PDA

View Full Version : Are humans extinct in MD?

Tomato-kun
29th May 2009, 4:27 AM
It seems as if humans are extinct,or almost extinct. Pokemon know about humans,and human inventions(the lab,for example) exist,but humans are no where to be seen.

Alloute
29th May 2009, 4:30 AM
No :/

It takes place in a different/alternate world.

ShinxesAreCute
29th May 2009, 1:04 PM
No :/

It takes place in a different/alternate world.

How do you explain the lab friend area? I believe the description of it says it was built by humans, as Tomato pointed out.

sweet_piplup123
29th May 2009, 3:10 PM
I have a really stupid theory about it, but you guys probably will stone me if I actually states it.

talala
29th May 2009, 11:01 PM
i think its a game meant for mainly kids that won't think of any of this so shhhhh...

Penguinist Trainer
30th May 2009, 3:03 AM
Of course humans exist, but for some magical reason every time they get near pokemon, they turn into pokemon.

Of course in the 2nd dungeon game, you were the trainer of the pokemon that came from the future.

And in the 1st dungeon game, Gengar was a trainer who was cursed by a ninetales.

So there are humans in the pokemon world, just like there are pokemon in the rustling grass...you just can't see them.

calze6
30th May 2009, 3:09 AM
Humans exist. Otherwise, how could you turn into a pokemon if you weren't human before??

FlameRose
30th May 2009, 3:49 AM
I'm currently reading an EXCELLENT fanfic called "Spanning Time" on DeviantArt. It mentions how Primal Dialga feared humans trying to stop him and almost erased our whole species...

But I believe humans exist in the same world, it's just unlike in most games you don't see human/Pokemon interaction often.

(s.i.e)
30th May 2009, 10:57 AM
Humans exist. Otherwise, how could you turn into a pokemon if you weren't human before??

it can still be a human from a long time ago, let's not forget that some people believe in spirits that live on for eternal
that can reincarnate in living beings throughout the ages, it can be based on one of those believes. let's not forget gengar and gardevoir from the GBA versions of PMD.

that gengar was a human from a long time ago which deserted his gardevoir after she took a hit to save him from being cursed by a ninetails. he "reincarnated" into a gengar alot of time later.

but to be honest i don't think anybody is extinct.
truth is humans & pokemon don't allways have to be near eachother in both the games & anime. it's most likely a remote place few have heard about.

milenadrg
30th May 2009, 11:31 AM
They are possibly knowing about them for Pokemon who were humans. I think that is a magical world where are only Pokemon living...

TurtwigFan1
30th May 2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I think humans are alive and well because in PMD2, when you reveal you're a human, I don't remember anyone saying 'Humans don't exist' etc.

serebiifreak
30th May 2009, 1:35 PM
Human's exist hence your a human.

Torpoleon
30th May 2009, 3:10 PM
PMD1, 2, 3 and so on (there will be anymore) are placed in a world that does not have humans. That does not mean humans are extinct, in the world in the PNMDs, yes. There is an alternate world for humans.

NINJA PENGUIN
30th May 2009, 6:28 PM
Humans Arn't extinct in PMD, cuz timeline wise, your a human in a human world at the beginning and end up in the PMD world, not long after.

Yellow Aura
30th May 2009, 7:44 PM
There's a very simple explanation: They're in a region that's not been discovered by humans yet.

Mankanshoku Mako
30th May 2009, 8:41 PM
The pokemon countries are possibly just places where humans used to be but aren't now.

Captain Noob
3rd June 2009, 2:13 PM
Actually, in Mystery Dungeon 2, humans must reside somewhere in the Mystery Dungeon world, because the player has been there as a human. It's possible the player's human form came from another region like Kanto on a mission, but either way, you learn in the game that you were a human from the Future, and most likely always lived in the PMD world. I distinctly remember the whole "Groudon's Heart" thing, where you (as a Human; you were not a Pokémon in the future) had commanded Grovyle to return the stone, thus, the human must have been a Pokémon Trainer or similar. Also, Pokémon accept that humans still exist, because your partner says that you don't look human at the start, suggesting they know what one looks like. Therefore, I think humans and Pokémon Trainers exist because the player's human form was friends with Grovyle in the future, but the humans most likely live in isolation, or on a nearby island.

Meh, it's confusing.

Bobby Frank JR
4th June 2009, 7:22 AM
Giratina made another parallel word to the distortion world which is actually where PMD2 is situated.

powerprotector
5th June 2009, 3:50 PM
Well humans must exist in their world because all of the pokemon know who humans are. So the most logical explanation is pmd worlds are set on undiscovered or abandoned islands.

Sapphire Phoenix
6th June 2009, 1:58 AM
The Pokemon and their towns are a secret society that is hidden from humans, and thus, no humans are around... well, that's what I think :/

Magna_Fufia
8th June 2009, 2:03 AM
Well, the general consensus here seems to be that no, humans are not extinct, the games just take place in a secluded land/undiscovered region/alternate reality/etc. Let's move on from this fact, shall we? ;)

Yeah, I think humans are alive and well because in PMD2, when you reveal you're a human, I don't remember anyone saying 'Humans don't exist' etc.

lol, can you imagine though?

Dusknoir: "You... are a human from the future!!!" *dun-dun-dun!*
Everyone: "OMG!" "WHUT?" "LE GASP!"
Partner: "...But, wait a minute... humans don't exist!"
You: Oh yeah... that's right! Wait- *POOF*
Grovyle: "Damnit, now look what you've done!"
Partner: "...Oops..."
o_O;;;

Yeah, and then the game would pretty much end right there.

tom-tom
8th June 2009, 3:27 AM
it is the pokemon world so i dont know how they know what humans are

Netbug009
15th June 2009, 5:54 AM

THIS. YES. THANK YOU.

One must wonder where they are during the game, though.

GothGuy7
15th June 2009, 10:29 PM
I think that human exist in the PMD world but that the town is in a far off location not expertly explored by most humans.

http://news.mongabay.com/2007/0604-indians.html

Take that for example, those tribes lived for maybe hundreds of years remaining undiscoverd.

Dragodynamite
15th June 2009, 10:34 PM
In MD2 there is said to be humans. also the main character. So Im actually wondering alot about this, cause all pokemon knows of humans. But there are none. and it seems like they can comunicate like with grovyle and main character..

Yellow Aura
16th June 2009, 5:47 PM
Guys, seriously. There's a very simple explanation:They're in a region that has not been discovered by humans yet. I think that ends this topic.

KingRaichu
21st June 2009, 5:15 PM
Well...technically...um...
I have no clue. Maybe Arceus gave the Pokemon the gift of opposable thumbs and Textbooks on Thermodynamic engineering...

(s.i.e)
22nd June 2009, 12:39 PM
Well...technically...um...
I have no clue. Maybe Arceus gave the Pokemon the gift of opposable thumbs and Textbooks on Thermodynamic engineering...

or maybe some furry got there a long time ago and OH MY GOD D:

anyway i don't think anyone is exctinct if the storymode ever goes to a point like that. if humans can make villages then why can't pokemon? afterall they act alot like humans.

glowing_light010
27th June 2009, 10:52 PM
all humans fell into a black hole 0_o

ijea4444
27th June 2009, 10:54 PM
Humans exist, but in an alternate universe. You and others were sent there for some strange reason that gamefreak didn't reveal but humans are not native there.

natrivv
29th June 2009, 8:16 PM
If you look at the paths you can explore then look at the entire area on them map in between the paths that is off limits, its enterly possibly for a pokemon city to be placed In the large areas we cant explore

rekreatur
30th June 2009, 12:26 AM
I have a really stupid theory about it, but you guys probably will stone me if I actually states it.

I dare you.

Leki
3rd July 2009, 4:03 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. From the very beginning it showed he was really surprised he was a Pokemon.

And there are ruins, and stuff that humans make, like generators, in the friend areas.

Calm PokeMaster
12th July 2009, 9:55 AM
They are not extinct.They just live in an alternate world.

JamesRaynor
12th July 2009, 11:27 AM
In PMD2 you find out humans were in the future, my guess is they were also in the past as well.

(s.i.e)
16th July 2009, 10:15 AM
They are not extinct.They just live in an alternate world.

as i mentioned earlier, they don't have to live near eachother, it's most likely a colony on the edge of the planet.

Dark Slash
18th July 2009, 2:52 PM
Thy are there just that they only come out at night :O

Shiny_Scizor
18th July 2009, 4:33 PM
Or maybe the pokemon you see throughout the game are all wild pokemon, in a place just not found by humans.

AstralEon
19th July 2009, 3:55 AM
Its a magical region. The Pokemon obviously came from this region and somehow got to the Human world, yet the Humans don't know how to get there because probably Arceus is hiding it from them and only allow Pokemon to get to the Human world.

Does that clear things up?

Wisest Celebi
19th July 2009, 4:09 AM
They're not extinct. The Mystery Dungeon world is a place only pokemon are allowed to be in. If a human enters this world, they become a pokemon themselves...

That's what I think, anyway...

BM14murph
25th July 2009, 9:59 PM
They're not extinct. The Mystery Dungeon world is a place only pokemon are allowed to be in. If a human enters this world, they become a pokemon themselves...

That's what I think, anyway...

That's a very good theory and also they loose all memories of being a human or alot of anyway

If your theory is true though then maybe all the pokemon were once humans but lost their memories

Reign G
26th July 2009, 10:06 PM
I think the intros to the games make it incredibly obvious that it's a parallel world. "This is the portal to the world of Pokemon!" They say before the quiz.

Humans are probably just a legend, that's all. And if a human somehow crosses from the normal Pokemon world (That RBY/GSC/RSE/DPP are in), it's an incredibly rare occasion.

AK Punk
26th July 2009, 11:45 PM
That's a very good theory and also they loose all memories of being a human or alot of anyway

If your theory is true though then maybe all the pokemon were once humans but lost their memories

Not all humans lost their memory, look at MD1 the main character choose to lose his memory to see if he was brave enough to save the world without his past memories.

ArcanineOod
27th July 2009, 2:06 AM
As MANY have said before, it's just most likely that, while humans are there, we just never see them because they aren't nearby.
If you've seen the info page for the 'Coronet Rock', it says that it comes from Mt. Coronet, a place no one knows anything about, or something like that. Therefore they must be in the same world, just a different section of it.

Perhaps the humans, knowing about these Mystery Dungeons where they couldn't possibly defeat all the menacing Pokemon, decided to steer clear of it. After all, it's plain to see that these particular Pokemon have very human qualities and are obviously the dominant species in this particular time period.
Remember that in PMD2, you are not Grovyle's master or trainer, but its friend and companion, therefore perhaps hinting of a future where Pokemon and humans alike co-exist peacefully as equals?

So, to answer the question 'Are humans extinct in MD?':
No, I don't think so.

xX

shaq-attack
27th July 2009, 5:56 AM
I think humans exist, just scarce.
My main reason for believing so is because in both PMD1&2 you were once human.

Wisest Celebi
27th July 2009, 6:32 PM
Not all humans lost their memory, look at MD1 the main character choose to lose his memory to see if he was brave enough to save the world without his past memories.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. Which proves that if regular pokemon enter this world, nothing will happen to them since they already ARE pokemon. That is, like you said, they may still choose to lose their memories.

TomChomp
27th July 2009, 7:36 PM
Well, not the main character (you) I think. But otherwise, I doubt it.

Pingouin7
28th July 2009, 4:06 AM
Obviously not. =/
What are the chances that your character was the last human in the world?

I have a really logical theory right there!

The mods will infract you for spamming.