PDA

View Full Version : Ranger [All Incarnations] Recent Happenings Thread.

Erik Destler
18th April 2009, 6:04 PM
So, what's been going on lately in your Ranger Game?

Post about it here.

Mark all spoilers, and posts have to be at least three sentences. :<

Dark1Nemesis
14th May 2009, 2:42 PM
well i have caught kyogre, groudon, and rayquayza and i have done everything in the pokenet and now there is nothing left to do... WHAT DO I DO NOW!!?!?!

Calm PokeMaster
14th May 2009, 3:56 PM
Lucky you.I am still stuck in Fiore temple.

Dark1Nemesis
14th May 2009, 5:09 PM
Lucky you.I am still stuck in Fiore temple.

mabe i can help you out then

Dark1Nemesis
14th May 2009, 7:34 PM
i found this on the Bulbapedia website it may help you!

Fiore Temple (Japanese: フィオレしんでん Fiore Temple) is a temple found near the top of the Sekra Mountain Range in northern Fiore. According to history, the temple was built by people and Pok&#233;mon together in ancient times. In the present, it is mainly ruins though the temple itself is still standing.

Fiore Temple is the location of the final numbered mission in Pok&#233;mon Ranger. It is here that Solana and Lunick corner Gordor and take on the Legendary Beasts, which he has taken control of. In a similar mission after the credits, Rayquaza must be calmed after remenants of the Go-Rock Squad fail to control it.

The Drowzee man can be found on the temple after the credits. With the help of his Drowzee, the final confrontation can be replayed, though only three friend Pok&#233;mon are allowed to be taken.

To actually reach the temple, a puzzle must be solved while requires placing Pok&#233;mon on pedestals. On the first visit, the Pok&#233;mon are Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon, while on the second visit the Pok&#233;mon are Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir.

Pedestal inscriptions
A blue Pok&#233;mon cloaked with the power of water: Vaporeon.
A yellow Pok&#233;mon cloaked with the power of electricity: Jolteon.
A red Pok&#233;mon cloaked with the power of fire: Flareon.
An infant Pok&#233;mon wielding psychic abilities: Ralts.
A young Pok&#233;mon wielding psychic abilities: Kirlia.
A mature and majestic Pok&#233;mon wielding Psychic abilities: Gardevoir.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 1:54 PM
In light of the new Ranger game announced, I've started playing the first Ranger again.

-Got off of the ship and arrived in Fall City's port. Went inside the main building and a woman told me that someone was looking for me I believe (it's the Japanese version).
-Went outside and met with Spencer who talked to me, then I heard a noise and noticed that a Minun was being cornered by a Houndoom.
-Spencer caught it, saying it was a prefect example of what Rangers do and released it. he told me to capture Minun with the styler he gave me. Drew some loops and captured it.
-Minun ran away and Spencer and his Fearow took us to Ring Town, but not before Minun hitched a ride with us. Arrived and Saved.

Illusione-Tempus
22nd January 2010, 2:28 PM
To celebrate the new Ranger game, I decided to play Ranger 1 and Ranger 2 again.

Ranger 1:
- Completed the storyline for about 5:49 playtime. Yeah, 6 hours non stop playing my DSL. I've amazed myself :p
- Completed the Special Missions excluding Manaphy's. Haven't typed the password yet.

Ranger 2:
- Passed the examination test by catching a Pikachu
- Entered class and introduced my name
- Rhythmi gave me a tour of the school which is unnecessary though

Ranger 2 parts that have been passed yet game suddenly froze:
- Learned about capturing and target clears which still, is unnecessary
- Bidoof catching race with Keith
- Went through the courage test from my classmates.
- Was about to get to Gastly's place yet game suddenly froze and I didn't saved when I was in my classroom ._.

TR4eva
27th January 2010, 6:03 PM
Well, I caught Rayquaza last night at a time of 6:47, it was hard!!! I used Plusle, Espeon and Raichu to help me capture it out of my friend Pokemon. I will try the Manaphy code later as it didn't work last night. I don't know what to do now though...

My friend Pokemon:

-Plusle
-Absol
-Espeon
-Umbreon
-Arbok
-Solrock
-Lunatone
-Raichu

Lorde
28th January 2010, 5:30 PM
My friend Pokemon:
-Lunatone

Are you sure you're playing Ranger? Lunatone isn't in any Ranger titles lol :)

Anyway recently:

-I started playing from the middle of Shadows of Almia, at around the point where the forest is on fire. I was assigned to put out the flames but the head Ranger I guess you could say.
-I went around and I found some wild Pokemon like Shinx, I decided it's Electric Assist would be useful, since I needed to capture a Blastoise to use it's Rain Dance Field move.
-Went all around through the forest and then I encountered the little girl with the lost Happiny. I had to capture them before the fire spread and trapped them. Caught them all, no Assist needed.
-Encountered Blastoise and used the Electric Assist to capture it fast, but it didn't last long since Shinx is weak. Blastoise's attack hit the styler. It lost some HP value but I managed to nab it.
-Put out the fire and completed the mission. This Ranger game is harder than the first :/

TR4eva
1st February 2010, 4:55 PM
I bought Shadows of Almia yesterday, so far I'm in Pueltown and I'm chasing the shady men who fled from the town after saving Melody and Brook. It's quite easy at the moment...

Lorde
2nd March 2010, 6:17 PM
Lately I've been completing Quests in Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia just to pass the time and to finish the game. Some of the missions are essential to getting a full complete Browser which is the Ranger-version of a PokeDex. I did the Celebi Quest which I think is the final one in order to get it's data and obtain the last upgrade card. The problem with the mission is that once you arrive at the scene of Celebi's hideout, it starts flying around at high speed so capture is almost impossible.

I had to capture a Doduo, which exist somewhere outside of the forest island so I had to capture a Floatzel first, then Surf to the main forest, get out, and capture a Doduo in the outskirts of the forest near the town. Then I captured a Fire assist Pokemon to help me with Celebi. Once I caught another Floatzel to utilize Surf, I finally made it back to the area with Celebi. Even using Doduo, it was tough since Celebi is really fast and you have to avoid those other pesky Pokemon like Pikachu and Floatzel and even Forretress.

Finally caught up to Celebi after about 5 minutes of chasing it down and I entered the capture scene and I used the assist and with that and my quick hand movements I was able to capture it! Then we returned to the forest center where it healed the forest (that was damaged in a previous mission) and everyone was happy. Got my reward and finished all 60 Quests.

TR4eva
3rd March 2010, 5:40 PM
I finished the 60 Quests and the main story in Shadows of Almia after 8 and a half hours game time. The styler didn't break at all- which is good as in the first game it broke alot! I can't access the special missions in either of the games, can someone help me, do I need Wi-Fi because I don't have it.

Lorde
3rd March 2010, 8:31 PM
I finished the 60 Quests and the main story in Shadows of Almia after 8 and a half hours game time. The styler didn't break at all- which is good as in the first game it broke alot! I can't access the special missions in either of the games, can someone help me, do I need Wi-Fi because I don't have it.

Congrats on finishing those up! Yeah you need Wi-Fi for all 6 missions to activate sorry :(

Anyway, since I basically completed the Browser with the main Pokemon, I decided to give Regigigas a try and challenge it. I've challenged it before a few times, the first time was the worst since the styler broke and I had to start over. I had to go to Almia Castle to get Regice, then to a cave to get both Regirock ad Registeel. To be honest, I found that capturing those three was the hardest part lol.

Once I had them all, I had to prioritize. I had three Pokemon, I needed a Staraptor, and I wanted to have some empty slots for some Fighting assist Pokemon. Their ability to double the amount of loops used it priceless when capturing a beast like Regigigas. Once I got to the Hippowdown Ruins, I had to navigate through that maze. The hardest part for me used to be the part were the sand balls racing across the screen but I know how to handle those and the levitating floor titles.

The hard part is usually the room with the slide titles since it looks confusing but once I finished that I got to Regigigas' chamber and I was able to confront it once again. It's very huge so I had to start drawing loops all around it's body while also making sure not to hit those massive shockwaves it makes. It's almost impossible to charge the styler to the rainbow setting but I managed to capture it anyway, earning me tons of points! I exited and Saved.

TR4eva
4th March 2010, 3:55 PM
Thank you! :)

I only have 2 more Pokemon to find and then the browser will be finished. Time to start looking...

Lorde
6th March 2010, 10:17 AM
Ok I bought the new Ranger game, Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light and I started playing it. It started off with an action sequence involving Latios being chased then me and a girl Ranger trying to stop the nappers. Then they shot at the girl and I block them, causing me to fall into the sea where a Mantyke takes my Styler. I then chased it through a thin space of water while dodging it's bubbles which slowed me down upon contact.

I finally managed to understand how I was supposed to catch up to it when I finally obtained my Styler back. I wake up on a deserted island, right after there was a short sequence where the Pokemon Nappers were stealin the island's Pokemon save for Ukulele Pichu who got away. I then met the Pichu and then an Old man and I walk through the jungle to find a small boat on the other side. I caught some Pokemon along the way like Mareep, Teddiursa, and Ursaring. We found the boat but we needed Ursaring to push it into the sea.

Once we climb on board, the Ukulele Pichu jumped on too, wanting to save it's friends no doubt. We arrived in another island and there was some more text. I finally got to meet the other villagers and I was given a mission to stop some Nappers on that island. I went through a forest and got to the cave where I was confronted by two Nappers and their captured Buizel and Croagunk. The capture was pretty quick, earning me some experience points per se. I got inside the cave, and saved just because I was tired.

kawaii serebii
15th March 2010, 10:06 AM
I finished the main storyline a couple of weeks ago and completed all the Quests last week. Completed my browser and just finished the Lugia mission =D

Lorde
15th March 2010, 11:14 AM
Well thanks to some help, I've recently managed to register all 300 Pokemon in my browser, that includes Lucario from the last Quest. I had some troubles with Camerupt since I couldn't find it but I managed to find it on that ledge on one of the islands in Oblivia. I wanted to finish the game so I went ahead and decided to take on the final mission in Ranger 3. I went to the Ranger base and talked to everyone (for some reason some Nappers were there despite them being bad guys and headed to the sea where I was supposed to encounter several Nappers.

I dived in and decided to prepare for the final confrontation with the Pokemon there. I captured some Lumineon and various other Pokemon so I could use there assists, but there's such a lack of variety, it's annoying. I went to a cave but the current was unusually strong, even for this part of the sea. Went along and met a Napper, I believe he fled but I did fight one of them at some point after that, he used some aquatic Pokemon like Kingdra I think. Then I proceeded to chase one that got away from me. We did one of those chase things where you have to chase the guy through the tunnel.

The chase was HARD. I had to shut off the game the first time since I had been hit by the Napper's orbs and beams. The second time around, I got hit a few times but I managed to stop him in the end. He fled and then I entered another sea cave and I found that Napper woman with the blue outfit (forget her name). She was stuck under a rock. I helped her, and I followed her to the surface, but the legendary Pokemon followed us out (Lugia). It met us near the boat and I commenced the capture. It was hard, since it sends whirlpools around and it spins and stuff. I had neutral assists so that was worse. Managed to get it, but it was harder than getting Regigigas in Shadows of Almia lol.

Illusione-Tempus
16th March 2010, 9:47 AM
Managed to get it, but it was harder than getting Regigigas in Shadows of Almia lol.

I stand corrected... Lugia was easier than Regigigas in SoA... or maybe it's just because the ToL Regigigas at the air fortress sets off larger shockwaves when it got mad. Or maybe it's just me =/

Oh well, since I never bothered to post everything I've done, I'll be posting what I last did! :D

- Dealt with Tyranitar from the past, it was hard, but not as soon as I discovered the extra clocks at the Graveler's locations
- Caught Ambipom in an S Rank capture
- Went through the Ice Temple

And now... I''m struggling with Abomasnow ._.

Lorde
16th March 2010, 10:17 AM
Regigigas in ToL is harder to catch, because it's shockwaves are slightly bigger, which is a real pain in the neck.

Anyway, now that I captured all the Pokemon available in the game without an event, I decided I wanted to caputre all the Boss Pokemon with a rank of S. So I went to that island where most are enountered and I decided to challenge Lapras first. I got it with an A rank the first time, but this time I charged up the styler so that it was on the rainbow setting and I managed to capture it easily and get a S rank on the browser page. I went through the island finding various Pokemon and I encountered some of the Johto Bosses.

Typhlosion was difficult because I made a lot of mistakes. I wasn't able to judge when it would attack since the volume was off so that made things awful. I restarted and barely managed to get it with the desired ranking. I tried capturing Feraligatr next but it already had an S rank lol. Mamoswine was close by so I went for it. When I caught it the first time, it severely reduced my styler's power so the best I managed to get was an A rank. I tried it this time and I had Pichu soothe it with music first to make it easier to capture.

The giant Crobat was a real problem though. It's so large and it's range of attack it wide. I had to use Fire and Water assists, though the fire assist was useless since it didn't reach far enough. I had to resort to Pichu again, which did make things easier but I really wanted to capture those Bosses without Pichu's musical assist. I finally got the S rank and I challenged Celebi but I couldn't get an S rank even after 3 tries. I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, the only reason I wanted to challenge them was to see the battle screenshot.

Ledyba
16th March 2010, 2:30 PM
I have ToL now. Its awesome. =)

Yesterday I captured Raikou. It was pretty hard because he was 'angry' so his HP goes awfully slow down. (sorry for bad spelling) Now I can ride on him and thats cool. So yeah, I ran to the bridge and used Raikou's jumps. I came across a windmill city that looked fun. There was a magician or something. Now im at the old mansion. There are flying dishes! =)

(again sorry for the bad spelling, im from the netherlands so english is not my first language)

Lorde
17th March 2010, 6:13 AM
Ok well to continue on my quest to obtain the best rank on captures (the S rank) I continued through the island with the boss Pokemon and challenged the remaining ones. There were only a few with A ranks, and that included Yanmega and Scyther. Funny thing, I noticed that if you capture Pokemon with the charged stlyer, their ranking almost always registers as S. I just found out, I could've used the time more wisely in the past. I confronted Latios and Ditto last. Both are the hardest to capture in my opinion, even with a multitude of assists at your disposal.

Latios was hard because it started zooming around the screen so the loops didn't make contact. In the air the first time, the line didn't break but on land it's a serious problem. Then it started firing it's light balls then it combined it's zooming with balls of light! It was hard to evade them and charge the styler. I had to otherwise I wouldn't have gotten an S rank. I used Pichu's assist when Latios got made. It reduced it's HP bar and paralyzed it for a few seconds. However, it was half way through the screen so I couldn't capture it in the loops. Kind of a waste of an assist too.

After I managed to nab it with the right ranking score, I went up then south to Ditto's little patch of land. I met it and challenged it. Too be honest, it was the worst Pokemon to capture the first time around since it transforms into the Beasts every 30 seconds or so. I had problems with Raikou and Entei since they have a wide range of attack. I used Metagross's assist on Entei, but Entei turned around and blasted fire through half of the screen, scaring Metagross off. Suicune, it's last transformation was a harder one. It's ice pillars and water fountains made it really hard, only Pichu managed to reach it. Finally got the S ranks on all the Bosses!

benny_1999
19th March 2010, 11:16 PM
I've now got my browser full and i captured Lugia. I did 26hours for it.

Lol, is that much or not?

Ledyba
20th March 2010, 10:59 AM
Defeated Mewtwo yesterday, its not that hard but very annoying with his energy balls and rotating beams. Also defeated the 3 birds, only Articuno was easy because the other 2 are so fast!

Lorde
21st March 2010, 1:02 AM
Ok I downloaded the Heatran and Shaymin missions via Wi-Fi but I'v been neglecting to update on them. Long story short, they're super easy which is upsetting. I wanted a real challenge but I was very disappointed. I did the Heatran one first. It involved Heatran on the volcanic island. I forget what it's called though. Anyway I arrive with Murph and we stopped it on the island though it just casually walked away as if everything was cool. I decided to pursue it but first I decided to collect some "insurance". I did that by capturing Pokemon with strong assists to help me with the mission.

Donphan and Weezing were nearby so both came in handy. And there were Pikachu running around for some reason so I captured one to recharge by styler just incase it got lowered down by Heatran. Saw Heatran again, it went deep into the island. Following it and captured a Shelgon along the way since it's Dragon Assist has a great range and Heatran could have been a problem. Meet Heatran and challenged it. It wasn't hard, except that it made giant pools of lava that I had to avoid. Pichu's assist came in handy moreso than the others. Captured it with an S rank!! Sent it to SoulSilver too :)

kim12
21st March 2010, 11:18 PM
I just beat the Heatran quest, but I am disappointed that there's only quiet nature... I hope Shaymin is not single natured as well...

Lorde
23rd March 2010, 1:33 AM
Did the Shaymin mission next, I hadn't wanted to try it out, I was saving it for a "rainy day" lol. Basically I wanted to play it later on so that I could have something to look forward to. I don't know if you can play the mission again. It started with one of the girl character's getting scared when she heard something following her. Then it turned out to be a Shaymin. I had to follow the Shaymin into the jungle area but it was hidden to look like a flower. I had to capture some Pokemon for their Assists then I checked each flower. Found it but it ran into the flower garden. Went on Suicune and captured it's Land Forme.

Then those Nappers interfered and it changed to Sky Forme. They went to the sky and so did I. I meet them up their and then they turned on me as usual; with their flying machine's laser beams. I had a lot of trouble with them, the first round of attacks were avoidable but as the attack continued, I got hit and received heavy damage. Finally I beat them and Shaymin Sky Forme attacked me. It was fairly easy to capture it, even easier than the Land Forme. I caught it and the mission was resolved. I was able to send it to a game of my choice. I chose Soul Silver :)

kawaii serebii
5th April 2010, 9:51 AM
Just upped all my captures to S rank except Ambipom. The past missions are a killer without 2 players x.x

Lorde
6th April 2010, 3:50 AM
Recently started replaying the old Ranger game (The original). The storyline is bland in my opinion compared to the other Ranger titles but I decided I wanted to complete the Browser. It was a used copy so I started out in Summerland and I had to get the missing part for the submarine-machine that takes you north to Wintown and the cave before it. I had to capture a Gyarados and some Magikarp before I got the missing piece of the submarine. I used no my partner's assist and it went off without a hitch! Finished the mission and they fixed the submarine and I got to ride it to the Panula Cave.

Met up with Chris and then I explored to cave capturing several new Pokemon to reach the goal of completing the Browser. At about half way through I had to awaken the sleeping Steelix that was on the way and soon after I had to engage it in battle once more (I've done so before). It really is a beast to capture, almost as hard as Rayquaza. Fighting Asisst really helped me this time and I captured it after some clever thinking and fast movements. I met up with Elita in Wintown and she explained some things. I decided I wanted to take a break before the next mission so I saved.

serebiifreak
13th October 2010, 12:32 AM
Beat the game. =D yeah!

Trying to S rank everything, the only problem is I can't S rank a Tyranitar and Ambipom, since I have to complete the missions in the past to unlock the doors. =/
Even worse I am only at the Fire Temple. >.<

R_N
15th October 2010, 5:08 AM
I beat the game the other day, completed the remaining side quests today as well as capturing all the Pokemon. I also S ranked all the non-past-door Pokemon. Sadly I need to get to unlock those doors if I want to get the final upgrade for my styler (the final health upgrade). I was really hoping that I would get a point bonus for getting all the Pokemon. Tieing the point bonus to the unrelated mission is kind of mean.

Fun fact: If you complete all the missions, all the quests, and S rank all the Pokemon you will have one (1) Ranger Point left over.

Also, despite no doubt being the hardest boss Pokemon I faced, I somehow S ranked Ditto my first time against it despite the amount of damage and time and "failed" assists. The game can be kind of weird, sometimes; I managed to at least A rank most every non-boss pre-charger and managed to S rank most of the bosses (only Raikou, Latios, Scizor, & Yanmega needed to be refought for me. Even Lugia took only the first try.) first go. But then I didn't S rank Pichu (it was a B every time I fought one previously) until the post-game quest. Baffling!

I quite enjoyed this game. The opening was a bit slow, and I hated the avalanche portions of that one mountain, but overall pretty great. Everything about it was nice.

Oh! Right. I'm doing past missions now for those doors. It's fun but...well I wish it would scale down depending on the amount of players. I'm the only one I know with the game...I can tell this will get overly hard in a hurry. It's kind of a kick in the face that your Present Styler bonuses don't care over, but I guess it makes sense balance-wise. As annoying as it is.

Illusione-Tempus
22nd October 2010, 6:50 AM
I've now got my browser full and i captured Lugia. I did 26hours for it.

Lol, is that much or not?

Er, no. I defeated the game up until Lugia, get all the Pokemon at rank S captures (except Ambipom) and fully upgraded my Styler in 24 hours.

Ain't that much or not? 8D

Fun fact: If you complete all the missions, all the quests, and S rank all the Pokemon you will have one (1) Ranger Point left over.

I know. The game gives you quests which gives you points ending in 0s or 5s. And 301 Pokemon makes it that if you managed to rank S all of them you'll still keep an extra point.

I quite enjoyed this game. The opening was a bit slow, and I hated the avalanche portions of that one mountain, but overall pretty great. Everything about it was nice.

I agree with you too. And yes, the avalanche part of Mt Sorbelos is annoying.

Comments in bold.

Anyway, I spend the past few days at Guardian Signs. Defeated almost everything except the past missions. Just defeated the Forest Temple... I wonder if I could reach the spot I was at my Japanese version in my English version alone, since I managed to get there alone. At least my styler's fully upgraded, I'll just need to finish the Fire Temple for a S Rank browser. Wonder what'll happen if I finish it.

EDIT: Just finished the Fire Temple. My S Rank browser is complete in 26:05 playtime... Erm... where to go now?

Lorde
22nd October 2010, 11:46 AM
I've been playing the old Ranger game again, simply because I got back into the Ranger games, but didn't want to buy Guardian Signs since I have the Japanese version. Anyway, I had imported a used Japanese Ranger 1 game that came with the Manaphy mission unlocked, but never played so I picked that up and played the mission to pass the time. I started out chasing the Go-Rock Squad around the Lyra Forest after they jumped Professor Hastings and took his Manaphy Egg. The mission itself was easy, I just forgot how to navigate on the old Ranger games since I was a bit rusty haha. Captured the necessary Pokemon and got the Manaphy Egg back from those terrible Go-Rock Squad guys and ended the mission. When I started the game over and went to the Ranger Net menu, I found the Manaphy Egg sitting there waiting to be transferred. I think I'll transfer it to Diamond, then hatch it, then Poke-shift Manaphy to White version :)

R_N
23rd October 2010, 9:36 PM
Ugh, I don't think I could ever go back to the original Ranger. The feelings bar and various misc changes were for the best of the series and the original Ranger's gameplay could be a lesson in annoyance and frustration.

Illusione-Tempus
24th October 2010, 6:04 AM
Ugh, I don't think I could ever go back to the original Ranger. The feelings bar and various misc changes were for the best of the series and the original Ranger's gameplay could be a lesson in annoyance and frustration.

I agree with you, the original is annoying and frustrating. And somehow, I actually wondered how I beat the whole storyline of that game... Salamance was a pain with 22 loops to finish the capture and I can't loop that fast 2 years ago... Charizard was really hard because of the flames it summoned. Steelix was just... brutal with the body damage. Rayquaza... I feel like I can't even finish the capture without getting my Styler down to gray bars (I think)...

Anyway, I managed to get Drapion's slate after a lot of tries at the temple... Don't think about how annoyed I was since I hate Totodiles and they keep on appearing in front of my screen whenever I ranked-S that mission... Oh, and Sandslash's slate to boot.

Lorde
24th October 2010, 10:02 AM
Just recently decided to play through some of the other missions on Ranger 1. I used the English version though, since the Japanese version only had the Manaphy Mission at this point. I played the Mew Mission first, since it's always been the hardest for me to beat for some reason. I started out in the Ranger Base, had to go to the Olive Jungle, and then saw Mew floating around and I had to chase it, without scaring it since it would just float away when startled. Great. Captured some Pokemon like Beautifly, Manectric, Ariados, and Spinarak and then went north towards the ruins to capture a Shedinja since they make capturing Mew easier. Finally captured one then sort of ran around looking for Mew. Got lucky and got to it without scaring it off and proceeded to capture it with a Ghost Assist. It barely worked but I was able to end that mission without too much difficulty. Too bad we don't get to keep the Mew ;_;

Serebii
4th November 2010, 2:43 PM
For those interested, an official magazine review of Ranger 3; http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21177

Epwna is a Sceptile
9th November 2010, 11:57 PM
You know, I just got Guardian Signs, and I have to say, wow. I love all the gamplay. Flying and chases are amazing. And the water graphics are the pure essence of win. The water is the second best graphics I have ever seen! No joke. All the backround images are really well done, also.

Lorde
10th November 2010, 1:25 AM
I decided to play the Celebi mission in my old Ranger 1 game since I had nothing else to do to pass the time. I started the mission and had to drag Murph from the Ranger Base with me to stop Team Go-Rock from taking the Celebi in Lyra Forest after they went ahead and woke it up. I had to navigate through the forest and I had to capture Pokemon like Pinsir to break a few fences that were in the way. I captured all the other Pokemon that were in the way and cornered Celebi but it flew off somewhere. I had to carefully approach it from behind and I finally managed to challenge it. It was pretty easy to capture it since it doesn't take too many loops and then the mission ended with me and Murph having saved the Celebi. Pretty standard stuff and a nice way to kill 5 minutes.

Aquarelle
16th March 2011, 7:12 AM
Woah, nobody's been here for a long time. O__o

Well, I got Guardian Signs for Christmas. I played through most of the game in about a week, saving last right outside the door to the final battle with Mewtwo.

I had planned to beat Mewtwo soon after, but I kinda forgot about the game, so I've been saved at the last boss for nearly two months. I decided to finally pick up the game again today. Catching Mewtwo for the first time wasn't too bad, especially when he wasn't surrounded by anything. The second time, though, it was much more difficult because of that...cloud thing that surrounded him. I ended up taking a lot of damage from that, since it's really hard for me to circle Pokemon using really large loops. I did eventually catch him, and got an S rank on it both times.

After that, I watched the credits and started up again. I cleared a couple of missions, then tracked down the legendary birds in the sky. I think I'll catch them soon, if I feel like it.

Angeltripper
27th June 2011, 2:09 AM
just bought gaurdian signs today :D. already at the part with moltres

Aquarelle
1st July 2011, 4:00 AM
I caught the three legendary birds, making sure to get S rank on all of them. I didn't find them to be that difficult to catch, probably because I came armed with a whole bunch of Pokemon with good assists. After that, I completed all of the remaining quests. Now, I'm working on getting S ranks on all the Pokeon in the game. The only ones I don't have an S on are the ones you find in the present only after doing missions in the past. So, I have been trying out the past missions. If I recall correctly, I finished the Forest Temple. I will do the other temples some time, but I'm not really looking forward to it since I have to do them all by myself.

Accelgor
3rd July 2011, 11:15 PM
I was in the fire temple doing the mission A Scorching Shower Of Flames. I was looking about for magbies but I accidently captured a Charmander. Luckily, I got its slate. After more wondering, I found a Flareon. Like Charmander, I got its slate. Once I captured all of the Magbies, I went to proceed to capture Magmortar. It was easy however it damaged my styler a couple of times with its fire attack (The one that shoots out multiple flames). For capturing the Magmortar, I obtained Magbie's slate.

Angeltripper
4th July 2011, 10:49 AM
Just beat lugia. It was eisier then most bosses though...got S rank on the 3 birds, lugia, ho-oh, ditto and crobat. and i got to the start of the ice temple. I just need a helper though against weavile's speed, feraligatrs friendship loss and stupid puddles and empoleon's strength and speed

Silent Murderer
18th July 2011, 1:13 PM
just recently did the deoxys mission, but i didnt get to keep any but its ok because i helped a friend get a normal and speed form deoxys :) i also needed his help with that stupid weavile! also managed to capture feraligatr and empoleon on my own but that abomasnow is something else

Lorde
26th July 2011, 3:19 AM
I recently bought a Japanese Pokemon Ranger (1) game, and I spent a few minutes playing through the special missions that it had. I played through the Deoxys mission, which I had completed at least 20 times in my English copy, so it was easy to get through it. I simply wandered around the cave where Deoxys was hiding, and I captured as many Pokemon as possible. I managed to snag a Poliwag which I then used when I found Deoxys at the end of the cave. Using its Water Assist, I managed to trap Deoxys's Speed Form inside a bubble, and then I was able to use Machop's Fighting Assist to capture it once and for all. With Deoxys under control, the mission ended and I returned to the Ranger Base.

Angeltripper
26th July 2011, 8:06 AM
i just got through the ice temple a few days ago, and then i beat metagross in the thunder temple.....with only 3 seconds to spae. im l 33 now, but for the ice missions, i had a friend help. he started out as lv 5, and he hadnt beat tangrowth yet, but now hes in the 20s also at the thunder temple. i can beat the croc o my own with mightyena and sometimes poochyena, but not with prinplup, haryama or pupitar. finally, me and my friendd fail at beating deoxys.

Lorde
30th July 2011, 9:13 PM
I played through the Celebi mission on my English Pokemon Ranger game. It has always been my least favorite of the special missions, but I managed to solve all the problems at the start of the mission. I went ahead and captured some useful Pokemon as I was moving around that small section of Lyra Forest, and using Pinsir's cut ability, I cut down a fence that was in my way, and I got to Celebi. Sadly, it flew away, but I went after it and I eventually cornered it. I went ahead and used a Fire Assist, and I was able to capture Celebi. With that done, Celebi was freed and the special mission ended. I went back to the Ranger Base, and I shut off the game.

Angeltripper
30th July 2011, 9:22 PM
yay, i finally beat lucario.....twice. and metagross is A rank now with 3:31 minutes to spare! im almost lv 39, and i finally got magmortar......but i still need help with the magnazone mission as im not strong enough for bronzong or claydol

Anyone 4 Buttons?
1st August 2011, 6:59 PM
After going away from the game for a while because of B&W and OoT, I've finally beaten Mewtwo (twice) in Guardian Signs!

Angeltripper
2nd August 2011, 3:20 AM
yay! i maxed out magmortar and beat magnazone in 3 trys. after i easily beat electivire in 2 trys, and vespiquen in 1. but with gliscor and salamence, i got a froslass for them :P

Lorde
5th August 2011, 12:35 AM
I thought I'd start my Japanese Pokemon Ranger game over again since I had already finished with everything on there. I started out in the port, and then I walked into a building there where I talked to the receptionist. I then headed outside again, and I went north towards the fountain. I saw Minun being chased by Houndoom, and with Spenser's help, the wild Houndoom was captured and then I was allowed to capture Minun, although it left shortly after I captured it. Spenser's Fearow then arrived to take us to Ring Town, and Minun came with us. We stepped into the Ranger Base, and after taking care of things, it was time for my first mission inside Lyra Forest.

Angeltripper
5th August 2011, 12:38 AM
yay i finally beat salamence with abomasnow and gliscor with magmortar. only thing is now, when i make it to dusknoir, i only have about 20 seconds left. i need a partner for those clocks.....but regardless, dusknoir was really hard to circle. im also getting a lucario stronger for my battle with arceus :3

Lorde
7th August 2011, 5:52 PM
I departed to Lyra Forest to start my first Ranger mission, although it was more of a practice mission than anything else. I was told the essentials of being a Pokemon Ranger, and then I was allowed to roam around the first part of the forest while capturing Pokemon like Zigzagoon and Chikorita. I eventually finished that part, but then one of the trees there was on fire, so I was told to capture a Mudkip to put out the flames. I did that, and then the practice mission ended and I returned to the Ranger Base in Ring Town. I settled some more stuff there, and then I saved before going back into Lyra Forest for the next part of the game.

Miss_Pocket_Monster
23rd August 2011, 3:50 PM
Just got Guardian Signs the other day and I must say, it's a very fun game! The Celebi Mission was pretty easy. Right now, I've just finished the underwater one where you capture Lapras and go down where all the Sharpedo are. I kinda wish I'd gotten this game earlier, as it's an interesting departure from other Pokemon side games I've played. ;172;

Lorde
23rd August 2011, 6:57 PM
I played through the special Dialga mission on my Japanese Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia game. I arrived at Almia Castle, and I wandered around, trying to capture Pokemon that would make the mission a lot easier. I practically combed every area of the castle that I could reach, then I headed into the larger room at the end of the castle. I encountered Dialga there, and then I had to capture it in order to soothe its rage. I had a hard time against Dialga, seeing as how it kept sending energy blasts that collided with my capture styler. I eventually succeeded in capturing it, and then the mission ended with Dialga returning to where it had come from. The mission ended, and I decided to play through the special Palkia mission as well. It was a lot like the Dialga mission, only harder. I turned off the game once I had captured Palkia.

Aquarelle
15th September 2011, 4:07 AM
Today on Guardian Signs, I went looking for the Pokemon that I was missing in my browser. The first was Murkrow, which I easily caught in Teakwood Forest. I then went looking for Dusknoir. I had to catch it several times, since I really wanted to get an S rank on it.

After that, I headed to Mt. Sorbet to look for Walrein and Salamence. I had a little trouble getting up the mountain because of the avalanches, but eventually I made it to the room with Walrein and caught one. I then realized that I needed some Pokemon with the fire field move to get Salamence, so I went to Faldera Volcano to catch two Magmortars and a Camerupt. I returned to the mountain and got Salamence.

Then, I went to the underwater part of the Canal Ruins. After searching around for a while, I found Phione and caught it. My browser was now fully complete except for Lugia, so I went to Rand's house to get the Lugia mission. I didn't want to do the mission yet, so instead I went to the boss island to level up my styler.

stonerocker
3rd October 2011, 9:13 PM
On Thursday my friend and I decided to beat the co-op Deoxys mission that evening. We had been leveling up our co-op guys since we had downloaded the Deoxys mission, but since we don't meet up very often and neither of us was in a rush it had taken us quite a while. But we were both level 24 and thought we were ready. After 3 hours and 15 attempts we still hadn't caught it and it was 2:30 AM so we were about to call it a night but thought we might go for one last run just in case. Managed to catch it with 8 seconds left on the clock, and each of us only one hit away from death. It was epic, and now I have a Deoxys in my Diamond game. =)

Aquarelle
7th October 2011, 6:40 AM
I decided to do the Lugia mission, and cleared it without any difficulty. So now, my browser is complete. ^_^

After that, I spent a lot of time working on the past missions. I have to do them by myself, so I've been finding them quite a challenge. So far, I've made it to the Lightning Temple. I've beaten the Lucario mission, but I always run out of time on the Metagross and Magnezone ones. I hope I can beat them eventually, because I really want to S rank every Pokemon in the Oblivia region (I think I only have Slowking left!).

Lorde
11th October 2011, 4:57 AM
I started playing Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia again. I was bored, so I decided to challenge Darkrai once more. I went to Altru Tower, and I talked to Drowsy Guy there, and he allowed me to play through the final mission again. Blake summoned Darkrai again, and I had to capture it. I tried drawing loops around it, but no matter how many I drew, Darkrai didn't want to be captured. The capture scene ended, and then my capture styler received an upgraded which would allow me to captured Darkrai. I challenged it again, and this time the loops actually worked. I eventually succeeded in taming the Darkrai, and then Blake's plan ended in failure. The credits rolled after I saved Altru Tower from Darkrai's terror.

Angeltripper
15th February 2012, 1:55 PM
I finally have achieved 3 medals, getting the S one yesterday. first I thought slowking was last, then torterra, then togepi, but finally ended in beldum. now I just need deoxys and mew (cause I missed the other events, but my friend didnt

☭Secret_Shocker☭
7th May 2012, 5:12 PM
I finally leveled my Pokemon to lvl 100. It took a heck lot of time and... I'm just too worn out.

G50
16th July 2012, 7:45 PM
For Ranger 1, Recently I've been doing the Suicune/Entei/Raikou captures over and over again.
For Ranger 2, I've replayed the whole game at least once a week, since I like it so much.
For Ranger 3, I'm still struggling with the past missions. I've finished everything but the things in the past. :(

Lorde
10th August 2012, 1:06 AM
I played through the original Ranger game last night. It was collecting dust in my closet, so I decided to try playing it again. I decided to try the Safra Sea marine challenge and capture as many Pokemon as possible. I managed to capture Horsea, a Seadra, Staryu, Remoraid, Octillery and some other random Pokemon. I didn't get a good score, but I kept trying and I eventually managed to find the elusive Psyduck. I captured it, and I got a high score. I left for Panula Cave after that. I wandered around the cavern and I captured some more Pokemon there. I saved the game at Wintown.

Schade
25th August 2012, 11:27 AM
In Ranegr 2, I have just been promoted by that old lady. My current partner is Snover, but only until I can get Machop.
The next mission for me is to help Sven in the oil field hideout

Sketchie
13th September 2012, 7:37 PM
I restarted Shadows of Almia. Time for a replay!

Lorde
17th October 2012, 7:42 AM
I played the Celebi mission on the original Ranger game this morning. As always, the mission was easier than it should have been; I wandered through Lyra Forest with that fat guy whose name I can't remember, and I captured some of the wild Pokemon in the area like Phanpy, Spinarak and Quilava. I also had to capture the ones that were under the Go-Rock Squad's control, which was easy enough. I used Pinsir to cut down one of the metal fences, and then I managed to corner Celebi after chasing it around for a bit. I managed to capture it before it could use too many of those thorny things. After that, Celebi was set free once more. The mission ended after I talked to Spenser at the Ranger Base.

Sorren&Rocko
13th February 2013, 2:25 PM
Well, this is my kind of favorite Pokemon Spin-off that my brother likes the least. I'm playing all 3 games on my 3DSXL. Just using my finger to use as a styler. Rocko and I helped out, and do multiplayer challenges. I wish there is a Wii U sequel and hopefully Jack Walker could be there. Anyway, being a Ranger is not part of my dream. It's to help a ranger save the world.

Flo
18th February 2013, 3:04 PM
I have started to play through Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

I started the game, and decided to play as a girl, for a change. I went though all the tutorial crap, and I began the first objective: To catch the Bidoof! I did all that just fine, but I only caught 4, while my rival captured 5! He rated my captures as a 65 out of 100, stupid a**hole. I proceeded to the inauguration, where I received all of the stylers. I went downstairs, and I captured the 4 Gastly. Professor Kincaid scolded me out of there, and I left. I ended there.

Progress

Browser: 6

Level: 5

Health: 17

Lorde
9th March 2013, 11:12 PM
I played through the Mew mission on Pokemon Ranger. I was asked to go to the Olive Jungle just outside of Summerland in order to investigate a report about a Mew that Percy gave. I wandered through the jungle and I captured some Pokemon that I thought would help me against Mew. I encountered Mew as I roamed the jungle, but it kept running away so I had to keep chasing after it in order to finally corner it. I eventually caught up to it and I was able to successfully capture it thanks to the Bug-type assist. It was a long process but the mission ended when I proved that Mew really did exist in the Olive Jungle and Percy was proven to have told the truth. The mission end after that.

dirkac
29th October 2013, 1:14 PM
Finally S-Ranked At Last! Arceus and the Light.

Of course, I only got a Blastoise Slate, but eh, whatever, at least I got it.

Also S-Ranked literally every Pokémon in the Present, meaning that I now have all 4 Medals.

Lorde
29th October 2013, 7:32 PM
I played my Japanese Shadows of Almia last week for about 30 minutes since I hadn't played it in years. I was at Chroma Ruins and I couldn't figure out how to get out. I caught some Drifblim and went through the holes in the ceiling in order to explore other parts of the cave, but I kept accidentally falling back down and I encountered tons of annoying Pokemon as I explored those ruins. I finally found the exit and I caught a Staraptor outside and flew to Pueltown. I wandered around there before visiting the Altru Building. I took the elevator and caught a Scizor and an Absol, then I climbed into Altru Tower and saved there after capturing a tough Gengar.