PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

willischong
12th April 2009, 1:33 PM
Click here for the D/P Glitch Discussion Thread. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=269944)

Talk about glitches from Pokémon Platinum here.

epona333
13th April 2009, 5:47 AM
I've discovered a small glitch with Platinum. I went to battle the gym leader in Eterna city before venturing to the statue to get the HM cut. Now, no matter how many times i try to do it, i cannot get Cynthia to appear to give me the HM cut so i can progress. Is there a way around this? Or must i restart my game?

LucarioMan101
13th April 2009, 8:31 AM
why dont you just go to the statue?

Dabottle
13th April 2009, 1:43 PM
You could trade with someone for a bidoof with cut.

SuperWeb606
13th April 2009, 1:50 PM
When you se rock tomb in a double battle and try to hit the first pokemon, the sprite shows it on the second.

SuperWeb606
13th April 2009, 1:52 PM
When you se rock tomb in a double battle and try to hit the first pokemon, the sprite shows it on the second.

the lol factor7
13th April 2009, 2:02 PM
^That also happens with Twister, except it looks like it hit the first pokemon, not the second, and they both get damage

epona333
13th April 2009, 2:20 PM
thats just it, i go to the statue but nothing happens.

epona333
13th April 2009, 2:22 PM
i have tried, several times. she doesn't show up

jaws_is_ra
18th April 2009, 12:37 AM
for some reason Driftblom will not show up on my game on fridays

LordVatek9
18th April 2009, 12:59 AM
On my old game, whenever I tried to get Rotom, I thumped the TV but then it froze. I restarted and it was fine.

randomspot555
18th April 2009, 1:20 AM

Are you sure the DS clock has the proper date?

Feign Ruler
18th April 2009, 3:18 AM
i have tried, several times. she doesn't show up

dont you have to go to the statue, then beat the gym, and she sees you on your way to the pokecenter?

KingRaichu
18th April 2009, 3:44 AM
I'm not sure that's a Platinum glitch, i think that perhaps ur DS is faulty. it seems so, as time-based events r going loopy in ur game. Restart the game maybe? i mean, ur only at Eterna. That's liie, what, 2 honest hours of gameplay? Maybe 3 if ur a dedicated level-upper.
Platinum is surprisingly free of glitches so far. I'll keep looking though.

randomspot555
18th April 2009, 4:27 AM
Platinum is surprisingly free of glitches so far. I'll keep looking though.

Well, besides the horribly broken weather-pursuit damaging glitch. Yeah, they fixed the "acid rain" glitch from the Japanese release and somehow made it worse.

The official tournament will even have rules in place to deal with it, in case it comes up during a battle.

But I do guess you're kind of correct, in that Plat is probably the most glitch free game, as far as noticeable glitches like the tweaking glitch in D/P, or the Surf E4 glitch in D/P Japanese release.

There's also the glitch, similar to Emerald, where the RNG can help with breeding, etc... I'm too tired to go into more detail, but Smogon has a detailed thread about it here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180).

Toastybob
18th April 2009, 6:22 AM
When you enter a wild battle while surfing and changing the Poketch app, both screens of the DS will turn black and the game will freeze, forcing you to turn the game off. I do not know if this works in grass, caves, or if the glitch is also in D/P and has already been discovered.

Rad3n
18th April 2009, 8:35 AM
Randomspot, RNG manipulation is now confirmed as working in D/P as well iirc. I wouldn't really call it a glitch either, it's just manipulating the way the RNG creates IVs.

Visual
18th April 2009, 9:30 AM
dont you have to go to the statue, then beat the gym, and she sees you on your way to the pokecenter?

She gave me the HM before I beat the gym yesterday, I think. Oh! Drifloon didn't appear in my game yesterday. It appears at night too in Platinum, right?

Da_Raichu_lova
18th April 2009, 9:56 AM
What is the RNG, I looked at it on the link but it was too confusing for me. Back on topic, I haven't found any glitches yet on my Platinum which I think is a good thing right?

randomspot555
18th April 2009, 11:31 AM
What is the RNG, I looked at it on the link but it was too confusing for me. Back on topic, I haven't found any glitches yet on my Platinum which I think is a good thing right?

It explains what the RNG is all right there in that link, along with other links detailing other game mechanics. It's a good chunk to read and not something that can be whittled down to a soundbite.

willischong
19th April 2009, 3:15 AM
Sometimes in the Plaza Games, Swalot (in Swalot Plop) and/or Mime Jr. (in Mime Jr. Top) appears really big.

SteelMetagross
20th April 2009, 5:45 AM
I think I have ran into a simi major glitch, one day on the GTS I traded something for a level 100 glacion (I was exited so I wasn't thinking about if it was hacked or not) so after I got the pokemon I couldn't trade some pokemon on the Gts even though I have what they wanted. I releaced (SP?) the pokemon but this still happens. it hasn't affected my main game so I'm not that worried about it. but does anyone know what happened or have any suggestions?

Kreis
20th April 2009, 5:56 AM
I think I have ran into a simi major glitch, one day on the GTS I traded something for a level 100 glacion (I was exited so I wasn't thinking about if it was hacked or not) so after I got the pokemon I couldn't trade some pokemon on the Gts even though I have what they wanted. I releaced (SP?) the pokemon but this still happens. it hasn't affected my main game so I'm not that worried about it. but does anyone know what happened or have any suggestions?

That isn't a glitch. Pokemon Platinum GTS sucks, kinda. You can't see the level that the person wants the Pokemon to be, so you may have the Pokemon they want but not the level they want it at.

SteelMetagross
20th April 2009, 5:59 AM
That isn't a glitch. Pokemon Platinum GTS sucks, kinda. You can't see the level that the person wants the Pokemon to be, so you may have the Pokemon they want but not the level they want it at.
realy!?! crap so I gave away an ambipom for nothing..........dang lol

Toastybob
20th April 2009, 6:47 AM

So that was the reason, the whole time? This means that the GTS actually got worse from D/P to Platinum.

Visual
20th April 2009, 3:24 PM
I think I just got the weather glitch. Well, this is what happened:

*weather condition*
PLASMA is hurt by its Levitate.
SNAP is hurt by its Overgrow.
The foe's MURKROW is hurt by its Insomnia.

These happened for a few times during a trainer battle in the Lost Tower, over and over again, but with different weather. The weird thing is the Pokemons in the battle didn't use any moves like Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Hail and Sandstorm. Well, the place is foggy. Maybe that's why? And why does it says that the Pokemons are hurt by their abilities instead of the weather(s)? (o.0)

Pamizard
20th April 2009, 5:16 PM
I had a glitch in my old game but i restarted it

I got the same swarm of spinda for hte whole week and the people in the resturant wouldnt change. All the day things wouldnt work. it was awkward but it was probably cause i used actoin replay for like one thing

redrunner89
21st April 2009, 12:06 AM
i got what i would call the incureable Pokerus, one of my pokemon got pokerus and it spread to my team, but none of them are cured and its been at least three days since getting pokerus

theclaytonator
21st April 2009, 1:49 AM
i got what i would call the incureable Pokerus, one of my pokemon got pokerus and it spread to my team, but none of them are cured and its been at least three days since getting pokerus

The time that Pokerus is still around varies with different pokemon and different games. It could last either only a day or maybe more than 3. If it lasts more than a week, though, I think it may be a glitch.

You have been Claytonated.

redrunner89
21st April 2009, 2:30 AM
The time that Pokerus is still around varies with different pokemon and different games. It could last either only a day or maybe more than 3. If it lasts more than a week, though, I think it may be a glitch.

You have been Claytonated.

i'm pretty sure that pokerus's spread ability is only suppose to last until midnight of the day that it contracted, which is why i'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them in plat

LucarioMan101
21st April 2009, 3:39 AM
i'm pretty sure that pokerus's spread ability is only suppose to last until midnight of the day that it contracted, which is why i'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them in plat

dont worry it happened to me too....it took like a week to get rid of it thats just how plat is

Stealthlead
21st April 2009, 4:33 AM
dont worry it happened to me too....it took like a week to get rid of it thats just how plat is

by get rid of it do you mean its bad? :O

redrunner89
21st April 2009, 4:41 AM

i'd wish that it didn't go away, i'd rather it be a permanent glitch

by get rid of it do you mean its bad? :O

its a good thing, it was just worded wrong. Pokerus is a very very good thing to have

nicko
21st April 2009, 6:51 AM
pokerus is the best. using it and the power iitems i got a staravia max ev's in about 10mins

Pamizard
21st April 2009, 6:37 PM

o.O i actually thought that was a glitch too. there was one Pokemon i had someone wanted but it wasnt in a level. I thought my game was screwed. Well thats stupid =/

Sapphire Phoenix
22nd April 2009, 3:49 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but my Giratina gained really weird stats one day... They were this:

Max. Hp: +4
Attack: +33
Defense: +-24
Sp. Atk: +26
Sp. Def: +-24
Speed: 3

This also happened again to the same Giratina a few days ago, but I resetted since I didn't want his defenses going down (and I just got done EV training him)... None of my other pokemon did this, and this only happened to Giratina when he was in Origin Forme... Is this a glitch?

I'll upload the picture sometime later... since I did take a picture of it :/

Toastybob
22nd April 2009, 3:52 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but my Giratina gained really weird stats one day... They were this:

This also happened again to the same Giratina a few days ago, but I resetted since I didn't want his defenses going down (and I just got done EV training him)... None of my other pokemon did this, and this only happened to Giratina when he was in Origin Forme... Is this a glitch?

Have you used an AR? If not, I can't think of anything else.

KingRaichu
23rd April 2009, 1:21 AM
whoa, those stat changes are really freaky. i think it smells of an action replay. I can't possibly think the programming could glitch hthis badly on its own.

cannibaleyes
23rd April 2009, 10:28 PM
Pokerus varies... I've personally had it last less than a day or up to a week before. Anyway, three days isn't unusual. I could be wrong, but I think it partially depends on how many EVs your pokemon gains, as well as how long it's had it.

Black Diaruga
24th April 2009, 3:33 AM

I think that happens because Giratina Origin's base Attack and Sp. Attack are higher than its defenses, while the Altered Forme has lower Attack and Sp. Attack and higher defenses.
So maybe its stats are being adjusted to fit the ones the Origin Forme is supposed to have.

Draknir
24th April 2009, 3:41 AM
I think that happens because Giratina Origin's base Attack and Sp. Attack are higher than its defenses, while the Altered Forme has lower Attack and Sp. Attack and higher defenses.
So maybe its stats are being adjusted to fit the ones the Origin Forme is supposed to have.

When you change formes, its stats are automatically changed.

ShinyCollector007
24th April 2009, 3:47 AM
I think I got one (Not sure if it was a glitch), my Torterra was paralyzed and didnt react to it, he attacked normally all the time.(About 15-17 turns, then I went to the Pokemon Center and he got healed)

LordVatek9
24th April 2009, 3:59 AM
I think I got one (Not sure if it was a glitch), my Torterra was paralyzed and didnt react to it, he attacked normally all the time.(About 15-17 turns, then I went to the Pokemon Center and he got healed)

Your Pokemon won't always react. I once went through the Elite Four with my main Pokemon paralysed and it only got in the way once.

salamance25
24th April 2009, 4:15 AM
was the glaceon you traded a weird language cause i got one lv. 100 a few days ago, but i forgot what i traded for though.hmm

Shiny Supercow
24th April 2009, 12:29 PM
I caught a Golbat @ level 10 in a cave..

wichu
25th April 2009, 1:53 PM
When you change formes, its stats are automatically changed.

Then something must have happened to cause its stats not to be recalculated... It's a very plausible explanation otherwise. It would be interesting to see what actually caused it.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced a text glitch with the Black Belt in Victory Road (in the part leading to Route 224)? After I beat him, his 'after-battle speech' was just a few random letters. I've heard of somebody else experiencing this (or at least something similar), so I was wondering whether it's a glitch in all copies of Platinum.

Shinzura
25th April 2009, 4:25 PM
I find it hilarious that sometimes in the Frontier the trainers don't match up with their lines. I once fought a Roughneck who talked about his "Mommy and Daddy"

V4LOVER
25th April 2009, 5:10 PM
When I hold my DS with fingers near the L button, some sounds don't come out. Today, I was chaining Spoink, and as my Porygon popped out of its ball, I still heard just music. I didn't hear the running sound either.

ChuklaeAquos
27th April 2009, 6:24 AM
In an exclusive press release earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that while testing Pokemon Platinum they had, in fact, discovered a glitch in which one could obtain a level 100 Shaymin through a few simple tests. Instead of getting rid of it, NoA decided to keep it as an Easter Egg.

According to pokedream.com, Pokemon released an exclusive press release on the morning of April 1st, stating they found a glitch to catch a level 100 Shaymin. They didnt get rid of it, they kept it as an easter egg.

The steps, they say, are simple:

1. Pick Chimchar as your starter
2. Give your Chimchar ro its evolutions a potion to hold
3. Follow the same process to get Spiritomb, except meet 50 people Underground
4. A level 100 Shaymin will appear instead of a Spiritomb

Tell me if this works or not, because i dont have platinum (yet).

Icing Sugar
27th April 2009, 6:34 AM
My Garchomp's EQ sometimes hurts my Staraptor when I'm in the Battle Tower :S

randomspot555
27th April 2009, 6:56 AM
My Garchomp's EQ sometimes hurts my Staraptor when I'm in the Battle Tower :S

Did your Staraptor use Roost or something like Gravity occured?

Because otherwise, you're lying.

Icing Sugar
27th April 2009, 7:05 AM
Did your Staraptor use Roost or something like Gravity occured?

Because otherwise, you're lying.
I didn't know that xD

Maybe that was because of Roost, I don't remember :/

randomspot555
27th April 2009, 7:10 AM
I didn't know that xD

Maybe that was because of Roost, I don't remember :/

Roost causes a Flying type to lose it's Flying type for the rest of the turn. If Staraptor moved first and Roosted, it would take neutral damage from Earthquake.

Only non-flying type Pokemon with Roost won't be affected by this, like Scizor (who takes ground damage anyway) and Flygon (due to Levitate).

wichu
27th April 2009, 7:28 PM
I find it hilarious that sometimes in the Frontier the trainers don't match up with their lines. I once fought a Roughneck who talked about his "Mommy and Daddy"
That's not a glitch; I find that the Roughnecks' personalities are opposite to their appearances (for example, there's one in the Lost Tower who uses a Cleffa).

In an exclusive press release earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that while testing Pokemon Platinum they had, in fact, discovered a glitch in which one could obtain a level 100 Shaymin through a few simple tests. Instead of getting rid of it, NoA decided to keep it as an Easter Egg.

According to pokedream.com, Pokemon released an exclusive press release on the morning of April 1st, stating they found a glitch to catch a level 100 Shaymin. They didnt get rid of it, they kept it as an easter egg.

April 1st

Nissan Returns
28th April 2009, 4:30 AM

Assure you it does not work, at least it didn't in my English version[usa one]

ChuklaeAquos
28th April 2009, 8:15 AM
Assure you it does not work, at least it didn't in my English version[usa one]

If it is wrong, dont blame me. If it is true, its probably for japanese versions only

randomspot555
28th April 2009, 5:34 PM
If it is wrong, dont blame me. If it is true, its probably for japanese versions only

Yes, we most certanily can blame you, for posting an April Fools joke weeks after the day has passed.

KingRaichu
29th April 2009, 10:36 PM
I highly doubt Nintendo would keep such an easily obtainable easter egg in there. They are too greedy for that. Why is it that when people discovcered the Mew Glitch in Yellow, Nintendo made that Mew untradeable (as far as i could tell)? They are mean that way sometimes...

drake13
2nd May 2009, 5:54 PM
i encountered a glitch where i used my golduck to waterfall downwards in the waterfall of the pokemon league then what happened was only golduck went down and the trainer was there at the top of the waterfall...then when it stopped in the bottom of the waterfall...the trainer suddenly appeared at golduck's back...this is very weird...

Riversong
2nd May 2009, 7:05 PM
So I have a shaymin obtained through the tweaking glitch, so it's perfectly normal. I traded it from my diamond to my platinum, because on serebii it said that the shaymin obtained from Flower Paradise could be transformed with the Glacidea Flower. When it didn't unlock the flower, my friend let me borrow her event shaymin to unlock it. I tested the flower on her shaymin and it worked. After giving back her shaymin, I tried the flower on mine and it didn't work.

Does the Flower Paradise shaymin have to be from Platinum? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it wouldn't work on my poor little Lily.

Draknir
2nd May 2009, 7:12 PM
So I have a shaymin obtained through the tweaking glitch, so it's perfectly normal. I traded it from my diamond to my platinum, because on serebii it said that the shaymin obtained from Flower Paradise could be transformed with the Glacidea Flower. When it didn't unlock the flower, my friend let me borrow her event shaymin to unlock it. I tested the flower on her shaymin and it worked. After giving back her shaymin, I tried the flower on mine and it didn't work.

Does the Flower Paradise shaymin have to be from Platinum? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it wouldn't work on my poor little Lily.

Yes it does. Only the Movie Event Shaymin or its other language equivalents and Platinum caught Shaymin will change into Sky Forme.

FireMeowth
2nd May 2009, 7:16 PM
Riversong: It works with legit Shaymins. Flower Paradise Shaymin from D/P are NOT legit because Oak's Letter is not obtainable in D/P.

EDIT: D'oh

Chimchardude
3rd May 2009, 10:31 PM
A few weeks ago, I was in Oreburg city and I left a building, it was afternoon for like half a second then turned back to night. When I went in, it was night.

maxim565
4th May 2009, 9:46 AM
When my Noctowl failed using Fly, it come back to the ground as usual but repeated its back sprites animation. Is that a glitch?

Rachmat19
12th May 2009, 6:47 AM
I haven't found one yet, but is wondering whether cloning and evolving pokemon (that have to be traded) through the GTS still works.. Thanks...

arceus7
13th May 2009, 12:35 AM
I have a really weird glitch every so often my giratina drops its griseous orb and I go into a battle with a another form giratina. Crazy huh?

Harkett
14th May 2009, 3:07 AM
When my Noctowl failed using Fly, it come back to the ground as usual but repeated its back sprites animation. Is that a glitch?
As in, after you used Fly, it showed the fly figurehead come down twice? i dont quite understand

Blaine's Cousin
14th May 2009, 4:07 AM

As far as i remember, they should do the back-sprite animation only when they get out of a Pokeball...so yeah, if it does it every time when it reappears, after using moves like fly or otherwise, apart from doing it so from the pokeball, it's officially a glitch.

I have a really weird glitch every so often my giratina drops its griseous orb and I go into a battle with a another form giratina. Crazy huh?

Arceus7....you do realize that if you do a battle with someone on the internet using Giratina, it won't use the Griseous orb at all, right? Nintendo banned the diverse formes (saving for Deoxys) for some unknown reasons to the matter...However, on local wireless games, the formes can be used as far as i know.

Not really Riversong...

I remember reading that the Gracidea Flower works with all Shaymin from any versions. What it is necessary though, is that you get the Shaymin from Platinum/the event Shaymin, to acivate the Gracidea Flower girl in-game event.

What surely happened is that you attempted to change Shaymin's Forme in the night. Gracidea Flower will only make Shaymin to become Sky-forme during the day. When the DS Clock hits 8:00pm regardless of the situation, Shaymin will revert to Land Forme. It will also revert when its deposited on a box.

...As for my Glitch experiences, i'm not sure to call this a glitch but sometimes, when i use the bicycle, the music of it cannot be heard, and it remains silent until i cross over what i call a "frame border" (you know, when the sign of "Route#*insert number*/*insert name* City/Place" appears). After that, the music of the area starts to play. This has happened on several occasions.

And also, i experienced the weather glitch as well. Too many random weathers and being hurt by your own abilities make the fight much more difficult indeed.

Mario with Lasers
14th May 2009, 4:54 AM
Riversong: It works with legit Shaymins. Flower Paradise Shaymin from D/P are NOT legit because Oak's Letter is not obtainable in D/P.

EDIT: D'oh

That's not really the reason, the problem is that only Shaymins with the "Fateful Encounter" flag transform to Sky Forme, and D/P Shaymin doesn't have it, even if you hack to activate the event. They probably were going to give the flag only to Movie Shaymin (so it would be the only one to get Gracidea to you), but then, with the whole Surf on E4 door glitch, they decided to give the flag to Plat Shaymin and use something else (Classic Ribbon? I think so) to make Movie Shaymin unique to get Gracidea.

...As for my Glitch experiences, i'm not sure to call this a glitch but sometimes, when i use the bicycle, the music of it cannot be heard, and it remains silent until i cross over what i call a "frame border" (you know, when the sign of "Route#*insert number*/*insert name* City/Place" appears). After that, the music of the area starts to play. This has happened on several occasions.

I've heard of that too, but only in Japanese D/P. It's strange that the bug persists.

panicsocharming
16th May 2009, 2:20 PM
im not sure if this is a glitch or not, but i got hit with dynamic punch... when i was in the air. ._.;

Shiny Bashamo
16th May 2009, 2:30 PM
im not sure if this is a glitch or not, but i got hit with dynamic punch... when i was in the air. ._.;

There are certain abilities (can't remeber the name atm, sorry) that let the pokémon hit the other pokémon no matter what. So I guess that's what happened to you.

Empoleon Bonaparte
16th May 2009, 3:10 PM
There are certain abilities (can't remeber the name atm, sorry) that let the pokémon hit the other pokémon no matter what. So I guess that's what happened to you.

There's only one; Mold Breaker, learned by Pinsir, Cranidos and Rmapardos. When the Pokémon is switched in, the game says: "POKÉMON has Mold Breaker!"

BynineB
16th May 2009, 3:27 PM
There's only one; Mold Breaker, learned by Pinsir, Cranidos and Rmapardos. When the Pokémon is switched in, the game says: "POKÉMON has Mold Breaker!"

I'm guessing it was a No Guard Machop/Choke/Champ, judging by how they said they got hit by a Dynamicpunch.

Omastar ftw!
16th May 2009, 3:54 PM

only friday afternoons...and only drifloon

John999
17th May 2009, 5:39 PM
I started of with 4 master balls and no matter how many times i use them they never go away!

Draknir
17th May 2009, 6:27 PM
I started of with 4 master balls and no matter how many times i use them they never go away!

You obviously have used an external device. This is a glitch that can under no circumstances happen.

Mario with Lasers
17th May 2009, 6:48 PM

Did you start with "4" or "?4" Master Balls? If it's the latter, then you just have literally thousands of Master Balls and that's why they apparently won't ever go away. Try to toss them all.

Now, if it's the former... Did you turn off the cheat, by any chance?

elderbro
17th May 2009, 7:35 PM
I was once in the Battle Factory and I switch out to a Shedinja. A sudden sandstorm killed my Shedinja. And afterwards, there was no sandstorm and none of the opponent's Pokémon had Sand Stream or Sandstorm.

Weird O_o

Triforce19
17th May 2009, 7:45 PM
I was just in a double battle with my Rotom and Staravia in Lost Tower, and after my Rotom KO'ed one of the other team's Ponytas, my Zubat leveled up thanks to Exp. Share, then the text box said " Zubat used Astonish" but nothing happened, and the only Zubat was the one in my party...

Zenotwapal
17th May 2009, 8:14 PM
I activated the Acid rain glitch in the Battle Factory

(some idiot used rain dance and then i pursuited like a idiot, and then the clefable on the other team became nearly invinsible with healing 4 d*mn times every turn)

tkdkbw
18th May 2009, 10:11 PM

Make sure
1) your at Valley windworks (obvious but still)
and 2) your time is right.

W0LF
18th May 2009, 10:29 PM
My overall experience with Platinum is a little glitchy.
As I ride my bike on the fast gear it jerks about like nobody's business!

Speedfox
19th May 2009, 1:51 AM
My overall experience with Platinum is a little glitchy.
As I ride my bike on the fast gear it jerks about like nobody's business!

It occasionally happens to me too.

Pingouin7
19th May 2009, 3:43 AM
That's not really the reason, the problem is that only Shaymins with the "Fateful Encounter" flag transform to Sky Forme, and D/P Shaymin doesn't have it, even if you hack to activate the event. They probably were going to give the flag only to Movie Shaymin (so it would be the only one to get Gracidea to you), but then, with the whole Surf on E4 door glitch, they decided to give the flag to Plat Shaymin and use something else (Classic Ribbon? I think so) to make Movie Shaymin unique to get Gracidea.

I've heard of that too, but only in Japanese D/P. It's strange that the bug persists.
Well, Movie Shaymin still was unique to get the Gracidea, since Flower Paradise Shaymin doesn't have Fateful Encounter. You just said that only the Movie Shaymin had the Fateful Encounter.

guizaum
19th May 2009, 3:56 AM
Hey,my Platinum has a grudge on ruins and Defogs,cuz if i enter the Solaceon Ruins,the game will go black and the normal solaceon music plays.Creepy huh?But my friend is going to trade me a Unown for the Dex and a Starly with Defog

Poke_Midori
19th May 2009, 10:36 PM
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but whenever I look at my pokemon (by clicking on it), there is a little yellow neutral face, outlined in red. I don't know what it is, but my other pokemon get it, too. But any pokemon with pokerus cannot get it.

Dagger54321
19th May 2009, 10:42 PM
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but whenever I look at my pokemon (by clicking on it), there is a little yellow neutral face, outlined in red. I don't know what it is, but my other pokemon get it, too. But any pokemon with pokerus cannot get it.

It means they used to have pokerus, but now it's gone.

espeon13x
19th May 2009, 11:25 PM
;162; i have noticed that in the national dex it says that furret is 5'11" but he is still shorter than your person in the picture.

Espeon is amazing!!!!!

espeon13x
19th May 2009, 11:43 PM
i have a skitty that i was walking through amity square and i have found a total of two pink scales, which are shown as only obtainable through different pokemon, has anyone else found some?

Zhanton
20th May 2009, 10:28 AM
Just in Eterna Forest with Cheryl, and a walking, non battling bug catcher walked on top of Cheryl. Hahahaha.

wichu
20th May 2009, 1:35 PM
;162; i have noticed that in the national dex it says that furret is 5'11" but he is still shorter than your person in the picture.

That's because it is 5'11'' long; if it was stretched out, then it would be taller. It's not a glitch.

Skull_Kid
20th May 2009, 1:52 PM
Well, Movie Shaymin still was unique to get the Gracidea, since Flower Paradise Shaymin doesn't have Fateful Encounter. You just said that only the Movie Shaymin had the Fateful Encounter.

I transfered my Diamond Shaymin to there, and it triggered the event, so what?

espeon13x
20th May 2009, 11:07 PM
if it is just considered by the length what about milotic?

maxim565
21st May 2009, 5:39 AM

Well... Milotic didn't stand up..

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
24th May 2009, 12:14 AM
I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I can't trade over Wifi except when I leave my Pokemon to be traded. Even if I have the right Pokemon that the other person is requesting, I can't trade. :[

pokemaster001
24th May 2009, 3:13 AM
the bike slows down at the end of cycling road and starts again
every single time

Shine
24th May 2009, 4:36 AM
@Sharks
It is due to Platinum's GTS being stupid - it does not list the Level of the Pokemon requested. So you don't know what level of Dusknoir that person wants, for example.
I haven't play Plat, but I heard no matter what, Plat would always list the level as "any".

Currently the only way to trade via GTS more effectively (as in, quicker, as you know the level required, so if the level listed is not what you have, you can ignore it instead of checking) is by using D/P's GTS.

Pingouin7
24th May 2009, 4:43 AM
No, Shiny Trainer, it is possible to trade using Platinum on the GTS.

First, it doesn't lists every level requested as ANY.
Second, even without knowing the level, there are chances that the Pikachu you have in your box is high/low enough level to be accepted for trade for that Butterfree.

As a proof, I've traded for many Pokémon, including PKTOPIA Magmortar and Electivire and Saikyou Dragonite from GTS. My friend also traded for many Crescellia's.

Shine
24th May 2009, 5:00 AM
Ah, I see :)
Like I said, I only heard about the "any" part :p

Yes it is possible, but not effective (I should edit that into my earlier post :p) since there are chances that yours will not have the required level......

TurtwigFan1
24th May 2009, 11:30 AM
Not sure whether this is a glitch, but the trainers in the Pokémon Centers and the guy at the News Press aren't restarting. So they're not moving and he's not giving me any more Pokémon to find. Is this due to me switching to the DSi?

Rakurai
24th May 2009, 12:01 PM
Not sure whether this is a glitch, but the trainers in the Pokémon Centers and the guy at the News Press aren't restarting. So they're not moving and he's not giving me any more Pokémon to find. Is this due to me switching to the DSi?

Switching to another DS seems to produce the same effect as time traveling, where all the timed events are put on hold for a certain period of time before returning to normal.

I think it's a result of the fact that the game has to resync itself with the new DS's clock, which is mistaken for time traveling.

wichu
24th May 2009, 12:09 PM

Milotic's height is 20' 4" (6.2 metres), according to the Pokédex. I would say that that is a sensible estimate of its length. I don't think Milotic is actually 20 feet tall; that's 3 times the height of an adult man. Its 'height' is definitely actually its length.

Pingouin7
24th May 2009, 3:16 PM
Ah, I see :)
Like I said, I only heard about the "any" part :p

Yes it is possible, but not effective (I should edit that into my earlier post :p) since there are chances that yours will not have the required level......

And there are chances that yours will have the required level......

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
24th May 2009, 5:46 PM
Shiny Trainer and Pingouin- Thanks for that! I was hoping it had something to do with level or gender, instead of a problem with my game. :3

Emp
24th May 2009, 7:35 PM
I'm kinda worried about posting this, because it's something I'd call BS on if I was reading. Anyway, I'm a respectable member of both Bulbagarden and UPN (under the names Emp' and empoleon dynamite, respectively) so that should hopefully enforce the fact I am telling the truth and this is a genuine glitch.

I baught Platinum yesterday and have so far gotten to Wayward Cave with the following team:
Prinplup (Dynamite, Male, Lv.31)
Rotom (Tutsi-Roll, Genderless, Lv.26)
Togepi (Odysseus, Male, Lv.24)
Geodude and Pachirisu (HM Slaves)

Togepi is tough to train with its low level and Metronome unpredictability, so I decided pairing up with Mira in Wayward Cave would make for some easy training considering her Kadabra does most of the work and I don't have to bother with a Pokemon Center. I spent about a while training as my Togepi grew from Level 12-24, not doing much work considering Metronome would usually turn into a weak attack.

It was only recently that Togepi's Metronome turned into transform when battling an Onix that knew Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech and Rage. Kadabra had gotten KO'd, so I was messing about in a stall war with the Onix, hitting him with Rage and screech untill I ran out of PP. When the battle ended, I carried on training, only to find my Togepi retained Onix's moveset.

I was shocked to see this, considering I've never used an action replay in my life. There's no way this could've been done via cheating, so it has to be a glitch. Let me know if you need any additional info about the scenario.

- Emp

Steven ain't my even
24th May 2009, 10:39 PM
Switching to another DS seems to produce the same effect as time traveling, where all the timed events are put on hold for a certain period of time before returning to normal.

I think it's a result of the fact that the game has to resync itself with the new DS's clock, which is mistaken for time traveling.

That happened to me once on my emerald, it was great for training

Rakurai
24th May 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm kinda worried about posting this, because it's something I'd call BS on if I was reading. Anyway, I'm a respectable member of both Bulbagarden and UPN (under the names Emp' and empoleon dynamite, respectively) so that should hopefully enforce the fact I am telling the truth and this is a genuine glitch.

I baught Platinum yesterday and have so far gotten to Wayward Cave with the following team:
Prinplup (Dynamite, Male, Lv.31)
Rotom (Tutsi-Roll, Genderless, Lv.26)
Togepi (Odysseus, Male, Lv.24)
Geodude and Pachirisu (HM Slaves)

Togepi is tough to train with its low level and Metronome unpredictability, so I decided pairing up with Mira in Wayward Cave would make for some easy training considering her Kadabra does most of the work and I don't have to bother with a Pokemon Center. I spent about a while training as my Togepi grew from Level 12-24, not doing much work considering Metronome would usually turn into a weak attack.

It was only recently that Togepi's Metronome turned into transform when battling an Onix that knew Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech and Rage. Kadabra had gotten KO'd, so I was messing about in a stall war with the Onix, hitting him with Rage and screech untill I ran out of PP. When the battle ended, I carried on training, only to find my Togepi retained Onix's moveset.

I was shocked to see this, considering I've never used an action replay in my life. There's no way this could've been done via cheating, so it has to be a glitch. Let me know if you need any additional info about the scenario.

- Emp

I recall hearing a while back that the same glitch could occur in D/P if a Smeargle sketched Transform and used it, and also that you could regain the Pokemon's original moveset somehow (I think was by using a Pokemon Center, but I'm not certain).

As for a general cause, I'd guess it happens when a Pokemon that doesn't naturally learn Transform uses the move.

Wigglytuff FTW!
24th May 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure if this has been talked about since I skipped to the last page, but I found something cool that won't eff up your game.
If you have a Giratina in the PC, then give/take a Griseous orb, then the game won't calculate the differentiating stats, so if you level it up if it works, it said for me when I did this:
HP: +4
Att: +40
Defence +-38 (yes, plus then minus)
Sp. Att: +38
Sp. Def: +-40
It's kinda cool, I think, but it only works in the PC.

SerenadeSP
25th May 2009, 4:24 AM
Found a glitch in Platinum a couple weeks ago that I'm absolutely sure is in every Platinum game since it will work every single time!

When you fight Giratina in the Distortion World, it won't have a shadow. But if you throw a Pokeball at it and you fail to capture it. It will reappear and will have a shadow for the rest of the battle.

I think the reason that this happens is because Nintendo programmed Giratina's Origin Forme to only have a shadow when it appears out of a pokeball. I'm just guessing this is what happened, considering how it is also the only pokemon that's programmed to appear from the top of the screen too.

PKMN trainer Justin!
26th May 2009, 1:36 AM
When you begin the game, the HP meter box doesn't have the "tail" sticking out of the left hand side of it, it only appeared for me after my PokeMon got Paralyzed/poisoned. Weird.

wichu
29th May 2009, 1:03 PM
Apparently, in European versions of Platinum, Shadow Force doesn't protect you from attacks during Wi-Fi battles. I guess the same applies to Dig, Dive, and Fly...
Here's evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPzzmhmuwwU
Look at around 1:00.

Pingouin7
30th May 2009, 1:56 AM
wichu, what about.... Hacked Celebi to have No Guard?

Also, they're using an emulator, obviously.

Beotium
30th May 2009, 8:16 AM
That Infernape was also funny with twio Pokemon fainting by appearing(aside from the Death note reference) At least you see that it's hacked and played on an Emulator so I doubt that it happen on real versions...

scarecrow_stitches
30th May 2009, 8:33 AM
Thankfully I haven't experienced any glitches on my game yet.

Noctourniquet
30th May 2009, 2:57 PM
this may be a glitch in my game or i may just be doing something wrong, but EVs dont seem to be working with my newly caught Gible. i got it to hold an EXP share, then i took on 16 wild Machop(1 EV to attack). I think i am right in saying that this should mean that 16 EV in attack, gained from wild Machop using the EXP share = 4 Extra attack points gained upon level up without rare candy. IF SOME OF WHAT I JUST SAID IS WRONG, PLEASE TELL ME. However, upon leveling up, my Gible only gained 2 Attack points instead of the expected 4 or more. Please get back to me quickly, i really want to continue training this Gible but i want it to have a really good attack. hope what i said makes sense

burgaz62
30th May 2009, 3:29 PM
TheBlueRabbit Evs only effect the stat at level 100. So that means your pokemon won't gain the stat up straight away, but slowly over time.

Noctourniquet
30th May 2009, 3:33 PM
TheBlueRabbit Evs only effect the stat at level 100. So that means your pokemon won't gain the stat up straight away, but slowly over time.

so, its impossible for a pokemon at level 50 to show full EVs? they could only show half of there full EVs?

Miltank Lover
30th May 2009, 3:39 PM
this may be a glitch in my game or i may just be doing something wrong, but EVs dont seem to be working with my newly caught Gible. i got it to hold an EXP share, then i took on 16 wild Machop(1 EV to attack). I think i am right in saying that this should mean that 16 EV in attack, gained from wild Machop using the EXP share = 4 Extra attack points gained upon level up without rare candy. IF SOME OF WHAT I JUST SAID IS WRONG, PLEASE TELL ME. However, upon leveling up, my Gible only gained 2 Attack points instead of the expected 4 or more. Please get back to me quickly, i really want to continue training this Gible but i want it to have a really good attack. hope what i said makes sense

EV's don't get added immediately and since it were only 16 Attack Ev's you can't notice any difference yet. Just keep going and soon or later you will see the results of giving him Ev's in attack.

legendary collector
30th May 2009, 7:35 PM
EVERY time i turn on my platminum my pokemon emerald gets corrupted does this happen to any1 else?

Phoenix_Excess
30th May 2009, 8:38 PM
I don't know if my file is corrupt or something but for some reason my items have been magically dissappearing. I already lost a focus sash and macho brace and I didn't sell of drop them or anything they were on my pokemon one moment during a battle and the next they were gone. Can anyone explain this to me?

Lucario0708
30th May 2009, 8:55 PM
I don't know if my file is corrupt or something but for some reason my items have been magically dissappearing. I already lost a focus sash and macho brace and I didn't sell of drop them or anything they were on my pokemon one moment during a battle and the next they were gone. Can anyone explain this to me?

your opponent must have had thief or pluck which outside of GTS and BF and link battles, loses the item forever

legendary collector, what do you mean by corrupted? is it not working? is it cloning poekmon? are you unable to save? please clarify what happened

Phoenix_Excess
30th May 2009, 8:59 PM
your opponent must have had thief or pluck which outside of GTS and BF and link battles, loses the item forever

legendary collector, what do you mean by corrupted? is it not working? is it cloning poekmon? are you unable to save? please clarify what happened

I do think a IN-game person used pluck on me with my macho brace but no such thing happed on with my focus sash i just had it on a ninjask lead, battled someone and poof gone.

Noctourniquet
30th May 2009, 9:01 PM
this probally isnt a glitch, but I wanted to trade a pokemon from my Diamond version to my Platinum verson, but i only have one DS. So, i tried to do it using Wi-Fi in the GTS. However, when i went to recieve the pokemon in Platinum after putting it up for a trade in Diamond, it wasnt there. However, when i wenty back to diamond, it could still be removed from the GTS. Any advice?

Lucario0708
30th May 2009, 9:09 PM
phoenix, did the person use thief? or did YOU use fling? once u fling its gone

Pingouin7
30th May 2009, 11:28 PM
That Infernape was also funny with twio Pokemon fainting by appearing(aside from the Death note reference) At least you see that it's hacked and played on an Emulator so I doubt that it happen on real versions...

There isn't any graphical glitches if you play them on the console...

Pluck is for berries.

I do think a IN-game person used pluck on me with my macho brace but no such thing happed on with my focus sash i just had it on a ninjask lead, battled someone and poof gone.

No. Focus Sash is an one-use item.

Captain Noob
30th May 2009, 11:32 PM

A Focus Sash is "consumed" when used, i.e., it completely dissapears when activated, like a Berry (unless in Battle Tower etc.)
EDT: Lulz Pingouin 7 beat me to it.

I have a question; in Platinum, does anyone know if the GTS cloning glitch has gone? I find it hard to believe it's been completely eradicated. Also, what of tweaking? I think tweaking may have gone because the maps seem different; anyone noticed that Biking in Heathome is extremely jumpy?

wichu
31st May 2009, 12:04 PM
wichu, what about.... Hacked Celebi to have No Guard?

Also, they're using an emulator, obviously.

Hmm... I guess that's a possibility. But they recorded the battle on an actual console using the VS Recorder, then transferred their save to an emulator to make a high-quality video...

Vespiformation
31st May 2009, 10:17 PM
How do you do the clone glitch on platinum? I mean Iv seen on youtube some people doing things to do with action replay. But I was just wondering if it's the same as diamond and pearl? Just I don't want to risk doing it on platinum then find out you can't do it.

Pingouin7
31st May 2009, 10:28 PM
Hmm... I guess that's a possibility. But they recorded the battle on an actual console using the VS Recorder, then transferred their save to an emulator to make a high-quality video...

High quality battle with that many graphical glitches? I don't think so. And transfering a save to the computer IS hacking, since you can only do that with flash carts.

Captain Noob
1st June 2009, 1:27 PM
How do you do the clone glitch on platinum? I mean Iv seen on youtube some people doing things to do with action replay. But I was just wondering if it's the same as diamond and pearl? Just I don't want to risk doing it on platinum then find out you can't do it.

Apparantly the original, non-hacking GTS Glitch has been removed in Platinum, according to Bulbapedia. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_cloning) However, it just mentions it's been removed rather than really saying why. I'd take it as fact, but I personally don't see how it could be completely removed. Even so, yeah, currently it's impossible to clone in Platinum, but as always, someone'll always find a way of doing it at some point, especially with the need for back-up save files.

Zog the Stout
1st June 2009, 2:44 PM
EVERY time i turn on my platminum my pokemon emerald gets corrupted does this happen to any1 else?

I had that with a copy of Fire Red I bought once.

I'm willing to guess you
A) Haven't tried playing any other DS Game with Emerald in the DS
B) Didn't buy Emerald new

Because that means, bascially, you've got a Counterfeit game, and when you turn on a Legit DS game, the DS recognises it and eats your save file. Also, 99% of those Counterfeits will corrupt or eat the save file when you beat the E4, even if you preserve the save file (I.e Take the game out whenever you play a DS game) up until then.

Zog

wichu
1st June 2009, 5:56 PM
High quality battle with that many graphical glitches? I don't think so. And transfering a save to the computer IS hacking, since you can only do that with flash carts.

The battle was done on the actual game (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to go on Wi-Fi). Then it was recorded using the VS Recorder. Even though it's true that an external device must have been used to copy the save file, the actual battle is exactly the same whether it's played on the DS or an emulator. The graphical glitches are due to the computer not having the same graphics chip as a DS (hence some of the effects, such as transparency, are not reproducible). Besides, it was the opponent who has the possibly hacked Celebi, not the person who recorded it. Being recorded using an emulator does not mean that the Pokémon used are hacked.

I'm going to test this; my brother won a European copy of Platinum in the VGCs. I'll post whether or not it is possible without No Guard.

Gardevoir Girl
2nd June 2009, 7:06 PM
It's not much of a glitch, but I had Jolteon in my team and accidentally opened its summary, then closed it immediately - and its cry sounded on the party screen. It's happened every time since, and the same with Feraligatr, although it doesn't happen with any other Pokemon I've tested (the cry cuts off or the summary won't close until the cry stops).

Adeku
2nd June 2009, 7:11 PM
It's not much of a glitch, but I had Jolteon in my team and accidentally opened its summary, then closed it immediately - and its cry sounded on the party screen. It's happened every time since, and the same with Feraligatr, although it doesn't happen with any other Pokemon I've tested (the cry cuts off or the summary won't close until the cry stops).

That's pretty weird.... The only glitch I have experienced was the Acid Rain one in a wifi match. Its weird as hell! It does massive damage every turn.

Captain Noob
2nd June 2009, 7:13 PM

Hmm, weird, I had a similar glitch in D/P where the cry carried over to the next Pokémon while looking through boxes (they overlapped.) I don't know if it's why, but I noticed some cries in Platinum are (intentionally?) "delayed". Feraligatr's cry sounds a little after you select it, when it's mouth opens. Some other Pokémon do it too, like Chimchar, which cries when it jumps in the air. Because of the delay, it may be why it's carried over to the Party screen.

Vespiformation
2nd June 2009, 11:25 PM
Apparantly the original, non-hacking GTS Glitch has been removed in Platinum, according to Bulbapedia. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_cloning) However, it just mentions it's been removed rather than really saying why. I'd take it as fact, but I personally don't see how it could be completely removed. Even so, yeah, currently it's impossible to clone in Platinum, but as always, someone'll always find a way of doing it at some point, especially with the need for back-up save files.
kk they probs have got rid of it then, thanks anyway. i did go on the GTS and the 8th turn rule thingy wouldn't work anyway cos im sure it turned more times than that about 10 or 12. would be good though if you could clone, just i'll have to trade them over to diamond if i want to trade. i hope they find an easier way of cloning cos the GTS way is very hard.

Lifeline
3rd June 2009, 1:44 AM
I have a really strange glitch for you guys. :)

I was breeding a Ditto and a Porygon, for my team. I put them in daycare, and started going up and down on the route above and below solaceon town, like normal. I was doing this for like 5 min and clicking the Daycare checker on my Poketch every so often, but no egg came up on the screen. Both them were comaptible, but just to make sure I talked to the old man. He told me there was an egg, despite it not being on the screen. I was creeped out, and I thought it was a one time thing and I thought it'd just go away. I went up and down like normal waiting for the egg to hatch, again clicking the Daycare checker thing. No egg came up again. I talked to the old man, and he gave me another egg. I was hatching both of them now and this time, an egg came up on the touch screen and I was relieved. Every egg from then on was normal.

I hatched those two weirdo eggs and something really weird happened. Both had the same nature (the Ditto w/ everstone was Timid, these porygon were Hardy), and ability, Trace. I quickly checked their IVs. They were exactly the same.These Porygon were clones. =-O

I have tried to do this again, but I can't get it to happen again. It was really weird, and I still have no explanation for this.

Pingouin7
3rd June 2009, 1:55 AM
The battle was done on the actual game (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to go on Wi-Fi). Then it was recorded using the VS Recorder. Even though it's true that an external device must have been used to copy the save file, the actual battle is exactly the same whether it's played on the DS or an emulator. The graphical glitches are due to the computer not having the same graphics chip as a DS (hence some of the effects, such as transparency, are not reproducible). Besides, it was the opponent who has the possibly hacked Celebi, not the person who recorded it. Being recorded using an emulator does not mean that the Pokémon used are hacked.

I'm going to test this; my brother won a European copy of Platinum in the VGCs. I'll post whether or not it is possible without No Guard.

Some emulators can go on Wi-Fi. And the Celebi still is hacked and maybe it has No Guard.

I<3 You
3rd June 2009, 1:59 AM

I was breeding a Ditto and a Porygon, for my team. I put them in daycare, and started going up and down on the route above and below solaceon town, like normal. I was doing this for like 5 min and clicking the Daycare checker on my Poketch every so often, but no egg came up on the screen. Both them were comaptible, but just to make sure I talked to the old man. He told me there was an egg, despite it not being on the screen. I was creeped out, and I thought it was a one time thing and I thought it'd just go away. I went up and down like normal waiting for the egg to hatch, again clicking the Daycare checker thing. No egg came up again. I talked to the old man, and he gave me another egg. I was hatching both of them now and this time, an egg came up on the touch screen and I was relieved. Every egg from then on was normal.

I hatched those two weirdo eggs and something really weird happened. Both had the same nature (the Ditto w/ everstone was Timid, these porygon were Hardy), and ability, Trace. I quickly checked their IVs. They were exactly the same.These Porygon were clones. =-O

I have tried to do this again, but I can't get it to happen again. It was really weird, and I still have no explanation for this.

Not abnormal
Usually that happens when the Pokemon will be shiny.
I have gotten 5 shiny Charmanders in a row and several shiny larvitars.

;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;

Pingouin7
3rd June 2009, 2:00 AM
Lifeline: That is not a glitch, it's luck. And the egg simply was generated between the time you clicked the app and talked to the man.

Zenotwapal
3rd June 2009, 3:06 AM
Remember the Acid Weather Glitch everyone used to rave about?

It stilll hasn't been fixed, right?

Cause no one has made teams on it, exploited it, and done anything else on it.

Question about it:

Is there a clause on this glitch?
Can Rayquaza's Air Lock ability cancel out this glitch?

I would really like to know.

Kyogre Master V3.0
3rd June 2009, 10:10 PM
Just googled it and apparently Rayquaza, Clefable and Golduck (w/ Cloud Nine) are all immune, but they don't stop the freak weather.

Kyogre Master V3.0
3rd June 2009, 10:11 PM
Just googled it and apparently Rayquaza, Clefable and Golduck (w/ Cloud Nine) are all immune, but they don't stop the freak weather.

randomspot555
3rd June 2009, 11:27 PM
You can't really make a clause for a glitch that player(s) can't prevent

I remember the guy who organizes the tournaments saying that the official tournaments will "deal with it if needed", but the e-mail response didn't say much more than that.

Pingouin7
4th June 2009, 2:38 AM
How can they deal with it without banning the people? They can't ban switching, Pursuit and the wheater moves... What if it happens by accident?

wichu
4th June 2009, 1:32 PM
Some emulators can go on Wi-Fi. And the Celebi still is hacked and maybe it has No Guard.
As far as I know, no emulators can use Wi-Fi. And you have no proof that Celebi is hacked.

That's really strange. Mind giving the exact IVs of them? Are you sure they're identical? I'm guessing it's just luck, and they don't have the same, just similar IVs...

Not abnormal
Usually that happens when the Pokemon will be shiny.
I have gotten 5 shiny Charmanders in a row and several shiny larvitars.

;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;
Actually, this shouldn't happen. The random number generator would have advanced by the time the second egg was obtained, so each one should be different. Especially since the nature and IVs are both generated at different times, and use different random number generators... I think it's just coincidence.

I don't think the weather glitch has been fixed; I remember seeing a video of it in a Spanish game or something. I guess if it happens in an official tournament, they'd either play on or restart the match...

Noctourniquet
4th June 2009, 7:05 PM
what is the acid rain glitch, and how does it work? because im looking for new team ideas and i may build one around it...

SerenadeSP
4th June 2009, 9:32 PM
what is the acid rain glitch, and how does it work? because im looking for new team ideas and i may build one around it...

It's when a pokemon is OHKO'd by Pursuit while a weather is going on(sandstorm,hail,etc.). It causes the Pokemon to be hurt by their own abilities 4 times(except for the ones listed above) and Castform and Cherrim get stuck in an infinite cycle.

As far as making a team around it DON'T! People will hate you for abusing a glitch during a competitive battle.

Pingouin7
5th June 2009, 3:25 AM
And you have no proof that Celebi is hacked.

Yes, I have. A Pok&#233;mon that uses a move and it hits when a Pok&#233;mon uses a go-away-then-hit move isn't possible without No Guard. Celebi can't get No Guard. And don't go and say "Oh maybe they made it possible in European games!" There's no reason to do that, since that would disadvantage players with a Japanese or English game.

Oh, and before you go saying that they removed the Game Corner slots in European Platinum, the Game Corner isn't online and affects nothing on Wi-Fi.

Vespiformation
5th June 2009, 10:37 PM
I don't understand what this acid rain pursuit glitch thingy is.

The Mighty Wurmple
8th June 2009, 4:25 AM
Well, I was in the Battle Factory with a Dragonite of mine with Inner Focus.
Pokemon (can't remember, WASN'T Cranidos/Rampardos) used Rock Slide and made me flinch. O.o

Was up against a Jynx with my Metagross, and its Forewarn warned it of Zen Headbutt.
O.o

wichu
8th June 2009, 1:44 PM
Yes, I have. A Pokémon that uses a move and it hits when a Pokémon uses a go-away-then-hit move isn't possible without No Guard. Celebi can't get No Guard. And don't go and say "Oh maybe they made it possible in European games!" There's no reason to do that, since that would disadvantage players with a Japanese or English game.

Oh, and before you go saying that they removed the Game Corner slots in European Platinum, the Game Corner isn't online and affects nothing on Wi-Fi.

Fine, then. But the main point of a glitch is that they did it accidentally, so that's your argument that they wouldn't put it in to disadvantage other players gone... Anyway, would you be able to tell whether Leech Seed and Thunder Wave hitting was due to a glitch, or a hacked Celebi with No Guard? I don't think you could tell, unless Celebi was statused and switched out...
But I tested this with my brother's European Platinum (hosting), and my American one. I had his Tropius use Fly, and attacked it a few times. Fly worked normally. So it probably was a hacked Celebi.
However, to make sure, I'll probably do some more testing. Firstly, I'll need to find another European Platinum. Secondly, I'll need to get a Giratina (in Origin Forme). And finally, I should use Wi-Fi to test it, instead of local wireless.

Anyway, I spotted another glitch (this time, indisputable). I'm not sure if anyone's already posted it, but I'll post it anyway. On the Town Map, go to Route 212, two tiles west of Pastoria City. In the zoomed-in view, it says:

There is a house here whose residents offer to trade TMs for Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green Shards.
This is true in D/P. However, in Platinum, this was replaced by a move tutor, and the TMs are obtainable elsewhere. They forgot to change the text, though, so it still has the same (now incorrect) description in Platinum.

Ze DreamGirl
8th June 2009, 1:54 PM
Really ? In my Platinum version (French) It tells the number of shards needed but not the name of the TMs...

wichu
8th June 2009, 1:56 PM
Wait, are you understanding me correctly? On the Town Map (not in the actual house), it says that when you hover over it. It doesn't say anything about the names of the TMs. The French translator might have spotted the error, though; I know that in my brother's European English game, it still says you get TMs.

Ze DreamGirl
8th June 2009, 2:03 PM
Ah my mistake...! I have to check on the map, I suppose we have to zoom...but I don't remember how to do it...

Pingouin7
9th June 2009, 2:34 AM
You click on the yellow icon on the touch screen.

Shadowed Darkrai
10th June 2009, 4:27 AM
I haven't seen any glitches yet, unless you consider it glitched that a level 100 Rampardos was faster than my level 100 Infernape.

EDIT: I checked. The Rampardos had no items, and there's NO WAY it could have 292 Speed without an item. It's max Speed was around 210-220 or so. (This, by the way, was in my battle against the Factory Head in the Battle Frontier.) I can't believe I lost because of that glitch.

randomspot555
10th June 2009, 5:34 AM
I haven't seen any glitches yet, unless you consider it glitched that a level 100 Rampardos was faster than my level 100 Infernape.

Choice scarf.

Or you have crappy IVS/didn't EV train/etc

Noctourniquet
10th June 2009, 9:54 PM
a while ago, i hit a gible with confuse ray while trying to catch it. It immediately hit me with a Dragon Rage, showing absolutely NO signs of confusion.

KingRaichu
11th June 2009, 1:17 AM
I've been wondering about a particular subject for a while but could find no satisfactory answers. How are bad EGGS created again and is it possible to have 1 in Platinum?

TrainerAlec
11th June 2009, 2:08 PM
The pokeradar/chaining doesnt work anymore. When I use the pokeradar the grass will shake ill go to the pile fight the poke in there but even with max repels on it still doesnt work and the very next pile of shaky grass will be a different poke. I also noticed when I was going through coronet to catch dialaga my repels wouldnt work.

twyangziie
11th June 2009, 2:29 PM
So far so good, I never had any glitches from any games before so I'm glad .

Captain Noob
11th June 2009, 2:56 PM
The pokeradar/chaining doesnt work anymore. When I use the pokeradar the grass will shake ill go to the pile fight the poke in there but even with max repels on it still doesnt work and the very next pile of shaky grass will be a different poke. I also noticed when I was going through coronet to catch dialaga my repels wouldnt work.

Doesn't make a difference what type of Repel you have - it depends on the first Pokémon in your team. A Repel stops Pokémon that are a lower level appearing. If the level is the same or higher, you'll still get confronted. Therefore, put a high level Poké at the front. Also, the Pokéradar should otherwise work fine. If it still doesn't, you just have terrible luck (or the game's broken or something).

BTW Super Repels are more cost-effective for every step compared to Max Repels.

NotChip
11th June 2009, 10:57 PM
1. A confused Pokemon doesn't test for the confusion if it uses pursuit on a switching enemy.

2. If you encounter a wild roaming Pokemon then switch out to a Wobbufett - the roaming Pokemon will still flee that turn.
This annoyed me because I was chasing the legendary trio of birds with my Salamence to smack them before they fled unless I saw Articuno (who was on red HP and paralysed) and so when I encounterd it, I switched to hold it in place but it then bugured off!

Oh and I'm also not pleased about them knowing "roost", so I can't even do the Wobbufett stall anyway since they're likely to roost to full HP making cataching impossible.
I'm coming back with a Gengar that knows Spite and Mean look. That should hopefully solve my problems.

K-B-K
12th June 2009, 12:30 AM
This isnt a big glitch (or maybe not even one for that matter.) but Earthquake does damage to Mew. :\ Was probably like this in D/P too.

jd kids
12th June 2009, 12:41 AM
Is there a platinum cloning glitch?

Pingouin7
12th June 2009, 1:54 AM
This isnt a big glitch (or maybe not even one for that matter.) but Earthquake does damage to Mew. :\ Was probably like this in D/P too.

Mew got Synchronize, not levitate...

TrainerAlec
12th June 2009, 2:54 AM
Doesn't make a difference what type of Repel you have - it depends on the first Pok&#233;mon in your team. A Repel stops Pok&#233;mon that are a lower level appearing. If the level is the same or higher, you'll still get confronted. Therefore, put a high level Pok&#233; at the front. Also, the Pok&#233;radar should otherwise work fine. If it still doesn't, you just have terrible luck (or the game's broken or something).

BTW Super Repels are more cost-effective for every step compared to Max Repels.

No Im using a level 100 at the top of my party. Thanks for the tip btw

itsme
12th June 2009, 4:16 AM
In Battle Factory I had a Infernape, holding a Coba Berry, U-turn a Lapras and then switched into a Dewgong, holding a Razor Fang. The Lapras flinched to my U-turn and was wondering if Dewgong's Razor Fang came into effect or is this a glitch.

milo05
12th June 2009, 4:59 AM
Wow, lol, i found a glitch while trying to catch Regigiga, when it broke off the pokeball, it crys again, when he was crying, i put my DS on sleep mode, and the sound restarted, lol, i did it again and again and carry the cry to the battle screem XD, so, when i was tapping to make an attack, i could hear the cry xD.

jssnike4eva
12th June 2009, 9:00 AM
platinum cloning glitch?? is there any new cloning glitches since they have fixed the previous one from D/P

K-B-K
12th June 2009, 10:27 AM
Mew got Synchronize, not levitate...

I know but it still is abit silly.

NotChip
12th June 2009, 5:56 PM
A Charizard digging underground and avoiding an erathquake is what I would also call silly.
I hope these "silly" things get sorted out in the 5th gen.

Pingouin7
12th June 2009, 10:23 PM
I know but it still is abit silly.

Then why do you post it there?

KingRaichu
13th June 2009, 5:19 PM
I hgighly doubt this is a glitch, but, for some reason, i can hit a Magnezone with Earthquake. Do they not have Levitate? Please correct me if i am wrong.

pokemaster001
13th June 2009, 5:26 PM
I hgighly doubt this is a glitch, but, for some reason, i can hit a Magnezone with Earthquake. Do they not have Levitate? Please correct me if i am wrong.
otherwise magnezone would be a little too good, with fire fighting and ground as its only weaknesses and electric adding to the ground effect (in fact, at the moment I'm not even sure if it has any neutural types other than water)
not all pokemon in the air have levitate because it's already overused enough and it's unfair to ground types

Beotium
13th June 2009, 11:42 PM

No Magnezone has the Magnetpull and Sturdy-Ability.
However it can learn Magnet Rise to change it's ability to Levitate for 5 turns...

Luxe
14th June 2009, 3:25 AM
Some of the trees in my game are nice and pointy and some of them are ugly with love handles like the ones found in D/P. Is this supposed to be that way, or is it just my game? Also, does anyone else chew on the end of their stylus? Its a bad habit, but seriously, the thick part that you can use to extract it from the DS is in my mouth atm, which is why I dont let other ppl play my DS.

Visual
14th June 2009, 6:21 AM
I am in the Trophy Garden. Mr. Backlot said he saw a Minun but I encountered a Plusle. Glitch?

EDIT1: I just caught a Minun.
EDIT2: Another Plusle showed up.

Tadashi
14th June 2009, 6:27 AM
A Charizard digging underground and avoiding an erathquake is what I would also call silly.

Charizard is part Flying-type.

Thus explaining why it would not be affected by a GROUND-TYPE MOVE, Dig.

=\

Tyranitar trainer
14th June 2009, 11:52 AM
I am in the Trophy Garden. Mr. Backlot said he saw a Minun but I encountered a Plusle. Glitch?

EDIT1: I just caught a Minun.
EDIT2: Another Plusle showed up.

Was Plusle the pokemon he said yesterday because if so you can still find it It just has like a 2 or 1% find rate

NotChip
14th June 2009, 3:12 PM
Charizard is part Flying-type.

Thus explaining why it would not be affected by a GROUND-TYPE MOVE, Dig.

=\

You're missing the point, flying types are meant to avoid ground attacks because they are flying and thus not near the ground.
When you dig underground you're not just touching the ground but you're in it and confined to it!
You should never be able to avoid an earthquake by digging under the ground, for one its WORSE to be underground in an earthquake then on the surface due to caving in tunnels, more vilent shockwaves and the game has even represented this by making it do double damage to those that had used "dig".

I know that due to the game's mechanics flying types and those with "levitate" get off scot free using dig before an earthquake but its just silly and I think it needs to be removed - same with ground types getting paralyzed by the ELECTRIC ability "static".

PokeFan2009
14th June 2009, 4:38 PM
well.... i DID find a small glitch. but i think it was lucky bcuz i couldnt do it again.
when i bought the chandelier for the Resort House, the game froze and the delivery guy was standing on the chandelier. i was like O_O ooooookayyy...

żRay?
14th June 2009, 5:54 PM
I know that due to the game's mechanics flying types and those with "levitate" get off scot free using dig before an earthquake but its just silly and I think it needs to be removed - same with ground types getting paralyzed by the ELECTRIC ability "static".

Hahaha! I thought that was hilarious! I was in a tournament with my brother and some friends of mine, and my brother had a Flygon that knew Dig. He dug underground and on the next turn the other guy used Earthquake. It didn't affect him because he still has levitate! We all thought it was hilarious.

randomspot555
14th June 2009, 7:13 PM
Hahaha! I thought that was hilarious! I was in a tournament with my brother and some friends of mine, and my brother had a Flygon that knew Dig. He dug underground and on the next turn the other guy used Earthquake. It didn't affect him because he still has levitate! We all thought it was hilarious.

Yeah. But it isn't a glitch, it's part of the game mechanics. Someone underground and gets hit by Earthquake simply gets double the damage. Dig-Toxic Flygon with a bunch of defensive EVs can also be great at stalling, since Flygon is the only user of Dig who gets STAB with it but won't get hurt by Earthquake.

And for someone with a Flying type or Levitate ability, 2 x 0 = 0.

Black Metal
14th June 2009, 11:43 PM
This may just be my luck and not really a glitch in the game but, during battles my attacks do not make sounds on the opponent, but their attacks make sounds, and my pokemon have cries yet the opponents don't. It plays completely fine other than those litte sound issues.
After doing some research (just now before I posted this) it seems that the issue is only present on my DS Lite and not my Original DS.
Anyone heard of anything like this?

EDIT: Broken Speaker

Noctourniquet
15th June 2009, 12:10 AM
This may just be my luck and not really a glitch in the game but, during battles my attacks do not make sounds on the opponent, but their attacks make sounds, and my pokemon have cries yet the opponents don't. It plays completely fine other than those litte sound issues.

After doing some research (just now before I posted this) it seems that the issue is only present on my DS Lite and not my Original DS.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Weird....I transferred from DS to DS Lite a while ago and never has any issues. It is possible that the DS Lite only has one speaker working as your Pokemon's sounds only come out of one speaker while your opponents' come out of the other during battle. Play with headphones on to see if this is the problem.

wichu
15th June 2009, 1:42 PM
Try changing the game's audio setting to Mono instead of Stereo.

ungulateman
15th June 2009, 1:57 PM
This probably isn't a glitch, but Submission hits Pokemon who are using Fly / Bounce / etc.

But as I was saying, It's probably a game mechanic.

Visual
15th June 2009, 4:01 PM
Was Plusle the pokemon he said yesterday because if so you can still find it It just has like a 2 or 1% find rate

Well, he did said Plusle once and then I didn't visit him again until yesterday, so that might be the case. Plusle did show up quite frequently, though. More than Minun, maybe. Thanks, by the way!

Noctourniquet
15th June 2009, 6:55 PM
This probably isn't a glitch, but Submission hits Pokemon who are using Fly / Bounce / etc.

But as I was saying, It's probably a game mechanic.

This IS a glitch, unless you were using a Pokemon with No Guard (no hits can miss, even if the opponent pokemon is not in the battlefield, i.e flying. Im not sure if this works with shadow force though...

Pingouin7
15th June 2009, 8:37 PM
I went on the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift yesterday, and the connection wasn't all that good.

Then it said there was a gift named ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" That could be downloaded. I pressed "Yes", and the Touch Screen just remained black and I had to shut off the NDS...

elderbro
16th June 2009, 4:46 AM
Anyway, has anyone else experienced a text glitch with the Black Belt in Victory Road (in the part leading to Route 224)? After I beat him, his 'after-battle speech' was just a few random letters. I've heard of somebody else experiencing this (or at least something similar), so I was wondering whether it's a glitch in all copies of Platinum.

I have experienced that glitch also. I want to know what he's supposed to say. I just got a Bunch of spaces and a couple f's and b's.

Pingouin7
16th June 2009, 3:35 PM
Strangely, this hasn't happened to me.

Wich version of the game do you have? (US, UK, JPN)

Darkrai's Nightmare
16th June 2009, 9:10 PM
I have a problem.(Might have asked this before, but don't think so...)

My Gracedia doesn't make my Shiny Shaymin go Sky Forme. It works on my regular Shaymin, but not the Shiny one. I know it's legit, it's not frozen or anything, I don't think I have ever even used it in a battle. I tried it on a normal Shaymin that isn't the TRU one and it worked,and has worked on a number of Shaymin.Every one BUT the shiny one. Help!

Noctourniquet
16th June 2009, 9:26 PM
I have a problem.(Might have asked this before, but don't think so...)

My Gracedia doesn't make my Shiny Shaymin go Sky Forme. It works on my regular Shaymin, but not the Shiny one. I know it's legit, it's not frozen or anything, I don't think I have ever even used it in a battle. I tried it on a normal Shaymin that isn't the TRU one and it worked,and has worked on a number of Shaymin.Every one BUT the shiny one. Help!

Sounds like a coding problem to me; they may have coded something like this;
<Activate_Event_Gracadia>Shaymin, Sky_Shaymin</Activate_Event_Gracadia>
As you can see here, Shiny_Shaymin (or whatever they call it) is not included so it may not be activated. Im probably wrong but thats all i can think of :\

Pingouin7
16th June 2009, 11:46 PM
No. The only Shaymins that can transform into the Sky Form are those caught in Platinum and the TRU/Eigakan/Movie11/etc. ones, since they have the Fateful Encounter mark on them.

I'm not sure if the Fateful Encounter on the Flower Paradise Shaymin loose their "Fateful Encounter" When they get traded, but if your Shaymin wasn't caught in Platinum in your game, then it can't transform. As simple as that.

(And no, they don't use HTML to code the games. Stop dreaming. It isn't that simple.)

Chimecho3000
16th June 2009, 11:51 PM
I've been away from Pokemon for a bit...

Is the 'Acid Rain' glitch and the Regi infinite battle glitch active in the english versions?

KingRaichu
17th June 2009, 12:02 AM
otherwise magnezone would be a little too good, with fire fighting and ground as its only weaknesses and electric adding to the ground effect (in fact, at the moment I'm not even sure if it has any neutural types other than water)
not all pokemon in the air have levitate because it's already overused enough and it's unfair to ground types

I suppose so...but ground types most often have other means of offense...still...

Noctourniquet
17th June 2009, 12:07 AM
No. The only Shaymins that can transform into the Sky Form are those caught in Platinum and the TRU/Eigakan/Movie11/etc. ones, since they have the Fateful Encounter mark on them.

I'm not sure if the Fateful Encounter on the Flower Paradise Shaymin loose their "Fateful Encounter" When they get traded, but if your Shaymin wasn't caught in Platinum in your game, then it can't transform. As simple as that.

(And no, they don't use HTML to code the games. Stop dreaming. It isn't that simple.)

I wasnt talking about HTML, I was using XML code xD

Darkrai's Nightmare
17th June 2009, 3:24 AM

So the only way to get a shiny one is to SR on Platinum, when the Oak's Letter is released?

Pikamiki
17th June 2009, 7:43 PM
Well, I don't know if this counts as a glitch, but I planted some berries and changed the time by an hour. The berries have remained stuck in the ground even though more than 24hours have passed.

Filana
17th June 2009, 7:58 PM
When I managed to get my 1st silver print at the frontier, I could buy both of the statues for in the villa.

Pingouin7
18th June 2009, 2:08 AM
It is normal... >_> The first statue is for when you battle at least once in each facilities, the second one is when you get your first Silver Print, and the last one is when you get all Gold/Silver prints.

Pikamiki: ...No. You changed the time, and the berries didn't start to grow. They just haven't passed the buried stade yet.

Oh, and what is the infinite regi-battling glitch? I've never heard of it, and it's not on Youtube.

I wasnt talking about HTML, I was using XML code xD

Actually, HTML is with <> and </>.

Armored Zangoose
18th June 2009, 2:28 AM
While most wild magikarp from the super rod are level 40, I caught one that was level 70 at the Resort Area. Is this a glitch?

Alloute
18th June 2009, 2:31 AM
While most wild magikarp from the super rod are level 40, I caught one that was level 70 at the Resort Area. Is this a glitch?

No. Magikarp from the Resort Area can be caught from levels 1-100 I believe.

The main site has accurate information.

wichu
18th June 2009, 10:10 AM
It is normal... >_> The first statue is for when you battle at least once in each facilities, the second one is when you get your first Silver Print, and the last one is when you get all Gold/Silver prints.

Pikamiki: ...No. You changed the time, and the berries didn't start to grow. They just haven't passed the buried stade yet.

Oh, and what is the infinite regi-battling glitch? I've never heard of it, and it's not on Youtube.

Actually, HTML is with <> and </>.

The Regi-battling 'glitch' occurs if you KO Regice, Regirock or Registeel. Going out of the cave, then back in, will allow you to rebattle it. I doubt this is a glitch, as a similar thing happens to all legendaries in Platinum (except that you have to beat the Elite 4, not just change your location).

And yes, the only way to get a shiny Sky Forme Shaymin is to SR on Platinum. As there has never been an Oak's Letter event in D/P (and never will be), Platinum is programmed to treat any Shaymin caught in D/P as hacked (and therefore unable to transform). And of course, the event Shaymin cannot be shiny.

Doesn't XML use <> and </> too?

Filana
18th June 2009, 2:07 PM

When I checked serebii for villa stuff it says you need 1 silver print for 1st statue, and you need all 10 prints for the last statue... It's alittle confusing xD

SpecialAcez
18th June 2009, 3:51 PM
When I checked serebii for villa stuff it says you need 1 silver print for 1st statue, and you need all 10 prints for the last statue... It's alittle confusing xD

I managed to get the first statue after obtaining my first Silver Print and I got the other statue after getting my second Silver print xD

Pingouin7
18th June 2009, 6:06 PM
No. Magikarp from the Resort Area can be caught from levels 1-100 I believe.

The main site has accurate information.

... No. The main site says that Magikarp can be caught at Iron Island at a Maximum level of 2 and a minumum level of 500.

Also, the main site states that you need to get one Silver Print to get one statue, and all Gold prints to get the other statue. But actually, you can just battle once in each facility and there is a 3rd statue.

The Regi-battling 'glitch' occurs if you KO Regice, Regirock or Registeel. Going out of the cave, then back in, will allow you to rebattle it. I doubt this is a glitch, as a similar thing happens to all legendaries in Platinum (except that you have to beat the Elite 4, not just change your location).

It doesn't happens with every legendary. Only the Regis and Giratina. If you KO the Regi, you can just go back and catch it there, since it's location is there. If you KO Giratina, it'll be in Turnback Cave.
You'll see that if you ever cheat to reach TurnBack Cave before having beaten the E4, Giratina will be there. It has nothing to do with E4, it's just that an event makes it appear there.

elderbro
19th June 2009, 2:44 PM
Wich version of the game do you have? (US, UK, JPN)

It's the US version. Well a version bought in Canada is considered the US version, right?

psyrose3
19th June 2009, 4:00 PM
...Um...I just took the 5 Maid sweep challenge. The target number of turns was 7. I beat them in 6 turns. Why did the woman say:

"How dissapointing,"?!?

Surfing_Pikachu
19th June 2009, 4:29 PM
When I was looking up Garchomps on the GTS, something really weird came up. It was a level 40 Garchomp asking for a Spiritomb, only the sprite showed Spiritomb instead of Garchomp. When I tried to trade with it, it wouldn't let me. I don't remember the exact text, but said something along the lines of this pokemon has been taken.

EspeonMaster
19th June 2009, 7:28 PM
Can you perform the tweaking glitch?(I am not interested in performing it.I am just asking)

Dizzee
19th June 2009, 8:02 PM
@ psyrose;
You have to beat them in exactly 7 turns, not more or less.

@surfing pikachu;

That means someone else already traded a spiritomb for that garchomp

JosJuice
19th June 2009, 8:34 PM
Can you perform the tweaking glitch?(I am not interested in performing it.I am just asking)
It's not possible on Platinum.

Pingouin7
20th June 2009, 12:52 AM
The Tweaking Glitch is possible in Platinum... &#172;_&#172;

TehChriz
20th June 2009, 2:54 AM
... No. The main site says that Magikarp can be caught at Iron Island at a Maximum level of 2 and a minumum level of 500.

Er, What?

Magikarp are obtainable from the resort area from level 1, to 100, as stated.

All your post did was confuse me.

EspeonMaster
20th June 2009, 8:39 AM
It doesn't really matter...

litchfield
20th June 2009, 9:30 AM
When I was in GTS I was asking for a Kyogre but I found a Deoxys Sprite in one offer.

VentKazemaru
20th June 2009, 4:21 PM
Even if you don't have the event shaymin.You can get the grecidea,if it's captured in a cherish ball,assuming you cheat that is.it has to be platinum though.

JosJuice
20th June 2009, 6:17 PM
Even if you don't have the event shaymin.You can get the grecidea,if it's captured in a cherish ball,assuming you cheat that is.it has to be platinum though.
A legit Japanese Platinum Oak's Letter Shaymin can be used to obtain the Gracidea, and it isn't in a Cherish Ball.

Pingouin7
20th June 2009, 9:58 PM
A Pelipper used Roost, then I used Aura Sphere, but it said "It's not very effective." I thought Roost removed the Flying type for one turn? 0_o

Also, Cherish Balls have nothing to do with the events.
All the game looks for is "Fateful Encounter" in the Pok&#233;mon Info.

Er, What?

Magikarp are obtainable from the resort area from level 1, to 100, as stated.

All your post did was confuse me.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/129.shtml#platinum

Look up Iron Island on that page. It says Magikarp can be caught at a maximum level of 2 and a minimum level of 510. That's a proof that Serebii don't have only good information.

Besides, where did you see me say "Magikarp cannot be caught at Lv. 100 in Resort Area"?

Darkrai's Nightmare
21st June 2009, 12:59 AM
When I was in GTS I was asking for a Kyogre but I found a Deoxys Sprite in one offer.
That usually happens when the trade has been done, and hasn't been taken off the GTS yet. It's the same in D/P.

TR_Jessie
21st June 2009, 1:41 AM
Just today, I was battling with my Cresselia and Ursaring up against a Swalot and Slaking in a double battle with the AI players.

Now, Swalot had used Gastro acid on slaking, and slaking used bulk up or something. Then, Swalot used sludgebomb on Cresselia and his slaking tried to attack ursaring, but it used protect, while Cresselia used Trick Room.

After that, Urasaring used Earthquake, and it hit Cresselia!
I have no idea why, so can someone please give me their opinion on this?

Pingouin7
21st June 2009, 1:49 AM
Maybe because... Swalot used Gastro Acid on you while you weren't looking? >_>

TR_Jessie
21st June 2009, 1:56 AM
Maybe because... Swalot used Gastro Acid on you while you weren't looking? >_>

Um, no..... the attacks it used the entire battle were gastro acid (on foe's regigigas), then stockpile, then stockpile again, then gastro acid (on foe's slaking), then sludge bomb (on my cresselia) then sludge bomb again (on my Cresselia)

TehChriz
21st June 2009, 2:15 AM
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/129.shtml#platinum

Look up Iron Island on that page. It says Magikarp can be caught at a maximum level of 2 and a minimum level of 510. That's a proof that Serebii don't have only good information.

Besides, where did you see me say "Magikarp cannot be caught at Lv. 100 in Resort Area"?

Right, sorry that was my mistake
I must have misread.

But yeah i noticed that.

Pingouin7
21st June 2009, 4:31 AM
Um, no..... the attacks it used the entire battle were gastro acid (on foe's regigigas), then stockpile, then stockpile again, then gastro acid (on foe's slaking), then sludge bomb (on my cresselia) then sludge bomb again (on my Cresselia)

Yes, but if he used a move and you didn't notice, then you wouldn't know about it, right?

Disfunction51
21st June 2009, 4:16 PM
I was breeding Houndour yesterday and when I hatch one I go to check it's nature and I notice it says caught in Jubilife City at Lv 5. I was in Solaceon town at the time and it was Lv 1 when hatched just like normal. Anyone have an explanation.

EDIT: Just happened again but with an Eevee but since then it has stopped. It's really weird. Is my game glitched or something?

wichu
21st June 2009, 6:01 PM
It doesn't happens with every legendary. Only the Regis and Giratina. If you KO the Regi, you can just go back and catch it there, since it's location is there. If you KO Giratina, it'll be in Turnback Cave.
You'll see that if you ever cheat to reach TurnBack Cave before having beaten the E4, Giratina will be there. It has nothing to do with E4, it's just that an event makes it appear there.
Yes, it does work with all legendaries. My brother KOed Dialga on Spear Pillar so he could catch Palkia. After beating the Elite Four (not before), he could fight Dialga at Spear Pillar again.

A Pelipper used Roost, then I used Aura Sphere, but it said "It's not very effective." I thought Roost removed the Flying type for one turn? 0_o
Did Pelipper move first? It doesn't remove it for one turn, it removes it for the rest of the current turn.

Pingouin7
21st June 2009, 8:44 PM
You can catch Dialga and Palkia before the E4? Shouldn't you have to beat the E4, then get the orbs from Mt. Coronet, then talk to the elder of Celestic Town?

ungulateman
23rd June 2009, 7:48 AM
OK, this is just weird. A Machoke hit me with Cross Chop while I was using Fly.

Does No Guard do that, or is my game f'ed up?

Erienne
23rd June 2009, 7:56 AM
I think that No Guard does that, actually.

Pingouin7
23rd June 2009, 11:10 PM
1- Go into your bag.
2- Click any pocket icon on the touch screen.
3- Rapidly click that same button then another one.
4- The items shown won't change immediately like they should.

Krecher
24th June 2009, 12:13 AM
My friends Empoleon turned into a Munchlax during a battle...and it was still a Munchlax after the battle. Had to restart his ds and it was Empoleon again.

mew0123
24th June 2009, 7:42 PM
I put one of my pokemon in the GTS and went back to check it, and it said it fled. So now my pokemon is gone..

SpecialAcez
24th June 2009, 8:37 PM
I put one of my pokemon in the GTS and went back to check it, and it said it fled. So now my pokemon is gone..

That's because you left your pokemon for a long period of time in the GTS. Do you really expect Nintendo to keep data of your Pokemon stored for months?

itsme
25th June 2009, 9:02 AM
Found this out while playing around with the ball stickers but I can't seem to get the unown stickers from v~z,! and ? stickers. Every time I go and talk to him, it says he gave me the stickers, and I have them added in when I check the number of stickers I have in my sticker box. Most likely a glitch?

Ohayo, Minn-chan
1st July 2009, 9:05 AM
Something wierd happened, I checked my wooper at the pc and his picture was like messed up snow but I went back and it was normal. Something happened when I was on my bike the graphics got messed up for a second.

Tad
2nd July 2009, 7:12 PM
I have found a glitch with the resort house I think.
I was able to buy the second pokemon statue (for getting all ten battle frontier prints) when I had 3 of the silver prints.
Any reason for this ? ;000;

Absolclaw
2nd July 2009, 7:19 PM
I have just found one... I was fighting against a Magmortar on the pokemon league using a Salamence. Magmortar used Tunderbolt and it did "not very effective" damage!!

Dizzee
2nd July 2009, 7:42 PM
I have just found one... I was fighting against a Magmortar on the pokemon league using a Salamence. Magmortar used Tunderbolt and it did "not very effective" damage!!

Did you use Roost with salamence? If you did, you'll lose the flying typing.
After roost, Salamence becomes Dragon only for a turn...

Absolclaw
2nd July 2009, 8:15 PM
Did you use Roost with salamence? If you did, you'll lose the flying typing.
After roost, Salamence becomes Dragon only for a turn...

Ohh ok (I did use it...) Thanks
;359;

Pingouin7
3rd July 2009, 6:01 PM
I have found a glitch with the resort house I think.
I was able to buy the second pokemon statue (for getting all ten battle frontier prints) when I had 3 of the silver prints.
Any reason for this ? ;000;

There is three statues...

One for completing a challenge in each of the battle facilities, one for earning one Silver symbol, and the last one for getting every Gold Symbol.

Tad
3rd July 2009, 8:16 PM
There is three statues...

One for completing a challenge in each of the battle facilities, one for earning one Silver symbol, and the last one for getting every Gold Symbol.

There can't be :S
I planted the last of my 50 berries today and the delivery guy said hes sorry but theres no more items etc. after id bought the wall clock

Pingouin7
4th July 2009, 12:48 AM
Where in my damn post did I talk about planting berries?

TotalPotato
4th July 2009, 1:21 AM
Something weird happened to me when I battled a hiker. His Onix used Rage, then my Bronzor used Confuse Ray to confuse Onix. But the next turn, Onix used Rage again, showing no signs of having been confused to begin with. No "Onix is confused!" or "Onix snapped out of confusion!" message - nothing.

Kreis
4th July 2009, 1:30 AM
Something weird happened to me when I battled a hiker. His Onix used Rage, then my Bronzor used Confuse Ray to confuse Onix. But the next turn, Onix used Rage again, showing no signs of having been confused to begin with. No "Onix is confused!" or "Onix snapped out of confusion!" message - nothing.

The opponent doesn't show signs of confusion, it only shows when they hurt themselves.

I can't remember if this is true, someone feel free to correct me, but I'm almost positive that I'm right.

Pingouin7
4th July 2009, 1:34 AM
No.

When a Pok&#233;mon is confused, before attacking it should say "POK&#201;MON is confused." Then either it attacks or it says "It hurt itself in confusion!"