PDA

View Full Version : Luvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing! (016)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 5:01 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S17.jpgLuvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing!

Misty & Daisy have recently got some new Pokémon, Luvdisc. Daisy intends to use them in an upcoming performance at the gym. Howeevr Butch & Cassidy have their eyes set on them and its up to Misty, Tracey & Daisy to hide them.

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/017.shtml)

Discuss

Crystal Latios
23rd October 2004, 9:28 PM
Bleh, why Daisy is still with Misty. We have never seen special with Lilly or Violet. Daisy all the time. Maybe writers like girls with yellow hair :rolleyes:

Geodude
24th October 2004, 6:29 PM
Actually it seems that the logical conclusion here is the correct one...it looks like Daisy is the only one of the three who feels enough responsibility towards the Gym to actually be there and help out.

Shigeru-kun
4th November 2004, 2:27 PM
Well the truth is--Ayame and Botan were in this episode. But only for a few seconds.

Ayame (Violet) was the princess of course, but Botan (Lily) was the prince. I thought I should point this out since most ppl thought the prince with Ayame was some random guy. ^^; But ya...I do understand what you mean. We need to see the other sisters for once! Not just Sakura.

Evil Azurill
5th November 2004, 1:45 AM
Hmmm....this episode has quite a bit of Neoshippiness in it. Butch and Cassidy share an ice cream at the beginning...they go after Luvdisc, the Love Pokemon...they hold hands in the motto...and I think there's more, but I forgot. Yup yup *nods* Definately Neoshippy.

Gigi
5th November 2004, 5:48 AM
Mree... I think this episode in general was just... ehh...
But seeing Kenji in the prince costume made it well worth watching. n___n Ahh, he's so gorgeous...

Geodude
5th November 2004, 6:14 AM
Hmmm....this episode has quite a bit of Neoshippiness in it. Butch and Cassidy share an ice cream at the beginning

Yeah but only because they have to fish Namba's instructions out of it. :p

Gigi
5th November 2004, 7:30 AM
Yeah but only because they have to fish Namba's instructions out of it. :p

Y-yeah. They weren't eating it. n.n()

Evil Azurill
5th November 2004, 10:28 PM
Nuuuuuu ;_; They weren't eating it?? It looked like they were.

>.> well...fine. there's plenty of other Neoshippiness to make up for the lack. Bwahaha.

Hey...did anybody else notice that the guy that gave them the ice cream is Roger? From the pokemon showboat thing?

Gigi
6th November 2004, 3:10 AM
Nuuuuuu ;_; They weren't eating it?? It looked like they were.

>.> well...fine. there's plenty of other Neoshippiness to make up for the lack. Bwahaha.

Hey...did anybody else notice that the guy that gave them the ice cream is Roger? From the pokemon showboat thing?

They did kinda a cute Musashi/Kojiro-esque thing during the motto. :3
And as for the guy... *looks at pictures of the guy in the second season* Whoooa. o__o Talk about creepy resmblance~! Guess having those shows just didn't bring in the money. >:3 Heheh.

Medea
26th November 2004, 8:18 AM
Not much to say about the episode overall. But I don't care, Tracey is hot in the prince costume!!!

Alfonso
27th November 2004, 2:40 PM
They did kinda a cute Musashi/Kojiro-esque thing during the motto. :3
And as for the guy... *looks at pictures of the guy in the second season* Whoooa. o__o Talk about creepy resmblance~! Guess having those shows just didn't bring in the money. >:3 Heheh.

XD

Actually, am I the only one who is seeing a pattern here? Someone in the Izave Contest episode pointed out a trainer that looks VERY like on from a previous episode. (Most likely an unnamed trainer. He was the one with the Surskit in the Contest.) No, he looked identical. Same face, hat, hair and shirt.

Maybe it's a subtle nod to the past? ^_^o *crosses fingers for Nathan then*

Torkoal Stu
18th December 2004, 4:00 PM
who thinks that these would be dubed? if they are would they get americian style titles?(they might not i think they probaly would)i thought of one for this ep
-madly in luvdisc- (a pun on the phrase madly in love)

i know it is a bit cheap but it could. ;370;

Medea
19th December 2004, 2:31 AM
who thinks that these would be dubed? if they are would they get americian style titles?(they might not i think they probaly would)i thought of one for this ep
-madly in luvdisc- (a pun on the phrase madly in love)

i know it is a bit cheap but it could. ;370;

Not bad! Something tells me if that Housou gets dubbed, that 4Kids would probably use something like that. (I've noticed that they have kind of a thing for title puns.)

americangirl88
28th December 2004, 11:46 PM
I definately think the epispde is neoshippy but when they 'ooh' and 'ahh' when the luvdiscs kiss, notice they're BOTH doing it. It be normal if only Cassidy was doing is but Butch oohing and awwing along w/ her is a little stange.

Geodude
28th December 2004, 11:50 PM
There are lots of love-related puns that could be used for a title for this ep...

Luvdisc is a Many-Splendored Thing
Luvdisc is In the Air
Can You Feel the Luvdisc Tonight?

I'm sure there are more...

Sharpshooter
26th January 2005, 6:06 PM
Wow Butch's name was mispronounced 5 times throughout this episode, must be a record, once from Tracey, once from Misty, twice from Cassidy and even once from Butch/Kosaburo himself! I feel sorry for the guy, it's almost like he's having a mental breakdown these days with it.

Going back on the Neoshipping thing, there were too more conclusive hints, well they weren't really hints just looked funny, firstly the bit they were holding hands during the motto and the second bit where they both had hearts in their eyes after seeing the luvdics kiss lol.

Wow that Car B&C were driving, well it wasn't even a car, more like a hovercraft or something, but it looked hot!

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 3:28 PM
It, s one of mu favourite episodes. We can see Cassidy and Butch again :) And my favourite Kasumi!

Yama~
19th March 2005, 1:43 AM
I love this episode. XD Love love love- er, luv luv luv. :D Haha. *owns it, anywho ^_^*

I agree, Kenji was frickin' yummy in that prince costume. XD I wanted to kick Kasumi outta the way. Heh. [/mild fangirling]

The Neoshippiness in this episode is the BEST. The motto thing... I literally screamed when I saw that image in the episode pictures. ^_^ As you can see by my signature, it's one of my most favorite screen shots EVER. LOL. ;D

There -is- the thing where they both get hearts in their eyes when the Luvdisc fly off. XD 'The power of love compells you!' Bwahaha! *cackles*

Another thing I like that nobody has mentioned yet is how, when trying to capture the Luvdisc in the river with that net, one of them sprays Kosa in the face, and Yama just completely goes nuts about it and immediately commands Yamirami to kick the little thing's butt. XD It's like "What? You spray my man?! Oh, I don't THINK so! It is ON!" *weird, heh*

Admittedly, I was getting mad that Yama kept calling Kosa 'Kosanji,' but when she got it right the third time, it was almost like she had been picking on him the other two times, and he got confused and was like "... Oh! Right. o.o" That, I thought, was cute, and made up for it. X3

To end my sillyness, I thought I'd point out that Kasumi and Kenji's reactions to Sakura's complete change of attitude when climbing in her car made me LAUGH. They're like "O_O;;;" Bwahahah. XD

Cute ep. Hey, I may not understand Japanese, but even so, I liked it a lot. ^_^

Torkoal Stu
7th April 2005, 9:05 PM
A Ludisc ep. Yay. Since we almost know these are being dubbed more guess.

*Head Over Heels in Luvdisc.

*Misty's in Luvdisc.

*Lovey Dovey Luvdisc.{You know people say Lovey Dovey}

*Alls Fair in Love and Luvdisc.

Like em? I like the thrid one the best myself.

High Commander Solomon
7th April 2005, 9:43 PM
"We Made An Episode About Luvdisc. It's Gone Too Far!" sounds appropriate to me. Seriously. Even Tentacool, common pests that they are, are more watchable than a freaking heart thingy!

Ashfan17
7th April 2005, 9:51 PM
My guess is 4Kids will add more shippyness too the episode than their is like what they did to the season one between Misty/Ash. So they'll probably add more hints than their were. I'm curious about whether the original voice actors will return to the series for the American series I mean, also I wonder if 4Kids will change lines around and stuff. It happens in the original series so it's possible.

CyberCubed
7th April 2005, 10:53 PM
My guess is 4Kids will add more shippyness too the episode than their is like what they did to the season one between Misty/Ash. So they'll probably add more hints than their were. I'm curious about whether the original voice actors will return to the series for the American series I mean, also I wonder if 4Kids will change lines around and stuff. It happens in the original series so it's possible.

Somehow I doubt it. They wouldn't add in a line about Ash in this of all episodes, if they were to add in a line it would be in the earlier Misty hosos. And besides, what dialouge would they change?

As for voice actors Misty and Tracey will reprise their roles, I think Cassidy's VA left 4kids so she would be the only one different.

~Toshi~
8th April 2005, 1:05 AM
I'm personally kind of wierded out by the fact that Yama-tachi both had hearts in their eyes and were ooohing over the luvdiscs...

*Alls Fair in Love and Luvdisc.

I like the 4th one the best.

I can't wait to see the dubbed versions of the B&C Hoso eps! Even though after Pikachu Re-Volts they got a lot less intimidating...Pikachu Re-Volts was the best yet.

Heracross
8th April 2005, 1:59 AM
Yeah, it's kind of a shame they're slowly turning Yamato and Kosaburou into comedic characters. I mean, Musashi-tachi are already the designated comic relief squad, Yamato and Kosaburou are the ones who are supposed to be real villains who know what they're doing. :/

Alfonso
8th April 2005, 2:02 AM
"Love, Luvdisc Style!"

Because you just know those retards over a 4Kids HQ ain't going to be able to resist ANOTHER 'Love ____ Style!' title chance, however lame it may be. Or even better: "The Luvdisc Caper!"

>.>

Medea
8th April 2005, 2:32 AM
"Love, Luvdisc Style!"

Because you just know those retards over a 4Kids HQ ain't going to be able to resist ANOTHER 'Love ____ Style!' title chance, however lame it may be. Or even better: "The Luvdisc Caper!"

>.>
:o-Holy ****, that's horrible...Yeah, I know that's bound to happen since the last few dub titles...well...flat out suck *****!

~Toshi~
8th April 2005, 6:13 AM
I think Cassidy's VA left 4kids so she would be the only one different

Whoa, wait a sec! I didn't see that the first time. I hope not! Joy got a new VA and her new voice is terrible! It's too squeaky. I hope they mantain Cassidy's old voice, because it would be such a shame if it made a dramatic change (or any change for that matter). Something tells me the new VA won't pull it off.

Medea
8th April 2005, 6:09 PM
Whoa, wait a sec! I didn't see that the first time. I hope not! Joy got a new VA and her new voice is terrible! It's too squeaky. I hope they mantain Cassidy's old voice, because it would be such a shame if it made a dramatic change (or any change for that matter). Something tells me the new VA won't pull it off.
I don't know, I think that Cassidy's voice might change. I believe her voice is done by the same person who does May's mother (Caroline) and Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh. And lately, Caroline and Mai's voice don't really sound the same. I don't know maybe it's me.
...But going back to the subject, I saw the pictures to this episode and can't wait to see it...That is if it is coming to the U.S.

Torkoal Stu
8th April 2005, 6:33 PM
"Love, Luvdisc Style!"

>.>

Oh Yeah. There could be loads of them in the whole of pokemon titles soon.

Love Pokemon Style.
Love Petalburg Style.
Love Toodile Style.

There could be.

Love Luvdisc Style
Love Ludicolo/Lombre/Mawile Style

And many more probably!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ashfan17
3rd May 2005, 4:23 AM
Yah they due have tons of episode with titles like that. It is very odd, but what can we do. It maybe annoying can't really do anything about it lol.

Lady Renegade
21st June 2005, 4:48 PM
Not much to say about the episode overall. But I don't care, Tracey is hot in the prince costume!!!
man im so happy i meet another tracey fan, i know orangeberry is too. yes tracey is without a doubt lovely and gorgeous. i love him too. umm ya can call me Lady Renegade but i am aka sakura heart!!*waves*

vanillamountain
12th July 2005, 9:20 PM
As for voice actors Misty and Tracey will reprise their roles, I think

I don't know about Tracey, but Rachel Lillis' returning as Misty is pretty much a given. She's still under contract to 4Kids (she does Jessie's voice on Pokemon still,) so I'm sure she'll reprise her role.

CyberCubed
12th July 2005, 10:43 PM
Both Misty and Tracey will reprise their roles, Ted Lewis just did Tracey again in the Oaks lab hoso.

And as for Misty? Hello? Who do you think has been voicing Jessie all throughout Hoenn? Rachael Lilis does both of them you know, she didn't go anywhere.

poke_girl
24th August 2005, 5:34 PM
Both Misty and Tracey will reprise their roles, Ted Lewis just did Tracey again in the Oaks lab hoso.

And as for Misty? Hello? Who do you think has been voicing Jessie all throughout Hoenn? Rachael Lilis does both of them you know, she didn't go anywhere.
Thing is her voice kinda changed in the other ones..

DANdotW
24th August 2005, 5:59 PM
Oh well. Raburin has become Luvrin and there is a new attack called "Love Love Beam". Talk about dub mistakes. The episode was only good because we found out Misty and Daisy both had Luvdisc, but apart from that it was a little poor.

HG

Tifa
24th August 2005, 6:00 PM
I like this episode alot, and i have to say Buffy is the best name come up for Butch yet, and i also like th way Raburin and Luvurin got themselfs out of that cave, That was so cool. Daisy made me laugh in that.

Geodude
24th August 2005, 6:00 PM
"Love Love Beam"? What...the...hell...?

DANdotW
24th August 2005, 6:10 PM
Yeah, "Love Love Beam". Problem is, I wasn't looking when it happened, but it was at the end and they used it to get rid of Team Rocket. Also, Kasurin didn't even seem to mind when his lips were red from tackling. And TR said they were "Rendevousing" when they flew off. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't rendevous mean to meet, not to kiss eachother and fly like a butterfly?

HG

Medea
24th August 2005, 7:30 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random/061.jpg<-- *sighs*...Someday I will see that!

But more to the point...Love Love Beam? WHAT in the name of holy ****ing hell is that supposed to be?! Now that is some bad dubbing!

Torkoal Stu
24th August 2005, 8:08 PM
Misty: We know who you are. Casidy.
Tracey: And Buffy!

LOL! I missed the end half so I'm watching that now but the Love love Beam sounds well very bad dubbing.

edit: Also these:

Casidy: Lets go Hutch.
Butch; My name is Butch!

<later>

Casidy: We haev to stop them Butch.
Butch; My name is not Butch ist Butch oh wait thats what you said.

Sharpshooter
24th August 2005, 8:43 PM
Ugh, it was a good episode but I'd wish they'd keep the other Butch name consistent like they do in the original version, calling him Bip, Hutch, and Buffy sounds stupid like the character's have poor memory or something.

Why were Team Rocket so intent on stopping the existance of love in the world? Was that the main reason why they captured the luvdiscs in the original version as well? Seems pretty lame.

Overall the episode was funny, all characters contributed to some sort of humor, even Daisy thinking she was a movie burning rubber on her car lol! Yeah, defo one of the better chronicles one's.

PS: Misty's outfit's much hotter in this one than in her other Hoenn one.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
24th August 2005, 9:35 PM
all Love love beam was was two waterguns which were produced when the two luvdisc's cheeks touched together and the water span.

I loved mightyena and Sableye at the end! they wuv eachother!

whats that ship called?

DANdotW
24th August 2005, 9:55 PM
Mighteyeshipping? Lol, can't think of a better one. Just so this isn't classed as spam, Sharpshooter, I agree. Her clothes in this episode were better than the other Houen clothes.

HG

Geodude
25th August 2005, 1:03 PM
Just watched it...the "Love Love Beam" part was only in the play's narration, so that's fine. When Misty and Daisy ordered the attack on Team Rocket, they said "Love Love Water Gun".

MaskedManAbsolkid
25th August 2005, 4:51 PM
It was Love Love Water Gun, I think. BTW, Hunting Guard, Love Love Water Gun wasn't a new attack. It's one of them 'Strategy attacks'.
One day I can imagine someone calling Butch *****.
Anyway, it was a good episode, but what freaked me out the most was Mightyena and Sableye kissing! It looked like they were doing something else too.

Geodude
25th August 2005, 11:02 PM
It was Love Love Water Gun, I think. BTW, Hunting Guard, Love Love Water Gun wasn't a new attack. It's one of them 'Strategy attacks'.
Yeah it was just a way of saying "double Water Gun". Something's bugging me about a mistranslation of that...I'll check the Japanese ep when I get around to it.

And as someone else mentioned, I liked the scene where...

Cassidy: "Our Luvdisc are getting away! Hey, get a move on, Butch!"
Butch: "It's Butch, ya got it? ...Oh, that's what you said."

Butch, in pursuit of the Luvdisc: "Who knew they could run?"

poke_girl
27th August 2005, 9:43 PM
Kid in the Pokémon Games forum..
"How do I give my Luv Disc the move Love Love Beam?" O__O;

That Scary Clefairy
29th August 2005, 9:55 AM
Love Love Beam sound like a cliche attack you would find in an Anime shoujo series. (like Sailor Moon) -__-

CyberCubed
31st August 2005, 6:45 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random/061.jpg<-- *sighs*...Someday I will see that!

But more to the point...Love Love Beam? WHAT in the name of holy ****ing hell is that supposed to be?! Now that is some bad dubbing!

It's funny, not bad dubbing. It was obviously done intentionally.

Alfonso
31st August 2005, 2:53 PM
The random new Butch names need to stop. Let's go back to Botch please.

Shadowcat
9th September 2005, 5:42 AM
A funny episode. An Episode that Butch is in is always funny because people call him wrong. Botch or Hutch or Hotch. That's funny, good episode.

Jazlynn
8th November 2005, 9:46 AM
I wanna see that eppy 2 But has it come to the US? Nnoo. I wish it would.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Dark-Turtle/CassAndButchholdinghands2.jpg

Jazlynn
8th November 2005, 9:50 AM
The random new Butch names need to stop. Let's go back to Botch please.

NO! He's sensitive about name callin. I'm like that 2. When I was in my high school years, I was addicted to Ninja Turtles and the kids would call me Turtle girl. So I know how he feels. Both girls and guys have feelings 2 you know.

Jazlynn
8th November 2005, 9:51 AM
ok i don't mean to post about 4xs. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Dark-Turtle/CassAndButchholdinghands2.jpg See how happy they look?? :)

Jazlynn
8th November 2005, 10:07 AM
Wow Butch's name was mispronounced 5 times throughout this episode, must be a record, once from Tracey, once from Misty, twice from Cassidy and even once from Butch/Kosaburo himself! I feel sorry for the guy, it's almost like he's having a mental breakdown these days with it.

Going back on the Neoshipping thing, there were too more conclusive hints, well they weren't really hints just looked funny, firstly the bit they were holding hands during the motto and the second bit where they both had hearts in their eyes after seeing the luvdics kiss lol.

Wow that Car B&C were driving, well it wasn't even a car, more like a hovercraft or something, but it looked hot!
Butch is REALLY sensitive. So give him a break. He's only 18.

Jazy

Jazlynn
22nd November 2005, 3:07 AM
Does anyone know a website of where I can get this episode on DVD?

Jazlynn

vaporeon89
3rd December 2005, 5:29 PM
I think is a very good ep, I liked Misty's clothes

and Jazlynn.....DON'T POST FIVE TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!
Just edit the first post!!

;134;89

Jazlynn
7th December 2005, 8:34 AM
Well SSOORRYY, vaporeon89! No need to so SNIPPY! I'm just expressing the fact that Butch doesn't need to be TEASED!!! I'm sure Cassidy appologized to Butch after she said his name wrong. Mistakes can happen between friends. Even parents argue 2 and then end up saying "sorry for being a jerk." Shell! If Cass and Butch were real people in real life and Cass accidently mispronounced Butch's name, I'm sure she would catch herself and right away by saying "I'm sorry I mispronounced you name, Butch. ^-^;" and I'm sure he would forgive her by saying "It's ok, Cass. I forgive you. Mistakes happen. Even between best friends. *hugs her* ^-^" [ I think i've turned this reply into a psychiatry or something like that] and I'm sure that deep down that Cass loves Butch. Think about it. When it comes to Cass and Butch, when you see one, you see the other. And I'm sure that Butch loves Cass.

The Big Al
7th December 2005, 1:08 PM
Is it just me or has Butch and Cassidy become just as big of losers as JJ&M?

Honestly, I seriously want to go on a Luvdisc slaughter fest because it's the new Corsola. It's a pathetic Pokemon that's practically invincible in the anime.

Jazlynn
7th December 2005, 6:41 PM
HEY! Don't go bashing here! Go bash somewhere else!!!! -_- BTW Big Al, I reported your post for being rude and bashing. Go bash on another forum. We don't need you *!@#$ here!

Jazlynn

[*protects Pokemon and TR*]

High Commander Solomon
7th December 2005, 6:45 PM
Okay, calm down now. How was that bashing if they're starting to follow the Jessie and James pattern almost exactly? It seems more like concern that something might be the case for a reason.

The Big Al
7th December 2005, 7:07 PM
HEY! Don't go bashing here! Go bash somewhere else!!!! -_- BTW Big Al, I reported your post for being rude and bashing. Go bash on another forum. We don't need you *!@#$ here!
Bashing? You think I was bashing? I'm p*ssed at what they've done to Butch and Cassidy. I use to love them. They started out threatening and evil. Now they're losers like JJ&M. I wanted to strangle the writers when I saw the pictures of this episode. Not only did they have to lose, they lost to evil incarnate Luvdisc. I'm not bashing, I'm stating a fact.

FabuVinny
7th December 2005, 10:00 PM
They were worse for that in "A Date with Delcatty" than here.

Jazlynn
7th December 2005, 10:02 PM
oh ok sorry. I love both Butch and Cass. Since I'm a girl, i can say that Butch is way handsome than James.

Medea
12th March 2006, 4:14 PM
*time once again for Medea's ramblings*

I am going to strangle the Narrator and Daisy! Okay, maybe not! I'm just not wild about Orangeshipping one bit (no offense to Orangeshippers out there). And as for Daisy, she just bugs the living crap out of me! Now then the episode, it had it's cute parts. The Luvdisc were pretty cool and...okay enough of that!

PRINCE TRACEY! PRINCE TRACEY!

Tracey in his prince outfit! That was just too hot for words! Too bad he wouldn't do it in real life, since he doesn't want to wear tights!

cold_katanagirl
12th March 2006, 11:22 PM

I am going to strangle the Narrator and Daisy! Okay, maybe not! I'm just not wild about Orangeshipping one bit (no offense to Orangeshippers out there). And as for Daisy, she just bugs the living crap out of me! Now then the episode, it had it's cute parts. The Luvdisc were pretty cool and...okay enough of that!

Tracey in his prince outfit! That was just too hot for words! Too bad he wouldn't do it in real life, since he doesn't want to wear tights!I heard the Narrator said Orangeshipping wasn't true. o_o

CyberCubed
12th March 2006, 11:28 PM
What exactly did the narrator say about Orangeshipping?

STJ
12th March 2006, 11:31 PM
Actually (in the dub), the narrator simply said that love was in the air, but not between Tracey and Misty, and not between humans, but between two pokemon....something like that...

I don't think that they were trying to be Anti-Orangeshipping, anyway...

In any case, I really liked the Mermaid scene :D one of the most romantic scenes in the anime (and yes, I'm well aware of the fact that it was only a fantasy)

What was most hilarious, I think, was when the previews came out, and though it would of een natural for some people to think that this episode would contain Orangeshipping, but from what I remember, there were even more people trying to pass the scenes off as nothing, even trying to twist the episode into a Pokeshipping one :D

cold_katanagirl
12th March 2006, 11:51 PM
... Oh. :x

Tch, what else to say... Haven't seen the episode...

Meh, Tracey looks hot in his prince thing. And that's all.

Gazmof
13th March 2006, 12:26 AM
Whether the episode was trying to hint at Orangeshipping or Pokeshipping all depends on your perspective. The narrator never openly hints at any relationship other than the Luvdisc's.

Medea
13th March 2006, 1:43 AM
Sorry, I always say stupid things I don't mean when Tracey is involved and sometimes, I will take things in the wrong way like what the Narrator said. But even though I AM NOT A SUPPORTER of Orangeshipping, that part was kind of cute.

Magus
13th March 2006, 3:16 AM
even trying to make the episode into a Pokeshipping one :D
Seeing as the episode basically makes out Misty/Tracey as a couple to be nonsense, that's more reasonable than calling it an Orangeshipping episode.

STJ
13th March 2006, 5:07 AM
Well, in YOUR opinion anyway... I can imagine many Orangeshippers viewing that episode very highly, and in my opinion, I didn't see anything in that episode that was anti-Orangeshipping

CyberCubed
13th March 2006, 5:20 AM
I'd like to know how an episode that has nothing to do with Ash and Misty to be anywhere *near* Pokeshipping related. Desperate times I guess?

STJ
13th March 2006, 5:22 AM
Well, they tried to argue that they were only under the spell of the Luvdisc, and some theoriesed that one of the ways in which that 'spell' was broken was through Misty realising that she had 'feelings' for Ash, as you can see from a post below

Hrmmm...

Am I the only PokéShipper who doesn't have a problem with this episode having an actual TAMR moment? After all, they are both under the influence of some kind of Attract vs. Attract feed-back. Emotions are a funny thing, especially in teens, so I have no problem that Misty and Tracey really are attracted to each other. However, stuff like that is based on biochemical imbalances rather than real emotional connections. Certainly it wouldn't be anything lasting. After all, too many hearts would be broken (winks at Starfallen).

Heh. I've just had two really off-the-wall ideas. They're both probably a mile out, but it would be cute, nonetheless.
Tracey and Misty lean close to kiss.

KENJI: Oh, Kasumi-chan...

KASUMI: Oh, Sato-kun...

*snap* Both snap out of their trances, break apart and stare at each other.

KENJI: Wh... what?

KASUMI: Satoshi!

KASUMI turns and flees from the Gym, not even bothering to switch out of her mermaid costume apart from getting rid of the tail. As she leaves, she passes SAKURA.

SAKURA: Kasumi! Where are you going?

KASUMI: Take care of the gym! I'll be back... eventually!

Out on the docks, KASUMI releases her Gyarados and jumps on its back.

KASUMI: To Houen! (Gyarados ploughs forward - close-up on Kasumi's face). I'm coming Satoshi! I'm coming!

Daisy turns out to be Cassidy in disguise and Tracey turns out to be Butch Kissing a chain smoker! Ugh! (ptoo! ptoo!)

OH, and I know have the exact dub quote fro those intereste.. I have the Japanese version too for those who can translate it.. Though since it's Tracey narrating, it probably doesn't contain anything anti-orangeshipping either

Well, here we are at the Cerulean Gym, where love is in the air. A love so true and so powerful that nothing can stop it. No, this love isin't between Misty and Tracey, this love is not even between two people.

Magus
13th March 2006, 6:18 PM
I can imagine many Orangeshippers viewing that episode very highly
Sure, because it gives them screenshots of Tracey and Misty looking like they're in love. But since it was a scene of Daisy imagining them acting, it can hardly be considered a hint.

and in my opinion, I didn't see anything in that episode that was anti-Orangeshipping
Misty and Tracey's total non-reaction to the idea of being in a romantic scene together seems like an anti-hint to me. In a previous Hoso Misty was blushing furiously just from being asked if there was a guy she liked. I think that if Misty had a thing for Tracey, she'd be at least a little embarassed about the idea of doing a romantic scene in the play with him. There's also the narrator saying that they're not in love, though I'm not sure if that's a dub-only thing.

I'd like to know how an episode that has nothing to do with Ash and Misty to be anywhere *near* Pokeshipping related.
The Delcatty episode also had nothing to do with Ash and Misty, yet it very overtly hinted that Misty's feelings for Ash haven't changed. It's more debatable whether this ep has any real Pokéshipping hints, but it's more reasonable than calling a scene that exists only in Daisy's mind a hint.

Desperate times I guess?
You would know about desperation for hints, since you favorite ship has none.

Lux
19th March 2006, 3:40 AM
Sure, because it gives them screenshots of Tracey and Misty looking like they're in love. But since it was a scene of Daisy imagining them acting, it can hardly be considered a hint.

Obviously it's not a hint. But it's still one of the sweetests pokemon scenes I've ever saw. Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so ;)

There's also the narrator saying that they're not in love, though I'm not sure if that's a dub-only thing.

This is the narrator line again, posted by STJ above:

Well, here we are at the Cerulean Gym, where love is in the air. A love so true and so powerful that nothing can stop it. No, this love isin't between Misty and Tracey, this love is not even between two people.

Some wouldn't consider it shippy, but it's definitely not anti-shippy. The guy was talking about love and Cerulean Gym - Misty is the gym leader, so it's understandable, but why to relate the whole thing with Tracey, who lives away in Pallet Town? What's up with the writers' insistence about relating Misty+Tracey+romance every single episode they appear together in the hosos? There aren't canon hints, but they always find a way to please orangeshippers supporters :D

STJ
21st March 2006, 8:28 AM
Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so
But of course!

and in case you were wondering, yes, that narrator line was probably dub-only, because in the Japanese version, Tracey is the one speaking.

Magus
21st March 2006, 2:46 PM
Obviously it's not a hint. But it's still one of the sweetests pokemon scenes I've ever saw. Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so ;)
Would I claim it as a hint if it had been Ash and Misty? No.

Spam screenshots of it, certainly, but not claim it as a hint. :D

Jazlynn
7th June 2006, 9:05 PM
I would love to see that episode in English. I've seen the episode pictures. I like the picture where Cass and Butch are sharing a sundae together. How romanic. Then I like the picture where Cass and Butch are down in their cave and Cass is drinking tea.

Jazlynn

Medea
24th September 2006, 2:07 PM
Well, I'm surprised no one posted here last night since it was on CN. No matter! I of course had to watch it (even though I've seen this episode months ago and posted here over a million times).

Okay now I'm getting really annoyed with all of the screwing up of Butch's name. Even Cassidy had to screw this one up...Twice even!

Daisy, I hate her on so many friggin' levels. Well for the first thing is that whole dumb blonde act. Ugh! Drove me nuts to where I wanted to throw things at my TV. And of course having that damn Orangeshipping image.

Feel free to critisize that. I stand by what the hell I just said.

And no night would be complete without having a screaming orga...I mean, oh well you know what Medea means. When Tracey turned around in that prince outfit...JIMINY CRICKET! That was great.

Well, seeing as it will be the last Tracey episode I will be seeing until the last AG episode (which should be airing sometime next year) all I say is very sad (on many levels).

Well, Prince Tracey...Always a great birthday gift (as it has been for 2004, 2005 and 2006).

I thank you to sit through one of my rants!

wobbanut
26th September 2006, 3:05 AM
It was a bit odd seeing Misty in this special without Togepi at first, but then I quickly remembered that this special was from season eight. Misty and Daisy were both pretty good in this episode, and Tracy was pretty funny throughout. I liked how he kept making sarcastic remarks, and how the method acting was weirding him out. LOL At least Daisy has gotten soome extra screentime with these specials, it's helped me distinguish her from the other two annoying sisters (and made her less annoying in return). The luvdisc were cute too. My favorite parts of the whole special had to be when Cassidy and Butch got hearts in their eyes over the luvdisc using rendevous, and being aghast over their pokemon being lovey-dovey with each other. :)

Overall, 7.5/10.

GoldSilverCrys
14th October 2006, 3:58 AM

I am going to strangle the Narrator and Daisy! Okay, maybe not! I'm just not wild about Orangeshipping one bit (no offense to Orangeshippers out there). And as for Daisy, she just bugs the living crap out of me! Now then the episode, it had it's cute parts. The Luvdisc were pretty cool and...okay enough of that!Hilarious ep. However, Orange shipping is ok. it's pkmn shipping that gets my goat.

Tracey in his prince outfit! That was just too hot for words! Too bad he wouldn't do it in real life, since he doesn't want to wear tights!
hahaha! that's really silly-imagines him doing it in real life- hahaha!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
31st October 2006, 2:04 PM
it was a pretty romanitc episode :D and some orangeshipping

Francesc
16th November 2006, 2:05 PM
A nice episode. I liked when the two Luvdiscs beat Team Rocket.

oliver sreeves
17th November 2006, 3:31 PM
i have this on dvd.

my fav scene is wear casedy and butch have them cornered in the river with a net on either side, and sableye is ordered to attack.

only sableye stops and points at the water.

casedy, then shouts, "don't tell me you can't swim"

Sableye, blushes and says it's name, embasingly

Hilariously, funny!!!!

Umbreon_moon
18th November 2006, 2:49 AM
Aww the luvdisc were sooooooooooo cute when they made the butterfly!

E><3

Battra
2nd December 2006, 12:06 AM
It's nice to see two new additions to the Cerulean Gym, and the way Misty was encouraging Cassern makes me hope Misty will use that courage to go after Ash, it was also nice to see Misty and Daisy working together in a battle.

Super-Staff
3rd December 2006, 1:51 AM
This is one of my favorite episodes from Pokemon Chronicles.

I always enjoy seeing Daisy play a bigger part than just the 'snooty older sister'. Misty was pretty okay here, but, she wasn't as fun as she was in some of the other specials. And Tracey. Oh, Tracey. He's such a pushover. XD It's a treat to watch Tracey actually doing things after his adventures in the Orange Islands. ...The only complaint I've got is how Cassidy and Butch have become merely comic relief rather than being the actual devious members of Team Rocket.

Oh, the romantic subplot between the two Luvdisc was so adorable. :)

squirtleboy12
11th December 2006, 1:16 PM
im glad the misty got a luvidisc it fits her

Phlossie
3rd January 2007, 2:56 AM
Daisy annoys me. Her voice and and the dumb blond act/personality is aggregivating.

The reason for B&C going after the Luvdisc is to rid the world of love (weak attempt to make them seem villianous), but yet one pose in their motto says otherwise. I'm not a Neoshipper, but still - it looks like they're dancing together.

Okay, the running gag on Butch's name is funny, but it's reaching overkill now.

"Oh no! They're rendevousing (sp)!" - Cassidy
...the hell?

"Oh, no, Cassidy! They froze the shadowball!" - Butch
They could have re-did that line so it didn't sound as so corny and cheezy as it did. Then again this is Pokemon and the dub is full of cheezy lines like that in every episode.

It was cute when Cassidy orders Sableye to use fury, it goes to attack, then stops and looks confused, having Cassidy to say "Why did you stop? Can't you swim?", and then she falls over when it tells her it can't.

Tracey and Misty looked hot and cute (respectively) in their costumes.

Geodude
3rd January 2007, 10:05 AM
Okay, the running gag on Butch's name is funny, but it's reaching overkill now.
Not when there are scenes like this:

Cassidy: "Our Luvdisc are getting away! Hey, get a move on, Butch!"
Butch: "It's Butch, ya got it? ...Oh, that's what you said."

XD

bubblybubbly-bubba
3rd January 2007, 1:31 PM
The Butch gag was never funny to me....Anyway I liked seeing Misty with a new pokemon.

milenadrg
7th November 2008, 1:45 PM
Beh. That Male Luvdisc is weak. He can date Female with force not to cry like some baby. Every female hate weak male....

Wowlock
28th March 2009, 1:31 AM
Lovedisc is epic type pokemon in my opinion. They can fly by using the power of ''love'' ( I want to mean that , when they kiss they are able to fly by working together and thats very cool thing ) İt shows every ''Diva '' type girl has a soft point (Female Lovedisc in episode ) so that means guys dont give up ( or I am guy pretending like that )

Tracey must find a youth potion for his Scyter.TR failed again ! the uniform, the name or the place, it doesnt matter TR always fails.

Even the TR guys at Raikou.

Mr. Smile
25th June 2009, 12:44 PM
Misty gets a new pokemon! That was a good major event. The plot of this episode was interesting. This was a pretty good episode. 9/10

Littlemyuu
8th July 2009, 11:15 PM
Cassidy and Butch are my fave TR members ^_^;
its nice to see them again, and nice to see Luvdisc too<3

explodingwailords
18th August 2009, 3:15 PM
*Caserien and Luvrien fly off cliff* Cassidy:"They're rendevousing" (hope i spelled that right ;) ) Best part of all. :D

Rainbowdashtheawesome
24th September 2009, 2:54 PM
Butch brought up a very good question when he asked "who knew they could run?"
Quick, Luvdiscs; hop for your lives!

SoulSilverMstr411
24th September 2009, 3:04 PM
One of the most boring Chronicles episodes in the series. Surely Luvdisc could have been showcased during the main series? Like in Slateport City?

pokemon fan 132
18th November 2009, 3:05 PM
Another great episode,it was nice seeing Misty in different outfit.Yellow sleeveless shirt and different kind of shorts fits her well.Not to mention she received new pokemon Luvdisc making interesting addition to her team(too bad we only saw him in this episode),and Daisys fantasy of Misty and Tracey being part of watter ballet was something new.It was also funny when Misty was frustrated with Psyduck and another Butch and Cassidy attempt to steal pokemon.

Whole team Rocket chasing with Daisy driving car was epic,along with interesting seeing teamwork from Misty and her sister battling against them with Luvdiscs coordinating their techniquies in end managing to win.

One of better episodes for sure.

Ash-kid
6th January 2010, 12:05 PM
I loved to see Misty's sister.

And the Luvdisc were cute, i loved how they defeated TR's pokemon.

6/10

Lorde
8th January 2010, 9:20 AM
Dude, so awesome to see Misty, Daisy, and Tracey again. But wasn't Daisy with Violet and Lily on vacation? :S

I liked the Luvdisc, but why have it debut in a Special? Butch and Cassidy were like the Jessie and James of the normal episodes. Glad their scheme fell apart :p

Interesting, romantic too. 6/10

Willow's Tara
26th June 2010, 4:05 AM
It was an okay episode, I liked how Daisy placed those gloves and sunglasses on and her a personality transplant lol, it was better then The Blue Badge of Courage though. You know what I was thinking they should also have episodes to see what gym leaders such as Flannery, Winona, Blaine, Erika, Sabrina etc are all doing.

Interesting at the end Violet and Uh... I forgot the other sister's name were playing the parts, looks like two lesbians in love (Jk wonder what would have happened if they had them kissing. Hey they had Pokemon kissing). Anyways as I said an okay episode, Luvdisc probably should have gotten a better debut in the original anime.

G50
1st March 2011, 5:15 PM
This episode was ok... The wrong names for Butch were very funny, even Cassidy was saying his name wrong. It was funny when Mightyena and Sableye fell in love with each other after being blasted off. Very odd to have Violet and Lilly playing the role of lovers for the show...

20/100

Caseydia
1st May 2011, 6:11 PM
I wonder why Daisy got more spotlight than the rest of Misty's sisters in the specials? I wanted them to all be able to get along with each other. One, is because with Daisy, it was starting to get alittle mushy with Misty and Tracey. Another is, I liked the pink haired one better.

AquaMilotic
7th March 2012, 2:55 PM
I like this episode. Seeing Misty again is awesome, and seeing the two Luvdisc was cute as well. Also, Psyduck appeared, which is awesome. I am a really big fan of Psyduck. Daisy's Misty x Tracey fantasy will NEVER come true, because Misty is in a relationship with Ash and no one else! Also, Tracey doesn't want to. 10/10!

Blessed
9th March 2012, 6:03 AM
I wonder why Daisy got more spotlight than the rest of Misty's sisters in the specials? I wanted them to all be able to get along with each other. One, is because with Daisy, it was starting to get alittle mushy with Misty and Tracey. Another is, I liked the pink haired one better.

I liked the blue haired one LOL!

Daisy's Misty x Tracey fantasy will NEVER come true, because Misty is in a relationship with Ash and no one else! Also, Tracey doesn't want to. 10/10!

I AGREE, Pokeshipping forever.