PDA

View Full Version : Which one was the hardest to catch?

Kaori
26th May 2009, 6:44 PM
Well I am sure all of you must have had one or maybe even more legendaries that you had a hard time catching in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Which one was the hardest for you to catch? I would have to say Giratina because I didn't want to use my master ball and it was pretty strong.

Beotium
26th May 2009, 6:58 PM
Maybe Cresselia,the second runner Poke but I never got motivated to catch it anyway..

Kaori
26th May 2009, 7:04 PM
Cresselia was pretty easy for me to catch. My runner up would probably be Mesprit though.

Expert Evan
26th May 2009, 7:07 PM
Regice was 4 moves away from struggle when I captured it. calm regice 31/31/31/31/31/31

suicune lover
26th May 2009, 7:17 PM
Mespirit

Gah it took me forever to catch that thing

Kaori
26th May 2009, 7:19 PM
Mespirit

Gah it took me forever to catch that thing

I strongly agree. The most hardest part about it is how it just kept on moving.

Dark-Oracle
26th May 2009, 7:21 PM
I found it difficult to capture Mespirit, for some reason i just couldn't capture it and ended up using my Master Ball on it.

WynautQueen
26th May 2009, 10:39 PM
The Regis were the only ones that really gave me any trouble. I reset for natures with every legendary in the game, and these just guys gave me significantly more trouble than the rest.

TrainerCasey
26th May 2009, 10:51 PM
Cresselia kept getting away from me. =\

BTW, Shouldnt this be in polls?

LordVader2719
26th May 2009, 10:57 PM
Mesprit took longer for me to catch than Cresselia did.

diablo_200525
26th May 2009, 10:59 PM
Mine was i tie between Mesprit and Giratina. But i deicded to vote for Giratina because of the bad memories. It cost me 73 ultra balls, 23 dusk balls, 7 pokemon and 3 restarts before going to the Masterball for help :S

freakyboy05
26th May 2009, 11:08 PM
For me it was Heathran. That punk took me an hour and a half to catch. My brother was at school and I was at my grandma's house, think how awful it must be to be capturing a lava pokemon with an old lady who told me Pokemon was evil and diabolical when i was in the first grade...

sunny13
26th May 2009, 11:17 PM
Moltres and Registeel in Platinum. I still haven't got them, though I've tried several times. :/

foxyman1167
26th May 2009, 11:56 PM
Mesprit. It's still running, and has been running for the last 200 hours on my Pearl file. I caught Cresselia after I bumped into it with a Quick Ball, but I haven't seen Mesprit.

Banana Bloodplanet
27th May 2009, 12:34 AM
Giratina was the hardest for me to catch.

mewfanforlife
27th May 2009, 1:36 AM
For me, it was Cressalia because I had trouble running into it and then catching it.

TSL
27th May 2009, 2:13 AM
A wild Chatot. Seriously, it took 20+ ultra balls, and when I finally caught it, I named it something vulgar and put it on GTS. Now some poor chap has a Chatot named "****tard"

EDIT: I used Master Balls cloned from Emerald to catch all my legendaries so no problem there.

Kaori
27th May 2009, 2:38 AM
A wild Chatot. Seriously, it took 20+ ultra balls, and when I finally caught it, I named it something vulgar and put it on GTS. Now some poor chap has a Chatot named "****tard"

EDIT: I used Master Balls cloned from Emerald to catch all my legendaries so no problem there.

Sorry but this is not about the other regular pokemon but instead the legendaries.

Cresselia was pretty hard, but I found it easy to catch it with a Heal Ball.

Mankanshoku Mako
27th May 2009, 2:43 AM
giratina-O in platinum was the hrdest in the world. I got suicune and groudon in leafgreen and emerald so easily so I guess my luck changes a lot.

*rank up*

Sexmykeyboard
27th May 2009, 2:53 AM
God, I thought Heatran was the hardest. I swear, frozen, nearly 2 hp and 99 Ultra Balls... Ended up catching him with a regular pokeball -.-

empoleon49
27th May 2009, 9:58 AM
giratina or mesprit.

masteroftechnique
27th May 2009, 10:05 AM
Mesprit for me was a pain, and i had to in the end use the master ball i got from a friend, giratina was second hardest and had to use my own master ball on that.

Hell_fire
27th May 2009, 10:15 AM
giratina was cake pie :P
i still haven't caught my mespirit or cressila :P. will when im bored

mudkip master
27th May 2009, 12:00 PM
uxie in diemond took 6 trys and over 50 poke balls on the final try

MKFC
27th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Mesprit. I was planning to use my Master Ball on Cresselia, so catching this guy was hard as hell.

bigguy99
27th May 2009, 4:01 PM
Heatran, took me like eight tries! Twice I ran out of balls, and he ran out of moves! Ghaaaaaaaah!
;123;

Klozo
27th May 2009, 4:59 PM
Heatran definitely. Cresselia and Mesprit were both pathetically easy catches, thanks to my imported Wobbufett :) And I still have the Master Ball.

Jolley
27th May 2009, 5:13 PM
Regirock, took like 40 + ultra balls with 1hp and I had to keep putting him to sleep, thank god he didnt use struggle =/

joker0187
27th May 2009, 5:42 PM
its between uxie and mesprit. uxie didnt want to bother getting in after 30 ultra balls, 15 great balls, 27 dusk balls, but used my last ultra ball and job well done. mesprit, everyone knows why. he was much harder than cresselia.
all others were too easy. one dusk ball or quick ball and mission accomplished

serebiifreak
27th May 2009, 10:05 PM
Giratina because it keeps breaking out of dusk, ultras and timer balls.

Thunderstarry
28th May 2009, 8:48 PM
Mesprit. Chased it for ages with a False Swipe Scyther, eventually got it down to 1HP, then used a Crobat with Mean Look to keep it in battle while I chucked a load of balls at it and hoped it didn't use Confusion. Definitely not the smartest way to go about it, I'm sure, but it worked in the end. ^^;

Gelu
28th May 2009, 8:50 PM
Giratina.
It took me like, 40 Dusk Balls and 10 Ultra Balls to capture it.

Raikou_fan
28th May 2009, 8:55 PM
Cresselia and mesprit were the hardest. I HATE runners!!

Omastar ftw!
28th May 2009, 9:05 PM
Cresselia...

though i got a good nature.....cressy would never "play to my part"...

Suiko909
28th May 2009, 9:11 PM
Cresselia was a though one.

80's Rocker
29th May 2009, 3:16 AM
In d/p Azelf, I duno why but it took me forever to catch him. In Platinum, it was Giratina I tried for two hours straight and ended up using a masterball as I just couldn't do it.

electivirus92
29th May 2009, 12:32 PM
azelf took 58 dusk balls an

cocoa_adele
29th May 2009, 1:36 PM
mesprit, since i still havent caught it yet =(

maxim565
29th May 2009, 1:44 PM
Yeah I agree, Giratina-O is the hardest IMO. Even I use 23 Ultra Ball [I think so], it didn't shake a bit when his HP is like 5 or something.
And, cmon, its total PP is only 30. It use Struggle, and it dies

But the my longest time catching is Uxie. That thing was so stubborn. "Shoot! It was so close too!". I use like 34 Pokeballs and 5 Ultra Ball. And finally catch it using a Pokeball

Tabby Catty
29th May 2009, 6:59 PM
Actually, it was Regigigas, the fairy trio weren't too hard, giratina took me two times to catch (I had to turn it off because I ran out of balls) Cresselia and Mesprit I used my master balls from my Pearl and Platinum.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I gave up for a while on Regigas and still haven't bothered the hassle of catching Heatran yet either, gotta do it sometime, eh?

Pyrothrope
29th May 2009, 7:56 PM
Cresselia.

Mesprit was a challenge, but I got it eventually. Giratina was dissapointingly easy, as was Heatran. But I went and wasted my Masterball on Palkia("Oh no, I don't even get a chance to heal my pokemon, how am I gonna catch this thing?!"), so Cresselia has been running rampant since I found it. XD

Undecided
31st May 2009, 8:59 AM
Latios. It's taken 2 people, constant Golbat training (Never though of putting it to sleep), and MANY ULTRA BALLS, but it still evades capture. I WILL get it though. It'll be the only Latios out of my 5 3rd Gens :3

Lucazard
31st May 2009, 9:03 AM
Mesprit, what a pain in the bum, I hate fleeing POkemo.

Timiti7
31st May 2009, 1:51 PM
None, Giratina was far too easy. I did one Brine with my Empoleon (Level 49), he had half of his life, and I threw, actually just for fun, a Poké Ball. So I caught Giratina the first Ball and the second move. It was fun! Also, the rest of the Legendaries didn't cost me more than 10 Ultra Balls after weakening the Legendary till they had half of their lives. Except for Heatran, he cost me a lot of effort. Had to restart for 5 times and the 6th time he was Shiny and I threw my Master Ball. ;059; I'm the Champ here!

ScorpioStarmie
31st May 2009, 2:34 PM
Surprisinly it was azelf ofr me. That little blue piece of crap just wouldn't let me get it. It took me forevvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrr to get! ~_~

Squirtleismyhomeboy
31st May 2009, 2:50 PM
I spent a good half hour fighting with Uxie before i cuaght it

dubiOUS
31st May 2009, 2:50 PM
Both Mesprit and Cresselia were a pain in the butt in Pearl because they always ran away, and I don't have a Pokemon with Block/Mean Look or a Wobbuffet to make them stay.... :( But then they would have fainted because they both have poison conditions and 1HP left... So I just gave up.... Though I did manage to catch them in Diamond. Yay me :rolleyes:.

cascade88
31st May 2009, 3:28 PM
Uxie. I spent ages getting it's HP down, used all of my Great balls (as I had no Ultra balls on me), and then finally used a Master Ball. .-.

Undecided
31st May 2009, 4:03 PM
Both Mesprit and Cresselia were a pain in the butt in Pearl because they always ran away, and I don't have a Pokemon with Block/Mean Look or a Wobbuffet to make them stay.... :( But then they would have fainted because they both have poison conditions and 1HP left... So I just gave up.... Though I did manage to catch them in Diamond. Yay me :rolleyes:.

*Looks at siggy* I loved that episode xD*

I restarted (Almost put retarded lol), so I'll catch the Legendaries the fun way! *Master Ball? PSH!*

Pancakes!
31st May 2009, 8:31 PM
Cresselia and Mesprit.. I hate roamers =/

Adeku
31st May 2009, 8:32 PM
I would have to Cresselia was the hardest. Not only because it roamed but it would never stay in the Ultra ball.

Pokefan0234
31st May 2009, 8:41 PM
Cresselia. I couldn't catch that thing for the life of me....

Firebrand
1st June 2009, 11:13 PM
Azelf fir me. I was really trying to go easy on it. It was the first fairy i tried, and i wasnt sure what to expect. uproar was really ticking me off.;482;;157;

The Dean of Suds
3rd June 2009, 3:30 AM
Uxie tortured me. No other legendaries gave me that much trouble, but I went through about 150 different types of balls (mainly dusk and ultra) before I could catch him.

The Dean of Suds
3rd June 2009, 3:31 AM
Uxie tortured me. No other legendaries gave me that much trouble, but I went through about 150 different types of balls (mainly dusk and ultra) before I could catch him.

Captain Noob
3rd June 2009, 9:50 AM

Sure thing, I had to route out every last PokéBall in my bag to snag that thing, even when its HP was down to a slither. I kept trying Dusk, Ultras and Timers (good half-hour fight) but none worked. Then, I threw a Great Ball and managed to get it.

The easiest for me was actually Giratina. The first time I battled it, I just lobbed a Quick Ball straight away and got it! I swear the chance of that happening is lower than getting a shiny. =p

Ace Trainer Brad
3rd June 2009, 11:24 AM
Azelf with its ridiculous high attack stat kept KO my Pokemon.

Zhanton
3rd June 2009, 11:33 AM
Mesprit was incredibly hard, it took at least 40 Dusk Balls at night with 1HP while asleep.

(s.i.e)
3rd June 2009, 2:14 PM
i had quite some trouble catching giratina the first time i encountered him. my team had low levels i had to heal after every two pokeballs i threw at him.

Auberon TheFae
3rd June 2009, 2:24 PM
Mesprit or Azelf was a bit difficult to catch, but in the end I caught them.

PocketmonMaster
4th June 2009, 10:10 AM
Azelf. The goddamn Special Attack beast with freakin' Nasty Plot slaughters my team whlist I'm chucking my 40+ UltraBalls.

Unless I'm lucky and get it in the ball early, the little bugger usually decimates me.

Alloute
4th June 2009, 10:12 AM
Azelf and Giratina were quite horrid. Took me ages to capture the little beasts.

Lucariofan-atic
4th June 2009, 10:15 AM
Giratina is really hard for me.
but, i don't know why,i can't catch uxie without master ball xd

~:Shadow:~
4th June 2009, 10:23 AM
I had difficulity in catching Moltres, Mesprit, Regice, Regigigas(level 1) and I guess that's it.

*That's in Platinum*

Short Wing
4th June 2009, 11:43 PM
Uxie just would not be caught. I got it down to one hit point and it was even frozen for quite a long time, and my Ultra balls just wouldn't catch it. >_<

Yellow Aura
4th June 2009, 11:47 PM
Azelf. It was just a little harder than Uxie. The rest were easy.

Competitive5910
4th June 2009, 11:50 PM
Uxie just would not be caught. I got it down to one hit point and it was even frozen for quite a long time, and my Ultra balls just wouldn't catch it. >_<

Me too! I couldn't catch the stupid thing
Despite sleep, red hp, everything, I actually ran out of balls this time.
But i was rushed to catch it.

Lifeline
4th June 2009, 11:52 PM
Palkia was terrible, it had 3 Hp and it was sleeping but it still mamaged to use up all 55 of the ultra balls i had, then i caught it with a luxury ball I had left.
Sometimes the game is frustrating, don't you agree?? :D

tom-tom
6th June 2009, 7:05 AM
mesprit, the little b*tch ran around the game

pokefantravis
6th June 2009, 7:32 PM
Sorry but this is not about the other regular pokemon but instead the legendaries.

Cresselia was pretty hard, but I found it easy to catch it with a Heal Ball.

Now I know what I will capture my cresselia with! XD I still never caught cressilia in plat yet. :(

qwilfish
6th June 2009, 7:48 PM
i think maybe heatran, because it took me at least 7 tries to catch it, or maybe regigias, because i had to migrate regice, regirock and registeel from my sapphire and it took me about 3 tries to catch it

sweet_piplup123
7th June 2009, 1:09 PM
I think it was Palkia, my Empoleon was on low HP and all...and I kept on thinking--I am so effing screwed.

Although Beldums are even more hellish than the legendaries when it comes to catching them.

CrossTheRoad
8th June 2009, 12:10 AM
Cresselia or Mespirit

Superlugia3
8th June 2009, 1:13 AM
God, I thought Heatran was the hardest. I swear, frozen, nearly 2 hp and 99 Ultra Balls... Ended up catching him with a regular pokeball -.-

Really? Because I caught heatran at 1HP frozen with one dusk ball on my first try:D.

Azelf in Diamond was like Uxie in Platinum to me. It took 30 soft resets to catch it and when I finally caught it, I caught it in a Pokeball.

Just another quick fact: I caught regirock in platinum in a premium ball.

StompPikachus
8th June 2009, 1:30 AM
Did anyone else find Dialga and Palkia in Platinum to be stupidly easy? I caught each of them in the first quick ball I threw. Maybe they were just so scared of my rock smash/cut/strength/surf Bibarel that they wanted to get in the ball so as not to be absolutely beat up.

superdreamgirl
8th June 2009, 2:12 AM
^ LOL! I caught all of them quite easily, I think the hardest was Giratina though. Took 24 Dusk Balls to catch.

Squirtle102
8th June 2009, 3:52 AM
Uxie was a pain to catch. "The being of knowledge" had it's intelligence but to the test. Or a least until I caught it.

dinofungus the typhlosion
11th June 2009, 8:08 AM
cressela wich i gave up on

ungulateman
11th June 2009, 12:55 PM
****ing Cresselia. Keeps KOing my poor Wobby, is on 1 HP and Dusk Balls glance of its pink and yellow hide. why, Game Freak, why? v_v

ibz
11th June 2009, 9:37 PM
regirock!!! OR MAYBE RAYQUAZZA! i used a total of 22 ultra balls and 26 timers on regi rock but 5 ultras and two timers on rayquazza (after it kept died when it hurt itself from confusion). I used the lower hp while sleeping technique on it but it took me hours coz there is a 3% chance of catching it. just today that was.

Moonlight_Murkrow96
11th June 2009, 10:09 PM
Giratina was definetly the hardest. Luckily, it FINALLY fit inside my Dusk Ball. Mesprit was hard too. But, I caught it with a Poke Ball...of all things...

Dragom master Tryce
11th June 2009, 10:20 PM
I found cressy the hardest pokemon to catch. I had it on one hp, asleep, but it refused to be caught. I finally caught it with a dive ball, which I only threw to get rid of it.

Giratina was actually quite easy to catch, I caught it first turn with a quick ball.

Eaglehawk
11th June 2009, 10:35 PM
Creselia is still wild and still running in my game.

I wasted a Master Ball on Mespirit.

Snorlax198
11th June 2009, 11:44 PM
Mesprit Dang that Legendary was the hardest end up using normal pokeball then caught it

Ludi-Cola
12th June 2009, 1:49 AM
This game I wanted to catch all my legends in regular Pokeballs, as a silly challenge. While some of them were caught early (Dialga was v. cooperative-- only 4 tries) I had bad luck w/ Uxie and needed alot. Lost count, but I'm sure it was more than 30. Good thing I always have a large supply!

Emerald 2006
12th June 2009, 3:10 AM
Cresselia, NO DOUBT.
I definitely wanted Giratina, so I used the Master Ball.
I've heard from others that he extremely difficult to catch,
so I didn't want to bother.

tom-tom
12th June 2009, 3:17 AM
hardest for me was mesprit/cresselia

Kai678
13th June 2009, 4:14 AM
Giratina was so dang hard to catch in platinum. :P

PalkiaTrainer
16th June 2009, 11:03 AM
The most difficult was mesprit for me. All the other legendaries pokemon I caught them with pokeball. It's my first legendary that I caught with ultra ball, because I couldn't catch it with pokeball.

Funnyguy
16th June 2009, 11:16 AM
Hardest was easily Heatran. Spent ages trying to catch. When I did I found out that he was crap. Made me angry

Handsome
16th June 2009, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure but I think the hardest to capture was Cresselia because it kept running away and I wasted lots of Dusk balls (it was evening) before finally capturing it.

Blivsey
16th June 2009, 10:03 PM
The only ones that really had anything on me were the running ones. I always hate those...

PalkiaTrainer
17th June 2009, 4:23 PM
I have an 100 lv crobat and I don't mind because I use mean look. It's the best way to catch them withough master balls. It will take you some time but you will catch them.

Def_Gie
17th June 2009, 4:42 PM
Well Giratina (Platinum) finished itself off with struggle and I had to reset at least once, even though I was putting it to sleep repeatedly. I've never (in any gen.) caught a run around pokemon except for Latios with a master ball, so I don't know which is harder.

Dragon of miracle
17th June 2009, 4:54 PM
Those roaming Pokemon. They're annoying me. I hate them.

PalkiaTrainer
17th June 2009, 5:04 PM
Well Giratina (Platinum) finished itself off with struggle and I had to reset at least once, even though I was putting it to sleep repeatedly. I've never (in any gen.) caught a run around pokemon except for Latios with a master ball, so I don't know which is harder.
And in my sister's platinum was hard to catch giratina. I caught it with master ball. Then I caught palkia and dialga with pokeball ao easy!!!!

Those roaming Pokemon. They're annoying me. I hate them.

If you play a few years and don't know how to catch them it's really annoying and make you angry. When I first caught rayquaza I was very nervous and I culdn't catch it. From a miracle I caught it with great ball. Now that I started over I caught it from the first pokeball and groudon with 11 pokeballs. Try to catch many legendaries with pokeball and everything will be a piece of cake. This is my advise.

-Dark-Knight-
20th June 2009, 9:58 AM
Mesprit.
Man i hated it soooooo badly....

Screeling
25th June 2009, 11:22 PM
Any of the runners for me, to this day I still have yet to catch all of them offered in a single game. >_<

SapphireL
26th June 2009, 8:33 PM
Considering I used a Master Ball on Cresselia, Mesprit, and Giratina, I'd say the hardest to catch was my Azelf.

I was trying to get a Timid Azelf, so even if I did manage to catch it, it usually didn't have the right Nature. It took me about a week to finally get a Timid Azelf.

I managed to soft-reset for a Bold Cresselia, so that wasn't so bad because I had a Master Ball.

I just happened to catch a Modest Mesprit on the first try, so that was lucky. Same with my Calm Uxie.

Shadow Arceus
26th June 2009, 11:52 PM
Giratina and Heatran were the hardest. I FINNALY caught Heatran in a Dusk Ball (suprisingly those almost never work) and Giratina in a Timer Ball.

Louispierce
26th June 2009, 11:57 PM
Mesprit was so hard to catch it took forever

The Flash
26th June 2009, 11:58 PM
I caught Heatran without trouble. Two dragon rushes from my underleveled garchamp put it at 1 hp. with no status moves i just started chucking balls. it went in easily.

giratina took forever, i ended up using a staraptor against it because earth power doesn't affect him, neither does shadow rush(i think thats what it's called) and heal block didn't affect me. all i had to deal with was slash.

glowing_light010
26th June 2009, 11:59 PM
im still having a hard time with cressilia & mesprit.
DARN YOU, RUNNERS >_<

Shadow_lugia991
27th June 2009, 12:01 AM
Poll vote: PALKIA!!
I kept throwing Balls at it and they failed! the battle lasted forever!! Since it lasted for a LOOOONG time, I even tried using a Timer Ball and IT DIDNT WORK
I ended up KO'ing it.
Then AFTERWARDS, when Palkia arrived @ Spear Pillar again, I caught it with...out of all things...
a dusk ball.

I caught Heatran without trouble. Two dragon rushes from my underleveled garchamp put it at 1 hp. with no status moves i just started chucking balls. it went in easily.

giratina took forever, i ended up using a staraptor against it because earth power doesn't affect him, neither does shadow rush(i think thats what it's called) and heal block didn't affect me. all i had to deal with was slash.

Its SHADOW FORCE

The Flash
27th June 2009, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=Its SHADOW FORCE[/QUOTE]

OK!!! Now that i think about it shadow rush is an attack in pokemon colleuseum/XD. no need to get testy here. its just an attack....

ijea4444
27th June 2009, 12:28 AM
Giratina without a doubt.

Nocturnal
27th June 2009, 12:34 AM
cressy was a mofo to catch >:D
Giratina was fricken easy, i wooped it with a great ball on the 4th hit

Fire Hero
27th June 2009, 12:36 AM
I think it was Giratina...Dialga got it in first turn with a Quick Ball. Same for Uxie. Giratina took several times until finally a Dusk Ball caught it (It was worthy since it was a Bold-natured with 31 IV in HP :P)

Wolverine
27th June 2009, 12:38 AM
Uxie.

And I'm still searching for that pesky Zapdos.

azzaman333
28th June 2009, 11:21 AM
I spent hours trying to catch Uxie. Git in mah belly.

CombeeKing
29th June 2009, 11:56 PM
;488; Ugh. . . It Is Hands Down Cresellia,;488;
I Am Acually Still Looking For It, But I'm To Lazy To Acually Try,
In My Old Save, I Caught It Though.

=P

lucatio
5th July 2009, 3:04 PM
cresselia for me it just runs all over sinnoh on mesprit i used the master ball cyrus gave me in both platinum and diamond just to say.

nightwing75
5th July 2009, 4:14 PM
I hated catchin Mesprit

It would take forever just to chip its HP down

Lucariofan-atic
5th July 2009, 4:36 PM
I hated catchin Mesprit

It would take forever just to chip its HP down

lol catching Uxie is more annoying than catching Mesprit.

LiteBlue-
5th July 2009, 5:55 PM
Mesprit by far.

bardock the saiyan
6th July 2009, 12:02 PM
I think giratina was the hardest.
he killed me most times.
so...
I trowed a masterball:P:P

Nny
6th July 2009, 9:34 PM
Mesprit. I don't know, it was the hardest. The other pokemon were easily caught with dusk balls.

Calm PokeMaster
9th July 2009, 4:10 PM
Toughest was Darkrai.That thing must have broken out of 50 Dusk Ball when I finally nabbed him with an Ultra Ball.

Pokemon-Dratini
9th July 2009, 4:13 PM
catching mesprit in battle wasnt the problem for me (thank god for quick balls) it was getting to where it was, evrytime i got to it it moved!!!

AlCario
10th July 2009, 3:05 AM
For me, it's a draw between Mesprit and Cresselia. Runaway legendaries are just soooo annoying. I voted for Cresselia because I still haven't gotten it yet.

ShadowSplash
10th July 2009, 3:07 AM
Mesprit was a beast to catch. Giratina is 2nd runner up, though.

Silent Conversation
10th July 2009, 3:13 AM
Cresselia. When I actually found Mesprit, I managed to catch it pretty quickly (without using Mean Look or anything like that). I had to find Cresselia multiple times because when I finally confronted it, it just would not allow itself to be caught.

WynautQueen
10th July 2009, 3:41 AM
Same here. Mesprit was not nearly as much of a challenge as Cresselia.

bleachaddict
12th July 2009, 12:53 PM
Mesprit because he kept on running before I even got close to it.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
12th July 2009, 9:34 PM
Mesprit was much harder to chase than Cresselia.

RocStar
12th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Out of the poll, Giratina. I pretty much made everyone else faint.

Outside of the poll, Heatran. It started to use Struggle before it stayed in the poke ball.

daddymaco
15th July 2009, 12:40 AM
i know most are said mesprit cuz it ran around the map but azelf was just annoying to me i had to reset like 4 times cuz i ran out of pokeballs lol

Ambri
17th July 2009, 6:41 PM
Uxie took me ages to catch. I had it down to little health, but none of my Dusk/Ultra balls worked! After a long time I ended up using a timer ball.

Azelf was the easiest...one quick ball and I caught it :O

Anytyme23
17th July 2009, 6:46 PM
cresselia because it took the longest to run into.

Ambassador Art
17th July 2009, 6:49 PM
Believe it or not, it was Giratina. It was Paralyzed and at minimal HP, and it took over 40 balls made up of Ultra's and Dusks. Finally caught it with a dusk ball. Took me a couple of tries since its moves don't have too much PP, so it sometimes was knocked out by struggle recoil. >.<

mech king1
17th July 2009, 7:06 PM
i would say that none of the legendaries are that hard to catch, i had alot of old games, ruby sapphire, fire red etc. so i had masterballs to spare.

mech king1
17th July 2009, 7:07 PM
i would say that none of the legendaries are that hard to catch, i had alot of old games, ruby sapphire, fire red etc. so i had masterballs to spare.

Lightey
23rd July 2009, 5:38 PM
The Regis.

I still can't catch them.

Sapphire Phoenix
24th July 2009, 6:49 PM
On poll: Giratina. I always have trouble catching him (took over two hours to catch in Platinum before I caught him in a Luxury Ball... and he was a Adamant nature :D)

Not on Poll: Heatran. I had the hardest time catching him in Diamond... and to this day I never look forward to battling him >.>

miu miu
24th July 2009, 6:50 PM
uxie was hard to catch in my opinion

Anaya
24th July 2009, 6:56 PM
I STILL have trouble getting Mesprit.

*Jean Grey*
25th July 2009, 4:14 AM
Mesprit was the hardest for me. strangely, it got caught in a Pokeball after chucking so many while it was still Mean Looked. Cresselia was easy-peasy, just took my trusty Dusk Ball to do it.

Charizard86
26th July 2009, 12:31 AM
Mesprit and Cresselia. I just HATE the running pokemon! The rest are easy as long as you have a strategy and a load of dusk balls.

ground tamer
26th July 2009, 12:34 AM
Mesprit. I could never get it to just stay in those damn Quick balls and Dusk balls...

Major pain.

AK Punk
26th July 2009, 12:36 AM
Azelf just wouldn't cooperate. Tried multiple times before I finally got him.

PokeN3rd
27th July 2009, 4:18 AM
Cressy was just hard to track. It seemed to move in random patterns, unlike Mesprit who behaved quite like the legendary dogs from G/S/C. I couldn't keep up! Finally though, I mangaged to snag it and was quite delighted.

Blivsey
27th July 2009, 6:37 AM
Cresselia or Mespirit, one of the two. I don't remember which one gave me more trouble, though the roamers always give me trouble. Luckily, they're easily trackable in D/P/Pt, so that makes it somewhat more bearable. Somewhat.

Emo_Kirlia
27th July 2009, 6:39 AM
Azelf. Flucking Nasty Plot...o_o

Zonn13
27th July 2009, 6:48 AM
I had the hardest time with Cresselia. I hate that thing... it ate away my Dusk Balls.

Oh. and Giratina on Platinum... it took a few days.

Typhlosion Trainer
27th July 2009, 7:36 AM
I would have to say Cresselia.

SilverLanayru
8th August 2009, 7:28 AM
I'd say that my hardest legendary to catch was Giratina due to heavy HP and that whenever I paralyzed ir or put it to sleep, I wasted like all of my 30 Ultra Balls after every soft-reset... and my runner-up would be Cresselia, due to lowering her heavy HP at every counter until it reached red and I spent too many Quick Balls on her after that.

Ampy
8th August 2009, 7:30 AM
Giratina and Regigigas (Regigigas in Platinum is at Lv. 1 0_o), I had to use my Master Ball on Giratina in Pearl :/, Palkia and Dialga are so easy to catch

SHINY CATCHER
8th August 2009, 7:40 AM
Since I recently completed a All-Pokeball challenge(As in I can only use Pokeballs) I found Cresselia the hardest to find but the hardest to catch was probably the event darkrai from newmoon island using the member's pass I got yesterday.

brandyjay
8th August 2009, 7:49 AM
I have a thing where I always throw a quick ball as my first turn just in case. I got Giratina, Palkia and Dialga doing this so they were easy. The lake being were difficult but Cresselia took me ages to track down.

Ryn
9th August 2009, 5:57 PM
Giratina made me want to cry. I had the thing down to nothing, paralysed, ASLEEP, and I STILL couldn't catch the darn thing.

I just gave up and used my master ball. The others were fairly easy.

Shide
9th August 2009, 7:08 PM
Definitely Cresselia.

I caught Mesprit on the first try lol. Thanks again, Golbat!

cptmyname
10th August 2009, 3:52 AM
mesprit i was saving my masterball for it, but cyrus left me with only my rampardos at 7 hp and no healing items left, soo i had to use mr. masterball...

i caught cresselia right of the bat soo... mesprit it is

Crazy Chaos
12th August 2009, 1:32 AM
Cresselia and Mesprit, always the roamers that are the most difficult. If we're including the events, the Darkrai was pretty difficult...

dark-link
12th August 2009, 3:48 PM
Although this pokemon is not a legendary it is the hardest pokemon to catch in my platinum game. BELDUM! God I hated trying to catch this pokemon, he was in a sandstorm, used take down(which causes recoil damage), it only appears in swarms, and never seems to want to stay in my ultra ball(+50 ultra balls used). I finally got the beldum after the 16th dusk ball.