PDA

View Full Version : Zoning Out...

Excitable Boy
25th May 2009, 9:07 PM
Modified Magnezone deck, almost finished, yada yada yada yada.

Pogeymanz

1x Magnezone Lv.X
1x Magnezone DP
1x Magnezone SF (5)
1x Magnezone DP32
2x Magneton SF (43)
4x Magnemite SF (67)
2x Electrode SF (36)
2x Voltorb SW
2x Jirachi RR
1x Togepi
1x Togekiss

Twainorz

4x Bebe's Search
4x Roseanne's Research
4x Rare Candy
4x Poké Healer +
2x Warp Point
2x Professor Oak's Visit
2x Conductive Quarry
2x Leftovers
1x Luxury Ball

Energeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8x Lightning Energy
5x Metal Energy
4x Special Metal Energy

Excitable Boy
11th August 2009, 1:14 AM
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.

GalladeTheGreat
11th August 2009, 10:10 PM
Pokemon
1x Magnezone Lv.X
1x Magnezone SF (5)
1x Magnezone SF (6)
2x Magneton SF (43)
4x Magnemite SF (67)
2x Jirachi LA
4x Baltoy GE
2x Claydol GE

Trainers

2x Bebe's Search
2x Roseanne's Research
2x Rare Candy
2x Warp Point
2x Pokémon Rescue
x4 Poke Healer +
2x Professor Oak's Visit
2x Conductive Quarry
2x Leftovers
1x Luxury Ball

Energeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8x Lightning Energy
4x Metal Energy
4x Special Metal Energy
4x Fighting Energy

Added some more Baltoy's & Claydols and removed a magnezone because you had 3. Also I think you had too many trainers so I took some of those out. Finally I added some fighting energy's for that Claydol.

Excitable Boy
25th August 2009, 6:00 PM
Changes implemented.

blue furret
26th August 2009, 2:18 PM
So I like Jirachi but in this deck all I can see is it's an extra Roseanne or Bebe's Search? If that's worth it then cool but if it's not you might drop it for something that does a little more.

BTW right now you have 10 basic pokemon. Have you tested the deck to see how often you have to mulligan? 12 seems like a better number here. Why do you have 20 energy in a deck with only 17 pokemon (most of which aren't even attacking) With Magnezone and Roseanne you can search out a fair bit of it but how many times are you getting flooded with too much energy? Just a question because I'm still learning how to construct a deck but it seems like a really high ratio with Conductive Quarry and both Magnezones.

You might consider Dialga from MD with the Adamant Orb on it or the one with Reverse time from Platinum. The other Dialga from Platinum with Time Aura could be really good too. (I'm not sure if Infernape and Luxray LVL X require them to level up the active pokemon or not but if so then Dialga with Time Aura is pretty good here)

SkittyOnWailord
26th August 2009, 3:08 PM
Why the SW Voltorb? I would use the shiny one from SF. It has more HP and better attacks. I would also take out the 2 Jirachi for 2 Uxie.

Well, that's my advice.

Excitable Boy
26th August 2009, 4:10 PM
So I like Jirachi but in this deck all I can see is it's an extra Roseanne or Bebe's Search? If that's worth it then cool but if it's not you might drop it for something that does a little more.

I'm experimenting with both of the Jirachis, and I've been really considering just using one of each.

BTW right now you have 10 basic pokemon. Have you tested the deck to see how often you have to mulligan? 12 seems like a better number here. Why do you have 20 energy in a deck with only 17 pokemon (most of which aren't even attacking) With Magnezone and Roseanne you can search out a fair bit of it but how many times are you getting flooded with too much energy? Just a question because I'm still learning how to construct a deck but it seems like a really high ratio with Conductive Quarry and both Magnezones.

I know it seems high, but three of my four Magnezones need lots of Energy in order to perform. (Well, okay, maybe they don't NEED all of that Energy, but it really, really helps.)

You might consider Dialga from MD with the Adamant Orb on it or the one with Reverse time from Platinum. The other Dialga from Platinum with Time Aura could be really good too. (I'm not sure if Infernape and Luxray LVL X require them to level up the active pokemon or not but if so then Dialga with Time Aura is pretty good here)

I'll look into that. Thanks for the rate!

Why the SW Voltorb? I would use the shiny one from SF. It has more HP and better attacks.

I would, but I only have one shiny Voltorb. Plus, I actually rarely even use Voltorb to battle, and when I do, Speed Ball gets the job done.

I would also take out the 2 Jirachi for 2 Uxie.

Well, that's my advice.

I don't know about taking out Jirachi, but I do think that Uxie would really help me out. Thanks for the advice!

blue furret
26th August 2009, 4:40 PM
Have you thought about Secret Wonders Electrode? It's not going to deal damage like Radiance but it has the nifty ability of not letting your opponent take a prize when the Electrode faints. Instead you get a free rainbow energy. And for Voltorbs if you were going to use it to attack I'd probably use the one from Storm Front with Outlet and Bouncing Ball.

Excitable Boy
12th September 2009, 6:14 PM
I may consider that. Thanks!

By the by, do you think that BTS or the DP44 Magnezone would have any use in this deck?

Shadow Eeveelution
12th September 2009, 8:35 PM
If you using 3 magnezone (exlcude lvl X)....

just run 3 magnemite

SkittyOnWailord
16th September 2009, 11:17 AM
If you using 3 magnezone (exlcude lvl X)....

just run 3 magnemite

And is there any theary behind that advice? (besides it being bad)

Shadow Eeveelution
17th September 2009, 2:06 PM
And is there any theary behind that advice? (besides it being bad)

Is let you save up space to use other pokemon or trainer/supporter.

Excitable Boy
17th September 2009, 10:34 PM
Count the number of Night Maintenance, Pokemon Rescue, and Palmer's Contribution I use, and tell me why your advice is bad.

If you can't, it's probably not just you.