PDA

View Full Version : Role Play Club: the return

CyberBlastoise
4th May 2009, 5:39 PM
well, I was wanting to join the old Role play club and come to find out that it died. *salutes* so I thought I'd make a remake for it. =D Well, I'll tell you right now, I'm not exactly the most experienced RPer out there, in fact I am fairly new to RPing...hehe...anyways, what little bit I have done, I do try to keep things going in RPs I am in. Anyways, that's enough about me...let's move on about the club. Let me think here...what rules shall be added to this club? Ah yes, now I know what rules there are...

Rule 1: Follow all Serebii general and club rules (this one's a given)
Rule 2: Do not bash or flame any newbies / fellow RPers. constructive criticism is allowed but only to help your fellow RPer, not to just hurt his/her feelings. Self bashing will be aloud though...XD
Rule 3: In order to join all you have to do is say the following words... "Signed-up and ready to go". Also mention which class you wish to be.
Rule 4: Advertising is aloud for your RP. But only twice per RP...also Banners advertising your RP are encouraged and will not count as the twice per...reason being...I like Banners. However, only 3 banners per RP.
Rule 5: Murder is illegal...don't kill this thread by spamming it up and by onelining...
Rule 6: Just because this is a Role Playing club that does not excuse you for RPing in this thread...so don't do it...
Rule 7: Have Fun discussing.
Rule 8: Failure to obey the rules may result in the following
First offense: Warning
Second Offense: Red alert warning
third offense: Suspended for 3 days.
fourth offense: Suspended for a week
Fifth offense: Suspended for a month
Sixth offense: Perma-banned from club
seventh offense: Slavery and Death

----

Like the last club I will be doing a ranking system as well, much like the previous club it will have a point system. But there will be a few minor differences as well.

Point system
Advertising your RP - 10 points
Donating a Banner/Userbar Advertising either the RP club or your own RP - 20 points.
Topic creation - 20 points
Member recruitment - 60 points per member. (be sure to have them mention you telling them about it)
Breaking a rule - lose 30 points.
Criticising without flaming - 20 points only if you help the other person become a better RPer.
Just Joining - 30 points

Classes: There are going to be 9 different classes on here. Do not judge me for my lack of knowledge of different classes. I just selected these because I like them.
- Ninja
- Pirate
- Thief
- Assassin
- Swordsman
- Beast-man
- Improviser
- Undead
- Spirit

Ranks:
Newbie - 0 - 150 pts.
Novice - 150 - 450 pts.
Apprentice - 450 - 600 pts.
Intermediate - 600 - 900 pts.
Master - 900 - 1500 pts
Dungeon/Game Master - 1500 - 2000
Omni-Master - 2000+

Members:
CyberBlastoise - Newbie Improvisor - 50 pts. - owner
SkeletonAlpha - Newbie Assassin - 30 pts.
Ysavvryl - Newbie Spirit- 30 pts.
Xashlei - Newbie Improvisor - 30 pts.
TheSequelReturns - Newbie Ninja - 50 pts.
Handymankg2 - Newbie Ninja - 30 pts.
Baby Cyndaquil - Newbie Assassin - 30 pts.
Flash Step - Newbie Swordsman - 30 pts.
Shukaku - Newbie Thief - 50 pts
Moogles4ever - Newbie Beast Man - 30 pts.

Topics -
Why did you start RPing?
What is your favorite type of RP?
How similar are the characters to yourself?

CyberBlastoise
5th May 2009, 3:10 PM
Yay, the club got accepted ^^

Well, time to see whether or not my inner self was right about the creation of this club.

SkeletonAlpha
6th May 2009, 3:41 AM
Salvete mea amici. Yes, I love rping. I got into rping because I like creating stories for my favorite games and animes, books and movies, as well as rping out original stories. Its an amazing fun experience for me, and also, I like rping for a different reason. I'm currently far away from all my friends back home, and I keep in touch with them when I am rping because we are awesome like that and a bag of chips... (ranch chips). And it kills boredom. Yes. This is my reasonings. Whats y'alls? Valete, mea amica!

Ysavvryl
6th May 2009, 4:22 AM
Cool idea. I'll be signed up and ready to go. I'd be a spirit.

I started RP when I was ten, because my twelve-year-old cousin was going to take over as DM in a D&D group and wanted to practice. I picked an elf archer and he put me through a rat infested dungeon. I asked if the rats were the cute ones with red ribbons. Heh. So I've been RP'ing for... hey, I'm not telling you how old I am! Just trust that it's been years.

Xashlei
6th May 2009, 4:36 AM
Good idea, I will join too, I love RPing. Videogamewise, and when I was like, nine, real-life wise. That was silly, our teachers were so confused when my "group" started yelling out different move names, or crawling around like dogs. Ah, the good ol' days... *nods and sighs, missing two of those people who moved away*

Personally I join village RP's, freeform RP's, and storyline RP's. Theme being medieval-fantasy, half of the time. I want to be flexible and try out different ones sooner or later though.

For the club, I'll be an Improviser.

TheSequelReturns
6th May 2009, 5:21 AM
Cool, you can count me in. I was actually thinking that there needed to be a club along these lines.

As for RPing, well I kind of started out of curiosity. I was experimenting with writing a novel at the time (a work that is actually still in progress) and I thought that trying something like an RP would help me get into character better. My first RP was on a fourm, and so far all of my RP's have been on forums. A few friends and I are trying to get a Table-top RP started, but we are still working on it. Anyway, it turns out that I took a liking to RPs and I have been an active RPer for a while now.

As for the class, put me down as a Ninja.

CyberBlastoise
6th May 2009, 3:36 PM
ah yes, welcome all. SkeletonAlpha and Yssavryl, accepted...please select a class both of you.

Xashlei..welcome fellow Improviser.
TheSequelReturns..Welcome sir Ninja.

Okay...new topic: What is your favorite type of RP?

Handy?
6th May 2009, 8:06 PM
"Signed-up and ready to go".

Handymankg2, standing high and ready for battle. 'twas a shame that the old club kicked the bucket, but I'm glad that someone finally remade it, as I certainly didn't want to start it a second time after my inactivety towards the end caused its end. (In case anyone couldn't work out, I was the original owner)

I'll be a Ninja please. (Ninja>Pirate). I guess I'll reply to topics and such.

Currently, I have a fetish for Pokemon RPs, which may not come as a suprise, as I'm on a Pokemon website. xD

Ysavvryl
7th May 2009, 4:56 AM
I said spirit. I lurk a lot, and spirits are all ghostly, mystical.

Favorite RP type? I like fantasy based with magic and the supernatural. Favorite, though, would be anything that goes off the beaten path and examines things in a different way. If it's the usual thing, I've probably read it somewhere.

CyberBlastoise
7th May 2009, 6:28 AM
oh I'm sorry I didn't see that Ysavvryl... ehehehe...

anyways, Welcome Handymankg2...it's nice to meet the creator of the old Role playing games club. Hehe...all right now then...Approved!!!

All right...well I suppose that'll be it for now...no further updates yet.

SkeletonAlpha
7th May 2009, 7:56 PM
Assassin, my dear friend, Assassin. Would there have been any other choice for me? I mean really, amici.
Hey.
Is there going to be any links to any rps going up in here?
Just wondering.
Oh, and just a random question. Has anyone ever gotten inspiration from staring at a tunnel (big enough to fit in a man walking upright) that is part of a storm drainage system creek thing?
I just want to write something that has a setting to do with tunnels and the dark and water now... heh.
maybe I'm just insane..

Cloverleaf
8th May 2009, 6:07 PM
Signed up and ready to go???

Please explain the improviser class, as even though I want to be a swordsman, I could change my mind if the Improviser class is cooler.

Shukaku
9th May 2009, 4:31 PM
Signed-up and ready to go!!!

I'd like to be a Thief, just to be different (No, in real life, I'm not a Thief, lol).

What's my favorite Role Play type? Well, I would have to say Fantasy and Supernatural stuff.

TheSequelReturns
10th May 2009, 9:19 PM
Hmm, I guess my favorite type of RP would be anything creative or out of the box. Basically anything that manages to stand out from the crowd with a style all its own.

How about a new topic?

How similar are your characters to yourself?

Each of my characters is like a different part of me. I try to get some of my own personality into them, but they always seem to take on a life of their own as well.

Cloverleaf
10th May 2009, 9:37 PM
How similar are your characters to you?

I tend to do better with the girls. I usually make them have some of my quirks.

Ex: Clover Airflow is my perverted side coming to life. Cassandra is that snippy, smart mouthed part of me, Sapphie's my spunky part, Kelsey's the bookworm in me, and Skribol is the fighter in me.

CyberBlastoise
11th May 2009, 5:19 AM
welcome to the two of you...hehe...I gotta say you made a good topic TSR.

Anyways, onward to answering it myself.
Well, it goes like this...
Bill Darius is the strong nerd within me. Silver the Blastoise is the strategist fighter within me. Cory Velos is what little honor is within me. Oh yeah, Erica Stone is the angry, yet flirtatious side of me. Finally, Henry is the side i show most often: the lack of confidence side.

Ysavvryl
11th May 2009, 4:48 PM

Well every character tends to have a bit of the author in them. That being said, I have a huge range of characters from stories I write. I write males when I'm a female, I write fowl-mouthed characters when I wouldn't cuss or swear, and I even write for characters who know a lot about something I only know a bit of. That last one's really hard to pull off, though.

The RPG character that comes closest to me is probably Polaris. Yeah, the cowardly artist who generally has to get dragged into things. But even there, he's not quite me.

Baby Cyndaquil
11th May 2009, 6:48 PM
"Signed-up and ready to go"

I'd like to be an assassin please

Why did you start RPing?
Well first off to get out of my normal life into a better and exciting life ,but of course a fractured toe isn't too bad for me? It also seemed interesting like a story but you make it up as you go along.

Well of course Pokemon RPs are good but I like action, violence, swearing (a little bit), magical, furry(e.g. turning into a pokemon), sci-fi and some others that I can't think of.

How similar are your characters to yourself?
Well not that similar most times I put in something that is similar to me but I mostly make my character what I want to be. There may sometimes be completely random like my character as a girl (I'm a boy BTW) or maybe even alien.

Flash_Step
11th May 2009, 8:31 PM
Signed-up and ready to go!!!

I wud like 2 join and be a swordsman

CyberBlastoise
12th May 2009, 8:36 PM
welcome assassin and swordsman. I am glad that you have decided to join us.

Anyways, is anyone working on any new RP sign ups? I am...it's a crossover between the video game Time Hollow and the pokemon franchise.

TheSequelReturns
12th May 2009, 9:15 PM
Well, if anyone here has played the Persona games, I'm working on a new RP based on those. It has a lot of influence from Persona 4. However, since I really want this one to make an impression it will probably be another week or two before its posted.

CyberBlastoise
14th May 2009, 6:13 PM
okay that's good. All right, I started up my RP just now...it's called Pokemon Hollow.
basically it mixes Time Hollow and Pokemon.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=394515

hehe...what do you think? Truthfully, the hard part for me will be getting all the pictures ready...yes I am going to be using [img] tags alot...hopefully though this RP goes over very well.

Shukaku
24th May 2009, 3:19 AM
'Ello! Wow, we need to post in this thread more...

Topic to bring back the club! :

How do you get your inspiration for writing RP Plots?

Peter Quill
24th May 2009, 3:51 AM
"Signed-up and ready to go!"

Beast Man, because those are my favourite type of characters. Of course I had to join, I was in teh last one so...

I usually spend up thinking of random things at the end of the day before I go to bed, if I think I can implement that into a RPG I try it. Unfortunately I don't have many RPGs that I ever posted on Sppf, they're all on my comp.

CyberBlastoise
24th May 2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome Moogles4ever to the club...I hope that you become an active poster and all that.

Thank you for the new topic Shukaku.

Well, I got my inspiration from a lot of games that I like, or just different thoughts that randomly come to my head...perhaps from something as simple as a cereal box or something as complex as anime.

Shukaku
24th May 2009, 11:32 PM
No problem! And I just realized that I never responded to the topic! ^^;

Uh... I haven't answered something like this for a while... *goes to check another site that he's apart of* OH! I remember! I mostly just read other plots and it usually will spark an idea or two.

Handy?
28th May 2009, 7:19 PM
Don't die please RP club.

Generally, I read other peoples plots and then I'm inspired to make my own RP as awesome as that. Also, when I'm playing a video game, I sometimes get sudden urges to Roleplay them, hence how my latest RP came along.

Which brings me onto this.

Join my Smash Brothers RP: Angels. No questions, just do it. Advertisement one.

Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=9774753#post9774753)

(There's also a link in my sig for those that can't click above for some reason)

Ysavvryl
29th May 2009, 4:00 AM
Inspiration for RP plots... generally it's just, What kind of game would I want to join? One time, it was because I had a popular fanfic on another site and readers asked me for an RP version. It went for a couple of months before things got unworkable.

@handymankg2: I looked at that Smash Brothers RP and thought of joining. I don't play fighting games (save for Clay Fighter, and Bushido Blade once), but that didn't stop me from joining another Smash RPG! But I had an original character for that one, and I'm not too sure of joining Angels or who I'd want to pick. Sorry. But very good work on it! I'm impressed by the detail you went into in describing it. I hope it goes well.

Shukaku
31st May 2009, 2:51 PM
Hey guys & girls!

So, any plot ideas that people need help with?

TheSequelReturns
31st May 2009, 7:02 PM

Hmm. Basically I focus on whatever my current obsession is and see if I can get a good RP idea out of it. That, and I try to find more underused ideas that I'd like to see more of.

So, any plot ideas that people need help with?

Mabye. Let me get back to you on that.

Ysavvryl
3rd June 2009, 4:18 PM
New topic I was thinking of, half-randomly. Sorry if I can't bold; cranky comp.

-Do you reuse your PCs in multiple RPGs?
-If you do, do they keep the same Pokemon?

Not often; I prefer tailoring my character to the RPG. If the situation calls for a character I've used before, I have no problem with using that PC in multiple games. On the other hand, sometimes I get characters like Stella in The Hidden Ones. She's such a niche character that I probably can't use her anywhere else.

If I reuse a PC, they may keep a signature Pokemon, but again, I generally tailor the team to the RPG. As an example, my most reused character, Polaris, is always with his Smeargle Picasso. That's because he's an artist and a Smeargle fits that perfectly. Plus, Picasso is a nice foil/partner for Polaris. But others switch up often. In Gym Wars (he hasn't shown up yet), he also has a Kadabra, but in an RPG on another site, he got Regigigas as a gift from the GM.

The Regi was particularly funny because Polaris was terrified of it when he first encountered it.

Handy?
3rd June 2009, 6:12 PM
-Do you reuse your PCs in multiple RPGs?
-If you do, do they keep the same Pokemon?
I have occassionally resused the same character, but I have a weird fetish that instead of copy pasting the history, I write it out all over again. Same with personality and appearence. Pokemon I generally differ, but sometimes keep a Pokemon I couldn't see them without.

The thing is, I invent characters when I'm bored, and have thirty odd characters in my mind who I can use on a RP to keep myself interested. Although, I generally like to create characters completely for the RP, as I love character creation possibly more than the roleplay itself, something I find a bit weird.