PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Fossils ?

LegendaryHunter
30th May 2009, 1:09 PM
Hi all I was wondering if you know if a Pokemon is shiny from its fossil

or

Do you have to restore it and then see if it is shiny. This would be good as I could soft reset whilst I restore my 5 armour fossils.

LadyCharizard
30th May 2009, 1:11 PM
You don't; you just have to keep soft resetting until you end up with a shiny.

It's the same with gift Pokémon and encountering legendaries; save in front of the said person who gives you the Pokémon/legendary and if you don't get a shiny, soft reset until you DO get a shiny.

LegendaryHunter
30th May 2009, 2:53 PM
Cheers. I didn't know about soft resetting until I caught Palkia, Giratina, Heatran and Rotom. Which really 'pee'd me off.

Screeling
25th June 2009, 11:25 PM
Good advice, I guess I'll try that with some Armor Fossils and see if I get lucky.

Shadow Arceus
26th June 2009, 6:31 PM
Cheers. I didn't know about soft resetting until I caught Palkia, Giratina, Heatran and Rotom. Which really 'pee'd me off.

Me too. I catch all of the legendarys and NOW I hear about it.

Gibbox2
26th June 2009, 6:43 PM
Soft resetting the concept (i.e. saving, encountering pokemon, starting game over for a more favourable result) ... just the method.

And yes, the fossils themselves actually hold no sway over the pokemon's details, just need it to actually get it.

prince_je07
27th June 2009, 6:58 AM
so soft resetting for a shiny fossil pokemon is proven? wow exciting..i still got amber, claw, armor and dome with me hehehe