PDA

View Full Version : Putting the Air Back In Aerodactyl! (015)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 4:59 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S16.jpgPutting the Air Back In Aerodactyl!

Gary has invited Prof. Oak & Tracey to a nearby island where an Aerodactyl has recently been revived and is causing problems in town. Gary needs to know how to stop it. Can he?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/016.shtml)

Discuss

meggirl63
24th October 2004, 2:23 AM
*squeals with delight* GARY OAK IS SOOOOOO HOT AND SEXY IN A LAB COAT!!!!!!!

Gigi
24th October 2004, 9:19 PM

Yey! Another who is turned on by lab coats! I'm not alone!
*cough* Err... Nice episode. Coulda been better, but I liked the characters. :3

meggirl63
29th October 2004, 1:16 PM
Yey! Another who is turned on by lab coats! I'm not alone!
*cough* Err... Nice episode. Coulda been better, but I liked the characters. :3

I'm glad that you totally agree with me! :D

Alfonso
29th October 2004, 6:51 PM
...This Hoso was semi-enjoyable. I wasn't too keen on Gary's Japanese voice, if truth be told. But Tracey was in it, so yay. And Butch and Cassidy had some great moments...

[Butch and Cassidy have just recited the first half of the motto.]

Yamato: YAM-ATO! (upclose shot of Yamato, pointing to her face, smiling.)
Kosaburo: KOSABURO! (upclose shot of Kosaburo, smiling and giving a thumbs up.)

I thought that bit was great. As was the appearence of Houndour and Hitmontop.

meggirl63
31st October 2004, 3:19 AM
Is there any way I could hear a clip of Gary's Japanese voice?

Crystal Latios
1st November 2004, 11:06 PM
...This Hoso was semi-enjoyable. I wasn't too keen on Gary's Japanese voice, if truth be told. But Tracey was in it, so yay. And Butch and Cassidy had some great moments...

[Butch and Cassidy have just recited the first half of the motto.]

Yamato: YAM-ATO! (upclose shot of Yamato, pointing to her face, smiling.)
Kosaburo: KOSABURO! (upclose shot of Kosaburo, smiling and giving a thumbs up.)

I thought that bit was great. As was the appearence of Houndour and Hitmontop.

I agree with you, like always I do XD

I like Butchy voice. I mean, his japanese voice is not so scary like dub voice.
Also, a battle between TR and Gary was really cool.
Hehehe, this Gary`s partner is nice. Maybe she is his GF? *Flannery is looking at Meggie* Ok, probably she is not :p

Sharpshooter
7th January 2005, 9:19 PM
Being a Gary fan, it was fantastic to the great one back in action, double battle against Team Rocket was the main highlight of the episode. Like many others, I didn't aprove of Shigeru's voice actor though.

Did Ikue Ootani (Pikachu's voice actor) do Misawo's voice in the episode? It sounded awfully like her.

~Toshi~
6th June 2005, 2:50 PM

*twitch* *twitch*

How in the hell can you be turned on by a CARTOON CHARACTER?!? Good lord, he's just a animated drawing.

Fullmetal_Alchemist
12th June 2005, 10:45 PM
But a very good looking drawing :D

Would some nice person put up a clip of his Japanese voice please?

Lady Renegade
21st June 2005, 4:43 PM
yes but half of these drawings are better than the men in real life!!! kenji is in my opinion sex on legsXD

Blaziken master
11th August 2005, 6:32 PM
I just saw this ep today,its pretty good.Gary's assistant's dub name is Lara while her sister's is crystal.The butch name mistake was"Cassidy and Butcher" which I found pretty funny! Overall its an ok episode just good to see Gary's umbreon though! Oh and by the way Gary keeps his usual voice.

Sharpshooter
17th August 2005, 6:13 PM
Yeah this episode was great, one of the best chronicles episodes so far if not the best. Gary played the good guy throughout the episode and he suited it quite well. His battle with Team Rocket was cool for the fact his Umbreon was kicking *** pretty much the whole time.

Butch's name was prounonced Butcher by Professor Oak on the first occasion and Bip by the little girl on the second occasion, talk about lack of consistency.

Glad no real slip ups by 4kids here, all voices were kept as the same as they've always been throughout the series. Good job I enjoyed that :D

Tifa
17th August 2005, 6:16 PM
Yeah i just finished watching this, it was really good, I agree umbreon was great, and so was that Ivysaur. That wasa good episode either way. Cant wait for next weeks.

inuyasha maniac
20th August 2005, 3:08 PM
duhh ivisuar is supostue be a exellent pokemon.i didnt see the episode cuase i live in qubec so i saw 1 with a sick lunatone and a repeat of the episode of the weather institute gets attacked by team aqua ;351; ;351; ;351; ;351;

pokeee
21st August 2005, 12:47 PM
ok i need some English names here

The little girl?
The sientist-woman?
The sientist-man?

Blaziken master
21st August 2005, 7:51 PM
Little girl:Crystal
scientist lady:Lara
can't remember the other..
I know these because I've got it on DVD.Hope these help!

xXFallenButterflyXx
4th September 2005, 1:57 AM
Originally Posted by meggirl63

*coughs and raises hand* I'm also guilty.

Anyways, I heard that it showed in the USA and I missed it... *goes off to sulk in a corner while muttering* "I thought one of these FAQ said that 4kids don't show any Pokémon episodes that don't have Ash in it."

Originally Posted by Blaziken master
I know these because I've got it on DVD.Hope these help!

*grabs you* Where. Did. You. Get. The. DVD?

Magus
23rd December 2005, 7:02 PM
So, Ash never bothered to tell Professor Oak about his Aerodactyl encounter? Because Oak obviously thought they were extinct in this episode.

Jazlynn
15th January 2006, 9:10 AM
okay! One of these days Butch is gonna have a totally mental break down. Give him a break! I've been called worse in my high school years. h***! I've been called Turtle girl just cause I liked the Ninja Turtles. bleh

Medea
12th March 2006, 4:06 PM
Saw this episode yesterday and well...it...was...okay!

That's all I can say, but at least we got to see Gary again (it has been a while for me). And of course, I have to fall in love with Tracey again.

Eh, basically whatever Lady Renegade said!

Nyami
3rd September 2006, 7:34 AM
Saw most of the ep. I love the cast and even though the ep was kind of 'eh.' it was interesting with the cool mix of cast. I'm very happy Gary is coming back in Shinou. Although, I don't get why since his Japanese VA left and the Japanese supposedly respect their voice actors so much that he got written out after the Silver Conference? I usually am annoyed by the nobody-gets-Butch's-name-right gag because I think it got old a looooooonnnnnnggggg time ago, but I actually laughed at it in this one. I thought Cassidy's voice was really close to her original one, which is great considering her voice was totally butchered when B&C first appeared in Showdown at the Oak Coral. The dubbers apparently also got the pokemon names mispronunciations thing set straight because she called Houn-DOUR Houn-DOOR in that ep.

Judai Yuki
3rd September 2006, 7:36 AM
A ten-year old owning his own lab?Ultimate pwnage!

-Judai

Dogasu
4th September 2006, 10:34 PM
Although, I don't get why since his Japanese VA left and the Japanese supposedly respect their voice actors so much that he got written out after the Silver Conference?

False rumor.

And Japanese TV shows replace voice actors all the time.

wobbanut
5th September 2006, 3:37 AM
It was a bit odd seeing Gary in a lab coat and Professor Oak NOT in a lab coat throughout the episode, but otherwise I did like this special. I've been missing Gary since he left to become a pokemon researcher, and I've been anxious to see this Chronicles episode. It didn't disappoint. It wasn't the most memorable of the Chronicles episodes, but at least it had a good plot and helped us see Gary in a different way. I liked his interaction with his grandfather too. I'm a bit confused why Gary had umbreon when he supposedly only took blastoise with him this time, though. That's my only real quibble.

Overall, 7/10. I don't know how I feel about Misty being back next week yet.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
10th September 2006, 6:04 AM
Meh...

OK, I didn't get to fully enjoy this episode because I just *happened* to notice that, somehow, both the Battle Frontier episode and the Myster Dungeon special were on, and my TiVo wasn't taping them. Because I forgot about the Mystery Dungeon thing and for some stupid reason the new season was registered in TiVo as Pokemon: Battle Frontier instead of plain old Pokemon. At the same time, my TV suddenly went all weird and took me to this one screen I'd never seen before that I couldn't get rid of... so, I was distracted. ^.^'

Anyway, I guess I'm biased in thinking that this episode was boring. The whole "People have to prove to Pokemon that humans are good" thing ticked me off more than usual, for some reason.

HOWEVER... it was very good to see Gary after, like, four seasons. It was cool to see how he'd grown as a Pokemon professor. Maybe someday he'll inherit(sp?) Professor Elm's lab.

Random eldershippy hint - Professor Oak was getting a souveneir for Delia. I'm not much of an eldershipper, but I just thought it was noteworthy. Was it in the original, or just the dub?

All in all... 5/10. Though remember, I am biased. ^.^'

And BTW...

I don't know how I feel about Misty being back next week yet.

Yay for Misty!

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 6:21 AM
A ten-year old has an assistant, thats at least 6 years older than him?0_o

-Judai

Garden.of.secrets
9th October 2006, 8:49 AM
I was SO happy to see Gary in this ep!
x3
As for Butch; his voice gives me the creeps.
He sounds like he's high.
>.>

Francesc
10th November 2006, 1:27 PM
wow, we see Gary again, and now he revived a Putera...nice. I also liked what they did to calm down the pokémon, but It was a little slow episode, IMO. I give it a 6/10

WaterDragon trainer
1st December 2006, 12:09 AM
It's been a while since I last saw a chronicles episode since I haven't been catching come. Anyways, this episode was good. It amazed me at how fast Tracey sketched Seaking. It was cool to see Gary again. I thought Crystal was kind of annoying, but was kinda helpful. Poor Tracey after he let go of the flying Aerodactyl. It was good to see Umbreon again. Aerodactly was cool.

Battra
1st December 2006, 3:54 AM
Nice to see an episode following up on Gary's decision to become a researcher and follow in his Grandpas footsteps. Only problem I have with this episode is the fact that Aerodactly is meat eater and yet it just loves fruit, they seem to do this thing alot with all the meat eating Pokemon of the series.

ShinyManafi
1st December 2006, 3:56 AM
Weird to see Gary in a lab coat IMO

Luxuria
29th December 2006, 11:40 PM
God, Professor Dora/Dara sounds like a total airhead. It's so nice to see Gary again though. ^w^

Charigan_666
24th January 2007, 9:49 PM
i liked this episode it was good to finaly see gary again. but the aerodactals voice was wierd.

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 7:34 PM
Good episode!

Lorde
8th January 2010, 9:17 AM
Geez wasn't that island full of rare Kanto Pokemon? Lapras, Farfetch'd, Aerodactyl. It was paradise.

Loved to see Gary out in the line of duty (research). He reminded me of Oak.

Glad he was able to "bond" and stop the Aerodactyl before it caused much damage. 9/10

Ash-kid
27th January 2010, 1:25 PM
It was nice to see an episode focusing on Gary. I loved the girl's Ivysaur, it's a pokemon that never given a real appearance. Remineds me an episode from Hoenn, Where is Armaldo. I think that Gary will be better researcher than Professors like Birch and Elm.

Willow's Tara
26th June 2010, 3:30 AM
Not a bad episode and it was good to see Gary. I wonder how his assistant's sister somehow has made friends with Lapras. Anyways it was funny how Butch thought Aerodactly was small and it was right in front of them and they were like O.O.

G50
1st March 2011, 4:39 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Aerodactyl as the main focus in the Anime. It was cool to see Aerodactyl scared, and then tame towards humans when usually they can be very aggressive due to their Carnivore nature. The little sister definitely had a lot of Pokemon friends, and I like how she used her arms to describe Aerodactyl to the other Pokemon. It was great to see Umbreon again. I was laughing so hard at the "Butcher" instead of Butch comment.

50/100

ForgottenPearl
11th August 2012, 2:34 AM
Wow, Professor Oak wanting to give Ash’s mom a gift... C’mon, they could at least be subtle about it... Oh, and Tracey once again proves that he can draw at astronomically fast speeds.

I don’t like how Gary is already an insanely successful professor, capable of doing things others couldn’t. I know complaining about realism in Pokémon is a little weird, but a ten-year-old surpassing pros? Ugh. And then he called himself a lousy professor just because he wasn’t able to tame an ancient beast right away...

Crystal had a cute voice, and I liked how close she was to Pokémon. I love Farfetch’d, so it was nice to see a bunch of ‘em in this episode. I’m a tad surprised that Gary evolved his Eevee into an Umbreon: I would’ve guessed Flareon due to its elegance, not dark and mysterious Umbreon. Umbreon’s voice sounded too high for me. And the Butch name thing is getting old, even for me—and I tend to love running gags. But I did like the joke about whether the drawing was scaled in inches or feet. :)

So, Gary has a job in the midst of the recession. Not bad for a ten-year-old.

Oh, and this was the first time I realized that Aerodactyl sounds like pterodactyl. I’d never really thought of it before... Sad, I know.

An okay episode overall: nothing to make it really special.