PDA

View Full Version : Training Daze! (013)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 3:54 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/S13/HOSO1324.jpgTraining Daze!

Team Rocket Recall their Rocket Training involving where they meet and how they get past the trials. Can they get the Red Snorlax before Butch & Cassidy?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/013.shtml)

Discuss

Ororo Munroe
3rd November 2004, 6:28 PM
This episode looks like it's good. I like the red TR outfits they have and it's nice to see how Jessie, James, abd Meowth became a team.

KreKitten
1st January 2005, 7:15 AM
i really really wanna see this. it looked so awesome. of all the episodes describing how they met i think i would go w/ this one. how can i see it in english? all of the specials actually? oops is this the wrong place to ask? ::hides::

carnahan
13th January 2005, 1:06 PM
Where can I download this episode ??

Bulba the Great!
25th February 2005, 1:54 AM
I liked how they reverted to the "old" animation of Jesse and James. (You know, with the "eviler" eyes that are real slanted like at the beginning of Kanto). It showed how they would've looked if the second Pokemon episode were redone.

...I can dream, right?

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Yama~
18th March 2005, 11:56 PM
*ahem* Okay, this episode (Yes, I can rant because this is the thread specified for it! XD).

I will grant them that I love the fact that they tried to incorporate Team Rocket's history. You don't get to see much anymore in the actual show on the real essence of Team Rocket, so it was nice to see how one actually joins Team Rocket (the choosing process, and the many different obsticals and such).

But...

There were just wayyyy too many cannon mistakes! First of all, Musashi and Kojirou supposedly meet up for the first time in this episode.

Um, HELLO? What happened to flunking out of Pokemon Tech together? The Bridge Bike gang...? I suppose those just kind of... disappeared from their memories? I mean, sure, the series portrays Musa and Koji to be pretty dense at times, but you don't just forget things like that. You don't.

Next. Remember in The Breeding Center Secret, how Kojirou acts completely oblivious to Yamato and Kosaburou?

Well. They meet in this special. Several times. Which, I remind you, is set way BEFORE The BCS. Once again, I doubt Koji would completely forget the team that he had to battle against for what he thought was only one spot into Team Rocket (the trek at the end that both teams made was originally fighting for ONE spot into the Team, though, in the end, both are allowed in anyway).

Another thing that bothers me.

Yamato and Kosaburou losing to Musashi and Kojirou?

Okay, so maybe they've done it in the series (darn good guy favoritism...). But I find it VERY hard to believe that the two of them fail like they do, and Musa and Koji squeeze on past them. Excuse me for having a bit of faith in my favorite team, but I don't exactly see them getting into Team Rocket on a technicality. For being favored over Musashi and Kojirou by Sakaki himself, I kind of figured that their entrance into Team Rocket would have been a bit more... concrete, you know? With something like that happening, I imagine their first conversation with the boss would have been along the lines of "Alright, you're in. But if you screw up once, you're OUT." Um, no. Not to Yama and Kosa. Just... no.

Eh, aside from all of this, I'd just like to cover my personal pet-peeve, too:

Everyone calls Kosaburou "Kosanji!" Blargh! That's a Koji thing. :/ What really gets me is when Yamato calls him that. You can ignore my reasoning if you like, as it's a TOTALLY personal thing, but it's kind of my belief that Yama and Kosa knew each other before they joined Team Rocket as well. Sept they HATED each other with a burning passion (but they quickly learn to work out their differences, and that their strong and weak points work out perfectly to be a dynamic Rocket duo). But one thing Yama has always been able to do is get Kosa's name right. The only person. u_u; She's not that retarded. @_@; Nyyyeehhh! I don't know how to explain it without completely going into an explination of my own cannon, but yeah, that's pretty much my reasoning for that small thing. Call me a loser if you must; you wouldn't be the first.

Anywho, that's all I can remember for now that bothers me about that episode. But yeah. Hello writers?! Where were your heads?

As a frequent Rocket rper, my RP buddy and I have chosen to completely ignore this episode. It's just... too incorrect. Nyeh.

Thanks, but no thanks, writers. @_@;

Ketsuban
19th March 2005, 12:06 AM
It's love and TRUTH. Not YOUTH. You know, like in their MOTTO?

"Upholding the evils of love and truth,
The lovely, charming villains!"

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th June 2005, 5:55 AM
It occurs to me...

...if the dub messes this one up...

...it could wind up making SENSE.

Katsumi_aiai
29th June 2005, 5:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know if this will be shown in the US? because I really want to see it...

Blaziken master
30th July 2005, 7:23 PM
I heard this one was on today

Sharpshooter
3rd August 2005, 5:04 PM
Team Rocket were really professional in this episode, showing them in a different light for once other than just being losers all the time. Jessie and James were really mature and worked hard through their training, caring for one another too, not to mention a a notable amount of RocketShipping, particularly when Jessie blushed after saving James from the pitfall. I liked the way they looked at wach other lol.

How many times was Butch's name mispronounced in this episode? About 15? Each one was different, including Bip, Bob, Bill and many others. I liked it when she did actually call him by his real name and then getting ****** for thinking she called him for something else heh.

Also Team Rocket's "Prepare For Trouble" song (the one from 2.b.a master) was played towards the end. Haven't heard that since the Orange Islands.

Batdude
3rd August 2005, 7:44 PM
Yeah, "Team Rocket's Rockin'" playing was great. I really liked seeing Jessie and Cassidy with no earrings or make up. They even took Butch's name mistakes further, calling him 'Chuck' this time. Quite a connection there!

And now we see that Persian totally hated Meowth from the word go. Giovanni's voice was a bit higher than usual. It didn't have it's gritty charm. Nevertheless, I really liked this ep.

Alfonso
3rd August 2005, 8:04 PM
Also Team Rocket's "Prepare For Trouble" song (the one from 2.b.a master) was played towards the end. Haven't heard that since the Orange Islands.

Where abouts in the episode? Was it in the bit where they were making their way up the 'Pent House'/Tower? A good replacement for Maemuki Roketto Dan, then. :D

Batdude
3rd August 2005, 8:12 PM
Yeah. It starts just as Cassidy and Butch enter, followed by Jessie and James. It doesn't do the whole song, but it was nice to hear it.

What was the music in the original? Just their generic music or what?

Sharpshooter
3rd August 2005, 8:21 PM
Where abouts in the episode? Was it in the bit where they were making their way up the 'Pent House'/Tower? A good replacement for Maemuki Roketto Dan, then. :D

Yeah as Batdude was saying, they just sort of fluffed around the openings lines of it, it never got into full flow onwards part, just some sort of remix. Nice to hear it though still. Maybe they'll play "Misty's Song!" at some point during Luvdisc episode as well! :D

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
3rd August 2005, 8:34 PM
it was a cool episode

I never knew Jessie, James and Meowth were actually good until they met Ash and co

It was nice to see how they became members but James should never say 'Mama' it dosent sound right

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th August 2005, 12:31 AM
So you say Giovanni's voice is 'higher' in this episode? Is it like he sounded in Puzzle League then?

As long as it isn't as jarring as it was in the Japanese version of Evolution Solution, it should be fine (he sounded like he was still a teenager. Seriously.)

Also--did Viper keep the same name?

Batdude
4th August 2005, 12:34 AM
I can't recall if we even heard his name. Guy with purple fin hair, right? Sorry for being so technical about it. I just love fine details...

Giovanni's voice just wasn't as low as it was in, say, the first movie or when Ash gets the Earth Badge. Essentially the same voice though.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th August 2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, the Mohawk Man. His name gets said ONCE in Japanese (Gio calls him "Viper-kun", and for some reason it took forever for that name to circulate)

I figured it would still be Ted Lewis. If anyone replaced him, the fans would riot (although I can kinda see Jim Cummings doing a one-time stand-in voice with his Cortez voice from Road to El Dorado, but that's beside the point).

Did he still have the precice diction? That's what makes Lewis's Giovanni voice, to me.

Heracross
4th August 2005, 12:45 AM
Eh? o_o Maemuki Roketto Dan wasn't playing at that point. It was just used as the ending for the episode.

Batdude
4th August 2005, 12:45 AM
From what I recall it was basically the same, just a semitone or two higher. It was the same voice, I'm nearly sure of it.

As for Viper, I have no idea. I still can't get used to Cassidy's voice though. A bit of a shock that JJ&M graduated before them though. I loved when James was in the bandages. His little bit of hair sticking out (and Butch mirroring it later on) made me laugh.

Alfonso
4th August 2005, 12:46 AM
Eh? o_o Maemuki Roketto Dan wasn't playing at that point. It was just used as the ending for the episode.

...Dammit. >_>; I was thinking of Roketto Dan Yo Eien Ni. -_-

Batdude
4th August 2005, 1:10 AM
Did anyone else think that when Jessie pulled James and Meowth up at the end that it looked a bit risqué? James nearly on top of Jessie, both sweating, both panting...

Meowth sure complained alot. Not like the good ol' Kanto Meowth.

Torkoal Stu
4th August 2005, 6:37 AM
He was called Viper but he had some title there Officer or something along those lines I might be Sargent(sp?) but his name was Viper if thats important. Well James went back to bottlecaps, when he gave meowth the bottle he actually said "I'll take the bottle cap i'm collecting them." And alot of the "We're a team" and stuff like that. But yes the played one of my favourite Pokemon songs, but one line always makes me laugh

James: I'll be the King
Jessie: And i'll be the queen
Meowth: And i'll be the Joker

That always makes me laugh.

Did anyone else think that when Jessie pulled James and Meowth up at the end that it looked a bit risqué? James nearly on top of Jessie, both sweating, both panting...
Yeah, it did seem a bit well it looked as you put it risqué. My sister shouted "OMG! There going to have sex!" or something I was like yeah in Pokemon.

Also that Red Snorlax thing you could tell it was fake, duh Snorlaxs are not red. Also I could of swore somebody called Butch a name that began with C or sounded like a C, but Casidy did say Butch but he said something like Its Butch it was quite funny. Also Butch actually said "I'm changing my name," it was funny, also as ShucklemasterJ said James should never say "Mama" because:

Jessie: Hello James, i'll let you knwo i'm not going to carry you.
James: No one has carried me since my mama.

That was kinda creepy as well. It was ok though, one of the better and one of least dubbed ruined episodes.

Little_Munkki
4th August 2005, 8:25 AM
Also that Red Snorlax thing you could tell it was fake, duh Snorlaxs are not red.

There are several instances on this show where pokemon aren't their natural color.

Also I could of swore somebody called Butch a name that began with C or sounded like a C,

The called him "Chuck". Someone said it already on this board said it.

but Casidy did say Butch but he said something like Its Butch it was quite funny.

I heard he does that in the Luvdisc special, too. People say his name wrong so many times, even if they actually get it right, he corrects them out of sheer force of habit.

Also Butch actually said "I'm changing my name," it was funny

XD Are you serious? Well, it would definately save the guy a lot of aggrivation. Although, I gotta say, the gag where everyone fails to get his name right is getting kinda old to me. Why do the hell do they keep messing it up? Is it his voice that's the reason? I know it is a little difficult to understand what he's saying because of his wierdly deep, froggy voice, but still...

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th August 2005, 10:42 AM
He was called Viper but he had some title there Officer or something along those lines I might be Sargent(sp?) but his name was Viper if thats important. Well James went back to bottlecaps, when he gave meowth the bottle he actually said "I'll take the bottle cap i'm collecting them." And alot of the "We're a team" and stuff like that. But yes the played one of my favourite Pokemon songs, but one line always makes me laugh

James: I'll be the King
Jessie: And i'll be the queen
Meowth: And i'll be the Joker

That always makes me laugh.

Yeah, it did seem a bit well it looked as you put it risqué. My sister shouted "OMG! There going to have sex!" or something I was like yeah in Pokemon.

Also that Red Snorlax thing you could tell it was fake, duh Snorlaxs are not red. Also I could of swore somebody called Butch a name that began with C or sounded like a C, but Casidy did say Butch but he said something like Its Butch it was quite funny. Also Butch actually said "I'm changing my name," it was funny, also as ShucklemasterJ said James should never say "Mama" because:

Jessie: Hello James, i'll let you knwo i'm not going to carry you.
James: No one has carried me since my mama.

That was kinda creepy as well. It was ok though, one of the better and one of least dubbed ruined episodes.

What about the pink Butterfree? Or (Long rant of pokemon)

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. But has the episde about Meowth's past been forgotten? This episode changed a few points in most episodes though. It was funny and it was good to see how people became Rocket Members. I'd give it 7/10. Also, Snorlax suits the colour red XD.

Geodude
5th August 2005, 12:03 AM
He was called Viper but he had some title there Officer or something along those lines I might be Sargent(sp?) but his name was Viper if thats important.
It was Drill Sergeant Viper.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th August 2005, 11:21 PM
Sweet, an actual title!

Factory Head Noland
5th August 2005, 11:30 PM
Loved this episode, a Team Rocket episode through and through. It was great to see how the Team Rocket gangs we know and love (Jessie, James & Meowth and Biff, Cassidy & Raticate...sorry I mean Butch XD) formed all those years back.

Could not stop laughing when Jessie and Cassidy were racing on the treadmills and they blew up, funny as anything!
It was great to see J, J & M actually do better than C, B & R for once.
Team Rocket were more serious and hard working back then, now they are lazy, lol.
Never saw it coming that it was Viper in the red Snorlax suit, I was shocked ^^;

Overall 10/10
Much better than "We're No Angels!", fantastic episode. I recommend anyone to watch it.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
7th August 2005, 7:31 AM
I liked it the 1st time, but the other 3 times in 1 day was annoying. On toonami.

Blaziken master
11th August 2005, 4:53 PM
This has to be my fave chronicles ep!The part I found most funny was when meowth tripped over the bucket and smashes the hall light lol!
I also noticed that Drill Sergeant Viper sounded different when he was in the red snorlax.He said in a texan voice "Trainees your'e time is up"

Anyone 4 Buttons?
19th April 2006, 1:56 PM
TR seemed a lot more confident to me, and anything where Butch's name is changed is funny to me ;)
As for the part when James was on top of Jessie...I think we all know what went through our minds then.
Whatever happened to Butch and Cassidy's Raticate?
You never know, the Snorlax may just have been a Shiny...

Ashy Boy
14th June 2006, 8:16 PM
At least we get to see a sensitive side of Team Rocket compared to several eps.

Riva
17th July 2006, 5:32 AM
This episode totally contridicts "The Breeding Center Secret".

Here, the two rival teams already know each other, but way back then, Jessie was totally shocked to see Cassidy was also a member of Team Rocket.

You can certainly tell Meowth is still young and impressionable here. First he wants to be just like Jessie by going without food or water, then cries and whines every so often. He even cries when he sees James in critical health.

James also displayed his compassion for pokemon by speaking kindly to Meowth. Maybe this is why now adays the two of them seem to be best friends.

These are the parts I liked.

Though did anyone notice Persian seemed jealous of Meowth getting Giovanni's interest? She (I get the feeling it's female for some reason) was possibly thinking didn't seem to happy was eating out of it's bowl.

cassius335
24th July 2006, 6:14 PM
Um, HELLO? What happened to flunking out of Pokemon Tech together?

Wasn't Jessie's family supposed to be dirt poor? So how did she get into Pokemon Tech anyway?

Dummy991
1st August 2006, 4:58 PM
I wish I could c that Episode!!!!!!
Even though it doesn't Fit in with Everythin' else!!!!!!!!!! T-T

WaterDragon trainer
20th August 2006, 1:25 AM
This episode was kinda interesting. It was cool to see how Jessie, James, and Meowth got together. A couple of good stuff. It was good to see Giovanni again as well as Butch's name being pronounced correctly for one. It was kinda fun to see Jessie, James, and Meowth go through their training course. I also thought it to be kind of funny that TR's entire flashback occured in the middle of their blast off.

BattleFranky~40
20th August 2006, 1:26 AM
"The only one who carried me was my mama!"

Nice one, Eric.

Zabi
20th August 2006, 1:32 AM
This episode had RocketShipping written all over it! I really liked this episdoe, 10/10

Medea
20th August 2006, 4:04 AM
Very good episode if I may say so!

This is the one and only episode I've seen ever where I never complained about Jessie. She doesn't seem to be the witch I've known her to be. Next, the wonderful Chronicle running gag...Biff? Bob?...Chuck? Okay saying Chuck kinda made me chuckle a bit.

And because I support it...Rocketshipping!

You've got to love it!

wobbanut
20th August 2006, 5:27 AM
Well, at long last I finally got to see the episode I've been DYING to see for three years (and report on it the same day!). I was not disappointed at all. :) Both of the Team Rocket specials (Jessie/James/Meowth ones) have not disappointed me. It was nice seeing the backstory on how the three of them became a team, and how they got along so great. I loved Jessie and James's delayed shock reaction to Meowth talking. LOL I especially loved hearing "Team Rocket's Rockin'" (I would have loved to see how the original motto came about, but hey, I'll take the classic tune).

It bugged me for a long time after I saw this episode how inconsistent it was with "The Breeding Center Secret", since only Jessie seemed to know Cassidy and neither seemed to know Butch, but at least they made the episode enjoyable anyway. I found it funny how Butch's first appearance was on the other side of the lockers. It was funny hearing Cassidy mess up his name (several times) for the first time ever too. I also think it was a bit odd that it wasn't acknowledged that Jessie and James already knew each other from the Pokemon Tech school and the bridge bike gang.

Despite the inconsistencies, though, I did very much enjoy these episodes. I wish we could have these positive Team Rocket episodes more often.

10/10 for me.

flannery lover
20th August 2006, 7:15 PM
i thought it was good i say it last night!

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 7:18 PM
I loved this episode.10.10

-Judai

TogeticTheRuler
21st August 2006, 3:21 AM
Aw,it was so sad!Making that promise that there gonna be the nastiest and evilest and here they are are getting blasted off again daily!So sad.....sniff......D:

Desert Flower
21st August 2006, 5:14 AM
It was odd to discover that Jessie and James actually used to be cool. If they were still like that, instead of a couple of comedy reliefs/plot devices, then the show would probably be a lot better.

BattleFranky~40
21st August 2006, 5:16 AM
It was odd to discover that Jessie and James actually used to be cool. If they were still like that, instead of a couple of comedy reliefs/plot devices, then the show would probably be a lot better.
Did you not see the 2nd episode? They used to be badass. Then they found out about Pikachu.

asia_catdog_blue
21st August 2006, 8:57 PM
Yeah. Team Rocket would have still kept their reputation if it weren't for a certian trainer and his favorite Pokemon.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
22nd August 2006, 5:57 PM
I totally forgot that Jessie and James flunked Pokemon Tech together! Maybe they didn't recognize each other or something, until later. (I mean, of course it's a plot hole. But it's fun to make up excuses for them.) It's been ages since I've seen ANY of the early episodes, though...

It was weird to hear James' voice on someone who is actually competent. Maybe Eric Stuart should've switched to the one he used in the first couple episodes... if he even remembers how to do it, that is.

The whole scene in which they're camping out and James is like, "You know, Jessie... we can be the best team ever!" seemed WAY to corny to me. o_0 Jessie's too hard to fall for that corny stuff, especially when she hasn't even met James yet.

But anywayz... that's what I think.

Libra
27th August 2006, 1:05 AM
Ok, now im starting to get used to this website and where everything is.

First off, i just saw the episode like 30some minutes ago. I must say, the episode is dead awesome! I havent seen an episode this decent since... forever.

I really like it how they met up and became a team. What made me confuse is... why were they "mature" and "dark"? Since the Jessie and James we always known is for being crazy and annoying. I wonder what makes them crack... Anyhow, I like them this way then the annoying character.

What i dislike the episode is Meowth. He's really really annoying. He's way to immature. From what i remember, i thought he was very mature when he was trying to learn how to speak for the first time (before meeting up with Jessie and James).

Oh well. Good episode no less.

C.J. Ray
27th August 2006, 4:57 AM
I liked this episode a bit, but it makes me pity those three. If it hadn't been for meeting Ash and that Pikachu, they might have done far better than what they do normally.

Francesc
9th November 2006, 12:34 PM
finall I know how Jessie, James and Meowth meet each other. I'd have to say it's one of my favorite episodes, because the good plot and because I like Team Rocket :D

Mello
10th November 2006, 11:06 AM
Well, I found it damn right awesome. It's given us a great backing story into Team Rocket... about how they came together. James was really... odd though. Always letting go... and SAYING MAMA!?!?!?! That was scary :P.

Rocketshipping Rocks!

Battra
28th November 2006, 11:12 PM
It's really interesting to see the Team Rocket training facility and what they have to go through in order to get active status. Also nice to see why Jesse, James and Meowth keep at it every episode.

Nyami
29th November 2006, 3:28 AM
I liked this chronicle. It doesn't go along with many things in the mainstream show, but it's a really good and creative episode. There are several things I didn't like, though. First and foremost: James saying "mama". Possibly the wierdest moment in the anime. Also, Jesse and James' voices were monotone through much of the episode and it started to annoy me. I know it was because of scenes that were supposed to be emotional, but it still bugged me. Cassidy's little speech when both teams reach the top of the tower was annoying because it was corny and kind of stupid.

Musapion
29th November 2006, 7:05 PM
I've watched the Japanese version several times and I still love it despite the inconsistencies with the main show, it's such a lovely special. And I love how the art's rather like a mix of the old and the new, to go with the old cool personalities. <3

Hydro
29th November 2006, 7:07 PM
i think it waz cool

luckyporygon
24th December 2006, 6:56 AM
my fav ep.

mewmew202
14th February 2007, 8:14 PM
It was my favorite special. It was a great inside look in Jessie and James past. I think they should have an episode of all the charecters early days like Ash when he was like 5. That would be interesting.

EvilTogepi_666
24th April 2007, 10:01 PM
This episode is awsome and i think it is 1 episode you really shouldn't miss! you can get it on DVD off tinternet or via getting off ya butt and goin to the shops and byin it!

I really like the fact that it goes back to when they were training and if you look closely, in the background when Jesse and James meet for the first time you can see Mew fly past! How Cake-alicious!

Mewtwo's Apprentice
15th July 2007, 12:52 PM
I love this episode. I think James was a lot different then but just as gorgeous. I like any episode centered on team rocket because these episodes are more in depth then when they are trying to steal Pikachu all the time.

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 6:29 PM
I loved this episode! I loved seeing Team Rocket's past

jigglypoof
4th September 2008, 3:40 PM
I really liked this episode, and it only reaffirmed my desire for Team Rocket to get their own spinoff xD (joking, joking - what would they call it, "Leave It To Team Rocket"?). They were definitely cool and successful before Pikachu and Ash fogged their brains :/

But it really bugged me that they didn't seem to be familiar with the other before their drill instructor introduced them. Either they had some kind of falling out years before and pretended to be strangers, or... I don't know, they didn't recognize each other? But it's kinda hard to forget hair like Jessie's! ;) Maybe the writers just weren't aware of their past, or chose to ignore it because that was all explored seasons ago, and the kids watching it now might not be aware and get confused - still a stupid reason if true.

Blue Snover
9th October 2008, 10:45 AM
I really liked this episode, it showed that Team Rocket weren't always failures.

Madame Pika
5th August 2009, 5:14 PM
I recently saw this episode. The whole thing was ruined for me though by James's terrible acting. Really wish I'd been able to find it in Japanese. Anyway, I liked the way it really showed the strength of TR's friendship.

The complete lack of cannon also annoyed me.

Armaldo48
3rd January 2010, 10:07 AM
I think this was one of the greatest specials ever. Seeing the past of Jessie, James and Meowth. Competing against Butch and Cassidy. Overall a great episode

10/10

Ash-kid
27th January 2010, 12:32 PM
Team Rocket's past was like that, huh?
I think that James gave a good fight to Jessie, he prooved that he's better like her in missions of crime.
7.5/10

STICKTOPIA
3rd February 2010, 2:46 AM
This is the greatest pokemon chronicles episode imo. I enjoyed seeing how they came together. I support them succeeding in anything as long as it has nothing to do with Ash's side of things. James really has a soft spot. He let go of Meowth's tail just to save them. That's just tough. It's amazing how he was about to do again in that place. If I just the episode up to the part where James was over Jessie and they were breathing heavily, I would have thought they were doing "something else." These guys were literally in the air for all that time.... Ahh James and his bottle caps.... Good times...

Lorde
17th April 2010, 11:25 AM
I wasn't very impressed by this episode, probably because I don't enjoy past events in the anime. I did like how it showcased more of Cassidy and Jessie's rivalry as shown while they ran on those treadmills; just goes to show that rivalries can last years. I thought the scene where James and Jessie first met was interesting, he had such an impressive aura around him, he seemed more serious/confident. They managed to survive in the wild and they put up a great effort during their Red Snorlax drill; I almost wish they put their heart and soul into everything they did, they might succeed. Interesting special, giving us the inside story but I thought it could've been more informative. 4/10.

Willow's Tara
25th June 2010, 12:00 PM
Good episode, I liked seeing how it all begun, Jessie and James really were more serious back then now. Maybe that tells them if they weren't around Ash they could get back to what they were before Pokemon Emergency episode.
Stick- lol that's true it almost looked like they had been sleeping together, if anyone watched at that point they might think the same lol

G50
1st March 2011, 2:39 PM
This episode was good. It was cool to see how Jessie, James, Meowth became a team, and became agents of TR. Meowth was such a scaredy cat throughout most of the tests. I'm not surprised Jessie kept losing all her partners before finally joining up with James and Meowth. As always nobody gets Butch's name right, and back then not even Cassidy which was very funny.

60/100

ForgottenPearl
9th July 2012, 1:39 AM
After glancing at the Bulbapedia entry for this episode, it seems that the story here contradicts a few of the earlier episodes. However, overall, I thought this was an incredible episode: it was funny, exciting, and fleshed out Team Rocket well.

To begin with, I like how the trio was so casual as they flew through the air, blasting off to some other place. Flashback was used very well in this episode: even a bottle cap can carry with it a number of memories.

I noticed that they claimed Cassidy was the leader of her group: it seemed to imply through the episode that the female is the dominant member of each team. I found that interesting. It was also exciting to see Jessie and James challenge Biff and Cassidy. Meowth was pretty darn funny in how he tried to suck up to Giovanni.

The trio was fleshed out well. They were ambitious and slowly learned how to work as a team. There were also some nice shipping hints laced throughout the episode. And even though they were ambitious and competent, they still had plenty of personality, in contrast to the BW trio. I was surprised, though, to see that Meowth seemed like the least competent member of the group at this time, especially since I’d say he’s the brains in other episodes.

It was funny to see how the Team Rocket facility was so much like a school. James’s injury was amusing too. I also liked the infiltration of the building at the end: funny animation, and the song was chosen well. Plus, it was funny when Butch realized, hey, she actually got my name right!

I liked the team’s renewed commitment at the end of the episode. It’s odd: I kinda pity them and want to see them be successful, but, uh, they’re the bad guys. Nice when a story pulls off ambiguity like that so well.

Oh, and at the end, Jessie said, “Every silver lining has a cloud.” That struck me as an odd line. I think they were going for, “Every cloud has a silver lining.” Not that this is a big deal.

Overall, this is another amazing Chronicles episode.

☭Azimuth_055☣
25th June 2013, 4:08 PM
Recently watched this episode. So that's how TRio started... I wasn't surprised to see Jessie not getting along so well with her partners because part of that attitude is still visible as of yet. The scene where James and Jessie meet up for the first time was good too. I probably wouldn't mention anything more, but this chronicle... is quite good. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

PokemonJesus123
22nd October 2013, 10:41 AM
Best character development episode that the Team Rocket trio has ever had...
9/10!

PokemontrainerY
25th October 2013, 4:20 PM
This spacial was centerd around TR. It was nice to see how Jessie, James and mewoth meet each other and became TRio. The flashbacks perfectly fits in this episode. Cassidy and Jessie's rivaly was intersting and every TR member getting Biff's ... I mean Butch's name wrong was funny.

zhixun
1st June 2014, 8:32 PM
I love this side stories so much and I finally know the story of Rocket Dan. Unfortunately Musashi's character has turned worse than what she was in the anime. Just not like her rude attitude towards Kojiro and Nyarth later in the anime.