PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Solo Run?

CozartDono
19th May 2009, 8:45 PM
Guys I want to do a solo run through Platinum.

I've narrowed it down to three; help me choose? Either numbers of votes or best/most convincing reason to use one over the other wins.

;143; Snorlax

;448; Lucario

;006; Charizard

Ready go?

shiningsloth13
19th May 2009, 8:50 PM
Snorlax, cuz it's big and awesome. It's also a Normal Type, which is tied with Electric for the fewest weaknesses. It may not be super-effective against anything, but it can learn some purty AWESOME non-Normal attacks.

So, Snorlax.

CozartDono
19th May 2009, 8:53 PM
I was leaning towards Snorlax because whenever I make a team, I never have a place for him, but he's tied with Onix for my favorite Pokemon.

SteelArson
19th May 2009, 9:04 PM
Snorlax, its got the best defences out of all 3 of them and it has pretty sweet attack to back that up, win win all the way (Y)

CozartDono
19th May 2009, 9:07 PM
So this was the moveset I was thinking of using for SNorlax. Mind you, this is completely based on pure type coverage.

Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Brick Break, Ice Punch.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of an attack for Water types.

shiningsloth13
19th May 2009, 11:06 PM
Hrmm, I suggest you replace ZenHeadbutt with something akin to Thunderbolt. Or maybe Solarbeam.

Light Venusaur
20th May 2009, 3:14 PM
I like Goku......uh, I mean Lucario.
Cos s/he can be pretty fast & learn most moves that it's weak against.

CozartDono
20th May 2009, 9:24 PM
Well I put Zen Headbutt in there so Snorlax could fend off Fighting Types. But maybe there's a way around this?

BynineB
20th May 2009, 9:29 PM
Those are some boring solo runs.. They won't be very hard, I'd imagine.
Charmander, Riolu, or Munchlax would be a better idea.

CozartDono
20th May 2009, 9:39 PM
It would be fun for me because I never get to use Snorlax.

shiningsloth13
22nd May 2009, 7:37 PM
'Kay then, I suggest you replace BrickBreak.

foxyman1167
25th May 2009, 9:16 PM
Guys I want to do a solo run through Platinum.

I've narrowed it down to three; help me choose? Either numbers of votes or best/most convincing reason to use one over the other wins.

;143; Snorlax

;448; Lucario

;006; Charizard

Ready go?

Lucario is the most balanced of the three, with a huge movepool to cover any weakness. Instead of a solo run, why not use all three?

Miltank Lover
27th May 2009, 10:48 AM
I think Charizard is the most challenging one therefor go with him.

CozartDono
28th May 2009, 4:52 PM
Truth be told I've been using Snorlax. My main reason for doing the Solo run in the first place is to blaze through the main game quickly. I had a save file on Pearl (Over 200 hours...) and for whatever reason the save battery has stopped working. So I want to get Platinum through the main game so I can work on getting back what I lost. Luckily I didn't lose what event Pokemon I had. Hence why I don't want to use three over one; because one is much quicker.

scarecrow_stitches
29th May 2009, 8:12 AM
I would probably have chosen Charizard, but then again I'm partial to him since he was my fave back in the day.

Screeling
25th June 2009, 11:01 PM
Snorlax all the way.

shuckle_master
1st July 2009, 2:58 AM
I think if you choose any of those Pokemon that you should start with their firs form

Munchlax ;446;

Riolu ;447;

Charmander ;004;

so I think you should use munchlax ;446;

tom-tom
1st July 2009, 7:58 AM
how about wooper instead?