PDA

View Full Version : GTS Taunts Me...

DarkishOne
28th May 2009, 4:16 PM
Do you have moments where you think GTS taunts you?

Example I'm searchin GTS just to see what people want for weak pokemon. Piplup for Palkia and suck but I saw a Celebi up for trade. I think they'll want something like Darkrai or Shaymin but no, they want Lucario, no specific lv or gender. I try to hurry and nab this as fast as I can only to find out... GTS won't let me trade my Lucario...Taunt number one... I figured over the past few days GTS wants semi legit trades where you should be withing a decent range of the pokemon up for trades level or higher seeing how they wouldn't let me trade a lv1 feebass that someone wanted but they let me trade a lv20 feebass instead. So I Leveled Lucario up to the same exact level withing a minute using exp share and Victory road only to get back to GTS find the same Celebi. I see Lucario can be traded to I do it... Sorry the pokemon has been traded to another trainer...

I can picture Kelso from That 70's show yelling "BURN!" over this. GTS feels like it taunted me not once but 2 times within 3 minutes. So has something like this happened to you or am I just completly unlucky with GTS?

Jolley
28th May 2009, 4:39 PM
This happens more than it should, I missed an any level bidoof for a shiney Umbreon =/

Torterra12
28th May 2009, 5:17 PM
it happens to me all the time

chorusco
28th May 2009, 6:32 PM
Happens to me loads too, it's annoying

DarkishOne
28th May 2009, 7:02 PM
Ah at least I'm not the only one. Still it's annoying and I hope you guys still got what you wanted from somwhere else.

yaminokame
28th May 2009, 7:12 PM
That happenes to me all the time and it is so frusterating it's not even funny T_T A little while ago I was searching for a Celebi with the OT Ageto (I think that's what it was) and the only one I could find and actually trade for gave me that message ;_; The other time it got really annoying was back when I was trying to get a souldew off of the GTS... I found a Latias holding one that I could trade for (after hours of refreshing the lists) aaaand it "had already been traded"... It would be really awesome if they could fix that at some point, I also get this one where I'll look up something like a Celebi, and a picture for a Mew comes up (Which I am guessing that the trade went through, but the stupid thing was stuck up there showing what got traded and it is very annoying lol) GTS makes me sad sometimes T_T

DarkishOne
28th May 2009, 7:16 PM
That happenes to me all the time and it is so frusterating it's not even funny T_T A little while ago I was searching for a Celebi with the OT Ageto (I think that's what it was) and the only one I could find and actually trade for gave me that message ;_; The other time it got really annoying was back when I was trying to get a souldew off of the GTS... I found a Latias holding one that I could trade for (after hours of refreshing the lists) aaaand it "had already been traded"... It would be really awesome if they could fix that at some point, I also get this one where I'll look up something like a Celebi, and a picture for a Mew comes up (Which I am guessing that the trade went through, but the stupid thing was stuck up there showing what got traded and it is very annoying lol) GTS makes me sad sometimes T_T

I think they show the other pokemon by mistake sometimes as a glitch, but yeah it's annoying. Finding a pokemon you want only to have it already traded is one of the reasons I hate GTS, the other reason is all the fakes on there.

christiandeath77
28th May 2009, 8:05 PM
this happened to me with a TRU Dragonite "/

MustGetPlatinum
28th May 2009, 8:33 PM
I don't even know how to use the GTS.
God, I'm such a noob.

BlueMew7
28th May 2009, 8:41 PM
You are over reacting. True, this happens to me a lot, but I highly doubt that Nintendo set it up to be this way on purpose. Try thinking logically. I understand your frustration however.

FC: 4898 3109 8426

Pokefan0234
29th May 2009, 2:13 AM
I hate it when that happens! I missed a shiny Dialga for a Spiritomb a while back.

tom-tom
29th May 2009, 2:16 AM
yeah i was trying to get black charizard and i had the pokemon but then it got traded away
p.s.this has happened several times

professoroak
29th May 2009, 2:20 AM
At least the GTS lets you in! It takes forever to get in, and is so slow, even when I'm right next to the router (which is fast everywhere but the GTS)

Mark_Chaos
29th May 2009, 2:21 AM
I hate the GTS is general. Why trade for a LV 5 shiny Togepi for your LV 100 Legendary. Or a LV 50 shiny Gardevoir for your LV 100 Gardevoir. Now tell me, would you actually do this? I don't care if shinies are involved, I wouldn't do it.

*green_vulpix*
29th May 2009, 3:16 AM
GTS has caused me frustration many times....
So I try to avoid using it. ._.

Lucazard
29th May 2009, 1:51 PM
Once I saw a Shiny Magamr for trade for a Gabite, I tried, it said already traded. O_o

empoleon49
29th May 2009, 11:00 PM
i hatched a riolu egg and then trained a whole afternoon and then i traded it and it had already been traded! i do now have to lucarios..(both oppisite genders i could get an egg out of this)

AncientMew
29th May 2009, 11:22 PM
NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE A LVL 100 DEOXYS FOR YOUR LVL 1 BULBASAUR!

Know what I'm saying?

Mark_Chaos
30th May 2009, 12:09 AM
NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE A LVL 100 DEOXYS FOR YOUR LVL 1 BULBASAUR!

Know what I'm saying?
Somebody's on the same boat with me *internet high-five*.

And I agree, it's is ridiculous the trades they have on there. Seriously, you can't get one yourself and raise it.

Some trades are reasonable, but 85% of the time it's "WTF!? I'm not giving you a LV 100 [insert powerful/pseudo/legendary pokemon here] for a LV 5 [insert weak pokemon here]!"

Rainy_Day
30th May 2009, 2:12 AM
I almost never search for anything because of that exact reason (plus the ridiculous requests). Instead, I've had a ton of luck with just depositing my own Pokemon and waiting. I've gotten so much for simple things like female Combee and Feebas (today I just got a Manaphy!).

CrossTheRoad
11th June 2009, 6:11 PM
Arrgh Thats happened to me 4 times >.<'

Haha I love Kelso :D

derekkoch
11th June 2009, 6:22 PM
I (honestl) put crazy trades like lvl 1 UT shiny stary for a lvl 40+ giritina

i wait for a few weeks and sure enough someone goes for it XD

The Flash
11th June 2009, 7:09 PM
that happens to me to. i hate it. my brother is a little GTS *****. he has a whole bunch of rare pokemon that people GAVE him. he just put out a reasonable offer and people have given him: A shiny Sceptile, a shiny huntail, all three birds, heatran, regigagas, cressilia, manaphy, celebi, mewtwo, deoxys, mew. its crazy, i wanna kill him. all i get is a totodile(but it knew ice punch).

Arande
12th June 2009, 4:46 AM
For the "it won't let me trade" problem. I've noticed my english plat fails to show the level poke they are asking for.

And with the GTS being global, yes, others are also gonna see those shinies on the GTS now. *is up to 40some shiny floatzel from GTS* mwahaha! XD

mxe567
12th June 2009, 4:50 AM
That used to happen to me until I decided to quit...I felt it was for my own good because I had no chance at finding fair and equal trades

tom-tom
13th June 2009, 1:43 AM
i rule at gts, lol evn tho there is nothing to rule

Escape Reality
13th June 2009, 4:57 AM
that happened to me when i was trying to get a shiny arcanine... :\ but it's okay, since it wasn't really a high priority to get. though i would've been disappointed if i missed a trade for a shiny legendary... >_< so far, that hasn't happened, and let's hope it doesn't... XD

*edit* 6/19/09
i traded an okay legit non-shiny togekiss level 100 for a level 100 shiny starmie. turns out, it was hacked... :( though to be honest, i wasn't surprised, because a lot of shinies there are hacked... :\ good thing it wasn't my shiny togekiss i traded. ;) the only unfortunate thing, is that the move set is terrible and i can't use the move tutor since it's a starmie and not a staryu... :(
i dislike how it's so easy to trade hacked pokemon... D:<

Beotium
21st June 2009, 6:46 AM
Don't forget it's not the GTS that taunts you but the people behind the trades..
I also fell for someones trade who trade a Level 100 Pory-z for another Pory-z Lv.100.
When I looked it up, whoah shiny! and powerlevel another Gts Pory-z..when it then cam to the trade I realized that it was just a stucked trade..At least my trained Pory-z is usable for battles ^^'

MidnightMag
21st June 2009, 3:20 PM
The platinum GTS tauts every one. Yesterday, i was trying to use the GTS glitch to evolve my magmar to magmotar, and every time i found a reasanible trade, the lvl of the pokemon was never right... then i started getting mad at my DS for no reason >.<

windspear5
25th June 2009, 10:42 AM
Man you guys have it bad! I remember the days when I would go on GTS and hunt down some Mew and Lugia. Yeah most of the trades on GTS are completely unreasonable and one-sided. I mostly use GTS to get pokemon to be used for breeding, but other than that... I just collect Mew/Lugia.

The Flash
25th June 2009, 12:40 PM
I hate how people go out, catch a bidoof at lv. 3 and then say they want a lugia. Like thats going to happen. I could do so many trades, but the leveling is way to high.