PDA

View Full Version : Serebii.net Update: Sunday: Game News #38; Pok#233;mon of the Week

SerebiiBot
3rd May 2009, 9:40 AM
Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Sorry about the delay with this news. The Chatroom #38; WiFi Chatroom have both been booming since Platinum's release so be sure to visit them. In The Games Department New Game Announcement Earlier today, in the Pok#233;mon Sunday variety show and it's ...

More... (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Jhonny
3rd May 2009, 1:10 PM
The evidence on Pokebeach does make a compelling case for the games being g/s (CRYSTAL!), especially the quiz that they did. Pokebeach is known for being enthusiastic but...

Serebii
3rd May 2009, 1:16 PM
There is NO evidence. Just speculation

BynineB
3rd May 2009, 2:29 PM
Ooh, a new game.
What could it be...?
1. GSC Remake
2. New spinoff
3. 5th gen (!)
4. Not even a new game

I'm praying for 3, but you never know, do you?

Treecko Girl
3rd May 2009, 3:53 PM
Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndiquil figures released on the 19th September, huh?
Heh. My birthday.

ShinyLucario
3rd May 2009, 4:04 PM
I'm interested in finding out what this game(s) is.

Waffles
3rd May 2009, 4:47 PM
Next week, huh? I really can't wait. Though G/S remakes would be nice, some 5th gen news would be mighty fine.

lindsy95
3rd May 2009, 6:12 PM
..Awsesome, those Gold/silver confetti balls have me fairly convinced...

BlueEew
3rd May 2009, 8:10 PM
I hope it is a Pokemon Gold and Silver remake. If it was I would say that there would be a good chance of Celebi being the Event Pokemon. I am hoping so anyways.

mario_fan
3rd May 2009, 9:52 PM
it might be a g/s/c remake. that would explain the jhoto starters in the 12th movie poster and the beta shellos form...and the mentioning of rage candy bars

Tyrannotaur
4th May 2009, 5:08 PM
There are plenty of clues.. but it still isn't definite yet.

The starters and pichu in the Aruceus movie, the release of new starter figures in September (which I'll have to get), The silver and gold confetti balls, the hidden game subscript that reads for the pokemon's location "captured in the Johto region, Beta shellos, as well as the tons of D/P/Pt clues. Those include Jasmine, Rage Candy bars, Secret potion and Cianwood city, Professor Elm being mentioned, reintroduction of night and day, among other things. Plus the DSi seems to be wanting to be rid of GBA games, so this would be a suitable way to ensure people can get all the non event pokemon.

Again this is all speculation and we do not have any hard evidence that would suggest this is true. For all we know it could be a Gold and Silver version of Pokemon Snap. Don't go crazy excited just yet. By the 15th we should know what this announcement is.
I am crossing my fingers for the remakes though.. ;248;

Henshin, Haku.
4th May 2009, 5:34 PM
Yah so am I. Through browsing to see the clues that there just may be another remake, a brother and I instantly seen it coming. Now it's just hoping though. If so I have my preparations set for it even though we probably won't recieve it until next year of the sort for all American viewers/players of the game.

muumajii23
4th May 2009, 10:24 PM
Very interesting... *strokes chin*

But really, I hope! I doubt it, but whatever... ^_^'

TheDarkLucario
5th May 2009, 2:15 AM
It has to be a g/s remake, the facts are right there for you to see-

Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndiquil figures released on the 19th September

The starters and pichu in the Aruceus movie, the release of new starter figures in September (which I'll have to get), The silver and gold confetti balls, the hidden game subscript that reads for the pokemon's location "captured in the Johto region, Beta shellos, as well as the tons of D/P/Pt clues. Those include Jasmine, Rage Candy bars, Secret potion and Cianwood city, Professor Elm being mentioned, reintroduction of night and day, among other things. Plus the DSi seems to be wanting to be rid of GBA games, so this would be a suitable way to ensure people can get all the non event pokemon

The man at the resort cabin talking of johto stuff.

plus this stuff I found on freind-codes.
1. Jasmine, a Johto Gym Leader from Olivine City, is standing in Sunnyshore City.
2. For hackers: You can make a Pokemon say it came from Johto.
3. The Key Item, SecretPotion, is from the pharmacy in Cinawood City.
4. A piece of an article: http://www.pokefeeds.com/index.p h p?p=cat&c=Rumors (RUMOR) take the spaces
out of p h p
5. ZELDAPRIME00 found this: Pokémon.com : The Official Pokémon Website
6. 0CHUEY0: When you receive the Happiny Egg in Hearthome, the hiker mentions Professor Elm.
7. TAJLEADER: In the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl anime, Paul looks and acts just like your ??? rival in G/S/C.
8. TAJLEADER: Before Pokemon: Battle Frontier ended, May, Harley, and Drew took off towards the Johto region.
This could hint at Ash travelling back to Johto eventually, as well as a G/S/C remake coming up.
9. SILASCAB: I'v got a Clue, "mysteryious pokemon in cave on friday (lapras I think)"
"drifloon in Windworks on friday"
10. POKEMONMASTER260: The Battle Tower. It was in Ruby & Sapphire. It was in Emerald. (as a section of the
Battle Frontier, though.) It was in Diamond & Pearl. Most importantly, IT ORIGINATED IN CRYSTAL. All I'm saying
is that they could remake Gold & Silver because it's counterpart Crystal had it, & now that it's been in so many
Pokemon games ever since, Gold & Silver would need it. But to do that, THEY'D HAVE TO MAKE A REMAKE!
11. DM3MSTR: Alright, the poketch anime episode. Dawn is looking at a magazine with Crystal(The girl from crystal)
on the cover.
12. PETEYPIRANHA128: I dont remember where, but a man said to me in DP "Have you heard of Tin tower? They
say a rainbow pokemon lives ontop!"
13. DEVIL_KID: Right at the start ofthe game, there is lots of hype about a Red Gyarados, and that same Red
Gyarados was in Johto.
14. DEVIL_KID: It said that eggs had just been discovered, I heard that while playing...
15. ORACLE_LINK: When R/B got redone as FR/LG, the first 151 Pokemon's Sugimori art (and a few Johto ones)
got updated to the new style. However, the majority of the Johto Pokemon still have old Sugimori art. Perhaps they
are waiting for when they remake the games for Sugimori to recreat the Johto Pokemon's art?
16. TAJLEADER: On the June 21 English anime episode, when Ash was battling Zoe in the contest, the G/S/C battle
music was playing.
17. ZELDAFAN221: The guy at the restort area, not only does he mention Tin Tower, he also mentions Whirl Islands
in Johto...
18. POKEMONMASTER260: Well, remember FR/LG? They were remakes of R/B! Since they were old Pokemon
games, they needed a remake. Now, many people believe that G/S was better than R/B. G/S are also old! So,
they'd definetely need a remake.
19.NICHOLAS0306: I noticed that some of the copies of G/S/C had dead batteries(the little ones that record
your data) in them.
20.LLAMALORD13: Pastoria Gym Leader (Crasher Wake) and Cianwood Leader (Chuck) hold their arms the
same way
21.LLAMALORD13: Agatha from the GSC E4 and Bertha from the DP E4 look the same.
22.SCOOTY199: I can't remember where, but I think there was a person or Sinnoh gym leader who mentioned a Johto leader.
23.KOOPSEY4: They Made a Blue and Red remake so why not a Gold/silver/crystal one?
24.KOOPSEY4: The VS Seeker works kind of like the Phone is Gold and Silver.
25.KOOPSEY4: In Pokemon Battle revolution... You get a SILVER BADGE in Sunny Park Colloseum and you get a GOLD BADGE in Courtyard Coloseum.
26.CHAOSEMRALDS7: I figured out how to play the G/S/C theme on my electric guitar, BEFORE I'VE HAD ANY LESSONS! that's right! at this time last week, I couldn't play anything! Now I can play the G/S/C theme!
27.ARCEUS_DARKRAI: Didn't the pokemon begin moving in crystal?
28.POKELOVER10: In the Valor Hotel,from the south entrance,if you enter the first house on the right(maybe second),he will tell you he wants to see a few places including: Tin Tower, Whirl Islands and a few others.
29.POKEMONMASTER260: After you get an Eevee from Bebe after you get the National Pokedex, she mentions Bill having a lot of them in the Johto region.
30.DEOXYS134: Jasmine was in the Master Rank Tough Contest in Hearthome with her Steelix, 'Rusty'. In the background of the R/S/E contests, Jasmine and Pryice (sp) are in the crowd.
31.POKEDUDE78: In the middle of any Pokemon Center there is a GS ball.
32.STORM39: Hackers have gotten Kurt's Pokeballs in D/P.
33.RYOICHI: Sweet honey was suppose to be in GSC, but for some reason the producers took it out. Later it is introduced in D/P. Reasons unknown. If there was a remake of GSC there would almost have to be the same things in both games. Like keeping TMs and the same annoying HMs.
34.RYOICHI: In FireRed and Leafgreen Celio mentions Bill in Goldenrod City having a fun time in Johto. Most likely you can migrate Pokemon into the remakes like in D/P. They wouldn't leave that out.
35.PIT_ICARIUS390: There is a lighthouse in G/S/C and in D/P, not only that, but you have to go there and do something in both versions to make the gym leader appear!!
36.AZN_MARIO: Didnt the whole clock thing begin with G/S/C? Now we have the poketch in D/P.
37.NESFAN001: They brought back the night guards that will only fight you at night.
38.CAPTIANJACKSPARROW: Well the internal batteries in s/g/c die out after a while... and many people mention the Johto region...not Kanto or Hoenn......just Johto.
39.GHOST159: The Park balls in D/P are gold and silver with crystal in the center.
40.CHARMANDERSFATHER: A guy mentions wanting to see a rainbow Pokemon(Ho-Oh), a silver Pokemon (Lugia), and Clefairys dancing in Mt.Moon (an event that happened on Mondays in G/S/C).
41.COURAGE123: On Route 224 close to where the Shaymin event takes place, there is a Dragon Tamer there. After you defeat him, he says, "It's been years since I've left the Dragons Den."
42. Loads of people just want it!

talala
5th May 2009, 4:23 AM
one of the following
1. ranger 3
2. g/s remakes
3. trozei 2
4. new type of spinoff game

Serebii
5th May 2009, 8:42 AM
It has to be a g/s remake, the facts are right there for you to see-

Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndiquil figures released on the 19th September

The starters and pichu in the Aruceus movie, the release of new starter figures in September (which I'll have to get), The silver and gold confetti balls, the hidden game subscript that reads for the pokemon's location "captured in the Johto region, Beta shellos, as well as the tons of D/P/Pt clues. Those include Jasmine, Rage Candy bars, Secret potion and Cianwood city, Professor Elm being mentioned, reintroduction of night and day, among other things. Plus the DSi seems to be wanting to be rid of GBA games, so this would be a suitable way to ensure people can get all the non event pokemon

The man at the resort cabin talking of johto stuff.

plus this stuff I found on freind-codes.
1. Jasmine, a Johto Gym Leader from Olivine City, is standing in Sunnyshore City.
2. For hackers: You can make a Pokemon say it came from Johto.
3. The Key Item, SecretPotion, is from the pharmacy in Cinawood City.
4. A piece of an article: http://www.pokefeeds.com/index.p h p?p=cat&c=Rumors (RUMOR) take the spaces
out of p h p
5. ZELDAPRIME00 found this: Pokémon.com : The Official Pokémon Website
6. 0CHUEY0: When you receive the Happiny Egg in Hearthome, the hiker mentions Professor Elm.
7. TAJLEADER: In the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl anime, Paul looks and acts just like your ??? rival in G/S/C.
8. TAJLEADER: Before Pokemon: Battle Frontier ended, May, Harley, and Drew took off towards the Johto region.
This could hint at Ash travelling back to Johto eventually, as well as a G/S/C remake coming up.
9. SILASCAB: I'v got a Clue, "mysteryious pokemon in cave on friday (lapras I think)"
"drifloon in Windworks on friday"
10. POKEMONMASTER260: The Battle Tower. It was in Ruby & Sapphire. It was in Emerald. (as a section of the
Battle Frontier, though.) It was in Diamond & Pearl. Most importantly, IT ORIGINATED IN CRYSTAL. All I'm saying
is that they could remake Gold & Silver because it's counterpart Crystal had it, & now that it's been in so many
Pokemon games ever since, Gold & Silver would need it. But to do that, THEY'D HAVE TO MAKE A REMAKE!
11. DM3MSTR: Alright, the poketch anime episode. Dawn is looking at a magazine with Crystal(The girl from crystal)
on the cover.
12. PETEYPIRANHA128: I dont remember where, but a man said to me in DP "Have you heard of Tin tower? They
say a rainbow pokemon lives ontop!"
13. DEVIL_KID: Right at the start ofthe game, there is lots of hype about a Red Gyarados, and that same Red
Gyarados was in Johto.
14. DEVIL_KID: It said that eggs had just been discovered, I heard that while playing...
15. ORACLE_LINK: When R/B got redone as FR/LG, the first 151 Pokemon's Sugimori art (and a few Johto ones)
got updated to the new style. However, the majority of the Johto Pokemon still have old Sugimori art. Perhaps they
are waiting for when they remake the games for Sugimori to recreat the Johto Pokemon's art?
16. TAJLEADER: On the June 21 English anime episode, when Ash was battling Zoe in the contest, the G/S/C battle
music was playing.
17. ZELDAFAN221: The guy at the restort area, not only does he mention Tin Tower, he also mentions Whirl Islands
in Johto...
18. POKEMONMASTER260: Well, remember FR/LG? They were remakes of R/B! Since they were old Pokemon
games, they needed a remake. Now, many people believe that G/S was better than R/B. G/S are also old! So,
they'd definetely need a remake.
19.NICHOLAS0306: I noticed that some of the copies of G/S/C had dead batteries(the little ones that record
your data) in them.
20.LLAMALORD13: Pastoria Gym Leader (Crasher Wake) and Cianwood Leader (Chuck) hold their arms the
same way
21.LLAMALORD13: Agatha from the GSC E4 and Bertha from the DP E4 look the same.
22.SCOOTY199: I can't remember where, but I think there was a person or Sinnoh gym leader who mentioned a Johto leader.
23.KOOPSEY4: They Made a Blue and Red remake so why not a Gold/silver/crystal one?
24.KOOPSEY4: The VS Seeker works kind of like the Phone is Gold and Silver.
25.KOOPSEY4: In Pokemon Battle revolution... You get a SILVER BADGE in Sunny Park Colloseum and you get a GOLD BADGE in Courtyard Coloseum.
26.CHAOSEMRALDS7: I figured out how to play the G/S/C theme on my electric guitar, BEFORE I'VE HAD ANY LESSONS! that's right! at this time last week, I couldn't play anything! Now I can play the G/S/C theme!
27.ARCEUS_DARKRAI: Didn't the pokemon begin moving in crystal?
28.POKELOVER10: In the Valor Hotel,from the south entrance,if you enter the first house on the right(maybe second),he will tell you he wants to see a few places including: Tin Tower, Whirl Islands and a few others.
29.POKEMONMASTER260: After you get an Eevee from Bebe after you get the National Pokedex, she mentions Bill having a lot of them in the Johto region.
30.DEOXYS134: Jasmine was in the Master Rank Tough Contest in Hearthome with her Steelix, 'Rusty'. In the background of the R/S/E contests, Jasmine and Pryice (sp) are in the crowd.
31.POKEDUDE78: In the middle of any Pokemon Center there is a GS ball.
32.STORM39: Hackers have gotten Kurt's Pokeballs in D/P.
33.RYOICHI: Sweet honey was suppose to be in GSC, but for some reason the producers took it out. Later it is introduced in D/P. Reasons unknown. If there was a remake of GSC there would almost have to be the same things in both games. Like keeping TMs and the same annoying HMs.
34.RYOICHI: In FireRed and Leafgreen Celio mentions Bill in Goldenrod City having a fun time in Johto. Most likely you can migrate Pokemon into the remakes like in D/P. They wouldn't leave that out.
35.PIT_ICARIUS390: There is a lighthouse in G/S/C and in D/P, not only that, but you have to go there and do something in both versions to make the gym leader appear!!
36.AZN_MARIO: Didnt the whole clock thing begin with G/S/C? Now we have the poketch in D/P.
37.NESFAN001: They brought back the night guards that will only fight you at night.
38.CAPTIANJACKSPARROW: Well the internal batteries in s/g/c die out after a while... and many people mention the Johto region...not Kanto or Hoenn......just Johto.
39.GHOST159: The Park balls in D/P are gold and silver with crystal in the center.
40.CHARMANDERSFATHER: A guy mentions wanting to see a rainbow Pokemon(Ho-Oh), a silver Pokemon (Lugia), and Clefairys dancing in Mt.Moon (an event that happened on Mondays in G/S/C).
41.COURAGE123: On Route 224 close to where the Shaymin event takes place, there is a Dragon Tamer there. After you defeat him, he says, "It's been years since I've left the Dragons Den."
42. Loads of people just want it!
The only bit of evidence that is actual evidence is the Johto data. Other things are references or just not relevant

Henshin, Haku.
5th May 2009, 2:39 PM
Yeah but as for Ranger 3, isn't it too soon for another sequel? It's no doubt that it's a G/S/C remake. I can hardly wait.