PDA

View Full Version : The Avatar Club

Pages : 1 [2]

pichu_power
21st August 2009, 5:44 AM
That's a hard question...Ty Lee has those awesome chi-blocking punches [like Y.A. said] and she's a circus freak...(I was sad when Azula made her cry in the Ember Island ep.)

Altho...Mai is cool, too...she's like a ninja and she's tired of being controlled by her parents...

I say tie on my part. :)

mangaeyes
21st August 2009, 9:39 AM
I loved the Ember Island Beach episode. Its the thing that got my friend hooked on Avatar (well...Azula really) and even my brother, who always says how much he hates Avatar, laughed a couple of times throughout the episode (thats an achievement).

It was so awesome when they play Fire Nation Volleyball, when they go to the party and when Azula meets that guy. I think they handled Azulas character perfectly, instead of giving her a big crying sensitive scene, they showed that all this emotion is so far inside her that it was only brought out when Mai and Ty Lee betrayed her.

I also liked the Avatar and co. during that episode. I loved when Toph woke everybody up and Combustion Man made everyone fly through the air and Toph just stood in one place! Also it was cool to see Aang use a more offensive Airbending move (the air blast).

PsychoSocial
21st August 2009, 6:07 PM
Um..Am I mistaken or is this club for the new James Cameron film Avatar?

Yellow Aura
21st August 2009, 6:15 PM

LOL. NO.
This is a club about Avatar the Last Airbender. You know, that Nick show with the guy with the blue arrows? Next time read the first page. Curse you James Cameron...

mangaeyes
21st August 2009, 11:49 PM

No...please read the first page next time it saves our club being polluted with one-liners and it stops you looking the fool.

New topic: Azula: Love her? Hate her? Or love-to-hate her?
I love her. Shes sarcastic, spoiled, manipulative, insensitive, rude, witty and generally evil and hilarious. Her character development was well done and her ending was perfect in my opinion. Long live Crazy-Azula.

Trainmaster718
22nd August 2009, 10:14 PM
New topic: Azula: Love her? Hate her? Or love-to-hate her?

Oh jeez. This is tough. I'm gonna have to say that I'm stuck inbetween. Azula is heartless, evil, and sometimes darker even than her father (in my opinion) - and for these things, I don't like her. But I do like her because not only did she introduce one of my personal favorite things in the Avatar world (generating Lightning), but she is important to the show. Almost every main character is nice and happy most of the time (/Zuko), and when they bring in Azula to be her evil, crazy self, I think that creates a pretty good balance of good and evil.

Yellow Aura
23rd August 2009, 1:21 AM
Azula: Love her? Hate her? Or love to hate her?
I love to hate. She is so brilliantly evil...It is awe inspiring, but sometimes so heartless, and we rarly get to see her personality within her. I like her the most during Book 2, before she loses her cool in Book 3. She's a great add to Avatar, without her, it wouldn't be the same.

pichu_power
24th August 2009, 3:53 AM

Hmmm...I'd have to say love to hate as well. She's so awesome! Her blue fire is pretty cool, and her scheming plans and evilness are cool. I felt really bad when she went psycho tho...and I really wanted to cry when I saw her go crazy...she was so frustrated and traumatized...she was breathing out blue fire and crying...I really felt so bad...

mangaeyes
27th August 2009, 2:50 PM
Yeah the fight between Katara and Azula during the Last Agni-Kai was awesome but it got me thinking...if Avatar wasn't on Nickelodeon and wasn't considered a childrens cartoon, would Katara have killed Azula? She could have easily just left her in that iceberg right? Maybe Aang would have simply killed the Firelord while in the Avatar state (although that was his characters personality to not kill him).

Any Avatar moments you wish were more realistic/violent?

shac
27th August 2009, 9:07 PM
Firstly, sorry for being inactive for sooo long. Sorry!

I thnk I love to hate Azula. She is like the perfect villainess, totally heartless and perfectly evil. I am sure if she could have her ways around it, she would love to become the ultimate ruler, even if she had to kill her father for that. Like father like daughter. Brilliant characterization there.

Yellow Aura
29th August 2009, 4:47 AM
Any Avatar moments you wish were more realistic/violent?

DAY OF BLACK SUN
Oh my gosh. It is a war. Can't you just let the tanks get smashed without seeing the little firgures climbing out? Nothing that violent, just a little more realistic. Seriously!

mangaeyes
29th August 2009, 11:34 AM
DAY OF BLACK SUN
Oh my gosh. It is a war. Can't you just let the tanks get smashed without seeing the little firgures climbing out? Nothing that violent, just a little more realistic. Seriously!

Yes or when Toph traps Azula...they should have killed her ffs!!!

Also the fight on that tram-cart thing at the Boiling Rock when Zuko and Sokka are fighting Azula and Sokka lunges his sword which totally knocks Azula off balance leaving him the perfect chance to stick a sword in her...but no...he retreats and lets Zuko shoot fire at her which she then blocks.

However tht pathetic fight was evened out in my oinion by Ty Lee and Suki's fight which was pretty awesome even if none of them actually hit eachother lol.

Yellow Aura
30th August 2009, 8:11 PM
Yes or when Toph traps Azula...they should have killed her ffs!!!

They didn't cause they were trying to find the firelord, remember? They were gonna interrigate her.

mangaeyes
30th September 2009, 8:08 PM
Heres a picture I drew. (http://mangaeyes.deviantart.com/art/Crazy-Azula-135621077)

It has a whole essay of Azula related Avatar moments at the bottom XD

Yellow Aura
1st October 2009, 11:54 PM
Plot Extension Ideas?
If Avatar had gone on longer, what are your ideas for possible plots? I really think they could've gone further with Combusken man. We know nothing about him, and he had alot of potintial.

mangaeyes
7th October 2009, 7:45 PM
Plot Extension Ideas?
I disagree with the Combustian Man thing because he wasn't that mysterious. It was obvious he was an assassin and he was soon stopped by Zuko. If they had chosen to carry it on (which I'm glad they didn't) then I would like Aang to maybe do some more spiritual stuff like calming spirits and sending them back to their world.

Trainmaster718
8th October 2009, 2:16 AM
Plot Extension Ideas?
I've always had this little idea in my head...and I've always tried to keep it in my head, for the reason that it is completely unlikely and would create major continuity errors: What if another Avatar appeared? Spawned from Aang's hate or violent side or somehow evil. Could you imagine? A full-out war between Aang and an equally-powerful bender! All four elements together on two different sides!

...Trust me, I'm not usually one of those to come out and start shouting random plot modifications that will never happen (WHaT iF THeH Mad RmaKs OF GOldd n' SilVA!?!?) but you cannot deny that'd be pretty dang cool.

mangaeyes
8th October 2009, 7:20 AM
Plot Extension Ideas?
I've always had this little idea in my head...and I've always tried to keep it in my head, for the reason that it is completely unlikely and would create major continuity errors: What if another Avatar appeared? Spawned from Aang's hate or violent side or somehow evil. Could you imagine? A full-out war between Aang and an equally-powerful bender! All four elements together on two different sides!

...Trust me, I'm not usually one of those to come out and start shouting random plot modifications that will never happen (WHaT iF THeH Mad RmaKs OF GOldd n' SilVA!?!?) but you cannot deny that'd be pretty dang cool.

Yeah and they could use that to evolve Energybending. Like good Aang could have a sort of 'light energybending' while the bad Aang has 'dark energybending'. Sounds cheesy I know but Light and Dark are sometimes considered elements right?

Trainmaster718
11th October 2009, 3:06 AM
Light and Dark are sometimes considered elements right?

Hahaha only sometimes...

mangaeyes
20th October 2009, 4:44 PM
Hahaha only sometimes...

Um...okay.

New topic (because this place is dying): Favourite fight scene?
Definately the Last Agni Kai between Zuko, Katara and Azula. Also the fight on the gondula (sp?) between Suki and Ty Lee was pretty awesome. Or in the Beach episode where the Fire Nation teens crash the party if that counts lol.

Sevydude
1st November 2009, 9:16 AM
Hey, i would love to join this club, i watched every single episode of Avatar
and i loved them all. I need to be a part of a nation? Hmmm... then I'll pick the
Earth kingdom :). Steadfast and hard.

Might aswell answer the current topic while i'm here

Favourite fight scene?
My favorite fight scene would be when King Bumi takes back his city, that was just
awesome :)

mangaeyes
1st November 2009, 9:43 AM
Hey, i would love to join this club, i watched every single episode of Avatar
and i loved them all. I need to be a part of a nation? Hmmm... then I'll pick the
Earth kingdom :). Steadfast and hard.

Might aswell answer the current topic while i'm here

Favourite fight scene?
My favorite fight scene would be when King Bumi takes back his city, that was just
awesome :)

Welcome to the club!

That fight scene was awesome. I think King Bumi is classed as the best living non-Avatar Earthbender.

This place is dying....anybody got any ideas that could make this club a little more lively?

raichu2626
9th November 2009, 4:06 AM
Well, I guess I'll join. Maybe more people will help get it started again, that or the movie. I'd consider myself a pretty big fan and I have an account on ASN. My favorite characters are Momo, Toph, and Aang. And Air is my favorite element. For anyone that has an ASN account I'm momo_toph26

mangaeyes
9th November 2009, 6:53 PM
Well, I guess I'll join. Maybe more people will help get it started again, that or the movie. I'd consider myself a pretty big fan and I have an account on ASN. My favorite characters are Momo, Toph, and Aang. And Air is my favorite element. For anyone that has an ASN account I'm momo_toph26

Welcome raichu2626. I put you in the Air Nomads since you said Air is your favourite element.

Whats ASN, by the way?

raichu2626
9th November 2009, 11:13 PM
Avatarspiritmedia.net Definitely the best avatar forum.

Sevydude
11th November 2009, 12:55 PM
raichu2626, do you always need to wait so long before the admins activate your account on ASN? :s

raichu2626
13th November 2009, 12:33 AM
Activate? I just joined I don't remember having to activate. Granted I joined in Februrary, you could just pm SMBH.

yhyiannis
1st January 2010, 8:38 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Yani, and I'd like to join this club please. I used to watch Avatar when it first started out, but I didn't have the channel so I couldn't watch it anymore. I recently managed to acquire all of the episodes and so I just finished watching them a few days ago.

Water is my favourite element so I would like to join the Water Tribe please.

Zuko and Iroh are my favourite characters. Zuko because he's been through so much and still manages to be himself, and Iroh because he's so funny :P Plus Iroh is a very kind and understanding person so yeah.

Oh and I also noticed that you, raichu2626, are on ASN. I'm also on ASN, my username is Yani on there.

EDIT: I just saw that this club hasn't been posted in since the 13th of November, I'm sorry.

Vycksta
1st January 2010, 10:43 PM
No posting in threads if the last post is over 30 days old. Therefore this club is closed and now belongs to Sneasels.