PDA

View Full Version : MD2 doesn't make sense O_O

talala
20th April 2009, 11:13 AM
ok so when palkia kidnaps you and takes you to the spacial rift he takes you to the bottom, right?

well how does everyone fall from the bottom and land on the top? O_O'

ChuklaeAquos
20th April 2009, 11:46 AM
no palkia takes you to a one side of spacial rift. you fall off that floor and land down below on antother part of spacial rift, kind of like there are two sides of spacial rift. then you venture to the top of the part you fell to. at least thats my intake of spacial rift.

mAdkip
20th April 2009, 7:27 PM
I don't know about that, but in total PMD2 does NOT make sense. Ok, so in the present (Hero and partner's world) Temporal Tower starts to collapse, but it's SAVED. So, why did the future even exist? Grovyle's world SHOULD have disappeared! Also, life cannot be formed in a world WITHOUT light! Light helps life survive! Last but not least, how did a human exist in a world where only Pokemon were supposed to live??? Doesn't make sense at all...

talala
20th April 2009, 8:39 PM
yeah, its all nonsense o_o

and in spacial rift palkia says "you return?" or something like that so we were really at the bottom at the start, and you and the partner would die if they fell like that, they wouldn't get back up =o

ChuklaeAquos
20th April 2009, 8:52 PM
well meh thats fantasy/RPG for ya

JFate
21st April 2009, 8:14 AM
I don't know about that, but in total PMD2 does NOT make sense. Ok, so in the present (Hero and partner's world) Temporal Tower starts to collapse, but it's SAVED. So, why did the future even exist? Grovyle's world SHOULD have disappeared! Also, life cannot be formed in a world WITHOUT light! Light helps life survive! Last but not least, how did a human exist in a world where only Pokemon were supposed to live??? Doesn't make sense at all...

Hmm from my interpretation, Partner's world could've been Grovyle's world in the future if you didn't save Temporal Tower. I mean Grovyle's World did disappear in the end when you fixed the Tower (Your character did fade away as Duskinoir said). But since you went back in time and saved the Tower, you created another better future and forever erasing the bad one (Well until Sky Explorers came out-need some info from that later).

Well life can't be formed without light. Did you ever notice that Grovyle's world is I dunno...a dark mess where everything seems dead? I would believe after the eternal darkness came in, life didn't stop immediately but was just slowly dying away.

Also the human thing. Well your partner seems to know what a human is so they apparently do exist in the PMD world. Working with one is just not the norm. But in Grovyle's world, with what's happened, I guess working with one was the best choice since they were running out of options.

Dentruu
21st April 2009, 10:39 AM
Jfate's opinion seems believable, I think their right.

Still though, it DOESN'T make sense :P

minredd
21st April 2009, 7:50 PM
Because we all know Pokemon always makes total sense!

C'mon guys, it's a game ^^ Have fun with the story. We could argue endlessly about how Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and even Animal Crossing don't make sense. In general, it made sense, even with a few plot holes.

talala
21st April 2009, 10:24 PM
arguing endlessly over the internet is always fun, but i use youtube for that lol

Raikou_fan
22nd April 2009, 2:52 AM
You're in the spacial rift, so I guess space is all distorted. Of course you'de start at the bottom and fall up. =]

talala
22nd April 2009, 3:36 AM
maybe! O_O

blob
22nd April 2009, 3:20 PM

Well, I think that the human from PMD1 Turned back into a human after time/space stopped in their present, then when the human went though time with Grovyle, they went to an alternated past, where some characters from PMD1 are guild members (note that none of them remember a human turning into a Pokémon before) of Wigglytuffs Guild (also notice that the place where the guild is, is the same place where your house would be in PMD1).

So I'm assuming that the whole "Meteorite" thing was stopped by Various Pokémon and probably Wigglytuff and such in PMD2s continuity.

Also, I think that Gengar got turned into Dusknoir.

talala
22nd April 2009, 3:28 PM
or gengar was also a human and isn't dusknoir >.>

Yuppirox
23rd April 2009, 9:12 AM
PMD games don't make as much sense as other Pokemon games.(ok, maybe not ALL). Also, the fact that the ONLY human ever mentioned in the game, came from the future is pretty messed up. (exactly how old is the human race? Yeah, history people.xD) The Pokemon Universe is almost always messed up. It's a game, deal with it.

Neural777
23rd April 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, I noticed at the beginning, the human, transformed into a Pokemon (may I remind you :P), didn't freak out seeing a talking Pokemon. Yet in the guide you get for reserving the game, the comic shows the Chimchar surprised about a talking Turtwig. Plus, in the anime, a Piplup was shocked at hearing the Chimchar (not the one from the comic) talk. Guess Nintendo left that out in the game (especially PMD3! O_o).

blob
23rd April 2009, 3:30 PM
Well, I noticed at the beginning, the human, transformed into a Pokemon (may I remind you :P), didn't freak out seeing a talking Pokemon. Yet in the guide you get for reserving the game, the comic shows the Chimchar surprised about a talking Turtwig. Plus, in the anime, a Piplup was shocked at hearing the Chimchar (not the one from the comic) talk. Guess Nintendo left that out in the game (especially PMD3! O_o).

The Animé and Comics messed up because in the future all Pokémon can talk, anyway, the main Charater in PMD1 is the same one as PMD2, but with a different partner.

I was kidding about the Gengar thing.

talala
23rd April 2009, 8:47 PM
PMD games don't make as much sense as other Pokemon games.(ok, maybe not ALL). Also, the fact that the ONLY human ever mentioned in the game, came from the future is pretty messed up. (exactly how old is the human race? Yeah, history people.xD) The Pokemon Universe is almost always messed up. It's a game, deal with it.

no.

I was kidding about the Gengar thing.

sure >_>

serebiifreak
23rd April 2009, 11:19 PM
At the beginning it was just a black screen saying Hang on blah blah blah.
But that was when you were still a human.
It was you (still a human)
And Grovyle who was talking to you apparently in English.

Pokemon can't talk to a Human with English.

talala
23rd April 2009, 11:23 PM
At the beginning it was just a black screen saying Hang on blah blah blah.
But that was when you were still a human.
It was you (still a human)
And Grovyle who was talking to you apparently in English.

Pokemon can't talk to a Human with English.

thats why its from the "future"

thats one of the few things that make sense

JFate
24th April 2009, 7:04 AM
^Or well maybe because you could be a special human and can talk to Pokemon since you already have something like the Dimensional Scream.

Or well then again it's not exactly our earth they're on so maybe some of our natural laws just don't apply.

talala
24th April 2009, 12:32 PM
that makes the games make very little sense instead of none >.>

mAdkip
24th April 2009, 2:58 PM
Don't know, but I think PMD1 made MUCH more sense..

minredd
24th April 2009, 6:51 PM
But IMO PMD2's story was better, even if it made less sense.

talala
24th April 2009, 8:45 PM
the stories that make less sense are better @_@...

JFate
26th April 2009, 11:03 AM
^I kinda object. If they made less sense, I'd be confused and annoyed rather than be actually amazed.

talala
26th April 2009, 7:45 PM
^I kinda object. If they made less sense, I'd be confused and annoyed rather than be actually amazed.

did you like pmd1 or 2 story better?

mAdkip
26th April 2009, 8:08 PM
Well, true that PMD2 story was much BETTER and much LONGER, however, PMD1 made more sense. Plus, it didn't take the thing too far

talala
26th April 2009, 10:24 PM
and md2 didn't force you into like 10 dungeons in a row without a break except for the saves

Alloute
26th April 2009, 10:33 PM
I liked PM2, PM1 was kinda boring and basic.

It isn't supposed to make sense, it's all fantasy and that made the story better.

Mankanshoku Mako
27th April 2009, 1:18 AM
You're in the spacial rift, so I guess space is all distorted. Of course you'de start at the bottom and fall up. =]

Exactly. spacial rift has space all screwed up like the Distortion world in platinum.

talala
27th April 2009, 1:21 AM
Exactly. spacial rift has space all screwed up like the Distortion world in platinum.

its nothing like platinum, you can't walk on walls, theres no waterfall, and theres no giratina azelf uxie or mespirit and no humans