PDA

View Full Version : D/p/pt Roman Gods/Heros Team

Rakki-neko
7th May 2009, 1:14 AM
One of my friends, OmegaPit, has just created a Greek Legends team, and so I took up the challenge of creating a Roman Gods team to fight and hopefully beat the Greeks (because you know the Romans eventually took over the Greeks). So can anyone help me with names and pokemon suggestions for those names?

Got so far-
Jupiter (king of the Gods) - Dragonite
Pluto (King of the Dead)/ Proserpina (Queen of the Dead), Tranitar

Cruisercard
7th May 2009, 9:34 AM
You do know that Greek and Roman gods are basically the same gods but Roman has less then Greek because they couldn't afford all those temples, right?

PocketmonMaster
7th May 2009, 10:33 AM
While I know that this shouldn't be in the RMT Thread... I have no idea where it goes... Anyway,

Fortuna - Blissey - Godess of luck and fate
Nox - Gengar - Godess of the night
Trivia - Alakazam - Godess of magic
Tempestes - Zapdos - Godess of storms
Hercules(demi-god) - Machamp - God of strength
Virtus - Rhyperior - God of miltary strength
Strenua - Snorlax - Godess of endurance
Cloacina - Muk - Presides over the sewers of Rome

You do know that Greek and Roman gods are basically the same gods but Roman has less then Greek because they couldn't afford all those temples, right?

That's so funny I forgot to laugh.

The early Romans had a seperate set of Gods, with interlocking and complex relationships. Once Rome became an all-conquering, all-knowing civilisation, captured territories were allowed to worship their own seperate gods, so long as they payed respect to the Romans. Eventually (around 200 B.C) external gods were starting to be worshiped by the Romans themselves, though they were cheap knock-offs and many had fragmented and un-finished stories surrounding them.

BTW, Greece smashes Rome in everything, bar military strength and engineering.

Cruisercard
8th May 2009, 10:25 AM
While I know that this shouldn't be in the RMT Thread... I have no idea where it goes... Anyway,

Fortuna - Blissey - Godess of luck and fate
Nox - Gengar - Godess of the night
Trivia - Alakazam - Godess of magic
Tempestes - Zapdos - Godess of storms
Hercules(demi-god) - Machamp - God of strength
Virtus - Rhyperior - God of miltary strength
Strenua - Snorlax - Godess of endurance
Cloacina - Muk - Presides over the sewers of Rome

That's so funny I forgot to laugh.

The early Romans had a seperate set of Gods, with interlocking and complex relationships. Once Rome became an all-conquering, all-knowing civilisation, captured territories were allowed to worship their own seperate gods, so long as they payed respect to the Romans. Eventually (around 200 B.C) external gods were starting to be worshiped by the Romans themselves, though they were cheap knock-offs and many had fragmented and un-finished stories surrounding them.

BTW, Greece smashes Rome in everything, bar military strength and engineering.

Sorry, should've checked before I opened my mouth.

Tabby Catty
9th May 2009, 3:39 PM
My friend trying to make a team like that, though he just named them based on elements and stuff and not really there personality...

Me? I wouldn't mind making a Norse god pokemon team, the only one I can think of is a Rotom for Loki which is the Norse god of fire. Yes, I know Rotom is an electric pokemon, but Loki is also a troublemaker so it kind of fits the personality you know...

Cruisercard
14th May 2009, 11:45 AM
^ It also fits because Loki is also the god of Mischief! Isn't Rotom mischeivous or something in the Dex?
Also:
Freyja: Gardevoir.
Thor: Thunder and Hammers? Can't think of any Pokemon like that, but Electivire somehow comes to mind.
Fenrir: Not really a god but Mightyena or Arcanine( although I think Fenrir is a wolf)
Jormundgar: Its a sea serpent that is meant to bring the end of the world with Fenrir, Loki and Hel. So Milotic or Gyarodos.
Hel: Hel is an uglyy lady. Jynx maybe?
Heimdall: He is in Norse mythology the one who is going to warn of the end of the world. Absol maybe?

Spncrbrrtt
14th May 2009, 3:25 PM
^ It also fits because Loki is also the god of Mischief! Isn't Rotom mischeivous or something in the Dex?
Also:
Freyja: Gardevoir.
Thor: Thunder and Hammers? Can't think of any Pokemon like that, but Electivire somehow comes to mind.
Fenrir: Not really a god but Mightyena or Arcanine( although I think Fenrir is a wolf)
Jormundgar: Its a sea serpent that is meant to bring the end of the world with Fenrir, Loki and Hel. So Milotic or Gyarodos.
Hel: Hel is an uglyy lady. Jynx maybe?
Heimdall: He is in Norse mythology the one who is going to warn of the end of the world. Absol maybe?

Yeah... no. Rotom wouldn't work. He's too smiley. More like Magmotar or Steelix. (Loki is part giant)

Freya seems accurate.

Thor- definitely Elelectivire. Hell, maybe even Zapdos.

The Serpent isn't a god. Neither is Hel or Fenrir..

Heimdall is a prophet. Not just a doom-sayer. More like Alakazam or some other big psychic for him.

Surtur- Charizard? Moltres?
Thrym- Some evil-like Ice type. Abomosnow maybe?