PDA

View Full Version : Should I restart my PMD games?

ZF911
5th May 2009, 7:36 AM
I have Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness.

On EoD, I played through the whole thing and all that's left is unlocking certain dungeons and recruiting all Pokemon.

On Red Rescue Team, I'm on the Entei, Raikou, and Suicune parts with the feather.

I played Darkness first, so I finished it first.

On Red, I kept getting stuck on the same dungeon, I kept restarting and restarting until I found a team that could beat the dungeon. I ended up with Mudkip and Treecko, and foolishly named the Team "Team Kipz," thinking I'd restart it again sooner or later. I'm not really upset, but should I answer the questions truthfully instead of making sure I get Mudkip?

If I restart Red, I'm doing it truthfully, if I do EoD, I'm being Munchlax with something else as my partner.

Should I:

Restart Darkness
Restart Red Rescue Team
Restart Both
Complete Darkness and Restart
Complete Red and Restart
Complete Both and Restart Both
Don't restart at all

mudkip42
5th May 2009, 11:18 AM
I think getting the pokemon that you like or prefer is a better choice...

Playing as a pokemon that you dont like will probably end up you stop playing the game awhile after you cleared the storyline...

Well thats for my case :)

ChuklaeAquos
5th May 2009, 12:41 PM
I restart my games because i was getting bored, or because i didnt get the right team. unless you hate the name "Team Kips" dont restart. If you like you can restart EOD if you like, but only if youre bored with it and wanna paly the storyline again.

ZF911
6th May 2009, 3:13 AM
I am kinda bored of EoD. But I'll really, really, miss my team if I do restart. I'll have to think about it for a while.

Palamon
6th May 2009, 5:27 AM
I wouldn't bother restarting at all the same thing happens all the time. And you might lose Pokemon on your team that you like.
It's your choice not mine so choose what you want.

serebiifreak
7th May 2009, 1:12 AM
I would never restart mine.
1. It took like forever to get up sky tower because of Aerodactyl's wing attack.
2. If you get all legends and restart seems stupid to get them again especially Celebi.
3. Sometimes your pokemon are a one of a kind.

pokeLOVE
7th May 2009, 1:55 AM
Dont restart I did and I regreted it...

LadyCharizard
8th May 2009, 10:31 PM
I'm actually debating the same thing with my Explorers of Time; I've completed everything and got to level 100. I don't think I got all the legendaries, though, so I could restart if I wanted to. Though I might do anyway...still not sure.

But it depends on if you want to play through the game again as another Pokémon without buying another copy of the game (or the other version if you only have one).

talala
8th May 2009, 11:09 PM
do it if you don't care about what happens in the games and just play for fun

Pokefan0234
15th May 2009, 12:58 AM
If your just playing for fun, then its fine to restart your game. I restart my Pokemon games all the time (except for Platinum, where all my competitive batting Pokemon are). If you really don't want to lose your Pokemon, then don't restart.

coolespeon
20th May 2009, 3:05 AM
restart red rescue all the necesary times until you get the pokemon you want, I did that until I got squirtle.

talala
20th May 2009, 3:27 AM
it all depends on how you feel about gaming, think about it yourself and do what you want instead of asking others what to do when you should be choosing yourself in scenarios like this, everyone has their own opinion and their own view on gaming

Torpoleon
20th May 2009, 11:39 PM
You shouldn't restart. What if there was a part that was really hard that you barely beayt. Sure it is fun to play it over and over again until you get to a hard part. With that said, I say don't restart them.

Sevy <3 Rosan
21st May 2009, 8:45 PM
Tbh, we shouldn't make this decision for you, some people like to play games till they have 100&#37;. Others like to play games til the story is over and cleared the dungeons after the
ending and start again. Personaly i'm like the storys, but not leveling/reqruiting pok&#233;mon til i have them all. So i say, restart both!! NAO ^^

sunkirby
9th June 2009, 5:50 PM
i say restart EoD, i did after i beat it i had a lvl 65 typhlosion and raichu and i had nearly all the legendaries...kinda nothing left to do so i restarted now im a torchic and treecko lvl 22 :D

however dont restart blue rescue until you have statues and all legends...because there are less legends in that game so might as well get them all.

tom-tom
10th June 2009, 5:03 AM
depends on what you want but id restart at least one

Nidoprince
15th June 2009, 1:48 AM
Restart after you complete, but wait a little bit after you complete. If you don't play at all, and you don't want to brag about a completed game, restart, if your uneasy, don't do it, you'll regret it.

pokemonmaster3.0
15th June 2009, 3:51 PM
Don't restart Red for sure, You're hardly halfway through (or a little more than halfway through) the post-story mode. I still don't exactly think you should restart Darkness.

I remember, I was playing my Red one day, Sceptile (me) was almost lv 70, asnd when I looked, my game was restarted. Devastating. Luckily, I have a better moveset and I'm farther now.

Protoman EXE
23rd June 2009, 9:12 PM
I would not restart my game i think it is a waste of time.

Short Wing
23rd June 2009, 10:48 PM
I think you should do what you think is best, and if that includes restarting to change your team, then go ahead.

rekreatur
24th June 2009, 12:04 AM
Flip a coin.

Surfing_Pikachu
29th June 2009, 2:51 AM
Blue and Red were BY FAR the best in the series. Restart those.