime Butch has been called so many names they ran out one time they called him: Bip. Remember? You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)

Batdude
13th July 2005, 5:52 PM
You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)*hi-fives*

I seriously thought they were gonna say ***** when I heard the 'bi' part in the Corral ep. Then I came to my senses.

Scyther vs Mightyena was pretty cool. A very physical fight indeed.

CyberCubed
13th July 2005, 6:05 PM
in scenes cassidy's breasts went HUGE!

Intriguing....

PICS!?!

Phantom_Bugsy
13th July 2005, 6:13 PM
You know it, Alphanso. :0

...hm. Now I wanna see. XD

Chris
13th July 2005, 6:39 PM
You KNOW it's a dub change if there was absolutely no mention of one when the special aired. o_O

And it's amazing. They keep Subame's nickname (Rose) yet they change Leon (Pikachu) to "Sparky." The hell's up with that?

Batdude
13th July 2005, 6:44 PM
His name was always Sparky. And this is the first time we see Rose, well dubbed anyway. I never recall him referring to his Pikachu by any name other than Sparky.

Gravy
13th July 2005, 6:46 PM
Didn't Cassidy have pretty large breasts in the last Hoso she was in too? Of course, it probably wasn't as noticable considering her and Butch were in those costumes for the majority of the episode...
I wouldn't be surprised if she was like that in all of them actually. They seem to stick to the same artists with each episode~
Haha, what a great discussion. <3 Cassidy~

Chris
13th July 2005, 6:56 PM
His name was always Sparky. And this is the first time we see Rose, well dubbed anyway. I never recall him referring to his Pikachu by any name other than Sparky.
His Pikachu's original name was Leon. The dub changed that WAAAAAY back when Hiroshi first appeared and decided to call it Sparky. >_>

MagicBox
13th July 2005, 6:59 PM
They keep Subame's nickname (Rose) yet they change Leon (Pikachu) to "Sparky." The hell's up with that?They'll change a name like that just for the sake of making puns.

"Ha ha, it's an electric Pokemon named Sparky. That's hilarious."

It's not even a funny pun.

Batdude
13th July 2005, 8:50 PM
His Pikachu's original name was Leon. The dub changed that WAAAAAY back when Hiroshi first appeared and decided to call it Sparky. >_>So when exactly was it's name Leon? The original? But if Sparky is the dub name, and this was a dub episode, then what's the problem?

Yeah, Cassidy was always 'gifted' like that, it just isn't always as obvious as some of the others like Prima and Jessie.

It's not even a funny pun.At least when they do it to a Pokémon it's somewhat reasonable. Other names are inexcusable, like Tracey (Hohoho! They made a drawing joke!). At least you could imagine a Pikachu named Sparky BECAUSE it's a cheap joke. But some of the names for people are just ridiculous. Granted, the Gym Leaders have reasons for the puns (Wattson, Brock, Pryce) but the names of some minor characters...

MagicBox
13th July 2005, 9:02 PM
Intriguing....

PICS!?!Look at the second pic here (http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/S10ps10.shtml).

Gravy's also got some in the anime picture thread.

Factory Head Noland
13th July 2005, 9:11 PM
I only caught the last 10 minutes but I'll see it all on Friday afternoon, thank the lord for repeats!

Sparky > Leon

Leon the Pikachu? Lol...
There aren't really that many dub errors in the Chronicles episodes, it was just the "Legend of Thunder!" episodes. Tut tut, they gave a bad name to the series...

Sharpshooter
13th July 2005, 9:43 PM
You have to admire this episode for its pure stupidity, who couldn't laugh at Professer Oak the whole time? The whole group was pratically laughing at him! And oh yeah Butch's reactions were funny too when they f*cked up his name again like usual.

So his Tailow is now called "Rose" and there is a mentioning of Richie training an Eevee at present, but unbelievabley it's not mentioned in the Japanese version, so why did they do that? Maybe the writers will save them from embarresment give him an Eevee so it stops us moaning at them or something.

Tracey and Richie sounded the same as they always do, so no muckups from a the voice actors point of view.

So overall really great episode! Both the battling and humor, and perhaps seeing Professor Oak get owned a few times (hair getting set on fire etc lolololol!).

Sparky > Leon

Yer Sparky's the name of my cat, go Sparky!

Alfonso
13th July 2005, 10:41 PM
Sharpshooter... dude. o_o

Rose's Japanese name was Rozu. ._. It's always been Rose, basically.

Chris
13th July 2005, 10:52 PM
There aren't really that many dub errors in the Chronicles episodes, it was just the "Legend of Thunder!" episodes. Tut tut, they gave a bad name to the series...
Someone sure missed quite abit of stuff that 4Kids decided to tinker with in a couple of other Chronicles episodes. >_>

And as I was saying, it's stupid that they decide to only rename Leon yet keep Zippo and Rose's names. Was it even really necessary to decide to make it into a stupid cutesy pun? :|

And man, Yamato's assests are rather noticable in this episode. >_>;;

Factory Head Noland
13th July 2005, 10:56 PM
And man, Yamato's assests are rather noticable in this episode. >_>;;

Lol.

I prefer Sparky over Leon, it just seems like a better name for an Electric type mouse.
Leon, to me, yells physical strength and a Pikachu doesn't have that much physical strength...

Chris
13th July 2005, 11:02 PM
Leon, to me, yells physical strength
Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me. >_> No physical strength there.

Sharpshooter
13th July 2005, 11:12 PM
Sharpshooter... dude. o_o

Rose's Japanese name was Rozu. ._. It's always been Rose, basically.

I never said it wasn't called Rose, it was fact stated from someone who never saw the original version in the first place. Either that or I forgot lol.

Alfonso
13th July 2005, 11:24 PM
Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me. >_> No physical strength there.

:x

Squall. I believe they changed his name to Leon in Kingdom Hearts. >_> (Squall LEONhart was his name in FF8, I believe.)

>_>;

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th July 2005, 11:56 PM
I think Sparky may not have been a 4Kids change, but to be consistant with the Viz translation of the Ono manga.

Batdude
14th July 2005, 12:10 AM
Ok, hang on a second. I am lost here. Since when was Sparky's name 'Leon'?

In all the episodes I've seen with Richie and Sparky I have never heard the name 'Leon' once. Is it a direct translation of his Japanese name, or what? Where did the name 'Leon' suddenly crop out of?

Sorry to be a pain, but now I'm intrigued. (Sparky has a dual identity... I knew there was something about it I didn't like...)

Alfonso
14th July 2005, 12:13 AM
Ok, hang on a second. I am lost here. Since when was Sparky's name 'Leon'?

In all the episodes I've seen with Richie and Sparky I have never heard the name 'Leon' once. Is it a direct translation of his Japanese name, or what? Where did the name 'Leon' suddenly crop out of?

Sorry to be a pain, but now I'm intrigued. (Sparky has a dual identity... I knew there was something about it I didn't like...)

Leon is his Japanese name.

Dogasu
14th July 2005, 12:15 AM
I'm annoyed that the Chronicles people keep making up new ways for the characters to mess up Butch's name. In the Japanese version, they *ALWAYS* call Kosaburou "Kosanji," and in the dub of the regular series, they *ALWAYS* call Butch "Botch." It's just inconsistent to be calling him "Bob" or "Bip" or whatever other names they've been calling him.

I think Sparky may not have been a 4Kids change, but to be consistant with the Viz translation of the Ono manga.

The dubbed version of the Kanto League came out in October 1999, while Viz's translation of that part of the manga came out in 2000. So Viz was just being consistent with the anime, not the other way around.

Alfonso
14th July 2005, 12:17 AM
I'm annoyed that the Chronicles people keep making up new ways for the characters to mess up Butch's name. In the Japanese version, they *ALWAYS* call Kosaburou "Kosanji," and in the dub of the regular series, they *ALWAYS* call Butch "Botch." It's just inconsistent to be calling him "Bob" or "Bip" or whatever other names they've been calling him.

Actually, not always. Back in th Whirl Islands, Misty called Butch 'Buzz'.

Dogasu
14th July 2005, 2:55 AM
Oh. Well, I haven't seen any of the Whirl Island eps (I'm trying to keep up with the episodes airing on Cartoon Network at the moment), so I hadn't known about that.

I've heard that a number of scenes were rearranged in this episode for no reason. Which, if true, really makes me wish I wasn't stuck with a 56K connection for the summer so that I could be writing up Episode Comparisons for these episodes.

poke_girl
14th July 2005, 3:05 AM

*sigh*
Boys... -_-

Chris
14th July 2005, 3:08 AM
I'm sorry but compare to the amount of guys that act like guys compared to the VAST amount of yaoi fangirls. The girls outweigh all of the guys. ;\

CyberCubed
14th July 2005, 3:09 AM
*sigh*
Boys... -_-

I suppose if Ash had a buldge sticking out of his pants in every episode you wouldn't be complaining now would you?

Alfonso
14th July 2005, 4:14 AM
I'm sorry but compare to the amount of guys that act like guys compared to the VAST amount of yaoi fangirls. The girls outweigh all of the guys. ;\

Yaoi Fanboys like me are outnumbered by EVERYONE. XD

But seriously. If you look at any Ash Club ANYWHERE, 95% of the posts are made up of rude and suggestive comments. D: Just as bad, in my opinion.

OMG PHEOBE NEEDS TO APPEAR BECAUSE SHE HAS BEWBS

Okay, I'm done.

Dogasu
14th July 2005, 4:41 AM
*cough* ANYWAY...

Does anyone know what scenes were rearranged for this episode?

14th July 2005, 5:34 PM

Ha, Alfonso your Butch.

Well in the whole anime Butch has been called so many names they ran out one time they called him: Bip. Remember? You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)
they were bigger then Sparky's head in one scene!

I love the way the always forget Butch's name!

Trillian
14th July 2005, 6:17 PM
*cough* ANYWAY...

Does anyone know what scenes were rearranged for this episode?

If memory serves, there was no Butch and Cassidy scene before Tracey talked to Mary over the phone (I'm going according to the pics on the site here).

Also, there was one long scene in the van with Butch and Cassidy where they went over their plan and talked about Professor Nanba. According to the pictures, these two scenes were divided by Ritchie, Tracey and co. Now, I could be completely and utterly wrong here, but that's what I remember.

An episode with Tracey and Prof Oak is a v. good one, in my opinion (my two favourite characters)! Ritchie, however, got on my nerves. I mean, what police officer takes commands from a ten-year old kid?! Butch and Cassidy were great, and I think the battle is one of the better non-league battles that have been done. Professor Oak added a nice laugh factor to it as well.

Geodude
14th July 2005, 6:22 PM
Is it possible--AT ALL--for people to just finally decide to shut the hell up about names and talk about the actual episode?

I liked the part where Rose didn't know what a Pidgeot was, so Tracey drew one for it. It was interesting to establish that some Pokemon have never seen some other species before, especially if they originate in different regions.

Alfonso
14th July 2005, 6:50 PM
Is it possible--AT ALL--for people to just finally decide to shut the hell up about names and talk about the actual episode?

I liked the part where Rose didn't know what a Pidgeot was, so Tracey drew one for it. It was interesting to establish that some Pokemon have never seen some other species before, especially if they originate in different regions.

Uh, no. Because it's PART of the episode. ._.

A small part, but a part nontheless.

14th July 2005, 8:12 PM
~Bayleef~ don't try and act like Ketsuban, it dosent suit you and it makes things more confusing

but it was a good ep

Rikku.
14th July 2005, 8:21 PM
Wow, what point are you lot trying to make? *coughs*

Anyway, on topic. This episode was alright, the "Botch" joke always makes me giggle. And I liked Sableye and Mightyena. Richie seemed too much like a know-it-all convienient kid.

Factory Head Noland
14th July 2005, 8:23 PM
~Bayleef~ don't try and act like Ketsuban, it dosent suit you and it makes things more confusing

but it was a good ep

You obviously don't know what a lot of members are doing...[/insidejoke]
You should check important topics more.

I saw the part were Zippo's Flamethrower got Oak and he set on fire, hilarious!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/RunOakRun.jpg

Mwhahaha!

Murgatroyd
15th July 2005, 5:58 AM
You obviously don't know what a lot of members are doing...[/insidejoke]
Inside joke or not, that sort of crap is not and will never be acceptable in any forum I mod. Next offender gets a week's vacation from the forums.

Geodude
15th July 2005, 6:00 AM
A small part
Exactly my point. It's such a small part of the episode, yet it always dominates the discussions here.

Heracross
15th July 2005, 6:10 AM
Hell, I don't really like how everyone in the original version has started calling him Kosanji all of a sudden. It used to be only Kojirou that would make that mistake, but now that everyone does it it's just not special anymore. :/

Geodude
15th July 2005, 6:17 AM
Sure it's special. It's a running gag. :)

Factory Head Noland
15th July 2005, 9:24 AM
Some of you lot are driving away good friendly people just because they may not type in proper english. There is nothing wrong with not typing in proper english and some people may not be able to help it as English is not their native tongue.

Who did anything wrong, Murg? Check the new rule...

I'm finally gonna see this episode today (I hope).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The "Legend of Thunder!" episodes have given a bad name to all the Pokemon Chonicles episodes, everyone is asking if there are any name changes or 00ber mistakes but there aren't really that many mistakes in the other epsiodes (up until now that is).

It's weird seeing Mary again, she hasn't made an appearance for ages. Ironically "Will The Real Oak Please Stand Up?" was on Sky One this morning and this episode is on this afternoon, 2 Mary episodes?! What a treat...

I think it's great that there are returning characters in this episode, it's good to see how Richie is doing and Mary for that matter.

Chris
15th July 2005, 9:32 AM
Bayleef, you keep forgetting the mistakes in the Takeshi special, which makes it FIVE "episodes" they've screwed up on.

Murgatroyd
15th July 2005, 9:42 AM
Who did anything wrong, Murg? Check the new rule...

New rule or no new rule, what you posted is spam. Further, it was befouling my forum.

Factory Head Noland
15th July 2005, 10:01 AM
Actually I wrote a comment in 1337 which I would've included in my post, the only thing wrong was the spelling. My post was about the episode itself therefore was not SPAM.
You say I'm SPAMing but where abouts is this episode is in your post? I thought even Mods had to follow the rules...
I followed the new rule, posts don't need to written in proper English. End.

I wish they hadn't of cut out the scenes in "A Family That Battles Together Stays Together!", they were important scenes where Brock left Onix, Geodude and Crobat.
Were there any scenes cut out of this episode?

I'm loving the Butch name mistake, a gag that never gets old, lol.

Batdude
15th July 2005, 11:06 AM
One thing I was quite surprised at in this ep was the strength of Sableye. It really is true that strength in the game =/= strength in the animé. It was fast enough, and it had pretty good scratch/fury swipes which you'd never expect from a Sableye normally.

crawdauntpro
21st September 2005, 1:19 PM
I thought the battling at the end of this was the best part. I'm gonna assume that the dub changed a few things in this. Appartently Richie has an Eevee. Was that in the original? He wanted to talk to Oak about how to evolve his Eevee. Butch had some pretty good facial expressions here too. I nearly felt like smacking Richie when Tracey mentioned that Ash had a Taillow and he said 'Yeah, we tend to catch alot of the same Pokémon' . Of course you do, clone. I tell ya, if Richie and May had a kid there is a very high chance that it just might BE Ash with all the obvious similarities. As hard as I try, I just can't really like Richie. There's just something about him that gets to me. And I just LOVED when Tracey was like 'Yeah, he beat Ash!'. Not.

Mary's cute enough, and in one shot Cassidy's 'assets' were much larger looking. The whole Pokérus thing was cool too, that they acknowledge it in the show.

Thats what I heard when I watched it last night. Hopefully its not an error made by the dubbers!?

Blazikens#1Fan
3rd February 2006, 1:38 AM
:snowlax: ;244; The Movie was auesome! I have it on tape!!!!!! Unfotunatly my brother left it at an evil babysitters!

Medea
5th March 2006, 3:37 AM
Just saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part (Tracey) it was pretty cool. And even though it such an annoying gag with forgetting Butch's name, I still had to laugh every time somebody screwed up his name. And at the end when Tracey is going to play a game called I Wouldn't Eat That If I Were You...weird. Almost makes me feel sorry!

Ashy Boy
5th July 2006, 9:13 AM
This episode is one of the best Chronicles eps around.

C.J. Ray
29th July 2006, 5:02 PM
Look at the second pic here.

Uh....I think I'll wait until I actually SEE the episode before I look at those pics of Cassidy's you-know-whats. I'm not a pervert. :rolleyes:

Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me.

(Takes custom Keyblade and bricks Edward Elric over the head with it.) You diss one of Kingdom Hearts' major characters, you diss me. Go ahead and say Leon has no physical strength after he chops you to atoms with his glowing gunblade! :D

Anyways, I wouldn't have cared if the dubbers changed Leon's name to Yusuke Yamato the 3rd, as long as it was a good name. :)

I don't care about the Eevee(Richie/Hiroshi probably had more Pokemon than Gary/Shigeru), but WTH is Harpo(his Pupitar)? I hope it shows up in later Chronicles episodes with him. Richie is an interesting character that Ash forgot about. Maybe Ash was trying to forget Richie after that humiliating disqualification he was given in the Indigo League and the horrible ordeal of watching Dr. Nanba nearly turn his Pikachu into a fighting machine.

Dogasu
29th July 2006, 8:54 PM
By the way guys...Hiroshi's Pikachu's name is pronounced like Lay-on, not Lee-on. That's why I opt to write his name out with the accent over the e (producing Léon).

Riva
30th July 2006, 4:03 PM
Butch's fear of Nanba experimenting on him and Cassidy sort of makes you think the less they have to do with him the better, doesn't it?

Judai Yuki
30th July 2006, 4:11 PM
Hmm too many flashbacks.

-Judai

HoennMaster
31st July 2006, 5:58 AM
In the dub Richie came to get advice on how to evolve his eevee, what was the reason in the original?

wobbanut
2nd August 2006, 12:47 AM
I really enjoyed this special. It ranked just behind "We're No Angels" for my favorite specials so far. I don't know exactly why I enjoyed it, but it was good. My two cents:

-- I enjoyed seeing Richie again. Yes, there's actually someone out there who likes Richie and doesn't give a care about the clone c**p people accuse him of. I liked him here, and I'm looking forward to his two starring specials. I did snicker when Richie actually admitted that he and Ash tend to catch the same pokemon. LOL
-- At least Richie's pokemon names have gotten better over the years (Cruise and Rose are pretty good).
-- I never get sick of hearing Butch's name botched. :D It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy's Hoenn pokemon for the first time too.
-- Nice seeing Nanba again. He was just plain weird, but I like the way the voice actor does his voice.
-- Huh, "pokerus" is pronounced with a short u. I always thought it was pronounced like "moose". Not only that, I thought the "rus" came from Ruby/Sapphire and not virus. Well, I guess it makes a lot more sense now.
-- DJ Mary wasn't as entertaining as she was in her first two episodes, but at least everyone else was great.

Overall, 8.5/10. It's funny how next week will be the last time we see Togepi until the Kanto Christmas episodes.

WaterDragon trainer
6th August 2006, 12:30 AM
This episode was good.It was good to see Richie, Sparky, Butch, and Cassidy again although I can't say the same for Dr. Namba (I never really liked him anyway). It's always hilarious when everyone pronounces Butch's name wrong. Nice to see Richie has a Taillow. Funny how Butch and Cassidy tortured Oak. It was also hilarious when Oak's head got burned.

If memory serves, did Dr. Namba talk about Pokerus (that special virus in the games)? It was kinda hard to understand him.

CaptainBrain
6th August 2006, 5:34 PM
It was nice seeing Butch and Cassidy again. I loved their motto: Here's our mission so you better listen..... Richie got on my nerves though. I did however, find it funny when he said that him and Ash tend to catch the same pokemon.

pokeaidmissy
21st August 2006, 1:26 AM
I thought it was a great episode. When I found out about the Chronicles, I couldn't wait to see them, so I bought the set off of eBay. =]. I really liked seeing some of the old cast again. I wish we could have seen Richie's Eevee though.....I wonder what he evloved it to......Poor Oak, he's head caught fire....he never gets a break....lol, I thought that sceen was funny. I also learned an important lesson from the show: never compete in a TV show titled 'I Woundn't Eat That If I Were You', you might just go to bed with a stomach ach......and they say Pokemon isn't educational, yeah right.....

Shift
21st August 2006, 2:32 AM
Just a note, Richie has no Eevee; that was just added to the dub.

Francesc
7th November 2006, 1:00 PM
After watching this episode, I realise Richie is smarter than Ash. Anyway, It's a good episode, Butch and Cassidy are as good as Jessie and James, and I liked Prof.Oak talking about the pokerus. Nice one.

Battra
21st November 2006, 3:03 PM
I would love to see a whole Pokemon series with just Richie, he also makes a great ?detective.

Meta Knight
21st November 2006, 11:56 PM
there were three things i thought were REALLY funny

1. when they were scratching the glass and oak screamed! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
2. when he got hit by embers so he broke a wall with his head! LOLLOLLOLLOL
3. BOB instead of BUTCH! LOLx1000000

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 6:19 PM
enjoyable episode!

aquajet16
2nd May 2008, 2:43 AM
This episode was very funny because of the Butch cliche joke, hehehe.
The glass scratch was fun too, I think I'll use that to persuade my parents to buy me a DS, lol.

HikariTajiri
1st June 2008, 2:50 PM
I must admit, this was cool. I'd like to see more of Richie, actually. He's a really under-rated character. Butch and Cassidy's disguises were ridiculous, as usual (I laughed through most of the epi), and kidnapping Oak was a pretty good idea by Team Rocket standards. =P As for I Wouldn't Eat That If I Were You... LOL!

Brandnewgold
31st May 2009, 12:41 AM
Love B&C's new pokemon and how Prof. Oak got kidnapped. Never liked the prof. and his voice.

Hibachi
23rd September 2009, 9:44 PM
I thought it was interesting how Professor Oak got kidnapped. It surprised me that Ritchie showed up and that him and Tracey were able to get to the TV Station so quickly. Ritchie really did a good job in finding out the mystery of who kidnapped Professor Oak. It didn't surprise me that Team Rocket was behind it. It was interesting to learn somewhat about the Pokerus. I laughed when Butch and Cassidy threatened Professor Oak with the nail and glass. Luckily Ritchie, Tracey, Mary, and Officer Jenny got there in time to rescue Professor Oak. I thought it was funny when Professor Oak's hair caught on fire and he ran into the wall.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 2:49 PM
Hmm, good episode. Cassidy and Butch were really mean.

Oak was very poor, he almost killed.

7/10

Willow's Tara
25th June 2010, 8:46 AM
Not too bad, Cassidy and Butch did almost get away with kidnapping Oak though, interesting enough. How did the guard not realize two people walk out and do nothing? If two people walked out when only one walked in they should have realized something was up.

Of course Ritchie has a Talliow, they wouldn't be alike if Ash and Ritchie didn't have the same Pokemon or the previous/evolved form (Like Charmeleon/Pupitar). Good that Oak came back, also sounds like he was getting tortured with that thing Cassidy was pressing whatever it is lol.

G50
1st March 2011, 11:01 AM
This episode was ok... The "George of the Jungle" line - "watch out for that 'wall'" was hilarious! It was cool to see Richie's new Pokemon Tailow. It's always funny when they say Butch's name wrong. Sableye and Mightyena are very strong, and were raised very well. Zippo's Fire Spin attack was very cool and strong. They must really like Nidoqueen since they used that disguise again.

40/100

Caseydia
1st May 2011, 5:29 PM
For the people who said that Tracey didn't get any specials or screentime, need to go back and watch each and ever one of these episodes. Count how many times Tracey had showed up and count how many Misty did with these specials and you will find out that Tracey got a bit more.

ForgottenPearl
8th June 2012, 1:24 AM
I watched this episode right after a newer one (BW). Although the difference in animation quality surprised me a little (I knew it'd be different, just not that different), I’m surprised by how the show has maintained more or less the same charm.

Let’s see... I got a grin out of Oak saying that he would be “braving the cafeteria”: that’s a good way to put it. Some cafeterias are dangerous territory. I also liked the phrase “as smooth as a Squirtle’s underbelly.” The Funniest Pokémon Home Videos line was a nice parody.

The security guards were pretty stupid, but at least they have smart ten-year-olds on hand. And Bob, err, I mean Butch, sure has the science thing down-pat: use big words, and you’ll be fine. (I guess he thinks impasse is a big word.) He and Cassidy sure knew how to torture too. I usually think of nails on a chalkboard, but I guess glass would work too. I also like how the episode mentioned Pokérus: I myself just learned about that a few months ago. >_> I’m glad we got to see Zippo again. Ritchie sure is lucky: his Charmeleon didn’t turn into an egoistic ingrate. And it was nice to see Butch and Cassidy be the ones blasting off again.

Oh, I was kinda confused when Ritchie and Tracey mentioned that they were going to be on a TV show. That came out of nowhere. Still, this was a fun episode.

(Oh, by the way, Ritchie's name is spelled wrong in the Serebii description of the episode.)