PDA

View Full Version : Those Darn Electabuzz! (017)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 5:02 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S18.jpgThose Darn Electabuzz!

During her travels, Casey bumps into a Charizard that is running away from the Electabuzz baseball team. It turns out htat it cannot use Fire Attacks or Fly making it useless. Casey decides to help the team by teaching it how to fly and use fire attacks. Can she succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/018.shtml)

Discuss

Geodude
2nd November 2004, 4:19 AM
This is pretty belated, but I've finally sent a guide for this ep to Serebii. It should be on the main site the next time he updates.

Crystal Latios
2nd November 2004, 3:03 PM
I have seen.

Pretty boring. I mean, Casey meets a guy from her Baseball Team. They have troubles with scared and weak Charizard. Later Charizard saves them from a water. No, really, nothing special. Also, Casey should grow up sometime. She is so noisy.

Murgatroyd
3rd November 2004, 11:39 PM
Geodude, there's a bit of a problem with your guide. That isn't Casey's father.

Crystal Latios
15th November 2004, 10:27 AM
Geodude makes sometimes sweet mistakes, don`t you think? ^.~

Casey`s Father is a that tall guy from a first episode about her (Johto).
We could see him in her dreams.

charizard trainer #1
4th December 2004, 4:51 AM
You know i seriously thought Casey would catch a charizard or something. Stupid me

Geodude
4th December 2004, 4:55 AM

Heh...oops. And I'd been under the impression that he WAS her father. I'm not sure who gave me that idea...thanks, I'll get Serebii to change it next time I send him a new guide. Now that you mention it, he's the pitcher's father isn't he? I now seem to remember you saying that once before. Did he have a name?

At least that was the ONLY mistake you pointed out, so that's good for me... :p

Murgatroyd
4th December 2004, 5:35 AM
Well, I've found another problem. Shigeo is Tsuyoshi's father's name. The Charizard trainer is Kanta. And the most likely reason you thought he was Casey's father is that Casey always addressed him as "Papa-san".

Geodude
4th December 2004, 11:04 PM
Ah, ok. I think it might have been Dogasu who misled me on those names. :p

Abusoru
20th December 2004, 9:23 AM
I dislike Casey. Her team song is fine but I don`t like her personality. She is very noisy.
Special is ok, but not so special. Hehe. That scared Charizard was sweet, I belive, it was a female. Ending was ummm..... weird. Charizard could be under water and she didn`t die. Weird.
Of course, shippy part.... Casey and that guy from her fav Team. Nice part.

Batdude
31st August 2005, 6:50 PM
I only caught the last few minutes of this. The Charizard's dub name was 'Don'. Based off Lizardon, or would 4Kids have the cop on for that?

Yeah, the whole 'dove straight into a river' bit is interesting alright.

EDIT: I have to go out in a minute, but the next time this ep is on Toonami would someone be so kind as to post up the Sky Digital synopsis for it? I am positive they refer to Casey as a he. And for the Brawly ep on Sky One tomorrow they refer to Brawly as a female. Go Sky, keep on diggin!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
31st August 2005, 9:12 PM
wouldn't charizard's tail have gone out when it dived unerwater?

I didn't like this ep much....

too much yellow..... pls it had a crap plot

still not as bad as other chronicles eps

5/10

Kasumi Christie
31st August 2005, 9:43 PM
I only just watched this episode today on Toonami, it was alright, i'd say. Casey's song really annoys me though, as i guess it's supposed to, as did Charizard's or 'Don's' scaredy-cat attitude..

Geodude
1st September 2005, 2:01 AM
I only caught the last few minutes of this. The Charizard's dub name was 'Don'. Based off Lizardon, or would 4Kids have the cop on for that?
Don was its name in the original. Yes, it's short for Lizardon. It's cool that they kept it, although it doesn't make much sense in the dub.

Dogasu
1st September 2005, 5:40 PM
Ah, ok. I think it might have been Dogasu who misled me on those names. :p

Yeah, I think I did too. Sorry about that.

Juputoru
1st September 2005, 5:48 PM
Don was its name in the original. Yes, it's short for Lizardon. It's cool that they kept it, although it doesn't make much sense in the dub.
Maybe it's a mafia Charizard in the dub :p

This episode looks...meh. The idea of a cowardly Charizard is novel, but other than that, it doesn't look that great. Eh, I'll wait until I can see it myself to say more...

pokeee
2nd September 2005, 7:18 PM
erm
some names please?
the boy, the young and old basballplayer?

Torkoal Stu
2nd September 2005, 9:39 PM
erm
some names please?
the boy, the young and old basballplayer?
Why do you always ask the names? ¬_¬ Anyway Kori was the older one but I can't remember the younger one.

ChaosMage
10th September 2005, 5:52 PM
I've finally seen this and I'm glad we saw an unuber Charizard, but disgusted we saw a CHarizard at all. This is the second reference I know of to a Japanese name (a Qwilfish trainer was once called Harisen), are there any more? It's a nifty little tidbit to more informed fans.

Magus
23rd December 2005, 6:06 PM
wouldn't charizard's tail have gone out when it dived unerwater?
I'm pretty sure Ash's Charizard has had its tail underwater a few times too, yet came out with the flame magically intact.

Medea
22nd June 2006, 3:59 AM
Well, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, it was very touching. Even though, I HATE Casey and I HATE Baseball it was pretty good. It was also nice to see a Charizard that wasn't Ash's.

So pretty good...

cassius335
24th July 2006, 5:45 PM
I dislike Casey. Her team song is fine but I don`t like her personality. She is very noisy.

She's based off a a Baseball fanatic. Of course she's noisy.

Quick question: was the Magmar/Rapidash line a dub addition? I can see Casey with a Rapidash, somehow.

Battra
24th September 2006, 1:56 AM
Casey looked so cute in her cheerleader outfit.

wobbanut
26th September 2006, 3:12 AM
Casey has been one of my favorite recurring characters since her first appearances on the show, and I still enjoyed her in this special. It was hard watching her be rough on Cory and Don, but at least it went for a good cause in the end. Cory's dad is right, she certainly has a lot of energy that's catchy. :) I loved the looks on Cory and Don's faces when Casey roped them into cheering. ROFLOL It was nice to see Casey's beedrill again too.

I also found it interesting to see a Charizard that was a total wimp and coward for most of the episode. I just finished watching the Jerk Charizard episodes of the regular series (ah, gotta love "Charizard Chills"), and it is a big contrast to see a charizard that's the total opposite. I liked the story as a whole.

Overall, 8/10. At least we'll finally get to see that other special that takes up most of the opening credits for the Chronicles next week.

TotodileCharizard
26th September 2006, 4:53 AM
I saw that. lol I like the name Don for some reason....xD What I named my partner Charmander in Mystery Dungeon. Overall, I thought the episode was cool only cause of Charizard :D 8/10

WaterDragon trainer
1st October 2006, 1:28 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was funny how easily Charizard ripped through Meganium, Elekid, and Beedrill. Casey's spirit really amazes me, not that I mean that in a bad way. At first, I never really cared too much for Casey and thought she was a bit annoying. After seeing this episode, I don't think she's that bad anymore. It was awesome how Don dove in the water to save Corey and Casey.

Francesc
16th November 2006, 2:07 PM
I don't like baseball, but I liked the episode. It's the first time a see a Rizaadon (Hence it nickname) diving in a river, LOL.

Battra
5th December 2006, 5:00 PM
Any episode with Casey in it is very good, I can sympathize with her and her favorite team losing. It's also nice to see that she still has the Beedrill that Ash gave her with her, add that see has a Magmar and Rapidash back home makes Casey one of my favorite characters. Also Casey looks so cute in her cheerleader outfit.

squirtleboy12
11th December 2006, 1:15 PM
it was a funny eoisode indedd

yay casey!

eimajamie
23rd August 2007, 12:21 PM
I didn't really like this episode, it was good to see what Casey is up to but it was pretty boring really

Anyone 4 Buttons?
1st April 2008, 8:39 PM
One of my lesser favourites of the Chronicles episodes, purely because of my hatred for the annoying, brat-sounding Casey. Uh, like her pokémon, but not her.
Anyway, I had a small issue with the Charizard underwater thing aswell, but there we go. It happened. Thanks for straightening out the 'Don' name too, I wouldn't have made the link without reading it here.

Ash-kid
27th January 2010, 1:21 PM
I loved this episode. It was exciting to see how Charizard suddenly remembered to fly, and saved Corey and Casey. And the football. It was great to see football in the show.

Lorde
28th January 2010, 7:46 AM
This was one of my least favorite Chronicle episodes just because Casey from Johto was featured in it :/

Kinda random that right outside of the Baseball stadium, we find the Charizard running away from the Baseball star. I gotta admit though, I liked Casey's burning spirit and determination in this one.

Having Charizard save Casey's life was something I was expecting, but to see it fly over the stadium at the end was surprising. Charizard is a star even in specials :) 8/10

Swampert_trainer
24th June 2010, 11:37 PM
Casey and her Meganium along with her Elekid and Ash's old Beedrill. It was enjoyable seeing Casey and her Pokemon again, even if the episode was a bit lack luster. The idea of a cowardly Charizard is interesting though. If it can't fly or even use fire attacks, how did it again enough experience to reach its final evolution?

Willow's Tara
26th June 2010, 6:45 AM
Not a bad episode especially with a Charizard that is the opposite of most Charizards we have seen. I didn't mind seeing a Casey episode because I don't find her that bad of a character, although her songs could get a bit annoying. It was good Charizard ended up learning to fly and use Flamethrower.

G50
1st March 2011, 6:24 PM
This episode was good. I like how Don and Cory both get over their self-doubts in the end. It was great to see Casey watch her favorite team finally win for her with Cory throwing 1 more strike. It's very odd to see a Charizard who can't fly or use Fire attacks. It was odd to see it dive into the water to save Casey and Cory.

67/100

AquaMilotic
6th August 2011, 5:19 PM
First of all, Casey is one of the best characters, she's funny with that Electabuzz song. I liked this episode.

It was also great to see a weaker Charizard, a total opposite to Ash' Charizard.

I've never seen Chronicles episodes on TV (I live in the Netherlands), but I like watching them on the Internet.

AgentPierce
12th August 2011, 12:37 AM
First of all, Casey is one of the best characters, she's funny with that Electabuzz song. I liked this episode.

Agreed. I'm still sore that she never showed up at the Johto League. WTF was up with that!?

Littlemyuu
11th October 2011, 11:26 PM
Casey is awesome, really i like striped Pokemon too :P, im glad she helped poor Charizard :) The episode is really nice and yeah...i give it a 70/100