PDA

View Full Version : The Official Serebii Yu-Gi-Oh Fan Club

storymasterb
30th April 2009, 12:48 AM
The Official Serebii.Net Yu-Gi-Oh Fan Club
Welcome all, to the Serebii.Net Yu-Gi-Oh Fan Club. This club covers all aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh, Anime, Manga, Video Games, TCG, OCG; everything Yu-Gi-Oh related is covered here.

Now for an explanation of Yu-Gi-Oh itself. Yu-Gi-Oh started as a manga series created by Kazuki Takahashi. Oddly, it was never intended to focus on a card game, but instead encompassed many different games. However, thanks to the public attention, Takahashi expanded on the card game (originally known as Magic and Wizards) to create the card game of Yu-Gi-Oh as it is known today.

Following this focus on the card game, the manga became a new series known as Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters, which introduced the card game as a central element. From there, Toei Animation also released an anime series, known as the Yu-Gi-Oh First Series anime. The First Series was never English dubbed. However, Toei also created the Second Series anime, which took Yu-Gi-Oh worldwide. Following this, the fictional card game was made into a real game, which is now played worldwide.

More volumes of manga and two spin-off anime series were also created, Yu-Gi-Oh R and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters GX for the manga, Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Yu-Gi-Oh 5Dís for the anime. Currently, the second series anime has been completely dubbed, all but the last series of GX is dubbed and both the original and dubbed versions of 5Dís are incomplete. The original manga has been released and dubbed, Yu-Gi-Oh R is due for American release sometime this year and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters GX is being dubbed.

Now, onto the rules.

1: Obey all regular Forum rules. These can be located here.
2: No bashing of subjects outside the clubís focus. So, you are free to bash 4Kidís work on the Yu-Gi-Oh TV series, but you cannot bash the companyís work on other TV shows.
3: Obey the joining form to the letter. Itís a simple form.
4: My word is law within this club. Arguing with me will make things a lot worse for you.
5: Do not pester me over promotions. I will promote those I see worthy of it, not everyone who pesters me.
6: Enjoy yourselves!

The Joining Form:
(All subjects marked with a * must be filled in.)

Why do you like Yu-Gi-Oh? How did you get into it?* (this MUST be at least three lines)
What is your favorite card?*
What aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh donít you like?* (Three lines, please)
Which Anime/Manga/Video Game character do you claim? (This is my claims system. You can claim one character, and Duel Spirits count.)
What is your Signature Card? (This is essentially a card claim. Once something is claimed, no one else can have it.)

Promotions:
There are many different ranks within this club, and the higher your rank, the more powers you have. The highest ranks will only be filled by those I choose because of their dedication and maturity. You get ranks within the club per posts made within the club, not your total post count.
The ranks:
King of Games: Club Owner (me)
Legendary Duelist: (Three available. Essentially moderators of the club.)
Regional Champion: (A step lower from mods, this rank is the lowest of Ďmy choice onlyí positions.)
Master Duelist: (200 Posts)
Expert Duelist: (150 Posts)
Pro League Player: (100 Posts)
Skilled Duelist: (75 Posts)
Speed Duelist: (50 Posts)
Rank Riser: (25 Posts)
Beginner: (0 Posts)

My join sheet:
This is an example and an example alone. You cannot use this example, only base yours upon it.

Why do you like Yu-Gi-Oh? How did you get into it? I suppose I like Yu-Gi-Oh because of its diversity. There are so many cards; I even have about seven or eight decks I use, all with distinct strategies and monsters. I got into it from watching the second series anime; because I liked the characters so much and was gripped by the duels, especially when they used monsters like the Egyptian Gods (I still get goosebumps when I hear that God summoning music). Then GX gripped me more and 5Dís recently pushed me right into the soul of Yu-Gi-Oh.
What is your favorite card? This is very hard for me, as I like a lot of cards and it is hard to pick just one. However, after a lot of thought it would come down to Stardust Dragon or Savior Star Dragon, leaning towards the latter.
What aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh donít you like? Iíd have to say the idiots like Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor in the anime, who hang around and never do much. As for real life, the idiots who push cards like Dark Armed Dragon up to eighty quid because the decks work so well. I donít find it fair that people who spend that much on one card become so good. I do well enough with a deck that costs something around twelve pounds. As for video games, Seto Kaiba in Stairway to the Destined Duel, because he just. Wonít. Lose. Damn. It!
Which anime/manga/video game character do you claim? I have to claim Yusei Fudo, from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Dís. He is an epic protagonist, with epic Synchro Monsters and amazing background.
What is your Signature Card? Itís a real struggle, but I claim Savior Star Dragon as my Signature Card.

As for ideas, I have some ideas for a card designing contest.

Fan Fiction:
Itís a kind of tradition for me to do a Fan Fic for my clubs, and this is no exception. I have a joining form for the Fan Fiction, and you must already be a club member to apply for the Fan Fiction. This Fan Fic will be set within the 5Dís timeline, so Synchro Monsters exist, as do Turbo Duels and Duel Runners.

Character:
Name: (just use a realistic name.)
Place of Origin: (Do a town/city and a country. If your character comes from an existing place within Yu-Gi-Oh (Domino City, New Domino City, Satellite) then count the three mentioned as in Japan, as that fits best.)
Appearance: (This must be four lines or more. Sorry, but Iím a detail freak, and I spend too much time in RPGs.)
Personality: (Also four lines.)

Deck/s: (If you want your character to Turbo Duel, youíll need a Turbo Deck. My character has a Ground and Turbo deck. Turbo Decks are pretty much the same, but use Speed Spells instead of regular spells. Hereís a link to explain it all (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Turbo_Duel), and the link for Speed Spells (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Spells).)
Theme: (The theme is just something general. If you want to give me a proper decklist instead, then PM it to me as decklists tend to be very long. An example of a theme would be ĎVolcanic Burn.í Basically, just sum up Archetypes or key cards and general strategy.)
Key Card: (The ace card of the deck. While these tend to be monsters, they can be Spells and Traps if you want.)
Strategy: (How does this deck win a duel? Write it here.)

And now, my character:

Name: Kamon Asaji
Place of Origin: (Tops, New Domino City, Japan)

Appearance: Kamon is a tall, scruffy haired boy with a constantly turned up collar. He wears a dark red swallowtail jacket over a blue T-shirt with a green comet symbol on the front. He also wears dark grey jeans with frayed ankles and torn knees, a pair of old worn grey hiking boots and a black baseball cap with an outline of a Stardust Dragon on it. His hair is always messy, so it falls over his forehead and ears in a tangled web of bangs, normally seeming black due to the shadow of his cap, but the hair is actually dark brown. His eyes have something intense about them, like heís hiding something inside, and their white-grey colour almost matches that of Stardust Dragonís skin. His own skin is rather tanned and is usually criss-crossed with cuts and bruises.

Personality: Kamon is literally a team player with a shadowy side. He is more than willing to work with other people, but always stands to one side and watches, only getting involved when it is necessary. He enjoys dueling, especially Turbo Duels, which are his idea of extreme sport. Thereís just something about the wind in his face and the sun on his face he canít resist. As for his cards, he sees every card in his deck as valuable in its own way and wonít take a single card from the deck. When it comes to bonding with people, he isnít too good and just prefers to get his help and then take off without goodbyes. Truth is, to him, goodbyes are a waste of time and they hurt too much for him to bother.

Decks:
Ground:
Theme: Bring Out The Black Rose (Iíll put a decklist in further down.)
Key Card: Black Rose Dragon
Strategy: Use Tokens in combination with the effects of Black Garden and Rose Tentacles to deal damage to the enemy before playing the big hitter, Black Rose Dragon!

Turbo:
Theme: The Speed Of Growth
Key Card: Rose Tentacles, Black Rose Dragon
Strategy: Use 'Ivy' cards to deal damage to the opponent in preperation to play Black Rose Dragon and use its effect for major damage!

Decklists:
Ground:
Monsters:
3x Twilight Rose Knight
Copy Plant
2x Gigaplant
3x Lonefire Blossom
3x Wall of Ivy
Phoenixian Seed
Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis
Rose Tentacles
Botanical Lion
3x Evil Thorn
3x Seed of Flame
Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

Spells:
2x Black Garden
2x Seed Cannon
Thorn of Malice
The World Tree
Mark of the Rose
Vengeful Servant
Seed of Deception
Closed Plant Gate

Traps:
2x Pollinosis
2x Wall of Thorns
2x Rose Flame
Curse of Rose
Death Petal Countdown
Ivy Shackles
Cursed Ivy

Extra Deck:
3x Black Rose Dragon
3x Queen of Thorns

Turbo:
Monsters:
3x Wall of Ivy
3x Ivy Thorns (Original Card)
3x Ivy Whips (Original Card)
2x Rose Tentacles
3x Copy Plant
2x Gigaplant
Tytannial, Princess of Camellias
2x Dandylion
Regenerating Rose

Spells:
Speed World
3x Summon Speeder
2x Accel Summon (Original Card)
3x Speed Energy
2x Final Attack

Traps:
3x Wall of Thorns
2x Pollinosis
3x Rose Flame
Death Petal Countdown
3x Cursed Ivy
Extra Deck:
3x Black Rose Dragon
3x Queen of Thorns

Speed Spell - Accel Summon
Normal Spell Card
Activate only when you have four or more Speed Counters. Reduce the level of all monsters in your hand by three.

Ivy Thorns
DARK/ Plant/Tuner /Level 3/ATK: 1200/DEF: 1000
When this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a Plant Type monster or 'Black Rose Dragon', Special Summon two Ivy Tokens (EARTH/ Plant-Type /Level 1/ATK: 0/DEF: 0) in Defence Position to your opponent's side of the field. When one of these Tokens is destroyed, its controller takes 300 damage.

Ivy Whips
DARK/ Plant/Effect /Level 5 /ATK: 2000/DEF: 1500
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, Special Summon an Ivy Token (EARTH/ Plant/Effect /Level 1/ATK: 0/DEF: 0) to your opponent's side of the field in Defence Position. When one of these Tokens is destroyed, its controller takes 300 damage.

Member List:
Storymasterb (King of Games) Claimed Card: Savior Star Dragon. Claimed Character: Yusei Fudo
Darklord18 (Beginner) Claimed Card: Rainbow Dragon. Claimed Character: N/A
Cybermew (Beginner) Claimed Card: Unifrog. Claimed Character: Rex Goodwin/Rex Godwin

Fic Character List:
(Storymasterb)
Kamon Asaji (M) Decks: (Ground) Bring Out The Black Rose [Plants]/(Turbo) The Speed Of Growth [Plants]
Souji Dojima (M) Decks: (Ground) Burn The Life Away [Volcanics/Burning Skulls]/(Turbo) Speed Burner [Volcanics/Burning Skulls]
Ayane Dojima (F) Decks: (Ground) Wrath of the Sacred Beasts [Sacred Beasts]/(Turbo) The Gods Unleashed [Sacred Beasts]

(Cybermew)
Mikey (M) Decks: (Ground) Wetlands [Frogs]/(Turbo) Gladiator Beasts [Gladiator Beasts]

storymasterb
5th May 2009, 8:53 PM
Right, so this got accepted. Feel free to join up, people!

Storymasterb

darklord18
7th May 2009, 2:37 AM
Why do you like Yu-Gi-Oh? How did you get into it?* (this MUST be at least three lines)
Well I got into it when it first can out. I brought all the deck and build one 40 card deck Though I kept losing because I never read the rule book, but yeah I like all the different deck type like Crystal beast to Lightsworn and Blue eyes. When I was slowly get out of liking the game I brought a duelist pack tin because it was on half price and a Destiny hero Plasma tin and got some Crystal beast card which brought me back, I really like how you have to put a lot of time now into building a beck to suit what you like, and any card no mater how weak can be good if you use it right.

What is your favorite card?* Well I like Crystal beast but my favorite card isn't the rainbow dragon but crystal beast ruby carbuncle, why such a weak monster? well it not weak, it effort if it special summon allow me to summon all Crystal monster in my spell and trap zone which can them be use then to summon higher monster or power up Rainbow dragon or do a swan the field to protect my life points.

What aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh don’t you like?* (Three lines, please)
Game: well that you need to think hard on what card you need now as there a limit on how many cards you can have. And the limited on the extra deck stop element hero user from packing alot of fusion monster.

Anime: well the fact that there a character in each series that use a deck with monster with low attack point and still wins.

Which Anime/Manga/Video Game character do you claim? (This is my claims system. You can claim one character, and Duel Spirits count.) I don't really know what a claims is.
What is your Signature Card? (This is essentially a card claim. Once something is claimed, no one else can have it.) Well Rainbow dragon but as I said before, I don't know what a claim is so just ignore this.

storymasterb
7th May 2009, 5:58 PM
Darklord18: Accepted. Essentially, the claim just means that that character/card is something or someone you think is really good (god, I'm doing a terrible job at explaining this) and the claim means that no one else can claim that charater/card. That card/character is your card/character.

Would you like to sign up for the fic?

cybermew
7th May 2009, 6:36 PM
Why do you like Yu-Gi-Oh? How did you get into it?
I like Yu-Gi-Oh (Can we just call it Yugi? :p) as I am a competitive player. Currently, I am the Crewe Regional Champion, and I did very well in the British Nation Championship. I like the anime, and the manga, but playing is my main part in the game. I got into it by buying packs and decks, and my first competitive deck was Macro Monarch.

What is your favorite card?
In the Real TCG - Unifrog
In the Anime - Toy Soldier

What aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh don’t you like?
The rarity system can be really annoying sometime, and the childish angle of it.

Which Anime/Manga/Video Game character do you claim?

Rex Goodwin

What is your Signature Card?

Unifrog

I'll sign up for the fic in a min.

storymasterb
7th May 2009, 7:05 PM
Cybermew: Accepted. And yes, we can just call it Yugi, but I can see some confusion coming up...

Fic sign-ups are always welcome, provided they are good enough and you're a member already.

darklord18
8th May 2009, 8:05 AM
Would you like to sign up for the fic?
I think I pass.

may I post the first topic?
Topic
What deck type do you use or is your favorite?
My is Crystal beast, I just like them, They good for syncro summon and to swan the field or protecting your life points. I only missing four card for this deck type which are Rare value, Rainbow Gravity, Crystal release and Rainbow life, but still It a good deck type and I won a couple of duels.

cybermew
8th May 2009, 6:26 PM
Name: Mikey

Place of Origin: Nottingham, UK

Appearance: Mikey is short, with medium-long brown hair. His eyes are sparkling blue, which can usually dazzle the women. He usually wears black jeans, and converse trainers, which seem to change everyday. He has freckles covering his face, which give him a childish use. Although he is short, he is also well built, and able to defend himself if he wishes. He also wears a baggy hoody, in addition to the jeans, which bares the slogan "Screw the rules, I have money".

Personality: Despite his hoody's slogan, Mikey is a polite, friendly person. He regularly laugh at peoples jokes, and can sometimes be a *****eeky. Sometimes though, in a desperation to seek popularity, he can be unlike himself, and end up being spiteful, and this can sometimes cause rifts with his friends. Nevertheless, he always apologises, and usually ends up getting involved with his friend's activities, and this is how he got involved with Duel Monsters. He doesn't like fighting, but will defend himself if he has to.

Decks:
Ground:
Theme: Wetlands
Key Card: Unifrog
Strategy: Get Wetlands onto the field, protect it, and swarm with my powered up mini monsters!

Turbo:
Theme: Gladiator Beasts
Key Card: Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
Strategy: Use my GB effects to get rid of all of my opponent's options!

Lists:

Monsters: 22
3x Unifrog
3x Substitoad
3x Submarine Frog
3x Dupe Frog
2x Star Boy
3x Flip-Flop Frog
1x Penguin Soldier
1x Sangan
3x Sunk-Mast Frog *ORIGINAL CARD*

Magic: 13
3x Wetlands
2x Salvage
3x Frog Star *ORIGINAL CARD*
1x Monster Reborn
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Brain Control
1x Giant Trunade

Trap: 4
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Gravity Bind
3x Pondlife *ORIGINAL CARD*

Extra
3 S.I.G.N.A.L. Frog

Sunk-Mast Frog
WATER
[Aqua/Tuner]
You may send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to add one "Wetlands" from your deck to your hand. When this card is in the Graveyard, and you have a "Frog" monster on your side of the field, you may pay 500 life points to special summon this card from the graveyard. If this card is removed from the field for a Synchro Summon, this card is removed from play.
[600/0]

Frog Star
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you, you may special summon a “Frog” monster from your hand

Pondlife
Trap Card
You may only activate this card when a level two or lower Aqua monster is sent to the graveyard from your side of the field. Special Summon one level two or lower Aqua monster from your deck.

S.I.G.N.A.L Frog
WATER
[Aqua/Effect]
Sunk-Mast Frog + 1 or non-tuner monsters
While this card is face up on the field, it is treated as level 2. Once per turn, by sending one Level 2 or lower Aqua monster from your hand to the graveyard, destroy one card your opponent controls.
[1700/2500]

Deck Total: 41

Monsters: 20
3x Test Tiger
2x Gladiator Beast Laquari
Gladiator Beast Darius
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Gladiator Beast Samnite
Gladiator Beast Equeste
Summoner Monk
Gladiator Beast Murmillo
Gladiator Beast Hoplomus
Gladiator Beast Secutor
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Gladiator Beast Retiari
Rescue Cat x2
Phantom Of Chaos

Spells (Not inc Speed World)
2x Speed Spell Monster Reborn
1x Speed Spell Raigeki
3x Speed Spell Angel Baton
2x Speed Spell Final Attack

Traps: 13
Gladiator Beast War Chariot x3
Solemn Judgment x3
Waboku x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force

3 Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
3 Gladiator Beast Herklinos

storymasterb
8th May 2009, 7:51 PM
Cybermew, the character is Accepted, but can you please put in the Extra Deck cards, if any?

As for me, I'm submitting another character of my own. The word 'Rival' springs to mind.

Souji Dojima
Place of Origin: Tokyo, Japan

Appearence: Souji is tall, intimidating and very mean-looking. His face is always set in a hard expression, his mouth twisted in a near permanent frown and his eyes glaring at everything in general. His black hair is cut neatly, with a rather short fringe, and his skin is tanned, although you hardly notice given the large number of scars, scabs and bruises disfiguring his face and hands. He always wears a black leather jacket (the sort they wear in Grease, over a red shirt with the sleeves ripped off and black jeans. He wears a tight black belt with two grey deck boxes, one for his Ground Deck, the other for his Turbo Deck. He uses a Chaos Duel Disk as opposed to the more usual model, mainly for the intimidation factor (the Disk itself is a copy, not an actual Chaos Disk, although it still functions normally.)

Personality: Souji is everything you could ask for in a bully, intimidating, lacking in morals and just plain mean. He enjoys beating kids with rare cards in Ante Duels before taking the rare card in question, leaving his unfortunate victim in tears and him a rare card better off. He is ruthless when it comes to getting something he wants, especially when that something belongs to someone he really doesn't like. As for his cards, he treats them as simply resources, not caring about sacrificing them in his duels so long as he wins. He often misuses his power over others, power granted by his dad being a Sector Security officer. He treats his younger sister with the utmost respect and care, threatening to rip apart anyone who dares flirt with her under his watch.

Decks:
Ground:
Theme: Burn The Life Away
Key Card: Speed King Skull Flames, Volcanic Doomfire
Strategy: A straight out combo of Volcanics and Burning Skulls, the effective trick is to use Burn Damage to wipe the opponent clean.

Turbo:
Theme: Speed Burner
Key Card: Gate Blocker, Full Throttle, Speed Edge
Strategy: Stop the opponent gaining Speed Counters and use Speed Counter Burn cards to cut through their Life Points, combining this with the effects of the Volcanics and Burning Skulls.

Decklists:
Ground:

Monsters:
3x Burning Skull Head
3x Skull Flames
Speed King Skull Flames
3x Volcanic Shell
3x Volcanic Scattershot
2x Volcanic Rocket
Volcanic Hammerer
2x Volcanic Counter
Volcanic Queen
Volcanic Doomfire

Spells:
3x Blaze Accelerator
Tri-Blaze Accelerator
Wild Fire
Molten Destruction
Volcanic Cyclone
Pot of Avarice
2x Salamandra

Traps:
2x Volcanic Recharge
Volcanic Mine
Volcanic Force
Return from the Different Dimension
2x Volcanic Curse
Backfire
Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
Flare Divide (Original Card)

Turbo:

Monsters:
3x Gate Blocker
Gate Blocker 2
3x Burning Skull Head
3x Skull Flames
Speed King Skull Flames
3x Volcanic Slicer
2x Volcanic Counter
Volcanic Queen
2x Flamvell Baby
Nitro Synchron

Spells:
Speed World
3x Speed Spell - Monster Reborn
3x Speed Spell - Speed Energy
2x Speed Spell - Sonic Buster
Speed Spell - Final Attack
Speed Spell - The End of Storm

Traps:
Full Throttle
Speed Edge
Speed Booster
Doom Accelerator
Volcanic Recharge
Backfire
Flare Divide
Negate Attack
Mirror Force
Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai

Extra Deck:
Flamvell Urquizas
Dark Strike Fighter
Nitro Warrior

Flare Divide
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a Level 8 or lower FIRE monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon Flame Soul Tokens (FIRE/ Pyro / Level 2/ATK: 600/DEF: 400) equal to half of the Level of the destroyed monster (rounding down if the result is a decimal) to your side of the field.

satanicjesus
9th May 2009, 4:14 AM
Why do you like Yu-Gi-Oh? How did you get into it? I like YuGiOh because it's fun to play. It's fun because you can play different decks, and lots on underrated cards. I got into YuGiOh in 2003, after I saw the anime on TV.
What is your favorite card? Chain Strike, REBD and Inferno Fire Blast
What aspects of Yu-Gi-Oh don’t you like? The same decks being everywhere and people not giving good but unbroken cards a chance.
Which Anime/Manga/Video Game character do you claim? Bastion :)
What is your Signature Card? Chain Strike

2 Mecha-Dog Marron
3 Des Koala
3 Fire Trooper
1 Marshmallon
1 Morphing Jar
[10]

3 Tremendous Fire
2 Poison of the Old Man
2 Chain Strike
1 Scapegoat
[8]

1 Ojama Trio
2 Accumulated Fortune
2 Legacy of Yata Garasu
3 Jar of Greed
2 Chain Detonation
1 Ceasefire
3 Secret Barrel
2 Just Desserts
2 Dimension Wall
1 Magic Cylinder
2 Waboku
3 Threatening Roar
[24]

storymasterb
9th May 2009, 12:09 PM
satanicjesus: Unfortunately, your Why do you Like Yu-Gi-Oh? section is too short. It has to be at least three lines.

cybermew
10th May 2009, 11:29 AM
Updated with Extra Deck.

And I added an extra new card, because I'm that cool :p

storymasterb
11th May 2009, 1:01 AM
Thanks Cybermew. I'll put a character list on the introductory post to show our characters and their Deck themes.

Anyway, new topic

What's better? Contact Fusion or Synchro Summoning?
I'll always say Synchro. Becuase of Synchro Monsters, we get Tuners, which have neat effects, and my personal favorite, Synchro Chants! What makes the 4Kids dub utterly lame? No Chants!

Seriously, I hated them taking out Yusei, Akiza and Jack's Syncho Summon chants for their dragons. Here they are in all their glory!

Yusei: "Clustering hopes become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!

Jack: "The ruler's heartbeats will now file through here! Bear witness to it's creation shaking power! Synchro Summon! My very soul Red Demons Dragon (Red Dragon Archfiend)!"

Akiza: "Chilling flames engulf the entire world! Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Black Rose Dragon!"

So yeah, Synchro wins for me!

darklord18
11th May 2009, 2:41 PM
What's better? Contact Fusion or Synchro Summoning?
may I ask what about union? Though that not Fusion, they are like Contact fusion. but out of those two, I go with Synchro, my favorite is a tie between Ancient Fairy dragon which isn't release but still I like it in the anime, Red Dragon archfiend as it allow me to send my Crystal Beast to the spell and trap zone and Star dust Dragon which can protect my cards that are on the field from being destroyed.

Yusei: "Clustering hopes become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!

Jack: "The ruler's heartbeats will now file through here! Bear witness to it's creation shaking power! Synchro Summon! My very soul Red Demons Dragon (Red Dragon Archfiend)!"

they sound so cool, I like Red dragon Archfiend's one.

storymasterb
11th May 2009, 7:46 PM
If anyone who has a fic character wants that character to use Synchro Chants, just post them here for me, along with which Synchro they refer to.

Kamon's Synchro Chants:

"The spirit of burning rose is my soul released! Bloom, blazing flower of my courage! Synchro Summon! Be free, Black Rose Dragon!"

"Thorns of restriction, bind my foe with your law! Synchro Summon! Sprout and blossom, Queen of Thorns!"

I find that somewhat ironic, that the only Plant Synchro isn't the strongest Plant, but it is called Queen of Thorns, while the strongest Plant is Tytannial, Princess of Camellias.

Souji's Synchro Chants:

"Inferno of ruin, step forth onto this scorched earth! Synchro Summon! Burn and destroy, Flamvell Urquizas!"

"Terror of these skies, take flight! Cast your shadow of death down on my foe now! Synchro Summon! Crush them, Dark Strike Fighter!"

So there's mine!

Now to go back to another topic before choosing a new one:

What deck type do you use or is your favorite?
I use several Decks. My favorite is probably my Yusei Synchro Deck, which is quite reliable and very strong. As for other decks, well since watching Akiza in 5D's I've had quite an eye on Plant Monsters, and I've also kept an eye on the Yubel cards since I got Terror Incarnate from Phantom Darkness.

Now for my next topic:

What is your opinion of the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime Series (second series, GX and 5D's)?
The original series was very good in my opinion. While a certain company did manage to tone it down a little too much, it was still very enjoyable and it had some epic moments (The Legendary Knights, Horakhty Creator God of Light, The Ceremonial Battle). I especially liked the Egyptian Gods taking down the Great Leviathan in Waking the Dragons. Overall, Waking the Dragons, Dawn of the Duel and The Ceremonial Battle tie for best arc. Waking the Dragons had the Dragons, which I like, Dawn of the Duel had Bobasa, who was hilarious, Mahad, who was frankly the most epic of the priests, and Kisara, who was just incredible (if you can't remember, Kisara was that woman who had the spirit of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.)

GX was also very good, since it had an upbeat tone at the start and entered the darker aspects later on. Jaden made a good main character, especially when he was the Supreme King, as the personality change was very well done.

I haven't seen much of GX past the Supreme King, but I did see the end of Jaden and Yubel's duel. Three words: That was Epic. Seriously, Jaden using Spiritual Fusion to screw up Yubel's plan and fuse the two of them together was amazing (have you noticed how much of an emphasis Fusion seems to have on Jaden? In the Japanese, Banner actually tells Jaden that he needs to master alchemy specifically to unock the ultimate powers of Fusion.)

And as for 5D's, EPIC! The characters are amazingly well done, especially Yusei and Akiza, the 'outsiders' within the series. The Synchro Sequences are the most epic thing I've ever seen in Yu-Gi-Oh, and as for the Synchro Monsters themselves, gorgeous!

The plot of 5D's has to be called the best ever, 5 Signers desined to come together and save the world from the Earthbound Immortals, but at the same time those Signers are divided by social class and worse. Rex Goodwin and Divine/Sayer act as 'schemers' within th series, both with very different agendas involving certain Signers.

And within this anarchy, we have the mysterious threat of the Dark Signers, who are the worst enemies of all...

5D's wins best series from me. There are a ton of firsts, like a main character (Akiza) using Plant monsters competitively.

cybermew
11th May 2009, 8:50 PM
Mikey's Contact fusion chants

"Lord of the Sky, Master of the Wind, God of all the Winged Beasts, come forth, Gladial Beast, Gyzarus!

"King of Flames, Emperor of Blazes, Concurer of Spirits, behold, Gladial Beast Heraklinos!

Nice.

And Contact Fusions, as I find they are usually quicker, and you can reform the monsters.

storymasterb
11th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Well, Contact Fusion chants are interesting.

Anyway, for some info on the fic. It is set in the 5D's timeline, but the location is the Duel Academy from GX, which has been updated and modernized following a set of inspections by Seto Kaiba. There are now two dorms, one for boys and one for girls (following the Duel Academy Akiza attended, incidentally, but without the uniforms). Both are roughly equal in terms of comfort and both have essential facilities (washing facilities, laundary rooms, kitchens and so on.)

Boys entering the girls dorm and vice versa is strictly forbidden for obvious reasons and being caught doing so will result in expulsion from the academy. Turbo Duels are catered for just as much as Ground Duels, with several Turbo courses recently completed on the island. Duel Runners are provided for students without their own, but using your own Runner is fine.

The current chancellor is Bastion Misawa (yes, the guy with Water Dragon), while the boys professor is Doctor Crowler, who is just as strict as ever and that little bit meaner following his failure to reach chancellor. The girls professor is new, an ex-Pro Duelist known as Yukari Kanzato.

The Duel Academy layout is pretty much the same as it was lef at the end of GX, except the old dorms have been demolished and the new ones built on opposite sides of the lake Obelisk Blue was next to. The Abandoned Dorm is still gone thanks to Honest in GX Season 4. However, several students claim you can still access the underground arena through a tunnel in the forest...

As for the Sacred Beasts, they have been resealed in the Spirit Gates and Chancellor Misawa has the Spirit Keys. However, the gates are weaker than before and an aspiring evil has its eyes on the Sacred Beasts and Armitael...

So yeah, the Sacred Beasts and Abandoned Dorm play their own parts in this.

Speaking of which, Souji's younger sister is attending the academy too, so I'd better write her profile:

Ayane Dojima
Place of Origin: Tokyo, Japan

Appearence: Ayane has a rather ghostly appearance, with ivory white skin, almost colourless hair with a cyan tinge to it and crimson red eyes. She wears a plain white T-shirt and a long white skirt, making her appear very colourless. She wears a silver heart-shaped locket with a picture of her brother inside around her neck and a bracelet made of red, blue and yellow beads around her right wrist. When it gets cold, she wears a long silver-white trench coat and a white scarf with red, blue and yellow tassels on the ends. Later on, she starts to wear a black leather coat over a blue shirt with red sleeves and a yellow-gold skirt. She also paints her locket black and adds a black bead to her bracelet.

Personality: Ayane is rather shy and appears quite frail at first glance. She is a calming influence on her brother, who cares about her a great deal, but is very overprotective, something Ayane resents. She feels that she can take care of herself fine. She also prefers to be by herself, mainly becuase she can talk to Duel Spirits and was teased about it when she was younger. She doesn't like dueling becuase she doesn't want the Spirits to suffer just for a game. Eventually, she becomes corrupted by the powerful Spirits of the Sacred Beasts and becomes their Envoy to humanity, becoming cold and ruthless in her use of her 'Gods'.

Decks:

Ground:
Theme: Wrath of the Sacred Beasts
Key Card: The Sacred Beasts/Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos
Strategy: Summon the Sacred Beasts, fuse them into Armitael and crush the opponent with sheer power from the Phantasm of Chaos!

Turbo:
Theme: The Gods Unleashed
Key Card: The Sacred Beasts/Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos
Strategy: Summon the Sacred Beasts as fast as possible and fuse them into Armitael to win.

Ground Decklist:
Monsters:
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
3x Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus
2x Chaos Core
2x Dark Summoning Beast
3x Archfiend Soldier
3x Mad Archfiend
3x Phantom Skyblaster
2x Grinder Golem

Spells:
2x Phantasmal Martyrs
Dimension Fusion Destruction
Lost Paradise
3x Triangle Force
Pot of Avarice
2x Monster Reincarnation

Traps:
2x Immortal Class
3x Chaos Burst
2x Dark Bribe
3x Delta Barrier

Extra Deck:
Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos

Turbo Deck
Monsters:
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
3x Phantom Skyblaster
3x Archfiend Soldier
3x Chaos Core
3x Dark Summoning Beast
2x Gate Blocker
Gate Blocker 2
Grinder Golem
Destiny Hero - Plasma

Speed Spells:
Speed World
3x Speed Energy
3x Acceleration Draw
2x Sonic Buster
2x Final Attack

Traps:
3x Delta Barrier
3x Full Throttle
2x Speed Edge
Immortal Class
Speed Booster

Extra Deck:
Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos

cybermew
12th May 2009, 8:24 PM
Sounds interesting :P

When will we start?

storymasterb
12th May 2009, 10:20 PM
I'll start writing it soon. I'm trying to work out some more stuff. If you want to make another character, I'm fine with it.

Anyway, I tried to get these Sacred Beast chants for Ayane in the last post of mine, but Error 500 (as usual) mucked it up. Here they are:

(Uria) "God of purging flames, hear my cry for aid! Be released, to scourge this fallen paradise! Come forth, Uria, Lord of Searing Flames!"

(Hamon) "God of punishing thunder, come to me! Be released, to damn the unclean! Come forth, Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder!"

(Raviel) "God of phantasmal nightmares, emerge from the shadows! Be released, to torment my foes! Come forth, Raviel, Lord of Phantasms!"

(Armitael) "God of almighty chaos, I beg of you your aid! Be released, to end this impurity of your world! Come forth, Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos!"

cybermew
13th May 2009, 5:26 PM
Is it RPG or Fic? I'm confused.

storymasterb
13th May 2009, 5:34 PM
It's a fan fic. That's actually stated in the first post. I might do an RPG in the future though, so if you have any ideas, please state them here.

Anyway, new topic:
If you could meet any Yu-Gi-Oh character, who would it be?
Probably Yusei for me. He's a really good main character, with a very well developed personality and amazing cards. I'd also like to meet Jack, Jaden and Zane.

cybermew
14th May 2009, 5:39 PM
Oh :(

I was hoping it was an RPG =/ Sounds like a good plot for one.

storymasterb
14th May 2009, 6:26 PM
I could make it an RPG, if you want. I'll have to explain the rules of the game and the background, but that's never a problem for me.

Anyway, new topic from me:
If you could make a new Yu-Gi-Oh series, what cards would the main characters have?
I'd have three main characters, one using the Lightsworns, one using Genex and the main main character using the Ice Barrier cards.

cybermew
14th May 2009, 7:56 PM
DARNIT.

Storymaster, you took the wors right out of my mouth for those decks.

And yay, make it an RPG.