PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your completed pokedex?

JohnJSal
10th May 2009, 6:56 AM
Platinum is the first time I've really made a sincere effort to complete my pokedex (and I'm getting close), but with the release of HG/SS maybe just a year away, I'm beginning to get a little disheartened, thinking that all this work won't matter much if I then move on to the new game.

So I'm just curious, do any of you have any special method for handling your pokedex? Do you not even bother trying to complete it at all? Did you complete it once and then just don't bother doing it again with future games? Or do you try to complete it all over again with each new game?

TrainerCasey
10th May 2009, 7:03 AM
my method for me is simple.
Ive completed my FR/LG Pokedex and my Diamond Pokedex. Im still working on my Platinum one.
All I did was complete it on FR/LG and send all of them over to Diamond and rebreed or catch some of the few that I didnt want to breed.
And Ive been trading most of my Pokemon this week to Platinum trying to train them up with all the leveling opportunities and getting the starters and their evos.

But all you should do is set a goal for which Pokemon you want. I suggest go for about 5 or as many as you want to catch a day that you need to complete the dex and go out and look for em in any of those games.
Just make sure to use the Pal Park because the girl at the register will ask for a Snorlax and a Kecleon for Apps on your Poketch. ;)

Alloute
10th May 2009, 7:06 AM
I completed Diamond, and I could complete Pearl and Platinum but I'm too lazy to trade....

spanky17
10th May 2009, 7:09 AM
Well with me, I decided before platinums release that pearl was going to be my "pokedex game" meaning that's where I will fill it up while platinum will be my "battle game" where I can have my strongest pkmn to challenge others.....in my national pokedex I am missing a lot of johto pokemon...so silver should cover that!
=]

JohnJSal
10th May 2009, 7:27 AM
Well with me, I decided before platinums release that pearl was going to be my "pokedex game" meaning that's where I will fill it up

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't like the idea of having a "pokedex game" that *isn't* the main game I still continue to play, but that's probably going to be the case when I start HG/SS, unless I try to trade them all from Pt to HG/SS.

Jolley
14th May 2009, 12:26 AM
Only one I've completed was in Leaf green, but i havent been that motivated to do it since then :(

foxyman1167
14th May 2009, 12:30 AM
Only one I've completed was in Leaf green, but i havent been that motivated to do it since then :(

Same here, although I am currently working on my Pearl, mainly just the Sinnoh PokéDex.

Jolley
14th May 2009, 1:17 AM
Yeah, I really don't see a point, sure you get a diploma, but that's about it. :(

ares43
14th May 2009, 1:25 AM
Even with HG/SS coming, I'm a little mad. I just started migrating legendaries from GBA to Platinum and now I have to restart.

Jolley
14th May 2009, 1:28 AM
I just started doing the same, as a matter of fact. I started to migrate my legendaries over so I could see them on the GTS. Now that HGSS is coming out, I wont really need them as they are the ones that will be in that game.

doctor worm
14th May 2009, 1:41 AM
I try to get all the pokemon that I can in the game but I don't go to any extra lengths to get what I can't.

Averyy
14th May 2009, 2:08 AM
I decided that I will make Platinum my full pokedex game even though Diamond has so much more filled up. Even with HG/SS coming out I want Platinum completed.

Darth Floe
14th May 2009, 3:44 AM
Well my Plat. is going to be my main game, everything that doesnt need to be on other games will be on my plat. Now the only problem is... I still need to buy Platnium.

Mongerty
14th May 2009, 8:36 AM
I have all of my Pokedex filled in Emerald, save a few that I need to go back and evolve.

Illithian
14th May 2009, 9:18 AM
My Leafgreen pokedex is completed. I lost Pearl version on a plane, and that had a completed pokedex, but I guess that doesnt count. I don't have much interest in re-completing it, but I might for HG/SS.

itsme
14th May 2009, 10:13 AM
I have all DPPt and currently, Platinum is my dex.

Zadros
14th May 2009, 11:22 AM
I started on Ruby and collected as many as I could. Then I shifted it to my Fire Red, then Leaf Green (where it got some help from Colo and XD) and on to Emerald. By then it was 384. I transferred it to Diamond as soon as I could, where it is almost complete (491) =D Missing Shaymin and Arceus.

And then I got obsessive and collected one of each form (Shellos, Burmy, Wormadam, Unown etc.) XD plus a Ditto of every nature

Cruisercard
14th May 2009, 12:05 PM
Itt'll be the goal I'll never get in Platinum= unlimited playing time.

Spncrbrrtt
14th May 2009, 2:59 PM
I'm 10 away from finishing diamond. More like 8 now.

Then I'll work on SoulSilver when it comes out. Until then I'm focusing on shinies.

sekhmet
14th May 2009, 3:50 PM
Still waiting on Platinum to come out here, that's where I'll be keeping my completed pokedex. so I can use the other versions for resetting for the starter Pokemon etc for example :) It's gonna be a long way to get there still for me. *giggle* I guess you can compare it with Ash, the night before he went off :P. I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Lucazard
1st June 2009, 8:55 AM
I've finished Diamond, for Platinum I've stopped, I ctch when I need them. I'm going to try in Heart Gold and Soul Silver though or maybe the 3rd in the remade series, maybe.

Hell_fire
1st June 2009, 9:15 AM
i don't eve catch pokemon i don't need, how many of you have a fully completed pokemon game with the bidoof having being not caught.............i finally caught one, i got it as trade fodder, its pretty uselesss completing the dex, stick to what you need

Beotium
1st June 2009, 9:19 AM
No time for catching, as I moved to breeding Cyndaquils and aim for the last star on the trainercard

Alloute
1st June 2009, 9:19 AM
I decided I will NOT complete Platinum PokeDex, I hate having to migrate and trade to get legendaries, too much work...

Pearl is 97% complete, stored in a shoebox ^_^

Drake Pokétrainer
1st June 2009, 10:18 AM
I completed it in Diamond (except for out little Arceus). My box is just the same as my dex (excluding the male/female differend formes).
So I'll just transfer them all to whatever game will be my main game in the future. (To platinum when I get it, to the 5th gen when it comes out, etc).

Spirit of Darkness
1st June 2009, 10:25 AM
I like to complete my pokedex and that's what I did with my Diamond.
I am now trying to finish my Platinum. I only have 40 pokemon left! ;)

BlitzBlast
1st June 2009, 10:25 AM
I go by the philosophy of 'catch every new pokemon you see'.

Other then that, I hack.

And, completely off topic, to Drake Poketrainer. I really don't like Yggdrasill. He was just a prick.

Alloute
1st June 2009, 10:26 AM
I go by the philosophy of 'catch every new pokemon you see'.

Other then that, I hack.

And, completely off topic, to Drake Poketrainer. I really don't like Yggdrasill. He was just a prick.

You hack? Why am I not surprised, thanks for the warning...lol.

Does anyone here have a completed shiny Pokedex? I do.

Thor's Beard
1st June 2009, 12:51 PM
My completed pokedex is safely tucked away in my Pearl PC, leaving me with no space for anything else as they're all in order. Just need Celebi and Arceus to finish it all off. Going to do it again on Platinum for the trainer card star but I don't plan on keeping them this time. Need box space for more important things.

Swampert_trainer
1st June 2009, 11:11 PM
I was one pokemon away from completing the Pokedex in Sapphire when my game restarted itself. I'm trying to complete in now in Diamond and I'm pretty close. I'm not even going to try to complete in Platinum.

TrainerCasey
1st June 2009, 11:21 PM
I completed it in Leafgreen and Diamond. I got alot of help from Leafgreen though so I cant say I worked hard on Diamonds Pokedex... >.>
I plan to work on Soul Silver without trading until national dex. =)

suicune lover
1st June 2009, 11:31 PM
I nearly completed Diamond, working on plat.

I just catch them as I see them and when I have nothing to do I evolve them or trade form another game.

PsychedelicJellyfish
1st June 2009, 11:34 PM
Diamond is my full Pokédex game (missing Celebi and Arceus), as well as my one of every Pokémon game (missing Celebi, Arceus, Snubbull, Granbull, Shroomish, Gulpin and Swalot, most of them for stupid reasons). I can't imagine myself bothering to do it on any others.

Draknir
2nd June 2009, 12:33 AM
I've completed the 'dex in Pearl, aside from Arceus. I'm not even attempting to complete it again.

coolespeon
2nd June 2009, 3:41 AM
Actually, complete the most as possible in LG and sapphire and then, transfer to diamond, but with HG/SS, maybe, I´ll have to trade a lot.

tom-tom
2nd June 2009, 3:45 AM
i need one more on emerald currently(for the prize)
i have completed it on fr/lg(waste of time)
and am yet to complete it on pearl

Escape Reality
9th June 2009, 2:16 AM
i first started to complete a pokedex on my diamond, then when i did, i've moved to my platinum. :) but now, i don't really care anymore if i complete it or not...

Lucariofan-atic
10th June 2009, 4:41 AM
i keep my completed pokedex in my diamond, i trade it from my cousin's DS, and i need 3 hours to trade the pokemon from my diamond to my platinum

EspeonMaster
10th June 2009, 10:22 AM
My first (and last probably) attempt of completing the PokeDex was in Fire Red.I captured all 150 Pokemon.After that I have dedicated my entire life in chaining!

Handsome
10th June 2009, 10:25 AM
I don't have a completed PokeDex and I don't plan on getting one. It takes too much hard work and I have no motivation at all...

EspeonMaster
10th June 2009, 10:32 AM
I don't plan on getting one.

That is not an option.You have to get a PokeDex.You don't have to complete it!

Handsome
10th June 2009, 10:37 AM
Just like I said...

I don't have a completed PokeDex and I don't plan on getting one, meaning a completed PokeDex!

Use your common sense.

Blivsey
10th June 2009, 5:09 PM
I have the completed Dex on Diamond. I might complete it on Platinum one day, but for now I'm too lazy.

Ludi-Cola
10th June 2009, 8:55 PM
I've never completed the National Dex, but I'm trying v. hard this time! Diamond is the only 4th gen game I have and w/ many trades I currently have 394 own, 395 seen (Palkia your ??? slot makes me sad. I need to find a way to obtain it, but the GTS offers are too lopsided)
I'll make an effort on HG/SS too! I only have one DS so don't have a way to transfer my Sinnoh rarities. I suppose I could borrow one from a friend or poss. even buy/recieve a DSi between now & then and make a decision on which cart to keep rarities. But it's too far off for me to fret abt right now.

Sailor Saturn
10th June 2009, 9:33 PM
The only one I've completed is Pearl. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to compelte Platinum, don't know if I want to do all that work. But I'm moving through the story right now, I might feel different after I've done that part.

Beotium
10th June 2009, 9:34 PM
Since Red/Blue finishing the pokedex is the thing I enjoyed the most..I got the gold.version->pokedex full, ruby-> full, diamond->full, you see, right?
So it's mostly the second star after beating the E4. To sad that until now there still be gaps for Pokemon like Celebi..

pkfan
10th June 2009, 9:47 PM
I have a completed pokedex on ruby because of fun, and another completed in Pearl because of the GTS, but I´m not any interested in completing it on platinum neither on HS/SS

CrossTheRoad
11th June 2009, 6:30 PM
Well, its entirely up to you, but you gatta have different games used for different reasons. Ex. I use my Platinum for battling, and my diamond for the pokedex.

Kyogre35
11th June 2009, 7:11 PM
I have two games with completed Pokedex's...both not cheated...Sapphire and Diamond. I usually try to get all the Pokemon ingame that I can then trade to get the rest. Diamond took forever.

Edit: Lv up! Gwah...I hate Geodude.

KingRaichu
12th June 2009, 3:40 AM
On my Platinum game, as it is possible for me to actually get the Pokedex in it. All i need r the jkohto starters and legendary dogs and I'm set...

Nana
12th June 2009, 11:37 PM
I honestly tried to complete the Pokedex in Crystal, but I've sort of given up seeing that none of those Pokemon can be transferred over to the new generations anyway.

Now, I'll try to get all the Pokemon in Platinum. It'll probably be the only game I try to get every available Pokemon.

Still, I catch every Pokemon in-game possible from every game. Also, in my other two games, LeafGreen and Emerald, I try to fill the National Dexes at the very least. If I get HGSS, I'll probably only try to fill the Johto Dex.

-Vulpix-
13th June 2009, 2:35 AM
I just completed my pokemon pearl pokedex. I probably have the ability to do it again in Pokemon Diamond. But I just don't feel like trading all of my pokemon from pearl to diamond. I may try to do Heart gold, Soul Silver.

I think I also completed a pokedex in R/B/Y probably once and probably G/S/C once too not sure which game I did them in though.

Kai678
13th June 2009, 4:12 AM
The way I do it is I keep the pokemon that are not common in the next game and leave out the ones that are easy to get.

ground tamer
13th June 2009, 4:24 AM
I've never caught all the pokemon in the pokedex, but I really don't want to. I keep my important pokemon over on my first Pearl version. I then have one of each other game (Another Pearl, one Diamond, one Platinum, and atleast one of each 3rd gen. game) which I usually will reset over and over again. I then trade anything valuble over to the first Pearl.

When HG/SS come out, I plan on buying just one of each game and trade anything of worth over to that Pearl version. However, I may buy two Gold versions, and keep one as a "hold all HG/SS valubles".

The Dean of Suds
13th June 2009, 10:37 PM
I have completed pokedex's on sapphire, emerald, and diamond, and I'm working on my platinum, about a hundred more to go.

Pokefan0234
18th June 2009, 7:29 AM
I have it completed on Emerald... and I need Arceus on Platinum....

foxyman1167
24th June 2009, 4:40 PM
I have one completed on my LeafGreen, actually its 380/386, the only one I need that isn't an event is Latias, and I'm hunting that on Emerald.

As for 4th gen, I am starting to finish my Pearl pokedex, 300/493.

The Flash
24th June 2009, 6:00 PM
I don't like the Pokedex. When there were only like 250 i thought that the goal would be easy, but now with almost 500 it seems near impossible. That is too much for me, even if i take baby steps. But meh...just my thoughts.

Krake
24th June 2009, 6:03 PM
Diamond is the first time I've ever completed my Pokedex, and I might try to complete it in HGSS.

Shadow Arceus
26th June 2009, 7:51 PM
I only completed my Pokedex on Diamond, on Sapphire I'm not even going to bother -_-

kcmblue96
26th June 2009, 7:55 PM
I keep it in my pocket!

ayeeprill
28th June 2009, 5:20 PM
I've never completed a Pokedex - I don't see the point. I've come close to completing the Hoenn Dex on Sapphire (191 out of 202) but that's about it. I might try to do it on Platinum.

.Bright Side.
29th June 2009, 8:22 AM
I completed my Diamond except for Celebi and Deoxys. I'll end up just shifting most of them to HG/SS or finishing my gBA game sand uploading the Pokemon from there.

Thunderstarry
29th June 2009, 6:11 PM
The first time I bothered trying to get a complete National Dex was recently on Pearl, when I finally had wi-fi access at home. Before then, there was no point trying because none of my friends play Pokémon. Thank goodness for wi-fi. ^^ Now I have 491/492 (missing Deoxys) and the third star on my trainer card. |D When I get either HG or SS, I might shift most of my pokémon over, but only if I end up buying a DS Lite to replace my DS Phat.

Dezzy
1st July 2009, 5:12 PM
I haven't got a complete Pokedex but Diamond is my 'master game'. I use Pearl to start a new game if I get bored and I use Platinum for it's online. All the legendaries and rare pokemon are kept on my Diamond game unless I trade them over to be used in Platinum.

Blivsey
1st July 2009, 6:27 PM
I traded a lot of them away for other Pokémon, to complete the Dex among other things. Many others ended up on MPR. A lot of them still exist on my Diamond, though, just for the purpose of trading fodder.

COKTAL
1st July 2009, 6:31 PM
I completed my Ruby's National dex (well, minus Deoyxs, but I've got one on Diamond, so that counts). I have like nothing on there now, but I won't reset due to having it fully complete.

PKMN Legend Anthony
3rd July 2009, 12:23 PM
i completed Emerald and close Diamond. Im adamant that ill complete my Plat pokedex before Silver!

Assassino
4th July 2009, 1:21 PM
I've completed my pearl just the other day :D now i'm working on EV training all my favourites/strongest pokemon for platinum.

derekkoch
4th July 2009, 1:30 PM
I complete my FRLG thne use those to finish RSE then use all 5 of those to complete DPPt and eventually i'll use those to do HGSS

PkmnmstrJJ
5th July 2009, 12:51 AM
ive got almsot all the pokemon in my fire red except Ho-oH i just cant find a way to get in the 3rd gen

and my diamond is either comepleted or near comepltion cant remember which (busy playing platinum)

and before FR/LG/Collosum came out I comepleted the Hoenn dex in Ruby and I did it again in Emeerald just to get Cyndaquil

Micha
5th July 2009, 12:57 PM
I completed Yellow & Silver... Got to like 280 in Ruby and my Diamond is currently on 400-409 so that will be the one I'm completing out of the DPP games.
While I do also kinda have the feeling that it's a waste of time as they are making new games all the time, I will probably still complete Soulsilver when it comes out.
2nd gen is my favorite and the only reason I don't play it anymore is cus I get bored with the slow gameplay and such(which was fine back then when there was no better alternative xD)

Calm PokeMaster
7th July 2009, 1:35 PM
I completed my Pokedex only in Pearl.I haven't bothered to complete it in Platinum.