PDA

View Full Version : A Date With Delcatty! (011)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:53 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S12.jpgA Date With Delcatty

Casey has stopped by the Cerulean Gym to see her old friend Misty. However while there, Misty recieves a note telling her to meet a person. She goes to meet him to find out h has a crush on her. However Butch & Cassidy have their eyes set on his Pokémon...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/012.shtml)

Discuss

Shiny May
21st January 2005, 7:14 PM
a very cool episode. Good to see Casey again and for Misty to see a Hoenn pokemon like Delcatty!! A very good episode, also good to see Butch and Cassidy again since they haven't been in the anime since Johto

Geodude
22nd January 2005, 11:20 PM
Don't forget the Pokeshippy hint in this ep...Psyduck seems to be smarter than we all think it is. :D

Torkoal Stu
23rd January 2005, 9:52 AM
Don't forget the Pokeshippy hint in this ep...Psyduck seems to be smarter than we all think it is. :D

yeah and Psyduck is quite smart but since he isn't most of the time everyone says he is stupid!

Sharpshooter
23rd January 2005, 4:26 PM
Yeah this one was quite good, I liked the battles involving all three of the characters here, Misty of course coming on top.

Team Rocket were funny as usual, this time it was Misty that messed up Butch's name, they didn't hold much ground though, Misty and co. defeated them rather easily, there just becoming as bad as the Jesse & James now lol.

Stupid question, apologies if I've missed the episode on this, but what happened to their mascot Raticate exactly?

Geodude
23rd January 2005, 4:46 PM
Nobody knows. The assumption is that their Team Rocket-issued Pokemon have been changed a few times.

Alfonso
27th January 2005, 2:29 PM
Nobody knows. The assumption is that their Team Rocket-issued Pokemon have been changed a few times.

Yeah, and... wait, what was that? Team Rocket ISSUED Pokemon? When has it been said that Team Rocket give Butch and Cassidy their Pokemon? (Raticate, I can understand, since it appeared with them in the Team Rocket Hoso, but the others... I always just assumed that they caught them themselves. Well, apart from maybe... say, Cloyter and Tentacruel. I thought it would just a little TOO suspicious that they should just happen to have two Water Pokemon at that time.)

That, and Houndour and Hitmontop have appeared again. I doubt it was a case of 'Hey, those two new ones failed, so here's your old ones who have failed more times back!'

Geodude
28th January 2005, 7:12 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a line (at least in the dub) where either Jessie or James suggested to the other about calling HQ or whatever and asking for more Pokemon, but they dismissed the idea due to their status with Team Rocket.

High Commander Solomon
28th January 2005, 7:17 AM
Whose brilliant idea was it to make the title have nothing to do with the Plot? There were no lives at stake! No abnormally serious matches, unless I missed the part where Misty tries to burn the evil spirits out of the Gym.

Murgatroyd
28th January 2005, 7:21 AM
Whose brilliant idea was it to make the title have nothing to do with the Plot? There were no lives at stake! No abnormally serious matches, unless I missed the part where Misty tries to burn the evil spirits out of the Gym.
Actually, the title is connected to the plot, though the part it's connected to is just about impossible to translate satisfactorily. Basically, it involves a letter that was intended to express how serious the writer was about wanting a date, but was misconstrued as a possible death threat.

Heracross
17th February 2005, 3:24 AM
This was a pretty good episode from what I saw. I only wish I could have watched thw whole thing, the copy I have just stops abruptly about half way through.>_<

It was neat to see Nanako make another appearance because she's one of myfavorite characters, and I really like her Meganium. It was also nice to see Koduck again, it's always good for a laugh, and of course it was funny how it was smirking at Kasumi. And as always, everyone meses up Kosaburou's name. Even the boss gets it wrong, now that's embarassing.XD

On another note, I fealt sorry for Kenji being left to do all of the chores around the gym, poor guy. At least he gets more of a role in Hoso 17.

cold_katanagirl
18th February 2005, 12:37 AM
I have a feeling that I'm going to like this episode a lot... Dunno why, I just think I am. *shrugs*

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 2:16 PM
This ep. is very cool, I so happy because Kasumi is in it! I knew that I will see her again :) She is my favourite character. The best scene is when Psyduck looks over once's shoulder on Kasumi and he makes so different grate and cute eyes. I love Psyduck! He is so cool and stupid :)

Heracross
11th June 2005, 10:35 AM
Finally got to see the rest of this one. XP Like I said before, it's a good episode, and now that I've seen it all the way through I like it even more. The pokémon battles were cool, and it was nice that Nanako ended up going to the baseball game with Tsutomo.

Though there's one thing that continues to have me puzzled and annoyed. As one who is interested in going into Architecture as a career, I'd like to know what the hell is up with the Hanada Gym. In this episode we can clearly see that the main room of the gym has a ceiling made entirely of glass. But how can that be? In all four of it's previous appearances in the first season and in the other two Housous it is clearly shown with a normal ceiling, not giant windows. Would like to know where on Earth they found the time and money for that renovation. >_> Not to mention, in all the shots we've seen from the outside of the gym there was never a part of the roof that was made of glass. And furthermore, the shape is all wrong. If the ceiling of the main room is the same as the actual roof of the gym, then I'd like to know how the hell it's rectangular when the gym is clearly round. O_o I could understand how you put a rectangular room in a round building, hell we saw that with the Tamamushi Gym as well, but the roof and the ceiling would certainly not line up like it does here.

Poor thinking on the animators' parts I must say. :/

Kanadian Kyuubi
11th June 2005, 1:01 PM
Sounds like it's pretty cool, right now the only keeper I have from this one is this very cute picture of Bulbasaur and Squirtle:
http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/hoso12bulbasquirt.jpg
Awww,so cute!

Medea
20th July 2005, 7:15 PM
Sounds like it's pretty cool, right now the only keeper I have from this one is this very cute picture of Bulbasaur and Squirtle:
http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/hoso12bulbasquirt.jpg
Awww,so cute!
Isn't that pic from Journey to the Starting Line and not from A Date With Delcatty?

Torkoal Stu
20th July 2005, 7:25 PM
Well:

Good Side:
They did call her Casey.
Casey used Elekid. :D
They remembered the theme song and the team Casey supports.
Oh oh oh you know when Misty said to Sakura "This is tracey" and Saukra asked if they were boyfriend and girlfriend well

Misty:This is Tracey
Casey:Is he your boyfriend?
Misty:Why does everybody say that when I introduce him to anyone?

Bad Side:
They called Butch a previously used name XD
Casey and that guy who loved Misty were all I love is the impression it gave after their battle.
Peliper had its pokeringer voice which is different to the priginal debut voice it had.

Alright:
Delcatty had its what I belive to be the same voice from that other hoenn episode with Skitty.
They actually said Misty's sisters names "Violet and Lily" which are usually never named but as always Daisy spoke and was mentioned as per usual.

Thats all I can remember.

ChaosMage
20th July 2005, 7:57 PM
Is that Delcatty's Japanese voice? I thought it was OK, but I wasn't too thrilled.

Gravy
20th July 2005, 8:07 PM
This episode was just plain boring. Butch and Cassidy's involvement seemed forced and pointless, Casey's voice actor made my ears bleed bloody waterfalls, rendering the episode almost unwatchable and the battles involved were of poor quality. I really dislike Corsola's uncanny ability to recover after its fainted. As cheap as it gets I'm afraid.

Though, I did like random-filler boy. He was a pretty neat character, though its a shame he got over his initial embarrasment around Misty so quickly. The episode would have been more interesting if his nervousness had caused him to screw up in battle or babble like an idiot.

I'll be honest. Apart from the first Hoso featuring her, I haven't enjoyed any of these Misty based episodes :/

And yes, it was Delcatty's japanese voice. You could often make out the 'koro' part of its original name whenever it opened its mouth.

CyberCubed
20th July 2005, 8:48 PM
Misty:This is Tracey
Casey:Is he your boyfriend?
Misty:Why does everybody say that when I introduce him to anyone?

LOLOLOL :D

Did 4kids keep the part about Psyduck laughing when Casey asked her who she liked or something?

Sharpshooter
21st July 2005, 1:20 AM

Did 4kids keep the part about Psyduck laughing when Casey asked her who she liked or something?

Nope, I only saw the first half but I think she just bugging her about it saying "oh c'mon" "really?" etc, then Psyduck came out and just s******ed.

I think 4kids have got a consistancy now by mis-pronouncing Butch's name to Bill like they do in the Japanese version with Kosabaru and Kosanji, instead of all these other crap names like Buzz and Bip, since that's a few episodes in a row now.

V Faction
21st July 2005, 2:39 AM
Did Elekid have it's usual "Bii Bii!"?

And my guessimate is that 4Kids just doesn't want to have to go around making 500 Zillion "goof names" for Butch. And it's easier to remember.. Bill, is it? Bleh. Such a generic name.

Torkoal Stu
21st July 2005, 4:51 PM

LOL, sort of it just looked like it was blushing you know witht he red lines and so on. Oh oh Daisy did show some love for Tracey though when she was trying to make Tracey clean the pool and when was he said "When will being a ncie guy pay off" I think, something along those lines and and and when tracey was finished Daisy told Misty that she was taking him to dinner as a thank you. LOL!

Also Daisy said that Lily and Violet were on a modeling tour and thats why thye weren't there. XD Also Daisy said that she was a model and swimmer of something it was kinda lame and made all her sisters seem Air Headed like Marina was made into. Well thats what Ed said about Marina.

EDIT:Well as far as I could tell V Elekid sounded like it said "Bii! Bii!" so yes as far as I know.

Alfonso
21st July 2005, 5:02 PM
Nope, I only saw the first half but I think she just bugging her about it saying "oh c'mon" "really?" etc, then Psyduck came out and just s******ed.

I think 4kids have got a consistancy now by mis-pronouncing Butch's name to Bill like they do in the Japanese version with Kosabaru and Kosanji, instead of all these other crap names like Buzz and Bip, since that's a few episodes in a row now.

Uh, what? Excuse me? Bill? WTF about Botch? O_o Let's bring back the classic, ffs. None of this Bip, Bill, *****, Betch crap. -_-

And... LOL! They took out the whole purpose of the Misty/Psyduck scene? The whole 'Is there someone you like' thing? ROFL.

4Kids 'know' something alright. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
21st July 2005, 7:16 PM
it as a Ok ep

but why would TR want a delcatty?

and I hate the electabuzz song!!!!1

Casey in my opinion sucks

CyberCubed
21st July 2005, 7:18 PM
it as a Ok ep

but why would TR want a delcatty?

Why would TR want a bunch of Pidgey as seen in that carrier Pidgey episode?

Answer: They're desperate for anything.

Alfonso
21st July 2005, 7:19 PM
Why would TR want a bunch of Pidgey as seen in that carrier Pidgey episode?

Answer: They're desperate for anything.

That's Jessie and James though. And they wanted the Pidgey to open their own business.

This was an order from Namba, if I recall. o_o

21st July 2005, 7:21 PM
yeah

well Nanba is probably getting confused in his old age and thought Delcatty was Uber Powerfuler than a dragonite!

Serebii
21st July 2005, 7:24 PM
Delcatty is a rare Pokemon though so it is worth it

V Faction
21st July 2005, 8:30 PM
Delcatty is a rare Pokemon though so it is worth it
Do you have the brain worms? Delcatty is about as rare as a Primeape.

Geodude
21st July 2005, 11:19 PM
Do you have the brain worms? Delcatty is about as rare as a Primeape.
Moon Stone Pokemon, with the possible exception of Nidoking/queen, are indeed supposed to be pretty rare in the anime. It's always been said about Clefable, at least.

V Faction
22nd July 2005, 12:00 AM
Moon Stone Pokemon, with the possible exception of Nidoking/queen, are indeed supposed to be pretty rare in the anime. It's always been said about Clefable, at least.
Yeah, Clefable. No where does it mention the likes of Wigglytuff, or like you say, Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

The only actual 'rare' Pokemon are the legends. Other Pokemon, even the elusive Feebas, are fair game, unless explicitly stated (like Dragonite used to be).

Now, Moon Stones may be rare, but not the Pokemon that need it to evolve.

pokeee
23rd July 2005, 8:46 AM
what was the name at the guy with delcatty?

pokeplayer984
25th July 2005, 4:19 AM
what was the name at the guy with delcatty?

Yeah, I'd like to know myself what his new dub name is. It's gonna work well with my fic. :)

Geodude
25th July 2005, 4:44 AM
His dub name is Giorgio.

Batdude
25th July 2005, 7:56 PM
I just saw this ep today. There wasn't really anything of interest in this ep. I mean, we see Casey and Delcatty, fair enough, but it doesn't seem to have the same sort of interesting stories that other Chronicles eps have had in the past. Casey's Meganium is pretty cool at least.

(Good lord, if Misty shows up in another Chronicles ep with Corsola AGAIN I am gonna shoot myself. In every single ep it's been the same thing! Corsola comes out, uses spike cannon, gets it's butt handed to it, and it uses recover. I mean at this stage it is just ridiculous. It's as if she has no more ruddy Pokémon. And Corsola only knows like three moves anyway, tackle, spike cannon and recover. Does it know anything else? Correction: Does it ever USE anything else?!)

Alfonso
25th July 2005, 7:58 PM
Uh, Mirror Coat? o_o

CyberCubed
25th July 2005, 8:11 PM
I despise Corsola, Misty even used it in the Mirage Kingdom 2 parter in Hoenn. -_-

25th July 2005, 8:22 PM
Misty uses it to much when she has a gyrados!
Id use gyrados over corsola

Gravy
25th July 2005, 8:49 PM
I hate Corsola because it has the most annoying voice out of every single freaking pokémon in the entire show. The moves it uses, and the overall cheapness of its battles just come as bonus annoyances to me ^.^

Alfonso
25th July 2005, 8:50 PM
I, uh...

...like Corsola. ._.

Gravy
25th July 2005, 8:52 PM
I, uh...

...like Corsola. ._.
Errrrmmm.....we're not all perfect? XP;;;

Blue Ditto
25th July 2005, 8:56 PM
Corsola's cool, so don't worry Alfonso-san. ^^ *le pat on head*

But I do admit it is a little annoying that Corsola doesn't use anything else in battle...it's probably the repetetiveness...still, she does have reasons for not using Gyarados seeing as one almost ate her when she was little, and I suppose if she wants to use her favorite she can. Buuuut...a change in teh useage of her Pokemon would be rather nice. x.x'

Blaziken master
1st August 2005, 9:37 PM
The best part about this episode has to be meganium because its an ace battler.The way it crushes mighteyena under its weight and its devastating solarbeam is ace too.
P.s I have a question to ask.In the japanese version,Daisy refers Kenji as "Kenji coo".Can someone tell me why?

Medea
5th March 2006, 3:40 AM
Yes, I saw a bunch of Chronicle episodes (or at least the ones with Tracey in it) so time for me to put in my two-cents.

This episode for the most part was pretty good. I basically felt the way I wanted to feel.

-The boy who had a crush on Misty (that part was just so cute)
-Casey got on my nerves
-I want to strangle Daisy for so many reasons (and some not having to do with Tracey)
-And Tracey...He's just great!

All in all, okay episode!

Pikaflash
9th March 2006, 5:16 AM
I like so much this episode, I could see when Butch and Cassidy said their motto and Georgio replies give me back my Delcatty, another interesting thing is Casey and Cassidy's hair style is the same style, I can see almost all Ash's rivals meet Butch and Cassidy like Richie, Casey and Gary.

WaterDragon trainer
6th August 2006, 1:02 AM
Just saw this episode in the US.This episode was good. Good to see Casey again. Nice to see that she's got a Meganium. It was kinda funny when Casey got all mad at Georgio. Couple a things. Corsola's Spike Cannon and Tackle should NOT have affected Sableye.

Just one question, did it ever say WHY Dr. Namba wanted to get some ordinary kid's Delcatty?

Medea
6th August 2006, 4:49 AM
^You know what, I don't remember if he said why he wanted Delcatty (he may have said something but I must have forgotten it).

Anywho...I had to rewatch this episode (because I forgot a good chunk of it and Tracey was in it). And of course, just like what Misty pointed out to Casey, I get so sick of Misty's old friends thinking Tracey her boyfriend *Medea vomits in rage* Anyways, a little mad at 4Kids for cutting a scene. Although if they kept that one scene that I am hinting here, I would probably b*tch and yell about it

Dogasu
6th August 2006, 6:44 AM
Nanba-Hakase gives a reason in the Japanese version, but 4Kids took it out of the dub for some reason.

Nathan Madien
6th August 2006, 6:52 AM
I thought the Delcatty special was okay. Even though 4Kids has really shattered the hosos into barely-recognizable clumps, the Delcatty seems to be of a somewhat better clump than say the Raikou special or the first Misty hoso. I just think it is tragic that Butch and Cassidy, who used to be so devious and model examples of how Team Rocket members are supposed to be, have now been reduced (in both versions) to Jessie and James clones, bumbling and incompenent.

wobbanut
7th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Well, at least after this special it'll be weeks before we see Misty again (not counting next week's re-airing). This special was pretty good, but I still like the first Misty special the best so far. And I really enjoyed seeing Casey again. She's the pokemon character I can identify with the most. :) My two cents:

-- I'm starting to get a little bored with all the Butch and Cassidy episodes, and we've still got a bunch more. At least they can be entertaining (especially with the running gag about Butch's name), but I'm still a bigger fan of the Team Rocket trio we see all the time.
-- That guy who had the crush on Misty was really sweet. I like that in the end he ended up sharing his ticket with Casey (and they sang the Electabuzz theme song together).
-- Yay, confusionshipping! :D I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
-- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.

Anyway, 7/10. At least next week is the one I've been ****DYING**** to see for the last three years. :D

Nathan Madien
8th August 2006, 4:04 AM
-- Yay, confusionshipping! :D I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
-- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.

I was looking forward to the Psyduck scene too and IMO, Psyduck helped saved the Delcatty episode from being really sucky. As for the Tracey/Daisy shipping, it gets added to in the Japanese version with a scene that shows Tracey fixing a leak and Daisy being impressed by it. For whatever reason, the scene got cut from the 4Kids dub.

CyberCubed
8th August 2006, 4:06 AM
All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.

Nathan Madien
8th August 2006, 5:12 AM
All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.

4Kids did the same thing with the first Professor Oak hoso. They totally made up him making a love poem for Delia. Watching 4Kids dub the hosos as a whole, I get the impression that they just don't care about either quality or even sticking to the original plot points. They just butcher it and make up their own plot points.

CyberCubed
8th August 2006, 5:16 AM
I know, the bad part is the shippers who didn't know they were dub lines took these things seriously only to be proven wrong.

There were actually some people a while ago that thought Tracey/Daisy was canon, that was until they were proven wrong and that there is nothing between the two in the original. Most people just jumped onto it to combat Orangeshipping, only to have it blow up in their faces.

wobbanut
8th August 2006, 10:33 PM
Oh really, who cares if shipping lines are added in? I like those moments, like in the sixth movie (even though I'm not a pokeshipper) and the first Professor Oak special (ditto on eldershipping). They make for sweet moments.

Inkan1969
10th August 2006, 2:47 AM
I haven't found the name for Misty+Giorgio shipping. So what was it about Misty that made Giorgio fall in love with her from afar? I'm betting it was the shorts. ;) Giorgio's pretty lousy at technique though. I don't blame Misty for her reaction; how else would you react if a total stranger suddenly showed up and told you he was in love with you? And I hear that in the Japanese version the note was so badly written she mistook it for a death threat. :o REALLY bad technique, then.

Hmm, so the Cerulean Sisters are back and yet Misty is STILL staying on as Gym Leader? I think that's an indication that it's really over between her and Ash. If Ash really meant a lot to her she would've either forced the sisters to clean up their act or looked through Cerulean City to find a worthy successor for the water gym, and then she would've rushed to Ash's side. Instead she's sticking around to be gym leader. In the dub anyway they have been making a running gag of people thinking Tracy is her boyfriend. I think pokeshipping all but died in "Pokemon Heroes", when Ash met Latias. ;380; Now Orangeshipping is prevailing for Misty.

I like Casey. She has so much enthusiasm for her time; she could star in "Fever Pitch". I always laugh at the running gag of her freaking people out with her fight song. So...just what would Casey have been willing to do to get that ticket? :D

Team Rocket infiltrating MosBurger? Scary. :p

So in the end Giorgio winds up with Casey, and Tracey winds up with Daisy, hopefully briefly. And Misty winds up spending a weekend night all alone at her gym? Who would believe that? :( I hope OrangeShipping or some other shipping kicks in for her. She's too goodlooking to wind up alone. :)

wobbanut
11th August 2006, 12:20 AM
I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy. :p

Inkan1969
11th August 2006, 2:15 AM
I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy. :p

But that seems like a nightmare existence for Misty. She HAS to be gym leader because her sisters totally can't do it. What kind of a life is that?

CyberCubed
11th August 2006, 2:17 AM
She obviously doesn't mind as she's as cheery and upbeat in the specials.

Nathan Madien
11th August 2006, 3:10 AM
She obviously doesn't mind as she's as cheery and upbeat in the specials.

That's why she is better off sticking with the gym. I think she is happier running the Cerulean gym and showing off her great skills then she is being Ash's cheerleader and seldom doing much beyond that.

Inkan1969
25th August 2006, 6:33 PM
That's why she is better off sticking with the gym. I think she is happier running the Cerulean gym and showing off her great skills then she is being Ash's cheerleader and seldom doing much beyond that.

I had forgotten about that: May has her own contest competitions to fight for, but Misty didn't have anything more to do than cheer in the background. I do think it would be best for her to stick with the gym and be happy with it. I'm an Altoshipping guy and so I don't think there's any hope for Ash-Misty. Misty really should see if she can make anything with Tracey or Giorgio.

Shiny Ho-Oh
25th August 2006, 6:38 PM
The was my second favorite Pokemon Chronicle episode

Ashy Boy
25th August 2006, 6:58 PM
The only things I didn't like about the ep were:

- Daisy being too vain to force Tracey to help her out
- Misty feeling a bit left out in the end of the ep

Nathan Madien
25th August 2006, 7:46 PM
I had forgotten about that: May has her own contest competitions to fight for, but Misty didn't have anything more to do than cheer in the background. I do think it would be best for her to stick with the gym and be happy with it. I'm an Altoshipping guy and so I don't think there's any hope for Ash-Misty. Misty really should see if she can make anything with Tracey or Giorgio.

Sadly, Misty doesn't seem to have much luck with either. Tracey ended up with Daisy and Giorgio ended up with Casey. That leaves Misty with her Togepi and hapless Psyduck.

STJ
27th August 2006, 4:18 AM
What do you mean that Tracey ended up with Daisy? It's not as though they're a couple or anything

Nathan Madien
27th August 2006, 5:59 AM
What do you mean that Tracey ended up with Daisy? It's not as though they're a couple or anything

Maybe not in the romantic sense, but they were definitely together in the Delcatty episode.

Lux
28th August 2006, 4:47 AM
^ Do you mean, that dub-added crap about the dinner? :P

Nathan Madien
28th August 2006, 5:12 AM
^ Do you mean, that dub-added crap about the dinner? :P

Yes, and no. Yes in the sense that 4Kids added uncanonized stuff into the Delcatty episode; no in the sense that Daisy and Tracey were technically together while Misty was off trying to get things sorted out on her "date".

Francesc
7th November 2006, 1:02 PM
It's a good chapter overall. I liked the how meganiumu defeated easily team rocket. On the other hand, Misty shouldn't have a boyfriend, she'd better focus on her training as Gym Leader. I feel sorry for the guy who wanted to date Misty, though.

Battra
21st November 2006, 11:03 PM
Another good Misty episode and I really like Cassey, it's nice to see Misty is staying fateful to Ash. Also poor Tracey getting shoehorned into clean and fixing the Cerulean Gym, but I guess it's hard to say no to 3 cute girls.

-Espacio-
13th April 2007, 3:57 PM
This episode was awesome :D I loved the clothes the boy that liked Misty had on ;)

~*Olivertwist*~

Lord of Music
10th June 2007, 5:29 AM
I wonder who Psyduck was talking about when the boy asked Misty If she liked someone...... *cough ash cough* hehe....

Megaranger
25th October 2007, 7:50 PM
I just watched this episode. It's strange how the dub completely ignored the subtle Pokeshipping hint. They made it look like Misty only blushed in embarrassment of going out on a date with a random guy!:(

And I thought 4Kids supported Pokeshipping.

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 6:22 PM
This was great!

plopagon123
13th April 2008, 11:18 AM
I just watched this episode. It's strange how the dub completely ignored the subtle Pokeshipping hint. They made it look like Misty only blushed in embarrassment of going out on a date with a random guy!:(

It's a bit different in the Japanese version. Instead of "Misty, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen", it said something like "Do you like someone else?" or something like that.

here! http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/?action=view&current=Rawhosohint.flv

But I don't think it's Pokeshippy.

aquajet16
2nd May 2008, 2:51 AM
I think this was a great episode cause Misty blushed, I find that cute.
But I was wondering why 4kids made a a very wrong translation of the "Do you already like someone else part?"

Wowlock
28th March 2009, 12:20 AM
At this episode I like the Pokeshipping hint most. ( and Tracey X Daisy pair OFC :D ) After Orange islands saga and the farewell part , she gave nothing much from her mind but thank God ,Psyduck was there and save the day ( If it isnt appear most of shippers may gone crazy '' orangeshipping or Pokeshipping is mentioned'' but when Psyduck appears its most like a Pokeshipping hint. At the and of episode she decided to see Ash in Hoenn, That is the proof of our ideas.

TR2 ( thats what I called them ) mentioned at anime series much more Succesive and Glorious and that gives me some bad feeling but after I saw them I understand that its a Typical TR team with funny failures.That what makes them unique.'' Think about that every episode they fight agaist a villian like Pokemon Movie Villians. I really dont understand the ''Dubbers'' in some episodes they give hints themselves but sometimes they want to hide it. I never get them anyway.

Episode is cool ( with sports in it ) and we sure missed Misty. I hope writers give her some more episodes like this in new seasons and new Pokemons ofcourse ( I knew how you feel about Corsula and I am feeling the same way too ,sadly. 3 basic attack with simple minded fight , where is passion and action. She even manage to tame a Gyrados , She should fight with more passion not stuck with corsula . Even Psyduck is much more good then her. )

BTW Psyduck rules !

charmanderkesryl
14th July 2009, 1:02 PM
OMG!!! Georgio is really cute.

Ash-kid
14th July 2009, 1:07 PM
The was my second favorite Pokemon Chronicle episode

For me it's was the first. it's the best C. episode.

Darkxninga
3rd August 2009, 6:13 AM
OMG!!! Georgio is really cute.

I know he really is DX. If I was Misty I would have been like -stare with hearts flying,blushing- "o_o sure I'll go with you!". That little girl was one lucky kid to go with Georgio to that place, I wished I was her at that moment. Man....he was CUTEEE T_____T too bad he was only seen in one episode. >_> Really Misty should have gone with him, I know she likes Ash but really.......... we all know whats -not- gonna happen.
And the fact he had a delcatty. That took the cake for me, I woulda been on the deal with no battle at all.

pokemon fan 132
18th November 2009, 1:52 PM
This episode was quite interesting,and it brought answers to some questions.It was nice seeing Casey again,and Misty blushing when romance was involved in conversation denying accusations of Tracey being her boyfriend or when Georgio was asking her on date leaving her in shock,and anger when Psyduck popped out of pokeball teasing her.

Battle between her and Georgio was great,providing nice exchange of attacks between Delcatty and Corsola,with both pokmon holding their own ground being strong.Good thing is that it ended up with Corsola winning,turning tables around thanks to recover being folowed by combination of spike cannon and tackle to finish job.Butch and Cassidy were interesting addition,showing up after rather long time failing with lame attempot to steal pokemon.

Whole episode also showed how incompetent her sisters are neglecting obligations,with Misty having to do everything on her own being dissapointed with their incompetence.It is especially noticeable at ending scene when Misty showed mixture of sadness and implied desire rather wanting to travell again(original version),being on crossroad deciding to stay at gym not thrusting her sisters(for a reason),preventing it from dropping in reputation.In other words not having really a choice.

All in all,a good episode.

Charmbracelet
5th March 2010, 5:21 PM
This is such a hilarious episode, LOL one of my favorites.

And yay for orangeshipping hints! <3

Willow's Tara
25th June 2010, 9:24 AM
Not a bad Misty episode, it's nice seeing Casey again pity her Elekid hadn't evolved yet. I wish they keep making more of these episodes because it is nice to see what they have gotten up to (And then we would see May/Max and probably Drew/Harley as well). Cassidy and Butch are in alot of the episodes this seasons but aleast they don't continue to keep going after the same person which they know they are going to get destroyed.
Misty seemed pretty shocked and horrified to be asked on a date, that kid probably felt bad when she screamed like that.

Caseydia
23rd January 2011, 4:51 PM
Misty is an total idiot. Just because your a gymleader doesn't mean you can't take a break, hang out and get a free meal. She does it all the time with the others. Everyone else was having the time of there life in the end and Misty was just sitting there all alone. "Not so busy now, are you Misty?"

G50
1st March 2011, 11:28 AM
This episode was ok... It was funny to see Misty's reaction when she found out Georgio wanted a date. I couldn't stop laughing when Psyduck came out of the ball and turned red and looked at Misty strangely. Delcatty is very strong. Nice reminder in this episode about how little actual work Misty's sisters want to do.

42/100

Caseydia
1st May 2011, 5:25 PM

And that's why 4kids is such a failure now. I rather read everything in english from Japanese.

AquaMilotic
6th August 2011, 4:51 PM
Great episode, nice to see Casey with her Electabuzz addiction. Her Elekid should evolve into an Electabuzz soon (and never evolve into Electivire)!

Tracy should've refused to clean the gym.

Daisy and Tracey are a nice couple!

Blessed
25th January 2012, 7:36 PM
This episode was great I love how Misty battled with Georgio until the end just so she wouldn't go on a date with him & WON but hey at least he took casey to the game LOL. If only Ash knew about this I know she did this for him...

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 2:58 PM
Geprgio was actually cute. It's good to know that other boys like Misty. But I'm glad Casey got to go and not let those good tickets go to waist.

AquaMilotic
26th February 2012, 9:35 PM
This episode was great I love how Misty battled with Georgio until the end just so she wouldn't go on a date with him & WON but hey at least he took casey to the game LOL. If only Ash knew about this I know she did this for him...

Maybe she told Ash off-screen when she joined Ash&co for a while just after the Hoenn League and before the Battle Frontier? I'm so happy Misty didn't have to date Georgio, as a PokeShipper.

Geprgio was actually cute. It's good to know that other boys like Misty. But I'm glad Casey got to go and not let those good tickets go to waist.

Well, Misty is liked by Ash, Danny, Rudy and Georgio. And it's indeed good that Casey could go to the baseball match. Casey is a funny and good reccurring character. Should we ship Georgio and Casey? XD

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 10:23 PM
Should we ship Georgio and Casey? XD

Hey, why not? I never thought about it until now.

AquaMilotic
26th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Hey, why not? I never thought about it until now.

They might've bonded in the baseball stadium and in the episode. It's not worth making a thread in the Shipping subforum, but the idea of this shipping isn't bad, and it's actually based on something instead of two characters randomly being shipped, even though it's just one Chronicles episode. Georgio didn't want to go to the baseball match with Casey first, but at the end of the episode, he went with Casey. They might've fallen in love with each other, and that could be why Georgio allowed Casey to go to the match with him. The first hint for BaseballShipping is there! I'll call the shipping BaseballShipping.

Caseydia
27th February 2012, 1:00 AM
They might've bonded in the baseball stadium and in the episode. It's not worth making a thread in the Shipping subforum, but the idea of this shipping isn't bad, and it's actually based on something instead of two characters randomly being shipped, even though it's just one Chronicles episode. Georgio didn't want to go to the baseball match with Casey first, but at the end of the episode, he went with Casey. They might've fallen in love with each other, and that could be why Georgio allowed Casey to go to the match with him. The first hint for BaseballShipping is there! I'll call the shipping BaseballShipping.

Sorry to go off topic again but isn't Baseballshipping called for Ash and Casey?

ForgottenPearl
12th June 2012, 2:03 AM
Casey. :)

Let's see... Good episode, nice pinches of humor here and there. I liked Casey's casual remark, "Oh well, shot down" near the beginning. Plus, her fantasy of being in the eat seats was amusing. I also liked how she tried to persuade Giorgio into giving her a ticket. Felt bad when she totally got rejected at first. But it was cute in the end when she finally got someone to sing along with her. To think, earlier in the episode, Misty just cut her song off.

Misty had her moments too. First, having to shoot down the Tracey-as-boyfriend mistake again was amusing. Later, with Giorgio, I loved when Psyduck came out of its ball blushing. He knew what Misty was thinking. ^_^ Also, the ending, when she was sitting on the diving board admiring her calling, her domain, was a nice way to wrap things up.

Oh, and Tracey, things did pay off when you were the nice guy. Do some cleaning, go out with a model. A lazy, egoistic model, but still a model. Heh.

Main thing that bothered me was the battling side of the episode. With Corsola vs. Delcatty, I was waiting for Mirror Coat, especially against Ice Beam. Plus, at one point, Giorgio told Delcatty, "Dodge and use double-edge!" But... Corsola wasn't attacking. Dodge what? Also, Spike Cannon and Tackle shouldn't have added up to a KO if you ask me. I also found it odd that a fainted Delcatty could suddenly be in fighting shape. At least Elekid was funny in its battle.

Overall, good episode, though not amazing.

pokemon fan 132
6th July 2012, 10:24 AM
Misty had her moments too. First, having to shoot down the Tracey-as-boyfriend mistake again was amusing. Later, with Giorgio, I loved when Psyduck came out of its ball blushing. He knew what Misty was thinking. ^_^ Also, the ending, when she was sitting on the diving board admiring her calling, her domain, was a nice way to wrap things up.

Interestingly enough dub changed Misty dialogue twice in this episode. When Georgio asked her out, in original version she says she can't because there is someone else(something dub skipped over). Another changed scene was when sitting at diving board. In dub she admires her calling, but in real original version she never said that only commenting how her sisters are of no use so she will have to stay there and do her best for time being.

Unfortunately we still don't know if she plans to become water master and pursue original dream or not, with writers leaving things open.

Main thing that bothered me was the battling side of the episode. With Corsola vs. Delcatty, I was waiting for Mirror Coat, especially against Ice Beam. Plus, at one point, Giorgio told Delcatty, "Dodge and use double-edge!" But... Corsola wasn't attacking. Dodge what? Also, Spike Cannon and Tackle shouldn't have added up to a KO if you ask me. I also found it odd that a fainted Delcatty could suddenly be in fighting shape. At least Elekid was funny in its battle.

Overall, good episode, though not amazing.

In Corsola defense to be fair she did managed to faint Trinity Gyarados in Whirl Cup with just spike cannon(although she hit him in neck, critical spot), and cannon with combination of tackle was enough to knock down Dorian Mantine in one of episodes near Johto end. I guess spike cannon can deal a lot more damage to pokemon than we thought.

All in all quite amusing episode. I enjoyed in Misty interactions with Daisy, Casey and especially Georgio when asking her to go out with him on date. Amount of disbelief and shock on her face was priceless, lol. And Psyduck teasing which annoyed her only added to momentum too. Butch and Cassidy had some decent moments and all in all i liked battle between Corsola and Delcatty, with Misty showing that she improved quite a lot with Corsola over time becoming more resistant and her attacks became stronger too.

*~Silver*~
12th March 2013, 12:27 PM
I liked the episode, it was interesting, and funny. It was very entertaining to say the least. xD

Imagine how awkward it would have been for that guy if he'd preferred the opposing team to Electabuzz. Just imagine Casey's reaction! xD

Shiny Glaceon!
22nd February 2014, 4:52 PM
This is my favorite special