PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of Serebii & Coronis' Dungeon Sky Discoveries Thread

Serebii
17th April 2009, 10:56 AM
This thread is for discussion of the discoveries made by Coronis & Myself while playing the game utilising this thread ( http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=390453 )

Please keep discussion relevant.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th April 2009, 4:11 PM
From what I hear, apparently the side-missions take place in between the plot. Like apparently Bidoof's takes place after Chapter 3, although I don't know if its optional or if you have to do it.

uhhhhh
18th April 2009, 5:04 PM
Korobooshi, I have a copy of game and I can tell you it's OPTIONAL. You get to play them from the Main Menu. I just finished Bidoof's Special Episode.

Serebii
18th April 2009, 5:25 PM
So you can, I just got there myself :)

PurpleMew
18th April 2009, 5:37 PM
Korobooshi, I have a copy of game and I can tell you it's OPTIONAL. You get to play them from the Main Menu. I just finished Bidoof's Special Episode.

Awsome. That means you can learn about the Past and Future whilst playing in the present. Neat idea about making them optional throughout the storyline.

ShinyLucario
18th April 2009, 5:57 PM
I just want to know when Shaymin becomes obtainable. XD Post story is a duh, but still =p

talala
18th April 2009, 6:12 PM
I just want to know when Shaymin becomes obtainable. XD Post story is a duh, but still =p

my guess is its replacing manaphy =o

~Nidoking~
18th April 2009, 6:25 PM
That means I can wait till Post Game and do them?
And how do I get to be eevee??

Torosiken
18th April 2009, 6:37 PM
I want this game out soon :)

PurpleMew
18th April 2009, 6:45 PM
That means I can wait till Post Game and do them?

If you wish too then yes.

And how do I get to be eevee??

Please keep discussion relevant.

uhhhhh
18th April 2009, 7:05 PM
I'm putting this in spoilers for now, just to be safe...

The cafe where Spinda, Wynaut, and Wobba are opens as early as Chapter 5 before exploring the Waterfall Cave, but you can only enter at Chapter 6. It's automatic.

EDIT: If you saw the initial post. My mistake. XD My Japanese is so limited. XD

EDIT #2:
Well, Butterfree, Beedrill, Combee, Burmy, Pachirisu and Buneary are in this version w/o the need of Wonder Mail. I have yet to see if there are any differences in a dungeon. So far, the Pokemon contained in the dungeons up to Steam Cave are still the same. None were removed. =/

Another Special Episode appears after defeating Groudon. This time it's Wigglytuff (as Igglybuff). Playing it right now. Loving the music they placed here. Reminds me of MD1. Oh wait. ;D

talala
19th April 2009, 9:21 PM
lame... no t/d wondermail in sky

ShinyLucario
19th April 2009, 10:15 PM
I bet a new generator will be made, or so I hope.

Ryuartyi
19th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Ew, Luxray was changed into an Electrike? No more Thunderbolt at the end of Amp Plains then. At least it should be a little easier since it can't charge, though I'm wondering why they decided on the change.

Hopefully the Arceus mission will be distributed with Wondermail with a password instead of how the Mewtwo/Celebi missions were handled.

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th April 2009, 10:24 PM
What is it with Luxray being changed into other Electric Pokemon? It happened in Volume 30 of Pokemon Special as well. :0

I wonder why it changed here though. In PokeSpecial it was because the writer decided to introduce Luxray as a good Pokemon, so they switched Mars' to Electivire.

Rakurai
20th April 2009, 2:09 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Shinx is a starter Pokemon now?

I also noticed that there was no mention of the Luxio being changed. So does that mean it's an Electrike leading a bunch of Luxio? That sounds even more awkward.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th April 2009, 3:23 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot Shinx is a starter. Still, I don't see how that would matter. I mean they have Grovyle as a full plot character who joins your team despite being related to one of the starters, so I don't see how having a Luxio in one tiny part would hurt.

Mr. Joker
20th April 2009, 5:32 AM
Yeah, but wasnt it like super hard to get Treeko as a starter? Sorry, I havnt picked up my PMD2 for a while...

I am happy to hear that the Shaymin is a challenge to get!

talala
20th April 2009, 7:20 AM
Yeah, but wasnt it like super hard to get Treeko as a starter? Sorry, I havnt picked up my PMD2 for a while...

I am happy to hear that the Shaymin is a challenge to get!

shaymin isn't a challenge to get, it joins you automatically after you reach the end of its dungeon the second time like most legendaries

Serebii
20th April 2009, 8:33 AM

I also noticed that there was no mention of the Luxio being changed. So does that mean it's an Electrike leading a bunch of Luxio? That sounds even more awkward.
It's a Manectric leading a bunch of Electrike

uhhhhh
20th April 2009, 9:06 AM

Huh. I thought that was weird that Electrike was the leader. I thought "Wait, doesn't he mean Manectric?"

I'm currently in Amp Plains right now BTW so I've yet to see the changes. XD

Rakurai
20th April 2009, 9:34 AM

Ah. Guess Coronis must've just gotten the two Pokemon mixed up.

That sounds like a fitting replacement, though I can't help but wonder why they changed them. Perhaps it was for difficulty reasons, since that fight was rather tough if you weren't overleveled or hadn't bothered to recruit an Electrike beforehand.

On another subject, I'm hoping that Giratina won't just simply be recruited in its original dungeon with no story involvement whatsoever.

talala
20th April 2009, 11:10 AM
Ah. Guess Coronis must've just gotten the two Pokemon mixed up.

That sounds like a fitting replacement, though I can't help but wonder why they changed them. Perhaps it was for difficulty reasons, since that fight was rather tough if you weren't overleveled or hadn't bothered to recruit an Electrike beforehand.

On another subject, I'm hoping that Giratina won't just simply be recruited in its original dungeon with no story involvement whatsoever.

its the same mission for giratina except its not over wifi

Shiny Bashamo
20th April 2009, 11:14 AM
I managed to get a copy of the game, but i can't read japanese, I managed to get Riolu as a starter, and a munchlax as partner, but Riolu knew bite? and Munchlax knew Zen headbutt. do the starters have eggmoves in the beginning now? I forgot that my battery was almost dead, so I ended up losing this save file. I'll try again to see if the starter I get knows eggmoves

Rakurai
20th April 2009, 12:18 PM
its the same mission for giratina except its not over wifi

I'm going to take that with a grain of salt until Serebii or Coronis posts something.

Seems a little hard to believe that Giratina wouldn't even get a role in Sky's story, considering its role in Platinum and the latest movie.

TurtwigFan1
20th April 2009, 6:33 PM
Yippee, PMD3's out. Sounds cool so far and I'm really looking forward to Sky Summit. I like the idea of the past, present and future episodes and I'm especially looking forward to the Team Charm one.

When I read about the Electrike, I was so 'WTF' I had to read it again! Thanks for the clarification, Serebii.

Can't wait for more discoveries!

talala
20th April 2009, 8:58 PM
I'm going to take that with a grain of salt until Serebii or Coronis posts something.

Seems a little hard to believe that Giratina wouldn't even get a role in Sky's story, considering its role in Platinum and the latest movie.

coronis said all the md2 wifi missions come from spinda cafe now (except gabite)
which isn't wifi =O

Ekaru
21st April 2009, 12:25 AM
All looking good so far. Will probably get it when it comes out here just for the cover alone. I loved Explorer of Time, playing through it again will be fun. Particularly looking forward to the special episodes and the summit. If anything it'll be fun. Actually being able to use Shaymin this time is also win.

P.S. I think I fail for misreading Electrike as Electevire (sp?). Yeah, I was like, "what?'

minredd
21st April 2009, 12:37 AM
Don't them being Electrike nullify all their electric attacks? And I'm a little disappointed about the gender Pokemon but I'll live saying I'm a male Riolu.

ChuklaeAquos
21st April 2009, 1:23 AM
Don't them being Electrike nullify all their electric attacks? And I'm a little disappointed about the gender Pokemon but I'll live saying I'm a male Riolu.

They will probably rig it and it won't get cancelled, otherwise I don't think they never would have changed it from Luxray an Luxios

Rakurai
21st April 2009, 4:09 AM
Don't them being Electrike nullify all their electric attacks?

Lightningrod only affects foes in PMD, so their attacks will work fine.

Now I'm wondering about the special missions. Namely about whether finishing them gives you any kind of reward, or if they're simply for providing extra story.

EDIT: A central Zero Island dungeon? I honestly hope it's even more evil then South. I also wonder if some of those missing legends have moved into the Zero Island dungeons for the sake of providing more incentive to completing them then just items.

Sailor Saturn
21st April 2009, 3:07 PM
I'm a bit disappointed about the gender thing as well. But I guess I'll just have to pretend to be a boy to get Riolu. Either that or take Riolu as my partner.

jolteonjak
21st April 2009, 4:30 PM
I know this sounds a bit petty, but the whole fact that Arceus doesn't appear to be in this game as a playable character is seriously deterring me from buying it when it comes out in America. That plus I really wanted to guide a Fan-shaped Rotom through dungeons Air Slashing everything...

I could give a rat's *** about Shaymin personally.

Looks like I'll skip this for the 5th generation version when it'll be more worthwhile.

TurtwigFan1
21st April 2009, 4:37 PM
I was also annoyed when I found out that Arceus wasn't an actual character, but it hasn't been officially released yet so it's the price we have to pay. About the gender thing, I'm kinda annoyed that to be an Eevee or Vulpix you have to be a girl. Why couldn't we have been able to be any Pokemon, any gender? Yet another quirk I can't get my head 'round!

Opal Pikachu13
21st April 2009, 5:13 PM
I also don't like the return of the gender exclusive Pokemon either.. being a Shinx requires you to be a boy (and I'm a girl). I guess I have to select boy in order to be Shinx.. :S Arceus as not a playable character kinda annoyed me a bit.

Shiny Bashamo
21st April 2009, 6:53 PM
I managed to get a copy of the game, but i can't read japanese, I managed to get Riolu as a starter, and a munchlax as partner, but Riolu knew bite? and Munchlax knew Zen headbutt. do the starters have eggmoves in the beginning now? I forgot that my battery was almost dead, so I ended up losing this save file. I'll try again to see if the starter I get knows eggmoves

I restarted my game and am once again the Riolu I wanted to be, but this time I chose Vulpix as my partner. Riolu knew Bite again, and Vulpix knows Faint attack. So I guess this does mean the starter knows an egg move.

talala
21st April 2009, 10:55 PM

*points to other thread >.>*

I'm a bit disappointed about the gender thing as well. But I guess I'll just have to pretend to be a boy to get Riolu. Either that or take Riolu as my partner.

I'm having vulpix be my partner and riolu as me

I know this sounds a bit petty, but the whole fact that Arceus doesn't appear to be in this game as a playable character is seriously deterring me from buying it when it comes out in America. That plus I really wanted to guide a Fan-shaped Rotom through dungeons Air Slashing everything...

I could give a rat's *** about Shaymin personally.

Looks like I'll skip this for the 5th generation version when it'll be more worthwhile.

they're most likely making a new 4th generation one including arceus

I was also annoyed when I found out that Arceus wasn't an actual character, but it hasn't been officially released yet so it's the price we have to pay. About the gender thing, I'm kinda annoyed that to be an Eevee or Vulpix you have to be a girl. Why couldn't we have been able to be any Pokemon, any gender? Yet another quirk I can't get my head 'round!

there aren't enough natures for it (obvious) -_-

I restarted my game and am once again the Riolu I wanted to be, but this time I chose Vulpix as my partner. Riolu knew Bite again, and Vulpix knows Faint attack. So I guess this does mean the starter knows an egg move.

just cuz its an egg move in platinum doesn't make it an egg move in dungeon

PokemonHero
21st April 2009, 11:15 PM

Not quite, because whenever I recruited a Riolu through a Wondermail mission, it never learn Bite. I figure it's because those two Pokemon don't have very strong movepools early on, so they gave them one their egg moves.

Interesting about the Electrike. This'll make things pretty difficuilt. Then again, I'm planning on a Riolu/Eevee pairing, so it may not be too bad. I like the fact that these missions come in during the game and can be accessed without a Wondermail code or event. Disappointed about Arceus though. But then again, I guess that it would be kinda strange to have the god of Pokemon on your team.

So far, I'm still very interested. I'll have to keep updated and preparing.

Yuppirox
22nd April 2009, 12:09 AM
I honestly don't care about genders. As long as I get the Pokemon I want, it's useless to me. Does anybody really need their gender in a video game? My Pikachu in PMD2 was male (I'm female. The gender got screwed by AR.^_^; ) and I don't care.

Luxray is Manectric now? And Luxio is Electrike? -.- Weird...Eh, I'll still buy the game for the storyline (even though it's the same), new Pokemon characters, and special episodes.=P

talala
22nd April 2009, 12:18 AM
I honestly don't care about genders. As long as I get the Pokemon I want, it's useless to me. Does anybody really need their gender in a video game? My Pikachu in PMD2 was male (I'm female. The gender got screwed by AR.^_^; ) and I don't care.

Luxray is Manectric now? And Luxio is Electrike? -.- Weird...Eh, I'll still buy the game for the storyline (even though it's the same), new Pokemon characters, and special episodes.=P

what about new dungeons? =o

FireBlaze97
22nd April 2009, 12:43 AM
Hi due to me being new here this might have already been established but i c that the pokemon you have for PMD Explorers of the sky is Riolu how will he be accessible what is needed to be answered to receive him. And is there a positive release date on this game yet?

Your new member,
FireBlaze97

talala
22nd April 2009, 1:02 AM
Hi due to me being new here this might have already been established but i c that the pokemon you have for PMD Explorers of the sky is Riolu how will he be accessible what is needed to be answered to receive him. And is there a positive release date on this game yet?

Your new member,
FireBlaze97

the release date for japan was the 18th

both the english release date and personality test answers for specific starters have yet to be revealed

FireBlaze97
22nd April 2009, 1:13 AM
Ok thank you

Mr. Joker
22nd April 2009, 1:28 AM
I am expecting a date for PMD:EotS to be reviled for America this Summer and will be reliced near Labor Day...

ANyway, that really ****** me off that Arceus isnt a playable pokemon. I wouldve loved to see judgement as a move, although it does give me something to look forword to...

BTW, does the Arceus Statue say anything?

Shiny Bashamo
22nd April 2009, 11:04 AM

I checked the Spin-off dex, not the DPPt dex. So that's why I said the starters know egg moves.

Anyways, no playable arceus, really got me down, I thought we finally would have get a chance on a (legit) Arceus even though it is in Dungeon, but no >_>

Shaymin, well, what to say.. I don't really care. Too bad the rotom formes aren´t in it.

Silverninetails
22nd April 2009, 11:36 AM
Sigh.
The fact that Riolu can only be male was really well, devastating to me..I want a female Riolu!!!

Say, can I get a female Riolu for the partner?

DarkerShining
22nd April 2009, 12:29 PM
It's really annoying that Arceus isn't in this game. Couldn't they have put him at the end of a really hard dungeon, or make it so he could only be obtained when the other 492 Pokemon had been obtained or something?

... Anyways, it looks like we'll finally know where the fifth time gear is/was located.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd April 2009, 2:09 PM
Aw, the Special Episodes sound really cute.

Especially the Dusknoir one. I'm glad he turns good since I always thought he was a pretty cool guy.

DarkerShining
22nd April 2009, 2:44 PM
The Sunflora one appears to be that mission mentioned in her diary where she got into trouble and was saved by Loudred.

... I've been wondering... Can you only play the special episodes once, or can you play through them as many times as you want?

talala
22nd April 2009, 3:31 PM
The Sunflora one appears to be that mission mentioned in her diary where she got into trouble and was saved by Loudred.

... I've been wondering... Can you only play the special episodes once, or can you play through them as many times as you want?

as many times as you want, and if not, still as many times as you want, you can restart your game

uhhhhh
22nd April 2009, 4:49 PM

Yes, you can play them over and over again. =)

Disappointed about Arceus, and the Rotom Formes... oh well. I do wonder about those dungeons Coronis mentioned though.

PurpleMew
22nd April 2009, 5:39 PM
I like the features and story of the special episodes and I think it is kind of boring that Arceus and Rotoms new formes won't appear in the game but along with most of the stuff I think this game is alright minus the same storyline.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd April 2009, 5:41 PM
Hmm, yeah, content wise I'm a little dissapointed in this game. Oh well.

Later, Grovyle finds himself, Dusknoir and Celebi still at the Time Tunnel, and is surprised that no one has to vanish. Dialga, now returned to its normal state, has also reappeared, and remarks that they are all revived because of a being on an even higher tier than itself
I guess that's refering to Arceus though, so that's his plot appearance I guess.

Also, is it me, or does the end of Igglybuff's story kind of sound like Armaldo will be executed. 0.o

talala
22nd April 2009, 8:44 PM
Also, is it me, or does the end of Igglybuff's story kind of sound like Armaldo will be executed. 0.o

its definitely not just you >.>

R_N
23rd April 2009, 5:17 AM
I'm not really surprised that Rotom's forms aren't available.
Honestly, I somehow doubt there'd be a lawnmower, washing machine, microwave oven, a fan, or a refrigerator just lying around in the PMD(2) world....

I am fairly surprised at the lack of Arcues beyond a statue, though.

As for 3rd version content, I think it's ok for what it is. The side chapters seem pretty cool, there's a few extra dungeons, added in another quest with Shaymin, the Origin & Sky forms, putting the wondermail dungeon missions in as regular post game things is nice.

Rakurai
23rd April 2009, 7:14 AM
The challenge dungeons sound interesting.

I just hope they're appropriately difficult for the sheer amount of time you need to invest in order to unlock them, and not that something you can just mindlessly plow through with a level 100 Pokemon and a large supply of stat boosting items.

uhhhhh
23rd April 2009, 2:39 PM
Hmmm...Moltres? Is Source Cave (The dungeon in Sunflora's episode) accessible in the main story? I have a slight hunch it could be there because it's the only special episode dungeon aside from Jirachi's Dungeon that has a location in the main world map. =/

And...wow. I'm interested in the challenges too. XD

ShinyLucario
23rd April 2009, 4:02 PM
Nice, so from the looks of it no WiFi only mails to unlock stuff n.n YAY

Sailor Saturn
23rd April 2009, 5:50 PM
I'm really disappointed Arceus only appears as a statue too. Guess we'll have to wait until the next PMD to see him, maybe =(.

talala
23rd April 2009, 9:02 PM
I'm really disappointed Arceus only appears as a statue too. Guess we'll have to wait until the next PMD to see him, maybe =(.

seeing a statue of him is still considered seeing him, guess we'll have to wait until next pmd to use him =P

serebiifreak
23rd April 2009, 11:23 PM
All I know so far:
Shaymin is obtainable.
New starters
Some Spinda Cafe thing

Just now from reading the Home page: Arceus is just a Statue and not Obtainable T_T

Wisest Celebi
24th April 2009, 12:55 AM
Not sure if anyone thought of this, but what do you think you need to do in order for Shaymin to become Sky Forme? Will it have to wear that item(Gracidea) or something else?

R_N
24th April 2009, 1:18 AM
All I know so far:
Shaymin is obtainable.
New starters
Some Spinda Cafe thing

Just now from reading the Home page: Arceus is just a Statue and not Obtainable T_T

A few other things, too.
New dungeons, old event dungeons, some changed pokemon locations, Skymin, the whole Shaymin dungeon thing seems to add on a decent bit.

On a side note...Team Charm. Were they in Time/Darkness? Seems kind of odd to focus on some random team, even if it does give some backstory on a time gear.

talala
24th April 2009, 1:22 AM
Not sure if anyone thought of this, but what do you think you need to do in order for Shaymin to become Sky Forme? Will it have to wear that item(Gracidea) or something else?

gracidea flower

Mr. Joker
24th April 2009, 2:04 AM
On a side note...Team Charm. Were they in Time/Darkness? Seems kind of odd to focus on some random team, even if it does give some backstory on a time gear.
They were in the Regi trio and Rigigigas missions. They are Wigglytuffs old exploration team before Chatot.

Mr. Joker
24th April 2009, 2:04 AM
They were in the Regi trio and Rigigigas missions. They are Wigglytuffs old exploration team before Chatot.

Sparkleo
24th April 2009, 5:08 AM
Checked the summaries. Was there any explaination about the 'statue bit' in Team Charm's story?

talala
24th April 2009, 5:49 AM
Checked the summaries. Was there any explaination about the 'statue bit' in Team Charm's story?

its not in any of the special episodes

Sparkleo
24th April 2009, 10:12 AM
its not in any of the special episodes
This...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/P-Bodi/c.jpg

uhhhhh
24th April 2009, 10:18 AM

Umm... They just want to look good? :P

talala
24th April 2009, 8:54 PM
This...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/P-Bodi/c.jpg

that isn't arceus and if you check the discovery thread he found it >.>

Sparkleo
24th April 2009, 10:34 PM
that isn't arceus and if you check the discovery thread he found it >.>

*sigh*

I didn't mention anything about Arceus...

talala
24th April 2009, 11:08 PM
*sigh*

I didn't mention anything about Arceus...

you didn't mention anything about there being a statue that wasn't arceus =o

Nightlingbolt
25th April 2009, 1:23 AM
Well, it's safe to say I'll never be exploring Destiny Tower. I mean, sure, if you could recruit Arceus that way, then sure, I'd give it a try. But as it is, an item that raises your stats to their maximum levels... Not really worth the trek.

Come to think of it, what happens to Zero Isle in this game?

Rakurai
25th April 2009, 1:43 AM
Well, it's safe to say I'll never be exploring Destiny Tower. I mean, sure, if you could recruit Arceus that way, then sure, I'd give it a try. But as it is, an item that raises your stats to their maximum levels... Not really worth the trek.

I'd have to hope that Destiny Tower is the hardest dungeon in the game if it rewards an item that's essentially a god mode enabler.

Come to think of it, what happens to Zero Isle in this game?

Sounds unchanged, aside from the addition of a central dungeon that has yet to be accessed.

lindsy95
25th April 2009, 3:14 PM

Yes they were in T/D I beleve theyre old pals with wigilytuff

talala
25th April 2009, 6:49 PM
so why is entei a lvl 75 and a lvl 80 and raikous level unknown? o_o

blob
25th April 2009, 7:33 PM
So... HOW exactly do I get that Gold Box at the end of Time/Darkness? I've never seen it before...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Coronis/TDTitleD.png

IcyKerpymon
25th April 2009, 8:25 PM
I think it happens after you recruit all the 7 treasure keepers.

There was some stuff I didn't understand:
What are the legendary beasts levels?
And why are Team Charm in the pic posted above looking like statues?

blob
25th April 2009, 8:47 PM
There was some stuff I didn't understand:
What are the legendary beasts levels?
And why are Team Charm in the pic posted above looking like statues?

It's probably for dramatic impact. Kinda like Team Rocket when they say their motto.

lindsy95
25th April 2009, 9:58 PM
So... HOW exactly do I get that Gold Box at the end of Time/Darkness? I've never seen it before...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Coronis/TDTitleD.png

You get them after you get all seven treasures not after all of the gaurdians are recruited.

Hippowdon12
28th April 2009, 9:07 AM
Wondermail for Suicune
devil sea 17F
T94=C@CS3PPYJ5X+H
=+M%8PPRN8#CK8X52

Janovy
28th April 2009, 10:38 AM
Yay, I juts got my Explorers Of Sky. Its on japanese though. I became Phanpy and took Riolu as a partner.

Janovy
28th April 2009, 10:52 AM

My Phanpy has Ancient Power. Is it a egg move?

Shiny Bashamo
28th April 2009, 11:20 AM
My Phanpy has Ancient Power. Is it a egg move?

And your partner knows Bite right?

I discovered the same, th starter and your partner each know an eggmove. for Riolu it is Bite, for Munchlax Zen Headbutt and Vulpix Faint Attack, don't know any more though

Janovy
28th April 2009, 11:34 AM
I like this game so far. My only problem is that I cant read Japanese. That is why, I'm going to write down the menu of the english one.

Juts finished the Spoink misson. Both me and my partner are LV 7.
Again got 200 from 2000..xD.

Hippowdon12
28th April 2009, 1:11 PM
Mystery part Drenched Bluff 3f
+TQ%6@Y%4@H%-82=-
8XXCS&XP932==NCP8

talala
28th April 2009, 6:00 PM
And your partner knows Bite right?

I discovered the same, th starter and your partner each know an eggmove. for Riolu it is Bite, for Munchlax Zen Headbutt and Vulpix Faint Attack, don't know any more though

didn't he say phanpy has ancient power? and you don't know that how?

jolteonjak
29th April 2009, 3:53 AM
geez...did someone crack the wondermail system already??

talala
29th April 2009, 4:29 AM
geez...did someone crack the wondermail system already??

no, he's just sharing good missions he found on the boards

Janovy
29th April 2009, 8:05 AM
How to save? There are three options in the Explorers Of Sky and It never saves. Does anyone know which one is for saving, first, second or the third one?

talala
29th April 2009, 6:16 PM
How to save? There are three options in the Explorers Of Sky and It never saves. Does anyone know which one is for saving, first, second or the third one?

its like the other dungeon games, if it starts at the bottom asking if u wanna save, its the first and second that make you save, one returns you to the menu, the other lets you continue playing

Shiny Bashamo
2nd May 2009, 6:17 PM
didn't he say phanpy has ancient power? and you don't know that how?

I meant apart from the Phanpy one of course

Torpoleon
2nd May 2009, 6:32 PM
Although the sotryline of Sky is similar to T/D, Sky has added things making the game WAY more fun! Thanks a lot, Serebii and Coroniz. I learned A LOT!!

talala
2nd May 2009, 7:54 PM
I meant apart from the Phanpy one of course

suuuuuuuuuurrrreeeeeee..... >_>

minredd
3rd May 2009, 10:02 PM
I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out... Unless something more interesting catches my eye ^^; But I don't think a second Okami will ever come out ;D

Shiny Bashamo
4th May 2009, 3:38 PM
So anyone discovered any more eggmove with the starters?

except for the ones I already listed (including the Phanpy) I would really like to know the egg moves.

jolteonjak
5th May 2009, 3:29 AM
I have to admit, the new species items added for all Pokemon look pretty cool. The Porygon line just merged with Keckleon with its item (IT Brooch). Still, the fact that you can't get Porygon until after the story line ruins any hopes that I'd have of getting it.

talala
5th May 2009, 4:10 AM
I have to admit, the new species items added for all Pokemon look pretty cool. The Porygon line just merged with Keckleon with its item (IT Brooch). Still, the fact that you can't get Porygon until after the story line ruins any hopes that I'd have of getting it.

or theres wondermail :S

DarkerShining
5th May 2009, 3:14 PM
Checked the page with the new items, some of them are pretty clever. I found the version of the max elixir that only works on Linoone pretty amusing...

jolteonjak
5th May 2009, 7:38 PM
If the WM is anything like Dark/Time, then you won't be able to get Porygon/2/-Z through Wondermail...

Garmmon
6th May 2009, 7:39 AM
Shinx - Quick Attack
Phanpy - Ancientpower
Meowth - Hypnosis
Riolu - Bite
Vulpix - Faint Attack
Eevee - Flail
Skitty - Zen Headbutt (no Tail Whip)
Munchlax - Zen Headbutt

Apparently the starter starters (Bulbasaur, etc) including Pikachu have no special moves.

Shiny Bashamo
7th May 2009, 11:15 AM
Shinx - Quick Attack
Phanpy - Ancientpower
Meowth - Hypnosis
Riolu - Bite
Vulpix - Faint Attack
Eevee - Flail
Skitty - Zen Headbutt (no Tail Whip)
Munchlax - Zen Headbutt

Apparently the starter starters (Bulbasaur, etc) including Pikachu have no special moves.

wow, thanks, I was wondering what all egg moves where.

I just find it kinda weird that the starter starters don't know any special moves.

Rakurai
7th May 2009, 1:08 PM
It always irked me that only a select few lines of Pokemon and the legends got special items, so I found the addition of items for every Pokemon line to be a welcome change.

Though, now it's bugging me that it seems like the damage absorbing items for the Pokemon that didn't have them before are inferior to the ones present in the original PMD 2 games, seeing as they only function on critical hits, as opposed to any hit.

talala
7th May 2009, 10:14 PM
wow, thanks, I was wondering what all egg moves where.

I just find it kinda weird that the starter starters don't know any special moves.

the normal starters are good at the start, and they get blast burn, hydro cannon, and frenzy plant at lvl 72 with a 3 star IQ

Shiny Bashamo
16th May 2009, 10:37 AM
the normal starters are good at the start, and they get blast burn, hydro cannon, and frenzy plant at lvl 72 with a 3 star IQ

That's true. But still, Munchlax, Eevee and more pokés can leanr a lot of TM's, so thay did't need eggmoves to then right?

Calm PokeMaster
16th May 2009, 11:00 AM
From what I hear, apparently the side-missions take place in between the plot. Like apparently Bidoof's takes place after Chapter 3, although I don't know if its optional or if you have to do it.

Bidoof's side mission takes place after Chapter 6,I think

Calm PokeMaster
16th May 2009, 11:08 AM
This is the most useful addition in Sky that I could think of.The Secret Bazaar in the Dungeons on random floors.They can fill up your belly,clean up sticky items(no Cleanse Orb)and do other useful things.This is why you should have quite some money even in dungeons in this game.

talala
16th May 2009, 5:33 PM
That's true. But still, Munchlax, Eevee and more pokés can leanr a lot of TM's, so thay did't need eggmoves to then right?

you can't find tms that easily at the start now can you?

Bidoof's side mission takes place after Chapter 6,I think

its chapter 3

A_Merry_Snowrunt
23rd May 2009, 5:02 PM
any videos of grovyle and dusknoir?

talala
23rd May 2009, 9:38 PM
any videos of grovyle and dusknoir?

check youtube

lonelykid536
29th May 2009, 10:17 AM
umm can you tell us when will it release in the us? i have been waiting for you to post the exact date for it to com.

talala
30th May 2009, 12:06 AM
umm can you tell us when will it release in the us? i have been waiting for you to post the exact date for it to com.

it will be announced most likely in this thread and on the spp news page when serebii finds out

FireBlaze97
3rd June 2009, 3:19 AM
Sorry for asking the second time but has it now been re-announced of the Fall release date and, the real question, has there been a guideline or anything to show how to get Riolu as yourself? Please do PM me if there is and tell me how or show me.

talala
3rd June 2009, 5:12 AM
Sorry for asking the second time but has it now been re-announced of the Fall release date and, the real question, has there been a guideline or anything to show how to get Riolu as yourself? Please do PM me if there is and tell me how or show me.

no, there will be when the english version comes out in fall like there was when pmd2 came out in america...

Sailor Saturn
10th June 2009, 6:04 PM

I was just on GameStops site, and they're listing it as Sept. 1.

AstralEon
15th June 2009, 6:18 PM
So is there any more news about MD Sky? Seems getting dry now or probably everything has been mentioned already.

Is the release date is really Sept. 1?

Shiny Bashamo
15th June 2009, 6:30 PM
So is there any more news about MD Sky? Seems getting dry now or probably everything has been mentioned already.

Is the release date is really Sept. 1?

All info has been out already, there will be be new things added when the US game comes out, and as far as it looks roght now, the release date is Fall 2009

blob
16th June 2009, 11:13 PM
The American release date is the 18th of August 2009.

In this game, are there any Move set changes like in Platinum?

Pikachu78
27th June 2009, 2:52 PM
The American release date is the 18th of August 2009.

In this game, are there any Move set changes like in Platinum?

It hasn't been anounced but I'm doubting they will. They might do it in the one after Sky.

Calm PokeMaster
12th July 2009, 10:35 AM
It hasn't been anounced but I'm doubting they will. They might do it in the one after Sky.

I think there will be changes in the egg moves of Pokemon.

Credential Inflation
23rd July 2009, 8:53 AM
I've got the game, and to receive Shaymin Sky Forme you must use the Gracidea Flower, obtained only by recruiting Shaymin at the top of Shaymin Village, by talking to the shaymin at the top right. Then use the flower on Shaymin in a dungeon. I'll edit this post with more interesting info soon (:

The Spinda Café: In the Cafe, your team mates sit on the first table to the left. You can also get rescues from the pokemon to the left, sometimes a ??? Mission which unlocks a new area.

The Shaymin Village: Is unlocked right after you graduate, after you complete some option missions, Mr Mime and Octillery will be outside the Spinda Café. They will tell you about the Shaymin Village and then you must travel up the mountain, restoring it to peace, and saving lives. It's like a mini treasure town full of Shaymin. The second time you go back you can get Shaymin.

kingdra008
4th August 2009, 2:35 PM
does anyone know whats happening with giratina in explorers of the sky??

talala
28th August 2009, 12:49 AM
european release date here http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5736513/Trail/searchtext%3EPOKEMON+MYSTERY.htm 11-13-09

shadow94
3rd September 2009, 2:11 AM
hey ive got a question about sky and im not sure where it goes so ill post it here. in the American trailer does riolu get aura sphere at lvl 13????? check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJfLF3F5jY, it happens at 0:22-0:23

thanks

talala
3rd September 2009, 4:27 AM
hey ive got a question about sky and im not sure where it goes so ill post it here. in the American trailer does riolu get aura sphere at lvl 13????? check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJfLF3F5jY, it happens at 0:22-0:23

thanks

dunno what move that is but its definitely not aura sphere

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 12:49 AM
it's focus blast.

Purplepassion
21st September 2009, 6:48 AM
does anyone know whats happening with giratina in explorers of the sky??
In some dungeons, Giratina changes into its Origin Forme. ;)

FireBlaze97
14th October 2009, 2:52 AM
Sooo now that its has been out for a few days had anyone figured it out yet on how to be riolu? im getting mine on thursday.

mbruno
14th October 2009, 8:35 PM

That's what I was thinking, too, as far as why Luxray/Luxio was changed to Manectric/Electrike.

BLADEDGE
15th October 2009, 2:28 AM
just wondering, is there an Wondermail S generater out yet?

serebiifreak
23rd November 2009, 1:29 AM
As far as I know there is no generator for it yet.

Edros
30th November 2009, 5:12 PM
To be a riolu, you have to be sassy.
I am a riolu, so i know it.

DYLANJON
2nd January 2010, 2:22 AM
Umm, as i have noticed, the names for the special episodes are japanese, in case anyone is interested, here are the english names, 1st 4 only:

1. Bidoofs Wish.

2. Igglybuff the prodigy.

3. Todays "Oh my Gosh".

4. Here Comes Team Charm!

5. In the future of Darkness.

and it appears the whole info (that is, dungeons and partner pokemon) isnt 100% accurate/complete. here is the full info.
1. Bidoofs wish.
Dungeon: Star Cave.
Partner Pokemon: Snover lvl 22??? (TBC), the whole guild, (only when facing Team Rogue for the 2nd time.
Bosses: Team Rogue, consisting of Snover, Bagon and Gligar (Twice!?), Jirachi.

2. Igglybuff the Prodigy.
Dungeons: Murky Forest, Eastern Cave, Fortune Ravine.
Partner Pokemon: Banette lvl 15, Skorupi lvl 15, Armaldo lvl 26.
Boss: Monster house consisting of Vespiquen, Probopass, Yanmega, Camerupt, Exploud, and Claydol.

3. Today's "Oh my Gosh".
Dungeon: Spring Cave.
Partner Pokemon: Loudred (only at the final boss battle.)
Bosses: Haunter 1 (at 1st checkpoint), Haunter 2 (at 2nd checkpoint), all 3 Haunters (at Summit).

4. Here Comes Team Charm!
Dungeons: Southern Jungle, Boulder Quarry, Left Cave Path, Right Cave Path, Limestone Cave.
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir lvl 33, Medicham lvl 31
Bosses: Aggron with 6 Lairons, Team AWD.

5. In the Future of darkness.
Dungeons: Barren Desert???, Dark Wasteland, Temporal Tower (future), Spacial Cliffs, Dark Ice Mountain, Icicle Forest, Vast Dark Ice Mountain???
Partners: Celebi (for vast dark ice mountain) and dusknoir (dark wasteland onwards) lvl 45.
Bosses: 4 Sableye, 6 Sableye, 1 pathetically weak mamoswine and 4 ugly glalies, and Primal Dialga.

PMDGrovyleFan
2nd January 2010, 7:59 PM
oh my, the fifth special episode is also sad, but in a happy sort of way...i think i just contradicted myself, i hope you know what i mean >.< like a (borrowing from TVtropes) Bittersweet ending. its happy because grovyleXcelebi together, but sad because.., well, he's back in the sad, sad future (not so sad after) but we still never see him again T_T i would love to see him again

DYLANJON
4th January 2010, 3:50 AM
Do we post our own discoveries in this thread?

If so, ive discovered that shaymin's sky form requires a gracidea of course. (obtained from shaymin with a shaymin as leader) But skymin moves at double speed, with it i completed surrounded sea in 5 mins.

Also, what are the odds of unlocking destiny tower from spindas drink stand???

talala
4th January 2010, 7:34 AM
Do we post our own discoveries in this thread?

If so, ive discovered that shaymin's sky form requires a gracidea of course. (obtained from shaymin with a shaymin as leader) But skymin moves at double speed, with it i completed surrounded sea in 5 mins.

Also, what are the odds of unlocking destiny tower from spindas drink stand???

1. no, we discuss serebii's and coronis'

2. thats in their discoveries about needing a gracidea

3. VERY slim, binge drinking is the best solution for getting it, thats how i got mt mistral from the drink stand

lucarioisace95
6th January 2010, 11:12 AM
hey hey got sum cool wondermail s for u but i forget which one is which just try them out! =]
2YH44 HY3NWFT HRX55
N&HK0 C—9MF8 T2QPW

2YH44 HX3NWFT H2X55
N&HK@ C839T&N KM-PW

Q7SS9 =%PJN8W -R=71
FS7#+ PQ=8K%= 8M6W@

KQ7T8 2MK1C8F N7TH
J0H&&9Y+NNK= 0QQKM

455P5S58K93C7C
1XF1QX6P0+WC57@3

M-RNHSCM#351TWFKT
Q7JP#K9J&=XW&4=&W

K2X8NN%#J78Y8%63N
S-QCC=P+7W4J2R-Q+

HHK0@ WNRX2+N Q64C1
&XFK& =@SNX10 N&4J-

HHK0@ WNRX2+N Q64C1
&XFK& =@SNX10 N&4J-

&442R 4&MS#K% =H@=Y
M+0WH Q=M9H+# YP@H3

=9#MS WS1NTXY 6&@K2
W@NC+ Q1%-=85 S1+65

+TQ%6@Y%4@H%-82=-
8XXCS&XP932==NCP8

also i found a secret room in mystic forest they apeared like secret bazaar stairs but when i went up them there were 5 deluxe boxes! kool or wot?

(how do u do a sig?)

;rukario; lucario will rule the universe=] ;rukario;