PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (023)

Serebii
12th April 2009, 7:32 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S23.jpgPokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky

Teamed up with the Grovyle from the future, Piplup & Chimchar get sent to a far away land in search of the Time Gears. However, their trip proves to be as perilous as they could possibly imagine when they get attacked by Dusknoir and his band of Sableye. Will Chimchar, Piplup & Grovyle be able to fulfil their mission or will they be stopped by Dusknoir?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/023.shtml)

Discuss

A_Merry_Snowrunt
12th April 2009, 7:50 PM
I find the episode very thrilling, suspenseful, and moving. Anyways, who can forget Bidoof. Man, he just made the episode a whole lot better. Anyways, isn't it just me or did anyone feel a bit of shocked that the ominous cloud from beyond the guild seem frightening? Man, time itself was paralyzing the whole place! I wonder who will voice Dusknoir and Chatot. I could sound like Dusknoir if I put a lot of effort into my voice, to make it deep since he sounds like a serious dude. And a shame they just end it at the climax. I actually wanted to see Piplup disappear (no I don't hate him) and it would be great if there were ever a series like this that follows the game.

Torpoleon
12th April 2009, 8:42 PM
Piplup can't learn Water Gun and it was using Water Gun! (Unless if that's Hydro Pump) The special is awesome and seems better than in the games.

Serebii
12th April 2009, 9:10 PM
Ep pics are up. I apologise for the delay

PokemonHero
12th April 2009, 9:22 PM
Ep pics are up. I apologise for the delay

Cool. Hey, quick question. Why is it that there's the time in the upper left hand corner? I noticed this with the pics from the last special as well. Is that always up during Pokemon Sunday?

Torpoleon
12th April 2009, 9:34 PM
I just fisihed watching the preview. I found out that it was Hydro Pump that Piplup was using. Are they going to show the Temporal Tower battle?? That was what I was waiting for! Either way, I did like the episode.

Ryuartyi
12th April 2009, 9:49 PM
I just got done watching the episode in motion, and it looked fantastic. It was quite interesting to see what it looked like when time was fully going to stop; they never did show it in the game. I really wish it showed Piplup and Chimchar's battle with Primal Dialga, but it is just a promotional episode which did its job of making people want to play through to the end.

One thing I really liked was Primal Dialga's roar at the end. It added a nice touch to the end of the episode, plus it's one of the coolest anime cries I've heard next to Arceus and Palkia.

This will probably reach the U.S. in about a year or show up on DVD in a special edition DSi. I'm really looking forward to that and the release of Explorers of the Sky later this year.

ShinyVaati
12th April 2009, 10:43 PM
I just finished watching it and I'm quite pleased.
Nice mix of action and dialouge.

Dusknoir got a really good voice, as did Grovyle.
I liked the montage at the beginging show Piplup, Chimchar, and Grovyle's adventure that we weren't able to see. The Energy Ball, Fire Spin, and Whirlpool combo was pretty neat too. And the watching the Guild getting frozen in time was a nice touch.
I really hope they make another one showing the battle vs. Primal Dialga, but I won't my hopes up.

Overall: 8/10

Sparkleo
12th April 2009, 10:48 PM
As I mentioned in one of the previous anime special topics, this is one of the reasons why we need an anime series outside the Ash/Pikachu adventure.

Ryuartyi
13th April 2009, 2:11 AM
As I mentioned in one of the previous anime special topics, this is one of the reasons why we need an anime series outside the Ash/Pikachu adventure.
I agree. The animation, writing, scenario, and story boarding teams are far too experienced and amazing at their craft to be shackled to Ash and his nonsensical plot/adventure and deserves to create animations with actual and interesting plots, not just the same recycled characters, jokes and scenarios.

This episode shows what the Pokémon anime should be and puts a standard episode to shame. I know the anime is for promotional purposes, but I really think the teams deserve more.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th April 2009, 2:34 AM
I agree. The animation, writing, scenario, and story boarding teams are far too experienced and amazing at their craft

Let's not go too overboard. :/

Grovyle91
13th April 2009, 2:45 AM
As I'm mostly emotional as it comes to this kind of endings, I was... well, emotional. When I played the game and saw this scene, I had to stop playing because of it and I cried in the nights which followed. A week later (yes... a week :|) I was playing again and hoping that Grovyle would return. With this special, I had just some tears, but that's maybe I didn't understand a word from what they were saying (although I had an idea).

I don't know why, but this plot... the best ever made in my opinion. This is just the reason I want to know what happened to Grovyle. Let's hope they have the translation for the game done sooner than usual, I mean, it isn't that hard for them, the main story line is the same, just copy and paste ^^

Also, the clouds part are nicely done, the guild standing there together forever, waiting until the time begins to flow again...

Sushi
13th April 2009, 3:55 AM
To be honest...I didn't really like it all that much.

I can live with the sudden drop of quality concerning the art style - Tamagawa must've been unavailable for this special (or just quit Pokémon altogether T__T) for some reason, so whatever. Surprised to see it wasn't Shimura, though. Looked quite a lot like her at first.

However, the script, as well as the entire composition of the episode, irritated me a bit.
As someone who never played any MD game but the very first, jumping into the midst of late-game events had pretty much an in-your-face effect and it was hard to follow.

I mean, I could perfectly understand what was going on, but if one has absolutely no idea how things came to be the way they are, about the entire development of the plot, it's a bit difficult to suck it all up without questioning anything.

All in all, it felt like they tried too hard. The dialogue was crammed full with information, desperately trying to convey as much as possible to anyone who could have trouble following, so I had difficulty to actually feel anything while watching this.

I was distracted from the suspenseful battle with Dusknoir because I was busy working out all the info out from it - that it must have met the team before(?) and that it's trying to steal that stone-thing and what was up with that hole leading to the...future?

I was barely affected by the emotional part, as they were just talking way too much during the scene. On the one hand, I was glad for any piece of information I could get in order to comprehend the story, but on the other hand, it made the whole thing seem incredibly forced.

Drama that's shoved in your face is not really my thing; while this is Pokémon and we'll likely never see anything that could be described as subtle drama, it has rarely ever felt this "Hello this is sad"-like to me. My eyes stung for about two seconds when the talking had ceased for a moment and all we saw was a teary Grovyle, but that's it.

Not to imply that it was terrible - it really wasn't. I just thought the writers were in a unfortunate situaton, having so little time but trying to promote the game and make it seem exciting, dramatic and interesting all in one episode. It just didn't really work out in my eyes.

Still, I enjoyed listening to those awesome voices again. MD has a quite exquisite voice cast for some reason, and you really notice it when listening to the characters. Kappei Yamaguchi as Chimchar was win^1000, and Piplup was awesome as well. Wigglytuff was the one whose voice I loved most, though.

~Silver Aura~
13th April 2009, 8:08 AM
I liked it don't understand Japanese but I got the gist of what they were saying (I've got PMD time :)) It would've been cool though to see the Dialga battle and Piplup disappear. (I don't have anything against Piplup it's just it'd of been cool to see that moment animeized) Anyway great special.

Grovyle91
13th April 2009, 12:46 PM
I've just seen the English subs on YouTube... well, almost the same as I thought they were saying.

But I have to admit, they should have made a few more episodes containing the rest of the story before this happens.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th April 2009, 8:57 PM
I've just seen the English subs on YouTube... well, almost the same as I thought they were saying.

But I have to admit, they should have made a few more episodes containing the rest of the story before this happens.

We could make a petition for a Mystery Dungeon anime based on the game and make it like Pokemon Chronicles, only on separate dates of the week. However, isn't it due to budget costs? The series is phenomenal to all and why can we just get another Pokemon series based on different games? Like Pokemon specials as in Ranger (without Ash or the gang) or maybe a Mystery Dungeon mini series.

BGM I've discovered thus far.
0:01~0:35 Narrative Prelude
0:36~0:52 Wigglytuff's Guild
0:53~1:03 Time Paralysis spreads
1:04~2:30 Pokemon MD: Explorers of the Sky beginning theme
3:25~ Unfortunate Events/Darkness dwells (any other idea?)

I could be wrong on some

sweet_piplup123
14th April 2009, 3:35 PM
Wow...just, wow.

LOL Grovyle knows Energy Ball, and the three came up with the elemental whirlpool attack was great :D

Piplup can't learn Water Gun and it was using Water Gun! (Unless if that's Hydro Pump) The special is awesome and seems better than in the games.
I think Piplup WAS using Hydro Pump 0.o

(I only seen the episode pics from serebii.net, I think Youtube deleted the videos since I can't find any on there >.<)

PokemonHero
10th May 2009, 6:03 PM
Well, I saw the English subs on YouTube and downloaded it to my computer. I may repost them on YouTube if I see that they have taken it down.

I have to say, I liked this special. I would've really loved to see a mini-series made out of it, because it would be confusing for non-PMD players as to why Grovyle had joined up with Team PokeDance. Anyway, they seemed to have captured the powerful moments of the game well. They used the music extremely well here. The Hidden Land theme, Sacrifice...they did a really good job. I would love to see them use the music in the main series, however I would think there would be some issues since they weren't arranged by Shinji Miyazaki (at least I remember the last special they weren't, so I'm assuming that he didn't here).

All in all they did a good job. It's just a pity that they didn't branch this out into its own little series.

Purplepassion
24th September 2009, 5:48 AM
I can't wait for this to be dubbed, I love this episode!

Reign G
24th September 2009, 12:02 PM
So, apparently the dub DVD of this will come with the game if you preorder it.

OFF TO AMAZON!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
3rd October 2009, 7:33 PM
According to the Pocket Monsters website it says the special will air October 12th. Oh I wonder how Dusknoir sounds?

Shneak
4th October 2009, 4:24 PM
World Dub Premiere! I'm very surprised at this.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th October 2009, 2:48 AM
They need to stop doing this. I love the MD games, but they shouldn't be incorporated into the anime unless the writers plan to make them into their own series. Think about it: the last we saw of Piplup and Chimchar was when they first started and finished a mission to get a Gabite scale; now they have reached the Hidden Land and are taking on Dusknoir. Had I not played the games, I would be totally lost. There is a colossal hole in the story because they went from the first finished mission all the way up to the fight with Dusknoir. I might not have had as much of a problem with this if they also showed the fight with Dialga, but they stopped at the rainbow stoneship.
Seriously, if they made this into its own spinoff series I would consider it a masterpiece, but they decided to jump to the finish line and leave all of us (who haven't played the game) wondering what could have been.

PokemonMDTfan
8th October 2009, 4:10 PM
I've somewhat obsessively waited for this for quite some time... I did see the japanese episode on YouTube, and I'm quite impressed. They brought the action, the same characters, and some sadness.. I knew it was going to be another TBC thing where alot of fans like me would be stuck wanting more, then get tired of it...

But this episode managed to bring it's charm back. I just hope they kept Grovyle,Piplup, and Chimchar's voices the same... The guild members voices were awful IMO. I love the mystery dungeon games. And for all the people surprised about how they were simply getting a gabite scale and now heading to defeat primal dialga, remember, these episodes are meant to promote the games, and to encourage fans to finish it to the end.

This special somewhat made me join these forums. And it's been over a year since. Too bad the special will only come up once, so those without TiVoes and the Internet whom are fans of the Mystery Dungeon series better catch this. It's their first and only chance!

Technically what Pokemon USA is doing : If you have no clue what this is, catch the whole mystery dungeon beginning starting at 6:30PM on Cartoon Network, and go pick up the game afterwards.

(I feel like I just have written a review on this...)

A_Merry_Snowrunt
8th October 2009, 5:44 PM
I wish TPCI could create the Mystery Dungeon specials whereas the other animation team can just work on the anime itself. Though, that be kind of hard.

Vernikova
10th October 2009, 1:58 AM
I can't tell who's voicing Chatot. At least the original voice actors reprised their roles. The sea of time reminds me of how of an episode of One Piece where the Straw Hats rode a water vortex up to these islands in the sky. It's pretty similar.

The temple is a ship? That seems pretty cool.

Oh look, Dusknoir and Sableye appear to stop them from defeating Dialga.

Oh, now they're frozen in time? Well, they don't seem to be doing much anyway but I would've loved to see Wigglytuff use Hyper Voice again.

Dusknoir just stands there and talks about what he should be doing. An awesome fusion of water and fire.

Dusknoir is trying to suck up Pok&#233;Pals in a dark vortex. Dialga was just touched by w Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Whirlpool/Flame Thrower combination attack.

Grovyle goes back to the future with Dusknoir and gives up the Time Gears. Now Piplup and Chimchar are crying over Grovyle leaving.

That's a very unimpressive ship. I really wished they showed the battle with Dialga.

Overall, a very nice special.

PokemonMDTfan
10th October 2009, 2:08 AM
The special ended like 7 mins. ago, It was good. They did change some guild voices. Sunflora sounded like Dawn with a higher pitched voice, Chatot just sounded different, but still had that geeky tone...Chimchar's voice sounds like the actor hit puberty a little but it was the same voice actor from before, and everyone else that was in the last special had the same voice. It was a good special. But that was everyone's only chance to catch it on TV(Or so we know). I'm sure people on YouTube will throw up the english version soon.

Any news on when the DVD will be released?

Dattebayo
10th October 2009, 2:09 AM
Shoot, I really wanted to see the epic battle against Dialga. Why must it be wasted with Piplup and Grovyle's conversation on what's gonna happen to them?

PokemonMDTfan
10th October 2009, 2:11 AM
REMEMBER: It's to promote the upcoming game guys. I've been through that phase already last year...

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 2:12 AM
I can't tell who's voicing Chatot. At least the original voice actors reprised their roles. The sea of time reminds me of how of an episode of One Piece where the Straw Hats rode a water vortex up to these islands in the sky. It's pretty similar.

The temple is a ship? That seems pretty cool.

Oh look, Dusknoir and Sableye appear to stop them from defeating Dialga.

Oh, now they're frozen in time? Well, they don't seem to be doing much anyway but I would've loved to see Wigglytuff use Hyper Voice again.

Dusknoir just stands there and talks about what he should be doing. An awesome fusion of water and fire.

Dusknoir is trying to suck up PokéPals in a dark vortex. Dialga was just touched by w Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Whirlpool/Flame Thrower combination attack.

Grovyle goes back to the future with Dusknoir and gives up the Time Gears. Now Piplup and Chimchar are crying over Grovyle leaving.

That's a very unimpressive ship. I really wished they showed the battle with Dialga.

Overall, a very nice special.

At the Chatot part, I do too, but thanks a lot CN for squashing up the credits due to those crappy previews that weren't even necessary we may never find out. It sounded weird to not hear Maddie and can't you believe it'll have been a year in a couple of months?

Grovyle just sounds way too sexy for my part and secondly he reminded me of Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia. Dusknoir wasn't terrible as I thought; even if it were a little deep. I recognized Ash's voice from Wigglytuff (yes, Sarah) :D Wow, I think I'm really getting interested in hearing other actors and actresses. I nearly teared up in the end (yes, who says a 20 year old can't cry?) because it reminded me of something in the past as well how parting brings sorrow.

Why is it always the introduction before a show that starts always gets me? The cheerful vibe and partners battling and running in scenes with dramatic/exciting music playing in the background? I just wish we could get a MD anime of its own (maybe we could if TPCI could create it.) and the climax was touching too. I wonder why Croagunk never left the Shop and Swap in the guild? And where on earth is Dugtrio? Anyways, seeing the darkness looming across the sky was kind of frightening and cool at the same time. An exhilarating special comes to an end and here's to the next installment whenever that is! Whether it be 2010 or not!

(Ya know, I wouldn't mind a short comic strip that spans in between each chapter of the game.)

PokemonMDTfan
10th October 2009, 2:15 AM
I wouldn't either. I made a whole topic about wanting it to be an anime last year. The beginning reason I exist here and now on the forums because of an MD special...xD

DextriuX
10th October 2009, 2:21 AM
The special ended like 7 mins. ago, It was good. They did change some guild voices. Sunflora sounded like Dawn with a higher pitched voice, Chatot just sounded different, but still had that geeky tone...Chimchar's voice sounds like the actor hit puberty a little but it was the same voice actor from before, and everyone else that was in the last special had the same voice. It was a good special. But that was everyone's only chance to catch it on TV(Or so we know). I'm sure people on YouTube will throw up the english version soon.

Any news on when the DVD will be released?

I read on an add in game stop that if you pre order PMD sky you get the dvd.;492-s;;munchlax;

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 2:22 AM
I read on an add in game stop that if you pre order PMD sky you get the dvd.;492-s;;munchlax;

thank you for the information. hopefully someone will stream (or upload) it online and then we can figure out who the actors were.

I wouldn't either. I made a whole topic about wanting it to be an anime last year. The beginning reason I exist here and now on the forums because of an MD special...xD

True. I remember years ago when the first special came, I read on bulbapedia that there were episodes of the series itself, however truth behold that never came to be.

DextriuX
10th October 2009, 2:26 AM
;477;
thank you for the information. hopefully someone will stream (or upload) it online and then we can figure out who the actors were.

True. I remember years ago when the first special came, I read on bulbapedia that there were episodes of the series itself, however truth behold that never came to be.

Welcome! I hated chatots voice so I hope they got a better one. I've been refreshing youtube ever since I heard it came on today!!!;477;

Rainbowdashtheawesome
10th October 2009, 2:30 AM

Yeah. I preordered it a month ago and picked up the DVD a couple days ago. I had come in to place a preorder for the strategy guide and found out that they now had the DVDs ready. In other words, it's true.
Am I imagining things or does Chimchar sound exactly like Barry?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 2:32 AM
yeah. I preordered it a month ago and picked up the dvd a couple days ago. I had come in to place a preorder for the strategy guide and found out that they now had the dvds ready. In other words, it's true.
Am i imagining things or does chimchar sound exactly like barry?

i knew he sounds familiar! That voice couldn't escape me!

DextriuX
10th October 2009, 2:56 AM
i knew he sounds familiar! That voice couldn't escape me!

Now that you mention it, kinda. I've only seen one episode with Barry in it.

PokemonHero
10th October 2009, 2:58 AM
Man, I totally f'ed things up. I missed the special. :( Stupid college applications...

So I'll have to wait for it to get up on YouTube (assuming I can get the damn site to work...).

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 3:09 AM
Man, I totally f'ed things up. I missed the special. :( Stupid college applications...

So I'll have to wait for it to get up on YouTube (assuming I can get the damn site to work...).

Do you get Satellite television? (Like Direct TV) If so, you can always view CNwest. Ya know, perhaps I could record the episode on my laptop with the webcam. ;) Nah, that wouldn't work. And didn't anyone else get that "HD Available wherever" on the screen?

PokemonHero
10th October 2009, 3:11 AM
Do you get Satellite television? (Like Direct TV) If so, you can always view CNwest. Ya know, perhaps I could record the episode on my laptop with the webcam. ;) Nah, that wouldn't work. And didn't anyone else get that "HD Available wherever" on the screen?

Nope, stuck with cable.

And Pokemon switched over to HD starting as of last week's episode.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 3:13 AM
Nope, stuck with cable.

And Pokemon switched over to HD starting as of last week's episode.

Well dang, hopefully someone will upload it eventually in the meantime. Also doesn't Cartoon Network have Pokemon episodes on their website for a week till the next one comes?

Sunain
10th October 2009, 4:46 AM
Contrary to the "Available in High Definition where available" lower third at the beginning of the special, the episode did not air in true High Definition. Was just upscaled standard definition.

DarkMammoth
10th October 2009, 4:49 AM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when Grovyle said "Watch out! Dusknoir's going to do something!" Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Sherlock!

Most of the dialogue was terrible, but hey, it got a laugh outta me.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 5:22 AM
Lapras voice actor.....is a lot like Cynthia! And I heard a bit of Byron within Grovyle too.

GalladeRocks
10th October 2009, 6:36 AM
*Sniff!* Oh, I do love this episode, and the game it's based off of, obviously. Grovyle is so awesome! He's my favorite Pokemon character of all time! Heroic, tough, courageous...Truely, is anyone better than Grovyle? Especially his sacrifice...Everytime I see Grovyle's sacrifice, I can't help but tear up. To quote everyone's favorite talking Pokemon, "IT SURE DOES A NUMBA ON DA NOIVES!!!"

Oh, and why did they make Lapras a girl, or at least make him sound like a girl? He's a guy in the games, so make him one in the show!

rocky505
10th October 2009, 7:22 AM
I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.

Torpoleon
10th October 2009, 1:37 PM
I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.
Maybe they'll fight Dialga in a future special? I don't know. At least the special where Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle fought Dusknoir was good!

PokemonHero
10th October 2009, 3:00 PM
Lapras voice actor.....is a lot like Cynthia! And I heard a bit of Byron within Grovyle too.

That's because Grovyle is voiced is voiced by Dan Green.

pokedexfiller
10th October 2009, 4:08 PM
they better make one good sequel, cuz i want to know what happenes. it was very exciting and high energy, but im still CONfused!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
10th October 2009, 6:30 PM
I think I know who voiced Chatot in this special. It's Mr. Honcho (Classroom Training and Sliding towards Seventh) only with a less deeper voice.

Battra
10th October 2009, 9:51 PM
It was good, just enough info to give you a taste of the game without spoiling alot.

umbreonluver
11th October 2009, 2:58 AM
;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

umbreonluver
11th October 2009, 2:59 AM
;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

umbreonluver
11th October 2009, 3:03 AM
well who did the piplup and chimchar?

SmartD
16th October 2009, 1:11 AM
Watched the special two days ago, it's really good. It had a good plot, and was exciting like the previous one. The voices were good too. I think Sunflora got a different voice because she(?) sounded different than the last one. Dusknoir voice was cool, spooky and evil. His voice sounded familiar, I think I know who voices him, but I have to check. And of course, Dan Green was great voicing Grovyle in this special, especially near the end. Overall, it was a good special, I wish they did more like it.

Electivirus
25th October 2009, 2:25 AM
Finally got a free copy of the special along with my new copy of PMD. DAN GREEEEEEN'S Grovyle's Heroic Sacrifice was pretty well done, IMO. Almost had me crying. :P

Lorde
5th January 2010, 9:00 AM
It was probably my least favorite PMD Special to date.

Dan Green voicing Grovyle was unexpected though. It suited the character but it's the story itself that I didn't like. It starts off at a random part and ends in a cliff-hanger. And we all know that they'll never show the ending...

Not good at all in my opinion. 3/10

Ash-kid
27th January 2010, 1:48 PM
Loved this episode. Loved how Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle battled little against Dusknoir. Grovyle always seems cool and relaxed, I thought that Ash's Grovyle is special but it's probably all the Grovyle's nature.
7/10

The Outcast
21st July 2010, 7:38 PM
This'll probobly be ignored but, whatever.

I found this to feel....quite embarassing, with several things wrong.

However, I do not hate the people who made it but I feel like correcting this whole thing my self.

1. My one issue is Dan Green voicing Grovyle, He's not bad but he's not good. His voice doesn't fit the character. In the game, hes a badass, cunning, intelligent, and quickly resourcful pokemon. Here, changes into the guy who's annoying and tells you exactly whats going on, "He's about to do something!" My god was that embarrassing.

2. I did like the voices for the Sableeye (Who is actually who voiced the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2) and Dusknoir (IDK him...)

3. The genders for the Lapras and Wigglytuff were wrong, in the game they are both guys.

4. EVERYONE at the guild knew EXACTLY whats going on and had totally bad voices for their characters.

5. The one joke out of the entire special wasn't funny.

6. Some sayings where....awkward
Grovyle: Your going to have to knock him out.
Piplup and Chimchar: KNOCK HIM OUT?!?!

7. The scene where grovyle goes back to the future is quite wrong, he doesn't fly 60 feet in the air and bounce into the portal, he simply pushes him dusknoir in.

8. Sayings were awkward.
Anime: "I studied this in the future" "Oh yeah, I forgot"
Game: "Can you read this grovyle?" "Give me a second!"
Makes it sound like he went to the library for this stuff.

While I think it is bad, I find it somewhat enjoyable, though only slightly. But I still think the first special (Go-getters) was probobly the worst I've ever seen.
I guess this one was the most, Dissapointing? Or would it be wrong?

What ever, theres my thought. And I can't blame them, considering how much time they had to make it. besides, its not a TOTAL disaster. Seeing as how the Sableeye was voiced by the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2!

Piplup-Luv
24th November 2010, 11:38 PM
I absolutely loved this episode and the one before it. I do think some parts were a bit overdramatic like when grovyle grabs Dusknoir in the game he just shoves said pokemon in with him instead of jumping in the air.

Some of the sentences sounded arkward like at the Rainbow Stoneship and the Unown tablet there.

A few voices didn't match the characters, Some of the guild members, and mainly Grovyle; in my opinion at least. Grovyle should have sounded badass like he is in the game. In this episode he sounded annoying. Lapras, would have matched if he was a girl but he's a guy in the game.

Still, the episode was amazing and I wish they had made it a series like Pokemon Chronicles instead of just having two episodes. It would have been cool to see the whole game as animie, especialy Fogbound Lake, Crystal Cave & Lake, and definately the Future, the Primal Dialga battle, and the ending.^^

Painkiller2001
3rd December 2010, 2:41 AM
Two PMD episodes with two cool and awesome characters between them:
First part - Gabite
Second Part - Grovyle

Grovyle was just so cool in this special.

It was sad that he died/sacrificed himself in the end. We'll miss you, Grovyle!

I hope more of these types of specials air on TV in the future!

G50
1st March 2011, 7:59 PM
This special was very cool. Not as good as the 1 prior, but still very good. I like how they used much of the main plot of the game in this special. I like the 3-attack combination that Chimchar, Piplup, and Grovyle used to defeat Dusknoir and Sableye it was great. Many of the lines were exactly the same as the game. Wigglytuff was funny as usual. The part where they all hold hands(etc.) to brace themselves for the time stoppage didn't make much sense to me.

78/100

hawkmbl
18th April 2011, 12:31 AM
In my opinion this was the best special of them all. They need to make more, or even remake the ending of the game. And if they don't, I want to. This special has a Code Lyoko feel to the end of the special. (In the terms of the way to make cliff hangers)

But why, why, WHY did they have to cut out the introduction to the future and all of those other adventures? It made a big plot hole...

Littlemyuu
11th October 2011, 11:33 PM
Saw this one again like 15 days ago, and still i cry when Grovyle took Dusknoir back to the Future, Piplup and Chimcar are soo good as a team and strong :3 i really hope they make more MD episodes because its my favorite Pokemon spin-off

Tanglewolf
15th April 2014, 6:51 PM
It was good. Not great but good