PDA

View Full Version : The Scary Movie Club

CharizardAngel
28th May 2009, 12:20 AM
This club is for fans of scary/horror movies, where you can discuss your favorites.
YAY, approval!

RULES-
-Be sure to follow all SPPf rules and club rules
-You have to be a member for at least a month before joining or have at least 50 posts
-Owner can accept and deny all members as well as warn rule breakers
-Co-Owner can warn rule breakers
-Anyone can start a topic, as long as it has to do with the club
-No one-liners and no SPAM
-Each rule broken will result in a point
-3 points=1 week ban, 4 points= 1 month ban, 5 points= forever banned

If there is anyone who would be willing to make banners, please PM me

Members List
CharizardAngel-owner
Blue Snover-coowner
Gorgonopsid Master
teetee99

TOPICS-
-What is your favorite scary movie?
-Who's your favorite villian?
-Are there any you don't like for some reason?
-Why do you like scary movies?
-What would you say is the most iconic horror movie moment?
-What was the first horror movie you ever watched?

I made a banner:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3640/mybanner4a319a9dcab80.jpg (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=397077)

CharizardAngel
29th May 2009, 1:28 AM
However if your club has only recently been approved and has been pushed back to the second page with zero replies, you can bump it…BUT ONLY ONCE. Anymore than that and it is against the rules.

well, I'm using my bump.

Blue Snover
1st June 2009, 12:09 PM
Looks as though i'll be your first member, i'll space the topics out a little, so i'll start at the top.

What is your favorite scary movie?

That's a hard one, because i've seen so many but if i had to pick one i'd go with Friday the 13th.

I was really shocked when i saw who the killer was, i never would have seen that coming.

CharizardAngel
3rd June 2009, 3:26 AM
Thanks for joining. :)
Do you mean how it was Mrs. Voorhees the whole time and not Jason in the first one? I've only seen the first two. I thought it was predictable when someone was going to be killed.

What is your favorite scary movie?
My number one favorite is the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I like how because Freddy lives in dreams, he can be very imaginative and surprising. My second favorite is the Child's Play series. I think Chucky and family are cute and funny. The surprising thing is I don't find either of them scary. Do you find scary movies to be very scary?

Blue Snover
7th June 2009, 1:25 PM
I'm back, thanks for the offer of Co-owner.

Who's your favorite villian?

That's a difficult one, because there are so many great ones, but since i have to pick just one i'd say Charles Lee Ray aka Chucky.

Who would suspect a doll could be responsible for so many murders, especially a doll called a Good Guy?

Gorgonopsid Master
7th June 2009, 3:56 PM
hey can I join?

-What is your favorite scary movie?
Dunno, Either Chucky movies, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre though The Hills Have Eyes series was really good so I would have to say The Hills Have Eyes

-Who's your favorite villian?
Dunno, prolly the killer in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Chucky

I havent seen very many

-Why do you like scary movies?
I think that they are really funny

CharizardAngel
9th June 2009, 1:31 AM
Yes you can join, I'll add you to the list. :) Congrats to Blue Snover as coowner.

Friday the 13th. I don't think Jason is very imaginative or has the personality I enjoy in my killers. I feel like all he does is slash people, but correct me if I'm wrong because I only saw the first two.

Also, like it says in the first post, you can add topics if you like.

Blue Snover
9th June 2009, 11:30 AM
Are there any you don't like for some reason?

Hmm, i think the only one that i didn't like is probably the Puppet Master, the puppets could have easily been killed many times as Leech Woman proved when she was toasted.

Who in their right mind would be scared of them?

I get that they have weapons at their disposal, but they have to get close enough to use them, all you'd need to do is douse them in petrol, set them alight and poof no more threat.

Why do you like scary movies?

I've been asked this many times, and i think the main reason is because i like to see how the main character will figure out a way to survive.

Some of them are seriously stupid, take Sidney Campbell (Scream) for example, if that was me when they guy was down and he'd dropped his knife i'd have made sure he didn't get up, and i definetley would not head up the stairs, the kitchen would be my choice, because you can get something to defend yourself.

I've watched that many i can spot the killer more or less straight away, but it's still entertaining to see how shocked they are when it's revealed, as if they had no clue.

I have a new topic if no-one minds.

What do you think about classic horror movies being re-made?

I personally think if it's not broken don't fix it.

The new Halloween was a disgrace, i can't comment on Friday the 13th but i've heard that it killed the series, Black Christmas bored me to tears and Nightmare on Elm Street without Robert Englund is just wrong.

Why do people insist on butchering the classics?

Have they not any original ideas to make into a successful horror movie?

CharizardAngel
9th June 2009, 9:38 PM
The remakes can never properly recreate what made the orginals so special, how some of them that were made with few expectations became some of the most popular horror movie ever. And it just doesn't feel right to me when you take a movie made say in the 80s and remake it like it was happening today.

Nightmare on Elm Street without Robert Englund is just wrong.
so true

Blue Snover
10th June 2009, 11:27 AM
The remakes can never properly recreate what made the orginals so special, how some of them that were made with few expectations became some of the most popular horror movie ever. And it just doesn't feel right to me when you take a movie made say in the 80s and remake it like it was happening today.

I agree with you completely, they should just leave things alone.

A sequel is one thing, but a total overhaul of the original story is a big mistake.

When i first saw the original Halloween, it scared me for a week because of Michael Myers evil black eyes, but i watched the re-make and i didn't even flinch.

They've turned classic horror movie killers into jokes.

CharizardAngel
10th June 2009, 9:43 PM
They've turned classic horror movie killers into jokes.
It's unfortunately so true.

And I added new topics in the first post.

What was the first horror movie you ever watched?
This is a pretty basic question but I am unable to answer. I honestly don't know. I've basically always watched them.

Blue Snover
13th June 2009, 12:02 AM
What was the first horror movie you ever watched?

I think it was Cujo.

I remember watching it and i asked my friend why such a nice dog was attacking people.

I didn't realise back then that a dog could kill a person.

CharizardAngel
13th June 2009, 12:19 AM
Oh wow. I have Cujo! I never watched it though, since I have an original tape and I'm afraid my VCR will eat it. But now I think I must. Was it really good?

teetee99
19th June 2009, 11:23 PM
I like the grudge 2 and saw 5 those to movies are awsome

CharizardAngel
21st June 2009, 5:15 PM
Ok, I'll add you . :)