PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Catch Em All

BlueEew
16th May 2009, 5:27 PM
Well, when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was announced a couple years back. I decided that when I get the games I will challenge myself to catch all 493 Pokemon. I know a lot of people have all 492 Pokemon excluding Arceus, but the difference with me is that I'm NOT;

Using any of my OLD GBA/GC games.
No hacking, cloning.
No trading with old games, or other people online.
No use of Glitches.

Basically starting a fresh. Actually obtaining all the Pokemon myself. This is the most legit way possible as a lot of Pokemon trading about are Clones, or Hacked. Especially the rare Event Pokemon such as Mew, Celebi, etc.

So I bought Diamond, and Pearl. Also I bought a new copy of FireRed, Ruby, and Pokemon Colosseum. I have now obtained 440 Pokemon out of the 493. I have Darkrai, and Shaymin, and loads of other normal and some legends that I need on my Platinum Japanese. However I need another DS to trade. (I guess I need to upgrade anyways, I still have the oldest model).

Anyways; just wondering if anyone else on this forum also does the same as me? I know there are a lot of Anti-Hackers, and Anti-Cloners. Just wondering if anyone else is going through the extream lenths I am. :)

furrett
17th May 2009, 2:31 PM
well, your situation is kinda similar to mine...

I won't hack or clone, or glitch. Plus once I got diamond, I re started my ruby file, which is the only other pokemon game i have.

Although my goal isn't really to catch them all, getting A LOT is in my interest.

so far I only have 259.

Pyrax
17th May 2009, 2:42 PM
I'm a lot like as you, I've got around 410 Pokémon.
I've also basicly migrated every Pokémon that I need from the 3rd gen games.

good luck with the rest.

BlueEew
18th May 2009, 12:28 AM
well, your situation is kinda similar to mine...

I won't hack or clone, or glitch. Plus once I got diamond, I re started my ruby file, which is the only other pokemon game i have.

Although my goal isn't really to catch them all, getting A LOT is in my interest.

so far I only have 259.

Nice to see other people doing this, even if you are not trying to get em all. It's just good to see people not cloning, etc. :)

I'm a lot like as you, I've got around 410 Pokémon.
I've also basicly migrated every Pokémon that I need from the 3rd gen games.

good luck with the rest.

Thanks. :)

I have also migrated all Pokemon I need from Ruby, FireRed, and Collosseum. I have just bought new games instead of using old ones. (Damn, so hard to find brand new factory sealed GBA games).

There are two more Pokemon from Colosseum I need which are waiting to be transferred. And I need to evolve Shellgon into Salamence. EV training it, so I don't end up raising two. :)

That will make me at the 444 point. :)

Also good luck with your Pokedex Pyrax. :)