PDA

View Full Version : The King of Iron First Tournament

raglflagl
26th May 2009, 6:15 PM
Welcome to the King of Iron First Tournament 1

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/912/tekkenlogo.gif

The Tekken series is one of the earliest 3D fighting game franchises. As many fighting games, players can choose from a set line up of characters and engage in hand-to-hand combat. Tekken is primarily a competition between two players however it is possible for a player to fight against an AI-controlled opponent.

Tekken however, is different from other fighting games. Instead of incorporating "Weak", "Normal" and "Strong Attacks", each button is assigned to a corresponding limb of a character. Traditional fighting games, such as Street Fighter, involve inputting commands as rapidly and accurately as possible, whereas Tekken slows the action down, emphasizing rhythm, strategy, and deception over speed.

RULES

All SPPf rules and Club rules apply.
No one liners.
Stay on topic.
Treat everyone with respect.
Please, please, try to speak in PROPER English. I can understand if English isn't your native language, but just typing to the point that not even you can understand is way out of hand.
Learn to mark your spoilers. This includes any news on TBA Tekken games and ANYTHING related to a character's story.
Three warnings leads to a ban.

JOINING

All you need to do is fill out this form.

Why you like the Tekken Series:
Your First Tekken Game:
Your Favorite Character:
Your Favorite Tekken Game:

Easy, right?

MEMBERS
raglflagl
Flash_Step
treespyro

EXTRA

List of Tekken Games:
Tekken (PS1) 1995
Tekken 2 (PS1) 1996
Tekken 3 (PS1) 1998
Tekken Card Challenge (WonderSwan) 1999
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) 2000
Tekken Advance (Gameboy Advance) 2002
Tekken 4 (PS2) 2002
Tekken 5 (PS2) 2005
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PSP and PS3) 2006
Tekken 6 (Arcade) 2007
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (Arcade and future release for PS3, Xbox360 and PSP) Autumn 2009

CREDITS

Wikipedia for the Introduction
Tekkenpedia for the image and list of Tekken games

Lastly, just enjoy and have fun!

Flash_Step
27th May 2009, 1:57 PM
Can i join please?

Why you like the Tekken Series: It is a great fighting game
Your First Tekken Game: Tekken 3
Your Favorite Character: Hwoarang
Your Favorite Tekken Game:Tekken 5

raglflagl
28th May 2009, 1:13 AM
Welcome to the club, Flash_Step!
I was worried no one was going to join. XD

Why you like the Tekken Series: Basically, I play Tekken for fun, so that's probably the reason why I like to play the game. It's fun.
Your Favorite Character: Julia Chang
Your Favorite Tekken Game: Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Will update the first post.

treespyro
28th May 2009, 4:29 AM
I would like to join

Why you like the Tekken Series: Because it was the first series that I every got into in Video Games. It was my first fighter game and it is still excellent
Your First Tekken Game: Tekken (PS1)
Your Favorite Character: Anna Williams
Your Favorite Tekken Game: Tekken 2

raglflagl
28th May 2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome, treespyro!

Well, now that we have members, I think I should already make a topic.

Do you play Tekken on a casual level or on a competitive level?

Well, I used to be a button masher when I was first introduced to Tekken. (It's probably why I kept on losing) However, recently, I've been interested in playing Tekken on a competitive level. I know a few juggles for certain characters, however I'm not even close to those who participate in tournaments. (I think it's from the lack of people to play with.) But, I guess probably means I need to practice more.

Flash_Step
28th May 2009, 2:39 PM

I too used to be a button masher, and every since tekken 4 ive played on a competitive level because of KING....once i played him one time and he did like one combo and i was about dead lol

So Hwoarang is my favorite character but KING is the one i fight with on like Dark Resurrection...which i still have but no psp.

As for tournaments...i have never participated in one in person but i have on the psp when they hold those online tournaments for Tekken Dollars(i came in 2nd place in one)

treespyro
30th May 2009, 12:51 PM

I am not a button masher and never was because I tried to learn things from the start. I like to wall juggle and just random juggles with Anna Williams.

Competitive? Not until Tekken 6 and after some training and then strike I guess

Shiwin
4th August 2009, 10:40 PM
omg this club is dead a Tekken club!

Why you like the Tekken Series: Because it's the best. lolol. It has an awesome storyline, awesome characters, awesome moves, awesome artworks... Obviously, it is not an ordinary fighting game.
Your Favorite Character: Ling Xiaoyu
Your Favorite Tekken Game: Tekken 5 though I'm sure I will like Tekken 6 more