PDA

View Full Version : Have you caught the 28 Unown Forms yet?

mespritchaser
23rd May 2009, 12:57 PM
I wanted to see the rest of the Ruin Maniac Cave so I went to the Solaceon Ruins to try catching the Alphabet Forms of Unown. I mostly caught them with Quick Balls, but I also caught some with Ultra and Dusk Balls. I succeeded catching all of them and I was able to go to Solaceon via Ruin Maniac Cave. >^o^> Then, I went to the end of the Ruin Maniac Cave to catch the Punctuation Forms of Unown. XD
Did you have the same experience as mine? ^_^

Torterra12
23rd May 2009, 1:29 PM
yes i have also done that i caught all mine in ultra's and dusk balls

elite ralf
23rd May 2009, 1:33 PM
I caught them all and kept them in a special box, with the Plain Theme and named the box UNOWN. lol

ManiaCrasH
23rd May 2009, 1:46 PM
Not yet

I try catch them another time

Nytestryke
23rd May 2009, 1:54 PM
I caught them all and kept them in a special box, with the Plain Theme and named the box UNOWN. lol

Lol. I did the same. Even with the Box. Just that I called it Unown X (because I made all of my box names end with X, for some reason *shrug*).

yaminokame
23rd May 2009, 2:00 PM

That's what I did lol ^^ I was hoping that collecting them all would show for more than just a rare candy T_T

shiningsloth13
23rd May 2009, 2:03 PM
I'm only missing three Unown (not counting ! and ?). Yeah, I keep my Unown in a box called 'UnownBox' XP

Dramatic Melody
23rd May 2009, 2:09 PM
I have, but in Platinum, coz I have no space in my Pearl's box.

Unown W was a pain to find.

mespritchaser
23rd May 2009, 2:12 PM
When I`m bored, I switch my Unowns from place to place so that I can spell my name. LMAO. xDDDDD

Pyrax
23rd May 2009, 4:24 PM
I have.
I keep them in a separate box.

TurtwigFan1
23rd May 2009, 4:27 PM
I have, but X was so hard to find! I had 25 of the Alphabet Unown and I spent hours searching for just one X. I eventually found it and placed them in my Unown Box. They're all nicknamed after their shape, from A-?.

Zenotwapal
23rd May 2009, 4:30 PM
NO. Notta chance i'll catch them all anytime soon.

noobiess
23rd May 2009, 4:32 PM
I never even teried that.. I once catched unowns to get a hippototas but that's it... I don't see the point of wasting your time on unowns...

Miltank Lover
23rd May 2009, 7:23 PM
I might actually try it some day, sounds like fun and frustration at the same time :D

Beotium
23rd May 2009, 10:49 PM
Since G/S I caught all Unowns at the very first point ..Needless to say that on my first Maniac-visit lead me to the last two...

coolespeon
24th May 2009, 8:28 PM
For me it was a full day of unown and finally got them all. The most difficult for me was unown E and the signs I didn´t realized that the cave of ruin maniac send me to that room.

SkittyGirl07
24th May 2009, 8:39 PM
No I haven't caught all 28 Unown. But I have caught a lot of them. It's just hard to remember which ones I've caught and which ones I haven't.

Munchy.42
24th May 2009, 8:51 PM
I was actually quite lazy, and just migrated them all from FireRed xD

Although, that might of taken longer actually :/

But still, it was worth it to finally be able to get to the place with ! and ? in :D

COKTAL
24th May 2009, 9:00 PM
In Diamond, I've gotten around 1/2 of them now. I usually just go into the cave to catch them whenever I get bored or dont have anything better to do. But yeah, mine have their own box, and I'm keeping them in alphabetic order (so I can find out who I'm missing).

mespritchaser
25th May 2009, 5:52 AM
In Diamond, I've gotten around 1/2 of them now. I usually just go into the cave to catch them whenever I get bored or dont have anything better to do. But yeah, mine have their own box, and I'm keeping them in alphabetic order (so I can find out who I'm missing).

That`s nice. I also alphabetize them. XD I`m even planning to give them names, all 28 of them, cause I forgot. :-? XD

Joshp123
27th May 2009, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry, but can someone delete my posts above?
I keep trying to delete it, because it posted multiple times, and it keeps sending me to a page that says this:

"Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

Please delete it, it's not my fault, something is acting up. :(

EDIT:
Don't worry, I fixed it.
I honestly don't what just happened, I've never had that problem before. :s

Pokemontrainer1997
30th May 2009, 7:28 PM
Not yet. I'm going to be doing that after all my teams are ready.

pichu96
30th May 2009, 7:30 PM
No, but I'm going to eventually!

MKFC
30th May 2009, 7:32 PM
Not yet, but I've caught 7 of the forms so far

latios reborn
30th May 2009, 7:32 PM
Got 1 left

Auraninja
30th May 2009, 7:42 PM
I caught all 28 Unown in my Pokemon Pearl. I even caught a shiny Unown while I was doing it.

Too Funk to Druck
30th May 2009, 7:44 PM
I did on my Pearl because I was extremely bored at the time.

Yellow Aura
30th May 2009, 8:50 PM
Yes, on my Diamond and Platinum.

Witchan
30th May 2009, 9:49 PM
Yes, I did, and it was terribly annoys just because of the rare Hippopotas I was planning to catch with my teh Ultra Ball. :)

Thunderstarry
31st May 2009, 12:37 PM
Yup, got them all on Pearl. Though I got a surprise when I was showing them to the alphabet sticker kid - the one I thought was a G was actually a V, and the one I thought was V (because its "tail" looks like a V) was the G. Those two really confuse me. o.o

Lucario_Dragon
31st May 2009, 3:20 PM
I have now but strangely, I could go through maniac's cave after beating the E4 (but before catching all of the forms).

christiandeath77
31st May 2009, 3:38 PM
Yea, but just for the sake of having the dex done.

ThunderMage51
1st June 2009, 2:56 AM
I've caught every 28 of them. It only took about ... I believe 8 or 9 hours all together. Named them and gave all of them a box to live in till that moment of death. The only thing hard about it was finding them (expect the easy ones). Then a friend of mine wanted every one of them. 'Hey! Unown Pain! Nice to see ya again. Anyway, want ta help make me go into some random state that will not make me move for 3 hours?' The pain (and the move Pain)!

My reason for having the Unown: I like Unown. Ever since I used them Pokemon Statium 2 (I didn't know about the whole 'put gold into this slot' so yeah... hi retails. You're all okay! Though I was good with them.) and KOing several people (=D They were Evil little Eyes of Hidden Power-ness! ... -.- WTF?).

Edit: I feel like an idiot now...

RedMoogleXIII
8th June 2009, 3:28 AM
I caught them all in D/P/Pt. I usually get them when I dont have much else to do and get them all for Pokeball seals. Usually all are caught in Dusk Balls.

Dizzee
8th June 2009, 4:13 PM
I have them all in my Diamond, will do it sometime too in my Platinum..

charigod
11th June 2009, 2:01 PM
yup, i caught all of them =). i love my question mark one that i name "que"

The Flash
12th June 2009, 7:34 PM
i haven't. but plan on it...if i can find my diamond game. i have like 10 of them, so i'm making progress. i mainly caught them for the hippo pokemon. i can't remember his name. damn it.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
12th June 2009, 7:43 PM
I own all 28 different forms of Unown.

Lucariofan-atic
13th June 2009, 3:35 PM
No, i just only look for the rest of them, only 5 more

Escape Reality
13th June 2009, 3:37 PM
i haven't caught them all. i have half i think, on my fire red, but some are harder to find than others, i think. (not counting the ! and ?) though i haven't gone back to try to catch the rest... XD

Blivsey
13th June 2009, 5:32 PM
Yup. Once they become available, I make it a point to fill a box with all the Unowns in every game they're in.

mxe567
13th June 2009, 7:28 PM
I never actually tried to catch them all...I might though just to get the last two which I didn't know about...but not soon because I can just imagine the pain of getting them all

Mattyz
13th June 2009, 7:31 PM
I did it in Diamond! :D Haven't done it in Platinum yet, I'll do it later and yeah I also use a special box called Unown where I have them listed alphabetically! :P

The Dean of Suds
13th June 2009, 9:28 PM
Yup, although it's a bit tedious getting them all.

ground tamer
13th June 2009, 9:37 PM
I did this either in my Pearl version once. It took like 2 hours but I actually trained up a bit more then I needed to in there...

spacialrend_palkia
14th June 2009, 4:58 AM
I've caught them all both in pearl and platinum. I go to the unown ruins bringing only my gallade with false swipe and catch 5, then go to the boy who gives unown seals before storing them in a separate box in my PC. And I nickname them like unown A, unown B...

DannyB01
14th June 2009, 2:43 PM
lol yeah, I have all of them placed in a box called UNOWN, had to do it just so there wouldn't be any areas left in the game I hadn't seen lol

they're totally worthless pokemon though haha

DannyB01
14th June 2009, 2:45 PM
I did this either in my Pearl version once. It took like 2 hours but I actually trained up a bit more then I needed to in there...

Yeah, they make great EV training for a mixed sweeper - 1 EV in Atk and Sp.Atk every time, and they're week and slow so it's good fun.

SHINY CATCHER
14th June 2009, 3:32 PM
I caught them all on my diamond just so that I could get the letter seals

milo05
14th June 2009, 4:06 PM
No, for me, it's a waste of time =P

Luxe
15th June 2009, 12:33 AM
I caught them all in pearl, but I think there should be a period Unknown thats just an eye and a comma Unknown that is an eye with a goatee. I hate having those extra 2 spaces in my unkown box.

BynineB
15th June 2009, 12:48 AM
What's the need of it? Stickers?
You can catch Hippowdon easily on Route 228.

Devils725
15th June 2009, 2:39 AM
I haven't caught all of them yet, but I plan on doing it this week

sunny13
15th June 2009, 3:11 AM
I did on Pearl. I'm not on Plat. though, it just wasted a whole box on Pearl. :p

◘Ins0mnIac◘
15th June 2009, 3:31 AM
In Pearl I did but I'm waiting till I finish with the E4 in Platinum.

Quite a challenge actually.

*Jean Grey*
15th June 2009, 4:09 AM
I did on Diamond, I have a full box dedicated to them....II even caught extras spelling the letters of my name, Diane, and placed them in a separate box

zlxq3000
15th June 2009, 7:18 AM
Yes. They're currently sitting on my Ranch, and will be put into Pearl in their own little box when I get around to it.

Sekka245
15th June 2009, 6:01 PM
I have in Platinum. I wasn't interested in doing it in Pearl. I thought it would have been easy at first since they were all in one place, but figuring out where they were exactly (in there) was the hard part.

limitedmage
18th June 2009, 6:02 AM
Ugh, I'm still missing B, Y, ? and !. I do have all the others in a special box nice and organized, though.

Pokefan0234
18th June 2009, 6:22 AM
Yep. Got em' all on Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I do it for the seals.