PDA

View Full Version : What Was You're First Impression of D/P

Archon
20th May 2009, 9:50 AM
My First Impression Was HOLY MILOTIC It Was 3D Something I'd Never Seen For Hand Held Pokemon Games

Archon
20th May 2009, 9:51 AM
Then... I SAW BIDOOF!

elite ralf
20th May 2009, 9:54 AM
was this thread made just only you could say HOLY MILOTIC? lol

I'd say the first impression would be the improved graphics

Archon
20th May 2009, 9:57 AM
1.st No lol I thought of that while i was writing :) 2nd I Agree With Graphics But They Made BIDOOF It Chuckled at me :( Then I Kicked It's But :)

elite ralf
20th May 2009, 9:59 AM
HOORAY lol

/sarcasm

Archon
20th May 2009, 10:00 AM
* Milotic Laughs IN The Distance * What Was You're First Caught Poke?

Tomic2505
21st May 2009, 1:13 AM
such a long time ago... at least it seems like it. For me it didn't really seem that different to me compared to the other games. The great graphics had to be the biggest thing for me. After beating the game and then going back to playing Gold and Silver again, it made G/S look terrible. It just goes to show you how much the games have improved.

Archon
21st May 2009, 3:07 AM
Yes It Does Hopefully They'll AWE us WitH The Remakes Of G/S

Xashlei
21st May 2009, 4:16 AM
... You like echoing every post you get, don't you. XD;

SLOW. I preferred walking speed in Hoenn, and not to mention Surf. OWELL...

80's Rocker
21st May 2009, 4:14 PM
My first thought was this is cool, but why does lucas look stupid and why does my rival act like a moron?.

Zazie
21st May 2009, 4:34 PM
I read the Strategy guide first so my thougts were onlly 150 Pokemon that's too little.My second thought was Hurray Glaceon! My third was now that there are 7 eeveelutions you can't have a team with one of each. My fourth was I wish I had my own DS.

Chaotic Houndoom
21st May 2009, 5:23 PM
When I saw the graphics, it was awesome, I had to get the game. @_@
Plus, it looked more fun to play.

SanguisArcangel
21st May 2009, 5:30 PM
I was hyped for the game since I had heard about it on here, then when release came close I just got more and more stoked for it to come out. I couldn't wait anymore, my first real impression upon playing it was basically just a wide-eye'd wow. It was everything I'd expected, then again everytime a new pokemon game has been coming out and I've been waiting for it I've always been wow'd. I think Gold and Silver were the first I was really waiting for, I remember I just got Blue when it came out though because I liked the show back then.

H3R0
21st May 2009, 5:44 PM
I Was Like Amazed. Gamefreak Pulled It Off Yet Again.
Everything Was So Colorful and Sharp.

foxyman1167
21st May 2009, 5:48 PM
I first thought it was going to ruin the Pokémon franchise, but then I realised what actually happened, and not what I thought would happen.

joker0187
21st May 2009, 5:54 PM
well, thanks to d/p is the reason i came back to pokemon
i was really amazed with the graphics. apart from that, i was really impressed with the idea of international trade and battles, that was my reason to come back to pokemon.
cant what surprises they have for us in g/s remakes

Sakura_Paine
21st May 2009, 5:58 PM
Well i was truly amazed myself..... ::sniffles:: takes me back a few years to when 2D was awsome

Sakura_Paine
21st May 2009, 6:01 PM
... You like echoing every post you get, don't you. XD;

SLOW. I preferred walking speed in Hoenn, and not to mention Surf. OWELL...

thank god for platnium's surf right LOL.... ahh good times

Alloute
21st May 2009, 6:41 PM
I thought Sinnoh would be fresh and free, like the signpost says.

I didn't know there would be deserts, volcanoes, and less water routes.

Sakura_Paine
21st May 2009, 7:00 PM
OMG i disliked the water routes... well in everygame i hated water.

Alloute
21st May 2009, 7:02 PM
OMG i disliked the water routes... well in everygame i hated water.

.....yet you need to travel on water to get to major locations.

I noticed that snow was not utilized properly.

Satoshi 91
21st May 2009, 10:22 PM
My first impression was the graphics obviously. They were just such an improvement on the 3rd Gen. I also liked the fact that the battle menus were on the touch screen, I hate going back to the old games for this reason.

coolespeon
22nd May 2009, 12:16 AM
uhm... I saw dialga on the box and I got very happy but then, I saw bidoof. but the game reinvicated in a good story, and some good pokemon.

Pokefan0234
22nd May 2009, 2:15 AM
My first impression of D/P... "Are those even Pokemon?"

But the graphics were good, though. :)

*green_vulpix*
22nd May 2009, 3:06 AM
I was amazed by the enhanced graphics and such...
I was also intrigued by the new Pokemon (since at the time, I was purposely not visiting Pokemon sites so I wouldn't be "spoiled" by anything).
Otherwise...I enjoyed it like every other Pokemon game I've played.

BynineB
22nd May 2009, 3:10 AM
"That weird star bird thing has an absolutely retarded cry..."
I quote myself humbly.

Indy
22nd May 2009, 7:01 AM
A certain Rock usin' Gym Leader...

Yeah. I liked his appearnce.

Plus.. the return of night and day.

Tadashi
22nd May 2009, 7:28 AM
My first impression was the graphics obviously. They were just such an improvement on the 3rd Gen. I also liked the fact that the battle menus were on the touch screen, I hate going back to the old games for this reason.

This, pretty much.

I was amazed at how the graphics were just such a massive improvement... just brilliant, really ^^ I'd already gotten the low-down on the Pokémon and storyline from the main site & forums, so all that was left to experience was the graphics, really.

maxim565
22nd May 2009, 12:15 PM
When the first time I play Diamond, I see the head size of the character sprites is bigger...

And Bidoof save my life

Lucazard
22nd May 2009, 12:25 PM
I wa slike, what a beautiful game. Then the rival, what an ***.

Cobalt_Electrike
22nd May 2009, 12:39 PM
I thought that the storyline was very cool and that they had done a great deal of graphics.

But then Barry came along.....

YamadaHachiko
22nd May 2009, 11:01 PM
I thought it was awesome that they came up with the idea of online battling. ^^ I had wanted something like that in the game for years, so I was really excited! :p

So much, that I saved up for a DS lite just so I could play Diamond, heh...

YamadaHachiko
22nd May 2009, 11:30 PM
I thought it was awesome that they came up with the idea of online battling. ^^ I had wanted something like that in the game for years, so I was really excited! :p

So much, that I saved up for a DS lite just so I could play Diamond, heh...

Beotium
25th May 2009, 12:16 AM
The whole Underground-thing excited me. I loved the secret base.idea of the third Gen. and now there was a whole new world under the world..

Virtuos
26th May 2009, 9:16 AM
the touch screen move option etcetera etcetera and underground. lol, first game in the ds :D

masteroftechnique
27th May 2009, 12:31 PM
tied between, bidoofus :P and meh i miss the first 251 pokemon -_-

TrainerCasey
27th May 2009, 12:56 PM
"Ughhh more pokemon!?"
When I tell people I still playPokemon, The first question they always ask is "How many Pokemon do they have now?" and Im always like "Like around 500."

I like that its more of a challenge but Sinnoh pokemon dont compare to Kanto or Johto. =\

Cruisercard
31st May 2009, 4:00 AM
I remember from my Diamond first few hours:
Losing to a trainer the first time. ( I lost to te same trainer on Platinum!)
Watching the animation at the start and being excited.
Seeing the badge case.

DarkestWish7706
31st May 2009, 4:18 AM
"I f***ing hate Bidoof..."

christiandeath77
31st May 2009, 4:23 AM
"I f***ing hate Bidoof..."

Same here, and this may be sigged.

wtf
31st May 2009, 4:50 AM
First time I saw it was in a shopping centre. Did not like it at all. I did not have a DS yet but thought the graphics strange.
However as I was going through the trial version the shop offered, I got more into it and ended up buying a DS specifically for it.

drtomoe123
31st May 2009, 5:02 AM
Well, my first impression was that I wouldn't come out feeling completely disappointed.

Remember when R/S came out, and everyone just assumed that Johto and/or Kanto would be in the game...and when everyone realized that there was no Kanto/Johto? That was crushing. It completely ruined my first impression of R/S.

Emerald completely made up for that, though. :D

ScorpioStarmie
3rd June 2009, 12:34 AM
I though I wouldn't like it b/c the graphics seemed weird. I ended up liking it alot. I wished past pokemon games could have come out like this one :-/

cascade88
3rd June 2009, 12:40 AM
Initially, I wasn't thrilled. Incorporating the touch screen seemed odd to me. Now though, of course, I can't imagine not using it, since it makes things so much easier.

crimsonsapphire92
3rd June 2009, 3:20 AM
My first thoughts..."Ew, what are those hideous things they're trying to pull off as Pokemon."
Well, not really...at least not until I saw Bibarel ._.
That passed the minute I got the game. :D

charigod
10th June 2009, 11:12 PM
my first was "what the heck?! you have to click the attacks?!" but i got used to it